Shadow Hunter

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DARTH POWER
Ok I know this novel is old, but I bought the recent edition with the new short stories added and having just finished it, I've officially decided Darth Maul is a bad ass..

Sidious believes in the book Maul's "skills as a warrior are nonpareil."

He proved himself to be a "superior fighter" than one whose lightsaber skills were second to none.

So to me everything about this novel (as well as everything we have learned about him since) says his close combat skills are unmatched.

I don't actually think he's particularly powerful in the force. I just think being from a warrior like clan and going through Sidious's brutal training regime made him possibly the most highly "skilled" warrior of the PT era.

Which I think is kind of cool. Yes I know he was from a very force sensitive race (would have to be to be a Sith Lord) but I actually prefer him not being Uber powerful. Just the most skilled warrior, with considerable power of course. (I hope CW series doesn't change that).

Going to read Darth Plagueis next to get more insight into his training as well as his relationship with his master. Perhaps Cloak of Deception first.

RE: Blaxican
Wow, this is all news.

DARTH POWER
^ Hey Blax I know you love everything about Maul..

But I don't remember on all the Maul discussions anyone mentioning that Sidious himself saw Maul's skills as a warrior being "nonpareil."

And of course him being from a Warrior clan is something we only found out last year.

His power in the force however is still not really known. The most we see him do with Force TK in Shadow Hunter is explode a door open.

Like I said I prefer him being one of the most "skilled" warriors of the mythos. Don't really feel there's a need to make him Uber powerful with the Force as well. But who knows where CW series will take him.

Arhael
Yes, that's kind of opinion I always had about Maul. He was trained only as warrior without access to arcane Sith teachings, so not to break rule of two.
And it can be seen as during fight he relies purely on his skill and strength without using dun moch or any offensive Force powers. It was his superior skill and unusual style with double-bladed lightsaber that allowed him to defeat Qui-Gon Jinn. Obi-Wan wasn't much weaker in combat either, even at the moment of Kenobi's anger and grim determination Maul was able to take positional advantage and kick him into reactor pit.

DARTH POWER
I used to always support Obi-Wan in "ROTS Obi-Wan vs Maul" versus threads. Although I always gave Maul enough credibility to say ROTS Obi-Wan wins a very difficult fight (which was a giving Maul a lot more credit than most people on the forum).

But I'm changing my stance on that now. I'm Always going to take Maul's side in any Maul vs Obi-Wan threads now after reading Shadow Hunter and especially after seeing their last fight in CW which was likely Maul's first Lightsaber fight in over a decade.

SIDIOUS 66
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Going to read Darth Plagueis next to get more insight into his training as well as his relationship with his master.

As far as feats go, Plagueis is the badass of his novel. For some reason I think your going to really like him.

(lol) I remember you once saying that all of Sidious' apprentices were your favorite because they are not just "evil, old, and creepy like Sidious" (something like that). Well I think that your opinion about Sidious may change after reading this novel. I mean he is not a redeemable character at all, but was he always pure evil? Well let's just say he did seem to have a little humanity in him but never enough to have been a good person. His sadistic and sociopathic ways are still traits he seems to have been born with... Well you'll see what I mean. (lol)

Also, some revelations about Dooku may come as a surprise to you.

Padawan Obi-Wan
Guys we don't even know that Plagues is real chances are Senator Palpatine was just making him up to turn Anakin to the darkside and to kill Padme, plus why would plague even know maul when his apprentice killed him in his sleep and during Phantom mencae Maull had been apprentice to Palaptine for less than 3 years? You guys need to think things logicilly.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Padawan Obi-Wan
Guys we don't even know that Plagues is real chances are Senator Palpatine was just making him up to turn Anakin to the darkside and to kill Padme, plus why would plague even know maul when his apprentice killed him in his sleep and during Phantom mencae Maull had been apprentice to Palaptine for less than 3 years? You guys need to think things logicilly. What do you think the odds are that this new guy was inducted in to Star Wars EU via exposure to The Old Republic?

Either way, Plagueis really was Palpatine's master.

Arhael
I used to always support Obi-Wan in "ROTS Obi-Wan vs Maul" versus threads. Although I always gave Maul enough credibility to say ROTS Obi-Wan wins a very difficult fight (which was a giving Maul a lot more credit than most people on the forum).

