Black Bolt vs Thor - To the Death

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
1. CIS ON-Fight to the Death

2. CIS OFF-Fight to the Death

Both will use everything they have to win. The King vs The God.

JakeTheBank
Thor in both. Good fights, though.

Starscream M
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Thor in both. Good fights, though. hmm, can you explain why you said Gladiator loses both but Thor wins both?

Nihilist
Originally posted by Starscream M
hmm, can you explain why you said Gladiator loses both but Thor wins both? Thor>>>>>Gladiator,simple.

JakeTheBank
hmm, can you explain why you said Gladiator loses both but Thor wins both?

Sure can.

Thor > Gladiator. It's been shown and stated in comics more than once, so that's good enough for me. Not only does Thor beat Gladiator for the majority, but Thor's powerset and abilities are better catered for dealing with Black Bolt than vice versa. It doesn't hurt that he also has a win over him, as well.

Starscream M
Sure can.

Thor > Gladiator. It's been shown and stated in comics more than once, so that's good enough for me. Not only does Thor beat Gladiator for the majority, but Thor's powerset and abilities are better catered for dealing with Black Bolt than vice versa. It doesn't hurt that he also has a win over him, as well. you assumed BB's scream could take out gladiator

why wouldn't it work on thor...who's much slower than gladiator and has even less chance of moving out of range of such a devastating scream

Damborgson
Thor wins both.

Thor's lack of restraint > Black Bolts Lack of Restraint

Starscream M
Originally posted by Damborgson
Thor wins both.

Thor's lack of restraint > Black Bolts Lack of Restraint BB screams...thor's KOed.

JakeTheBank
you assumed BB's scream could take out gladiator

why wouldn't it work on thor...who's much slower than gladiator and has even less chance of moving out of range of such a devastating scream

Mjolnir.

Existere
Thor wins both.

Thor's lack of restraint > Black Bolts Lack of Restraint I'm not sure what you're trying to say here, but I'm pretty sure you're saying it wrong, and I'm pretty sure I disagree...

I think Thor definitely wins with CIS on, and probably with CIS off.

Starscream M
Mjolnir. mjolnir cannot block a scream jake. mjolnir is not a deus ex device that you make pull stuff outta your behind just to hand thor a victory. erm

Damborgson
BB screams...thor's KOed.

Black Bolt Screams, Thor raises Mjolnir, Thor goes through the scream, Thor crams Mjolnir down Black Bolts throat.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Existere

I think Thor definitely wins with CIS on, and probably with CIS off. CIS on, ok I can see thor winning. CIS off, and both aiming to kill, how do you see thor winning when BB can unleash a fullon scream at thor the second battle begins?

Damborgson
I'm not sure what you're trying to say here, but I'm pretty sure you're saying it wrong, and I'm pretty sure I disagree...

I think Thor definitely wins with CIS on, and probably with CIS off.

I'm saying that when the gloves come off, and they both go at it with all they have, Thor's raw power will trump Black Bolts. Sorry for the confusion.

JakeTheBank
mjolnir cannot block a scream jake. mjolnir is not a deus ex device that you make pull stuff outta your behind just to hand thor a victory. erm

Black Bolt's scream isn't just a "scream". I'd suggest looking into the character and how his powers work.

mjolnir is not a deus ex device

baka Based on feats and capabilities, it certainly is at times.

pull stuff outta your behind just to hand thor a victory. erm

Well, the thing is, Mjolnir has the feats to suggest that it can defend against such an attack. Not sure how that's pulling anything out of my behind.

Existere
CIS on, ok I can see thor winning. CIS off, and both aiming to kill, how do you see thor winning when BB can unleash a fullon scream at thor the second battle begins? Because at the end of the day, Thor has used Mjolnir to redirect, block and absorb not only a ridiculously wide variety of energy attacks, but also greater amounts of energy than Black Bolt's voice has ever displayed (though we've never gotten feats for an unfettered scream, I doubt it matches up to the bomb that Thor absorbed that was going to blow up a fifth of the universe... or something)

Thor, especially CISless, is just a really solid character to counter any energy-based powerhouses, such as BB.

