Superman runs hulk gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

keiththegreat
Cis is off for Superman. He's not holding back at all (a la the end of the Doomsday fight.). He also doesn't get to rest between rounds. How far does he get?

1. She Hulk
2. Professor Hulk
3. Savage Hulk
4. World War Hulk
5. Red Hulk (current)
6. Nul Hulk
7. WBH

No BFR

SamZED
Current Rulk should go before WwHulk, hes a pussy.

Cogito
Clears it under these conditions

The Sorrow
Stops at 4.

carver9
Originally posted by The Sorrow
Stops at 4.

quanchi112
Stops at 3.

Cogito
http://b.asset.soup.io/asset/1525/7563_ecd7.gif

Clearly I'm the only one who read the OP

biensalsa
Stops at each one of them, to point and laugh, then He clears it

Greysen93
Stops at 4

carver9
Originally posted by Greysen93
Stops at 4

I like this guy.

Bouboumaster
CIS but no rest?

4 seems good to me too.

quanchi112
Originally posted by biensalsa
Stops at each one of them, to point and laugh, then He clears it That's not in character for Superman.

deathlife
I think he stops at 4.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by quanchi112
That's not in character for Superman. Neither is losing to a Hulk but popular concensus rules.
Happy Dance

quanchi112
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Neither is losing to a Hulk but popular concensus rules.
Happy Dance He'd so lose to the Hulk. Bricks always spell trouble for Superman.

Cogito
Superman's fought wars for a hundred years straight, a thousand years, he tore through Imperiex Probes for I forget how long...

The guy doesn't need rest.

Cogito
He'd so lose to the Hulk. Bricks always spell trouble for Superman.

Since when?

iceman24567
4 or 5 with these stips

carver9
Originally posted by Cogito
Superman's fought wars for a hundred years straight, a thousand years, he tore through Imperiex Probes for I forget how long...

The guy doesn't need rest.

Lol.

abhilegend
He goes intangible and rips out their heart./thread
laughing out loud @WWH stopping a CIS-free superman.

carver9
Originally posted by abhilegend
laughing out loud @WWH stopping a CIS-free superman.

He used the wrong word. Not stopping but DESTROYING Superman.

Lol at ripping their hearts out.

Cogito
Originally posted by carver9
Lol.

I'll concede if you show me a single example of Superman needing rest because he's too tired or injured to continue.

Superman fights 'till he's dead, and he only gets stronger and more determined as he goes.

Flyattractor
He'd so lose to the Hulk. Bricks always spell trouble for Superman. Ony because he dosen't want to shatter them like eggs fighting a alumminum baseball batt. Happy Dance Happy Dance

carver9
I'll concede if you show me a single example of Superman needing rest because he's too tired or injured to continue.

Superman fights 'till he's dead, and he only gets stronger and more determined as he goes.

Depends on the threat. Even if he tires out, he still wont give up because he's Superman but that doesn't take away from his PL dropping "depending on the beating he gets". The same can be said about the Hulks. You would literally have to kill Savage Hulk or use a plot in order to drop him and this isn't using his low showings. WWH fought the entire Marvel Earth and never fatigued and he didn't even have a rest between all of this.

I can't see Superman dropping a fresh WWH let alone anyone else after him.

abhilegend
He used the wrong word. Not stopping but DESTROYING Superman.

Lol at ripping their hearts out.
Lulz.
One IMP is all what it would take. Ripping their heart out is just more convenient and simple.

abhilegend
Depends on the threat. Even if he tires out, he still wont give up because he's Superman but that doesn't take away from his PL dropping "depending on the beating he gets". The same can be said about the Hulks. You would literally have to kill Savage Hulk or use a plot in order to drop him and this isn't using his low showings. WWH fought the entire Marvel Earth and never fatigued and he didn't even have a rest between all of this.

