Chaos War Hercules vs Rune King Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
Who wins?

Cogito
Spite.

And a spite thread that I think was done pretty recently.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Cogito
Spite.

And a spite thread that I think was done pretty recently. spite for who?

Cogito
One (supposedly? maybe?) restored 97% of the multiverse. The other one didn't.

kevdude
thumb up The Thorbots are staying away from this one! heh

Stoic
I'm going to go for a split here. Neither has enough in terms of appearances to gauge who was the most powerful of the two. Just because RK Thor did not restore 97% of the multiverse does not mean that he could not, nor does it equate who is more powerful, when comparing these two powerhouses. Split.

Bouboumaster
CW Hercules win

Also, Pak scrapped everything great he did in his Incredible Hercules with that arc

quanchi112
Thor wins.

Cogito
Originally posted by Stoic
I'm going to go for a split here. Neither has enough in terms of appearances to gauge who was the most powerful of the two. Just because RK Thor did not restore 97% of the multiverse does not mean that he could not, nor does it equate who is more powerful, when comparing these two powerhouses. Split.
RKT was never implied to be anywhere near that level of power.

quanchi112
RKT was never implied to be anywhere near that level of power. You will never get it.

NemeBro
Why does RKT win quan?

Stoic
RKT was never implied to be anywhere near that level of power.

Due to plot and storyline. This however does not mean that he was incapable of doing this. King thor was capable of massive matter manipulation, so I don't see why it would be outside of his power-set to take it up to the degree that CW Herc did if he had an amp in power (rune amp).

At any case, the safest answer is a split between the two, because of the lack of appearances, feats, and that RK Thor wasn't around to encounter a threat like CK (plot limited). I'm pretty sure that if RK Thor was placed in the Chaos Wars story arc instead of CW Herc, that his showing would have been just as great, and since he would be drawing from the runes, he may have even retained his power level, unlike Herc, who was drained from the feat.

You see the arguments that could be launched in support of either side? Well there simply isn't enough evidence to support either side, outside of perhaps one impression over the other. Split is the way to go here.

iceman24567
This is stupid no way Thor wins or even stands a chance

PillarofOsiris
Due to plot and storyline. This however does not mean that he was incapable of doing this. King thor was capable of massive matter manipulation, so I don't see why it would be outside of his power-set to take it up to the degree that CW Herc did if he had an amp in power (rune amp).

At any case, the safest answer is a split between the two, because of the lack of appearances, feats, and that RK Thor wasn't around to encounter a threat like CK (plot limited). I'm pretty sure that if RK Thor was placed in the Chaos Wars story arc instead of CW Herc, that his showing would have been just as great, and since he would be drawing from the runes, he may have even retained his power level, unlike Herc, who was drained from the feat.

You see the arguments that could be launched in support of either side? Well there simply isn't enough evidence to support either side, outside of perhaps one impression over the other. Split is the way to go here.

While I disagree with you, I think you're putting up a good argument. One thing I think RKT has over CW Herc is confidence level. RKT always seemed cool and in control, while Herc, while powerful, still seemed like a buffoon.

Even still, until we see evidence of Rune King Thor being powerful enough to deal with something like CK, we can't assume he could either.

Stoic
Originally posted by PillarofOsiris
While I disagree with you, I think you're putting up a good argument. One thing I think RKT has over CW Herc is confidence level. RKT always seemed cool and in control, while Herc, while powerful, still seemed like a buffoon.

Even still, until we see evidence of Rune King Thor being powerful enough to deal with something like CK, we can't assume he could either.

Well i would have placed RK Thor far above Odin, and we all saw how well Odin did against Galactus. RK Thor may actually be on the level, but he simply did not have an opponent on the level of the Chaos King to show for it. This does not mean that he would have done worse than CW Herc. he may have actually did better. I for one believe that RK Thor would have beaten Galactus' ass or at least Galactus on the level that he was when he fought Odin.

PillarofOsiris
I for one believe that RK Thor would have beaten Galactus' ass or at least Galactus on the level that he was when he fought Odin.

I'd agree with that.

Cogito
Originally posted by quanchi112
You will never get it.

I won't get what?

If you want me to believe a character is of a certain level of power, they need the feats (or at least a statement) proving it.

I'm not going to make stuff up. If that's what I'll never get, then I can live with that.

Stoic
The answer to this thread lies in the origin of each characters amplification. Was Herc's amp greater than Thor's amp? Now let's look into the why and why not.

iceman24567
The answer to this thread lies in the origin of each characters amplification. Was Herc's amp greater than Thor's amp? Now let's look into the why and why not. Eh lets not you are the time of person to take something apart to fix one small problem i on the other hand rather smash the shit and move on

Stoic
Originally posted by iceman24567
Eh lets not you are the time of person to take something apart to fix one small problem i on the other hand rather smash the shit and move on

Noted big grin

quanchi112
I won't get what?

If you want me to believe a character is of a certain level of power, they need the feats (or at least a statement) proving it.

I'm not going to make stuff up. If that's what I'll never get, then I can live with that. It comes down to formidability in the end not feats. By this logic you could say Gladiator is stronger than Superboy Prime.

Cogito
It comes down to formidability in the end not feats.