But I'm changing my stance on that now. I'm Always going to take Maul's side in any Maul vs Obi-Wan threads now after reading Shadow Hunter and especially after seeing their last fight in CW which was likely Maul's first Lightsaber fight in over a decade.
Episodes with Maul are already out? Wohoo!
I have always been for the idea that characters like Maul and Ventress can put up a decent lightsaber fight against high league characters like Yoda, Dooku and Windu.

facepalm

dbonelli80
I think is kind of cool. Yes I know he was from a very force sensitive race (would have to be to be a Sith Lord) but I actually prefer him not being Uber powerful. Just the most skilled warriorhttp://www.infoocean.info/avatar4.jpg

Padawan Obi-Wan
I admit when I see Padawan Obi-Wan kill Mail I got kinda upset and cry a little bit the ator who p[lays darth maul is a great friend of mine that i met ons et of attack of the clones. Great friend, even better martial artist. I learn a lot from him which helps as I now teach Jiu-Jitsu to classes 7-13 years.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by SIDIOUS 66
I remember you once saying that all of Sidious' apprentices were your favorite because they are not just "evil, old, and creepy like Sidious" (something like that).

A good memory you have.. I said Darth Sidious's Sith apprentices are my fav characters. Whilst Sidious himself is a bit wierd.

But you gotta love all his dialogue and every scene with him in it. And Ian Mcdiarmid's acting is brill.

Originally posted by SIDIOUS 66
Well I think that your opinion about Sidious may change after reading this novel. I mean he is not a redeemable character at all, but was he always pure evil? Well let's just say he did seem to have a little humanity in him but never enough to have been a good person. His sadistic and sociopathic ways are still traits he seems to have been born with... Well you'll see what I mean. (lol)

Also, some revelations about Dooku may come as a surprise to you.

Yeah Im definetely looking forward to reading that novel. Just contemplating whether to read Cloak of Deception first.

Originally posted by Arhael
Episodes with Maul are already out? Wohoo!
I have always been for the idea that characters like Maul and Ventress can put up a decent lightsaber fight against high league characters like Yoda, Dooku and Windu.

I'm dead certain now Maul's above Ventress. I can see him giving Dooku hell. Would probably win a pure saber/close combat fight against him imo.

But Yoda and Mace are too powerful for Maul.

Mace's combat skills alone likely rival Maul's. Those 2 are probably the most skilled warriors in the PT era. But Mace is obviously more powerful.

I admit when I see Padawan Obi-Wan kill Mail I got kinda upset and cry a little bit the ator who p

Really??

Nephthys
No.

Arhael
You say he can give hell to Dooku but Yoda and Mace are too powerful, yet, Dooku stood himself well against Yoda and I red that there was another encounter between them, where Dooku showed himself even better.
And where that obviousness about Mace being obviously more powerful?

In any case watched that episode. Kenobi showed himself well at the beginning but then Maul turned to taunting angering Kenobi and using it against him. And legs! Maul should have been born with them. It looked like legs alone defeated Obi-Wan. ;D

DARTH POWER
You say he can give hell to Dooku but Yoda and Mace are too powerful, yet, Dooku stood himself well against Yoda and I red that there was another encounter between them, where Dooku showed himself even better.

Well the AOTC novel states Yoda had Count Dooku skipping back desperately. And when Dooku did better in a rematch that was on Vjun, a planet steeped in the dark side.

Besides A>B>C doesn't always work. Dooku's form is pure fencing. Designed specifically for sword to sword fighting. Which is awsome. But it's weakness being it's not designed for anything else.

Maul with his Mastery of Juyo (deadliest form) plus his deadly combat skills, and Mastery of the Unorthodox Saber Staff would be a nightmare for Dooku's pure fencing style.

In short Yoda tools them both, but I see Dooku putting up a better sword fight against Yoda than Maul would. Even though Maul MIGHT be able to best Dooku in close combat.

And that my friend is why A>B>C doesn't always work.

And where that obviousness about Mace being obviously more powerful?

Well until we see Darth Maul Force crushing 2 Destroyer droids and a dozen other droids with a one handed force wave, I will continue to assume the Head of the Jedi Council has a much stronger connection to the Force which makes him more powerful.

Take Maul's skills and give him Savage's raw power and then you may have someone to match Mace Windu.

In any case watched that episode. Kenobi showed himself well at the beginning but then Maul turned to taunting angering Kenobi and using it against him. And legs! Maul should have been born with them. It looked like legs alone defeated Obi-Wan. ;D

Yes I know. Obi-Wan was winning early on in the fight. He got an advantage via a force push, and did not take the opportunity to finish Maul because he was watching out for Ventress.

