Deaths Head vs Circuit Breaker

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
It's the UK ringer made for Transformers stories but not owned by Hasbro, vs the US ringer made for Transformers stories but not owned by Hasbro.

Who wins?

Digi
Is this Transformers versions? I don't know anything about CB, but the answer makes a big difference for DH.

cdtm
Originally posted by Digi
Is this Transformers versions? I don't know anything about CB, but the answer makes a big difference for DH.

Yes, Transformers versions.

Circuit Breaker is a girl that was paralyzed by Shockwave, and invented circuits that wrap around her body and restore function.. And also have the added benefit of giving her super powers! big grin

Basically, she became a living power battery that uses juice from the very beings she wants to destroy.

Some of her feats include:

Flight.

Being able to fire energy attacks more than powerful enough to cripple your average Transformer, or outright destroy them if she chooses.. She's knocked out Shockwave with her most powerful attack, and stunned Superion by emptying all of her energy into his head, making him an easy target for Menasaur. She was also putting a hurting on Scorpnok, using less than her best attacks, until she noticed Shockwave and opened up on him instead.

Her powers also shield her from attacks, like Shockwaves arm gun that she shrugged off, and she's taken blows from cars being thrown at her and such.. She does get hurt from more powerful attacks, but it's usually nothing serious unless she's drained off too much of her energy reserves.

She can do other things with her powers too, like take deactivated Transformer bodies and turn them into her own personal gestalt. Basically, she can manipulate machines like Cyborg Superman could, but without being able to possess them.

Her biggest, most insane feat is probably hurting Unicron for a few seconds, making him cry out in pain.

Her main weakness is that her most powerful attacks drain her. But it doesn't usually matter, because anything hit with her best is usually toast...

cdtm
She'd make one hell of an Iron Man villain, imo.

I wish they'd do something with her.. They did go to the trouble of making sure they had ownership of her, and not Hasbro.

Digi
Originally posted by cdtm
Her biggest, most insane feat is probably hurting Unicron for a few seconds, making him cry out in pain.

Well, ignoring the batty astral attack DH once made on Unicron, this right here makes me think she'd womp the hell out of DH. Unicron is a match for a well-fed Galactus.

Flyattractor
DH can do it if he is smart and preps it.
If not he might,MIGHT be able to get lucky and trick her on the fly.

cdtm
Bump.

Figures, I already did this and forgot about it.

Ok, ignore the other post, any fresh opinions?

Flyattractor
Death's Head isn't the same kind of "Robot" that the Transformers are. There is Magic in his Origin. That could be his Take the Win Clause.

cdtm
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Death's Head isn't the same kind of "Robot" that the Transformers are. There is Magic in his Origin. That could be his Take the Win Clause.

Unless you consider the Matrix/All Spark magic. wink

I wonder if he even has circuits to fry, though. Galvatron ripped his arm off, and all that came out was some kind of gas. No sparking wires, like would happen to a Transformer.

Flyattractor
Unless you consider the Matrix/All Spark magic. wink

I wonder if he even has circuits to fry, though. Galvatron ripped his arm off, and all that came out was some kind of gas. No sparking wires, like would happen to a Transformer.

At this point. Yeah it kinda IS! And DH.1 got his Head ripped off twice and it didn't kill him. Once by Iron Man 2020 (and He still kicked IM20's Ass Royally) and once by Superior Spider-Man. And DH was created by a TechnoMage via His origin in "The Body In Question" so I do hold DH as having Magic Capabilities.

Digi
At this point. Yeah it kinda IS! And DH.1 got his Head ripped off twice and it didn't kill him. Once by Iron Man 2020 (and He still kicked IM20's Ass Royally) and once by Superior Spider-Man. And DH was created by a TechnoMage via His origin in "The Body In Question" so I do hold DH as having Magic Capabilities.

What has he done that was magical though? A robot living through decapitation isn't magic.

"Lol magic" tends not to be a terribly defensible position regardless. DH was a tough dude, somewhere just south of Galvatron at the time, but above most other Transformers. That's a pretty tight window, so I'd argue we know his capabilities and power level quite well, without appeals to the mysterious.

...and despite the size difference, it was the same DH who got wrecked (exactly like a robot would, it should be noted) by Death's Head II. In fact, it was the very fact that he was robotic in origin that allowed him to become the dominant personality in the Death's Head II mind-matrix.

Flyattractor
Didn't say that DH Did Magic. More that Magic was used in His Construction since He was built by a couple of TechnoMages. And the original purpose of DH was to house the Soul/Essence of one of the said Technomages. Which Logic would imply that the Robotic Body would be able to preform magic. That and there is the further proof that when Baron Strucker possesed the body of DH1 He was able to become the Nigh All Powerful Entity know as Charnel. A being who pretty much had the power to Destroy the Marvel U.

So yeah. Magic is kind of there.

