One Piece: Pirate Warriors

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nephthys
Its been announced that One Piece: Pirate Warriors will be getting a US release, in November.

bEYg6ULz1KE&feature=player_embedded

ashu9aNrhwo

GPGaDdkT3bg&feature=player_embedded

GAGENFUGENbhbhgvws YOU GET TO PLAY AS WHITEBEARD!

Holy shit this game looks awesome. Just going by the trailers it looks like the game goes all the way up to the Marineford arc. How long would this game need to be?! I can't believe this actually exists. Its too magical.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Nephthys
Its been announced that One Piece: Pirate Warriors will be getting a US release, in November.

bEYg6ULz1KE&feature=player_embedded

ashu9aNrhwo

GPGaDdkT3bg&feature=player_embedded

GAGENFUGENbhbhgvws YOU GET TO PLAY AS WHITEBEARD!

Holy shit this game looks awesome. Just going by the trailers it looks like the game goes all the way up to the Marineford arc. How long would this game need to be?! I can't believe this actually exists. Its too magical. Yep, I'm looking forward to this game. Too bad it will be a PSN exclusive only though.

T-Wrecks
I was also excited about the game until I found out that 1) it will be download only (Japan got a freaking gold PS3 bundle and we don't even get a disc?!) and 2) there will be no English voice acting. It still amazes me that the most popular anime in Japan ever is still being shit on in the U.S. all because 4KIDS had it for a little bit. Even in death 4KIDS ruins anime for America >sad

Nephthys
Dammit 4KIDS.... they blew it up. Those crazy bastards blew it all up! http://fi.somethingawful.com/images/smilies/negativeman-55f.png

T-Wrecks
Originally posted by Nephthys
Dammit 4KIDS.... they blew it up. Those crazy bastards blew it all up! http://fi.somethingawful.com/images/smilies/negativeman-55f.png

Man, Charlton Heston looks way different than I remember O_O

Seriously though, how many OP games were there when 4KIDS had the rights? Like 4 or 5. How many since FUNi saved the show? This would be the second and it's getting a half assed release. It's really annoying that we got several games under the shitty version, yet now because of that version we can't even get a full release of one game. We missed out on Unlimited Cruise (even the 3DS version), Gear Spirit and Gigant Battle and now that we finally get a U.S. release of something, but it's not even a full release.

I swear, it sucks to be a American OP fan sometimes. I'm not trying to throw my self a pity party, but it's really f-ing annoying! This show should have been bigger than DBZ, yet DBZ is still more popular even though it's been over for more than 10 years and is inferior in every way (story, characters, music, animation, voice acting, even the action). The only explanation is either 1) American anime fans have no taste or 2) 4KIDS destroyed OP's reputation so much that only the diehard fans remain and no one else wants to give it a shot. It's depressing, even Hetalia seems more popular, and don't even get me stated on that show (Bishonen Nazis? Are kidding Japan?)...

Kazenji
That's good to hear its getting a American release....just hope a Australian is next.

Bro SMASH
Originally posted by T-Wrecks
This show should have been bigger than DBZ, yet DBZ is still more popular even though it's been over for more than 10 years and is inferior in every way (story, characters, music, animation, voice acting, even the action).

You really think so? I like them both equally. I see One Piece as a more worthy spiritual successor to Dragon Ball.

Lek Kuen
Originally posted by Bro SMASH
You really think so? I like them both equally. I see One Piece as a more worthy spiritual successor to Dragon Ball.

One Piece's popularity suffered alot from the 4kids version. It's still popular here but nowhere near what it could have been and not anywhere close to the juggernaut it is in japan and the juggernauts that dbz and pokemon were

Bro SMASH
Well they need to at least put it back on TV, specifically Cartoon Network. That's one thing that's holding back it's popularity now.

Kazenji
Are people taking about the show being all cut up?

just buy it on dvd its all uncut there.

Lek Kuen
We're talking about it's popularity

T-Wrecks
Originally posted by Kazenji
Are people taking about the show being all cut up?

just buy it on dvd its all uncut there.

We're referring to the fact that the 4KIDS version ruined the potential casual fan-base for OP long before FUNi got the rights, so even after they fixed the show, all the casual viewers had already made up their minds about it, leaving the series to survive solely on it's hardcore fan base.

I agree that it does need to go back on TV, but it seems like outside of Adult Swim, most American TV stations just don't want to mess with anime. Most of them seem to want to make their own generic wanna be crap like Huntiks and Radikai and that one thing on the Hub that makes me vomit in my mouth whenever I see an ad for it. Nicktoons shows promise since they showed both DBZ Kai and DBGT, but I don't know, maybe FUNi just isn't pushing for TV for some reason. I'm not even sure OP is on Netflix, so I really don't know what FUNi's plans for non-otaku marketing are.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.