Cool. Only problem is.. It was likely Maul's first Lightsaber fight in more than 10 years! He probably needed a bit of time to get back into his fighting style. Once he did start getting into it Obi-Wan admitted he was outmatched.

As for the kicks, Maul's have always been deadly. Part of his combat skills. The cybernetic legs will easily have as many disadvantages as advantages.

Arhael
Besides A>B>C doesn't always work. Dooku's form is pure fencing. Designed specifically for sword to sword fighting. Which is awsome. But it's weakness being it's not designed for anything else.

Maul with his Mastery of Juyo (deadliest form) plus his deadly combat skills, and Mastery of the Unorthodox Saber Staff would be a nightmare for Dooku's pure fencing style.
I am not Form believer. It is not the style that gives credit but wielder's talent. So in my opinion master of any form can defeat master of any other form, it's all down to their capabilities and how they utilize their skills.
But about unorthodox saber staff I agree. Indeed, it would be a nightmare for Dooku as would be for Yoda, Windu or any other Jedi.

And that is exactly the same reason I don't put Yoda and Windu much higher above others.

Padawan Obi-Wan
What do you mean? Of course A>B>C. If I am better than you I am also better than everyone you are better than. It's simple bro. You think I just get worse when there are different people. Doesn't wprk like that hun. And don't give me that crap about rock paper scissors it is just a game in real life rock makes paper into paste.

Q99
Let's also not forget, statements about Maul from Shadow Hunter and TPM were many years before the Clone Wars.

Most of Mace's best stuff was a decade later, after he had completed vaapad and such.

I could quite believe Maul being better than Mace or other Jedi duelists at the time. Most of the order's prodigies were still growing at that point.

Padawan Obi-Wan
Plus Ray Park is a much better martial artist than the actors and stuntmen for Mace and Dooku etc...

Well the AOTC novel states Yoda had Count Dooku skipping back desperately. It also states that Kenobi had Dooku stepping back desperately.

I wouldn't give that book any credit at all, honestly.

That being said, obviously Yoda is his superior. I mean for Christ's sake, Dooku couldn't beat Yoda even when they were fighting on a dark side nexus (Vjun) and Yoda was dueling with one hand trying to simultaneously keep an old woman from falling to her death with the force.

Padawan Obi-Wan
I think Obi-Wan is the best swordsman he proves it by beating Maul (though he was very lucky), Grievous and Anakin in the movies and he is only ever beaten with the Force by Revenge of the Sith. Maul is arguably better though, but Dooku and Anakin both got beat, as did Palpatine, and Mace is way too slow to be among the best. Maybe Yoda but he was unable to deal with Dooku quite like Anakin did and for all his speed lacked affinity with Makashi and defence against thrust attacks.

DARTH POWER
I am not Form believer. It is not the style that gives credit but wielder's talent. So in my opinion master of any form can defeat master of any other form, it's all down to their capabilities and how they utilize their skills.

But surely you must agree mastering different saber/combat arts and combining them is lethal. Example In the Last CW episode: Neither Maul nor Obi-Wan were getting the advantage in pure sabers, but Maul's other combat skills (his kicks) were giving him the decisive edge.

But about unorthodox saber staff I agree. Indeed, it would be a nightmare for Dooku as would be for Yoda, Windu or any other Jedi.

Id say Not as much for those 2 because Mace's style is so unpredictable itself, and classed as "the deadliest".

And Yoda himself so small in size, but so fast and with mastery over every form, would be a nightmare for anyone really.

But I think Dooku's pure fencing form (which is designed specifically for sword to sword fighting and the best for that specifically) would not fight at it's optimum ability against complete mastery of a Saber Staff and Physical combat arts.

I do however see Dooku taking the all out against Maul via his force tk. although this could be proven wrong if we see more from Maul's Force abilities in CW Series.

And that is exactly the same reason I don't put Yoda and Windu much higher above others.

Im not a particular fan of Mace, but him, Yoda and Sidious do just seem to be faster and more powerful than everyone else in the PT.

But if you can prove that wrong Im open to changing my views smile

Padawan Obi-Wan
Maul was much faster than Mace and Sidious.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Q99
Let's also not forget, statements about Maul from Shadow Hunter and TPM were many years before the Clone Wars.

Most of Mace's best stuff was a decade later, after he had completed vaapad and such.

I could quite believe Maul being better than Mace or other Jedi duelists at the time. Most of the order's prodigies were still growing at that point.

