Olympus vs Asgard

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sundipped
Can all the gods conquer Asgard if they were to invade?
Thor included but only the standard version.
Odin is there but not creatures such as Mangog or Surtur. However everyone else is (ice/frost giants etc.)

quanchi112
Asgard wins.

hunbu04
Olympus take it

Odin and Zeus tie
Athena> sif
Apollo> Balder
Ares> tyr
Pluto>=Hella
Hera>= Loki
Typhon>Executional
Thor>=Herc

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by hunbu04
Olympus take it

Odin and Zeus tie
Athena> sif
Apollo> Balder
Ares> tyr
Pluto>=Hella
Hera>= Loki
Typhon>Executional
Thor>=Herc

Odin beats Zeus IMO. And I dont even think it's an opinion that Thor >> Hercules. Also Loki beats Hera also. All the other ones I agree. But also Asgard has insanely powerful artifacts. Asgard wins easily.

quanchi112
Olympus take it

Odin and Zeus tie
Athena> sif
Apollo> Balder
Ares> tyr
Pluto>=Hella
Hera>= Loki
Typhon>Executional
Thor>=Herc Odin has superior showings and feats. Thor blows Herc out of the water. Loki wins. Hela is flat out superior to Pluto. Factor in the Destroyer and things get really ugly.

zopzop
Originally posted by quanchi112
Odin has superior showings and feats.

In the past, this is true. The present is what counts :
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/8/83594/2030702-zeus_and_odin.jpg
You know how the winner of that fight was decided? Ten other Skyfathers had to step in and side with Odin.

quanchi112
Originally posted by zopzop
In the past, this is true. The present is what counts :
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/8/83594/2030702-zeus_and_odin.jpg
You know how the winner of that fight was decided? Ten other Skyfathers had to step in and side with Odin. So your evidence is a scan where they looked equal is proof Zeus wins. Who cares if they sided with Odin that means he's smarter than Zeus. That actually goes against your case.

CosmicComet
Odin has superior showings and feats. Thor blows Herc out of the water. Loki wins. Hela is flat out superior to Pluto. Factor in the Destroyer and things get really ugly.

Umm.

Why are you now saying Odin beats Zeus due to superior feats? When just the other day, you said portrayal is more important?

Pak has gone out of his way to ensure that Zeus gets the proper respect.

Zeus beat Galactus quickly--while somewhat amped. Whereas Odin defeated himself against Galactus. Ok, sure, there are questions remaining as to where exactly Galactus was powerwise in the two events, but at the very least the answer should be obvious that they are peers in some way going by common opponents in recent years.

Not to mention, during the Fear Itself tie ins, Odin and Zeus were shown to get into what looked like it broke out in a slight scuffle; Zeus was threw a punch at Odin's way and Odin was either parrying with the staff in his hand or just dodging and preparing to strike back.

Either way, regardless of whether it didn't break out into a full scale fight, the narration treated them as equals, saying when Skyfather's argue, the Earth itself shakes.

Zeus vs Odin, tie.

JakeTheBank
Asgard.

Best case scenario for Olympus is that Zeus stalemates Odin.

zopzop
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Asgard.

Best case scenario for Olympus is that Zeus stalemates Odin.

Pluto can definitely take Hela too. That skank had problems with Enchantress and Darwin. I've never seen Pluto sink that low.

PillarofOsiris
You make it sound like Odin needed ten other skyfathers. One more would have been sufficient, or are claiming Zeus is tem times more powerful than Odin? But also if we are going by fights spiderman is >>> than Hulk. Feats wise Odin blows Zeus out of the water.

That being said, I tend to agree Odin and Zeus are probably fairly equal now, assuming Odin doesn't use any of his artifacts.

CosmicComet
Zeus stalemates Odin,

and Hera is probably the next most powerful person after those two.
Creating constellations casually and what not.

JakeTheBank
Pluto can definitely take Hela too. That skank had problems with Enchantress and Darwin. I've never seen Pluto sink that low.

Hela's also nearly claimed Thor and Odin's immortal souls for her own. Darwin being a plot device Omega Mutant or whatever the hell he's classified as doesn't make Hela "weak".

Hela's got overall better feats than Pluto.

quanchi112
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Umm.

Why are you now saying Odin beats Zeus due to superior feats? When not too long ago, you said portrayal is more important?

Pak has gone out of his way to ensure that Zeus gets the proper respect.

Zeus beat Galactus quickly--while somewhat amped. Whereas Odin defeated himself against Galactus. Ok, sure, there are questions remaining as to where exactly Galactus was powerwise in the two events, but at the very least the answer should be obvious that they are peers in some way going by common opponents in recent years.

Not to mention, during the Fear Itself tie ins, Odin and Zeus were shown to get into what looked like it broke out in a slight scuffle; Zeus was threw a punch at Odin's way and Odin was either parrying with the staff in his hand or just dodging and preparing to strike back.

Either way, regardless of whether it didn't break out into a full scale fight, the narration treated them as equals, saying when Skyfather's argue, the Earth itself shakes.

Zeus vs Odin, tie. Because they are portrayed as equalsl Odin just has more options. I don't think he stomps Zeus but equal raw power doesn't prove sh-t. People seem to think more power equals auto win. It doesn't.

Odin's wiser, Zeus is more headstrong, has far more exotic attacks, can amp his size, can amp himself through his own land, can draw his fellow asgardians into himself, has stopped time (though he won't do so in combat it's just an example).

Zeus was amped. Galactus wasn't even defeated.

Odin has the edge while their power is roughly equal. That's it. It's a close battle and has been portrayed as such I just favor Odin based on his showings and demeanor.

PillarofOsiris

Didnt Thor beat Pluto and ares at once? Or am I thinking of something else?

zopzop
So your evidence is a scan where they looked equal is proof Zeus wins. Who cares if they sided with Odin that means he's smarter than Zeus. That actually goes against your case.

It more than that and you now it Quan. Odin was ADAMANT that they wipe the planet clean of humans to stop the Serpent from drawing his power from their fear. And Zeus wasn't going to allow that to happen because Olympus was currently residing on Earth.

The matter was only settled when the other Skyfathers sided with Odin and said it was an internal Asgardian matter and if Olympus interfered the other pantheons would step in.
http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/4962/matterdecided.th.jpg

In this thread, Asgard doesn't have the other pantheons to back it up.

zopzop
Originally posted by PillarofOsiris

Hela is no Thor. And yes he did.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by PillarofOsiris

You're correct.

JakeTheBank
In this thread, Asgard doesn't have the other pantheons to back it up.

It doesn't need them when it has Odin and their insane ass weapons and artifacts.

zopzop
Hela's got overall better feats than Pluto.

Feats mean nothing to me. Her fights vs Enchantress and Darwin lead me to believe she can't take Pluto.

zopzop
It doesn't need them when it has Odin and their insane ass weapons and artifacts.

Odin couldn't handle Zeus, so he'll need some help.

EDIT -

Bah, he said no monsters not no weapons/artifacts. Then this is spite and Asgard wins.

quanchi112
Read the OP. Weapons and artifacts are out. And Odin couldn't handle Zeus, so he'll need some help. Based on what couldn't he handle Zeus ?

zopzop
Based on what couldn't he handle Zeus ?

