Acid dousing in Pakistan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Omega Vision
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-17676542

I've not heard of this before now. Crazy, heartbreaking stuff. I don't think this is just a matter of "ugh, Muslims" though, since Hindus in Northern India are just as bad with their dowry murders.

I think it's just a northern subcontinental thing.

Mairuzu
I wonder if thats how Chris Brown felt also.

Robtard
Barbarians.

Major_Lexington
this is bad

jaden101
Happens a lot in Africa as well. most high profile case in the UK is of Katie Piper who was a total babe and even after the acid attack would still get a 4 finger vigorous poke from me

lil bitchiness
Misogyny...and revenge. And barbarism. And jealousy.

Robtard
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
Misogyny...and revenge. And barbarism. And jealousy.

Sounds biblical.

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by Robtard
Sounds biblical.

Expect God's wrath for your insensitive observation. God is all merciful. Amin.

Lord Lucien
I think there was something in the news recently about a girl who survived an acid attack a while back, but decided to kill herself now after years of surgeries and treatments didn't work.

RE: Blaxican
We need to bring Democracy to these heathen ass countries in the middle east. A McDonalds on every corner will deal with these barbaric acts.

Omega Vision
The sad thing is that this kind of thing happens in democratic India as well.

And yes, for all its faults India is probably the most democratic Asian country with the exception of the far east (Japan, South Korea, etc)

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Omega Vision
The sad thing is that this kind of thing happens in democratic India as well.

And yes, for all its faults India is probably the most democratic Asian country with the exception of the far east (Japan, South Korea, etc) I think you're underestimating the tremendous impact Chicken McNuggets have on spreading peace and civility.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
I think you're underestimating the tremendous impact Chicken McNuggets have on spreading peace and civility.
http://www.forkparty.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/Weird-Mcdonalds-Maharaja-Mac.jpg

Edit: Is cheese okay for Hindu's to eat? I guess if it's water buffalo cheese...

jeffw1999
On that day before going to sleep he said 'you take too much pride in your beauty'. Then in the middle of the night he threw acid on me, and ran away."http://www.hergoods.info/avatar4.jpg

lil bitchiness
I think there was something in the news recently about a girl who survived an acid attack a while back, but decided to kill herself now after years of surgeries and treatments didn't work.

Was this in Pakistan or somewhere in the West?

I think Bangladesh introduced death penalty for acid attacks, but I can't be sure.

Lord Lucien
It was Afghanistan, IRC. I think she was one of the kids who were attacked on their way to school that first made the news like 7-8 years ago.

majid86
Was this in Pakistan or somewhere in the West?

I think Bangladesh introduced death penalty for acid attacks, but I can't be sure.

For someone who is openly anti-islam, why dont you get the hell out of the UAE!?

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by majid86
For someone who is openly anti-islam, why dont you get the hell out of the UAE!?

What does this have to do with the topic?

majid86, this thread is about dousing, not dosing of acid. wink

majid86
still promoting hatred

Shakyamunison
still promoting hatred

I'm glad you have come to realize what you are doing. stick out tongue

Lord Lucien
still promoting hatred Hypocrite.

majid86
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
I'm glad you have come to realize what you are doing. stick out tongue

But im not white though

Shakyamunison
But im not white though
Is the world over complicated to you?

Are books beyond you?

Are you over whelmed by normal topics?

majid86
But im not white though neither do i tell British people to get out of their own country do i now.

Shakyamunison
But im not white though neither do i tell British people to get out of their own country do i now.

But you have told me that you would kill them.

majid86
Nope why would i say that?. Its going to be a reality in 30 years without the need for a race war

Shakyamunison
Nope why would i say that?. Its going to be a reality in 30 years without the need for a race war

What are you know, a prophet?

majid86
Im not an Indian am i?
The biggest butt kissers of White People by far

Shakyamunison
Im not an Indian am i?
The biggest butt kissers of White People by far

Someone please ban this person.