Digi
Mm, I'm not convinced. The magic was Charnel's. He inhabited DH for the weaponry, durability, etc., and it explicitly refers to DH as a cybernetic being a couple times. And his feats FAR outstrip DH. So I think it's fair to say that we can't shunt Charnel's nature onto DH.

Again, nothing DH ever did was consistent with anything other than "robot." Pointing to his origin and the word "Mage" isn't enough to trump the (lack of) feats to corroborate.

cdtm
What has he done that was magical though? A robot living through decapitation isn't magic.

"Lol magic" tends not to be a terribly defensible position regardless. DH was a tough dude, somewhere just south of Galvatron at the time, but above most other Transformers. That's a pretty tight window, so I'd argue we know his capabilities and power level quite well, without appeals to the mysterious.

...and despite the size difference, it was the same DH who got wrecked (exactly like a robot would, it should be noted) by Death's Head II. In fact, it was the very fact that he was robotic in origin that allowed him to become the dominant personality in the Death's Head II mind-matrix.

The most telling proof that DH is NOT quite on Galvatrons level:

Rodimus lead him into an ambush, and Deaths Head stood down and renegotiated a contract.

Galvatron would have torn that group apart.

That said, Circuit Breakers kind of a one trick pony.. A very, very powerful trick, but against characters without circuits to manipulate, she loses a lot of her formidibility (We saw this when Spike, as a Circuit Breaker stand in due to copyright issues, failed to harm those Sentinel/Guardian robots (You know, the non sentient war bots in the ark) due to their near impenetrable armor sealing them off. And, the undead Cybertronian zombies were also immune to his powers.)

Flyattractor
Mm, I'm not convinced. The magic was Charnel's. He inhabited DH for the weaponry, durability, etc., and it explicitly refers to DH as a cybernetic being a couple times. And his feats FAR outstrip DH. So I think it's fair to say that we can't shunt Charnel's nature onto DH.

Again, nothing DH ever did was consistent with anything other than "robot." Pointing to his origin and the word "Mage" isn't enough to trump the (lack of) feats to corroborate.

Yet in the What If when Charnal did take Minion's body. He wasn't anywhere Near as Powerful.

Digi
Yet in the What If when Charnal did take Minion's body. He wasn't anywhere Near as Powerful.

What If's are by definition not canon.

/srug

Flyattractor
What If's are by definition not canon.

/srug

As if I give a "/srug" about what people think is or isn't canon.

Those people can go /srug them selves up their least fav holes.

Digi
As if I give a "/srug" about what people think is or isn't canon.

Those people can go /srug them selves up their least fav holes.

It's not about what you care about. It's about what's canonical to the characters in a way that creates the basis for coherent debate.

cdtm
More fake news from the fascist Trumper. thumb down

He'll be among the first to be culled when we liberals seize guns and trim down the global population by 90%.

Flyattractor
More fake news from the fascist Trumper. thumb down

He'll be among the first to be culled when we liberals seize guns and trim down the global population by 90%.

I will just hire Death's Head and Circuit Breaker to Kill You and Destroy your Network.

Cause CANON!!!!!!!!!!

eek!

cdtm
Dude, you need to follow Lost Light.

Or at leaat a few issues back, for one specific scene.

I'll try and post a scan, you'll love it.

Flyattractor
"Lost Light" ????

dat a comic book or some crap?

If so... sounds like some Emo Tweeny Drama Bomb BullShnikey Comic.

Probably Pass on it.

cdtm
"Lost Light" ????

dat a comic book or some crap?

If so... sounds like some Emo Tweeny Drama Bomb BullShnikey Comic.

Probably Pass on it.

It's the Transformers equivilent of Giffen era JLA. So the best JLA comic, making this the best Transformers comic.

Rodimus is essentially Blue and Gold combined (Booster Gold and Blue Beetle.)

The scene I wanted you to see has Rodimus sending his last will and testiment to Earth, and he essentially demands they hire Deaths Head to avenge him.

"And I want him to turn my remains into a gun for his detachible arm! With my color scheme!"

cdtm
Hey hey! They have it on wiki.

James Roberts actually fixed Rodimus and made him likeable.

cdtm
Hey hey! They have it on wiki.

Flyattractor
It's the Transformers equivilent of Giffen era JLA. So the best JLA comic, making this the best Transformers comic.

Rodimus is essentially Blue and Gold combined (Booster Gold and Blue Beetle.)

The scene I wanted you to see has Rodimus sending his last will and testiment to Earth, and he essentially demands they hire Deaths Head to avenge him.

"And I want him to turn my remains into a gun for his detachible arm! With my color scheme!"

It don't have Death's Head in it so its probably still crap.

cdtm
They missed a golden opportunity with the Transformers/Avengers crossover. Could have at least pulled in the S.W.O.R.D. version for a cameo.

Flyattractor
Marvel Comics Main Business Starergy for about 5 years now is to DROP THE BALL!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.