Based on the fact that the fight only ended when the other pantheons took Asgard's side in the Serpent affair.

JakeTheBank
Feats mean nothing to me. Her fights vs Enchantress and Darwin lead me to believe she can't take Pluto.

If Darwin could adapt to Hela, there's no reason to assume the same shit wouldn't happen to Pluto.

And if you want to go by fights, Hela has stalemated Thor before.

CosmicComet
oh god f*cking damn.

this thread can end now.

a f*cking mutie was brought into it.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Odin couldn't handle Zeus, so he'll need some help.

What? I hope you aren't referring to their Fear Itself discussion because I have read some retarded and truly backward opinions over the years on battle boards and this would be pretty up there.

Odin can't take on Zeus solo? Not only is that batshit insane, the Skyfathers siding with Odin isn't evidence of Zeus' superiority. Odin didn't petition them out of helplessness or something, we didn't even see their argument, all we know is that the Skyfathers sided and agreed with Odin. Zeus was unhappy because Olympus would be caught in the crossfire or something but he went along with it.

Formspring Gillen so he can laugh at you.

PillarofOsiris
Let's say Thor was fighting Hercules and it was even for a while then hulk, red hulk, superman, and 7 other heroes jump in and it ends quickly. What does that prove?

quanchi112
It more than that and you now it Quan. Odin was ADAMANT that they wipe the planet clean of humans to stop the Serpent from drawing his power from their fear. And Zeus wasn't going to allow that to happen because Olympus was currently residing on Earth.

The matter was only settled when the other Skyfathers sided with Odin and said it was an internal Asgardian matter and if Olympus interfered the other pantheons would step in.

In this thread, Asgard doesn't have the other pantheons to back it up. So your argument is Olympus argued against it but was too chicken sh-t to take it to war as your proof Zeus beats odin.

Odin's wiser than Zeus just like I said. Odin and asgard is flat out superior to Olympus. Thor had to save zeus' bacon from Desak. Sorry, but asgard is just superior when it comes down to it.

cdtm
Asgard wins.

And Zeus is even more of a dick than Odin. His son saves the universe and him from hell, and he can't even grant him one lousy power restoring boon, and even mocks him for his sacrifice? O_o

quanchi112
Based on the fact that the fight only ended when the other pantheons took Asgard's side in the Serpent affair. The fight looked even. Asgard handled it. Asgard would handle Zeus as well. Odin has too many options to springboard past Zeus. Equal power to Odin is the highest compliment paid to Zeus. Not Odin.

PillarofOsiris
Equal power to Odin is the highest compliment paid to Zeus. Not Odin.

thumb up

JakeTheBank
Equal power to Odin is the highest compliment paid to Zeus. Not Odin.

That's true. Odin is the measuring stick in Marvel when it comes to skyfather beings. Mephisto and Dormammu alike have compared their powers to him.

Asgard is consistently portrayed as the pantheon supreme and only recently under Pak does Olympus get some props (which are deserved, mind you).

Rage.Of.Olympus
Asgard is by far the most important Pantheon in Marvel. Also the most powerful, at least overall.

Anyone who disagrees is just straight up deluding themselves.

CosmicComet
Dormammu has compared himself to Odin and Zeus within the same sentence. Not just Odin alone.

quanchi112
That's true. Odin is the measuring stick in Marvel when it comes to skyfather beings. Mephisto and Dormammu alike have compared their powers to him.

Asgard is consistently portrayed as the pantheon supreme and only recently under Pak does Olympus get some props (which are deserved, mind you). I like Zeus for being an absolute dic-. He needs to be different from odin. I like Pak really upping Zeus as Olympus needs more play. But like others have said marvel has always favored asgard mainly due to Thor's ongoing. The odinpower in marvel is the pinnacle of skyfather power.

Rage.Of.Olympus

Not really. Who'd win between the two is extremely debatable.

And I have, pretty sure Pluto had problems with Sif in single combat. IIRC he was also pretty pissed because of how badly Thor kicked his ass.

Been a while since I read that fight but it's definitely not a bad showing depending on how she was portrayed. Enchantress has some very impressive showings under her belt. For example, I remember her getting the better of Nightmare in his realm while being pretty weakened. Then there's her showing against Seth, the World Tree etc.

The Darwin thing was meh, used as a plot device but if he can copy Hela's death god powers, he can copy Pluto's.

Originally posted by CosmicComet
and Hera is probably the next most powerful person after those two.
Creating constellations casually and what not.

Not really, Thor, Loki etc. are the clear favorites in a fight from what I've seen.

She didn't create any constellations as I recall, Zeus simply listed it as an optional punishment for his lover. And you'd have to more conclusive evidence if you're assuming she was actually physically moving around Stars. Frankly, I find that to be a pretty unrealistic assessment based on what we know.

zopzop
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
What? I hope you aren't referring to their Fear Itself discussion because I have read some retarded and truly backward opinions over the years on battle boards and this would be pretty up there.

Odin can't take on Zeus solo? Not only is that batshit insane, the Skyfathers siding with Odin isn't evidence of Zeus' superiority. Odin didn't petition them out of helplessness or something, we didn't even see their argument, all we know is that the Skyfathers sided and agreed with Odin. Zeus was unhappy because Olympus would be caught in the crossfire or something but he went along with it.

Formspring Gillen so he can laugh at you.

I never said Zeus was superior to Odin. I meant Odin and Zeus went at it and Zeus had no fear of Odin. Zeus didn't back down or quit till the other pantheons sided with Asgard.

Odin isn't steamrolling post Pak Zeus.

zopzop
The fight looked even. Asgard handled it. Asgard would handle Zeus as well. Odin has too many options to springboard past Zeus. Equal power to Odin is the highest compliment paid to Zeus. Not Odin.

The fight was even. That's my whole point.

And Asgard didn't handle anything. The other pantheons decided it was Asgard's business and Olympus better stay out of it.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I never said Zeus was superior to Odin. I meant Odin and Zeus went at it and Zeus had no fear of Odin. Zeus didn't back down or quit till the other pantheons sided with Asgard.

Odin isn't steamrolling post Pak Zeus.

Then I misjudged the meaning of your statement, apologies.

You're gonna need more convincing evidence than an aggressive argument -that we only saw a page of- for me not to give Odin 10/10 against Zeus.

The battles have varying degrees of difficulty but Odin will beat Zeus every single time as it stands. Anything that the Olympian can do, the All-Father can trump and do better. And I'm mostly talking about applications of power, Odin's wisdom and sorcery, alternate resources of energy and power ceilings, means that picking him as the winner is the only real objective choice.

quanchi112
The fight was even. That's my whole point.

And Asgard didn't handle anything. The other pantheons decided it was Asgard's business and Olympus better stay out of it. Yes, the fight was even so you didn't have a point. factor in their capabilities and histories you should have no choice but to side with Odin.

Asgard argued it's case better. Zeus is an idiot when compared to the wisdom of Odin.

zopzop
Then I misjudged the meaning of your statement, apologies.