This makes no goddamn sense. At all.

Formidability is determined by feats. The end.

By this logic you could say Gladiator is stronger than Superboy Prime.

I have no idea what logic you're talking about. What I do know is that there are dozens of feats that put SBP way above Gladiator.

quanchi112
This makes no goddamn sense. At all.

Formidability is determined by feats. The end.

I have no idea what logic you're talking about. What I do know is that there are dozens of feats that put SBP way above Gladiator. Formidability is determined by peer comparisons. If you go by feats only cbr is the place for you.

Punching a planet is more quantifiable than Prime's feats.

rotiart
Formidability is determined by peer comparisons. If you go by feats only cbr is the place for you.

Punching a planet is more quantifiable than Prime's feats.

Gotta agree here. I mean Toaa doesnt really have feats but would we put him below random hero?

zopzop
CW Herc (especially after being awakened to his true power) would crush RKT like an insect.

Even before his awakening he was owning the All Fathers of the Council Elite. Was it stated in that arc that he was the most powerful All Father ever too?

quanchi112
Originally posted by rotiart
Gotta agree here. I mean Toaa doesnt really have feats but would we put him below random hero? I bet cogito wouldn't agree here which makes him a hypocrite.

Cogito
Originally posted by rotiart
Gotta agree here. I mean Toaa doesnt really have feats but would we put him below random hero?
I bet cogito wouldn't agree here which makes him a hypocrite.

Clearly some characters transcend the need for feats. But if you need feats, TOAA created everything in Marvel. It wasn't shown on panel, but it's know to have happened, and that trumps all other Marvel feats.

Formidability is determined by peer comparisons. If you go by feats only cbr is the place for you.

There are two types of feats. One is what I'll call a "neutral feat". That is, one that involves only one character and is grounded in physics (e.g. lifting feats, speed feats). The other is more difficult to compare and involves 2+ characters (e.g. a fight between two characters).

Make no mistake, if the Hulk lifts a mountain, that's a feat. If the Hulk fights Thor, that's a feat. If the Hulk tanks an attack, that's a feat.

Punching a planet is more quantifiable than Prime's feats. laughing out loud

quanchi112
Clearly some characters transcend the need for feats. But if you need feats, TOAA created everything in Marvel. It wasn't shown on panel, but it's know to have happened, and that trumps all other Marvel feats.

There are two types of feats. One is what I'll call a "neutral feat". That is, one that involves only one character and is grounded in physics (e.g. lifting feats, speed feats). The other is more difficult to compare and involves 2+ characters (e.g. a fight between two characters).

Make no mistake, if the Hulk lifts a mountain, that's a feat. If the Hulk fights Thor, that's a feat. If the Hulk tanks an attack, that's a feat.

laughing out loud You admitted certain characters don't need feats so you are a hypocrite. Feats don't prove crap when these guys run into each other. Combat or peer comparisons matter. Try and keep up.

Prep-Man
Herc.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Hercules, too many conclusive power showings under his belt.

Naija boy
Herc for sure.

Cogito
You admitted certain characters don't need feats so you are a hypocrite. Feats don't prove crap when these guys run into each other. Combat or peer comparisons matter. Try and keep up.

Omnipotents don't need feats. That's not hypocritical.

Also, combat is a feat, as I already mentioned.

Try and keep up, and maybe next time try to say something new.

Estacado
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Hercules, too many conclusive power showings under his belt.
Quan disagrees.

quanchi112
Omnipotents don't need feats. That's not hypocritical.

Also, combat is a feat, as I already mentioned.

Try and keep up, and maybe next time try to say something new. Omnipotents do need feats though going by your reasoning. You pick and choose while I remain consistent.

Cogito
Quan, stop being an idiot erm

quanchi112
Quan, stop being an idiot erm I exposed your hypocrisy. It feels good. smile

Badabing
CW Herc wins this. His feats are well above and beyond anything RK Thor showed. And we go feats, not what one character we're cheerleading maybe, could have done under some wanna be implied power set. Closed.

Badabing
Sorry, I was messing with my phone to see if I could do mod things from it. Carry on, but this may be closed if the pro-Thor people can't mount a better argument for him winning.

JakeTheBank
I'm a pro-Thor kind of guy.

And I know for a fact that Rune King Thor loses.

Starscream M
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
so you admit being biased? erm

Cogito
Originally posted by Starscream M

Everyone's biased. Some people are just man enough to admit it. Not sure what you're getting at though, since he said he was biased towards Thor but Thor loses. kinda

JakeTheBank

lol?

I said I'm a pro-Thor kind of guy, meaning that I support Thor in threads strongly if I feel he wins or can possibly win, using feats and evidence displayed in comics to support my stance. Being one of the most well read and learned Thor fans on the board, I also know when he's outmatched and can't win.

How you get me being biased from that is astounding.

Prep-Man

And I know for a fact that Rune King Thor loses.

thumb up

Starscream M
Everyone's biased. Some people are just man enough to admit it. Not sure what you're getting at though, since he said he was biased towards Thor but Thor loses. kinda no, thats not true. not everyone's biased. Im not for one. Im not pro-anybody.

JakeTheBank
no, thats not true. not everyone's biased. Im not for one. Im not pro-anybody.