Robtard
No, don't ban him. Majid86's 'white-envy' is hilarious and sad at the same time.

Shakyamunison
No, don't ban him. Majid86's 'white-envy' is hilarious and sad at the same time.

Ya, he is the poster child for what we should NOT be.

Robtard
Ya, he is the poster child for what we should NOT be.

He's pissy and upset he wasn't born "white" and that white-girls reject him. I find that to be hilarious.

lil bitchiness

Seriously, why don't you reverse that statement like :''For someone so anti-British why don't you get the hell out of England''?

Besides, I'm restoring the balance. You're there complaining about the immorality of white British people, threatening Islamic domination, wanting to get rid of all white people there and staying the hell out white areas, and I'm here drinking alcohol, eating pork (yes, sold and allowed for non-muslims) smoking in public, not wearing the head scarf and staying the hell out of Sharja. Balance as Universe intended it.

You know, in Dubai, Muslims are not allowed to buy alcohol, but me, as a non-Muslim am allowed, so Muslims (who cannot get a licence to get alcohol) would ask me to buy alcohol for them from the shop.

Corrupting the Arabian peninsula...one bottle of whiskey at the time.

Robtard
I have some pork for you, baby.

inimalist
You know, in Dubai, Muslims are not allowed to buy alcohol, but me, as a non-Muslim am allowed, so Muslims (who cannot get a licence to get alcohol) would ask me to buy alcohol for them from the shop.

So, I was watching this AJE doc about the heroin trade out of Afghanistan. During it, the journalist described an encounter he had with a smuggler:

First the smuggler showed him all the hash/marijuana he had, which was literally just strewn about the structure they were in, with little effort to hide it. Then he brought out opium, which was really only hidden in the bottom of bags and the like.

Then the smuggler, apparently grinning widely, asked if the journalist wanted to see the "hard stuff". The smuggler moved some furniture and lifted a rug, revealing a secret compartment in the floor. Within the compartment was a single bottle of, iirc, brandy.

Your anecdote totally reminded me of this. So funny to think of from the Western perspective, that someone would be more concerned to be caught with a single bottle of alcohol than with a large weight of opium or cannabis.

Robtard
I'm assuming cos the Qur'an specifically forbids the drinking of alcohol. Not sure what it says about the drugs you noted above.

inimalist
I'm assuming cos the Qur'an specifically forbids the drinking of alcohol. Not sure what it says about the drugs you noted above.

thats sort of exactly it

I've heard people say, pot smoking Muslims that is, that Mohammed was in support of marijuana (which wouldn't be surprising given the time period and location, though I don't know of any specific verses that support this), but for sure, it is the specific regulation against alcohol versus saying nothing specific about various "illegal drugs".

Robtard
Prolly cos Muhammad had cornered the market on marijuana and wanted fools to only do his drug.

Smart business practice, actually.

inimalist
Prolly cos Muhammad had cornered the market on marijuana and wanted fools to only do his drug.

so smart the alcohol industry has employed it 1400 years after his death

Robtard
Indeed. Same can be said for the tabacco juggernaut.

Shakyamunison

If you think about it, alcohol is far more destructive to a society then marijuana. It is the west that has this one all f*cked up.

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by inimalist
So, I was watching this AJE doc about the heroin trade out of Afghanistan. During it, the journalist described an encounter he had with a smuggler:

First the smuggler showed him all the hash/marijuana he had, which was literally just strewn about the structure they were in, with little effort to hide it. Then he brought out opium, which was really only hidden in the bottom of bags and the like.

Then the smuggler, apparently grinning widely, asked if the journalist wanted to see the "hard stuff". The smuggler moved some furniture and lifted a rug, revealing a secret compartment in the floor. Within the compartment was a single bottle of, iirc, brandy.

Your anecdote totally reminded me of this. So funny to think of from the Western perspective, that someone would be more concerned to be caught with a single bottle of alcohol than with a large weight of opium or cannabis.

