how would you have done the PT differently?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darthmaul1

DARTH POWER
Yes I would have preferred Anakin to be older when they found him. At least 15. It was just so over the top having a 9 year old pilot defeating the droid army.

But then I'm sure 9 year old Ani and Jar Jar gave the film that kiddy element which made it more of a family movie to bring in the sales.

Oh also I would definetely have someone else writing the damn love story! Or just keep it to a minimum like they did in LOTR.

darthmaul1
Lucas can write the story, cause of his vivid imagination, but just someone else should of done the screenplay and script.

queeq
Someone did assist him on AOTC. Sure didn't help the love story.

I for one would have like if the CW would have spanned at least two movies. Maybe even three, like the resistance agains the Empire last three movies in the OT.

Second, Anakin's fall would have be much better, better to understand why he choses the Dark Side. Now it's a weird choice by a spoiled brat to get his way. No, we need to understand why the Dark Side is so attractive, no fall based on a lie which is disclosed the minute Anakin turns.

I would have liked Anakin's fall in Episode II. Episode III would then be about the Jedi purge, as OB1's apprentice goes out to 'hunt down and destroy the Jedi Knight'. And OB1 still believing there's good in Anakin which leads to the climactic fight. Which can be a bit more interesting than the one we had. A fight where even OB1 gets tempted to use anger and ultimately allows Anakin to die a horrible death (which gives Ob1 an angle to feel discomforted about his own actions - hence his discomfort talking about Anakin in ANH). That fight would then nicely mirror Luke's fight with Vader, but he decides to choose not to use violence anymore.

And of course, that would make Luke, as I still see the way it should have been, the real Chosen One. He is the one that once he went down the dark path, it would NOT dominate his destiny. All faith in Anakin would have been in vain... lovely.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by queeq

I would have liked Anakin's fall in Episode II. Episode III would then be about the Jedi purge, as OB1's apprentice goes out to 'hunt down and destroy the Jedi Knight'. And OB1 still believing there's good in Anakin which leads to the climactic fight.

That just would have been too cool. And too consistent with the OT. Especially if the twins were born in Episode 2, considering Leia's line too Luke in ROTJ.

Seriously that's one thing I hate about the PT. The inconsistencies. It's also why I think Anakin should have been at least 15 when they found him. Would have been less kiddish as well.

darthmaul1
Someone did assist him on AOTC. Sure didn't help the love story.

I for one would have like if the CW would have spanned at least two movies. Maybe even three, like the resistance agains the Empire last three movies in the OT.

Second, Anakin's fall would have be much better, better to understand why he choses the Dark Side. Now it's a weird choice by a spoiled brat to get his way. No, we need to understand why the Dark Side is so attractive, no fall based on a lie which is disclosed the minute Anakin turns.

I would have liked Anakin's fall in Episode II. Episode III would then be about the Jedi purge, as OB1's apprentice goes out to 'hunt down and destroy the Jedi Knight'. And OB1 still believing there's good in Anakin which leads to the climactic fight. Which can be a bit more interesting than the one we had. A fight where even OB1 gets tempted to use anger and ultimately allows Anakin to die a horrible death (which gives Ob1 an angle to feel discomforted about his own actions - hence his discomfort talking about Anakin in ANH). That fight would then nicely mirror Luke's fight with Vader, but he decides to choose not to use violence anymore.

And of course, that would make Luke, as I still see the way it should have been, the real Chosen One. He is the one that once he went down the dark path, it would NOT dominate his destiny. All faith in Anakin would have been in vain... lovely.

IMO the love story wasn't really needed, they could of had a relationship, anakin bones padme then shortly after that he turns, just because he wants to be more powerful, and NOT to save padme.
He just becomes evil.
on a sidenote i was watching the behind the scenes on the bluray, about the 30 years of empire. and Lucas was saying he brought in a few phsycatrists to discuss about the reveal of Vader being Lukes father and the affect it may have on kids. they said kids who think it's true can accept it and other who can't accept it would just think vader is lying.
This shows that Lucas even then was thinking about kids and the movie and that train of thought did not start with the PT, Ewoks are a sign of that too.

queeq
Oh there's no doubt about that. But his generation of filmmakers was a lot bolder. Look at Spielberg, would he now have included the bitten off leg in Jaws? Or the propellor kill in Raiders? Of course they had a younger audience in mind, but they were a lot less oversensitive to the kiddie minds. And yes, Ewoks are the beginning of Jar Jar...

C-3POTheClever
Originally posted by darthmaul1
Lucas can write the story, cause of his vivid imagination, but just someone else should of done the screenplay and script. BTW, this is kind of off topic, but is Darth Maul your favourite character in star wars?

C-3POTheClever
I mostly agree with those idea's I think though; in Episode 1, Anakin should also have a brother who appears to disaprove of nakin going away to become a Jedi, just so it'll fit better with what was said in the OT.

C-3POTheClever

Have clone wars movies after Episode 2? There's a problem there! There's got to be 3 prequels, because the originals were titled 4 5 & 6, so it needed to be 3 episodes to complete the saga.

queeq
No no... the clone wars should not have started at the end of Episode Two... but perhaps at the end op EPI or even have started during EPI...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.