Still having Sidious call Maul's skills as a warrior unpareil(Shadow Hunter) and having Sidious telling Maul his Skills as a Master Swordsman are peerless (Darth Maul: Saboteur) are high praises indeed considering how amazing Sidious's sword skills were.

Not to mention Maul proved himself a "Superior fighter" to Anoon Bondara whose skills with a Saber were second to none in a time period where we still had Yoda, even if Mace and the others were not yet in their prime.

Seriously I have a new found respect for Maul and see him as a PT Kas'im type.

Maul was much faster than Mace and Sidious.

Thanks for the proving that.

Padawan Obi-Wan
I don't need to prove it have you seen the movies? Maul attacks with two blades as if they were one and does spins and acrobatics, Mace Windu was one of the slowest Jedis in the movies and Sidious was also slow, isntead focusing on the dark side and the senate.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
It also states that Kenobi had Dooku stepping back desperately.

I wouldn't give that book any credit at all, honestly.

Can't find that anywhere. In the AOTC novel Dooku completely owned Kenobi the whole fight. He did however have some serious trouble with Anakin, but still we know who ended up with a missing arm.

Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
That being said, obviously Yoda is his superior. I mean for Christ's sake, Dooku couldn't beat Yoda even when they were fighting on a dark side nexus (Vjun) and Yoda was dueling with one hand trying to simultaneously keep an old woman from falling to her death with the force.

He performed much better against Yoda on Vjun. Nothing close to "skipping back desperately."

But he still fled and like you said his power was amped on Vjun.

He's clearly a whole power level below Yoda.

Arhael
But surely you must agree mastering different saber/combat arts and combining them is lethal.Not really. Whichever style you use, you first learn how it works. Then you put it into practice. On practice you do random sequences of strikes trying to follow logic of your style. At the same time you learn to defend against spar mate's random strikes. In the end which ever styles you both were masters at is irrelevant since you both have learned to defend from whatever you execute against each other.
Trust me, sword fight is far simpler, than those silly Star Wars encyclopedias and Wookieepedia are trying to make out of it.

It is called pure fencing form simply because it is harder to deflect blaster bolts with one hand, that's all. Form's inability against "Saber Staff" is only your assumption. "Physical combat arts" have nothing to do with lightsaber forms, you can chop a leg off with any style and you can kick/grab a practitioner of any style.

Yes, they do seem to be faster and more powerful but speed can't be compared and power is not determining factor as Sidious was more powerful than both Yoda and Windu, yet, couldn't win.

DARTH POWER
Not really. Whichever style you use, you first learn how it works. Then you put it into practice. On practice you do random sequences of strikes trying to follow logic of your style. At the same time you learn to defend against spar mate's random strikes. In the end which ever styles you both were masters at is irrelevant since you both have learned to defend from whatever you execute against each other.
Trust me, sword fight is far simpler, than those silly Star Wars encyclopedias and Wookieepedia are trying to make out of it.

Combining the best of different combat arts is lethal. Take mixed martial arts for instance. It takes the best from different combat forms, grappling, boxing and thai boxing.

The Best Thai boxer is never a match for any of the top Mixed martial artists. Will he have better kicks and punches? Sure. That's what he's best at. But in an all out the mixed martial artist takes it every time.

It is called pure fencing form simply because it is harder to deflect blaster bolts with one hand, that's all. Form's inability against "Saber Staff" is only your assumption. "Physical combat arts" have nothing to do with lightsaber forms, you can chop a leg off with any style and you can kick/grab a practitioner of any style.

No Im not saying Dooku is useless against blasters, droids or any unorthodox situation. He's taken on multiple opponents more than once (which his form is not designed for), and he's trained and knowledgeable in all forms.

But his greatest mastery is of a form which is only designed for fencing. And that's what he uses while fencing. So Im not saying he would be useless against a Saber Staff or that he can't take a kick.

But when he's up against someone who has mastered the deadliest form, and mastered the saber staff, and mastered close combat, those things will all give him an edge over Dooku's mastery of pure fencing form.

But Dooku has his advantages as well. He's more powerful in the force, is extremely talented at simultaneous saber and force attacks.

I would give the edge to Count Dooku in the all out. Just saying in pure Sabers and close combat I would give Maul the edge. His Combat skills are peerless and he's physically a beast.

Yes, they do seem to be faster and more powerful but speed can't be compared and power is not determining factor as Sidious was more powerful than both Yoda and Windu, yet, couldn't win.