That being said, Black Bolt's voice is much more than a basic energy blast, and is actually tied to his ability to manipulate electrons in objects. We've never seen Thor counter Black Bolt's voice, so this is speculation, hence the 'probably'. If Thor can't deal with the way that BB's voice manipulates the environment for widescale destruction, than Odinson goes down.

Starscream M

Well, the thing is, Mjolnir has the feats to suggest that it can defend against such an attack. o'rly...please show me an incident of such roll eyes (sarcastic)

dmills
Because at the end of the day, Thor has used Mjolnir to redirect, block and absorb not only a ridiculously wide variety of energy attacks, but also greater amounts of energy than Black Bolt's voice has ever displayed (though we've never gotten feats for an unfettered scream, I doubt it matches up to the bomb that Thor absorbed that was going to blow up a fifth of the universe... or something)

Thor, especially CISless, is just a really solid character to counter any energy-based powerhouses, such as BB.

That being said, Black Bolt's voice is much more than a basic energy blast, and is actually tied to his ability to manipulate electrons in objects. We've never seen Thor counter Black Bolt's voice, so this is speculation, hence the 'probably'. If Thor can't deal with the way that BB's voice manipulates the environment for widescale destruction, than Odinson goes down.

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/gifs/clap.gif

Starscream M
Because at the end of the day, Thor has used Mjolnir to redirect, block and absorb not only a ridiculously wide variety of energy attacks, but also greater amounts of energy than Black Bolt's voice has ever displayed (though we've never gotten feats for an unfettered scream, I doubt it matches up to the bomb that Thor absorbed that was going to blow up a fifth of the universe... or something)

That being said, Black Bolt's voice is much more than a basic energy blast, and is actually tied to his ability to manipulate electrons in objects. We've never seen Thor counter Black Bolt's voice, so this is speculation, hence the 'probably'. If Thor can't deal with the way that BB's voice manipulates the environment for widescale destruction, than Odinson goes down. I honestly don't see Mjolnir blocking BB's voice instantly...now, if thor were completely prepared, I could see him concentrating perhaps to make Mjolnir be able to absorb something akin to a scream, but in this fight he does not have the wherewithal to pull that kinda of unpracticed maneuver instantly

JakeTheBank
o'rly...please show me an incident of such roll eyes (sarcastic)

Thor used Mjolnir to prevent the destruction of 1/5 of the Marvel Universe.

Thor used Mjolnir to absorb and redirect the energies of the Null Bomb, which was capable of destroying a galaxy and reignited a sun in the process.

It really helps to know WTF you're talking about before spouting the kind of misinformed nonsense you habitually post.

Starscream M
Thor used Mjolnir to prevent the destruction of 1/5 of the Marvel Universe.

Thor used Mjolnir to absorb and redirect the energies of the Null Bomb, which was capable of destroying a galaxy and reignited a sun in the process.

It really helps to know WTF you're talking about before spouting the kind of misinformed nonsense you habitually post. thanks for those two completely irrelevant examples....you don't even get a cookie for your effort

fact is, thor has never used mjolnir to block soundwaves

abhilegend
thanks for those two completely irrelevant examples....you don't even get a cookie for your effort

BB's scream isn't based on sound-waves.

no expression

Existere
fact is, thor has never used mjolnir to block soundwaves Oh FFS.

All credibility shot.

Surprising nobody.

Damborgson
thanks for those two completely irrelevant examples....you don't even get a cookie for your effort

Sound isn't what Black Bolt uses as his power. Its not like a super powerful sound wave blast from banshee or something.

abhilegend
Oh FFS.

All credibility shot.

Surprising nobody.
His credibility?

Starscream M
Sound isn't what Black Bolt uses as his power. Its not like a super powerful sound wave blast from banshee or something. sound is still part of his scream...its the channel which his electron manipulating powers travel through

JakeTheBank

laughing

He absorbed/contained energy far beyond that of anything we've ever seen Black Bolt perform. Furthermore, Black Bolt's scream isn't "soundwaves". You're portraying him as like Banshee or Black Canary only amplified, and that's not even how his power works.