You're gonna need more convincing evidence than an aggressive argument -that we only saw a page of- for me not to give Odin 10/10 against Zeus.

The battles have varying degrees of difficulty but Odin will beat Zeus every single time as it stands. Anything that the Olympian can do, the All-Father can trump and do better.

Pre Pak, I would have agreed with you 100%, but Post Pak? I'm not so sure.

JakeTheBank

Fraction Odin would swear at Pak Zeus and just go rabid on him.

Rage.Of.Olympus

Pre or post Pak, the answer is still the same.

Under Pak, he temporarily dropped Galactus (While amped) and beat up Hulk. While that is more respect that Zeus has gotten in a few decades, it's still extremely meh.

I'm not going to use Zeus being owned by spear toss against him. I only bring this up because it was under Pak, but like I said, won't hold it against him.

Now that I think about it, all in all, Thor accumulated better feats during Chaos War than Zeus did under Pak's tenure. I find that kind of amusing for some reason.

PillarofOsiris
I'll agree with Rage that Thor or Loki would beat Hera. And I'll add that I don't think she'd give either of them any kind of a fight.

Rage.Of.Olympus
She stalemated Norman Osborn's Iron Patriot in a blasting contest, might have gotten punked by a female sorcerer (Karnilla, Enchantress etc. one of those), and her most impressive showing has to be in that Hercules story. She trapped the Avengers (Giant Man, Black Widow, Death Cry, Jarvis and I think Quicksilver) in some kind of mystical bubble, not exactly the most impressive lineup and I think she jumped them but still. She also had a good showing against Hercules in that story, although he literally tanked everything she was throwing at him, was walking through her blasts and had just reached her as Zeus intervened.

Not a horrible track record but not a great one either. All in all, I agree, Thor or Loki should ruin her day.

hunbu04
Taking about feats Pluto have beaten hela on panel in the battle to claim odin soul. Hell Pluto have even beaten The Stranger on panel though the fight took place in Hades.
Loki is only a major player because of his brains but in a prep battle against Athena even Loki is over his head.

DarkOdin
Does asgard get destroyer because that would help the debate. IMO without destoryer Asagrd still has a chance IMO the line up for asgard would be Odin, Loki, Hela, Enchantress, Kurses,Thor hmmm I guess you could put Bor b/c Hela can revived him but i guess thats up to the OP

Rage.Of.Olympus
Taking about feats Pluto have beaten hela on panel in the battle to claim odin soul. Hell Pluto have even beaten The Stranger on panel though the fight took place in Hades.
Loki is only a major player because of his brains but in a prep battle against Athena even Loki is over his head.

Pluto does gain the edge over Hela but he cheats. He outright says that there powers are too even and he himself cannot tip the balance in his favor, so he blasts the ground to summon a few minions to attack Hela. For some reason, she doesn't return the favor and then some (Hela showed she can summon entities who are alone more powerful than Pluto) but whatever, comics.

As a matter of fact, he ends up beating Thor in that comic by once again using strategy instead of fighting him straight up (He'd lose doing that based on their history). Thor recovers and IIRC starts beating on him though.

It's been a while but I do remember Pluto stalemating the Stranger by drawing on the power of his realm. An impressive showing I guess but it should be noted that Stranger purposefully forfeited that fight. He IIRC beat up the Defenders in that issue, at least I think he did.

I personally believe all the Death Gods (Hela, Mephisto, Pluto etc.) are intended to be peers based on their interactions with each other. That being said, they seem to fluctuate, and each of them has been on the receiving end of Thor at one time or another.

Damborgson

Until I see Zeus' headbutt I'm going to assume Odin would bash his head in.

SuperiorTech
Pre or post Pak, the answer is still the same.

I'm not going to use Zeus being owned by spear toss against him. I only bring this up because it was under Pak, but like I said, won't hold it against him.

To be fair that was bit after wwh ended and when he started doing Hercules so you had his previous favorite and his seemingly new favorite Hulk and Hercules both have good showings and everyone else was pretty much window dressing.

He seemed to take a liking to Zeus a bit further down the road.

quanchi112

In this thread, Asgard doesn't have the other pantheons to back it up. Odin looked equal to Zeus like they always do. Odin has more capabilities and has looked far more impressive in battle along wit being far wiser.

Asgard doesn't need other pantheons to back them up. In comics the pantheons sided with them but here they'd win on their own. Asgard is superior. If you don't like it and want to use horrible reasoning as your proof that's fine. Asgard wins. If Odin broke out the Destroyer armor he'd knife through olympus like a knife through butter.

hunbu04
Asgard need Olympus for back up when they attack the eternal in olympia. And the entire conflict were between olympians and eternal the only asgardian they show were odin beating thor so i am guessing all the asgardians were punk by eternals leaving it a battle between olympians and eternals.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Asgard need Olympus for back up when they attack the eternal in olympia. And the entire conflict were between olympians and eternal the only asgardian they show were odin beating thor so i am guessing all the asgardians were punk by eternals leaving it a battle between olympians and eternals.

Wow, talk about misinterpretation of events.

For the record, Asgard wasn't even rallied to the fight by Odin. And no, it wasn't for a lack of resources or formidability. Reading the comic always helps.

JakeTheBank
I'm surprised people aren't mentioning some of the other players in Asgard, such as Karnilla for example. Or Malakith.

People seem to think the only people worth a damn in Asgard are Thor, Loki, and Odin, and that's not true at all.

Rage.Of.Olympus
We don't want to make it to unfair for Olympus though. The Destroyer Armor alone could solo as we saw.

Edit: Read the OP more carefully. Everyone but creatures like Mangog/Surtur are included. That's just unfair.

quanchi112
I'm surprised people aren't mentioning some of the other players in Asgard, such as Karnilla for example. Or Malakith.

People seem to think the only people worth a damn in Asgard are Thor, Loki, and Odin, and that's not true at all. For it to be fair you have to leave certain players out. If Odin calls upon the Destroyer armor he'd solo.

JakeTheBank
Well, unfortunately for Olympus, fighting all of Asgard and its resources is unfair to them.

That's certainly not my fault Asgard is the superior pantheon is it?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-dQ5j26OXRu8/T2Z8ijj_IBI/AAAAAAAAA1g/0EBhVgyRbpQ/s1600/tom-cruise-sunglasses.gif

KuRuPT Thanosi
Olympus and it's really not even that close... They just have way more heavyhitters than Asgard does. It's really that simple.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Olympus and it's really not even that close... They just have way more heavyhitters than Asgard does. It's really that simple.

http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/bertstare/grand/bertstare3_gif.gif

KuRuPT Thanosi
LOL @ Jake... you're a funny guy dude

KuRuPT Thanosi
The difference between me and others is that I believe Zeus and Odin are equal... after that... Olympus has the advantage down the line. If Odin can beat Zeus... then sure he'll finish off the rest who are fighting. My belief is that he won't and Zeua and him will be stalemating.. while the others are slowly beating up on Asgard.. when they are done they come help zeus finish the job.

