Luke & his masters vs Yoda & his masters

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Raptor22
Fight takes place in genosis arena.

Luke's team-
Jacen
Jaina
Mara
Kyp
Saba

Yoda's team-
Mace
Obi Wan
Plo koon
Kit fisto
Shaak ti

UltimateAnomaly
Ah. This is a tough one, since Luke becomes amazingly OP in the EU stuff. Yet Yoda's team is just badass too. I can't make a conclusive judgement because I haven't read too much on the NJO stuff.

Battlemaster
I hate to say this - considering I like the PT over the new shitty books, but, Yoda's team is boned. erm

Yoda and Mace together could handle Luke - but Jacen (I'm assuming all characters are Peak?) could handily take Obi-wan and Kyp and co. would be able to mop up the rest.

It would be a messy fight. Yoda/Mace would emerge from the battle against Luke, victorious, but bleeding and rasping for breath and drained of power.

Luke's cohorts would take them out after a hard battle. sad

Luke's team wins.

axel_jovan
Luke's team takes this.

Arhael

truejedi
Kyp sucks? are you serious? Kyp is rumored to be on par or even above Luke in force power.

UltimateAnomaly
You don't give Fisto the praise he deserves. He's a master of a style which is made purely for mutiple opponents. Not to mention he beat Grievous.

Arhael
I obviously made fun on Fisto. Just can't get out of my head that movie scene. rolling on floor laughing
Kyp is indeed powerful, yet, it was his own believe that he was more powerful, than Luke. They both moved black hole and only Luke lost consciousness, yet, at that point he was out of practice and since showed much heavier uses of Force, while keeping himself awake. Regarding Kyp's lightsaber skill apart from losing to Slayer with red alpha there isn't much evidence. I had expectation of him in Apocalypse but not a single combat with him was represented.

In any case I used Fisto and Kyp as devices to make other fights more dynamic. I tried to show advantages of all other characters. Shaak Ti was described as one of the best swordsmen of her time and had upper hand in fight against Galen Marek. About Plo Koon there isn't much evidence, however, being wounded and with one hand broken he managed to fight off Ventress, which gives him considerable weight and he is one of my favorite characters, so I had to be a bit biased big grin.

In any case, instead of making another thread of boring arguments make up your own scenarios in the way you see things progressing.

truejedi
It is pretty terrible that that entire series ended without another mention of Kyp doing anything worthwhile, and no mention of Jaden Korr either, a supposedly ridiculously powerful Jedi in his own right.

Same with Kyle....

I guess it was important that THOSE Jedi master just hung out in the control room...;.

How old is Kyle by now? Gotta be decently old I imagine.

Arhael
Originally posted by truejedi
It is pretty terrible that that entire series ended without another mention of Kyp doing anything worthwhile, and no mention of Jaden Korr either, a supposedly ridiculously powerful Jedi in his own right.

Same with Kyle....

I guess it was important that THOSE Jedi master just hung out in the control room...;.

How old is Kyle by now? Gotta be decently old I imagine.
There are two books dedicated to Jaden Korr Crosscurrent and Riptide with just before FoTJ. I red Crosscurent. Jaden isn't all powerful there but rather versatile like Revan as he can use both light and darkside powers. He lost duel to Kam Solusar's clone, yet, still managed to kill him.
Then he encountered Anzat. Caught off-guard and tired from duel he couldn't break from Anzat's mental grip but before Anzat could consume his brain, another guy saved him.
Imho main factor for losing that duel was his state of mind at the time as he experienced deep doubts over his ability to use dark side and what is to be a Jedi in general. When he experienced fear, Force lightning was forming on his hands quite naturally.

Kyle is 66, 3 years older, than Luke, grand pa in other words. big grin

Right now I read Red Harvest, which is about life in a Sith Academy. It ended up being horror with zombies. Happy Dance Then I go for Riptide and Katarn books.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.