Ares(Marvel) vs Adam Warlock(classic)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nihilist
1.No gem for Adam, but he has his staff.

2.Straight up fight/h2h

Who wins?

Digi
Warlock in both, and easily in the first. He was never a pushover in a brawl despite how he was portrayed as more of a schemer, and we learned at one point that his H2H skill was incredibly beastly.

Endless Mike
Is this the original version "Him" or the later Warlock?

Either wins though

TheLordofMurder
Ares should stomp him...

Ares is physically stronger and should possess superior hand to hand (as well as weapon to weapon) combat skills (being the God of War and all)....

Ares wins 10/10...

Digi
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Ares should stomp him...

Ares is physically stronger and should possess superior hand to hand (as well as weapon to weapon) combat skills (being the God of War and all)....

Ares wins 10/10...

And yet...

Originally posted by Digi
Warlock in both, and easily in the first.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Digi
And yet...

How does Adam easily win?

He is weaker physically and should be (baring PIS) inferior as pertains to his skills in combat...

So how does Adam win this fight at all sans the Soul Gem?

hunbu04
wiithout the soul gem warlock stand no chance. Ares is physically stronger and more skill plus the karma blast don't work on gods proven twice on panel.

Hercules easily beat warlock in infinity watch while he was be control and warlock karma blast was useless against hercules and also useless against thor some time later.

Gecko4lif
Ares should stomp him...

Ares wins 10/10...

Ares is stronger?

Since when?

He might be stronger than qauntum magic warlock but every other version of him should be roughly thor adjacent

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
Ares is stronger?

Since when?

He might be stronger than qauntum magic warlock but every other version of him should be roughly thor adjacent

Ares is definitely stronger and Warlock is not as strong as Thor...not even close.

If memory serves me correctly, Ares was a class 70 and Warlock only rated as a class 40; its been a long time since I saw the classes for them, so I might be a bit off...but I am sure those numbers are in the ballpark.

hunbu04
hahahahaha
Warlock was never herc/thor level at best average Capt marvell and best luke cage

Don Corleone
Is the new Ares more powerful than the classic Ares ?

Classic Ares always seemed like a chump.

http://i1267.photobucket.com/albums/jj560/Donfaceman/Ikarisowns.jpg

guy222
i laughing out loud when ares socked zeus

adam wins both

Digi
How does Adam easily win?

He is weaker physically and should be (baring PIS) inferior as pertains to his skills in combat...

So how does Adam win this fight at all sans the Soul Gem?

What evidence do you have to suggest he's physically weaker? He's got blow for blow with the strongest incarnation of Drax and come out on top. He's also brawled with a few others, even disregarding his "Him" incarnation. In one impressive showing, he took on about a dozen beings said to be physically superior to him, and took them out casually with his martial prowess. He's been shown to be fast enough to hit actual heralds like Surfer, and others like him. It's a well-rounded package.

Appealing to "God of War" also means very little if he's not impressive in actual comics. I wish Ares was a lot more powerful than he is, but he's never really been written at the herald level.

Ares is definitely stronger and Warlock is not as strong as Thor...not even close.

If memory serves me correctly, Ares was a class 70 and Warlock only rated as a class 40; its been a long time since I saw the classes for them, so I might be a bit off...but I am sure those numbers are in the ballpark.

Are we really still using handbook ratings? When have those ever been accurate?

SuperiorTech
Never understood the whole well he is the god of war why should you respect the title of marvel never has up until recently.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.