Yeah, probably because you don't really read comics to begin with.

Starscream M
lol?

I said I'm a pro-Thor kind of guy, meaning that I support Thor in threads strongly if I feel he wins or can possibly win, using feats and evidence displayed in comics to support my stance. Being one of the most well read and learned Thor fans on the board, I also know when he's outmatched and can't win.

How you get me being biased from that is astounding. dood, the definition of bias is being pro-something as opposed to being neutral

Cogito
Everyone's biased. Perhaps I should rephrase it as "some people are conscious of their bias, while others aren't."

You, apparently, fall into the latter category.

quanchi112
I'm very tempted to go Runic Thor mode right about now.

Starscream M
Yeah, probably because you don't really read comics to begin with. there's no need to member bash, jake. that's just being immature. erm

CosmicComet
Omnipotents do need feats though going by your reasoning. You pick and choose while I remain consistent.

Being omnipotent IS the f*cking feat.

Jesus man.

Jesus.

Cogito's point was not difficult to understand.

Mindset
People actually think Thor will win?

quanchi112
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Being omnipotent IS the f*cking feat.

Jesus man.

Jesus.

Cogito's point was not difficult to understand. He wasn't omnipotent. Had he been he could have defeated Chaos King. But since you basically are begging me to debate I will thus do so. Prepare yourself. Originally posted by Mindset
People actually think Thor will win? Absolutely.

JakeTheBank
there's no need to member bash, jake. that's just being immature. erm

I'm not bashing you. Just making an observation based on your posts as a whole. Ignorance in of itself isn't a bad thing; god knows I've certainly not read every comic ever. But in my honest opinion, it just seems like you really don't know what you're talking about.

As it is, this thread is essentially spite.

Damborgson
Chaos War Hercules. Near the end of his career it'd be spite stomp

CosmicComet
He wasn't omnipotent. Had he been he could have defeated Chaos King. But since you basically are begging me to debate I will thus do so. Prepare yourself.

??

I'm not talking about Herc.

I'm talking about you saying TOAA has no feats and thus he's weak according to Cogito's reasoning.

Cogito
He wasn't omnipotent. Had he been he could have defeated Chaos King.

http://www.mytinyphone.com/uploads/users/jonnybravo/386922.gif

He was referring to the TOAA example before.

Endless Mike
TOAA created all Marvel characters and is stronger than them. Therefore, every feat ever performed by any character in Marvel is also TOAA's feat.

Mindset
Absolutely. You aren't people, you swamp donkey.

Cogito
Originally posted by Endless Mike
TOAA created all Marvel characters and is stronger than them. Therefore, every feat ever performed by any character in Marvel is also TOAA's feat.

thumb up

Although...Eternity is supposed to be the sum of all parts of the universe, yet jobs to beings within said universe.

CosmicComet
thumb up

Although...Eternity is supposed to be the sum of all parts of the universe, yet jobs to beings within said universe.

Then basically, its like punching yourself and being hurt by it.

No shame in that.

vin

hunbu04
Come on quan there are level of omnipotence
What happen when two omnipotent beings fight. Yes did didn't outright beat the CK but he definately stalemated him for some time. and after that He recreated the multiverse. Those feats are above RK Thor level.

quanchi112
??

I'm not talking about Herc.

I'm talking about you saying TOAA has no feats and thus he's weak according to Cogito's reasoning. It's theoretical. It's like saying Superman can defeat Morpheus from the Sandman book based on feats. Originally posted by Cogito
http://www.mytinyphone.com/uploads/users/jonnybravo/386922.gif

He was referring to the TOAA example before. That was just one example I just threw out there.

Cogito
There are no levels of omnipotence. There is only one by definition, and everyone else is a pretender.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Mindset
You aren't people, you swamp donkey.

laughing out loud Is anyone surprised by this?

Cogito
It's theoretical. It's like saying Superman can defeat Morpheus from the Sandman book based on feats.

Just stop

Endless Mike
Eternity is part of TOAA's creation... TOAA has never been beaten.

Prep-Man
Just stop

You know he won't. It's called the ignore button. It's what I use for the trolls.

Cogito
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Eternity is part of TOAA's creation... TOAA has never been beaten.

Sorry if what I said was confusing. I didn't mean to compare Eternity to TOAA.

Eternity is the sum of all life in the universe. No being within the universe should ever be capable of surpassing Eternity as he's defined. For example, Mad Jim Jaspers shouldn't be > Eternity because Eternity is MJJ, plus countless more beings.

It's just something that irks me about Marvel g007-psyduck

quanchi112
You aren't people, you swamp donkey. If I believe so and the thread starter created the thread he thus thought it's a good matchup.

Mindset
If I believe so and the thread starter created the thread he thus thought it's a good matchup. You and the thread creator have a lot in common, I'll give you that.

quanchi112
You and the thread creator have a lot in common, I'll give you that. At least he tries.

Mindset
To be the very best, like no one ever was?

CosmicComet
Quan, you have all these sigs at the ready?

JakeTheBank
To be the very best, like no one ever was?

