Good Guys Gone Badd

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Eternalfury
Good Guys that you would love see play the badd guy/villian and why....

Blight
Howard the Duck with the Infinity Gauntlet.

Digi
Batman, of course...if he just snapped and turned on everyone.

Cyclops....oh wait.

Hard to say, really. Good question though.

Blight
Being More serious:

There was a comic book that Darkhorse had made that was really good. It was a sort of "what if superman had gone berserk." It was called Will to Power.

Endless Mike
Doctor Strange (back to classic power levels, of course)

Bouboumaster
Reed Richards.

Sue already went rogue one time. I'd see him just snap, and go crazy. To stop him, Doom would have to team up with the good guys.

Existere
I was thinking today that I'd love to see an alternate Avengers where Thor was a villain and Loki was one of the starting avengers, assembled to shut down the murderous god of thunder.

Has this been done? The whole evil Prof X/good Magneto bit has happened a few times, I'd love to see that reverse dynamic with Thor and Loki.

Entity
Originally posted by Existere
I was thinking today that I'd love to see an alternate Avengers where Thor was a villain and Loki was one of the starting avengers, assembled to shut down the murderous god of thunder.

Has this been done? The whole evil Prof X/good Magneto bit has happened a few times, I'd love to see that reverse dynamic with Thor and Loki. I think this would be very interesting. I mean how many characters rolls haven't we seen reversed atleast once or twice in the past or what ifs or alternate futures or something.

I can't say I've ever seen a bad Thor good Loki story. Not that it hasn't happened. It may very well have, as I read very little Thor outside of Avengers.

If this has happened I'd very much like to know when, I'd be very interested in checking that out.

JakeTheBank
Closest thing to that was when they switched bodies and Loki went nutso as Thor.

Digi
What If's are useless to me for this though, because they just flip a character's disposition and beliefs. I'm far more interested in this actually happening to an existing character, to see their rationale behind it and the changes they go through.

Like Wonder Man recently, though we didn't get to see the transformation, just the before & after.

Cogito
Captain America turns bad while retaining his influence

Galan007
I'd like to see current Tony Stark go bad. Imagine the possibilities.

Newjak
Tony I always thought would be cool,

Thor would be another good one.

Captain Marvel I wouldn't mind seeing that one.

I can agree with Batman/Reed Richards

The Question maybe

Cogito
Cap and Tony go bad together duster

Omega Vision
Hasn't this happened at some point or another to just about any hero you can come up with?

abhilegend
Captain marvel or wonder woman.

-Pr-
Cyclops is still the bad guy. sad

Mindship
Surfer...Herald Madness...still waiting for it...

(...though Exiles Surfer was pretty good).

Galan007
Originally posted by Mindship
(...though Exiles Surfer was pretty good). Yeah, until they introduced "Silver Sabertooth" lulz.

Existere
Black Bolt gone bad would be pretty great. Silent War was close to the mark, but a full blown war between Attilan and, say, the Avengers would be pretty cool stuff.

Aquaman would be sweet too. Any of the major kings declaring war is where my head's at, I guess.

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by Existere

Aquaman would be sweet too.

It would last one single issue. At best.

Blight
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
It would last one single issue. At best. Yeah, Atlantis destroys nearly everything and Sinks Themascyra, then Wonderwoman wages war on Aquaman.... sounds Familiar.

But no way that could be because that would last more than an issue...

-Pr-
It would last one single issue. At best.

Yeah, because invading the land with the largest army on the planet will only last one issue.

Endless Mike
Originally posted by -Pr-
Yeah, because invading the land with the largest army on the planet will only last one issue.

It will if it's a Swamp Thing issue evil face

abhilegend
I'm glad you see the truth.

Bouboumaster

Nah, because when Superman would put his hands on Aquaman, it'd be done.

-Pr-
Nah, because when Superman would put his hands on Aquaman, it'd be done.

Aquaman's made Superman back off before. And there's still an army to contend with.

Blair Wind
Originally posted by Galan007
I'd like to see current Tony Stark go bad. Imagine the possibilities.

Last time Tony went bad his transformation didn't make much sense to me. Kang successfully messed with his mind and he started killing Avengers and fighting his closest teammates. There was no real progression to it - he just went evil and died that way.

I think a current Tony, post extremis, could make more sense if they played up the fact that it was starting to corrupt his mind, distancing himself from humanity (like it did in the beginning).

Edit: I take that back. I'd rather see a transformation of character, slowly made by changing perspectives than an anomaly forcing the change on a character.

abhilegend
Aquaman's made Superman back off before. And there's still an army to contend with.
When did arthur made superman back off? Just curious.

Badabing
Aquaman's made Superman back off before. And there's still an army to contend with. So did Batman. biscuits

Mindship
Originally posted by Galan007
Yeah, until they introduced "Silver Sabertooth" lulz. Yeah, that kinda demeaned the whole thing. That's why still waiting for: Herald Madness Surfer.

bangerlethalwaveysilversurferlethalwaveybanger

-Pr-
Originally posted by abhilegend
When did arthur made superman back off? Just curious.

It was during an arc where there was weather instability, and a lot of flooding was going on. Superman came to Aquaman to ask if he was the one causing it, to which Aquaman's reply was basically "Go **** yourself, you can't be that retarded".

Bouboumaster
It was during an arc where there was weather instability, and a lot of flooding was going on. Superman came to Aquaman to ask if he was the one causing it, to which Aquaman's reply was basically "Go **** yourself, you can't be that retarded".

Well, if I'd be the writer, it would have gone like this:

Aquaman: "You can't be that retarded"

Superman: "Oh yes, I am!" *BAM! A ****in' right directly in the middle of the face, followed by one or two headbutts"

Aquaman: "Wait, Superman! Clark! Stop it!"

Superman: "**** off, Aquadouche!" *Another right; the lame king of Atlantis is floored.*

-Pr-

Superman: "Oh yes, I am!" *BAM! A ****in' right directly in the middle of the face, followed by one or two headbutts"

Superman: "**** off, Aquadouche!" *Another right; the lame king of Atlantis is floored.*

You really don't know the first thing about Aquaman, do you...

Though I guess I'm not really surprised.

Entity

Superman: "**** off, Aquadouche!" *Another right; the lame king of Atlantis is floored.* Wow so Aquaman is written accurately n Superman is actually made interesting?

Bouboumaster, u ever tried writing comics?

-Pr-
lol

abhilegend
Ah, I remember it now. Later kal took out arthur with a normal HV.

abhilegend
Yeah, that kinda demeaned the whole thing. That's why still waiting for: Herald Madness Surfer.

bangerlethalwaveysilversurferlethalwaveybanger
All they have to stop surfer would be to snatch the board away from him.
stick out tongue

-Pr-
Ah, I remember it now. Later kal took out arthur with a normal HV.

Not in that issue, unless I'm misremembering.

Mindship
All they have to stop surfer would be to snatch the board away from him.
stick out tongue He'd just expand his feet into skiis...Herald Madness does wtf things like that.

abhilegend
He'd just expand his feet into skiis...Herald Madness does wtf things like that.
Or tumble like a girly girl like always.stick out tongue

Mindship
Or tumble like a girly girl like always.stick out tongue Girly man. He has yet to scream as he tumbles.

abhilegend
^I've seen him screaming while falling from his board, hence girly girl.

Endless Mike
Because showing weakness means you are a woman, and vice-versa. Cut it out with this sexist crap.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Because showing weakness means you are a woman, and vice-versa. Cut it out with this sexist crap.
Hey mike, just having some fun man. No sexism.

Mindship
^ What he said.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.