Little thing about Luke

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Pwned
I had randomly had a thought while playing KoToR the other day (yes, I still play it. Good game)

When I had to select my jedi speciality or whatever, it got me thinking:

Which of the three
(Guardian, Sentinel, Consular) is Luke?

As of NJO, obviously.

In my opinion, he kind of mixes all three, or is even just right out all three, simply because he has the sword skills of master Guardians, and can do such crazy crap with the Force, he is without a doubt the best Consular (Maybe? Roles are getting mixed up, I only play as a Guardian)

Which would theoretically make him a Sentinel, but he doesn't quite fit MY perspective of that at the least.

So what are your thoughts? Guardian, Sentinel, Consular, what?

KingD19
I think Luke is one of those special cases that really transcends the class system. Like Yoda, Vader, Jaden, Starkiller, and EU Revan.

Pwned
In all honesty, I would say Yoda, Starkiller, and Jaden could fit in there.

Yoda would be the half and half (again, I get those 2 mixed up because they don't matter to me stick out tongue)

I'd put Starkiller as a Marauder (because while he is powerful in the force, I don't think he has a very impressive ARRAY of powers shown. TK, Lightning, Grip, Repulse, couple others) and a lot of his ability seems to come from his saber prowess (which is great)
I haven't read the books with Jaden in them, or Revan.

Maybe your right, he may transcend it. But still, I'd like to hear as many peoples opinions on it as I can, simply because I think the discussion could be interesting.

Padawan Obi-Wan
Toda is consular. Luke id not a regular Jedi and does not fit any of them. He uses the lightsaber of the guardian, the pwer of the consulate and the role of a sentinel but also that of Jedi Grandmaster. Plus he is maybe even Gray Jedi ala Jolee Bindo and Juhani.

KingD19
Originally posted by Pwned
In all honesty, I would say Yoda, Starkiller, and Jaden could fit in there.

Yoda would be the half and half (again, I get those 2 mixed up because they don't matter to me stick out tongue)

I'd put Starkiller as a Marauder (because while he is powerful in the force, I don't think he has a very impressive ARRAY of powers shown. TK, Lightning, Grip, Repulse, couple others) and a lot of his ability seems to come from his saber prowess (which is great)
I haven't read the books with Jaden in them, or Revan.

Maybe your right, he may transcend it. But still, I'd like to hear as many peoples opinions on it as I can, simply because I think the discussion could be interesting.

Some of the stuff Yoda demonstrated in the EU puts him beyond those classifications. There's a reason he was Grand Master for so long.

And Starkiller's simple amount of feats and raw force potential put him past that. Dueling Vader and Palpatine and surviving. Controlling the descent of a Star Destroyer, etc..

Jaden and Revan are monsters in the books. Especially Jaden in the Legacy of the Force series.

Padawan Obi-Wan
How is Yoda Guardian or Sentuinel? he used a green lightsaber, was very wise and scholarly and master o the force, he rarely fought or went on missions in peacetime and he had no skill with interrogation. Yoida is Jedi Grandmaster/Consular/Soldier.

Nephthys
I not sure that the PT Jedi Order still uses the Consular/Sentinal/Gaurdian system.

Padawan Obi-Wan
And yet they use the colour classification that was amde by those classes? Erm... duh.

KingD19
Lightsaber color was referenced for the game, but it's usually user preference. Which is why we see Jedi using red, blue, gold, purple, orange, even silver lightsabers.

Padawan Obi-Wan
Those are Grey Jedi or Sith. Mace Windu is exception because Samual L Jackson would not appear in the film unless they let him have his own colour, plus Mace Windu is a very unique Jedi.

Nephthys
Lightsaber color means jack shit in the movies. Qui-Gon has a green lightsaber yet he barely uses the Force at all.

Padawan Obi-Wan
Qui-Gon had great understanding of the living force and had the power to become a ghost. He trains Yoda and Obi-Wan, the two greatest Jedi possibly ever. he also has very good speed and have good insight into the sith when he detected Darth mual. He earned his green lightsdaber.

KingD19
What? No. Sith only use red sabers because they synthesize their own crystals. Jedi go and find theirs, and a lot of the times they find colors they like.

Mara Jade Skywalker(Jedi Master) - Magenta
Nikos Tyriss(Jedi Knight) - Azure
Starkiller(Jedi Knight) - A Rainbow of Colors
Kyle Katarn(Jedi Council Member) - Orange
Adi Gallia(Jedi Council Member) - Crimson/Red
Yareal Poof(Jedi Council Member) - Sapphire
Lowbacca(Jedi Knight/Chewie's nephew) - Gold

Every person on this list has been a Jedi loyal to the Order and not a Grey Jedi. You can check out Wookieepedia if you want a bigger one. Must get tiring be wrong huh?