If anyone is a Pokemon master here, it's me, god damn it.

quanchi112
Originally posted by hunbu04
Come on quan there are level of omnipotence
What happen when two omnipotent beings fight. Yes did didn't outright beat the CK but he definately stalemated him for some time. and after that He recreated the multiverse. Those feats are above RK Thor level. Flat out incorrect. The scan here clearly shows everyone is needed to defeat the Chaos King. Herc was being ripped into. Literally.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/th_Worktogether1a.jpg

Here he's ripped into. Herc was nothing compared to CKing.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/th_Herchurt1a.jpghttp://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/th_Herchurt1b.jpg

Here classic Thor does more damage to the Cking than Herc did. Herc just basically punched. There isn't really much to his game.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/th_ThorhurtsCK.jpg

Now I haven't even gotten into the methods Rune Thor will approach someone who punches him. But if you really believe someone who just throws punches can beat Thor here you have another thing coming.

Herc only restored the universe anyways per the scan not the multiverse. This doesn't really pertain to a combat feat anyway so why anyone uses this as why he wins is silly.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/th_Restoreduniverse.jpg

quanchi112
Quan, you have all these sigs at the ready? Yes. I have plenty more it's timing when you see them.

zopzop
Flat out incorrect. The scan here clearly shows everyone is needed to defeat the Chaos King. Herc was being ripped into. Literally.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/th_Worktogether1a.jpg

Here he's ripped into. Herc was nothing compared to CKing.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/th_Herchurt1a.jpghttp://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/th_Herchurt1b.jpg

Here classic Thor does more damage to the Cking than Herc did. Herc just basically punched. There isn't really much to his game.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/th_ThorhurtsCK.jpg

Now I haven't even gotten into the methods Rune Thor will approach someone who punches him. But if you really believe someone who just throws punches can beat Thor here you have another thing coming.

Herc only restored the universe anyways per the scan not the multiverse. This doesn't really pertain to a combat feat anyway so why anyone uses this as why he wins is silly.

a) It's true that even awakened SG Herc was no match for CK. No one is disputing this. However you are lowballing the hell out of SG Herc. He survived brutal punishment vs Chaos King, the same CK that wtfpwned entire PANTHEONS and their skyfathers (and hell lords).

b) Thor didn't do ANY damage to CK. Startling him != damage. Thor would have died like a gnat like all the other Gods if SG Herc wasn't there taking the brunt of CK's assault.

c) Even if you go with the 98.7% of the universe (as opposed to the multiverse) argument, that's still one hell of a display of power. SG Herc restored 616 universe AND all the god realms and hell realms that are adjacent realities to 616 universe that CK destroyed.

SG is so far above RK Thor it's not even funny.

quanchi112
Originally posted by zopzop
a) It's true that even awakened SG Herc was no match for CK. No one is disputing this. However you are lowballing the hell out of SG Herc. He survived brutal punishment vs Chaos King, the same CK that wtfpwned entire PANTHEONS and their skyfathers (and hell lords). Ok, so he survived attacks from him. Classic Thor himself has stalemated Mephisto in his own realm. Thor has done well against Hela herself at his classic levels. The point is Herc was nothing to the Ck either.
Thor did more damage than Herc did. Neither were a threat to him but Herc's power doesn't really impress me. He just threw haymakers.
It's not a combat feat so it doesn't matter either way. It won't aid him against Runic Thor.
I don't think so. Runic Thor knew ancient magic that would pwn him. He'd behead him and quite easily. Thor was just too formidable to a guy that just throws punches.

zopzop
Ok, so he survived attacks from him. Classic Thor himself has stalemated Mephisto in his own realm. Thor has done well against Hela herself at his classic levels. The point is Herc was nothing to the Ck either.
Thor did more damage than Herc did. Neither were a threat to him but Herc's power doesn't really impress me. He just threw haymakers.
It's not a combat feat so it doesn't matter either way. It won't aid him against Runic Thor.
I don't think so. Runic Thor knew ancient magic that would pwn him. He'd behead him and quite easily. Thor was just too formidable to a guy that just throws punches.

a) Who cares about Thor and Mephisto? Doom beat Mephisto at his own game in his realm.

b) Thor did NO damage. At all. Period. At least Herc broke a couple of CK's teeth and forced him through the portal to the Continuum.

c) Of course it's not a combat feat. The combat feat was surviving and holding his own vs CK (the same CK who killed ALL Skyfathers, their entire pantheons, and their realms). The beautiful thing about this non combat feat was, SG Herc not only undid the material damage to the universe (multiverse) and it's adjacent realms, he rezzed ALL the Gods and Demon Lords that were killed by CK.

Keeping in mind that it took a portion of each of Earth's PANTHEONS to rez a dead Skyfather (Odin), SG Hercs power level must have been crazy.

d) Blame the writer for not displaying more powers and abilities SG Herc had access to. As it stands, he was stated to be the most powerful All Father ever. That would include RKT.

quanchi112
a) Who cares about Thor and Mephisto? Doom beat Mephisto at his own game in his realm.

b) Thor did NO damage. At all. Period. At least Herc broke a couple of CK's teeth and forced him through the portal to the Continuum.

c) Of course it's not a combat feat. The combat feat was surviving and holding his own vs CK (the same CK who killed ALL Skyfathers, their entire pantheons, and their realms). The beautiful thing about this non combat feat was, SG Herc not only undid the material damage to the universe (multiverse) and it's adjacent realms, he rezzed ALL the Gods and Demon Lords that were killed by CK.