I can't see Superman dropping a fresh WWH let alone anyone else after him.
The angrier he gets, the more sunlight he absorbs.mmm

Cogito
but that doesn't take away from his PL dropping "depending on the beating he gets".

show me a single example of Superman needing rest because he's too tired or injured to continue.

quanchi112
Since when? DD, Konvikt, Subjekt -17, Kalibak and Mantis, etc. Originally posted by Cogito

The guy doesn't need rest. He didn't fight for 1,000 years without any rest. LOL.Originally posted by abhilegend
laughing out loud @WWH stopping a CIS-free superman. WW Hulk would beat a cisless Superman.

Greysen93
I like this guy. Thanks

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by biensalsa
Stops at each one of them, to point and laugh, then He clears it

thumb up

abhilegend
DD, Konvikt, Subjekt -17, Kalibak and Mantis, etc. He didn't fight for 1,000 years without any rest. LOL. WW Hulk would beat a cisless Superman.
Fighting without your internal organs is a little difficult.
kinda

Flyattractor
Fighting without your internal organs is a little difficult.
kinda Unless your the Hulk

Arrgh Hulk no need puny internal organs.

Cogito
DD, Konvikt, Subjekt -17, Kalibak and Mantis, etc.

lol

Superman's fought hundreds of bricks. Just because he has struggled some with the more powerful ones (before ultimately winning, of course) doesn't mean he has a brick weakness.

That's like saying Thor has a weakness to bricks because he gets trounced by Mangog.

Superman usually ends up fighting the team-busting bricks that nobody else can, like Doomsday, or Imperiex probes, or Darkseid when he forgets he has powers and fights as a brick.

PillarofOsiris
With Superman not holding back at all, and CIS off I highly doubt any of these Hulks could even hit Superman before they are killed by 100 reality shattering punches. This thread is laughable.

Cogito
Originally posted by PillarofOsiris
before they are killed by 100 reality shattering punches.

Ok, dial it back a little bit here, buddy.

Greysen93
Ok, dial it back a little bit here, buddy. Yeah, that's going a bit to far.

PillarofOsiris
Ok, dial it back a little bit here, buddy.

Actually I was. Going by the stips from the OP, I'm quite sure he could punch them more than a hundred times with CIS off. Given Superman's speed, I'm sure he could easily land 2,000 punches in one second (not normally of course, but in this scenario with CIS off, I have no trouble believing he could and would). And not holding back, his punches can (and have) shattered reality.

iceman24567
Actually I was. Going by the stips from the OP, I'm quite sure he could punch them more than a hundred times with CIS off. Given Superman's speed, I'm sure he could easily land 2,000 punches in one second (not normally of course, but in this scenario with CIS off, I have no trouble believing he could and would). And not holding back, his punches can (and have) shattered reality. Stop seriously just stop

JakeTheBank
no expression

Greysen93
Actually I was. Going by the stips from the OP, I'm quite sure he could punch them more than a hundred times with CIS off. Given Superman's speed, I'm sure he could easily land 2,000 punches in one second (not normally of course, but in this scenario with CIS off, I have no trouble believing he could and would). And not holding back, his punches can (and have) shattered reality. Yeah...... What the f**k?

iceman24567
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
no expression A facepalm is need asap

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by iceman24567
Stop seriously just stop

CIS off, in my view, is a character using their powers to their fullest potential. That means Superman is using his speed to it's fullest as well as his other powers. A guy who can rebuild a city in seconds (hammering nails, finding building materials, etc.) is more than capable of throwing 2,000 punches in 1 second. Prove me wrong. The Flash could easily throw 10x that many punches in one second.

iceman24567
CIS off, in my view, is a character using their powers to their fullest potential. That means Superman is using his speed to it's fullest as well as his other powers. A guy who can rebuild a city in seconds (hammering nails, finding building materials, etc.) is more than capable of throwing 2,000 punches in 1 second. Prove me wrong. The Flash could easily throw 10x that many punches in one second. Thats not how it works on KMC though obviously you need a kmc refresher course

Cogito
While I don't doubt Superman's ability to punch quickly, he does not have the ability to shatter reality on a whim like that.