Fact is, Thor's stopped more powerful attacks than Bolt's scream on panel. Given the kind of energy Mjolnir can effect/absorb/redirect - to say nothing of creating impenetrable shields and vortexes - there's more evidence to suggest he can handle Bolt's scream than there is against it.

Of course, if you actually read Thor stuff, you'd know this.

Hell, you don't even read Inhumans stuff, either.

abhilegend
laughing

He absorbed/contained energy far beyond that of anything we've ever seen Black Bolt perform. Furthermore, Black Bolt's scream isn't "soundwaves". You're portraying him as like Banshee or Black Canary only amplified, and that's not even how his power works.

Fact is, Thor's stopped more powerful attacks than Bolt's scream on panel. Given the kind of energy Mjolnir can effect/absorb/redirect - to say nothing of creating impenetrable shields and vortexes - there's more evidence to suggest he can handle Bolt's scream than there is against it.

Of course, if you actually read Thor stuff, you'd know this.

Hell, you don't even read Inhumans stuff, either.
He reads comics? News to me.

carver9
Black Bolt wins both and correction to someone's post...Thor doesn't have a single win against Gladiator. The only time the two fought, it ended in a stalemate.

Damborgson
sound is still part of his scream...its the channel which his electron manipulating powers travel through

Sound is what triggers the the disruptance in electrons which Is black bolts power, but sound in itself is not something Thor has to worry about. He doesn't need to block the sound waves like you said. Just the resulting blast.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by carver9
Black Bolt wins both and correction to someone's post...Thor doesn't have a single win against Gladiator. The only time the two fought, it ended in a stalemate.

How does he win both when Thor already has a clear win over him?

Masterson Thor almost killed Gladiator and Olsen Thor beat the shit out of prepped and bloodlusted Future! Gladiator.

carver9
How does he win both when Thor already has a clear win over him?

Masterson Thor almost killed Gladiator and Olsen Thor beat the shit out of prepped and bloodlusted Future! Gladiator.

Black Bolt has defeated almost everyone that comes his way, Thor will be no different.

Masterson Thor was on the losing end against Gladiator and won via plot.

Thor fought a Gladiator from a different timeline. Doesn't count for the real Gladiator. We don't know what type of change POWER WISE this Gladiator could have went through. Now Thor and the REAL Glads did fight and it ended in a stalemate with both complimenting each others power.

JakeTheBank
Black Bolt has defeated almost everyone that comes his way, Thor will be no different.

Masterson Thor was on the losing end against Gladiator and won via plot.

Thor fought a Gladiator from a different timeline. Doesn't count for the real Gladiator. We don't know what type of change POWER WISE this Gladiator could have went through. Now Thor and the REAL Glads did fight and it ended in a stalemate with both complimenting each others power.

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110727182050/random-ness/images/6/6b/Not_Sure_if_Serious_meme.jpg

carver9
Lol

DTM
I do think Thor would beat Black Bolt more than not, and would support Gladiator (who I think it much closer to Thors overall level than some are giving him here) to do the same. Thor and Gladiator are at the upper levels of Marvels non-Cosmic Being class, I dont see BB quite in that same level.

the Darkone
Thor in both, vastly more powerful!

dmills
Originally posted by the Darkone
Thor in both, vastly more powerful!

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/overshoot.gif

vince_slice
I swear, dmills has a GIF for every conceivable situation. laughing out loud

hunbu04
We all know Thor is not invincible. matter of fact Thor is a lightning elemental and yet of multiple occasion Thor with mjonir have fail to block absorb or redirect Zeus thunderbolt.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor in both.

Greysen93
Thor wins

quanchi112
Thor.

D-Block
Thor

Horrificus
Paging Dr. Mjolnir for a Double-Uru Colon Exam!

Um, that's my way of saying "Thor wins".

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q253/ArealSTUPIguy/BlackBoltExam.jpg

PillarofOsiris
Thor wins in both. Fight 2 borders on spite.

Blight
Funny because I feel BB does slightly better in fight 2.