Keeping in mind that it took a portion of each of Earth's PANTHEONS to rez a dead Skyfather (Odin), SG Hercs power level must have been crazy.

d) Blame the writer for not displaying more powers and abilities SG Herc had access to. As it stands, he was stated to be the most powerful All Father ever. That would include RKT. a)Thor beat Doom before with prep along with Loki's aid.

b)Thor tore right through his body. That's greater damage than knocking a few teeth out. Read the scan again. It's right up there.

c)He was being stomped and did less damage than classic Thor did. It's not a combat feat so who cares.

d)That has nothing to do with Runic Thor. I never claimed he was the most powerful ever either but he's clearly more formidable than a guy who punches.

Runic Thor takes his head off with a simple spell.

Colossus-Big C
Herc was flat out stated to be the most powerful skyfather ever, that by itself puts him above rkt imo.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
Herc was flat out stated to be the most powerful skyfather ever, that by itself puts him above rkt imo. Power alone doesn't win a fight. Why doesn't anyone else here see that.

zopzop
a)Thor beat Doom before with prep along with Loki's aid.

b)Thor tore right through his body. That's greater damage than knocking a few teeth out. Read the scan again. It's right up there.

c)He was being stomped and did less damage than classic Thor did. It's not a combat feat so who cares.

d)That has nothing to do with Runic Thor. I never claimed he was the most powerful ever either but he's clearly more formidable than a guy who punches.

Runic Thor takes his head off with a simple spell.

a) And Doom beat Galactus with prep! What's your point?

b) Thor didn't tear anything. CK was unharmed by the attack.

c) He did MORE damage than any being did the CK period (not that it mattered). It's not a combat feat but it's directly comparable to another feat involving skyfathers. It took a portion of the power of each PANTHEON on Earth to rez ONE skyfather. SG Herc rezzed EVERY dead skyfather killed by CK AND their pantheons across the universe (multiverse) as well as restoring their realms BY HIMSELF.

d) Wrong. As stated on panel SG Herc = most powerful All Father.............EVER. Unless this has been retconned, which i doubt.

quanchi112
a) And Doom beat Galactus with prep! What's your point?

b) Thor didn't tear anything. CK was unharmed by the attack.

c) He did MORE damage than any being did the CK period (not that it mattered). It's not a combat feat but it's directly comparable to another feat involving skyfathers. It took a portion of the power of each PANTHEON on Earth to rez ONE skyfather. SG Herc rezzed EVERY dead skyfather killed by CK AND their pantheons across the universe (multiverse) as well as restoring their realms BY HIMSELF.

d) Wrong. As stated on panel SG Herc = most powerful All Father.............EVER. Unless this has been retconned, which i doubt. a)Due to the circumstances available at the time.

b)The thunder goes clearly in and out of his body. Do I need to post it in full to have you acknowledge it ?

c)he didn't do any real damage to CK. Ck was whipping his ass and was never in any real danger so who cares.

d)I never claimed Thor was more powerful. Thor is far wiser and recognizes when "power" alone won't solve a situation. That was a very clear point to the Ragnarok.

Thor is far wiser and come on here; a guy who punches really isn't doing much to a guy who can turn you into the wind itself.

zopzop
a)Due to the circumstances available at the time.

b)The thunder goes clearly in and out of his body. Do I need to post it in full to have you acknowledge it ?

c)he didn't do any real damage to CK. Ck was whipping his ass and was never in any real danger so who cares.

d)I never claimed Thor was more powerful. Thor is far wiser and recognizes when "power" alone won't solve a situation. That was a very clear point to the Ragnarok.

Thor is far wiser and come on here a guy who punches really isn't doing much to a guy who can turn you into the wind itself.

SG Herc knocked his teeth out and forced him into the Continuum.

Thor's lightening did NOTHING but startle CK. If CK hadn't been occupied with beating on SG Herc, he would have crushed Thor like the insect that he was. Just like he crushed and devoured ALL other Gods of Earth (and other planets) Pantheons, including their Skyfathers.

SG Herc was wise enough to use his powers to rez every being that was killed by CK AND repair the damage to the universe (multiverse) and the adjacent god realms.

quanchi112
SG Herc knocked his teeth out and forced him into the Continuum.

Thor's lightening did NOTHING but startle CK. If CK hadn't been occupied with beating on SG Herc, he would have crushed Thor like the insect that he was. Just like he crushed and devoured ALL other Gods of Earth (and other planets) Pantheons, including their Skyfathers.

SG Herc was wise enough to use his powers to rez every being that was killed by CK AND repair the damage to the universe (multiverse) and the adjacent god realms. Herc along with Galactus with the combined efforts of Thor and those present all did so.

CKing would destroy Thor just like he'd destroy Herc. Herc was far more powerful than classic Thor but Rune King Thor is on an entirely different level than classic Thor.