JakeTheBank
LOL @ Jake... you're a funny guy dude

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-FgpshdZIdPQ/TzfQUsWtM6I/AAAAAAAAAuU/rhNfLt9mQ88/s1600/jack-nicholson-nodding.gif

The difference between me and others is that I believe Zeus and Odin are equal... after that... Olympus has the advantage down the line. If Odin can beat Zeus... then sure he'll finish off the rest who are fighting. My belief is that he won't and Zeua and him will be stalemating.. while the others are slowly beating up on Asgard.. when they are done they come help zeus finish the job.

Who are these heavy hitters that would overwhelm Asgard?

Rage.Of.Olympus

no expression

What in the f*ck?

You want to compare to line-ups and resources? Fine, but spoiler alert, Olympus doesn't win.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Jake you know all the Gods of Olympus just as I do.. The more appropriate question is.. After Odin and Thor... how do you think Asgard matches up... Not well imo and I can't believe you're saying otherwise.

quanchi112
The difference between me and others is that I believe Zeus and Odin are equal... after that... Olympus has the advantage down the line. If Odin can beat Zeus... then sure he'll finish off the rest who are fighting. My belief is that he won't and Zeua and him will be stalemating.. while the others are slowly beating up on Asgard.. when they are done they come help zeus finish the job. Such as ?

KuRuPT Thanosi
no expression

What in the f*ck?

You want to compare to line-ups and resources? Fine, but spoiler alert, Olympus doesn't win.

Draw up the list and the point will become clear... BTW you guys aren't including BRB in this are you? Last time I checked he was nowhere near asgard and is generally not there at all.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Such as ?

Expand

JakeTheBank
Jake you know all the Gods of Olympus just as I do.. The more appropriate question is.. After Odin and Thor... how do you think Asgard matches up... Not well imo and I can't believe you're saying otherwise.

You're right that I know the capabilities of the Gods of Olympus and their resources to bear.

Thing is, I also know about the Asgardians and what they bring to bear.

The best case scenario for Olympus is that Zeus stalemates Odin.

KuRuPT Thanosi
You're also including Asgards magical weapons which I saw no evidence of in the OP. So again, after Odin and Thor... how do you think Asgard matches up with Olympus? And if Zeus stalemates Odin as I suspect he will.. while the rest of Olympus wins most of the other matchups... what happens then?

quanchi112
Expand What are the examples of the heavy hitters under Zeus.

JakeTheBank
You're also including Asgards magical weapons which I saw no evidence of in the OP. So again, after Odin and Thor... how do you think Asgard matches up with Olympus? And if Zeus stalemates Odin as I suspect he will.. while the rest of Olympus wins most of the other matchups... what happens then?

Asgard wins?

People like Hela, Karnilla, Amora, Ulik, The All-Mothers if we're counting them, even Silver Surfer currently counts as a resident of Asgard. These are people who'd stalemate if not beat Olympus' best.

cdtm
You're also including Asgards magical weapons which I saw no evidence of in the OP.

Nothing here against using relics, only creatures.

They get their items, "non creature" baddies like Malekith, frost giants..

They get a lot, given what resides in Asgard.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Asgard wins?

People like Hela, Karnilla, Amora, Ulik, The All-Mothers if we're counting them, even Silver Surfer currently counts as a resident of Asgard. These are people who'd stalemate if not beat Olympus' best.

WTF... The All Mothers... Silver Surfer... Jesus.. how did I know you were including people that weren't intended to be included. Should people reach for people once in Olympus as well?

PillarofOsiris
Thor and Loki beat anyone on olympus minus Zeus. Thalfi equals Hermes.

Heimdall seems to be at least equal to Ares, and with his weapon possibly more powerful.

Olympus has no answer for things like the destroyer armor, the born stones, odinsword, twilight sword, etc

Rage.Of.Olympus
WTF... The All Mothers... Silver Surfer... Jesus.. how did I know you were including people that weren't intended to be included. Should people reach for people once in Olympus as well?

no expression

The OP says that everyone besides monsters like Surtur and Mangog are included for Asgard.

The All-Mothers are the current leaders of Asgard, he'd need to discount them from the battle before we can. Not sure how that's reaching.

And out of curiousity, who will you get to help Olympus out? Dead gods like Ares and Athena? I assumed they were included already. I guess you can start including minor monsters like Kratos and such but then again, Asgard has had beings such as Kurse as allies, so you know, not a very good trade off.

On top of that, the Frost Giants and Surtur's army seems to be at Asgard's disposal. How you think this even remotely a battle is beyond me to be honest.

the Darkone
Odin
Thor
Beta Ray Bill
Loki
Enchantress
Karnilla
All Mothers
Tiwaz
Sif
Valkyrie
Warriors Three
Balder
Silver Surfer
Tyr
Kurse
Hela
Vider
Hermond

Relic
Destroyer
Casket of Winters
Over Sword
Ragnarok Sword
etc

vs

Zeus
Pluto
Neptune
Ares
Hera
Athena
Hercules
Apollo
Achilles
Mercury

Asgard all the way, Destroyer alone would decimate majority of the Olympians on it's own, best hope for Olympians is that Zeus stalemate Odin, if not Asgard will roll right over them. Even without the relics Asgard still roles, Asgard has Tiwaz/Buri a anicent Asgardian Sky Father, yeah Asgard will roll!!

KuRuPT Thanosi
If you're including all the artifacts in Asgard sure they win. Thor walking all over Hercules is a joke right? People need to stop drinking that Thor-Laid... Their actual fights have shown the COMPLETE OPPOSITE of Thor woning Hercules with ease. In fact, that fight ends up a stalemate.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi Draw up the list and the point will become clear... BTW you guys aren't including BRB in this are you? Last time I checked he was nowhere near asgard and is generally not there at all.

Bill would be included.

- Asgard

Odin, Thor, Loki, Karnilla, Enchantress, Loreie, Freya, Gaea, Idunn, Beta Ray Bill, Balder, Heimdall, Hela, The Warrior's Three, Sif, the Valkyries, Vidar, Hermod etc.

- Olympus

Apollo, Aphrodite, Ares, Artemis, Athena, Hephaestus, Hera, Hercules, Hermes, Neptune, Pluto, Kratos, Bia and Zeus.

Can't think of anyone else to count for Olympus right now but I can name a few more for Asgard like Tiwaz. The line ups aren't exactly fair, as they are, Olympus would get absolutely demolished.

Rage.Of.Olympus
If you're including all the artifacts in Asgard sure they win. Thor walking all over Hercules is a joke right? People need to stop drinking that Thor-Laid... Their actual fights have shown the COMPLETE OPPOSITE of Thor woning Hercules with ease. In fact, that fight ends up a stalemate.

That's a direct result of Thor limiting himself. As he is now, he'd be less prone to d*cking around with Hercules. Fraction's Thor would end him.

PillarofOsiris
Hercules and Thor are equals?! What??? Could Classic Hercules beat glory? Drive away Galactus? Thor fights Hercules like a moron. If u want to base power levels on figjts spiderman owns the hulk.

KuRuPT Thanosi
On panel evidence shows the EXACT OPPOSITE of that when they have fought my friend. You can speculate all you want about this Thor or that Thor... but when they have met, Thor didn't walk all over hercules... in fact, based on on panel evidence it ends in a stalemate.

