THANOS: Under Trans........

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sin I AM
Not your typical thread but I was having a discussion with a friend about this earlier and i think it could be answered here. Her argument was that Silver Surfer should be able to neutralize him given his powerset and abilities but is consistently made his b1tch.

What character under trans could effectively neutralize Thanos?

No outside help, no prep, fighting to the ABSOLUTE BEST of his/her abilities on a random encounter.

Who if anyone can put him down the Titan ???
Who can get 5/10?

Nihilist
Just one question! what makes you think Surfer powerset is that much if any greater than what Thanos has?

Sin I AM
Did you read my op nil? I didnt thinlk so she did (my friend). Her argument was given that he can amp, and the laundry list of feats that he has...he should atleast on his best day be able to gain atleast one win over him. I actually argued against it

h1a8
Originally posted by Nihilist
Just one question! what makes you think Surfer powerset is that much if any greater than what Thanos has? The blackhole principle along with speed and being intangible alone trumps ANYTHING Thanos can do. Surfer can throw away his other powers and use only those three to be superior to Thanos.

With that said, Superman fighting at his best could win a healthy majority against Thanos easily.

Endless Mike
Thanos has survived black holes before

Digi
Durability, raw energy output, head-to-head matchups, you have a lot to draw from to back Thanos. The Odin or Tyrant fights alone should be all the evidence you need. Feat for feat isn't necessary when it's repeatedly clear that he's operating on a higher level.

Originally posted by Sin I AM
Her argument...

A girl who can have an in-depth conversation about Surfer v. Thanos?! I'm not even one of those "ZOMG I'm a dork and a girl likes comics!!!!11!" types. But I don't think I have encountered this yet. Girl comic fans, sure. Girl comic fans at that level, heck no.

Endless Mike
I know a girl on another forum who is an expert on DC and knows practically every version of Superman and the JLA

Stoic
Originally posted by Digi
Durability, raw energy output, head-to-head matchups, you have a lot to draw from to back Thanos. The Odin or Tyrant fights alone should be all the evidence you need. Feat for feat isn't necessary when it's repeatedly clear that he's operating on a higher level.

A girl who can have an in-depth conversation about Surfer v. Thanos?! I'm not even one of those "ZOMG I'm a dork and a girl likes comics!!!!11!" types. But I don't think I have encountered this yet. Girl comic fans, sure. Girl comic fans at that level, heck no.

Trust me there are loads of them out there. And yes many are very pretty.

zopzop
Originally posted by h1a8
The blackhole principle along with speed and being intangible alone trumps ANYTHING Thanos can do. Surfer can throw away his other powers and use only those three to be superior to Thanos.

With that said, Superman fighting at his best could win a healthy majority against Thanos easily.

None of that matters vs Thanos. As we've seen, characters survive unscathed inside stars, black holes, etc... yet get wrecked by lightening attacks or sheer physical force, things aren't supposed to make sense in comics.

How else can you explain why Gladiator can waltz through the heart of a supergiant star with all it's million of tons per sq in of pressure and millions of degrees Celsius temps, yet get owned by Thor's lightening?

That's why I say feats (including displays of power) are only good for Respect threads, but in the VS forum fights matter. Going by fights, Thanos wrecks Surfer 1000000000000000/10.

ares834
Originally posted by Endless Mike
I know a girl on another forum who is an expert on DC and knows practically every version of Superman and the JLA

You get her number by chance?

Or at least a pic?

Gecko4lif
He said on a forum.

You desperate ass...

Endless Mike
Originally posted by zopzop
How else can you explain why Gladiator can waltz through the heart of a supergiant star with all it's million of tons per sq in of pressure and millions of degrees Celsius temps, yet get owned by Thor's lightening?

Magic stick out tongue

carver9
None of that matters vs Thanos. As we've seen, characters survive unscathed inside stars, black holes, etc... yet get wrecked by lightening attacks or sheer physical force, things aren't supposed to make sense in comics.

That's why I say feats (including displays of power) are only good for Respect threads, but in the VS forum fights matter. Going by fights, Thanos wrecks Surfer 1000000000000000/10.

Happy Dance

Nihilist
Originally posted by h1a8
The blackhole principle along with speed and being intangible alone trumps ANYTHING Thanos can do. Surfer can throw away his other powers and use only those three to be superior to Thanos.

With that said, Superman fighting at his best could win a healthy majority against Thanos easily. Seeing as the Black hole,speed and intangability Surfer has shown can do anything to Thanos it doesnt mean shit.

Thanos being able to simply grant his life energy back is greater than what Surfer can do.

Digi
Originally posted by Endless Mike

I mean in real life. We all know forum females with a lot of knowledge. The best I've found is a girl who's really into Batman comics.

Originally posted by Gecko4lif
He said on a forum.

You desperate ass...

lmao

Sin I AM

I think a mage could possibly, maybe scarlet witch or a proficient strange

and you need to get out more

Digi
I think a mage could possibly, maybe scarlet witch or a proficient strange

and you need to get out more

That's just it, I have plenty of friends. I'm out like 4 nights a week on average. I just have no friends (or few) into comics. It's part of the reason I latched onto KMC - it's my outlet for that particular interest. Generally if a friend is into comics, it's 1-2 characters, not the industry as a whole, and definitely not Thanos v. Surfer depth.

It's entirely possible that this is more common than my experience leads me to believe. I just thought it was interesting.

Sin I AM
That's just it, I have plenty of friends. I'm out like 4 nights a week on average. I just have no friends (or few) into comics. It's part of the reason I latched onto KMC - it's my outlet for that particular interest. Generally if a friend is into comics, it's 1-2 characters, not the industry as a whole, and definitely not Thanos v. Surfer depth.

It's entirely possible that this is more common than my experience leads me to believe. I just thought it was interesting.

Women like complex characterization more than over the top violence which is why most women shy from comics. i however grew up with brothers who pushed it on me. Most of the females i know who like comics prefer manga over american books because they are more romance based. Plus japanese books have more female authors and artists

TheLordofMurder
I can think of 2 right off the bat (3 if they fought in a favorable environment) that are under Trans and should be able to defeat Thanos based off of what is possible given their powerset...

The Silver Surfer should be able to defeat Thanos every single time if he doent fall to comicbook stupidity and fight like a senile ape...

