Order these Supermen from best to worst

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Don Corleone
Make your top 10 list of Supermen from this list.

http://www.toptenz.net/top-10-characters-inspired-by-superman.php

carver9
Is this power level or just the overall character in general?

JakeTheBank
1. Majestic
2. Plutonian
3. Supreme (Moore)
4. Apollo
5. Omni-Man
6. Hyperion
7. Alpha One
8. Astonishman
9. Ultraman
10. Sentry

Galan007
Originally posted by Don Corleone
Make your top 10 list of Supermen from this list.

http://www.toptenz.net/top-10-characters-inspired-by-superman.php In order of personal preference?

If so, mine=
Majestic
Plutonian
Alpha One
Supreme (non-Image)
Ultraman
Omni-Man
Sentry

I know next-to-nothing about Hyperion, Astonishman and Apollo, so I didn't include them in my list.

carver9
I wonder why you all are putting Sentry last? He was an amazing character imo.

Don Corleone
Order of who would take the most wins from each other best to worst guys !

CosmicComet
I don't think Ultraman should count as an inspired character. He was made directly by DC, as an evil counter part.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by carver9
I wonder why you all are putting Sentry last? He was an amazing character imo.

laughing

no expression

carver9
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
laughing

no expression

Lol...I promise you I hate that smiley. Don't use that towards me please. Why don't you like Sentry though? What was wrong with him?

Galan007
Originally posted by CosmicComet
I don't think Ultraman should count as an inspired character. He was made directly by DC, as an evil counter part. ...As an evil counterpart inspired by Superman, no?

CosmicComet
Originally posted by Galan007
...As an evil counterpart inspired by Superman, no?

If you're fine with counting alternate universe versions of characters in such a way, that's your call.

It simply feels misplaced to me.

Put in Captain fuggin Marvel and take off Ultraman.

JakeTheBank
Lol...I promise you I hate that smiley. Don't use that towards me please. Why don't you like Sentry though? What was wrong with him?

He was a crap character?

Damborgson
Sentry was a little *****

Gecko4lif
Replace sentry with glads and you have a pretty good list

carver9
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
He was a crap character?

Naah, especially his first appearance, it was amazing.

Galan007
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Put in Captain fuggin Marvel and take off Ultraman. g_twitch

Naah, especially his first appearance, it was amazing. Sadly, a cool first appearance doesn't outweigh his entire history of being a shitty character.

He could have been used in such better ways.

Cathleen81
I do as of this moment!http://www.infoocean.info/avatar4.jpg

carver9
Originally posted by Galan007
g_twitch

Sadly, a cool first appearance doesn't outweigh his entire history of being a shitty character.

He could have been used in such better ways.

I agree...Marvel did do some things to him that pushed readers away like all the mental changes he had. He was an unstable character but he also had some decent stories and showings like his encounter with Terrax, Genis, Absorbing man, and I'm sure there are more stories that were pretty good. I can see why some people would dislike "some" of his appearances but at Times, Marvel did use him well imo.

jalek moye
I agree...Marvel did do some things to him that pushed readers away like all the mental changes he had. He was an unstable character but he also had some decent stories and showings like his encounter with Terrax, Genis, Absorbing man, and I'm sure there are more stories that were pretty good. I can see why some people would dislike "some" of his appearances but at Times, Marvel did use him well imo.

Yeah, he's a strong character but even in his powerful showings his characterization was a mess and just over all not a well executed character. Even more so with shoving him into other chars backstories as this awesome guy, we all looked up to and wanted to **** or be like.

Existere
He was an unstable character but he also had some decent stories and showings like his encounter with Terrax, Genis, Absorbing man, and I'm sure there are more stories that were pretty good. Not everybody equates 'powerful character' with 'well-written character'.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.