Even if he could, a CIS-off Superman would use the full range of his powers to the maximum extent possible. He still would not casually f*** with reality.

PillarofOsiris
While I don't doubt Superman's ability to punch quickly, he does not have the ability to shatter reality on a whim like that.

Even if he could, a CIS-off Superman would use the full range of his powers to the maximum extent possible. He still would not casually f*** with reality.

A guy who has lifted infinite weight on multiple occasions, slowed eternity, fastballed mini-black holes, and shattered time and space with his punches while holding back couldn't do it while not holding back?

Cogito
Let me spell it out.

Superman can not throw 100 reality destroying punches in one second. Even if he could, he wouldn't. That's not how CIS-less works.

PillarofOsiris
How about I back off from that and say "He could punch any of these Hulks with 100 planet-shattering punches before any of them could throw one punch"? There, no mention of shattering reality. And considering a single planet-buster KILLED WBH, none of these Hulks are surviving very long against a non-holding back, CIS-less Superman.

iceman24567
A guy who has lifted infinite weight on multiple occasions, slowed eternity, fastballed mini-black holes, and shattered time and space with his punches while holding back couldn't do it while not holding back? You realize CIS off doesn't mean we use all high end feats to debate a character right?

PillarofOsiris
You realize CIS off doesn't mean we use all high end feats to debate a character right?

That's not what I was arguing at all actually. I imagine CIS to mean how someone who had the powers of the character would fight at his maximum potential. Like, if I had the powers of a certain character what would I do? I wouldn't fight like a moron to drag the story out. In other words, if I was thor and I was fighting the Hulk I would immediately BFR him into the sun.

Well clarify to me how CIS off works here then.

KuRuPT Thanosi
I like this guy.

me to... but he doesnt pick any version of hulk to beat thanos... sorry buddy

abhilegend
You realize CIS off doesn't mean we use all high end feats to debate a character right?
What do you think hulk brigade is doing here?

iceman24567
What do you think hulk brigade is doing here? Sucking green cock?

Greysen93
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
me to... but he doesnt pick any version of hulk to beat thanos... sorry buddy Ha. big grin

The Sorrow
Doesn't CIS off just mean the said character loses their moral code and goes for the kill? Not suddenly become some fantasy version of themselves that has never been displayed in comics.

And lol @ Superman punching Hulk 2000 times in a second.

quanchi112
A guy who has lifted infinite weight on multiple occasions, slowed eternity, fastballed mini-black holes, and shattered time and space with his punches while holding back couldn't do it while not holding back? laughing out loud

PillarofOsiris
Doesn't CIS off just mean the said character loses their moral code and goes for the kill? Not suddenly become some fantasy version of themselves that has never been displayed in comics.

And lol @ Superman punching Hulk 2000 times in a second.

Explain why a guy who can rebuild a city in seconds can't punch someone 2,000 times in 1 second. I'd love to hear it. Question: Do you know how many times the Flash can punch in a second? (and yes, I know Superman's not as fast).

Odekahn
I was going to say that Superman gets to 7 and stops, but I think Pillar is actually making a couple of good points here. However, I'm still leaning towards WBH if for no other reason than the fights are back to back with no rest for Superman (not that he would really need it in Pillar's argument though).

keiththegreat
CIS off, in my view, is a character using their powers to their fullest potential. That means Superman is using his speed to it's fullest as well as his other powers. A guy who can rebuild a city in seconds (hammering nails, finding building materials, etc.) is more than capable of throwing 2,000 punches in 1 second. Prove me wrong. The Flash could easily throw 10x that many punches in one second.

That's how I see CIS-less myself. Like if I was superman I would immediately speed blitz my opponent and hit them 100s of times. He doesn't in comics because they need to have an interesting fight.

