Core Invaders vs Batman, Fire, and Aquaman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

namorsubby
The Invaders are Steve Rogers, Jim Hammond, and Namor.

Who Wins?

zopzop
Very close fight. I'm going with Team Two because of AM's TP abilities and Batman's gadgets. Toro will be the last man standing from Team One because he's not even human.

But I can see Team Two overwhelming him.

Team Two 6/10.

namorsubby
Toro is not in this fight.

zopzop
Originally posted by namorsubby
Toro is not in this fight.

Whoopsie confused the two Torches names. Point still stands though. He'll be the last man standing on Team One (he should be immune to Fire's attacks AND AM's TP).

namorsubby
Good point.

I think team two could end up with a slim majority as well.

Prep-Man
Very good battle. Probably sleight edge to team 2.

JakeTheBank
I'd put Aquaman over Namor due to his telepathy, but I'd put Cap and Jim over Bats and Beatriz respectively.

Bouboumaster
Team 1, because Namor crush Aquaman

Prep-Man
Not through tp. Aquaman converts Namor into a couch potato.

zopzop
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Team 12, because NamorAquaman crush AquamanNamor Originally posted by Prep-Man
Not through tp. Aquaman converts Namor into a couch potato.
thumb up
I agree!
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/53838/1210972-jla_004_11_super.jpg

namorsubby
Namors mental resistance is very high, and Orin s tp is very inconsistent, ranging from uber levels to low. Does he even still display that ability?

Also Im not sure, but is fires flame still mystically powered? I believe that has changed, but if not, im not sure whether her flame would affect hammond or not.

Prep-Man
Namors mental resistance is very high, and Orin s tp is very inconsistent, ranging from uber levels to low. Does he even still display that ability?

Also Im not sure, but is fires flame still mystically powered? I believe that has changed, but if not, im not sure whether her flame would affect hammond or not.

But the way Aquaman attacks through mental force is different than say how Emma does it, right?

-Pr-

How is his telepathy inconsistent? If anything, it got consistently more powerful over the years.

And yes, of course he still has telepathy.

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by Prep-Man
But the way Aquaman attacks through mental force is different than say how Emma does it, right?

You are right, if you mean by that that Emma Frost's tp shit all over Aquaman's.

Namor still murder Aquaman

-Pr-
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
You are right, if you mean by that that Emma Frost's tp shit all over Aquaman's.

Namor still murder Aquaman

Your trolling/baiting is impressing nobody.

namorsubby
Originally posted by -Pr-
How is his telepathy inconsistent? If anything, it got consistently more powerful over the years.

And yes, of course he still has telepathy. Namors mental resistance is also consistently displayed. Adam destine, puppet master, symbiotic man, Naga, nereids, etc. when doom controlled the world with purple man, namor was the only person he had to prep against. I remember a defenders issue where namor was the first of a group of hulk,strange, and surfer to overcome an illusion.

What I meant by inconsistent is that he has a few really uber instances on the high end that dont seem to represent the norm. Taking his very high end tp into account, then sure, but otherwise id still give namor the win. His willpower is nothing to scoff at.

-Pr-
Namors mental resistance is also consistently displayed. Adam destine, puppet master, symbiotic man, Naga, nereids, etc. when doom controlled the world with purple man, namor was the only person he had to prep against. I remember a defenders issue where namor was the first of a group of hulk,strange, and surfer to overcome an illusion.

What I meant by inconsistent is that he has a few really uber instances on the high end that dont seem to represent the norm. Taking his very high end tp into account, then sure, but otherwise id still give namor the win. His willpower is nothing to scoff at.

I wasn't talking about Namor, though.

He has more than a few instances of using impressive telepathy (not a lot of low showings), so I don't see why it wouldn't be taken in to account. And Arthur's willpower isn't anything to scoff at either.

zopzop
@Bouboumaster, Pr, Namorsubby

AM wouldn't even need telepathic shenanigans to own Namor (illusions, mental take over, psi-bolt, etc...) he could give him a freaking seizure. How do you defend against that? That AM scan is brutal.

-Pr-
Originally posted by zopzop

AM wouldn't even need telepathic shenanigans to own Namor (illusions, mental take over, psi-bolt, etc...) he could give him a freaking seizure. How do you defend against that? That AM scan is brutal.

he doesn't generally do illusions or take-overs anyway.

namorsubby
I'm not saying hes not a high level telepath, but a few of those showings are shockingly impressive.....not that thats a bad thing.....but its like is this really what I should expect normally? If so, Orin wouldn't even need his team-mates.

namorsubby

AM wouldn't even need telepathic shenanigans to own Namor (illusions, mental take over, psi-bolt, etc...) he could give him a freaking seizure. How do you defend against that? That AM scan is brutal. that doesn't play into namors mental resistance the same way his resistance to mind control, illusions, and mental attacks does?

zopzop
that doesn't play into namors mental resistance the same way his resistance to mind control, illusions, and mental attacks does?

