White/Green Martians Vs Skrulls

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prep-Man
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/1/17744/334903-120893-white-martians_large.jpg
http://i937.photobucket.com/albums/ad214/prepman005/gm.jpg

vs

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/2/27967/697357-super_skrull_armies_large.jpg

Cogito
How many Martians? Are we assuming the whole race at the height of their power or just the ones we've seen?

Prep-Man
The whole race.

Cogito
I don't remember an estimate for how many Martians there were, but the Guardians f***ed with them because they considered them a threat to the entire universe.

That's good enough for me.

Uriel005
Originally posted by Cogito
I don't remember an estimate for how many Martians there were, but the Guardians f***ed with them because they considered them a threat to the entire universe.

That's good enough for me. martians are what skrulls wish they were... sans the whole issue with fire.

DarkSaint85
Equal numbers? Depends on the proportion of Super Skrulls.

Otherwise, Skrulls stomp.

abhilegend
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Equal numbers? Depends on the proportion of Super Skrulls.

Otherwise, Skrulls stomp.
Err.........

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by abhilegend
Err.........
What?

Without equal numbers, they would be overwhelmed eventually, right? I mean, Green/White Martians at their height occupied one small-ish planet in our Solar System. And it wasn't like over-crowded or anything, so around...100k Martians? Let's say 500k. I'm pulling numbers out of thin air here, so feel free to correct me.

The Skrull empire (not to mention their gods etc) spanned 978 worlds (granted, I took that from the Marvel Wiki site). That's still a lot of Skrull to mow through. Assume they're around Earth size, that'sa LOT of soldiers, even before you factor in their Super Skrulls and whatnot.

If you had 10 MArtians, and 10 Skrulls, then yes, Martians stomp - unless those 10 Skrulls were of the variety that was seen in MI:3 and the one that went up against Asgard.

Cogito
What?

Without equal numbers, they would be overwhelmed eventually, right? I mean, Green/White Martians at their height occupied one small-ish planet in our Solar System. And it wasn't like over-crowded or anything, so around...100k Martians? Let's say 500k. I'm pulling numbers out of thin air here, so feel free to correct me.

If we're pulling numbers out of thin air...

Mars is slightly more than half the size of Earth. Let's say 1/2 size for ease of numbers.

There are 7 billion people on Earth. To fit on Mars with the same population density, there would be 3.5 billion people.

Let's say the martians are 10 times less populated. There's still 350 million of them.

erm

Estrecca
If it is the Skrull empire vs Mars, since the Martians were a planet-bound civilization, I rather suspect that the Skrulls win through attrition if nothing else, unless the Martians can mass mindrape some Skrulls to even the numbers.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Cogito
If we're pulling numbers out of thin air...

Mars is slightly more than half the size of Earth. Let's say 1/2 size for ease of numbers.

There are 7 billion people on Earth. To fit on Mars with the same population density, there would be 3.5 billion people.

Let's say the martians are 10 times less populated. There's still 350 million of them.

erm

Then multiply that 350 million by 978.......Assuming of course, a similar density (which might not be correct) and a similar size (also not correct ).

At the very least, there would be 978 Skrulls for every Martian.

erm

abhilegend
Then multiply that 350 million by 978.......Assuming of course, a similar density (which might not be correct) and a similar size (also not correct ).

erm
Most of them would be just cannon fodder.

Cogito

erm

Every Martian has planetwide+ TP and they form a giant telepathic network that they're all linked to. They'd mindrape the shit out of the Skrulls while beating them down with vastly greater individual power.

DarkSaint85
Assuming they don't have TPs of their own. Fire is still a weakness, don't forget.

Cogito
Assuming they don't have TPs of their own. Fire is still a weakness, don't forget.

Good question. I have no idea.

DarkSaint85
Not to pile things on, but isn't that mass network precisely how they got wiped out, by Malefic's TP virus?

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by abhilegend
Most of them would be just cannon fodder.

Ok, out of the 978, 20 are Super Skrulls. At least one of whom has fire casting (its a pretty basic PowerSet, after all).

jalek moye
Super skrulls are so inconsistent anyway, never know what tier range a squad will be in. Martians for the Easy win

abhilegend
Xavier alone connected to the entire skrull empire telepathically.Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Ok, out of the 978, 20 are Super Skrulls. At least one of whom has fire casting (its a pretty basic PowerSet, after all).
Martian vision.

DarkSaint85
Seeing as Martian vision has heat, I won't use it in a crowded battlefield....

Greysen93
Martians

Stoic
Skrulls have the numbers advantage, and since Xavier has been fooled by them I can see a lot of underhanded crap going on on both sides of the fence. But like DarkSaint85 said, the Skrull numbers outweigh the Martians, with both sides have equal portions of fodder. Skrull should wins this.

Cogito
Not to pile things on, but isn't that mass network precisely how they got wiped out, by Malefic's TP virus?

Yes, but is that relevant? Not like the Skrulls are going to replicate that in the middle of a fight.

DarkSaint85
True, but like the other thread, considering the numbers involved, its not going to be over in one week....

Parmaniac
Seeing as Martian vision has heat, I won't use it in a crowded battlefield.... It'a a fire weakness not heat and it's more of a phobia than an actual weakness.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Parmaniac
It'a a fire weakness not heat and it's more of a phobia than an actual weakness.

Ah, maybe the White Martians are different then. Because in New World Order, Superman brought Protex underground near the molten core of the Earth (well,at least, near lava) and he was weakening; there were no flames present.

And as for the phobia/weakness thing, Batman with some gasoline and matches took four of them out. Imagine Klr't going nova on them....

Parmaniac
And as for the phobia/weakness thing, Batman with some gasoline and matches took four of them out. Imagine Klr't going nova on them.... The Batman instance kinda proofs that it's just a phobia, I haven't chosen a side here who wins. If the Skrulls are stacked like they were in Secret INvasion without jobbing I see them winning with these numbers. But these 2 things would kinda contradict.

DarkSaint85
Out of interest, what would you class as a phobia/weakness?

Because you could argue that having a phobia of something is a weakness - psychological, yes, but a weakness nonetheless. And since Martians' physiology is tied so closely with their psyche and powers of concentration, a psychological weakness would easily transfer over to become a physical weakness.

Just my two cents.

Parmaniac
A phobia can be overcome (psychological) it's not easy but it's possible, a weakness is something physical you simply have to live with. Or alter your body.

DarkSaint85
Oh dear...when they learn to overcome it, they all become Burning Martians!!!

Parmaniac
Oh dear...when they learn to overcome it, they all become Burning Martians!!!
leSc-H4gOPo

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.