The Sorrow
Explain why a guy who can rebuild a city in seconds can't punch someone 2,000 times in 1 second. I'd love to hear it. Question: Do you know how many times the Flash can punch in a second? (and yes, I know Superman's not as fast).
One ambiguous and highly debated high end speed feat for Superman doesn't give you the licence to run rampant throwing asinine statements around such as he continuously hits Hulk with 100's/1000's of reality-breaking punches per second. Utter nonsense.
Throwing 2000 punches is different than attacking a living, breathing foe who is fighting back and he no way in hell is punching Hulk 2000 times before he can react. Speed isn't the be all end all superpower you seem to believe it is.

CosmicComet
One ambiguous and highly debated high end speed feat for Superman doesn't give you the licence to run rampant throwing asinine statements around such as he continuously hits Hulk with 100's/1000's of reality-breaking punches per second. Utter nonsense.
Throwing 2000 punches is different than attacking a living, breathing foe who is fighting back and he no way in hell is punching Hulk 2000 times before he can react. Speed isn't the be all end all superpower you seem to believe it is.

It is when by feats, one person is slow enough to be a statue to the other.

quanchi112
Explain why a guy who can rebuild a city in seconds can't punch someone 2,000 times in 1 second. I'd love to hear it. Question: Do you know how many times the Flash can punch in a second? (and yes, I know Superman's not as fast). When has he done so ?

carver9
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
me to... but he doesnt pick any version of hulk to beat thanos... sorry buddy

I don't either. I only give one Hulk the majority against Thanos.

carver9
When has he done so ?

He is talking about when Superman put that city together on Bizarro world at super speed (and probably had other abilities in play as well). When Superman did that, he was under a blue sun. Let's read what a blue sun does for Superman.

http://mmg.photobucket.com/albumview/albums/CDTM3000/05.jpg.html?src=www&action=view&current=05.jpg

Pillar is a ....

He is terrible at this.

quanchi112
He is talking about when Superman put that city together on Bizarro world at super speed (and probably had other abilities in play as well). When Superman did that, he was under a blue sun. Let's read what a blue sun does for Superman.

http://mmg.photobucket.com/albumview/albums/CDTM3000/05.jpg.html?src=www&action=view&current=05.jpg

Pillar is a ....

He is terrible at this. I know what's talking about. Originally posted by carver9
I don't either. I only give one Hulk the majority against Thanos. No Hulk beats Thanos. Ever.

carver9
No Hulk beats Thanos. Ever.

Meet me in the proper thread so that we can discuss this. You are not ready for me Quan. It's best to be my friend than my enemy.

-Pr-

Pillar is a ....

He is terrible at this.

Then he's just like you.

quanchi112
Meet me in the proper thread so that we can discuss this. You are not ready for me Quan. It's best to be my friend than my enemy. Carver, I wish you told the truth. Where is that Hulk and Thanos sig ? why wouldjn't you at least answer me on the battlezone ? Why haven't you planned or set a date for rage's battlezone yet ?

carver9
Originally posted by -Pr-
Then he's just like you.

Lol...you are ignoring my skillz...go back and reread all of my post, you'll see all of that talent. You are letting anger cloud your judgment.

carver9
Carver, I wish you told the truth. Where is that Hulk and Thanos sig ? why wouldjn't you at least answer me on the battlezone ? Why haven't you planned or set a date for rage's battlezone yet ?

I always tell the truth.

That Sig is still getting worked on.

I already told you why I didn't accept your battlezone. I don't even think you are serious about it anyways.

Rage doesn't even get online anymore.

quanchi112
I always tell the truth.

That Sig is still getting worked on.

I already told you why I didn't accept your battlezone. I don't even think you are serious about it anyways.

Rage doesn't even get online anymore. You rarely ever do. Sigs don't take months. They really don't. You've never had one sig. You also claimed you were leaving. You post more now since you claimed you were leaving.

I will do a battlezone. You backed down like you always do. The best is when you admitted you'd lose.

Then set a date now and I will pm him. I guarantee he will show for your battlezone.