And Qui-Gon did not train Yoda. Yoda was a Jedi Master before Qui-Gon was even born. And becoming a Force Ghost isn't hard. Yoda did it, Anakin did it, Obi-Wan did it, Mara Jade did it. Almost every jedi that becomes one with the Force when they die can manifest as a Force Ghost.

Padawan Obi-Wan
Erm.. wrong! Yoda trained Qui-Gon when Qui-Gon was a baby, Qui-Gon train Yoda when he is grandmaster of Jedi Order. Huh, I wonder what is better, hmm? Qui-Gon trains Yoda and Obi-Wan how to ebcome a ghost, and it passes down from there, Aanakin does it because he is chosen one.

And Yoda makes a lot of mistakes and bad insights when it comes to the Clone War and the Senate btw, as wlel as the training of younglings, Qui-Gon is true sprititual master of Order. nd he trained Obi-Wan as well who is one of the greatest Jedi ever. Qui-Gon was possibly geratest Jedi ever, and he only ever got beaten by one of the ebst warriors in a young Darth Maul.

KingD19
Teaching someone how to simply open themselves up to the Force so they can become a ghost is not the same as training them.

Padawan Obi-Wan
Well he "trained" him to do it... duh! Yoda provided Qui-Gon with elemntary etaching. Qui-Gon's insights into the living force and his dscoveyr of the ecret to becoming a force ghost he elarned form himself. Yoda did not handle Anakin's training well and his training with Luke was not great either, and won through luck. Where Yoda is Dumbledore Qui-Gon is Severus Snape.

KingD19
Your spelling...is horrible. Just wanted to point that out.

And no, there was no training involved. He simply told him how it was done. Like telling someone how to install a program on a computer. And if Yoda had never trained Qui-Gon, he wouldn't have gone on to become the master jedi that he was. Yoda also didn't train Anakin. Qui-Gon did, then Obi-Wan did. If you want to talk about not handling training well, it's Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan's fault that Anakin fell to the dark side and helped destroy the order.

And Yoda had to train a headstrong Luke who was almost an adult at the time. Which was not easy, and even then he was doing a great job until Luke decided he knew enough.

You're a joke man. A troll under KMC's bridge. But I do have fun shooting you down.

Padawan Obi-Wan
Yoda hismelf refers to it as training, darling. You may not consider it "training" but then you not grandmaster of the Jedi Enclave. Qui-Gon would still have been greta with a different master, his insights were his own and Dooku give him most of his training, without Qui-Gon we would never see Yoda again after his death. Yoda was neither smart enougn nor wise enough to learn it like Qui-Gon. He needed him. Qui-Gon is ten times the Jedi Yoda could ever be, son. And Qui-Gon's training of Anakin was cut short, and Obi-Wan couldn't help Anakin falling in love with Padme and Ian using that against him. Anakin goes to Yoda for advice and Yoda does not deliver well, bro. Nobody said training someone is ever easy, duh. Yoda still did veyr poor job.

Ah poor KingD19... may you be with the Force indeed. Maybe the Force can repair your very bad case of eye blindness like it did for Kreia.

BTW, your username... is just terrible. It sounda bad and it looks bad and it has no revelance to this forum. not to mention you have made over 20 threads and at least 15 of them have less than 13 posts... clearly nobody cares about what you have to say, bro.

Dr McBeefington
I love foreign trolls

Padawan Obi-Wan
I may be "forei"gn but I still kick you ass in real life bro.

KingD19
Hahah, he actually checked my thread count. Someones reaching.

And a lot of that is wrong, but that's to be expected by now I suppose.

Padawan Obi-Wan
Still talking? Ha. May you be with the force, son. Who knows maybe someone will reply to your thread in the anime forum about Fairy Tail one day, but that day is not today, son.

KingD19
You mean the Fairy Tail thread with 13 pages and almost 300 replies? The most recent one being just earlier today?

You fail, yet again, Troll King.

Padawan Obi-Wan
This one:http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=527443

ah poor King his thread has zero replies and less than 500 views...

KingD19
Okay? And?

Padawan Obi-Wan
"If the battle gets too one sided, Natsu gets Flame of Rebuke/Dragon Force."

I guessthis was never o be determiend... big grin Haha!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.