With creative use of his powerset, he could defeat Thanos many different ways without Thanos being able to do anything about it...much less fight back.

Nimrod has a powerset that would allow him to defeat most enemies (Thanos included) under Trans based on the fact that he can adapt to virtually any attack, reconstruct from powder, and scan an opponent for weaknesses and come up with a lethal solution for fealing with said foe...

Nimrod should be able to eventually defeat Thanos sans comicbook stupidity, CIS, and PIS...

Cyborg Superman could defeat Thanos every single time as well...but only if they fought in an environment that is very favorable to Henshaw.

Galactus's homeworld or the surface of planet Cybertron are two of several environments that Thanos would lose against Henshaw every single time if they fought upon them...

Nihilist
laughing out loud

TheLordofMurder
laughing out loud

Yeah, I know...the truth hurts lordboo!

laughing out loud

Happy Dance

Nihilist
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Yeah, I know...the truth hurts lordboo!

laughing out loud

Happy Dance Your made up version of characters hurts? laughing out loud keep dreaming kid.

Id ask you to prove what you put in your first post but i know id be wasting my time.

TheLordofMurder
Your made up version of characters hurts? laughing out loud keep dreaming kid.

Id ask you to prove what you put in your first post but i know id be wasting my time.

F**k off fanboy and have fun with your Thanos blowup toy...

Thanos isnt the most versatile character and he definitely isnt invincible; the truth is that he is an overhyped wanna-be badguy who has low self esteem, is in love with an anorexic whore who keeps kicking him to the curve, and is forever doomed to be a cheap Darkseid ripoff...

Now dont cry lordboo as I know the truth of this hurts...

wink

Happy Dance

Nihilist

Thanos isnt the most versatile character and he definitely isnt invincible; the truth is that he is an overhyped wanna-be badguy who has low self esteem, is in love with an anorexic whore who keeps kicking him to the curve, and is forever doomed to be a cheap Darkseid ripoff...

wink

Happy Dance As i thought, i owned you with 1 simple post, youre h1a8 debating style is laughable child.

Come back when can AT LEAST form a argument.

TheLordofMurder
As i thought, i owned you with 1 simple post, youre h1a8 debating style is laughable child.

Come back when can AT LEAST form a argument.

I have formed an argument; 3 actually...

That purple Thanos wang in your mouth is preventing you from ackowledging it though...

Happy Dance

TheLordofMurder

wink

Happy Dance

thumb up

Nihilist
I have formed an argument; 3 actually...

That purple Thanos wang in your mouth is preventing you from ackowledging it though...

Happy Dance All 3 was piss poor.

Then all you did was have a forum meltdown.

Stick to making Thanos vs someone in the Destroyer armor threads infant.

TheLordofMurder
All 3 were very good and I really have no counterargument against them.

Then all you did was own me on the forum.

Stick to making Thanos spite threads; you seem to be very good at it.

There...fixed it for you!

laughing out loud

Happy Dance

TheLordofMurder
I can think of 2 right off the bat (3 if they fought in a favorable environment) that are under Trans and should be able to defeat Thanos based off of what is possible given their powerset...

The Silver Surfer should be able to defeat Thanos every single time if he doent fall to comicbook stupidity and fight like a senile ape...

With creative use of his powerset, he could defeat Thanos many different ways without Thanos being able to do anything about it...much less fight back.

Nimrod has a powerset that would allow him to defeat most enemies (Thanos included) under Trans based on the fact that he can adapt to virtually any attack, reconstruct from powder, and scan an opponent for weaknesses and come up with a lethal solution for fealing with said foe...

Nimrod should be able to eventually defeat Thanos sans comicbook stupidity, CIS, and PIS...

Cyborg Superman could defeat Thanos every single time as well...but only if they fought in an environment that is very favorable to Henshaw.

Galactus's homeworld or the surface of planet Cybertron are two of several environments that Thanos would lose against Henshaw every single time if they fought upon them...

thumb up

Nihilist
Yup another mini meltdown and the same weak argument, dont worry keep at it and maybe 1 day you may just get the hang of how things work.

TheLordofMurder

thumb up

Nihilist
Yup another mini meltdown and the same weak argument, dont worry keep at it and maybe 1 day you may just get the hang of how things work.

NemeBro
Anyone who gives a thumbs up to their own post is automatically a faggotron who should go away, IMHO.

DarkSaint85
Lobo.

She-Hulk.

zopzop
Putting aside the insanity, nothing under Trans (that I'm aware of) is doing anything to a being that's gone up against Odin, Tyrant, and Maker (among others) and lived to talk about it.

We've seen him own herald level beings so many times, it's boring now. The writers make it perfectly clear Thanos >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Herald levelers. No one has to like it, it's just the way it is. There's nothing Surfer can do vs Thanos that matters enough for Surfer to win. At best herald levelers can pester him and some with sufficiently powerful attacks *cough Godblast cough* can stagger him (if he's stupid enough to just stand there while Thor winds up and fires off his attack), but that's all your gonna get.

DarkSaint85
Putting aside the insanity, nothing under Trans (that I'm aware of) is doing anything to a being that's gone up against Odin, Tyrant, and Maker (among others) and lived to talk about it.

We've seen him own herald level beings so many times, it's boring now. The writers make it perfectly clear Thanos >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Herald levelers. No one has to like it, it's just the way it is. There's nothing Surfer can do vs Thanos that matters enough for Surfer to win. At best herald levelers can pester him and some with sufficiently powerful attacks *cough Godblast cough* can stagger him (if he's stupid enough to just stand there while Thor winds up and fires off his attack), but that's all your gonna get.

There are other ways to beat him....

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by NemeBro
Anyone who gives a thumbs up to their own post is automatically a faggotron who should go away, IMHO.

You can go to hell since thats where youa re destined to end up anyway...

TheLordofMurder

Comicbook stupidity aside, do you honestly think that the Surfer does not have the "tools" to defeat Thanos if he uses his powers creatively and makes use of his speed and flight superiority?

NemeBro
You can go to hell since thats where youa re destined to end up anyway... *you're

Also, an apostrophe should be between the "t" and the "s" in "that's" (See? Like so). smile

DarkSaint85
Actually, add Animal Man to that list.

abhilegend
This thread is certainly amusing.