Hah. Yeah, it is.

I always wondered actually how the entire opium thing works within Afghanistan. I know that much of it is grown in Afghanistan and moved to be sold outside of it, but I always wondered how the whole thing worked, as in, were the punishments higher for opium or for alcohol for example. Is it illegal but tolerated?

From the story you just told, the penalty is probably harsher for alcohol if one goes to such lengths to hide it. Still...very weird from Western perspective.

Omega Vision
Hah. Yeah, it is.

I always wondered actually how the entire opium thing works within Afghanistan. I know that much of it is grown in Afghanistan and moved to be sold outside of it, but I always wondered how the whole thing worked, as in, were the punishments higher for opium or for alcohol for example. Is it illegal but tolerated?

From the story you just told, the penalty is probably harsher for alcohol if one goes to such lengths to hide it. Still...very weird from Western perspective.
I know that a lot of American soldiers have been caught smuggling it back to the States.

And that the Taliban are profiting from it, IIRC a total reversal of their earlier policy prior to the American intervention.

lil bitchiness
Yeah, I can believe it.

No God stands mightier than the dollar, it seems.

Omega Vision
Even more interesting are the allegations that the Iranians may now be funding and equipping the Taliban...

...if true, it's a great example of why no one should invade Afghanistan: nothing makes sense and everyone will send weapons to everyone.

It's why Tsarist Russia never invaded. They knew the British, Germans, and Turks would screw them.

Lord Lucien
...if true, it's a great example of why no one should invade Afghanistan: nothing makes sense and everyone will send weapons to everyone. You kidding? Look at how many stories and fun tales we get from Afghanistan. If we stopped invading, the world would become just a little more boring.

Shakyamunison
You kidding? Look at how many stories and fun tales we get from Afghanistan. If we stopped invading, the world would become just a little more boring.

I think I could handle that boringness. wink

Stoic
Sounds like some shit that an emotionally insecure, immature, and jealous little man would do. I would say something like, "Those women in those countries should take back their power". Except for the fact that most of them never had any to begin with. Thus they should fight for their rights to be beautiful, and comfortable in their own skins, without the fear of some cowardly guy dousing them with acid or some other ghastly form of mutilation. In general, I have found that even in the United States when it comes to accounts of domestic abuse, that the people causing the abuse are under the assumption that they hold a form of ownership over their spouses or fiancees, when they technically don't even own the hair on their heads. I just find it strange that these things have been going on for years, and only now are they thinking of passing laws to stop this form of abuse.

Lord Lucien
Only now are enough them considering that this form of abuse is actually abuse. "Enough" being used loosely here.

majid86
Seriously, why don't you reverse that statement like :''For someone so anti-British why don't you get the hell out of England''?

Besides, I'm restoring the balance. You're there complaining about the immorality of white British people, threatening Islamic domination, wanting to get rid of all white people there and staying the hell out white areas, and I'm here drinking alcohol, eating pork (yes, sold and allowed for non-muslims) smoking in public, not wearing the head scarf and staying the hell out of Sharja. Balance as Universe intended it.

Corrupting the Arabian peninsula...one bottle of whiskey at the time.

Please stop talking rubbish

I was born in the UK and have lived here all my life, The UK is my country and im not going anywhere so your gonna have to deal with that or do something about it.

So unless David Cameron is actually your hero Nick Griffin in disguise , where not going anywhere but you will be outnumbered within 20 or 30 years and im so happy that it will happen without having to lift a finger and so quickly

This is punishment for colonising India for around 200 years.
Queen Victoria must be spinning in her grave LOL

lil bitchiness
And my Arab brothers and sisters are enjoying the Westernism here, such as drinking, ignoring prayer time in favour of coffee breaks, shisha or general shopping. And they love it. And that's ok too. They like me being here for furthering their lavish lifestyles and I like the wage they give me. Win-win situation.

Jewish, Christian and Pagan Arabs didn't want to leave their native lands of Arabia either, but then they had to cos they all got killed or expelled.

