Friday the 13th part VIII ending...wtf?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

steverules_2
Can someone explain to me why Jason suddenly turned into a child? I don't get it

the ninjak
It's been a very long time, but the main girl had memories/or psychic flashes of child Jason attacking her when she was young.

Jason was killed and became a vessel for a demon as a child. Jason has always been a mutated deformed zombie kid.

steverules_2
So she changed him back into a child and got rid of the demon inside him?

I don't get how they suddenly made a part 9 and Jason X if this happened...the continuity in these films are so bad. I haven't seen part VIII in a while, so I don't know if it was ever explained that he was a vessel. I just thought he did cuz of his mum.

the ninjak
Originally posted by steverules_2
So she changed him back into a child and got rid of the demon inside him?

I don't get how they suddenly made a part 9 and Jason X if this happened...the continuity in these films are so bad. I haven't seen part VIII in a while, so I don't know if it was ever explained that he was a vessel. I just thought he did cuz of his mum.

Oh you mean the scene where Jason talks before being consumed by toxic waste? Well that's the state Jason has always been in. An abused bullied child who drowned and got possessed by a worm demon.

His mother was Crazy of course blamed the counselors for his death and proceeded to murder for a few years. The story of Jason is covered well in Jason goes to Hell. And in Freddy vs Jason, Freddy disguises himself as Mrs Vorhees to persuade Jason to leave his home ground and murder kids in Springfield.

steverules_2
Ok so the toxic waste did what to turn him back into a child? I mean that get rid of the earth worm so he went back to being a kid? I would watch part 9 again but...I can't, I literally can't watch that movie again. no expression It was awful apart from the end with Freddy. Ok so why would Jasons mother have an affect on him if he's possessed by an earth worm? I mean the earth worm would be calling the shots rather than his mother unless Jason is just evil anyway...I dunno maybe I'm being really f*cking dumb here

Kazenji
The the Necronomicon Ex-Mortis was involved with him having a worm demon.....too bad Ash didn't show up in part 9.

the ninjak
Ok so the toxic waste did what to turn him back into a child? I mean that get rid of the earth worm so he went back to being a kid? I would watch part 9 again but...I can't, I literally can't watch that movie again. no expression It was awful apart from the end with Freddy. Ok so why would Jasons mother have an affect on him if he's possessed by an earth worm? I mean the earth worm would be calling the shots rather than his mother unless Jason is just evil anyway...I dunno maybe I'm being really f*cking dumb here

-Nah I think the water reminded him of his original death or something.
-Jason's connection the the demon worm is symbiotic in nature. they both feed off each other. Jason consciousness is still there, what little there is. That's why his mother has such an effect on him still. The demon just feeds of him. A Jason just keeps getting stronger.
-The toxic waste didn't kill the demon. The demon not only exists inside Jason but in his soul as well. Hence why people can eat his flesh and become possessed, with a new worm growing inside them.

steverules_2
Thats weird though, wouldn't his death in 6 and 7 remind him of his original death?

Greysen93
Yeah, it's really messed up. It pretty much didn't happen. Since that didn't have anything to do with the rest of the movies

the ninjak
Thats weird though, wouldn't his death in 6 and 7 remind him of his original death?
Well directors direct. And Writers write. Jason in VIII did what he did maybe it was his time....his slight of weakness. Afterall the heroine was a natural enemy. An obvious psychic who was put in place to defeat him. Nature has a way of dealing with things.

Originally posted by Greysen93
Yeah, it's really messed up. It pretty much didn't happen. Since that didn't have anything to do with the rest of the movies
Welcome to Friday the 13th. The movies excel after each other.

steverules_2
Plus in the movie he did start off in water and he was fine. These movies are so weird it's hard to keep up with them.

Greysen93
Originally posted by the ninjak
Well directors direct. And Writers write. Jason in VIII did what he did maybe it was his time....his slight of weakness. Afterall the heroine was a natural enemy. An obvious psychic who was put in place to defeat him. Nature has a way of dealing with things.

Welcome to Friday the 13th. The movies excel after each other. Ha yeah exactly

Florence52
Jason has always been a mutated deformed zombie kid.http://www.datasea.info/avatar4.jpg

Flyattractor
I always just kind of like to think of Jason as a reverse Crow.

delewis1987
I realize this thread is 10 years old and the film is nearly 40 now, but, I haven't been able to find a good explanation for the ending online even still. Since this thread trends well on google ill go ahead and offer one from an MFAs perspective should anyone ever stumble upon it. Kane Hodder has publicly expressed his dissatisfaction with the ending. Many times he was able to influence the writer / directors over the character, but, admits its confusing and this is one he lost. He did, however, win in pushing to retcon it in jason goes to hell. Interestingly i have not been able to find any interview with him where he actually explains it though, if you could find him at a convention somewhere he'd probably be happy to tell you. I hear he is very approachable with fans. Anyhow, the toxic waste its self is merely a convenient plot device to bring resolution to the film. The writer had clearly written himself into a corner and needed a somewhat plausible force that could stop him and get the protagonist out of the sewer. Although not even in the 80s would it have been even legal to dump toxic waste into the new yourk sewer system, it was a common joke and metaphor in low budget 80s horror films for the filth of New Yourk / Njs underbelly. The Toxic Avenger is a classic example. As they do still have shockingly badly polluted water ways. What constitues "toxic waste" in film in general is up for interpretation, but, in the 80s it was commonly both highly acidic, mutagenic, and sometimes even radio active. This is how it can be a formidable opponent to Jason. Were setup through the series and the film to understand he has to be essentially restrained or oblitered to really be "killed" and the symbology of the corrosive mystery ooze as a more disgusting and immoral thing then the character can be seen as a sort of holy water to wash away the evil and leave the tormented soul of the innocent child he was to finally rest in piece. Wether or not the child actually existed at the end or protagonist just saw it spirtiually can sort of work eitherway, because, we can logically conclude that by that point that the monster was an evil thing, so, god like intervention finally restoring what is good can equally be believable at the point. its still pretty weak and "lazy" writing in my opinion, but, in some sort of alcohal, acid, cocaine induced 1988 brainstorm writing benge it can make sense at some level. What i find interesting is that director just cast a normal child. He didnt even bother with mangaolid make up we already new jason was? See your not even really supposed to assume the audience has seen a previous film in the series.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.