PillarofOsiris
On panel evidence shows the EXACT OPPOSITE of that when they have fought my friend. You can speculate all you want about this Thor or that Thor... but when they have met, Thor didn't walk all over hercules... in fact, based on on panel evidence it ends in a stalemate.

So by your logic, Galactus hadn't walked all over Thor on panel, so thor is equal to Galactus?

Rage.Of.Olympus
no expression

Thor owns Hercules if he wants to, which is more likely to happen now more than ever based on the most important portrayal of the character.

There's really no debating it. Hercules would admit as much himself:
http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t/11670579_Thor_126_06.jpg

And Thor hadn't even flashed lighting at that point.

We can also compare how they fare against a common threat to note the difference between the two.

the Darkone
Thor and Hercules are pretty close in strength, durability, but when decides to stop holding back and fights like a War God Thor is Hercules superior, Hercules is screwed if he fights a all out Thor. If I was a Hulk/Gladiator type hero I would be more afraid of Thor than Hercules, Hercules is one denominational as where Thor is multi-versatile !!

zopzop
Odin looked equal to Zeus like they always do.

Exactly my point.

Zeus didn't back down until the other Skyfathers agreed with Odin. Odin breaking out the Destroyer would be stupid since Zeus and the other Skyfathers also had a hand in it's creation by donating a portion of their power to make it.

zopzop
So let me get this straight, it's just the 12 Olympians vs every being in Asgardian comic mythology sans monsters? How the fxxk isn't this thread closed for spite?

the Darkone
So let me get this straight, it's just the 12 Olympians vs every being in Asgardian comic mythology sans monsters? How the fxxk isn't this thread closed for spite?

OP clarified it, no monsters example no Mangog or Surtur! They have too be Asgard citizen or some affiliation with them!!

Sundipped
We don't want to make it to unfair for Olympus though. The Destroyer Armor alone could solo as we saw.

Edit: Read the OP more carefully. Everyone but creatures like Mangog/Surtur are included. That's just unfair.

You know I honestly forgot about the DA. no expression
Omit it + all mystical artifacts.
Hope this makes it somewhat closer. Although Asgard may still have the edge due to sheer numbers.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Sundipped
You know I honestly forgot about the DA. no expression
Omit it + all mystical artifacts.
Hope this makes it somewhat closer. Although Asgard may still have the edge due to sheer numbers.

Asgard still wins.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Sorry, it doesn't

JakeTheBank
Yes, it does. Asgard has the numbers and power advantage. It's just not a horrific stomp anymore.

Sundipped

It's not closed because its a thread by Sundipped. Duh. wink

Rage.Of.Olympus
Sorry, it doesn't

Yes it does. Asgard would wreck Olympus as it stands.

I'm willing to debate this if you want to push the point, but it seems to be that the only way Olympus wins is if we significantly handicap Asgard in some way. Unfortunately, removing artifacts is in itself not enough, it's still a spite thread.

hunbu04
You can't use Gaea as part of asgard we all know that she also father the olympians and every other races of gods on earth. And if you are going to count all the asgardians then also count all the olympians.
Nox is part of the olympians gods and she is one of the seven fear lords a Nightmare level being. And yes she recently appear in the Herc mini before chaos war to claim the throne of olympus. Don't forget Typhon, the Olympians giants, Thanatos the death god, the huntsman zeus personal herald the Spider Goddess, Eris the goddess of discord, Dawn the goddess of the morning. plus the thousand eyes giants who is all seeing. All theses characters appear recently in assault on new olympus . Balder is a joke compare to Apollo it was just recently shown on panel that He could turn the entire earth to Arshes if he choose to. Olympus also have famous artifacts one been the Chronos Stones Which gave the uses almost complete control of time.

quanchi112

Exactly my point.

Zeus didn't back down until the other Skyfathers agreed with Odin. Odin breaking out the Destroyer would be stupid since Zeus and the other Skyfathers also had a hand in it's creation by donating a portion of their power to make it. That doesn't mean in an extended fight Odin wouldn't prevail due to his superior capabilities and wisdom.

The Destroyer is in Odin's possession not Zeus'. Sucks to be Zeus.

DarkOdin
On panel evidence shows the EXACT OPPOSITE of that when they have fought my friend. You can speculate all you want about this Thor or that Thor... but when they have met, Thor didn't walk all over hercules... in fact, based on on panel evidence it ends in a stalemate. Actually the last time the fought, Thor as hecrules and hercules as Thor during Chaos war. Thor hands down beat Hercules by fighting down on Herc's level and not using his more exotice powers.

DarkOdin
That doesn't mean in an extended fight Odin wouldn't prevail due to his superior capabilities and wisdom.

The Destroyer is in Odin's possession not Zeus'. Sucks to be Zeus. Correct actually other then the one panel they might not of even exchanged more then 1 blow each. It sattes they argued for hours not fought.

Hyperion Prime
Asgard is by far the most important Pantheon in Marvel. Also the most powerful, at least overall.

Anyone who disagrees is just straight up deluding themselves.

But they were both beat by the Dark gods and Perikus.

Sundipped
You can't use Gaea as part of asgard we all know that she also father the olympians and every other races of gods on earth. And if you are going to count all the asgardians then also count all the olympians.
Nox is part of the olympians gods and she is one of the seven fear lords a Nightmare level being. And yes she recently appear in the Herc mini before chaos war to claim the throne of olympus. Don't forget Typhon, the Olympians giants, Thanatos the death god, the huntsman zeus personal herald the Spider Goddess, Eris the goddess of discord, Dawn the goddess of the morning. plus the thousand eyes giants who is all seeing. All theses characters appear recently in assault on new olympus . Balder is a joke compare to Apollo it was just recently shown on panel that He could turn the entire earth to Arshes if he choose to. Olympus also have famous artifacts one been the Chronos Stones Which gave the uses almost complete control of time.

Never read much on the entire patheon (comic wise) but I kinda figured it was more than the known twelve. All of this sounds intresting.

guy222
did odin and zeus make out all those years ago

zeus is a freak laughing out loud

Colossus-Big C
Asgard. They have alot of artifacts and weapons, although if they were not involved and only the normal gods were in battle it would be a stalemate as it was in the mighty thor a few years back.

guy222
http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t/11675423_21.jpg http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t/11675424_22.jpg

KuRuPT Thanosi
Nox is part of the olympians gods and she is one of the seven fear lords a Nightmare level being. And yes she recently appear in the Herc mini before chaos war to claim the throne of olympus. Don't forget Typhon, the Olympians giants, Thanatos the death god, the huntsman zeus personal herald the Spider Goddess, Eris the goddess of discord, Dawn the goddess of the morning. plus the thousand eyes giants who is all seeing. All theses characters appear recently in assault on new olympus . Balder is a joke compare to Apollo it was just recently shown on panel that He could turn the entire earth to Arshes if he choose to. Olympus also have famous artifacts one been the Chronos Stones Which gave the uses almost complete control of time. Some of these people I've never heard of, I'd like some more info on them, because if they are indeed powerful.. it's really game over then. Have you heard of them Rage?

