Andrew Bennett & Shade Vs Ghost Rider & Talisman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prep-Man
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/3/31566/2199326-ivamp_cv9_nmbvcxz2134560987jjjjj_large.jpg
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/10/101137/2062235-shade_color_large.jpg

vs

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/10/107526/2131293-ghost_rider._large.jpg
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/1/19940/433141-talisman_151_large.jpg

guy222
blaze/talisman

byrdgang21
Idk about Bennett but The Shade is supposedly very powerful. I think this could be very close.

Existere
It was an interesting fight until I read 'Talisman'.

Marvel for the stomp.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by byrdgang21
Idk about Bennett but The Shade is supposedly very powerful. I think this could be very close.

Yeah, read the last issue of Shade. Before hand, even Spectre aknowleadges his power. Andrew just easily killed Cain who was sucking up the earths magic.

-K-M-

guy222
zarathos' power has grown

along with talisman marvel takes this

-K-M-
Do you like the new female Ghost Rider guy?

guy222
yes my friend

alejandra great potential

she fared well vs sin and destroyed the mysterious adam had mephisto beat

the art was incredible

and the classic pull and tug with zarathos for control was excellent

stupid marvel cancelled it dumb f******

-K-M-
Yeah I was surprised they cancelled it when they did, but they cancelled like 5-6 other books at the same time. Marvel said they needed to lower the amount of books they put out, but since then they have pumped out more books going against what they said earlier.

guy222
bunch of liars its sad really but

maybe they greenlight another rider series with blaze and she'll have a few cameos

nice how they went separate ways and she was still mad at johnny

Prep-Man
Originally posted by -K-M-
Shade is a BEAST, one of the most underated characters out there. HOWEVER, he is magical based (unless that has changed since the reboot). That means his powers are cancelled out by Talisman.

I don't know anything about Andrew but if he is magical based then this is a horrible matchup for DC.

When did it say he was magical? Because his latest series hints it's not magical at all.

DarkSaint85
Just wanted to pop this out there - I don't think its a stomp in anyone's favour, like Existere said.

Here, Dr Fate (Kent Nelson, no less) specifically says Shade ISN'T magical. And that using magic would make Shade hard to beat, even the Spectre would have difficulty:

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj172/galan007_pics/shade_powers10.jpg

Prep-Man
thumb up

People should start reading Shade maxi series. It's pretty damn good. And I agree, it's by no means NOT a stomp.

-K-M-
Originally posted by Prep-Man
When did it say he was magical? Because his latest series hints it's not magical at all.

Way back in in the pre-reboot. As Nightshade mentioned him and her are magical during Shadowpact I believe

His pre-crisisorigin was he manipulated shadows with a magical cane as he appeared in Flash

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Just wanted to pop this out there - I don't think its a stomp in anyone's favour, like Existere said.

Here, Dr Fate (Kent Nelson, no less) specifically says Shade ISN'T magical. And that using magic would make Shade hard to beat, even the Spectre would have difficulty:

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj172/galan007_pics/shade_powers10.jpg

Looks like it was a retcon then, as during Days of Vegenance they said he was magical. Also no, I have read Shade and he is no way a match for Spectre. Show me beating someone on the likes of GR and Talisman then.

Galan007
Team 1.

-K-M-
How Galan?

I assume because of Adam, but is he magical?

Galan007
No reason. I just know it angers you. evillaugh

In all honesty, the source of Andrew's powers haven't yet been revealed. If he is anything like Cain, then his powers wouldn't be magical in the conventional sense of the word.

-K-M-
Well played
http://chzgifs.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/funny-gifs-ncis-hong-kong.gif

I heard he will be joining JL Dark, so they will will most likely be magical

Galan007
It could very well be magic in the conventional sense, but as of now, we just don't know.

All we know is that Andrew was gifted with this power by external (seemingly omnipotent/all-knowing) forces. Per said forces, Cain existed before magic surfaced on earth, and as such, could bend the rules to his will. Per Andrew, these forces made him Cain's equal and opposite--a claim he made fact with the feats he preformed.

So IF Andrew's power also stems from a primordial source, like Cain's does, then it's not really magic per se, thus I have my doubts that Talisman could muck with it. /shrug

-K-M-
Meh! The Great Beasts/Llan are older then the Earth and she didn't seem to have trouble maniplating them. Guess we will have to see

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Galan007
It could very well be magic in the conventional sense, but as of now, we just don't know.

All we know is that Andrew was gifted with this power by external (seemingly omnipotent/all-knowing) forces. Per said forces, Cain existed before magic surfaced on earth, and as such, could bend the rules to his will. Per Andrew, these forces made him Cain's equal and opposite--a claim he made fact with the feats he preformed.

So IF Andrew's power also stems from a primordial source, like Cain's does, then it's not really magic per se, thus I have my doubts that Talisman could muck with it. /shrug

Doesn't the Shade's power alsoo come from a primordial source, i.e. the Darkness where the GEB came from? I admit, KM's assertion that he is indeed magical has shaken me - I haven't kept up with him recently. pre-reboot.

Galan007
Originally posted by -K-M-
Meh! The Great Beasts/Llan are older then the Earth and she didn't seem to have trouble maniplating them. Guess we will have to see Old or not, they're still magical beings in the conventional sense, no? Cain isn't. If Andrew's power stems from the same source as Cain, then he wouldn't be either.

thumb down @ unknown variables.

Doesn't the Shade's power alsoo come from a primordial source, i.e. the Darkness where the GEB came from? I admit, KM's assertion that he is indeed magical has shaken me - I haven't kept up with him recently. pre-reboot. Haven't kept up with him much in recent years either. I know his power comes from a source completely separate from the Godwave, though. /shrug

-K-M-
Old or not, they're still magical beings in the conventional sense, no? Cain isn't. If Andrew's power stems from the same source as Cain, then he wouldn't be either.

thumb down @ unknown variables.

Never explained, we just assume.

Doesn't the Shade's power alsoo come from a primordial source, i.e. the Darkness where the GEB came from? I admit, KM's assertion that he is indeed magical has shaken me - I haven't kept up with him recently. pre-reboot.

Hey it's not definitive, it could be retconned once again. He might be non-magical since the reboot or even before the reboot. Look at the example of Cloak and Dagger for years they flipped flopped back and forth saying they are or their not a mutant. That flip flop happened three times in a span of a few months during Dark Reign

Prep-Man
No reason. I just know it angers you. evillaugh

In all honesty, the source of Andrew's powers haven't yet been revealed. If he is anything like Cain, then his powers wouldn't be magical in the conventional sense of the word.

Cain is still alive, no?

Galan007
Yeah. I don't think he can die, tbh.

Prep-Man
Yeah. I don't think he can die, tbh.

No, what I meant is was that Cain who was forming out of mist at the end of I Vampire?

Galan007
Presumably.

Galan007
Cool little trick:
http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/11947137_IVampire_9_TheGroup_012.jpg

guy222
thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.