If I won the lottery! Comic Dork Edition!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Entity
So I play the lottery every drawing pretty much. I figure I don't smoke like the rest of my family so I'm spending allot less money every week for a slightly better chance of getting something outta it. lol

Anyway my dreams always pretty much been the same. Pay off all debt and never work again. Unless after traveling the world and partying till I'm sick of it i finally mellow and open a comic book store just so I can hang out and bs about them all day while I have my own room in the back to work on creating my own universe with my fellow comic dork friends. So basically when comic book men started coming on after The Walking Dead on AMC I was like see thats exactly what I wanna do but I wanna try and write my own characters too. Even if they suck I'd enjoy doing it just for myself with my fellow comic dorks.

Also I wanna year long road trip to every comic con I can get too! big grin

What would be your comic dork lottery dreams?

JakeTheBank
Buy Journey into Mystery #83 signed by Stan Lee (and Jack Kirby if such a copy exists) and Fantastic Four #5, also signed by Lee and Kirby if possible.

Use the rest of the money to help get my own concepts and stories off the ground and sold to an independent publisher and possibly score a job with DC or Marvel later down the road.

Endless Mike
Buy both DC and Marvel, integrate them into one universe, and establish Squirrel Girl as the Ultimate Supreme Being smokin'

Blair Wind
Assuming I won the lottery at a high number (say the last $640 million prize with a $420 lump sum payout), I would settle all my debts and start three businesses.

This would be my focus: I have an ad company I'm working on currently, I would help fund that (around $20 million of my own investment)

This would be my outlet for creative fun: The second would be a digital media play and would be much more for fun than business. If I blow this amount of money, I won't care as much as I would have budgeted it. It would basically be me and my friends creating our shared universes, characters, and concepts and making a series of video games, films, graphic novels, books, etc ($20 million)

This would be me giving back to the community in something that I think is important: The third would be a non-profit that helps spread STEM subjects to youth all across America in a way that actually is interesting - gamify it if I must. ($20 million)

And I'd still have a crap ton of money left over for my personal use - of which I would thoroughly budget so I don't ever go broke like other lottery winners.

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Use the rest of the money to help get my own concepts and stories off the ground and sold to an independent publisher and possibly score a job with DC or Marvel later down the road.

You write? Seems a lot of people here on KMC would love to develop their own stories. I like it thumb up

Originally posted by Endless Mike
Buy both DC and Marvel, integrate them into one universe, and establish Squirrel Girl as the Ultimate Supreme Being smokin'

Would never happen even at the highest lottery prizes - simply not enough money.

Endless Mike
I'd invest it then

abhilegend
Buy Journey into Mystery #83 signed by Stan Lee (and Jack Kirby if such a copy exists) and Fantastic Four #5, also signed by Lee and Kirby if possible.

Action comics #1 pwns both.
uhuh

-Pr-
Invest it in to my own efforts to become a writer.

That, or get a replica of mjolnir made. Then i'd attack Brian Bendis with it while shouting "Have at thee!"

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by -Pr-
That, or get a replica of mjolnir made. Then i'd attack Brian Bendis with it while shouting "Have at thee!"

You win the thread.

abhilegend

LMAO.

srankmissingnin
I'd become a legit super villain and use my millions to terrorize Phoenix Jones.

abhilegend
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
I'd become a legit super villain and use my millions to terrorize Phoenix Jones.
So nothing new, huh?
ha-som

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by abhilegend
So nothing new, huh?
ha-som

Much more villainous. Comic book super villain style. I'd be all like: I've kidnapped your son, poisened the cities water supply and hidden bombs in nursery wards all across town; and he'd be all like: I stop random muggings why are you doing this to me? crybaby

abhilegend
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Much more villainous. Comic book super villain style. I'd be all like: I've kidnapped your son, poisened the cities water supply and hidden bombs in nursery wards all across town; and he'd be all like: I stop random muggings why are you doing this to me? crybaby
I expected better from srank von kaboom. Oh well.

Digi
Originally posted by Entity
So I play the lottery every drawing pretty much. I figure I don't smoke like the rest of my family so I'm spending allot less money every week for a slightly better chance of getting something outta it. lol

Anyway my dreams always pretty much been the same. Pay off all debt and never work again. Unless after traveling the world and partying till I'm sick of it i finally mellow and open a comic book store just so I can hang out and bs about them all day while I have my own room in the back to work on creating my own universe with my fellow comic dork friends. So basically when comic book men started coming on after The Walking Dead on AMC I was like see thats exactly what I wanna do but I wanna try and write my own characters too. Even if they suck I'd enjoy doing it just for myself with my fellow comic dorks.

Also I wanna year long road trip to every comic con I can get too! big grin

What would be your comic dork lottery dreams?

The giant payoffs blind people to the statistics in the lottery, but it's not in anyone's statistical interests to play regularly. You'd save more if you didn't play. I play when my coworkers go in on it, which is about once a year. Again, it's not from any expectation, but more because I want "chump insurance" so that I'm not the lone worker in my office who misses out on the tiny chance that they win.

Lottery winners also have a habit of going bankrupt because they're not ready for the changes that occur. Your plan is emotionally appealing, but my first steps would be to acquire good legal representation and diversify a portion of the money in low-risk investments.

I've said this before, and Blair has helped me hone the idea, but I'd actually consider creating something like Batman Inc. It would be a massive undertaking, and I'd undoubtedly end up in legal trouble for it once it was found out, but it would be a good run until it got shut down.

More realistically, I'd probably continue living my life as it is, just with occasional trips and indulgences. But nothing drastic...any change I make would be gradual.

You win the thread.

Galan007
Pay off our debt. Buy another home in a location of our choice. Buy a few more sensible vehicles. Pay off our family's debt. Put the money into several accounts so that I can still pull interest from the collective amount. Travel extensively. Even in today's economy we'd be able to live, quite luxuriously, just on the interest gained from 400 million+.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.