JakeTheBank
Why can't you use Gaea for Asgard when she's specifically apart of the Triumvirate who rules over it (ie. The All-Mothers)? Fact of the matter is that Asgard has always been portrayed as more powerful than Olympus through feats and trying to nerf Asgard to make it "more fair" only proves that point.

Colossus-Big C
Why can't you use Gaea for Asgard when she's specifically apart of the Triumvirate who rules over it (ie. The All-Mothers)? Fact of the matter is that Asgard has always been portrayed as more powerful than Olympus through feats and trying to nerf Asgard to make it "more fair" only proves that point. They are saying asgard cant have gaea fight, because gaea created the olympion gods in the first place...
she is zeus grandmother by blood

Regardless, You have beings like Nox(who is a fear lord) and much more powerful than nightmare(read incredible hercules). She is olympion.
With in character on, she wouldnt participate here

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
They are saying asgard cant have gaea fight because gaea created the olympion gods in the first place...

With in character on, she wouldnt participate here

She's specifically ruling in tandem with Idunn and Frigga in Asgard. In character, she'd defend her kingdom. Again, it's a weak attempt to try and balance this out in favor for Olympus or give them the edge.

Colossus-Big C
NYX humiliating nightmare in his own dimension! She is an olympion elder god.
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/6/66206/1231961-nyx_2.jpg

quanchi112
Colossusu big c is the nightmare that won't go away.

Colossus-Big C
Colossusu big c is the nightmare that won't go away. Im just posting scans of nyx because many people dont know who she is

quanchi112
Im just posting scans of nox because many people dont know who she is You're scaring people off the board with your guerilla warfare tactics.

Colossus-Big C
Apollo would wtf stomp his Asgardian counterpart balder.
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/6/61896/1218973-herc_foaa_02_0007_copy_super.jpg

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/51954/1640322-incredible_hulks__621_019_super.jpg

Colossus-Big C
You're scaring people off the board with your guerilla warfare tactics. Whats that?

quanchi112
Whats that? You're just plain ruthless.

Colossus-Big C
You're just plain ruthless. Wouldnt that be a good thing?

Colossus-Big C
She's specifically ruling in tandem with Idunn and Frigga in Asgard. In character, she'd defend her kingdom. Again, it's a weak attempt to try and balance this out in favor for Olympus or give them the edge. Nyx>Gaea

quanchi112
Wouldnt that be a good thing? You're from mother russia sent to attack us americans. Aren't you ? AREN'T YOU ????

JakeTheBank
Apollo would wtf stomp his Asgardian counterpart balder.
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/6/61896/1218973-herc_foaa_02_0007_copy_super.jpg

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/51954/1640322-incredible_hulks__621_019_super.jpg

Who's to say Balder would even fight Apollo here?

This is a war between the two pantheons, not simply pairing them up against who'd they fare best against.

Colossus-Big C
Who's to say Balder would even fight Apollo here?

This is a war between the two pantheons, not simply pairing them up against who'd they fare best against. Im assuming everyone fights there counter parts. If thats not the case then only the heavy hitters matter in this war tbh

JakeTheBank
Im assuming everyone fights there counter parts. If thats not the case then only the heavy hitters matter in this war tbh

In which case, Asgard wins.

You'd have to devise a very specific case scenario that favors Olympus in order for them to win.

Colossus-Big C
In which case, Asgard wins.

You'd have to devise a very specific case scenario that favors Olympus in order for them to win. Without artifacts or destroyer armor , asgards heavy hitters are (not counting monsters)

Gaea(whatever)
Odin
Thor
Loki
Enchantress

Where as olympus has

NYX
Zeus
Hades
Poseiden
Apollo

How is that enough to give asgard a decicive win?

hunbu04
GAEA can't fight for asgard he is also an olympian goddess grand mother of Zeus

Colossus-Big C
GAEA can't fight for asgard he is also an olympian goddess grand mother of Zeus Even if she did, the olympios still has Nyx.

hunbu04
Oh don't forget Hakate the olympian goddess of magic and witchcraft. Just recently in Fear Itself she was able to transform the entire Broklyn into her playground including people and building She even brought Ares crazy son back to Life

JakeTheBank
Without artifacts or destroyer armor , asgards heavy hitters are (not counting monsters)

Gaea(whatever)
Odin
Thor
Loki
Enchantress

Where as olympus has

NYX
Zeus
Hades
Poseiden
Apollo

How is that enough to give asgard a decicive win?

Those aren't even Asgard's strongest players. facepalm

Karnilla > Amora and by a significant degree. There's also Hela, Malakith, Surtur & Ymir (they've been disqualified, but if you're counting monsters and elder gods for Olympus, I'll mention them for arguments sake), Utgard-Loki, and other beings who I could name off.

If you want to cherry pick beings for Olympus, I'd suggest you'd be aware of who resides in Asgard.

zopzop
Does anyone else find it humorous that people are saying GAEA would take Asgard's side over Olympus'? I mean GAEA (which is a GREEK name) is Zeus' grandmother and directly got involved when her then lover tried to devour their children.

At best she would remain neutral.

zopzop
Those aren't even Asgard's strongest players. facepalm

Karnilla > Amora and by a significant degree. There's also Hela, Malakith, Surtur & Ymir (they've been disqualified, but if you're counting monsters and elder gods for Olympus, I'll mention them for arguments sake), Utgard-Loki, and other beings who I could name off.

If you want to cherry pick beings for Olympus, I'd suggest you'd be aware of who resides in Asgard.

Aren't some of those beings ENEMIES of Asgard? How are they being brought into play? If you include the Frost and Fire Giants but not their respective monsters, why can't Olympus get the Titans and Hekatonkheires? This double standard is annoying.

JakeTheBank
Does anyone else find it humorous that people are saying GAEA would take Asgard's side over Olympus'? I mean GAEA (which is a GREEK name) is Zeus' grandmother and directly got involved when her then lover tried to devour their children.

At best she would remain neutral.

If you want to go by character and personality, this fight probably wouldn't even happen to begin with. erm

Gaea is officially a member of Asgard, specifically acting as one if its rulers. That action alone speaks volumes of how she feels about Asgard and is taking a direct involvement in that pantheon's day to day affairs as well as its long-term ones.

JakeTheBank
Aren't some of those beings ENEMIES of Asgard? How are they being brought into play? If you include the Frost and Fire Giants but not their respective monsters, why can't Olympus get the Titans and Hekatonkheires? This double standard is annoying.

I already mentioned that in a previous post. facepalm

Hunbu and Colossus were bringing up Elder Gods and Titans and other members not directly apart of Mt. Olympus' pantheon. If anything, the double standard is repeatedly complaining about how its spite if Asgard gets its weapons/artifacts while trying to make farcical match ups.

I'm sorry if people don't like or agree that Asgard trumps Olympus in virtually everything significant, but they do.

Colossus-Big C
If you want to go by character and personality, this fight probably wouldn't even happen to begin with. erm

Gaea is officially a member of Asgard, specifically acting as one if its rulers. That action alone speaks volumes of how she feels about Asgard and is taking a direct involvement in that pantheon's day to day affairs as well as its long-term ones. Gaea likes every single pantheon and would do the same for any of them, asgard is not unique to gaea at all....