Wanna hear a fun fact? Abaya with niqab here are, unlike in England, worn exclusively by Arab women. If a Pakistani or an Indian Muslim woman or any other non-Arab (this includes Egyptians, Jordanians and others) wear it, it's looked down upon with a manner of ''Are you trying to be Arab? You're pathetic''.

I can't tell who's under the Abaya, but apparently local women can. Something to do with what kind of perfume you wear and how you smell.
True story.

majid86
I guess we will both see in 30 years who win rule the UK but im pretty sure that my people will be the overall winners.

It wont be easy but im sure the White British population will FINALLY become a ethnic minority.

As far as Indians are concerned, i wish that they more Indian Muslims here in the UK not those stupid Fake Hindus/Sikhs/Christians Indians who kiss White British Butts so much and all the time. They are brown outside, white inside i will never have any respect for them.

And btw you are NOT an Arab

Omega Vision
Is Majid still talking?
And my Arab brothers and sisters are enjoying the Westernism here, such as drinking, ignoring prayer time in favour of coffee breaks, shisha or general shopping. And they love it. And that's ok too. They like me being here for furthering their lavish lifestyles and I like the wage they give me. Win-win situation.

Jewish, Christian and Pagan Arabs didn't want to leave their native lands of Arabia either, but then they had to cos they all got killed or expelled.

Wanna hear a fun fact? Abaya with niqab here are, unlike in England, worn exclusively by Arab women. If a Pakistani or an Indian Muslim woman or any other non-Arab (this includes Egyptians, Jordanians and others) wear it, it's looked down upon with a manner of ''Are you trying to be Arab? You're pathetic''.

I can't tell who's under the Abaya, but apparently local women can. Something to do with what kind of perfume you wear and how you smell.
True story.
Interesting, I thought that Egyptians had been considered Arabs for centuries now.

lil bitchiness
I guess we will both see in 30 years who win rule the UK but im pretty sure that my people will be the overall winners.

It wont be easy but im sure the White British population will FINALLY become a ethnic minority.

As far as Indians are concerned, i wish that they more Indian Muslims here in the UK not those stupid Fake Hindus/Sikhs/Christians Indians who kiss White British Butts so much and all the time. They are brown outside, white inside i will never have any respect for them.

And btw you are NOT an Arab
Of course I'm not an Arab. Speaking Arabic doesn't automatically turn you into one, does it?
Also, not being an Arab shouldn't stop me from calling them brothers and sisters, should it? Or perhaps it should in your mind....najis kufar can't possibly befriend and love Arabs.

Weird statement to make, majid. Unless you're a Saudi, Kuwaiti, Emarati, Qatari or Yemani, you're not an Arab either. I could be Arabanized though...could be. *enter X-files music*

Either way, your fantasy of taking over England is just that - a fantasy. You seem to underestimate the savagery of Europeans when they snap and do a 180 degrees turn from tolerant society into ''kill, kill, kill.''
Seriously, look at the history.

lil bitchiness
Is Majid still talking?

Interesting, I thought that Egyptians had been considered Arabs for centuries now.

No, they're Egyptians. Them being conquered by Arabs didn't magically turn them into Arabs. Copts don't consider themselves Arab at all. You can call them Arabanized Egyptians as they speak Arabic, but not Arabs.

Lord Lucien
Either way, your fantasy of taking over England is just that - a fantasy. You seem to underestimate the savagery of Europeans when they snap and do a 180 degrees turn from tolerant society into ''kill, kill, kill.''
Seriously, look at the history. Breivik is just the beginning then?

lil bitchiness
Breivik is just the beginning then?

I sincerely hope not. *shudder*
Hopefully the end...

majid86
Egyptians have always been Arabs
There are over 350 millions Arabs living in over 20 countries (i think)

To me if your are an Egyptian/Lebanese Christian or an Egyptian/Lebanese non-Muslim then you are NOT AN ARAB

Ive been mistaken so many times for either being an Indian or Arab so many times over the years especially since i moved to London 5 years ago but i kinda have gotten used to it.