Herc isn't as wise as Thor. Herc needed Cho's help along with everyone present. Thor solved his own dilemmas. Thor's wisdom is on another level than the god who throws left hooks.

hunbu04
Thor was like a bug to the CK. Zeus tank all of thor attacks and easily own him along with surfer, sersi, and hell storm in CW issue 2 . SO if Thor was useless against zeus who was inferior to the CK how was thor attack anything but an annoyance to the CK.

iceman24567
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Hercules, too many conclusive power showings under his belt. If Rage can admit it.....

Igniz
SuperGod Hercules wins this.

quanchi112
Originally posted by hunbu04
Thor was like a bug to the CK. Zeus tank all of thor attacks and easily own him along with surfer, sersi, and hell storm in CW issue 2 . SO if Thor was useless against zeus who was inferior to the CK how was thor attack anything but an annoyance to the CK. That still doesn't take away from the fact Thor damaged the Chaos King.

Cogito
Quanchi's right. Power doesn't win fights, wisdom does. If character A displays far more power, but perhaps less wisdom, as compared to character B, then character B probably takes 10/10.

I'ma go make a Ghandi vs. Herc thread now.

quanchi112
Quanchi's right. Power doesn't win fights, wisdom does. If character A displays far more power, but perhaps less wisdom, as compared to character B, then character B probably takes 10/10.

I'ma go make a Ghandi vs. Herc thread now. Wisdom+power over a really powerful guy who throws punches. If Hulk is more powerful than a weakened Strange who can bfr him. Who wins ? Is the wiser less powerful character or the more powerful guy ?

Thor is very persistent.

Estacado
Quan who would win in a fight between Rune King Thor & Thanos?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Estacado
Quan who would win in a fight between Rune King Thor & Thanos? Thanos. Now no more thread derailing.

red sabre
RKT takes this , he was by far more in control of his powers than herc and could probably perform on same levels like herc if not better i thing RKT can take him out

Estacado
Thanos. Now back to dickriding Thor.
thumb up

quanchi112
thumb up Do you honestly think a really powerful guy who just throws punches has a chance against someone who can cast a spell to turn you into the wind itself ?

Estacado
Do you honestly think a really powerful guy who just throws punches has a chance against someone who can cast a spell to turn you into the wind itself ?
Off course not.Just like always I agree with you.

quanchi112
Off course not.Just like always I agree with you. I like the "new" Estacado. He seems to have grown up before my wise eyes.

Estacado
I just no longer find any interest in arguing idiots.313

Cogito
Wisdom+power over a really powerful guy who throws punches. If Hulk is more powerful than a weakened Strange who can bfr him. Who wins ? Is the wiser less powerful character or the more powerful guy ?

Thor is very persistent.

lol at two things here:

1. Your completely irrelevant analogy
2. Your claim that persistence matters here, when yesterday you were mocking the idea that persistence mattered in the Sodam Yat vs. Thanos thread.

quanchi112
lol at two things here:

1. Your completely irrelevant analogy
2. Your claim that persistence matters here, when yesterday you were mocking the idea that persistence mattered in the Sodam Yat vs. Thanos thread. 1. That's an example of someone less powerful using his intelligence to win the battle per kmc rules. Of course you don't like it. It destroys your logic.

2. I was being sarcastic.

Cogito
1. That's an example of someone less powerful using his intelligence to win the battle per kmc rules. Of course you don't like it. It destroys your logic.

You compared a one-dimensional brick like the Hulk to a guy with the power to restored 98.7% of the multiverse. That destroys logic for sure kinda

quanchi112
You compared a one-dimensional brick like the Hulk to a guy with the power to restored 98.7% of the multiverse. That destroys logic for sure kinda You said the powerful guy wins. Herc's offensive game was punching just like the Hulk except at least he thunderclaps occasionally. So yes it fits.

Also it was the universe not the multiverse.

You don't seem knowledgeable enough to even get the context right. This isn't a combat feat either.

Cogito
You said the powerful guy wins. Herc's offensive game was punching just like the Hulk except at least he thunderclaps occasionally. So yes it fits.

You don't seem knowledgeable enough to even get the context right. This isn't a combat feat either.

Quan, you just don't know when to stop.

You know the universe/multiverse comments are debatable in CW. It was referred to as both universal and multiversal. Even if it was universal, it's greater power than RKT has.

And are you shitting me with this "combat" feat argument? All power showings are relevant. LT doesn't go around punching opponents. TOAA doesn't have any combat feats. Grow up and think like an adult.

quanchi112
Quan, you just don't know when to stop.

You know the universe/multiverse comments are debatable in CW. It was referred to as both universal and multiversal. Even if it was universal, it's greater power than RKT has.

And are you shitting me with this "combat" feat argument? All power showings are relevant. LT doesn't go around punching opponents. TOAA doesn't have any combat feats. Grow up and think like an adult. That isn't a combat feat. It was stated on panel in the issue to be universal. You were wrong. It clearly says the universe.

Lt has shown other abilities than punching. Herc can restore the universe but while injured he lost his powers in doing so. he couldn't do so while locked in battle. We argue based on how they fight. Herc punches.

Thor casts exotic spells along with powerful blasts. Thor wins. He takes his head off.

Cogito
That isn't a combat feat. It was stated on panel in the issue to be universal. You were wrong. It clearly says the universe.