TheLordofMurder
*you're

Also, an apostrophe should be between the "t" and the "s" in "that's" (See? Like so). smile

How do those flames roasting the flesh off of your bones feel?

DarkSaint85
Would/could Howard the Duck do it? Not sure of his 4th wall combat feats. I've never seen the Joker using it, nor Deadpool really, so have discounted them....

This is certainly fun - I'm assuming everyone is agreeing with me, and have moved on to flaming each other lol.

abhilegend
That was really unnecessary.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by abhilegend
That was really unnecessary.

Was Little Nemo's initial post directed at me necessary?

TheLordofMurder
Add Thor to the list of people who can defeat Thanos...

Thor one-shot-kills the Mad Titan the same way he destroyed Loki...with Soul Suck!

Happy Dance

NemeBro
Was Little Nemo's initial post directed at me necessary? Absolutely.

zopzop
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Like? It won't be TP or anything mind related. It won't be sheer physical power or energy attacks. It won't even be matter manip/reality warping (see Thanos Quest - Part I).

Comicbook stupidity aside, do you honestly think that the Surfer does not have the "tools" to defeat Thanos if he uses his powers creatively and makes use of his speed and flight superiority?
Honestly? No. Just look at the horrendous punishment he took at the hands of Odin, Tyrant, and Maker. No Herald level beings are pumping out that level of power. Even the absolute best Herald level DPS, the Godblast, needs time to wind up and fire off. Even assuming it could maim or even kill Thanos, sans shields and whatnot, he could just tp out the way.

NemeBro
You know, Thanos without comic book shenanigans forcing most fights to be a brawlfest is no joke either. People forget that he has some amount of matter manipulation and pretty potent telepathy, as well as good technology he can use without prep.

So... In a fight with ubernonCISThanos, Silver Surfer is dealing with constant probes and attacks on his mind, Thanos's own matter manipulation, tech like Force Blocks, as well as his dominating physical ability and his incredible output of energy.

abhilegend
Was Little Nemo's initial post directed at me necessary?
No, but you crossed the line.

DarkSaint85
Like? It won't be TP or anything mind related. It won't be sheer physical power or energy attacks. It won't even be matter manip/reality warping (see Thanos Quest - Part I).

Honestly? No. Just look at the horrendous punishment he took at the hands of Odin, Tyrant, and Maker. No Herald level beings are pumping out that level of power. Even the absolute best Herald level DPS, the Godblast, needs time to wind up and fire off. Even assuming it could maim or even kill Thanos, sans shields and whatnot, he could just tp out the way.

4th wall breakage. She Hulk has stepped out of the panel, then tore the comic up, defeating her opponent. She's burnt the comic. Animal Man shrank the comic box around his opponent.

All occurrences have occurred in canon, 616 (or main DC) realities. Sometimes more than once. Buddy is a bit iffy though, will need to check.

NemeBro
No, but you crossed the line. You're more offended by it than I am, lol.

abhilegend
You're more offended by it than I am, lol.
I don't like shit talking unless I'm the one who's doing it.sneer

DarkSaint85
What, talking shit? Lol

TheLordofMurder

Given Surfers excellent feats of matter manipulation, do you believe its beyond the Surfers ability to trigger a fusion reaction (and given that he can cause matter to collapse into sigularities, causing a fusion reaction should be trivial) inside of Thanos's body between his matter and the foreign substances inside his body?

Without PIS being a factor, do you really think Thanos could withstand something like that?

Lets take it a step worse; what if Surfer transmutes a portion of the foreign substances inside Thanos's body into anti-matter (and again, anti-matter can be created a lab with current technology, so this should be trivial to the Surfer as well)...without PIS being a factor (and its off by default in a forum fight), how does Thanos withstand something like that?

See, comicbook stupidity trains you to think of almost all assaults as either a direct energy blast, a punch, kick, or a telepathic attack; Surfer can attack with far more devastating effect without doing any of these...

And the Surfer could potentially attack in this fashion at a very safe distance from Thanos....

Again, without comicbook stupidity forcing the Surfer to fight in ways that are far from optimal for him (given his extremely versatile powerset) the Surfer has every tool needed to put Thanos down...

He just needs a writer to not make him fight like a total idiot when he runs into Thanos...

DarkSaint85
Given Surfers excellent feats of matter manipulation, do you believe its beyond the Surfers ability to trigger a fusion reaction inside of Thanos's body between his matter and the foreign substances inside his body?

Without PIS being a factor, do you really think Thanos could withstand something like that?

Lets take it a step worse; what if Surfer transmutes a portion of the foreign substances inside Thanos's body into anti-matter...without PIS being a factor (and its off by default in a forum fight), how does Thanos withstand something like that?

See, comicbook stupidity trains you to think of almost all assaults as either a direct energy blast, a punch, kick, or a telepathic attack; Surfer can attack with far more devastating effect without doing any of these...

And the Surfer could potentially attack in this fashion at a very safe distance from Thanos....

Again, without comicbook stupidity forcing the Surfer to fight in ways that are far from optimal for him (given his extremely versatile powerset) the Surfer has ever tool needed to put Thanos down...

He just needs a writer to not make him fight like a total idiot when he runs into Thanos...

Problem was, didn't Drax use precisely that attack, i.e. an antimatter mine or some such, and all it did was put him down temporarily? That's the issue here. Yes, there are all sorts of attacks we could throw at him, but the end result would be the same, and he has healed from worse. You need to use an effect that he won't be able to come back from.

Like:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/82/fightoverman3ed8.jpg/

TheLordofMurder
Problem was, didn't Drax use precisely that attack, i.e. an antimatter mine or some such, and all it did was put him down temporarily? That's the issue here. Yes, there are all sorts of attacks we could throw at him, but the end result would be the same, and he has healed from worse. You need to use an effect that he won't be able to come back from.

Like:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/82/fightoverman3ed8.jpg/

Putting him down temporarily is all the Surfer needs here to secure a win...

zopzop
Given Surfers excellent feats of matter manipulation, do you believe its beyond the Surfers ability to trigger a fusion reaction (and given that he can cause matter to collapse into sigularities, causing a fusion reaction should be trivial) inside of Thanos's body between his matter and the foreign substances inside his body?

Lets take it a step worse; what if Surfer transmutes a portion of the foreign substances inside Thanos's body into anti-matter (and again, anti-matter can be created a lab with current technology, so this should be trivial to the Surfer as well)...without PIS being a factor (and its off by default in a forum fight), how does Thanos withstand something like that?