Well yes I agree Sidious was more powerful. But he was not exactly combat hardened at the point when he fought them. I believe his fight with Mace Windu was the first time he touched his Lightsaber in over 10 years!

As for speed. We have passages from the ROTS novel and Shatterpoint which confirms how fast Sidious and Mace are. Characters like Dooku and Maul (though very fast themselves) do not have the speed descriptions/feats of those 2 powerhouses.

Arhael
Combining the best of different combat arts is lethal. Take mixed martial arts for instance. It takes the best from different combat forms, grappling, boxing and thai boxing.

The Best Thai boxer is never a match for any of the top Mixed martial artists. Will he have better kicks and punches? Sure. That's what he's best at. But in an all out the mixed martial artist takes it every time.
MMA and generally unarmed combat is much more complecated, than sword fighting. It is true that boxer would loose to kick boxer and kick boxer would loose to grappling on the floor and similar examples. But sword fighting whatever style is essentially the same type of skill. It's like comparing two boxers trained under different school. it's all about swinging sword at different angle. Myself I trained in two Katana styles, different logic and moves but essentially it is all about swinging sword in random direction and countering attacks with blocks, redirections and counters.
Moreover, I went to watch Kendo session. Surprisingly I found that it is the same thing, the only difference is that in Kendo's logic is "Sacrifice your finger, arm or leg but finish of your opponent", while I was thought surviving aspect. In other words, if I am put against any other Katana wielder, it wouldn't make any difference, will win the one with better skill. There would be difficulties against musketeer as their sword is much lighter or spear as it is very different weapon but any Katana sword fighter with any style would have the same difficulties.

You approach it like form VII is better, than form II, which I can't agree with. Close combat is a separate art, it can be incorporated with any form, even if it is "pure fencing form". In other words any other Jedi would have difficulty against saber staff and kicks. In Yoda's case he is too small to kick or grab him but Windu would have exactly same difficulties against Maul but as you said he is powerhouse, so he is more likely to overcome it.

I, also, give him the edge but not in a way that Dooku's specific style sucks against "deadliest form", saber staff and close combat.

It is still indirect comparison. Maul simultaneously defended against both Kenobi and Qui-Gon attacking from opposite sides. It is, also, a great speed feat and much more realistic, than beautiful description of one or another author. And Qui-Gon was Windu's equal at that time. Of course Windu got improved but to what extend? We can only assume how much faster he became since, maybe the difference is very small, maybe there is almost no difference.

DARTH POWER

You approach it like form VII is better, than form II, which I can't agree with.

No that's not what I was implying. Form II is a better fencing style than Form VII. Whilst form VII is overall the most demanding and unpredictable form.

They all have their advantages and disads. I just think someone with Mace's physical strength and wielding Vapaad would handle Maul better than Dooku would.

On the other hand I see Makashi's elegance and efficiency backed by the skill in the force that Dooku has, most likely handling someone like Obi-Wan much more easily than Mace would.

Although I do overall see Mace as a more powerful swordsman than Count Dooku.

It is still indirect comparison. Maul simultaneously defended against both Kenobi and Qui-Gon attacking from opposite sides. It is, also, a great speed feat and much more realistic, than beautiful description of one or another author. And Qui-Gon was Windu's equal at that time. Of course Windu got improved but to what extend? We can only assume how much faster he became since, maybe the difference is very small, maybe there is almost no difference.

Of course the counter argument could be that Mace handled Sidious whose speed took out 3 Jedi Masters(Council memebers as well) in just a few seconds. I know that was a crap scene. Nevertheless it happened.

Arhael
No that's not what I was implying. Form II is a better fencing style than Form VII. My point is that there is no better style. Makashi is indeed fully dedicated to duel fencing but it doesn't put it above other forms. It is like saying samurai style is better, than kingdom knight style, when in reality the one with better skill and capabilities wins. Moreover, both Dooku and Windu are masters of sword fight on top of their skill with knowledge of multiple forms. Saying that one form is better/more suitable, than other ruins the whole aspect of talent, capabilities and versatility.

It is the most demanding because the whole aspect of it is about emotional state but emotional state is important in any real combat. And unpredictability is determined not by style but by wielder. Fair enough that form VII practitioners are taught how to move unpredictably but again in real combat even form I practitioner will move as unpredictably as any other style, if he wants to win. The whole my point is that whatever style you learn, towards real combat you try to be as efficient as possible and at the end style matters no more as you know how to counter all other styles in its most effective way. In MMA even with very different background top competitions are still showing more or less equal fight.