The Sorrow
Originally posted by CosmicComet
It is when by feats, one person is slow enough to be a statue to the other.
By feats Hulk should one shot most people he fights, Flash should never get hit, Surfer should never lose etc etc. The facts are Hulk can perceive and react to objects far faster than he is, a confrontation is a totally different scenario than Supes flying/running at top speed from point A to B. Superman generally bullrushes his opponents (which landed him in hot waters on numerous occasions), this has been tried on Hulk countless times and been countered.

carver9
You rarely ever do. Sigs don't take months. They really don't. You've never had one sig. You also claimed you were leaving. You post more now since you claimed you were leaving.

I will do a battlezone. You backed down like you always do. The best is when you admitted you'd lose.

Then set a date now and I will pm him. I guarantee he will show for your battlezone.

Sigs isn't a first priority for me Quan. I did leave for about two or 3 months and came back. I rarely post on here anymore.

No you won't. I never back down AMD I never admit that I will lose. I said that I would probably lose since I am not experienced in battlezones.

Rage doesn't even get online so why would I do a battlezone with him. He admitted yesterday that he rarely gets on.

CosmicComet
By feats Hulk should one shot most people he fights,

True, but he actually does have a specific character written reason why he doesn't.

He definitely shouldn't. This is why Flash is a terrible character to write a regular series for because the writers can't believably have him be hit by anyone outside of his speed class---and yet we still have to see it unfortunately.

This is lazy attempt at extending an example. And its a No as well.

Absolutely no one is talking about point A to point B speed. We're talking about reflexes,

Hulk's reflexes are highly enhanced no doubt about it. He's firmly in the the supersonic to lower end hypersonic reflexes/perception speed rate. Which is sufficient for helping him keep up with the likes of Wolverine, who is also super-hypersonic.

Unfortunately, that is leagues below Superman. Superman thinks and reacts in nanoseconds or less. Literally. On-panel.

A nanosecond. Light travels a single foot in a nanosecond. And Superman is on that level of reflexes.

Hulk would literally, literally be a statue in a realistic, non-story bound comic fight.

Just because Hulk and Superman are both famous, does not mean a hypothetical fight has to be close.

That's just the lazy man's take. Unfortunately, feats matter, and the Hulk advocates never seem to able to give a counter for the speed argument at all. It all seems to rely on what they think Superman might do in a comic fight with the Hulk. So basically, it relies on admitting that Superman deliberately chooses to not fight up to his full level and sabotages his own chances, deliberately. So its a hollow way to counter an argument.

And in the end of it all, Hulk matches Superman in limitless strength, and loses to him in most other categories.

Superman wins, decisively. If Superman doesn't want Hulk to hit him, he WON'T.

dmills
True, but he actually does have a specific character written reason why he doesn't.

He definitely shouldn't. This is why Flash is a terrible character to write a regular series for because the writers can't believably have him be hit by anyone outside of his speed class---and yet we still have to see it unfortunately.

Absolutely no one is talking about point A to point B speed. We're talking about reflexes,

Hulk's reflexes are highly enhanced no doubt about it. He's firmly in the the supersonic to lower end hypersonic reflexes/perception speed rate. Which is sufficient for helping him keep up with the likes of Wolverine, who is also super-hypersonic.

Unfortunately, that is leagues below Superman. Superman thinks and reacts in nanoseconds or less. Literally. On-panel.

A nanosecond. Light travels a single foot in a nanosecond. And Superman is on that level of reflexes.

Hulk would literally, literally be a statue in a realistic, non-story bound comic fight.

Just because Hulk and Superman are both famous, does not mean a hypothetical fight has to be close.

That's just the lazy man's take. Unfortunately, feats matter, and the Hulk advocates never seem to able to give a counter for the speed argument at all. It all seems to rely on what they think Superman might do in a comic fight with the Hulk. So basically, it relies on admitting that Superman deliberately chooses to not fight up to his full level and sabotages his own chances, deliberately. So its a hollow way to counter an argument.

And in the end of it all, Hulk matches Superman in limitless strength, and loses to him in most other categories.