Again, without comicbook stupidity forcing the Surfer to fight in ways that are far from optimal for him (given his extremely versatile powerset) the Surfer has every tool needed to put Thanos down...

But somethings are so ingrained into comic "reality" that they cant' be dismissed as PIS and is considered the norm.

How else do you explain my previous example of beings casually surviving stellar core temperature and pressure (I see you Gladiator) but being KOed or even hampered by storms or lightening (I'm looking at you Thor)?

Fact is, black holes, anti-matter, stellar core pressure and temps, and even absolute zero are meaningless measures of durability (in comics). I'm more impressed when character X can walk away unfazed by Wolverine's claws or a Mjolnir strike than if they can survive a black hole or anti-matter created inside their body.

zopzop
Putting him down temporarily is all the Surfer needs here to secure a win...

He can't even do that. Surfer isn't in Thanos' league at all. Hell, Surfer isn't even in Thor's league (see Blood and Thunder).

abhilegend
He can't even do that. Surfer isn't in Thanos' league at all. Hell, Surfer isn't even in Thor's league (see Blood and Thunder).
One showing from multiple battle doesn't means anything. Surfer is absolutely in thor's class.

Eon Blue

Idiot.

TheLordofMurder
But somethings are so ingrained into comic "reality" that they cant' be dismissed as PIS and is considered the norm.

How else do you explain my previous example of beings casually surviving stellar core temperature and pressure (I see you Gladiator) but being KOed or even hampered by storms or lightening (I'm looking at you Thor)?

Fact is, black holes, anti-matter, stellar core pressure and temps, and even absolute zero are meaningless measures of durability (in comics). I'm more impressed when character X can walk away unfazed by Wolverine's claws or a Mjolnir strike than if they can survive a black hole or anti-matter created inside their body.

Now I feel what you are saying zopzop, and I actually agree..HOWEVER...Thanos has shown vulnerability to anti-matter.

So why cant Surfer effectively use anti-matter against Thanos?

The answer is that he absolutely can sans PIS and comicbook stupidity; the Surfer should be able to transmute the foreign substances in Thanos's body into anti-matter (from a safe distance) and defeat him a perfect 10/10 under the conditions presented in the OP...

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Eon Blue
Idiot.

Roast in the hellfire and brimstone of Hades as well j@ck@ss...

TheLordofMurder
Absolutely.

Well atleast you did respond to your true name...Little Nemo!

laughing out loud

Happy Dance

DarkSaint85
We ignoring 4th wall attacks? :-p

DarkSaint85
I wonder...could Deadman possess him?

Ovoid mind-swap from Doom?

Wonder Woman and her lasso?

Could Carnage possess him?

Sin I AM
I wonder...could Deadman possess him?

Ovoid mind-swap from Doom?

Wonder Woman and her lasso?

Could Carnage possess him?

i believe deadman could, ive never seen anyone negate his possession but i could e wrong.

I also think wonder woman in full battle gear could do it

not sure, but a symbiote did bond with a gr

imo zoom could but im not sure if he's considered trans

DarkSaint85
i believe deadman could, ive never seen anyone negate his possession but i could e wrong.

I also think wonder woman in full battle gear could do it

not sure, but a symbiote did bond with a gr

imo zoom could but im not sure if he's considered trans

The Carnage symbiote also possessed Silver Surfer, so I don't see it outside the realms of possibility...

Uriel005

That's why I say feats (including displays of power) are only good for Respect threads, but in the VS forum fights matter. Going by fights, Thanos wrecks Surfer 1000000000000000/10. going by that superman wrecks Thanos 10000000000000/1

KuRuPT Thanosi
Now I feel what you are saying zopzop, and I actually agree..HOWEVER...Thanos has shown vulnerability to anti-matter.

So why cant Surfer effectively use anti-matter against Thanos?

The answer is that he absolutely can sans PIS and comicbook stupidity; the Surfer should be able to transmute the foreign substances in Thanos's body into anti-matter (from a safe distance) and defeat him a perfect 10/10 under the conditions presented in the OP...

I see Murder posting in this thread is doing is LordofBlunder routine....Let's be clear.. How marvel views Surfer vs. Thanos is way.. way.. more important than how you view them. Marvel and its writers have made it clear that Thanos is so far above Surfer... that he's really like an insect to him. Please don't tell me you believe your views are superior to Marvel's and anybody should take your views over canon marvel material.. Guess what it's not. The facts are these... Thanos can beat Surfer pretty much any way he wants to and with ease... In order for surfer to win 1 fight out of 50... he has to fight the perfect fight and thanos fight like a moron. No amount of bsing changes that fact.

Bouboumaster
Nobody under trans can beat Thanos bare Drax, for obvious reasons... It's the only one. After that, you got to look at the heavy hitters, like Odin, Zeus, Zuras, etc.

zopzop
Originally posted by Uriel005
going by that superman wrecks Thanos 10000000000000/1

How so?

DarkSaint85
We already have a list up......none of which are trans, or Drax....

Brockalizer

Fact is, black holes, anti-matter, stellar core pressure and temps, and even absolute zero are meaningless measures of durability (in comics). I'm more impressed when character X can walk away unfazed by Wolverine's claws or a Mjolnir strike than if they can survive a black hole or anti-matter created inside their body. thumb up

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Nobody under trans can beat Thanos bare Drax, for obvious reasons... It's the only one. After that, you got to look at the heavy hitters, like Odin, Zeus, Zuras, etc.

adam warlock can....and imo a cis/pis-less strange can.

zopzop
We already have a list up......none of which are trans, or Drax....

4th wall examples are fail. Drax is Thanos kryptonite, but yes he counts.

So far we only have Drax.

DarkSaint85
Why are 4th wall examples fail? I'm still mystified about this.....

I mean, its canon (happens in 616/mainstream DC continuity)

Didn't happen in a crossover

Its repeatable (so it didn't just happen once)

Plus, I DID suggest non-4th wall examples.....

zopzop
Why are 4th wall examples fail? I'm still mystified about this.....

I mean, its canon (happens in 616/mainstream DC continuity)

Didn't happen in a crossover

Its repeatable (so it didn't just happen once)

Plus, I DID suggest non-4th wall examples.....