Apart Arab/Indian ive also been callled Sri Lankan, Bangladeshi, Iranian but the funniest thing ive ever be called was Mexican i guess that put me off keeping a Goatee forever

Omega Vision
No, they're Egyptians. Them being conquered by Arabs didn't magically turn them into Arabs. Copts don't consider themselves Arab at all. You can call them Arabanized Egyptians as they speak Arabic, but not Arabs.
Well they've been Arabanized/Abarized for centuries now.

I'm sure the haploid groups are different, but I think (especially since Naseer) the Egyptians have had this notion of Arabicness.

Copts would obviously want to distance themselves from mainstream Muslim Egyptians.

Lord Lucien
Ive been mistaken so many times for either being an Indian or Arab so many times over the years especially since i moved to London 5 years ago but i kinda have gotten used to it. Really? You didn't try to stab them and scream at them for not understanding how amazing you are and how much everybody who isn't like you is evil?

lil bitchiness
Well they've been Arabanized/Abarized for centuries now.

I'm sure the haploid groups are different, but I think (especially since Naseer) the Egyptians have had this notion of Arabicness.

Copts would obviously want to distance themselves from mainstream Muslim Egyptians.

Noone denies that. They have been Arabanized, but they aren't ethnically Arabs. Besides, I personally know many Muslim Egyptians who do not consider themselves to be Arab, but rather Egyptians.

In the Arabian Peninsula there is simply no confusion about who's Arab. Arabs are 'locals'. Everyone else is Jordenian or Egyptian or Lebanese or whatever.
Classifications in the Middle East of who's what do not quite reflect those of the Westerners, surprisingly, but it isn't simple either, I will admit.
I made it simpler than it really is.

lil bitchiness
Egyptians have always been Arabs
There are over 350 millions Arabs living in over 20 countries (i think)

To me if your are an Egyptian/Lebanese Christian or an Egyptian/Lebanese non-Muslim then you are NOT AN ARAB

Ive been mistaken so many times for either being an Indian or Arab so many times over the years especially since i moved to London 5 years ago but i kinda have gotten used to it.

Apart Arab/Indian ive also been callled Sri Lankan, Bangladeshi, Iranian but the funniest thing ive ever be called was Mexican i guess that put me off keeping a Goatee forever

Wait, what?

How can that possibly be? Muslim Lebanese are not Arabs either, they're technically Phoenicians. Following a certain religion doesn't change your ethnicity.

majid86
Of course I'm not an Arab. Speaking Arabic doesn't automatically turn you into one, does it?
Also, not being an Arab shouldn't stop me from calling them brothers and sisters, should it? Or perhaps it should in your mind....najis kufar can't possibly befriend and love Arabs.

Weird statement to make, majid. Unless you're a Saudi, Kuwaiti, Emarati, Qatari or Yemani, you're not an Arab either. I could be Arabanized though...could be. *enter X-files music*

Seriously, look at the history.

Again like i said wait 30 years and im not an Arab at all but i do get mistaken for being one which i find kinda frustrating but sometimes very funny being that i speak 5 languages (English, Potwari, Punjabi, Urdu & Hindi) with Basic Arabic and basic German being the 2 languages i learnt during school.

Mark my words, The South Asians will over take the UK and there is nothing anybody can do about it

Not the EDL , not the BNP, not anybody else.

majid86
Really? You didn't try to stab them and scream at them for not understanding how amazing you are and how much everybody who isn't like you is evil?

Why would i want to do that to them?

Omega Vision
Noone denies that. They have been Arabanized, but they aren't ethnically Arabs. Besides, I personally know many Muslim Egyptians who do not consider themselves to be Arab, but rather Egyptians.