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/679446_o.gif

I'm reluctant to give you props because you're repping Superman, but that's good shyte nonetheless.

stick out tongue

CosmicComet
You could insert any powerful high level speedster brick in place of Superman in that, because I am basically laying out the same argument for them as well vs Hulk.

Like...NOVA. eek!

Also, your son apparently likes Superman. So you should support him by also being a fan. stick out tongue

dmills
You could insert any powerful high level speedster brick in place of Superman in that, because I am basically laying out the same argument for them as well vs Hulk.

Like...NOVA. eek!

Also, your son apparently likes Superman. So you should support him by also being a fan. stick out tongue

Superman is just part of the fabric of pop culture man. I've never told my kid anything about Superman, and yet he knows the entire back story and everything lol. Sadly, I can't even pay him to give a damn about Nova laughing out loud

CosmicComet
I don't see how, honestly.

Nova has spiffy armor. And that's what got me interested in the character in the first place. eek!

abhilegend
Originally posted by dmills
Superman is just part of the fabric of pop culture man. I've never told my kid anything about Superman, and yet he knows the entire back story and everything lol. Sadly, I can't even pay him to give a damn about Nova laughing out loud
Smart kid, didn't repeated the mistakes of his father.131Originally posted by CosmicComet

Nova has spiffy armor. And that's what got me interested in the character in the first place. eek!
He has a bucket on his head.
no expression

CosmicComet
It's a cool looking helmet, not unlike a Spartan's in some ways.

Don't see what you're saying.

dmills

Lol yeah. He won't even draw him lol.

Edit: he digs the Gotg though, (which basically means he likes Rocket Racoon) lol. Go figure

CosmicComet

Edit: he digs the Gotg though, which basically, mean he likes Rocket Racoon lol. Go figure

then;

http://www.simpsoncrazy.com/content/pictures/family/HomerStranglesBart1.gif

dmills
laughing out loud

abhilegend
It's a cool looking helmet, not unlike a Spartan's in some ways.

Don't see what you're saying.
I was joking comet.Originally posted by dmills

Edit: he digs the Gotg though, (which basically means he likes Rocket Racoon) lol. Go figure
A talking and badass racoon is a lot cooler than nova.

CosmicComet
laughing out loud

You better be raising him on the good stuff; first season power rangers!

dmills
I was joking comet.
A talking and badass racoon is a lot cooler than nova.

Lol. Gotta love Rocket.

Good night gents. Have a good day Abhi.

abhilegend
Lol. Gotta love Rocket.

Good night gents. Have a good day Abhi.
Good night man.

quanchi112
Sigs isn't a first priority for me Quan. I did leave for about two or 3 months and came back. I rarely post on here anymore.

No you won't. I never back down AMD I never admit that I will lose. I said that I would probably lose since I am not experienced in battlezones.

Rage doesn't even get online so why would I do a battlezone with him. He admitted yesterday that he rarely gets on. You're lying. You never left and post more than you used to. That's what I mean you just lie. There isn't a sig either. You just continue to lie.

You said you'd do a battlezone with him so be a man of your word. He wants to do one against you. You keep looking for ways out. You also admitted you'd probably lose. In the end you don't even believe in yourself. Keep running.

PillarofOsiris

Haha... One ridiculous speed feat? You need to read more superman comics, buddy.

dmills

This post deserves to be bumped until someone offers a decent counter argument. Good shyte CC. Especially in pointing out lightspeed as it relates to nano seconds distance wise. I don't think people conceive just how brief a moment in time that a nano second is.

abhilegend
lolwut?

abhilegend
This post deserves to be bumped until someone offers a decent counter argument. Good shyte CC. Especially in pointing out lightspeed as it relates to nano seconds distance wise. I don't think people conceive just how brief a moment in time that a nano second is.
Superman has held a whole conversation in a fraction of a nanosecond.

quanchi112
Superman has held a whole conversation in a fraction of a nanosecond. And ?

Cogito
And ?