F A I L.

But in all seriousness, only Drax makes sense (because he's done it on panel before).

DarkSaint85
Why is it fail?

zopzop
Why is it fail?

Because going by that "logic" She Hulk can beat the LT or any other abstract+ level being.

DarkSaint85
Because going by that "logic" She Hulk can beat the LT or any other abstract+ level being.

Then turn it off.

How is it different from having Pixie vs Savage Hulk, and me just jumping in and saying Pixie wins via BFR?

Or Lobo winning via blood clones?

Or Wally winning via speed force BFR?

Its an ability that the characters have, and if you don't want it in a thread, then say at the beginning (if you're the OP). Otherwise, you can't really nerf characters and place your own stipulations.

Nihilist
adam warlock can....and imo a cis/pis-less strange can. Warlock cant take Thanos thats why Thanos killed him when they fought.

laughing out loud at LOM using the antimatter bomb as proof, Thanos was still weak at that point in the story.

zopzop
Then turn it off.

How is it different from having Pixie vs Savage Hulk, and me just jumping in and saying Pixie wins via BFR?

Its an ability that the characters have, and if you don't want it in a thread, then say at the beginning (if you're the OP). Otherwise, you can't really nerf characters and place your own stipulations.

Ok so according to DarkSaint85, She-Hulk > Scathan, Protege, the LT, Chaos King, Death/Eternity/Oblivion/Infinity, etc...

Got it. sick

DarkSaint85
Ok so according to DarkSaint85, She-Hulk > Scathan, Protege, the LT, Chaos King, Death/Eternity/Oblivion/Infinity, etc...

Got it. sick

Actually, Squirrel Girl is > Scathan, Protege, the LT, Chaos King, Death/Eternity/Oblivion/Infinity, etc...

We go by what happens on panel, no?

Or do we apply our own logic of what we want to happen?

abhilegend

Got it. sick
Marquis of Death comes to mind.

zopzop
Actually, Squirrel Girl is > Scathan, Protege, the LT, Chaos King, Death/Eternity/Oblivion/Infinity, etc...

We go by what happens on panel, no?

Or do we apply our own logic of what we want to happen?

Squirrel Girl ran with her tail between her legs when the Revengers assaulted the New Avengers mansion in Central Park. Color me unimpressed.

abhilegend
Squirrel Girl ran with her tail between her legs when the Revengers assaulted the New Avengers mansion in Central Park. Color me unimpressed.
PIS.

DarkSaint85

And yet....defeated Thanos.......

stick out tongue

Sin I AM
Warlock cant take Thanos thats why Thanos killed him when they fought.

laughing out loud at LOM using the antimatter bomb as proof, Thanos was still weak at that point in the story.

im talking bout AW with the gem

Nihilist
im talking bout AW with the gem He had the gem when Thanos killed him.

TheLordofMurder
4th wall examples are fail. Drax is Thanos kryptonite, but yes he counts.

So far we only have Drax.

So Henshaw couldnt beat Thanos on Galactus's Worldship or on the surface of planet Cybertron?

KuRuPT Thanosi
Stop being blunderous LOM.... I swear in Thanos threads you just make a fool of yourself

KuRuPT Thanosi
Then turn it off.

This logic is just plain terrible... Going by that logic she-hulk would defeat the LT or any abstract all at the same time... Which is EXACTLY why we don't use 4th wall garbage.. and call it just that as a nickname... GARBAGE.

DarkSaint85
Wait so we don't use it. .....because you don't like it?

Sounds like a fan boy.. ....

zopzop
So Henshaw couldnt beat Thanos on Galactus's Worldship or on the surface of planet Cybertron?

Assuming Henshaw could even hack into Galactus' worldship, Thanos would indeed be in trouble. But luckily he's not without his own resources.

Planet Cybertron, is of no consequence to Thanos, he'd just destroy it, like the time Thanos/Drax destroyed a planet as a byproduct of them throwing down.

KuRuPT Thanosi
cause I.. I...don't like it? you mean the majority of the forum? In fights like deadpool vs. Iron Fist... NOBODY.. comes in and goes well deadpool could pull his 4th wall GARBAGE out and win with ease? EVEN WHEN IT"S NOT STIPULATED TO BE OUT. Wanna know why? Cause anybody with half a brain knows that kinda stuff has no place in a vs. forum. Why should it? Why even bother arguing with OR for any character that has done that if it's on by default? You shouldn't because it's a none fight. That is why it's OFF BY DEFAULT and NOT INCLUDED BY DEFAULT FOR OBVIOUS REASONS. What I do find funny... is the ONLY charcters picked to defeat Thanos require DESPERATE reaching and prove next to nothing. Do you think any Thanos fan in bothered saying he losses to She-hulk if she goes 4th wall? ARe you serious? When by your logic she would defeat the LT and ALL abstracts with ease... so why on God's green earth would anybody, let alone a Thanos fan, be upset about somebody's desperate reaching cause they can't come up with anybody better.

zopzop
Wait so we don't use it. .....because you don't like it?

Sounds like a fan boy.. ....

Has nothing to do with being a fanboy. If we assume 4th wall breaking is legit and not some joke by the writers, then She-Hulk > than the Lt and all other abstracts+.

If that were the case she wouldn't have her ass handed to her by beings that are nowhere near Skyfahter (let alone the LT) in power.

NemeBro
I have to wonder if any of you are literate.

DarkSaint's examples were of relatively infrequently used but established abilities of characters, not of She Hulk breaking the fourth wall.

Dumbasses.

KuRuPT Thanosi
That made no sense

NemeBro
You are asserting that DarkSaint believes She Hulk can beat the Living Tribunal because she used to break the fourth wall a lot (Something he never said), yet what I said made no sense?

lilshogun
The only way Surfer can give Thanos some nasty competion is for him to change his attitude. Do you recall when Silver Surfer was talking to his dark conscience. It told Norrin that with his power set, he can become a god. So I was thinking what if Surfer was evil and has teh same goals similar to Thanos. Originally posted by Sin I AM
Not your typical thread but I was having a discussion with a friend about this earlier and i think it could be answered here. Her argument was that Silver Surfer should be able to neutralize him given his powerset and abilities but is consistently made his b1tch.

What character under trans could effectively neutralize Thanos?

No outside help, no prep, fighting to the ABSOLUTE BEST of his/her abilities on a random encounter.

