Specter vs Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Brockalizer
Specter, with full backing of the presence.

vs

Superman, with cosmic armor and a 48 hour sun dip.

quanchi112
Spectre stomps.

Cogito
Fully backed Spectre is a legend that doesn't exist.

The sundip couldn't matter less to CA Superman.

Superman wins.

lilshogun
Spectre.Originally posted by Brockalizer

vs

quanchi112
Originally posted by Cogito

Superman wins. Based on what ?

Cogito
Originally posted by quanchi112
Based on what ?

What are you referring to?

Endless Mike
CA Superman basically says "my story is better so I win". Spectre's story isn't as good...

Galan007
CA Superman>Mandrakk I>>Mandrakk II>>>Spectre/Radiant combined. So there's that...

Not sure what a 'fully backed' Spectre is, doh. srug

quanchi112
What are you referring to? How does Superman win ?

Cogito
How does Superman win ?

By being more powerful than Mandrakk I, which Spectre wasn't.

quanchi112
By being more powerful than Mandrakk I, which Spectre wasn't. How me matched up to Mandrakk is irrelevant to how he will match up to the Spectre.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Galan007 CA Superman>Mandrakk I>>Mandrakk II>>>Spectre/Radiant combined. So there's that... Not sure what a 'fully backed' Spectre is, doh. srug

this.

Cogito
How me matched up to Mandrakk is irrelevant to how he will match up to the Spectre.

Ok, if going by a reference point doesn't work...how does Spectre win?

quanchi112
Ok, if going by a reference point doesn't work...how does Spectre win? Turning him into salt. It worked before.

Cogito
Turning him into salt. It worked before.

When was CA Superman turned into salt?

quanchi112
When was CA Superman turned into salt? I didn't say Cosmic Armor Superman was I said Superman was. I think the Spectre has the power to do so. But that's probably out of character since Asmodel isn't bonded to him. If it's dov Spectre who is my favorite Spectre I'd say gathering enough power for the kill like against Nabu. He could turn him into mouse as well imo sans Ps.

Cogito
How me matched up to Mandrakk is irrelevant to how he will match up to the Spectre.

lol Irony

quanchi112
lol Irony Does Mandrakk have the same powers as the Spectre ? Nope.

Cogito
Let me fill in the gaps for you.

How he Spectre matched up to Mandrakk Superman is irrelevant to how he will match up to the Spectre CA Superman.

quanchi112
Let me fill in the gaps for you. Then show me Cosmic Armor resisting trasmutation from someone like the Spectre. I took the feat off since it was Asmodel but since you insist.

Cogito
Quan, the burden of proof is on you to show that it can work on CA Superman. I don't need to prove a negative.

But...CA Superman, by definition, instantly adapts to any attack. Transmutation included.

And if Spectre could just transmute any opponent into salt, he probably would. But since he doesn't, one logically assumes that he can't.

quanchi112
Quan, the burden of proof is on you to show that it can work on CA Superman. I don't need to prove a negative.

But...CA Superman, by definition, instantly adapts to any attack. Transmutation included.

And if Spectre could just transmute any opponent into salt, he probably would. But since he doesn't, one logically assumes that he can't. I proved it already worked. If you can't prove the cosmic armor can resist then you don't have anything. This was fun.

That's hyperbole. It's like saying Odin is omnipotent. In comics bfr suddenly isn't used on Doomsday that doesn't mean darkseid lost the ability to bfr his opponents.

Cogito
I proved it already worked. If you can't prove the cosmic armor can resist then you don't have anything. This was fun.

laughing out loud

You're pretending Superman and CA Superman are one in the same. They're not.

quanchi112
laughing out loud

You're pretending Superman and CA Superman are one in the same. They're not. I never said they were but if you think the tactic won't work you need to prove it. Your argument is based on hyperbole. Odin is omnipotent, right ?

-Pr-
Quan, stop being so bloody stupid.

quanchi112
Originally posted by -Pr-
Quan, stop being so bloody stupid. Hey, it's a fair point. If we give the cosmic armor the hyperbole benefit why not Odin ?

Cogito
I never said they were but if you think the tactic won't work you need to prove it. Your argument is based on hyperbole. Odin is omnipotent, right ?

One never needs to prove that a strategy won't work.

The Cosmic Armor, by definition, adapts to anything. Superman inside of it defeating a being that was explicitly more powerful than the Spectre. You have yet to address that point, and since I know you won't, I'm not going to lose any sleep waiting.

-Pr-
Hey, it's a fair point. If we give the cosmic armor the hyperbole benefit why not Odin ?

No, it isn't a fair point, so seriously, stop it. Even Bada won't put up with this stupidity.

quanchi112
One never needs to prove that a strategy won't work.

