SuperMan vs Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Reacting2
Black Lantern Kal-L(with 5 black power rings) pre blackest night feats allowed

vs

TI Thanos

can thanos put superman down for good?

quanchi112
Thanos, easily.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Reacting2
Black Lantern Kal-L(with 5 black power rings) pre blackest night feats allowed

vs

TI Thanos

can thanos put superman down for good?

5 BL rings?!

Reacting2
Originally posted by Prep-Man
5 BL rings?! yes, dont know if one is enough, seems like they are different than other rings

Reacting2

quanchi112

Endless Mike
Originally posted by quanchi112
He died again in the comic. laughing out loud It's like saying you can't kill a zombie they are dead already. laughing out loud

Well technically that's true

quanchi112
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Well technically that's true He was killed again in the comic he showed up stirring up trouble.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Reacting2
yes, dont know if one is enough, seems like they are different than other rings

Kal-L

quanchi112
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Kal-L Based on what ?

Cogito
Pretty sure 5 Black Lantern rings wouldn't make him any better? We'll never know.

I might also be willing to entertain the possibility of Thanos' avatar of Death status being able to do affect a Black Lantern.

This fight depends on it. I'm not sure he can, but I can't say he can't, so maybe he could confused

Reacting2
Originally posted by Cogito
Pretty sure 5 Black Lantern rings wouldn't make him any better? We'll never know.

I might also be willing to entertain the possibility of Thanos' avatar of Death status being able to do affect a Black Lantern.

This fight depends on it. I'm not sure he can, but I can't say he can't, so maybe he could confused confused

Dream Stuff
He died again in the comic. laughing out loud It's like saying you can't kill a zombie they are dead already. laughing out loud

Does anyone actually believe that Thanos is dead?

I mean, we assume he's dead because he was trapped in a collapsing universe? Nova apparently survived it, for pete's sake!

Also, I'm skeptical of the whole "5 rings" condition. Unless we see it happen, we're just guessing that its a powerup. Maybe it powers him up enough, maybe it doesn't. Who could know?

Stoic
Originally posted by Dream Stuff
Does anyone actually believe that Thanos is dead?

I mean, we assume he's dead because he was trapped in a collapsing universe? Nova apparently survived it, for pete's sake!

Also, I'm skeptical of the whole "5 rings" condition. Unless we see it happen, we're just guessing that its a powerup. Maybe it powers him up enough, maybe it doesn't. Who could know?

I'm not too sure that Rich is the new Nova. Anyone got a clue on this?

JakeTheBank
Judging from the thought dialogue and the costume, I'd say that the new Nova is definitely not Richard Rider.

As far as this thread goes, I don't think multiple Black Rings would be more effective as they don't operate like typical rings do, anyway. Thanos being the Avatar of Death raises the question of whether or not he'd be able to deal with Black Lanterns in the permanent sense.

Batman-Prime
Kal-L would beat him, stronger, faster and really invulnerable. With 5 Rings, couldn't one ring claim Thanos, as he was already dead?

abhilegend
Kal-L wins.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
Kal-L would beat him, stronger, faster and really invulnerable. With 5 Rings, couldn't one ring claim Thanos, as he was already dead?

You'd have to argue then whether or not Nekron would have more influence over Thanos than Death would, imo.

abhilegend
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
You'd have to argue then whether or not Nekron would have more influence over Thanos than Death would, imo.
It revived crispus and imprisoned spectre.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by abhilegend
It revived crispus and imprisoned spectre.

True, but there was no opposing force attempting to combat that outside of Spectre itself - and no, I'm not saying Thanos is more powerful than Spectre.

Given Death's power and status, I think it's pretty reasonable to assume that in order for a Black Lantern ring to claim Thanos as its own, it would have to compete with Death's already existing hold over Thanos. Whether or not said attempt would succeed is up for debate.

Dream Stuff
Originally posted by Stoic
I'm not too sure that Rich is the new Nova. Anyone got a clue on this?

I just re-skimmed it. It definitely isn't Rich. This Nova admits to being new to his powers and Iron Man even calls him a "member of the Nova Corps." I'm not sure how I missed that. Oh well, new Nova is better than no Nova.

And i still doubt Thanos is dead.

abhilegend
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
True, but there was no opposing force attempting to combat that outside of Spectre itself - and no, I'm not saying Thanos is more powerful than Spectre.

Given Death's power and status, I think it's pretty reasonable to assume that in order for a Black Lantern ring to claim Thanos as its own, it would have to compete with Death's already existing hold over Thanos. Whether or not said attempt would succeed is up for debate.
Spectre-force i.e logoz is above death in both status and power.

Greysen93
Could go either way

quanchi112
Originally posted by Greysen93
Could go either way How could Thanos lose ?

abhilegend
How could Thanos lose ?
laughing out loud

quanchi112
laughing out loud Your time will come in the arena.

abhilegend
Your time will come in the arena.
False bravado would do nothing for you, boy.

quanchi112
False bravado would do nothing for you, boy. There's nothing false or insincere about me. You will be humbled and Kal-L's memory shall be forever ruined. I hope you can live with yourself after I destroy midlife crisis Kal-L.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.