She ruled over the egyption pantheon long before she did for asgard.

JakeTheBank
Gaea likes every single pantheon and would do the same for any of them, asgard is not unique to gaea at all....

And yet, she's directly ruling alongside Frigga and Idunn. That's pretty significant behavior from an entity who is supposed to be neutral in affairs of the Earth. You can't abritrarily state "Gaea wouldn't fight Olympus because she likes them" in a thread like this because it would be OOC in your opinion. Hell, Asgard would likely never actually go to open war with Olympus to begin with under normal circumstances for a variety of reasons barring the manipulations of douchebags like Loki or Pluto.

It's extremely telling how Asgard has to be gimped here for Olympus to have a shot in the minds of some of the posters actively debating in this thread.

Colossus-Big C
And yet, she's directly ruling alongside Frigga and Idunn. That's pretty significant behavior from an entity who is supposed to be neutral in affairs of the Earth. You can't abritrarily state "Gaea wouldn't fight Olympus because she likes them" in a thread like this because it would be OOC in your opinion. Hell, Asgard would likely never actually go to open war with Olympus to begin with under normal circumstances for a variety of reasons barring the manipulations of douchebags like Loki or Pluto. She previously rulled over the egyption pantheon with the demogorge long ago. Fyi

KuRuPT Thanosi
I already mentioned that in a previous post. facepalm

Hunbu and Colossus were bringing up Elder Gods and Titans and other members not directly apart of Mt. Olympus' pantheon. If anything, the double standard is repeatedly complaining about how its spite if Asgard gets its weapons/artifacts while trying to make farcical match ups.

I'm sorry if people don't like or agree that Asgard trumps Olympus in virtually everything significant, but they do.

Actually Jake, that is the EXACT oppostie of what has occured. They are brining up people that make it clear it's not a stomp, and in fact, Olympus now looks even stronger. You and others were trying to bring in everybody and their mother (literally) in the fight with Olympus while leaving out similar type players for Olympus. While also trying to bring in artifacts, which just like I assumed, were not meant to be in play. Just because the roles are now being reversed don't mean what you're claiming it means.

zopzop

Gaea is officially a member of Asgard, specifically acting as one if its rulers. That action alone speaks volumes of how she feels about Asgard and is taking a direct involvement in that pantheon's day to day affairs as well as its long-term ones.
Uhm, the Hekatonkheires and Titans should be included if the freaking Frost Giants and Fire Giants are included Asgard side. It's only fair. The OP is including ENEMIES of Asgard in this mix.
And yet, she's directly ruling alongside Frigga and Idunn. That's pretty significant behavior from an entity who is supposed to be neutral in affairs of the Earth. You can't abritrarily state "Gaea wouldn't fight Olympus because she likes them" in a thread like this because it would be OOC in your opinion. Hell, Asgard would likely never actually go to open war with Olympus to begin with under normal circumstances for a variety of reasons barring the manipulations of douchebags like Loki or Pluto.

It's extremely telling how Asgard has to be gimped here for Olympus to have a shot in the minds of some of the posters actively debating in this thread.

Which means NOTHING. She has ZERO relation to any Asgardian except Thor, she's his mother. Odin being her lover isn't unique. She's had many. On Olympus' side, her grandchildren are : Zeus, Hera, Hades, Poseidon, Demeter, and Hestia. Hell she's had CHILDREN with Zeus and Poseidon! She's much more closely related to the Olympians than the Asgardians and it's not even close. Another thing, what are they calling her in that Thor arc? If they calling her GAEA (a Greek name) instead of Jord (her supposed Norse name) I'm gonna LMAO.

guy222
as long as herc doesn't make a pass at thor

its a good match up

stick out tongue laughing out loud

JakeTheBank
She previously rulled over the egyption pantheon with the demogorge long ago. Fyi

Which means what now?

Actually Jake, that is the EXACT oppostie of what has occured. They are brining up people that make it clear it's not a stomp, and in fact, Olympus now looks even stronger. You and others were trying to bring in everybody and their mother (literally) in the fight with Olympus while leaving out similar type players for Olympus. While also trying to bring in artifacts, which just like I assumed, were not meant to be in play. Just because the roles are now being reversed don't mean what you're claiming it means.

baka

How does this make Olympus look stronger? Asgard had to have Ymir and Surtur and other monsters banned and later got the Destroyer Armor and other weapons banned because they'd beat Olympus clearly. And in the same breath, people are bringing up various titans and elder gods because they know with the primary players only involved, Asgard wins. And then they get upset when Gaea is brought up (who's clearly, per current comic books, serving as an Asgardian ruler). People desperately want Olympus to be equal to, or somehow, superior to Asgard when the comics clearly show us which pantheon is the most powerful and significant. Take up it with Marvel if you dislike it.

Uhm, the Hekatonkheires and Titans should be included if the freaking Frost Giants and Fire Giants are included Asgard side. It's only fair. The OP is including ENEMIES of Asgard in this mix.

Which means NOTHING. She has ZERO relation to any Asgardian except Thor, she's his mother. Odin being her lover isn't unique. She's had many. On Olympus' side, her grandchildren are : Zeus, Hera, Hades, Poseidon, Demeter, and Hestia. Hell she's had CHILDREN with Zeus and Poseidon! She's much more closely related to the Olympians than the Asgardians and it's not even close. Another thing, what are they calling her in that Thor arc? If they calling her GAEA (a Greek name) instead of Jord (her supposed Norse name) I'm gonna LMAO.

Right, that's the OP. Take it up with him.

Your second paragraph means nothing here. She's now a part of Asgard as one if it's All-Mothers. So, yeah, she certainly does have a significant relation to Asgard(ia) itself. Arguing that she should be closer to Olympus means little when she's depicted as being a part of the actual kingdom of the rival panetheon. And yes, she's referred to as Gaea (though she's been called both Gaea and Jord as far as her appearances go in comics pertaining specifically to Thor). Not sure how her being called Gaea is LMAO worthy when the Greek god of the dead is called "Pluto" instead of Hades and Hercules is "Hercules" instead of Heracles. Means jack shit in the end.

hunbu04
Why not include kronos Zeus Father the God of Time. In CW 2 Cho told Hercules that they were running out of time and Hercules respond was Cho time means nothing to me IS not Chronos my grand Father the god of time himself right after that herc stop time on the entire planet. Atlas the Titans. Don't forget most of time titans were elemental gods with powers easily rivaling Asgard big two Surtur amd Ymir

JakeTheBank
Another thing:

This is Olympus actually invading the realm of Asgard per OP. Not just a fight. To that end, why can't Asgard rely on its weapons and artifacts if its a fight on their ground? If the OP simply doesn't want them debated due to them being extremely powerful and he doesn't want Olympus to be stopped, I'm not going to argue it, but it says a lot about Asgard if it needs to be nerfed from defending itself with stuff that counts as standard equipment. And as far as the argument going about Asgard's enemies helping Asgard goes, it was clearly stated that in spite of Asgard having its enemies in the form of trolls, Frost Giants, demons, and other creatures, there was a balance to be maintained and purpose in their continued and mutual existence. Which is part of the reason why Odin didn't just obliterate the lot of them when it was well within his power to do so.