Who if anyone can put him down the Titan ???
Who can get 5/10?

KuRuPT Thanosi
My problems are two fold...

1. His assertion that 4th wall garbage is always on and viewed as a legit tactic on this forum. He has reinforced his belief that it's always on by default, which is actually the opposite of how people view it.

2. IF he believe it's always on and even cited it as an example to defeat thanos... then we must draw a few conclusions from that... First, since she-hulk could never defeat Thanos other than 4th wall and has been defeated by less than Thanos level power... He must clearly believe in said tactis as legit. Since he views it as legit.. why wouldn't you take the next logical steps and say.. well if she could defeat Thanos using said technique.. she could also defeat Galactus using said technique.... and thus illustrate the stupidity of that line of thinking.

I'm honestly unclear how ANY of the above wasn't crystal clear.. especially since he affirmed his beliefs that it's a legit tactic to use and is on by default in all forum fights.

zopzop

4th wall breakage. She Hulk has stepped out of the panel, then tore the comic up, defeating her opponent. She's burnt the comic. Animal Man shrank the comic box around his opponent.

All occurrences have occurred in canon, 616 (or main DC) realities. Sometimes more than once. Buddy is a bit iffy though, will need to check.

Would/could Howard the Duck do it? Not sure of his 4th wall combat feats. I've never seen the Joker using it, nor Deadpool really, so have discounted them....

This is certainly fun - I'm assuming everyone is agreeing with me, and have moved on to flaming each other lol.
We ignoring 4th wall attacks? :-p

I have to wonder if any of you are literate.

DarkSaint's examples were of relatively infrequently used but established abilities of characters, not of She Hulk breaking the fourth wall.

Dumbasses.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Reading comprehension is lacking sometimes on here

Sin I AM
He had the gem when Thanos killed him.

did u read the op

Nihilist
did u read the op Yeah, and Warlock cant do it.

Mindset
Amazo.

NemeBro
Lol, it appears I was mistaken. I am sorry for insulting you two.

Carry on.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
My problems are two fold...

1. His assertion that 4th wall garbage is always on and viewed as a legit tactic on this forum. He has reinforced his belief that it's always on by default, which is actually the opposite of how people view it.

2. IF he believe it's always on and even cited it as an example to defeat thanos... then we must draw a few conclusions from that... First, since she-hulk could never defeat Thanos other than 4th wall and has been defeated by less than Thanos level power... He must clearly believe in said tactis as legit. Since he views it as legit.. why wouldn't you take the next logical steps and say.. well if she could defeat Thanos using said technique.. she could also defeat Galactus using said technique.... and thus illustrate the stupidity of that line of thinking.

I'm honestly unclear how ANY of the above wasn't crystal clear.. especially since he affirmed his beliefs that it's a legit tactic to use and is on by default in all forum fights.

First off, thanks NemeBro for attempting to defend me, but yes, I WAS (semi) seriously attempting to argue that my original group (my secondary group didn't use 4th wall attacks, incidentally - Deadman, Doom, Carnage and Wonder Woman) would win by using 4th wall breakage.

Why? Well, OP wanted someone who could take the majority against Thanos. Thanos has been deemed unkillable by Death. So you need a higher authority than Death, and yet is under Trans, who could do it.

See the problem here?

If anything, I am ACKNOWLEDGING that Thanos is all-powerful. And so pulled those characters out (She-Hulk, Lobo, Animal Man) who have used 4th wall breakage in an offensive capacity. Using Deadpool vs Iron Fist, btw, was not a good example as Deadpool doesn't normally use it in an offensive capacity.....

I still fail to see how it is a stupid line of thinking - hell, She-Hulk even has it as an ability in her Marvel Handbook!! Granted, its a handbook, but the higher-ups in Marvel have deemed it sufficiently in continuity to have it there.

Yes, if we follow that logic, she beats Galactus. Again, how is that any different to any of the other leaps of logic I have seen on this forum? Also, if anything, I am so far the only one in this thread (apart from Sin I Am) who has actually attempted to answer the OP. Are my characters under trans? Check. Do they get the majority against Thanos? Check. Chew on that awhile.....

As for me taking a humorous approach to these comics....let's take a step back and look at what it is we are arguing!

abhilegend
PC superman. wink

Mshinu
Batman by batkick
Reed Richards by pulling an anti-Thanos-frequenzy-generator out of his butt
Classic Rulk with LoebForce
Possibly Lobo, logic be fragged
He-Man

zopzop
Lunatic abilities aside, the ONLY person I can think of, aside from Drax, would be Aquarian.

Remember the OP said "neutralize" and if there's one thing Aquarian does best is neutralizing any and all (except magic?) energy that enters his null field.

This guy has shut off the freaking Quantum Bands (and these things tap into the Quantum Zone, the realm where ALL POTENTIAL ENERGY IN THE MARVEL UNIVERSE IS STORED) and he freaking shut down Nth Man, forcing him to collapse in on himself and fall into another universe (for those of you who don't know who Nth Man is, he devours UNIVERSES for a living, was stated he ate 7-8 of them by the time he got to the Squadron Supreme's universe).

Aquarian could go into the fight with his null field extended at max range, if Thanos gets stuck in there, that's that. Even gravity is nullified, he just be stranded there, floating in place.

DarkSaint85
Could Carnage possess him like he did Silver Surfer?

How about Deadman, in your opinion?

WW with her lasso?

Ovoid mind swap from Doom?

Incidentally, She-Hulk also knows the mind swap technique....but I'm ignoring her for now lol.

Sin I AM
Lunatic abilities aside, the ONLY person I can think of, aside from Drax, would be Aquarian.

Remember the OP said "neutralize" and if there's one thing Aquarian does best is neutralizing any and all (except magic?) energy that enters his null field.

This guy has shut off the freaking Quantum Bands (and these things tap into the Quantum Zone, the realm where ALL POTENTIAL ENERGY IN THE MARVEL UNIVERSE IS STORED) and he freaking shut down Nth Man, forcing him to collapse in on himself and fall into another universe (for those of you who don't know who Nth Man is, he devours UNIVERSES for a living, was stated he ate 7-8 of them by the time he got to the Squadron Supreme's universe).

