The Badasses vs The Boyscouts

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
Black Adam, Beta Ray Bill, Guy Gardener and Hulk

vs

Superman, Hal Jordan, Martian Manhunter and Nova

-Pr-
Calling Hal Jordan a boyscout? Really? confused

Starscream M
Originally posted by -Pr-
Calling Hal Jordan a boyscout? Really? confused yeah, the dude's got impeccable ethics

ares834
Team 1. BRB's powers greatly hinders Hal's power and Supes can pick up the slack.

BTW, why are you calling Adam and BRB boyscouts....

Edit: Ah new characters.... What Hulk are we using?

-Pr-
Originally posted by Starscream M
yeah, the dude's got impeccable ethics

Not really.

Starscream M
Not really. how so?

JakeTheBank
He can be a commitment phobic, arrogant, womanizing, reckless ass.

-Pr-
how so?

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
He can be a commitment phobic, arrogant, womanizing, reckless ass.

Pretty much. And that's not even including his pre-crisis days.

Starscream M
He can be a commitment phobic, arrogant, womanizing, reckless ass. I distinguish badass from boyscout on their willingness to kill a bad guy...the boyscouts all have qualms about killing.

ares834
So Batman is a boyscout... erm

-Pr-
I distinguish badass from boyscout on their willingness to kill a bad guy...the boyscouts all have qualms about killing.

You're just digging deeper and deeper, tbh.

Parmaniac
And that's not even including his pre-crisis days. Cardboard?

-Pr-
Originally posted by Parmaniac
Cardboard?

Que?

abhilegend
He can be a commitment phobic, arrogant, womanizing, pedophile, reckless ass.
Fixed.
shifty

CosmicComet
Everyone can fly on team 2.

Spire
Aside from Supes, I don't think any of those guys are boyscouts.

They are not evil, but I mean...you know. Lol.

Parmaniac
Que? I've seen a fun pic being posted here somewhere aking fun of Hal's personality, Supes was talking to him non stop and then someone came and said "Oh Superman sorry I just forgot that lifesize Cardboard model of Hal here" and Supes was like WTF. laughing out loud

abhilegend
I've seen a fun pic being posted here somewhere aking fun of Hal's personality, Supes was talking to him non stop and then someone came and said "Oh Superman sorry I just forgot that lifesize Cardboard model of Hal here" and Supes was like WTF. laughing out loud
Sounds about right.

-Pr-
I've seen a fun pic being posted here somewhere aking fun of Hal's personality, Supes was talking to him non stop and then someone came and said "Oh Superman sorry I just forgot that lifesize Cardboard model of Hal here" and Supes was like WTF. laughing out loud

Oh that. Yeah, I've seen that a lot, but tbh, 90% of comic fans seem to think that unless a person accentuates every action with a catchphrase or some homicidal mania, they don't have a personality.

Hal has plenty of personality; he's just not as flashy as someone like Guy.

Philosophía
"Hal has a personality, as long as you're a fanboy like myself who projects it onto him" fixed, for accuracy's sake. uhuh

abhilegend

-Pr-

Philosophía
if it was in any way accurate, I might agree with you. I think I struck a cord, broul.

http://i40.tinypic.com/k9j0wj.gif

-Pr-

JakeTheBank
I distinguish badass from boyscout on their willingness to kill a bad guy...the boyscouts all have qualms about killing.

Hal's killed before when he's had to. And he'd definitely kill someone before Superman would.

Kyle's more of a boyscout than Hal is, tbh.

-Pr-
Hal's killed before when he's had to. And he'd definitely kill someone before Superman would.

Plus, Hal, you know, fires missiles at people for a living. Or at least, he did for a time.

JakeTheBank
Really wished they would have expanded on the P.O.W arc.

Would have been neat.

PillarofOsiris

He's also more likely to attempt to commit genocide.

-Pr-

Would have been neat.

Yeah. That was actually the arc that got me in to GL in the first place. Great stuff, and Ivan Reis was on fire.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by PillarofOsiris
He's also more likely to attempt to commit genocide.

Space demon fear bug. Doesn't count.

-Pr-
Space demon fear bug. Doesn't count.

Tell that to the Lost Lanterns. vin

JakeTheBank
Tell that to the Lost Lanterns. vin

I would. And then laugh right in their faces.

Blight

Would have been neat. What arc is this?

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Blight
What arc is this?

It was during the across the board One Year Later arc that DC did. Hal, Cowgirl, and another fellow pilot of his all get shot down over enemy lines and are held as prisoners of war. Hal winds up saving the day, but blames himself for not carrying the ring on him as it automatically activates when the user is in peril.

Really, it could have been a great way to put Hal in a very human situation on Earth for once instead of non-stop War of Light build up.

Blight
Ah. This may be the only Arc I'm missing sad

JakeTheBank
It was one of the more "quieter" arcs in Green Lantern as it happened before Sinestro Wars Corps started in earnest.

Badabing
Having Guy and Hulk on the same team is spite. They stomp!

Odekahn
Yeah, like others, I read the post and was like... Hal a boyscout? rofl

But seriously, if you're making a list of boyscouts Captain America should be right under Superman.

Cool idea man, I just think the picks could use a little work.

-Pr-
I would. And then laugh right in their faces.

You don't like them? I mean, what's not to like?

carver9
Boyscout team wins. Hulk gets bfred and the others get double teamed.

Sixth_Winged
I am dissapointed. When i see boyscot the first thing that comes to my mind is captain america and pre-grant morrisson cyclops. Ah well.

Anyway going with boyscouts due to the martian. Nova is just fodder here though.

JakeTheBank
You don't like them? I mean, what's not to like?

Oh, I like the Lost Lanterns. I just can see the humor in what was once a tale in the pressures of the superheroics culminating into a psychotic break now be a tale in being possessed by a space demon fear bug. I've often cited Parallax possession when my actions have been deemed strange or out of character by friends and family, ha ha.

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by Sixth_Winged
I am dissapointed. When i see boyscot the first thing that comes to my mind is captain america and pre-grant morrisson cyclops. Ah well.

I agree. Boyscouts makes me think of Cap and Cyclops, but also Superman.

When I think of badasses I think of Wolverine, Lobo, Orion, Gladiator, etc.

-Pr-
Oh, I like the Lost Lanterns. I just can see the humor in what was once a tale in the pressures of the superheroics culminating into a psychotic break now be a tale in being possessed by a space demon fear bug. I've often cited Parallax possession when my actions have been deemed strange or out of character by friends and family, ha ha.

I was totally being sarcastic. sad

abhilegend
I was totally being sarcastic. sad
durly

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.