Sniper Elite v2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

KingD19
Sniper Elite v2 is a next gen revamp of the 2005 Xbox multiplatform, Sniper Elite.

It's a tactical shooter in which you take the role of Karl Fairburne, an OSS sniper deployed into Berlin in 1945 during the final stages of WW2.

Sniping is in 1st person, while everything else is 3rd person.

The games emphasis is on sniping obviously and at the realistic level it takes several real life factors into account. Bullet drop, windage/wind direction, and heart rate. You can also tag enemies, set up traps like tripwires and land mines and time your shot with environmental noises like lightning strikes to mask your shot. You even get a nifty x-ray cam for vital shots like headshots and organ shots.

And if you pre-order, you get a bonus mission where you can shoot Hitler in the face.

General G
WGzyKHl7Geo

EDIT: Really? An American sniper? They couldn't just let you play as a Sovet or Polish sniper?

RE: Blaxican
Only Americans can be heroes.

Smasandian
The first game was kind of good.

The sniping aspect was awesome but it wasn't a well developed game. A lot of annoying aspects.

But well worth the $3 I paid for it on Steam. The sniping was pretty damn fun.

KingD19
Well this ones essentially a revamp on next gen systems. So hopefully it's not just better graphics, but gameplay, story, etc...

Kazenji
Its bullshit with the x-ray kills for this game

its okay for us in Australia to play this game and not Mortal Kombat erm

KingD19
X-Ray kills are so crazy detailed. They show the bullet shredding the insides, deforming, bouncing around if it hits a gun or helmet.

If you're lucky, you can get a "2 for 1" and the deformed bullet keeps going through one soldier and hits another.

Stealth Moose
Interesting, but part of the trouble with the first game is the ridiculousness that takes place starting at the bunker level. Suddenly, sniping is impossible because the whole army is shooting at you.

Smasandian
That's basically what I felt from the previous game.

Intriguing premise that was executed fairly well (sniping people was actually fun and one the only games where I felt like a sniper) but the rest of the game was poorly executed. (The sneaking and such)

Kazenji
Originally posted by Smasandian

But well worth the $3 I paid for it on Steam. The sniping was pretty damn fun.

Ended up getting that yesterday

24 hours to go for that one whoever else is on Steam.

KingD19
The demo's on xbl marketplace and I'm assuming Playstation Network. Give it a try on the elite difficulty. Gauging windage and bullet drop is a challenge, but it makes an x-ray head shot so satisfying.

Cathleen81
you get a bonus mission where you can shoot Hitler in the face.http://www.infoocean.info/avatar4.jpg

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.