Lt has shown other abilities than punching. Herc can restore the universe but while injured he lost his powers in doing so. he couldn't do so while locked in battle. We argue based on how they fight. Herc punches.

Thor casts exotic spells along with powerful blasts. Thor wins. He takes his head off.

It also clearly says multiverse facepalm2

Indeed, LT has shown powers other than punching. You know who else has? Hercules.

Not that he needs to. He punches RKT to death. laughing out loud

quanchi112
It also clearly says multiverse facepalm2

Indeed, LT has shown powers other than punching. You know who else has? Hercules.

Not that he needs to. He punches RKT to death. laughing out loud When Herc restored iti stated universe. In the same issue. I just posted the scan. Post a scan Herc restored the multiverse then.

Chaos War Herc threw punches. How else can he attack Thor ? Go ahead and tell me. I posted scans to articulate my case you haven't.

Cogito
Took about two seconds to peruse the CK respect thread.

Originally posted by Igniz
Chaos King is a Multiversal Threat.

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j351/igniz5/CKMultiversalThreat.jpg?t=1303108700
Heroic age prince of power#4

Chaos King is a threat to all realities.

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j351/igniz5/CKThreatToTheMU1.jpg?t=1303108150
http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j351/igniz5/CKThreatToTheMU2.jpg?t=1303108392
Chaos War#4

The Chaos King destroyed 98.76% of the Multiverse according to Amadeus Cho.

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j351/igniz5/CKdestroys9876ofthemultiverse.jpg?t=1303188003

Alright!I'm gonna shoot down the argument that The Chaos King only destroyed one Universe, or the saying "616 is a Multiverse" crap argument.I'm gonna use some on panel scenes from Defenders Vol.3 #3 to prove this guys should have believed Amadeus Cho in the first place.

With a shift in the cosmic axis and with some help from his sister Umar, Dormammu defeats 616 Eternity.

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j351/igniz5/Untitled-03.jpg?t=1303188316

It gets better from here.Dormammu plots to recreate the Universe(singular) by going inside Eternity.

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j351/igniz5/Untitled-04.jpg?t=1303188478

But what is this?Dormammu states "Worlds within Worlds"omg_smilie ,"Dimensions folding into themselves!"shocking ,"Entire Universes being born and collapsing into ruin!"shocking ,"And yet I sense that all this--is but the merest fraction of what Eternity is!" eek! Could it be 616 Eternity as an Aspect, still represents Multi-Eternity?Oh wait!Its true!Its damn true!

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j351/igniz5/Untitled-05.jpg?t=1303188526

Remember Dormammu plans to detonate the Heart of Eternity to trigger a "Creation Event".He even describes "Eternal Nothingness and Oceanic Void."He recreates the Multiverse in his own image known as the "Dormammuverse".

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j351/igniz5/Untitled-06.jpg?t=1303189567

Oceanic Void and Eternal nothingness?Doesn't that remind as of someone?Oh yeah! The Chaos King!Chaos King is Multiversal and is the Void in the beginning.Defenders Vol 3 #3 proves that. laughing laughing

Chaos King is blinded the more he consumes.

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j351/igniz5/CKisblindedbyhisgrowingdarkness.jpg?t=1303189839

Amadesus explains what the continuum's purpose.And remember Chaotic inflation and what Dormammu said about entire Universes being born.

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j351/igniz5/Amadeusexplainsaboutthecontinuum.jpg?t=1303189905

Hercules confirms Amadeus Cho's 98.76% of the Multiverse is destroyed by the Chaos King via Omniscience.

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j351/igniz5/HerculesConfirmsAmadeusCho.jpg?t=1303190059

The Chaos King's Minions attacks.

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j351/igniz5/ckminionsattacks1.jpg?t=1303190161
http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j351/igniz5/ckminionsattacks2.jpg?t=1303190204
http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j351/igniz5/ckminionattacks3.jpg?t=1303190238

Chaos King's final assault.

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j351/igniz5/ckfinalassault1.jpg?t=1303190307
http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j351/igniz5/ckfinalassault2.jpg?t=1303190338
http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j351/igniz5/ckfinalassault3.jpg?t=1303190373
http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j351/igniz5/ckfinalassault4.jpg?t=1303190399
http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j351/igniz5/ckfinalassault5.jpg?t=1303190427
http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j351/igniz5/ckfinalassault6.jpg?t=1303190454
Chaos King threatens all realities.

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j351/igniz5/CKThreatensAllofRealities.jpg?t=1303174705
Okay!Another trip to Marvel History.If anyone here remembers what a Time Bubble is, Fred Van Lente and Greg Pak may have actually used it as a reference on how or what the Chaos King is capable of.here's a description of what a time bubble is.

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/timebubblegalactus.htm

One could say that the Chaos King was turning/turned into a living Time Bubble that was absorbing the Multiverse.
What's left of Creation.

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j351/igniz5/Whatsleftofcreation.jpg?t=1303265714

quanchi112
Took about two seconds to peruse the CK respect thread. This isn't the Chaos King this is CW Hercules. Hercules was nothing to the Chaos King. You do seem to be a respect thread debater.

Thor beats the powerful puncher.

Cogito
This isn't the Chaos King this is CW Hercules. Hercules was nothing to the Chaos King. You do seem to be a respect thread debater.

