eSports

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

§P0oONY
Just wondering if any of you are familiar with eSports, or are fans. For those of you who aren't really familiar: eSports is pretty much what you'd expect; professional and competative gaming.

Growth in eSports has been drastic over the past 12-18 months, with certain tournaments getting over 100,000 viewers at any one time, as well as popular pros streaming their laddering (practice) sessions to thousands on twitch & own3d.

The main titles at the moment are Starcraft BW&2 (BW's popularity pretty much restricted to Korea though), League of Legends... with fighting games and FPS titles having a smaller and yet no less devout following. I'm personally a huge fan of SC2.

If anyone is at all interested in getting into eSports http://www.teamliquid.net is a great place to start, it's a site mostly centered around SC2, but it's calender links to most major LoL tournaments (I assume, I don't follow LoL).

Zack Fair
thumb up

I've been following esports since halo 3 was first introduced in MLG. Stopped watching MLG after Halo Reach took a backseat to other games. I follow SF4's tournaments and streams.

Watched a couple of games from this weekend's League of Legends tournament.

§P0oONY
You must have stopped watching MLG at about the same time I started watching it. XD

I've not really watched much in the way of fighting games. I watched the SSF4 finals at Dreamhack winter, it was pretty good, just not really my cup of tea.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.