If he has time to talk, he has time to punch. Not that hard a concept to grasp, really...

quanchi112
If he has time to talk, he has time to punch. Not that hard a concept to grasp, really... If he doesn't do so on panel then it's not fair game. You can't just say Surfer creates black holes therefore he creates one in your ear. It's silly.

Cogito
So you're arguing that it's impossible for a character to do anything if it isn't explicitly shown on panel.

If Superman only talks in a panel, it's goddamn impossible to conceive that he could move his right arm if it isn't shown

quanchi112
So you're arguing that it's impossible for a character to do anything if it isn't explicitly shown on panel.

If Superman only talks in a panel, it's goddamn impossible to conceive that he could move his right arm if it isn't shown Going by your argument then Surfer can create blackholes inside your ears. he doesn't need to do so for it to be a viable tactic. Then people like Thanos can forceblock private parts. See how ridiculous this gets.

Cogito
facepalm2

quanchi112
facepalm2 Superman doesn't fight how you want him to fight. We still argue based on what we read in comics.

dmills
laughing out loud

carver9
It's simple. Here we have Gladiator and Hyperion fighting at nano seconds speed. Can anyone show this for Superman? If you can, this would probably make Quan concede.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/68/39597113mf8.jpg/

abhilegend
Superman doesn't fight how you want him to fight. We still argue based on what we read in comics.
laughing out loud

PillarofOsiris
Superman doesn't fight how you want him to fight. We still argue based on what we read in comics.

Hence cis-off for superman in this thread

dmills
It's simple. Here we have Gladiator and Hyperion fighting at nano seconds speed. Can anyone show this for Superman? If you can, this would probably make Quan concede.

I don't know, but whoever designed that male chastity belt that Hyperion wears ought to be banned from comics.

carver9
I don't know, but whoever designed that male chastity belt that Hyperion wears ought to be banned from comics.

laughing out loud that was the style back then. Ladies loved it (especially Gladiators Mohawk).

Endless Mike
That Mohawk is sharp enough to put someone's eye out. Literally.

carver9
Originally posted by Endless Mike
That Mohawk is sharp enough to put someone's eye out. Literally.

Lol. Hyperion said his hair felt like Steele cables. WTF. what kind of comb does he use?

abhilegend
laughing out loud that was the style back then. Ladies loved it (especially Gladiators Mohawk).
laughing out loud
Most people don't even know who gladiator is.

Endless Mike
Lol. Hyperion said his hair felt like Steele cables. WTF. what kind of comb does he use?

Adamantium, got to be

carver9
laughing out loud
Most people don't even know who gladiator is.

mad A lot of people know who Gladiator is, ask Nova.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/123/26488759kc5.jpg/

quanchi112
laughing out loud You're beaten again.Originally posted by PillarofOsiris
Hence cis-off for superman in this thread That still means you have to argue based off of feats. You can't make him fight however you want to.

quanchi112

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/68/39597113mf8.jpg/ Why would I concede ?

The Sorrow

So does Gladiator, Sentry, Genis, Marvel, Hyperion, Surfer, Nova, Thor etc and yet none have ever completely dominated the Hulk with speed. Hulk has feats exceeding super hypersonic speed btw and can certainly perceive FTL speeds.

Laws of science and physics in comics generally are totally different to ours, they are similar but only up to a point otherwise you would have horribly broken stories and characters (Wolverine suddenly springs to mind). Speed is no different. On panel showings are what's used against other characters not just feats. This line of thinking leads to chestnuts such as "Superman is 10x stronger than Thor", "Superman hits Hulk 2000 times in a second with reality breaking punches", "PC Superman one-shots Thanos" etc and is wrong.

Fact is speed doesn't trump all in comics as it seems to on KMC or at least with some DC fans, generally there is a trade-off in power when throwing dozens of punches per second than one huge haymaker. Hulk isn't a speedster but he can tag speedsters/superfast objects even at great distances with unerring accuracy, his perception/reactions have been stated as supernatural several times. Stating Supes would never get hit and yet blitz Hulk into submission isn't based on anything I've seen. Mongul is no Hulk. It would give him an advantage as amping would be Hulk's but based on Hulk's history, speed is by no means the deciding factor.