Aquarian could go into the fight with his null field extended at max range, if Thanos gets stuck in there, that's that. Even gravity is nullified, he just be stranded there, floating in place.

ive never heard of him, he sounds cool what level is he?

KuRuPT Thanosi
First off, thanks NemeBro for attempting to defend me, but yes, I WAS (semi) seriously attempting to argue that my original group (my secondary group didn't use 4th wall attacks, incidentally - Deadman, Doom, Carnage and Wonder Woman) would win by using 4th wall breakage.

Why? Well, OP wanted someone who could take the majority against Thanos. Thanos has been deemed unkillable by Death. So you need a higher authority than Death, and yet is under Trans, who could do it.

See the problem here?

If anything, I am ACKNOWLEDGING that Thanos is all-powerful. And so pulled those characters out (She-Hulk, Lobo, Animal Man) who have used 4th wall breakage in an offensive capacity. Using Deadpool vs Iron Fist, btw, was not a good example as Deadpool doesn't normally use it in an offensive capacity.....

I still fail to see how it is a stupid line of thinking - hell, She-Hulk even has it as an ability in her Marvel Handbook!! Granted, its a handbook, but the higher-ups in Marvel have deemed it sufficiently in continuity to have it there.

Yes, if we follow that logic, she beats Galactus. Again, how is that any different to any of the other leaps of logic I have seen on this forum? Also, if anything, I am so far the only one in this thread (apart from Sin I Am) who has actually attempted to answer the OP. Are my characters under trans? Check. Do they get the majority against Thanos? Check. Chew on that awhile.....

As for me taking a humorous approach to these comics....let's take a step back and look at what it is we are arguing!

See the problem isn't that you named them actually, that is just desperate reaching more than anything else. The problem is, you actually think it's okay to use 4th wall garbage crap in each and every thread said characters are in. That is the issue for a few reasons...

1. There is a reason, and a given, why most people on here don't say they will do forth wall crap in threads they are in. As I stated before, because then that would end each thread after the first post. When people want to talk about Namor vs. She-Hulk... do you actually think they want she-hulk to use that ability... I mean really? That is why it's off by default for most, and you seem to view it the opposite way.

2. Even with the characters who have done it.. it's still a RARELY used ability, and thus not in character for them to do it. As PR has stated in the past.... if someone does something once in a great while... it's not in character for him to just do that in every fight. Of all of She-Hulks and Deadpool appearances.. .they have done it only a handful of times... That isn't a good percentage and yet another reason why it's not a viable tactic to throw out there each and everytime. Thus they DON'T take a majority from Thanos because they wouldn't do that each and every time... shit they would even do it the majority of the time... so UNCHECK that box.

Lastly, I do agree though with your last line... we are arguing over comic book characters fighting one another. big grin

KuRuPT Thanosi
Glad this was put to rest...

zopzop
ive never heard of him, he sounds cool what level is he?

He's not even herald level IMHO. But his abilities are freakish. He got them from interacting with a Cosmic Cube. The Nth Man fight/feat was stupendous though. This guy DEVOURS UNIVERSES and Aquarian's null field shut his @$$ down!
http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/2159/tio58nthmanexplodes.th.jpg

zopzop
Could Carnage possess him like he did Silver Surfer?

How about Deadman, in your opinion?

WW with her lasso?

Ovoid mind swap from Doom?

Incidentally, She-Hulk also knows the mind swap technique....but I'm ignoring her for now lol.

IMHO I think Thanos could resist the symbiote, Ovoid mind swap, AND Deadman's possession attempts.

WW with her lasso is another story. Has that thing EVER been broken out of? If yes, what lvl of power being did it? That lasso is very dangerous.

DarkSaint85
See the problem isn't that you named them actually, that is just desperate reaching more than anything else. The problem is, you actually think it's okay to use 4th wall garbage crap in each and every thread said characters are in. That is the issue for a few reasons...

1. There is a reason, and a given, why most people on here don't say they will do forth wall crap in threads they are in. As I stated before, because then that would end each thread after the first post. When people want to talk about Namor vs. She-Hulk... do you actually think they want she-hulk to use that ability... I mean really? That is why it's off by default for most, and you seem to view it the opposite way.

2. Even with the characters who have done it.. it's still a RARELY used ability, and thus not in character for them to do it. As PR has stated in the past.... if someone does something once in a great while... it's not in character for him to just do that in every fight. Of all of She-Hulks and Deadpool appearances.. .they have done it only a handful of times... That isn't a good percentage and yet another reason why it's not a viable tactic to throw out there each and everytime. Thus they DON'T take a majority from Thanos because they wouldn't do that each and every time... shit they would even do it the majority of the time... so UNCHECK that box.

Lastly, I do agree though with your last line... we are arguing over comic book characters fighting one another. big grin

Lol, sorry, didn't see this until now :-p

And I don't want to derail Sin's thread, and descend into flaming each other, so we can agree to disagree, for now. There's a time and a place, I guess, and this is not it hehe. BUT, I will say this, and then stop with the OMGZ SHE HULK SOLOES DUR posts lol.

1. I've seen the Hulk vs Mags threads, and a whole load of threads, where people just jump in and post 'BFR', and the thread is effectively over. Same principle applies here, people assume that BFR is always on until the OP says no, otherwise, Superman wins 10/10 against Savage Hulk in a forum fight (and that is another reason why we see so many HtH threads).

2. Aquaman's mind-raping of the White Martian always gets trotted out. And how many times have we seen Wally's IMP in comics? Now compare that to the number of times his fans use it. Also, I believe the '10/10' or '7/10' numbers posters throw out are odds over a single match. So whether its used the majority of the time or not, if an OP asks for a fight to the best of their abilities, over one match, I say its a viable tactic...I'd argue that over She-Hulk's appearances, she has used that ability way more times than Flash has used the fabled IMP, ditto Lobo. Or to use a Marvel example, Cyclops' Get off my lawn attack...

But, like I said, I don't want to derail it - I have done it enough, I think! So we can agree to disagree lol.

Brockalizer

WW with her lasso is another story. Has that thing EVER been broken out of? If yes, what lvl of power being did it? That lasso is very dangerous. Doomsday did in Doomsday Wars.

DarkSaint85
IMHO I think Thanos could resist the symbiote, Ovoid mind swap, AND Deadman's possession attempts.

WW with her lasso is another story. Has that thing EVER been broken out of? If yes, what lvl of power being did it? That lasso is very dangerous.