Don't pretend like they're not related.

Either CK destroyed 98.7% of the multiverse and Herc restored it, or CK destroyed 98.7% of the universe and Herc restored it. There is evidence for both because the arc was so stupid and apparently writers don't know what they're doing.

Either way it's a greater display of power than Thor has. You just keep rebutting every demonstration of Herc's vast superiority with "Thor wins" or "Thor wins with powerful blasts"

quanchi112
Don't pretend like they're not related.

Either CK destroyed 98.7% of the multiverse and Herc restored it, or CK destroyed 98.7% of the universe and Herc restored it. There is evidence for both because the arc was so stupid and apparently writers don't know what they're doing.

Either way it's a greater display of power than Thor has. You just keep rebutting every demonstration of Herc's vast superiority with "Thor wins" or "Thor wins with powerful blasts" In the arc Hercules restored the universe. That's what's stated but either way I don't ge hung up on words like universe or multiverse. It doesn't really prove anything.

Herc doesn't restore the universe as an attack and by doing so he'd lose his powers. The tactic won't even affect Rune Thor. Punching won't cut it. Thor takes his head off with a simple spell.

Cogito
Either way it's a greater display of power than Thor has. You just keep rebutting every demonstration of Herc's vast superiority with "Thor wins" or "Thor wins with powerful blasts"

I guess we can add "Thor takes his head off with a simple spell" to the list ermm

quanchi112
I guess we can add "Thor takes his head off with a simple spell" to the list ermm I am citing a specific battle tactic Thor used. You keep citing examples Herc didn't use in combat as proof.

Cogito
I've seen Wolverine stab people, does that mean he stabs Herc here? I'm citing a specific battle tactic Wolverine used.

quanchi112
I've seen Wolverine stab people, does that mean he stabs Herc here? I'm citing a specific battle tactic Wolverine used. So you don't see as Rune Thor as having the necessary power to hurt Herc ? I guess all Odin's feats of power and the notion Thor was superior to Odin in this arc proves nothing. Wolverine, dude. Wow.

elcarloz
"he was the most powerful skyfather"..

quanchi112
Originally posted by elcarloz
"he was the most powerful skyfather".. I never once said Thor was more powerful. laughing out loud

rotiart
I never once said Thor was more powerful. laughing out loud

thumb up

elcarloz
When Herc restored iti stated universe. In the same issue. I just posted the scan. Post a scan Herc restored the multiverse then.

Chaos War Herc threw punches. How else can he attack Thor ? Go ahead and tell me. I posted scans to articulate my case you haven't.

elcarloz
kamehameha? hahaha

carver9
Wait a minute...Herc didn't restore "all" of the damage CK did. There was some damage that Herc could not fix IIRC.

quanchi112
Originally posted by elcarloz
?

Tar-Antado
CK and CK Herc are 2 of the most retarded characters ever. That being said, RKT is nowhere near CK Herc. He loses horribly.

ozz81
^^ cool ... was CK Herc Omniscient by any chance?

Igniz
You said the powerful guy wins. Herc's offensive game was punching just like the Hulk except at least he thunderclaps occasionally. So yes it fits.

You know what people seem to forget when using this scan?Herc isn't SuperGod anymore after restoring everything(Multiverse) in this scene.He even got hurt when his palm colided with Amadeus Cho.I can post scan of Herc saying "Multiverse" or "all-reality" here.And all of them were the time he still possessed SuperGod Powers.And Herc#1 now states Amadeus had a portion of the SuperGod Powers he gave to Herc.The Watcher even now backs up Amadeus Cho's statements.

zopzop
Originally posted by ozz81
^^ cool ... was CK Herc Omniscient by any chance?

I'd say yes :
http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/6469/1513702chaoswar3015supe.th.jpg

DickBlazer
CWH breathes and wrecks RKT nicely

quanchi112
You know what people seem to forget when using this scan?Herc isn't SuperGod anymore after restoring everything(Multiverse) in this scene.He even got hurt when his palm colided with Amadeus Cho.I can post scan of Herc saying "Multiverse" or "all-reality" here.And all of them were the time he still possessed SuperGod Powers.And Herc#1 now states Amadeus had a portion of the SuperGod Powers he gave to Herc.The Watcher even now backs up Amadeus Cho's statements. He knows what he just did. He clearly says the word universe. You can cite something in another comic but in this one he clearly after restoring everything uses the word universe.

MightySAXON
I personally think that CW herc has feats to support the opinions of the people who think CW herc would win. THis is a fine argument because there were two or three comics where hercules pulled off many awesome feats, but he could not defeat the chaos king without thors help (the lightning blast that bought herc the time). RKT on the other hand, his greatest feat was breaking ragnarok and putting fear into Surtur who is not afraid of anything. With that said there really is not enough data to say RKT could win, but he was above Odin and with his strength and combat skills and potential I do agree he could have been at CW herc level, but the arc was too small to give it a chance to tell.

Mindset
Surtur is afraid of Doom.

rotiart
He knows what he just did. He clearly says the word universe. You can cite something in another comic but in this one he clearly after restoring everything uses the word universe.

And though I argue all he did was restore a universe...

I still think it was more impressive then what Thor did.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.