He would but I don't put credit in style specifically. And Windu would still experience same problems encountering unorthodox saber staff and unarmed combat.

Dooku definitely can hand Obi-Wan much easier because of his offensive Force use. But imho pure lightsaber fight would be more or less equal. In AotC Kenobi learned his lesson and clearly after started dedicating more time to lightsaber combat. Sad in CW Dooku was fighting only Anakin. And generally Obi-Wan is shown to have impenetrable saber defense but keeps failing to kicks and offensive Force attacks big grin.

Me too.

DARTH POWER
My point is that there is no better style. Makashi is indeed fully dedicated to duel fencing but it doesn't put it above other forms.

But if Makashi isn't better for fencing, then wouldn't that make Makshi pretty useless as it's not that good for things like deflecting blaster fire, or handling mutiple opponents?

I thought each form has it's strengths and weaknesses, and Makashi's strength was it's pure fencing prowess.

And Form VII is called the deadliest and most powerful form by Yoda.
Whilst Soresu is clearly the best for defending.

So they all obviously have their advantages over other forms.

Dooku definitely can hand Obi-Wan much easier because of his offensive Force use. But imho pure lightsaber fight would be more or less equal. In AotC Kenobi learned his lesson and clearly after started dedicating more time to lightsaber combat. Sad in CW Dooku was fighting only Anakin. And generally Obi-Wan is shown to have impenetrable saber defense but keeps failing to kicks and offensive Force attacks big grin.

If you watch in slow motion, just before Dooku takes Obi-Wan out with the force he whacks his Lightsaber to the side leaving Obi-Wan open.

So I do believe Dooku is the superior swordsman to Kenobi even without the use of Force TK.

Arhael
But if Makashi isn't better for fencing, then wouldn't that make Makshi pretty useless as it's not that good for things like deflecting blaster fire, or handling mutiple opponents?For blaster fire it is never problem to switch to double grip and Dooku seemed to handle Anakin and Obi-Wan simultaneously quite well in RotS.

Agree, they have advantages as well as disadvantages against each other. But does it make one form ultimately better, than other in duel?
As you can see, when it comes to fight between experienced masters I don't give more wight to one or another form, I even created topic, where I describe farther reasons and my skepticism.
Kit Fisto was master of Form I and was still described as one of the best sword fighters and demonstrated it against Grivous. Yes, he failed miserably against Sidious but can we blame the form for that?
In your opinion Dooku lost to Anakin because his style wasn't suitable against form V or because Anakin became better fighter?

Lol! Lets now work on every small detail and unreality of actor's choreography! Watched that fragment and now I am confused why instead of cutting Dooku down he simply switched lightsaber off big grin

If seriously, I believe Kenobi by RotS to be better sword fighter as he put up much better and more impressive fight against Anakin. Anyway. We have different believes and logic behind them. Just saying as we are coming back to very old subject we discussed long ago, I'm trying to avoid repeating things. smile

DARTH POWER
^ No worries. You actually have a point. Kit Fisto was clearly one of the best duelists and his was Form I.

Also Qui-Gon's was form V and he was also supposed to be one of the best fencers on the Jedi order.

He apparently sparred quite well with Mace at the time.

Btw I would call Anakin the stronger fighter out of him and Dooku. Or the more powerful. I wouldn't call him the better fighter. Because that would suggest the way he fights is better.

Arhael
Also Qui-Gon's was form V and he was also supposed to be one of the best fencers on the Jedi order.

He apparently sparred quite well with Mace at the time.

Btw I would call Anakin the stronger fighter out of him and Dooku. Or the more powerful. I wouldn't call him the better fighter. Because that would suggest the way he fights is better.

The fanny thing is that Qui-Gon's form was Ataru, yet, in film it indeed looks like V as he constantly was giving powerful strikes instead of focusing on agility. I guess at that point forms weren't invented yet.

And, yes, Dooku is better and more versatile fighter, I was referring strictly to lightsaber combat.

DARTH POWER
The fanny

Haha..

Sorry couldn't help myself..

Qui-Gon's form was Ataru, yet, in film it indeed looks like V as he constantly was giving powerful strikes instead of focusing on agility. I guess at that point forms weren't invented yet.

Your right. He doesn't seem like an Ataro user at all. He does look more like a Form V stylist.

Arhael
Haha..

Sorry couldn't help myself..

Arghhh rolling on floor laughing
In my defense I can say that at training I was being thrown hard and my brain still hurts!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.