Any reasons?

As for WW, I know Rama Khan resisted it, when WW refused to believe his truth about the kid - there is potential for Thanos maybe to resist it if he truly believes that what he is doing is right? I don't know, its been a while since I read that arc.

Doomsday whilst possessed by Brainiac resisted it, as WW was commanding Doomsday, not Brainiac at the time who was the dominat personality.

Konvikt? I have not read Trinity, so cannot comment.

Endless Mike
IIRC Mxy lol'd at it and casually broke it in half.

But he's Mxy.

NemeBro
I am pretty sure Kal-L broke out of Wonder Woman's lasso in Infinite Crisis (He was IMHO shown as superior to Superman overall in the comic, but not by a huge amount).

abhilegend
I am pretty sure Kal-L broke out of Wonder Woman's lasso in Infinite Crisis (He was IMHO shown as superior to Superman overall in the comic, but not by a huge amount).
No, he didn't.

NemeBro
No, he didn't. He put his fists inside where it was restraining him, forced the lasso open, and threw it back at her.

He didn't break the lasso, but he broke its hold.

DarkSaint85
He put his fists inside where it was restraining him, forced the lasso open, and threw it back at her.

Did she command him to do anything?

NemeBro
Kal-L doesn't need a magic lasso to tell the truth. estahuh

Man Kal-L was cool.

zopzop
Any reasons?

As for WW, I know Rama Khan resisted it, when WW refused to believe his truth about the kid - there is potential for Thanos maybe to resist it if he truly believes that what he is doing is right? I don't know, its been a while since I read that arc.

Doomsday whilst possessed by Brainiac resisted it, as WW was commanding Doomsday, not Brainiac at the time who was the dominat personality.

Konvikt? I have not read Trinity, so cannot comment.
Regarding the Mind Swaps, Thanos has insane mental defenses though. He's usually the one mindr@ping various people not the other way around stick out tongue Regarding the symbiote, I think Thanos would resist it both physically and mentally (when it's trying to bond with him). See the Thanos Quest issue where he was being assaulted physically and mentally by the various planes of existence he was traveling through on his way to the Nexus of Reality.
He put his fists inside where it was restraining him, forced the lasso open, and threw it back at her.

OMG, that mofo was bad@$$.

abhilegend

Really? I'd have to re-read IC 5.Originally posted by zopzop
Regarding the Mind Swaps, Thanos has insane mental defenses though. He's usually the one mindr@ping various people not the other way around stick out tongue Regarding the symbiote, I think Thanos would resist it both physically and mentally (when it's trying to bond with him). See the Thanos Quest issue where he was being assaulted physically and mentally by the various planes of existence he was traveling through on his way to the Nexus of Reality.

OMG, that mofo was bad@$$.
Yeah, Kal-L was bad@ss. His opening line in Infinite crisis after breaking the wall of paradise dimension was epic "This, this looks like a job for superman".

NemeBro
Does Kal-L have a respect thread?

It might be in there.

And yeah, I checked my own issue before I wrote that, that is indeed what happened.

Man Kal-L was a badass. While Superman gets clocked by Doomsday, Kal-L stops his fist with one hand.

abhilegend
Does Kal-L have a respect thread?

It might be in there.

And yeah, I checked my own issue before I wrote that, that is indeed what happened.

Man Kal-L was a badass. While Superman gets clocked by Doomsday, Kal-L stops his fist with one hand.
I am working on it.

Cogito

I reread it, and my interpretation of that scene was that he Diana loosened it and allowed him to speak on his own (as he said he always speaks the truth anyways -- while under the influence of the lasso), not that he resisted it.

TheLordofMurder
Assuming Henshaw could even hack into Galactus' worldship, Thanos would indeed be in trouble. But luckily he's not without his own resources.

Planet Cybertron, is of no consequence to Thanos, he'd just destroy it, like the time Thanos/Drax destroyed a planet as a byproduct of them throwing down.

Henshaw hacked a portion of the Source; if Korvac was able to hack into Galactus's Worldship, then Henshaw is definitely hacking into it as well...

So yeah, Thanos's "resources" wont do him any good here (Thanos couldnt even bring any tech into this fight); Henshaw spites Thanos on Taa 2...

As pertains Thanos destroying Cybertron, you gotta remember that we use average showings here on the forums; no Herald is a planet buster on average and a significant portion of the Trans Tier (Thanos included) are not planet busters on average...

So no, Thanos is not destroying Cybertron; Thanos gets spited once again by Henshaw if he dares face Hank there...

Henshaw would also spite Thanos in the Matrix; given his incredible powers of technopathy, Henshaw would instantly become a high end reality warper and defeat Thanos a thousand different ways with ease...

So yeah, in the right environment, a Herald outside of Drax...Hank Henshaw...can defeat Thanos every single time.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Blunder... stop blundering your way through Thanos threads. Thanos beats Henshaw and easily

TheLordofMurder
Henshaw hacked a portion of the Source; if Korvac was able to hack into Galactus's Worldship, then Henshaw is definitely hacking into it as well...

So yeah, Thanos's "resources" wont do him any good here (Thanos couldnt even bring any tech into this fight); Henshaw spites Thanos on Taa 2...

As pertains Thanos destroying Cybertron, you gotta remember that we use average showings here on the forums; no Herald is a planet buster on average and a significant portion of the Trans Tier (Thanos included) are not planet busters on average...

So no, Thanos is not destroying Cybertron; Thanos gets spited once again by Henshaw if he dares face Hank there...

Henshaw would also spite Thanos in the Matrix; given his incredible powers of technopathy, Henshaw would instantly become a high end reality warper and defeat Thanos a thousand different ways with ease...

So yeah, in the right environment, a Herald outside of Drax...Hank Henshaw...can defeat Thanos every single time.

thumb up

rotiart
thumb up

You just thumbed up yourself? confused

KuRuPT Thanosi
he does that a lot when he's in LordofBlunder mode.

TheLordofMurder
he does that a lot when he's in LordofBlunder mode.

That doesnt stop me from being right! smile

Especially as pertains the above post pertaining to Henshaw vs Thanos...

TheLordofMurder

100% truth and goodness...

thumb up

Sin I AM
100% truth and goodness...

thumb up

but that technically would be a boost and nolonger classify him as a herald

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.