So yeah, if Olympus actively invades Asgard, that kind of attention is going to attract beings who are typically opposed to Asgard. To that end, there's no way in hell Olympus can successfully invade Asgard and win.

hunbu04
What is stopping Zeus from using the chronos stone to gain conplete control of time. What is stopping Venus and Aphrodite from turning everyone one team asgard in love slave. Before you argue against it They have turn beings as powerful as Hellstorm, Silver surfer and Sentry in love slave on panel. In Agent of Atlas and in CW. It was also states by Hercules in his onging series that only the Athena, Hestia, and Athemis the three virgins goddesses were unaffected by their powers on Olympus

zopzop
Right, that's the OP. Take it up with him.

Ok so then this thread is pointless since it's basically pitting 12 Gods (the Olympians that reside on Olympus) vs hundreds of Gods and Monsters on Asgard's side.

When was the last time she was called Jord? In the early 80s during a flashback no? I can't believe you don't see the humor and stupidity of calling one of the rulers of Asgard (a Norse pantheon) by her GREEK name.

The Greek/Roman thing has been going on for a while and only because the Roman Gods are nothing more than the Greek Gods given Latin names (same origin stories and everything).

Jord/Gaea not so much.

zopzop
So yeah, if Olympus actively invades Asgard, that kind of attention is going to attract beings who are typically opposed to Asgard. To that end, there's no way in hell Olympus can successfully invade Asgard and win.

They fought before and neither side won. Greeks didn't believe in the Norse gods and vise versa.

JakeTheBank
What is stopping Zeus from using the chronos stone to gain conplete control of time. What is stopping Venus and Aphrodite from turning everyone one team asgard in love slave. Before you argue against it They have turn beings as powerful as Hellstorm, Silver surfer and Sentry in love slave on panel. In Agent of Atlas and in CW. It was also states by Hercules in his onging series that only the Athena, Hestia, and Athemis the three virgins goddesses were unaffected by their powers on Olympus

Besides the fact that the OP wants to bar Asgard's artifacts and the like, so I'd naturally assume Olympus would likewise be penalized for the sake of fairness I keep hearing about. Post some scans of feats of this stone because Odin's stopped time on his own multiple times. But if you insist on mentioning Olympus' superweapons, this is going to get real ugly real quickly. You also have Amora and other mystical forces in Asgard to prevent being turned into love slaves.

I really don't see any plausible way for Olympus to mount a successful invasion of Asgard at all. For the record, I would likewise find it unlikely for Asgard to invade Olympus and win.

In a neutral setting though, I'd take Asgard.

JakeTheBank

Ok so then this thread is pointless since it's basically pitting 12 Gods (the Olympians that reside on Olympus) vs hundreds of Gods and Monsters on Asgard's side.

When was the last time she was called Jord? In the early 80s during a flashback no? I can't believe you don't see the humor and stupidity of calling one of the rulers of Asgard (a Norse pantheon) by her GREEK name.

The Greek/Roman thing has been going on for a while and only because the Roman Gods are nothing more than the Greek Gods given Latin names (same origin stories and everything).

Jord/Gaea not so much.

Yeah, I was originally under the impression that this was a fight on neutral ground and I skimmed over the part stating Olympus invades Asgard. There's no way at all they can win that kind of fight, not in the Realm Eternal.

Fairly recently, I believe. My point being it doesn't matter as the different names represent the same being. Her being called Gaea because its the more familiar name over Jord doesn't mean she's pre-disposed for being "more on Olympus' side than Asgards", especially when she's actively serving ruling Asgard.

JakeTheBank
They fought before and neither side won. Greeks didn't believe in the Norse gods and vise versa.

Which doesn't invalidate my statement that Olympus stands no chance invading Asgard proper and winning.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Even if it was on neutral ground.. I see nothing that indicates Asgard is their superior like you and others have claimed. You made it seem like a stomp, and in fact, it's nothing of the kind

JakeTheBank
Even if it was on neutral ground.. I see nothing that indicates Asgard is their superior like you and others have claimed. You made it seem like a stomp, and in fact, it's nothing of the kind

Considering that Asgard consistently is portrayed with superior feats in just about everything that matters, it practically is.

The one advantage that Olympus has over Asgard is their "true immortality" as opposed to the Golden Apples of Idunn.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Well that, and being more powerful from top to bottom.... Asgard also has many more showings than Olympus so of course they will have more feats.

JakeTheBank
Well that, and being more powerful from top to bottom.... Asgard also has many more showings than Olympus so of course they will have more feats.

Debatable, especially when Asgard's top is pretty freakin' insane. People tend to think Asgard is just Odin, Thor, and Loki who a worth a damn and think everyone else is Sif or Warriors Three level. People who've read Journey into Mystery and Mighty Thor know that's not the case when you look at Asgard as a whole.

Not sure how having more showings and feats invalidates the level of said feats. Rune King Thor, for example, shows up in like three comics total. And anyone sane would clearly see that he was significantly more powerful than Odin who conversely shows up in hundreds of comics.

guy222
honestly its an even fight

Sundipped
I see a lot of things conflicting with my op.
Sorry guys but I admit I just made this thread on the fly without clear stips & a lack of knowledge about Olympus' side especially. However I do thank everyone for their input and I learned quite a bit from all these posts.

I was going to create a new thread with specific stips but I don't want to burn out this topic so I'll just suggest them here.

Olympus invades Asgard
Olympus brings the 12 major players as well as their artifacts and lesser known inhabitants but no beings comparable to let's say someone on Surturs level. Likewise, beings of this magnitude are ommited from Asgards side.

Asgard has their artifacts (no DA)
No Gaea (for either side)
All lesser inhabitants

Not trying to make it favorable for any side but at the same time not trying to make it a stomp either.

For everyone reading, disregard the original OP. If the original one continues to be referenced, feel free to quote this post. Carry on.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Sundipped
I see a lot of things conflicting with my op.
Sorry guys but I admit I just made this thread on the fly without clear stips & a lack of knowledge about Olympus' side especially. However I do thank everyone for their input and I learned quite a bit from all these posts.

I was going to create a new thread with specific stips but I don't want to burn out this topic so I'll just suggest them here.

Olympus invades Asgard
Olympus brings the 12 major players as well as their artifacts and lesser known inhabitants but no beings comparable to let's say someone on Surturs level. Likewise, beings of this magnitude are ommited from Asgards side.

Asgard has their artifacts (no DA)
No Gaea (for either side)
All lesser inhabitants

Not trying to make it favorable for any side but at the same time not trying to make it a stomp either.

For everyone reading, disregard the original OP. If the original one continues to be referenced, feel free to quote this post. Carry on.

It happens. No worries and the clarification should be welcome on either side. thumb up

Olympus still fails as the necessary power and numbers to invade Asgard successfully and win would have to be significantly beyond that of Asgard's own.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>