In the Arabian Peninsula there is simply no confusion about who's Arab. Arabs are 'locals'. Everyone else is Jordenian or Egyptian or Lebanese or whatever.
Classifications in the Middle East of who's what do not quite reflect those of the Westerners, surprisingly, but it isn't simple either, I will admit.
I made it simpler than it really is.
As long as people aren't confusing Arabs with Persians, Turks, or South Asians it's no real skin off my nose. stick out tongue

I had a debate with someone on this forum who suggested that Arabs and Turks had no meaningful differences and only agreed that Japan and China were distinct because --get this-- they were separated by the ocean.

Again like i said wait 30 years and im not an Arab at all but i do get mistaken for being one which i find kinda frustrating but sometimes very funny being that i speak 5 languages (English, Potwari, Punjabi, Urdu & Hindi) with Basic Arabic and basic German being the 2 languages i learnt during school.

Mark my words, The South Asians will over take the UK and there is nothing anybody can do about it

Not the EDL , not the BNP, not anybody else.
That's just not true. A far right government could take power in parliament and outlaw immigration from the Subcontinent.

People like you are the only reason anyone even listens to them. Ignorance and intolerance feeds off itself.

majid86
Wait, what?

How can that possibly be? Muslim Lebanese are not Arabs either, they're technically Phoenicians. Following a certain religion doesn't change your ethnicity.

I completely disgree but why i am not accepted as British by White British people themselves? I was born here, grew up here and will probally live gher for the rest of my life.

Is it because im not White?, is it because my parents came from Pakistan as immigrants? Is it because im a Muslim.

Omega Vision
The whole concept of nationalism and/or ethnicity/religion as a means of self-identity is idiotic.

Like, I'll salute the American flag and do the pledge when prompted, but I don't think of America as part of me so much as the country that I happened to be born in and to which I'm a citizen.

It doesn't say anything more about me than that.

majid86
As long as people aren't confusing Arabs with Persians, Turks, or South Asians it's no real skin off my nose. stick out tongue

I had a debate with someone on this forum who suggested that Arabs and Turks had no meaningful differences and only agreed that Japan and China were distinct because --get this-- they were separated by the ocean.

That's just not true. A far right government could take power in parliament and outlaw immigration from the Subcontinent.

People like you are the only reason anyone even listens to them. Ignorance and intolerance feeds off itself.

That will never happen.
BNP/EDL will never get voted into power and i do feel sorry for the stupid people who support them (Lil B) but you just mention mass South Asian immigration which i do fully support BTW

What about the rising ethnic minorities in the UK?

Omega Vision
That will never happen.
BNP/EDL will never get voted into power and i do feel sorry for the stupid people who support them (Lil B) but you just mention mass South Asian immigration which i do fully support BTW

What about the rising ethnic minorities in the UK?
You care way too much about ethnicity. You're really just the other side of the BNP/EDL coin.

majid86
Thats because i want revenge and i will have it

inimalist

So, when the Taliban first took power, it was like OV said, they had massive penalties for anyone involved in opium or marijuana cultivation. It was actually quite effective, but the Taliban didn't control all of Afghanistan, and many of the warlords we now call the "Northern Alliance" were happy to smuggle it out. It generally goes north through the "stans" in central asia, and eventually into Iran, through the Caucuses and into Europe. One of the consequences of this is a huge increase in the use of heroin in Iran.

I can't imagine alcohol had "more" severe penalties than did other drugs, as people would be boiled alive for trafficking drugs by the Taliban, but it is most likely that they had no ideological distinction between alcohol and other substances.

Both marijuana and opium trafficking are now allowed by the Taliban, as they are massive cash crops, however, it is unlikely that alcohol would be as lucrative if it were "decriminalized". I can't imagine the scripture against it would be a huge determinant of their policy if money could be made from producing or selling alcohol, scripture tends to be malleable.

though, Egypt is one of the strongest supporters of political Pan-Arabism.

i speak 5 languages (English, Potwari, Punjabi, Urdu & Hindi) with Basic Arabic and basic German being the 2 languages i learnt during school.

this may be strong evidence against the theory that bilingualism has cognitive benefits.