I don't see how it would. How would Namor defend himself against a seizure? It's not like an illusion or mental take over where will power would come into play. And it's not something like a psi bolt where you could "muscle through it" by sheer determination.

-Pr-
I'm not saying hes not a high level telepath, but a few of those showings are shockingly impressive.....not that thats a bad thing.....but its like is this really what I should expect normally? If so, Orin wouldn't even need his team-mates.

I'm not saying he's Martian Manhunter, but then again his telepathy works differently.

Put simply, do you think he can overcome Namor? I'm guessing not, right?

namorsubby
As his tp is displayed in a few instances, almost certainly. Heck, hed solo.

As far as the seizures....I'm sure that it has to have something to do with the mind, since Orin uses tp to perform it. If mental resistance doesn't come into play here, then im confused as to how Orin can use a purely mental ability to perform it.

zopzop
As far as the seizures....I'm sure that it has to have something to do with the mind, since Orin uses tp to perform it. If mental resistance doesn't come into play here, then im confused as to how Orin can use a purely mental ability to perform it.

Because AM would be using his mental abilities to cause a physical reaction in Namor. Illusions, psi bolts and mental take over are mind tricks (they can be disbelieved or resisted by sheer force of will), this is something altogether different.

namorsubby
Because AM would be using his mental abilities to cause a physical reaction in Namor. Illusions, psi bolts and mental take over are mind tricks (they can be disbelieved or resisted by sheer force of will), this is something altogether different. Orins tp is still a mental ability though. Wouldn't it have to start in the mind? Im only speculating, but id figure hed have to at least mentally trigger some sort of brain malfunction to cause the seizure, right? Otherwise, hed have to have bodily control.....i think.

I know orins tp works differently. Something to do with humanity's link with sea-life and having evolved from it(which may apply even more to namor). I might be missing something as far as the specifics though admittedly.......so you could be right.

-Pr-
As his tp is displayed in a few instances, almost certainly. Heck, hed solo.

It's more than just a "few" though, as he's shown everything from standard telepathy to really high end. He's a solid telepath, with good skills. We're not talking instances that happen once a year, here.

Orins tp is still a mental ability though. Wouldn't it have to start in the mind? Im only speculating, but id figure hed have to at least mentally trigger some sort of brain malfunction to cause the seizure, right? Otherwise, hed have to have bodily control.....i think.

I know orins tp works differently. Something to do with humanity's link with sea-life and having evolved from it(which may apply even more to namor). I might be missing something as far as the specifics though admittedly.......so you could be right.

His telepathy works on more than just beings evolved from sea-life.

namorsubby
I admit I dont have that much of a gauge on exactly where Orin's level of tp is at, but I know namor has been shown to be extremely resistant to many forms of high level mental attacks.

As far as the sea-life explanation, I've simply seen that used as a reason for his tp many times. Maybe it's changed? I'm obviously not as educated when it comes to Orin as compared to Namor.lol

namorsubby
Good point.

I think team two could end up with a slim majority as well. I think I'm gonna change my choice here.

I realized that Fire's green flame is no longer mystically powered after the crisis, although it was later upgraded. I'm sure Jim could handle her if neither of their flames can harm one another.

Im still going bruce over steve(barely), and I'm leaning towards Namor over Orin. Even if they struggle for a while with Orin taking the advantage due to tp, I think the 300lb, super-durable, android who tosses guys like rag dolls could dispatch Fire quick enough to help. Not to mention his flame should have a dehydrating effect and he shouldn't be affected by tp(being an android and all).

Having one member resistant to tp and another most likely completely immune puts the advantage with the invaders imo.

Prep-Man
I think I'm gonna change my choice here.

I realized that Fire's green flame is no longer mystically powered after the crisis, although it was later upgraded. I'm sure Jim could handle her if neither of their flames can harm one another.

Im still going bruce over steve(barely), and I'm leaning towards Namor over Orin. Even if they struggle for a while with Orin taking the advantage due to tp, I think the 300lb, super-durable, android who tosses guys like rag dolls could dispatch Fire quick enough to help. Not to mention his flame should have a dehydrating effect and he shouldn't be affected by tp(being an android and all).

Having one member resistant to tp and another most likely completely immune puts the advantage with the invaders imo.

Do you think Namor can get the win if Aquaman had his water hand?

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/4/67877-9517-100875-1-aquaman_large.jpg

abhilegend

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/4/67877-9517-100875-1-aquaman_large.jpg
That's manjobber IIRC.

namorsubby

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/4/67877-9517-100875-1-aquaman_large.jpg along with tp.......no, I dont think so.

namorsubby
Bump.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.