Batman-Prime
Clears it with cis off.

carver9
Why would I concede ?

Key word, "probably". They don't have the showing you are asking for though.

abhilegend
So does Gladiator, Sentry, Genis, Marvel, Hyperion, Surfer, Nova, Thor etc and yet none have ever completely dominated the Hulk with speed. Hulk has feats exceeding super hypersonic speed btw and can certainly perceive FTL speeds.

Laws of science and physics in comics generally are totally different to ours, they are similar but only up to a point otherwise you would have horribly broken stories and characters (Wolverine suddenly springs to mind). Speed is no different. On panel showings are what's used against other characters not just feats. This line of thinking leads to chestnuts such as "Superman is 10x stronger than Thor", "Superman hits Hulk 2000 times in a second with reality breaking punches", "PC Superman one-shots Thanos" etc and is wrong.

Fact is speed doesn't trump all in comics as it seems to on KMC or at least with some DC fans, generally there is a trade-off in power when throwing dozens of punches per second than one huge haymaker. Hulk isn't a speedster but he can tag speedsters/superfast objects even at great distances with unerring accuracy, his perception/reactions have been stated as supernatural several times. Stating Supes would never get hit and yet blitz Hulk into submission isn't based on anything I've seen. Mongul is no Hulk. It would give him an advantage as amping would be Hulk's but based on Hulk's history, speed is by no means the deciding factor.
This isn't a comic, if you didn't notice it before. Speed isn't like strength where you can compete with people higher in weight class, you either have speed to hit or you don't. Superman is a FTL character and has speeblitzed lightspeed class people. Tell that to flash that speedy punches<normal punches.

quanchi112
Key word, "probably". They don't have the showing you are asking for though. I know carvey.

PillarofOsiris

This is utterly ridiculous. Hulk tagged speedsters? When? When Sentry flew at him at some unknown speed and he didn't dodge it? No...actually he got hit by it. When has SS unleashed lightning fast punches on him? When has Gladiator? When has hulk shown ANY FTL reaction time?

Also, hitting a speedster doesn't make you a speedster. It's convenient for the Hulk that most heroes tend to "forget" every power they have when they fight him and just slug it out with him. Hell, even ZEUS...A SKYFATHER... slugged it out with him. People (*cough* Pak) who write Hulk stories just love to see him punch things and get punched back. Who wants to read a story where Thor sees the Hulk and instantly BFR's him into the sun? Or Gladiator punches him 200 times and kills him before he can react? But since they forget they can punch FTL, that means Hulk is FTL? Really?

Batman has punched Superman before...I guess by your "logic" he is super fast too, since he "tagged a speedster".

-Pr-
facepalm @ the stupidity in this thread.

CosmicComet
blame the green brigade

Diesldude

I am not debating your stance here, nor do I want to open another can of worms, but what's different here as compared to DD when everyone in comics and their mother was saying that he was faster than the flash and yet you still thought he was at normal brick level speed because the artist didn't draw him a hundred times in the same panel? just sayin..

h1a8

I can't see Superman dropping a fresh WWH let alone anyone else after him. Superman is a lot stronger than wwh and a hell of a lot faster. He can literally hit hulk hundreds of times without hulk hitting him once. Hulk would be a living statue. Superman clears this with ease.

carver9
Originally posted by Diesldude
I am not debating your stance here, nor do I want to open another can of worms, but what's different here as compared to DD when everyone in comics and their mother was saying that he was faster than the flash and yet you still thought he was at normal brick level speed because the artist didn't draw him a hundred times in the same panel? just sayin..

First thing, I never said he was a normal brick just like Hulk isn't a normal brick.

Second thing, in my scan, a number is given on how fast Gladiator and Hyperion was fighting.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.