OneDumbG0
^ thumb up

abhilegend
Originally posted by Blight
thumb up

PillarofOsiris

How so? Well, again, I guess some people disagree with me on CIS here, but if Thor was to use his powers intelligently, he would godblast Black Bolt right off the bat and end him. Or BFR him into the middle of the sun, suck his soul out of his body, hit him with a magical lightning bolt thousands of times stronger than a normal lightning bolt at him, or just do this to him:

http://imageshack.us/f/131/91119562kp3.png/

Blight
Originally posted by PillarofOsiris
How so? Well, again, I guess some people disagree with me on CIS here, but if Thor was to use his powers intelligently, he would godblast Black Bolt right off the bat and end him. Or BFR him into the middle of the sun, suck his soul out of his body, hit him with a magical lightning bolt thousands of times stronger than a normal lightning bolt at him, or just do this to him:

http://imageshack.us/f/131/91119562kp3.png/

I feel like it would take longer for him to do any of those things than it would to open your mouth and let your vocals do... well... anything.

Its clearly debatable whether Thor could absorb the powers he emits. I'm inclined to believe he cant. Maybe it's wishful thinking. No big deal.

PillarofOsiris
I feel like it would take longer for him to do any of those things than it would to open your mouth and let your vocals do... well... anything.

Its clearly debatable whether Thor could absorb the powers he emits. I'm inclined to believe he cant. Maybe it's wishful thinking. No big deal.

What's the most destruction his scream has ever done? I'm really not too sure, but the best I've ever seen him do is damage the opposite side of a planet he was on. My point being, if he can't even destroy a planet with his scream, he's not killing Thor right off the bat, even assuming Thor doesn't put a pretty much indestructable shield up and block the scream. Thor has also shown pretty solid super speed.

Blight
Oh wow. I didn't know he had ever actually screamed. I always just thought it was implied.

By the by. I didn't say Thor would lose. I just think bb would do a bit better in fight 2 than 1.

OneDumbG0
^ I wasn't aware Black Bolt screamed more than once myself. The one time being in War of Kings (which was surprisingly underwhelming).

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
^ I wasn't aware Black Bolt screamed more than once myself. The one time being in War of Kings (which was surprisingly underwhelming).

I thought it was a scream, but I'm not sure. I'll see if I can find the issue and get back to you.

Blight
That's surprising. In inhumans didn't he open his mouth and terrify a cosmic entities? That's quite disappointing.

abhilegend
Didn't he screamed and tore a hole in the reality (Rift)?

Damborgson
Originally posted by abhilegend
Didn't he screamed and tore a hole in the reality (Rift)?

That was skrull BB I think

OneDumbG0
^ It was Black Bolt, but it was the Terrigen Bomb's detonation that caused the Fault.

abhilegend
That was skrull BB I think
In war of kings I mean when he along with vulcan were lost in the rift. That was the real BB, no?

Damborgson
Originally posted by abhilegend
In war of kings I mean when he along with vulcan were lost in the rift. That was the real BB, no? Ah. I heard of a similar showing by skrull black bolt. But when I say "heard" I mean I read Carver said it, so probably I better double check or ask around. >_>

Then yes that was the real BB.

carver9
That was the real bolt during War of Kings and the one that ran up on Glads was amped.

dmills

Agreed.

Existere
Black Bolt's voice has been used to tear holes in reality twice: the first, it was the energy that powered one of Reed's machines (in Illuminati). The second time, his scream was absorbed by the Terrigen Bomb in War of Kings, which became far more powerful than it was meant to be, and exploded, tearing a hole in reality.

http://s238.photobucket.com/albums/ff191/Galan_photos/?action=view&current=bb7.jpg

See how the bomb is saying 'integrity compromised, energy overload'?

Plus Vulcan was obliterated (but not dead, which really serves as a feat for him more than Black Bolt). Vulcan was an omega-level energy manipulator with some really solid feats under his belt.