The Cosmic Armor, by definition, adapts to anything. Superman inside of it defeating a being that was explicitly more powerful than the Spectre. You have yet to address that point, and since I know you won't, I'm not going to lose any sleep waiting. Look you are welcome to your opinion. This is all debatable but my point stands. I for one don't see Ca being able to adapt to anything. If you feel it adapts to the Presence and beats the Presence that's your right as a poster. I disagree.

This is the Spectre backed by the Presence. I know it doesn't exist but for the purposes of the thread you are asking me to believe Ca is more powerful than the Presence. I disagree. Nothing really more to say.

quanchi112
No, it isn't a fair point, so seriously, stop it. Even Bada won't put up with this stupidity. Well, I just said I don't see it being able to adapt to the Presence's power which is in play here. But fine. You want to use mod powers we just disagree.

Cogito
Since a "fully backed Spectre" doesn't exist on panel, I'm not assuming such a character is the Presence's equal.

The Presence would beat CA Superman, if that helps you sleep.

quanchi112
Since a "fully backed Spectre" doesn't exist on panel, I'm not assuming such a character is the Presence's equal.

The Presence would beat CA Superman, if that helps you sleep. It's a theoretical thread. It's like saying Henshaw with a sun dip.

-Pr-
Well, I just said I don't see it being able to adapt to the Presence's power which is in play here. But fine. You want to use mod powers we just disagree.

If it was just a disagreement I wouldn't have to.

Endless Mike
Presence =/= Spectre

quanchi112
If it was just a disagreement I wouldn't have to. Don't you see my point with regards to this theoretical thread ? I am not saying Loki uses a spell to override it I am saying a Spectre backed Presence does so.

Badabing
No, it isn't a fair point, so seriously, stop it. Even Bada won't put up with this stupidity. mmm

I could be persuaded to. stick out tongue

Cogito
It's a theoretical thread. It's like saying Henshaw with a sun dip.

So you're turning this into CA Superman vs. The Presence, rather than the Spectre.

In that case, the Presence wins. But the Spectre still loses.

quanchi112
So you're turning this into CA Superman vs. The Presence, rather than the Spectre.

In that case, the Presence wins. But the Spectre still loses. I am saying using the powers of the Presence at his disposal I see the Spectre winning.

Prep-Man

In that case, the Presence wins. But the Spectre still loses.

What has Spectre done with the Presence's powers? Didn't Ostrander's Spectre merged with all of creation?

Odekahn
Wasn't Spectre backed by the Presence when he fought CoIE Anti Monitor?

Spectre wins regardless imo.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Odekahn

Spectre wins regardless imo.

He also got an amp when he faced GEB, but it didn't go so well.

quanchi112

Spectre wins regardless imo. I think he's always backed per say since he is his wrath. he was amped by other dc mages iirc.

Brockalizer
Hey, it's a fair point. If we give the cosmic armor the hyperbole benefit why not Odin ? Why stop with Odin? If hyperbole trumps actual feats then Sentry really does have the power of a million exploding suns, or AoD Thanos would shit stomp the entire Superman family in a fight to the death. Why is it that here in the forum what the writer says is gospel truth, but only when talking about Superman or HP Doomsday?

Cogito
Why are people pretending like CA Superman was all hyperbole and that he didn't actually do anything?

Have you people not read Final Crisis (specifically Superman Beyond)?

lilshogun
If it was Alan Moore Swamp Thing run, his spectre was portrayed as all powerful and ended up going against the Dark Beast/Original Darkness. I would take him over Superman cosmic armor.

-Originally posted by Brockalizer

vs

Batman-Prime

Superman wins.

QFT

quanchi112
Originally posted by Brockalizer
Why stop with Odin? If hyperbole trumps actual feats then Sentry really does have the power of a million exploding suns, or AoD Thanos would shit stomp the entire Superman family in a fight to the death. Why is it that here in the forum what the writer says is gospel truth, but only when talking about Superman or HP Doomsday? thumb up

-Pr-
Don't you see my point with regards to this theoretical thread ? I am not saying Loki uses a spell to override it I am saying a Spectre backed Presence does so.

I see your point; it just really makes no tangible sense.

Originally posted by Brockalizer
Why stop with Odin? If hyperbole trumps actual feats then Sentry really does have the power of a million exploding suns, or AoD Thanos would shit stomp the entire Superman family in a fight to the death. Why is it that here in the forum what the writer says is gospel truth, but only when talking about Superman or HP Doomsday?

facepalm

Way to completely miss the point of the topic.

abhilegend
I see your point; it just really makes no tangible sense.

facepalm

Way to completely miss the point of the topic.
Its quan.erm

quanchi112
Originally posted by abhilegend
Its quan.erm Way to take a cheapshot with me on ignore.

erm

Galan007
Wasn't Spectre backed by the Presence when he fought CoIE Anti Monitor? More than normal, you mean? No.

Philosophía
Too...much...stupidity..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.