Omega Vision
Thats because i want revenge and i will have it
By dousing people's faces in acid?

lil bitchiness
So, when the Taliban first took power, it was like OV said, they had massive penalties for anyone involved in opium or marijuana cultivation. It was actually quite effective, but the Taliban didn't control all of Afghanistan, and many of the warlords we now call the "Northern Alliance" were happy to smuggle it out. It generally goes north through the "stans" in central asia, and eventually into Iran, through the Caucuses and into Europe. One of the consequences of this is a huge increase in the use of heroin in Iran.

I can't imagine alcohol had "more" severe penalties than did other drugs, as people would be boiled alive for trafficking drugs by the Taliban, but it is most likely that they had no ideological distinction between alcohol and other substances.

Both marijuana and opium trafficking are now allowed by the Taliban, as they are massive cash crops, however, it is unlikely that alcohol would be as lucrative if it were "decriminalized". I can't imagine the scripture against it would be a huge determinant of their policy if money could be made from producing or selling alcohol, scripture tends to be malleable.

Interesting, thanks. I am not so well informed about this at all, however I think it does demonstrate that in the end, it's all about the money even for 'pious' fundamentalists such as Taliban.

though, Egypt is one of the strongest supporters of political Pan-Arabism.

Yeah it is. Very much so. This is one of the many things that puzzle me about Egypt and Egyptians. I would attribute this to Copts distancing themselves more and more from 'Arabism.
It is as puzzling as the Iranian undying, unwavering hardcore support of the Palestinians. More so than many other 'Arab' countries.

lil bitchiness
I completely disgree but why i am not accepted as British by White British people themselves? I was born here, grew up here and will probally live gher for the rest of my life.

Is it because im not White?, is it because my parents came from Pakistan as immigrants? Is it because im a Muslim.

You ARE British, just as I, if I married a Sheikh, would be an Emarati. I would however never be an ethnic Arab, as I'm not from the Arabian Peninsula.
Equally, by calling yourself British you don't magically turn into an Anglo-Saxon.

You refuse to be British and be called British, but that's another matter.

Omega Vision
Pan-Arabism and/or Pan-Islamism benefits Middle Eastern nations and groups when faced with external threats like the United States or Israel but it's really not all that strong a connection. Especially since just about every Pan-Arab or Pan-Islamic nation or group thinks it should be in charge of the movement.

Saudi Arabia only concedes Pan-Arabism's mantle to Egypt because it's more concerned with Wahhabiism (sp?) and Qadaffi gave up trying to be the leader of Arabs when he realized that he was a small fish in that pond but a big, rich fish in the Pan-African pond.

lil bitchiness
Pan-Arabism and/or Pan-Islamism benefits Middle Eastern nations and groups when faced with external threats like the United States or Israel but it's really not all that strong a connection. Especially since just about every Pan-Arab or Pan-Islamic nation or group thinks it should be in charge of the movement.

Saudi Arabia only concedes Pan-Arabism's mantle to Egypt because it's more concerned with Wahhabiism (sp?) and Qadaffi gave up trying to be the leader of Arabs when he realized that he was a small fish in that pond but a big, rich fish in the Pan-African pond.

Yes, I think this is about right. The sad thing, though, is that Arabs and 'Arabs' don't like each other. The only thing that links them in this is Islam and they can't always agree on that either.

They believe that Caliphate will magically make all their problems go away, but it really will not, nor will it work. We will see...

Omega Vision
Yes, I think this is about right. The sad thing, though, is that Arabs and 'Arabs' don't like each other. The only thing that links them in this is Islam and they can't always agree on that either.