Aside from the lack of collateral damage to the ship -which I attribute to the Terrigen Bomb - I wouldn't call BB's one scream underwhelming. Maybe not as high a feat as we would have pictured, but not too bad all in all.

iceman24567
Thor

OneDumbG0
Black Bolt's voice has been used to tear holes in reality twice: the first, it was the energy that powered one of Reed's machines (in Illuminati). The second time, his scream was absorbed by the Terrigen Bomb in War of Kings, which became far more powerful than it was meant to be, and exploded, tearing a hole in reality.

http://s238.photobucket.com/albums/ff191/Galan_photos/?action=view&current=bb7.jpg

Plus Vulcan was obliterated (but not dead, which really serves as a feat for him more than Black Bolt). Vulcan was an omega-level energy manipulator with some really solid feats under his belt.

Aside from the lack of collateral damage to the ship -which I attribute to the Terrigen Bomb - I wouldn't call BB's one scream underwhelming. Maybe not as high a feat as we would have pictured, but not too bad all in all. Based on what mere whispers have done, I expected a fully borne scream to cause a catastrophe on the level of the Fault by itself. And yes, I am not caring to hide my disappointment.

Existere
Based on what mere whispers have done, I expected a fully borne scream to cause a catastrophe on the level of the Fault by itself. And yes, I am not caring to hide my disappointment. Fair enough.

I just think it was an awkward setting to finally unleash some fabled major energy attack.

I was hoping it was going to be more of a nuke in the War of Kings story... like, rather than have a Terrigen Bomb as the last ditch plan, it would have just been Black Bolt finally letting loose.

...meh

OneDumbG0
Fair enough.

I just think it was an awkward setting to finally unleash some fabled major energy attack.

I was hoping it was going to be more of a nuke in the War of Kings story... like, rather than have a Terrigen Bomb as the last ditch plan, it would have just been Black Bolt finally letting loose.

...meh thumb up

I think I spent all of 30 minutes trying to think up some way for that scene not being a scream. Couldn't do it.

Horrificus
Originally posted by PillarofOsiris
What's the most destruction his scream has ever done? I'm really not too sure, but the best I've ever seen him do is damage the opposite side of a planet he was on. My point being, if he can't even destroy a planet with his scream, he's not killing Thor right off the bat, even assuming Thor doesn't put a pretty much indestructable shield up and block the scream. Thor has also shown pretty solid super speed. And, what's keeping Thor from just teleporting away, and popping back up behind BB?

OneDumbG0
^ He's never once fought like Nightcrawler to my knowledge.

Horrificus
^ He's never once fought like Nightcrawler to my knowledge. Well, I also don't see BB STARTING the fight with a Scream.

OneDumbG0
^ We've seen him end a fight with a scream though.

WhiteWitchKing

Aside from the lack of collateral damage to the ship -which I attribute to the Terrigen Bomb - I wouldn't call BB's one scream underwhelming. Maybe not as high a feat as we would have pictured, but not too bad all in all.

The Terrigen Bomb didn't absorb his scream. That bomb was already powered by his scream meant to unleash the mist upon the Shi'Ar galaxy once it detonates. So yeah, that fault was the result of Black Bolt's stored scream.

Horrificus
^ We've seen him end a fight with a scream though. If he doesn't start the fight with a scream, Thor will end it.

The only way for BB to win, possibly, is with his voice. Thor has a lot of ways in which he can win. This is just a fact.

carver9
Black Bolt is a physical beast as well and the scream isn't the only way he can win. He can physically hang with Thor and I can see his electron blast damaging Thor as well along with his many other attacks. This is a guy that created numerous of black holes with just a thought.

Horrificus
Black Bolt is a physical beast as well and the scream isn't the only way he can win. He can physically hang with Thor and I can see his electron blast damaging Thor as well along with his many other attacks. This is a guy that created numerous of black holes with just a thought. Admit it carver! Verily, thou art wearing Black Bolt Pajamas right now, aren't thou?! Or, mayhap thine little sister's black ballet leotard!

And, thou hast most probably duct-taped a salad fork to thine misshapen forehead!

Admit it, Base Villain!!

big grin

dmills
thumb up

I think I spent all of 30 minutes trying to think up some way for that scene not being a scream. Couldn't do it.

Word. Oddly enough, I've seen peeps on here actually arguing that it wasn't a full on yell. Cognitive dissonance I guess.

^ He's never once fought like Nightcrawler to my knowledge.

laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.