Santorum is Out

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Symmetric Chaos
Technically he says that he is "suspending" his campaign due to his daughter's hospitalization but realistically this is the end for him.

Robtard
Damn it. I was hoping he'd win the nomination, as unlikely as that was to happen. The comedy was pure gold.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Robtard
Damn it. I was hoping he'd win the nomination, as unlikely as that was to happen. The comedy was pure gold.

No worse then what we have now.

Mairuzu
Could have been worse despite how insane it is now. He wanted his filthy paws on iran asap

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Mairuzu
Could have been worse despite how insane it is now. He wanted his filthy paws on iran asap

Now Ron Paul should be next.

Mairuzu
stoned we'll see

The idea is already widely spread.

red g jacks
why doesn't paul just launch an independent campaign already? does he seriously expect to win the GOP nomination? i doubt he'll even be alive for the next election cycle. it's do or die time paul.

inimalist
Originally posted by red g jacks
why doesn't paul just launch an independent campaign already? does he seriously expect to win the GOP nomination? i doubt he'll even be alive for the next election cycle. it's do or die time paul.

he gets way more attention as a GOP candidate than he would as a third party

don't google, honestly, can you name the leader of the American Green Party? the Libertarians?

red g jacks
yea, of course you're right. but now that he has his fanbase can't he mount a better independent campaign than just about anyone else?i almost feel like he has a better shot as an independent than he does at winning the republican nomination. and he's one of the few fringe candidates who can draw in (confused) people from both the left and the right.

Symmetric Chaos
Being the underdog of the Republican race gets him attention and support. Being third party gets him ignored completely. It is a tragedy of America politics that third parties really have no chance.

inimalist
yea, of course you're right. but now that he has his fanbase can't he mount a better independent campaign than just about anyone else?i almost feel like he has a better shot as an independent than he does at winning the republican nomination. and he's one of the few fringe candidates who can draw in (confused) people from both the left and the right.

true, he probably would do better than Nader or other third parties, but he still wont win, and at least now he gets some ability to present his message on a national scene.

also, running as an independent, he is far more likely to draw republicans and male independent (re: republican) voters over dems. The end result would probably be less votes for the GOP, and I'd suspect Paul would favor Romney to Obama.

red g jacks
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Being the underdog of the Republican race gets him attention and support. Being third party gets him ignored completely. It is a tragedy of America politics that third parties really have no chance. i've heard that so many times. the only thing i don't understand is why it's so impossible, at least in this case. he's already got the attention. he gets people riled up to vote for him then loses the nomination and doesn't appear on the ballot. why not just use the primaries as a launching pad for an independent ticket? i mean after all that time spent campaigning, why not just throw in?

Originally posted by inimalist
true, he probably would do better than Nader or other third parties, but he still wont win, and at least now he gets some ability to present his message on a national scene.

also, running as an independent, he is far more likely to draw republicans and male independent (re: republican) voters over dems. The end result would probably be less votes for the GOP, and I'd suspect Paul would favor Romney to Obama. yea, that's probably what it comes down to.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by inimalist
....also, running as an independent, he is far more likely to draw republicans and male independent (re: republican) voters over dems. The end result would probably be less votes for the GOP, and I'd suspect Paul would favor Romney to Obama.

thumb up

Symmetric Chaos
i've heard that so many times. the only thing i don't understand is why it's so impossible, at least in this case. he's already got the attention. he gets people riled up to vote for him then loses the nomination and doesn't appear on the ballot. why not just use the primaries as a launching pad for an independent ticket? i mean after all that time spent campaigning, why not just throw in?

Oh yes now that he has gained the attention from the primaries it might be a viable plan.

Omega Vision
I can't see Ron Paul getting more than 10% of the vote in a general election as a 3rd party candidate. And that's being optimistic.

dadudemon
I'll point everyone to Ross Perot.

I do not need to say anything further.

Glad Rick stepped down. He was doing more harm than good. I think he has good intentions but he scares me a bit. Why should I fear what would happen if someone were elected president? I shouldn't. I should not have to fear the military actions a person might take in the white-house hot-set. If you fear this, based off of actual statements made and not gut feelings (though gut does have a place in all elections...another discussion), you should not support the person.

dadudemon
You know...

It's quite ironic that Santorum is against contraception: so why did he pull out?

nspokes90
The comedy was pure gold.http://www.infoocean.info/avatar4.jpg

Major_Lexington
Originally posted by dadudemon
You know...

It's quite ironic that Santorum is against contraception: so why did he pull out?

Beat me to it! dadudemon!!!

0mega Spawn
Obama just letting these fools embarrass themselves LMAO

mikeh123
but realistically this is the end for him.http://www.infoocean.info/avatar4.jpg

Shakyamunison
I hope his daughter is ok.

Symmetric Chaos
If I were his doctor I'd charge him a year's income to treat his kid and see how he reacts (then, obviously, tell my collegues to do the same).

Jcplumbing
It really doesn't come as a surprise, does it!?

Mairuzu
No it doesn't concidering that the GOP wanted him out for a while now. He was always going to support Romney like he did in 08. The GOP wants Romney as their candidate, i mean why not? There is no bipartisonship anymore. Both dems and repubs have the same corporate big government interest.

Romney is paid by goldman sachs just like obama, hes the fall guy to ensure obama the reelection. They differ on no big issues. The only change you're getting in this country is the change to totalitarianism with this guy. **** liberals and **** the liberal media.

Enjoy your inflation.

Robtard
Goldman Sachs, it's the Jews, bro. The Jews.

Mairuzu
It's a lot of people. Ragardless of religion or race.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Mairuzu
It's a lot of people. Ragardless of religion or race. But mostly the Joos.

Mairuzu
Are they? I don't know them all personally

Stoic
It's about time that that nig..uh, yeah he was probably over his head.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Major_Lexington
Beat me to it! dadudemon!!!

You're a new person and you act as though we are chums already?

Cool. *brofist*

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.