They believe that Caliphate will magically make all their problems go away, but it really will not, nor will it work. We will see...
Do they all at least agree that Cheb Khaled has an amazing singing voice? uhuh

lil bitchiness
Of course! Disagreeing on this would clearly show their lack of musical taste. mhm

majid86
You ARE British, just as I, if I married a Sheikh, would be an Emarati. I would however never be an ethnic Arab, as I'm not from the Arabian Peninsula.
Equally, by calling yourself British you don't magically turn into an Anglo-Saxon.

You refuse to be British and be called British, but that's another matter.

Nope i refuse to be called English not British

To be English means to be White Anglo Saxon but to be British you can come from any background (white, black , asian)

Omega Vision
Nope i refuse to be called English not British

To be English means to be White Anglo Saxon but to be British you can come from any background (white, black , asian)
To be English can mean being born in England.

To be British just means being born on Great Britain.

I have no idea what the term is for people from Northern Ireland since they're not actually British or English.

majid86
Ulster for Northern Ireland

Omega Vision
Of course! Disagreeing on this would clearly show their lack of musical taste. mhm
my favorite of his: scxutliSHYM

Ushgarak
majid, this is your last warning on your racist commentary. Next time I will ban you.

majid86
i didnt say anything racist

Ushgarak
I wasn't inviting a discussion. Change the way you post or you won't be posting at all.

alltoomany
this is nothing new...this kind of stuff happens every day to women over there

Robtard
LoL, people so intolerant and xenophobic of different cultures, who are we to judge?

Shakyamunison
LoL, people so intolerant and xenophobic of different cultures, who are we to judge?

Basic human rights should be more important then culture.

Robtard
Basic human rights should be more important then culture.

Who makes up what "basic human rights" are?

Shakyamunison

God; of course. stick out tongue

I guess the UN, although that has not done the best in the past.

Symmetric Chaos

Whoever you're talking to. I demand my right to own slaves be returned to me!

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Whoever you're talking to. I demand my right to own slaves be returned to me!

Talk to the baby killers.

Robtard
Talk to the baby killers.

The proper nomenclature is "liberals", dude.

Shakyamunison
The proper nomenclature is "liberals", dude.

You win! I can't top that. laughing out loud

AsbestosFlaygon

LOL! This is hilariously true.
A lot of Muslims are heavy drinkers here in Dubai, but they hide behind the veil of their non-Muslim friends. My Muslim friends are regular consumers of alcohol, more so than myself.
You'll find Muslims drinking alcohol in night clubs of hotels.

Back on topic:
This kind of assault seems to be prevalent in South Asia.
I guess it has something to do with culture rather than religion.

inimalist

So, was reading "Taliban" by Amed Rashid, fantastic book written before 9-11, that talks about Afghanistan during the period where the Taliban was coming to power.

Turns out, I was 100% wrong about this. Long story short, opium production under the Taliban increased given the Taliban now provided protection to village farmers, and levied a tax of at least 20% on all opium production. There was a period of months where the Taliban insisted that they would stamp out opium production, but this ended by at least 1997.

Marijuana was totally restricted, and the justification was: Muslims smoke pot, so its cultivation hurt Muslims, but they don't use heroin, so it only hurts Western infidels. Oh, and pot users weren't boiled in water, they were forced to sit in tubs of cold water and were beaten.

Felt I had to clarify...

lil bitchiness
This reminded me of what Russian General said about the mujahedeen in Chechnia :

''How do you defeat an enemy who looks into the barrel of your gun and sees paradise?''

Robtard
This reminded me of what Russian General said about the mujahedeen in Chechnia :

''How do you defeat an enemy who looks into the barrel of your gun and sees paradise?''

Show me your anus, ie paradise.

Omega Vision

Joseph Stalin defeated them, albeit temporarily.

By deporting the entire population to Kazakhstan and Siberia.

Robtard
Joseph Stalin defeated them, albeit temporarily.

By deporting the entire population to Kazakhstan and Siberia.

"In America, foreigners get deported out. In Soviet Russia, foreigners get imported in."

Omega Vision
It was a play right out of the Assyrian Empire's book.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.