Thor vs Zom Strange

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

keiththegreat
No bfr

carver9
Lol...this fight isn't fair at all.

Uriel005
Assuming Strange doesn't fear being completely overwhelmed by Zom? Strange. If he has any care for retaining his mind he still takes it 6-7/10

zopzop
Man fuggin' WWH (and all following appearances) screwed Zomling/Strange over badly. Basically all he resorted to was punching stuff.

The Zomling can CONSUME magical energy in order to reconstitute itself to the FULL Zom.

PISless Zomling/Strange should win but since the writers don't even make mention of this ability any more, Thor takes it through sheer versatility.

tkitna
Why is this still open?

Thor gets raped

PillarofOsiris
WWH beat him. Thor has more options at his disposal than WWH, and he's beaten tougher opponents than this (based on Zom Strange's fight with WWH, and that seems like the version of Zom Strange that the OP is talking about). Beating Zom was probably WWH's greatest feat though. Thor would need to whip out some exotic stuff to win.

Damborgson
Thor wouldn't be able to endure what Hulk did thats for sure. But he has other ways to deal with him. So that he wouldn't have to be put in that situation Hulk did. He also probably wouldn't be pounding him down so much as having to whip out the more powerful exotic things he can do. He'll win in the end though.

Sr J-Bieb
Thor shatters the glass cannon.

Colossus-Big C
Thor cant endure what strange did to hulk. The only reason hulk won was because his healingg factor and increasing strength. Zom was punching TV size holes straight through hulk like a hot knife through butter. Just one punch like that would kill thor.

Damborgson
Good thing Thor has more abilities to rely on that would prevent that from happening...and arguably better durability.

carver9
Not trying to downplay Thor but he gets one shotted. Zom Strange stomps and stomps badly at that. Strange blitzed the hell out of Hulk and proceeded with super speed punches that was powerful enough to blow holes clean through Hulk. This is the same Hulk that withstood attacks from Juggernaut and an unleashed Sentry, etc...

Thor dies 10/10

nwg202
Strange

Nihilist
Thor wins.

If Zomstrange fights like he did against Hulk he gets wrecked, people make a big deal about him punching holes in Hulk yet forget his durability was piss poor in that story

Endless Mike
Strange in that arc didn't impress me, even using that little fragment of Zom

quab
Zom wins this fight handily. Sorry Thor erm

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
Thor shatters the glass cannon.

This.

zopzop
Originally posted by zopzop
Man fuggin' WWH (and all following appearances) screwed Zomling/Strange over badly. Basically all he resorted to was punching stuff.

The Zomling can CONSUME magical energy in order to reconstitute itself to the FULL Zom.

PISless Zomling/Strange should win but since the writers don't even make mention of this ability any more, Thor takes it through sheer versatility.
I stand by that comment. Hulk isn't powered by and doesn't give off mystic energy. The Zomling would amp off Mjolnir something fierce, he feeds on magic. Don't make me post the scans, I don't feel like digging them up.

If the writer remembers that the Zomling feeds off magic, Strange SMASHES Thor.

JakeTheBank
WWH, the event, had a lot of people fight down on Hulk's level.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
WWH, the event, had a lot of people fight down on Hulk's level.

He beat who he's always beaten/been supposed to beat, without any ambiguity.

Anyone else, and there were extenuating circumstances/ambiguity.

The Sorrow
Thor could win but not in melee.
Punching holes clean through Hulks body would take crazy power, Thor isn't taking many of those punches. IIRC Hulk needed a hand from Skaar and Hiriom in the rematch and Zom Strange was still only using physical might. Thor would need to bring down the lightning from the outset to have a chance of winning.

SamZED
If Zom fights Thor the same way he did Hulk Thor takes this.

Slaanesh
Zom takes this..

tkitna
The only chance in hell that Thor has is if some lame writer like Pak wrote the story. The jobbing that went on during WWH is what legends are made of.

carver9
I didn't see any jobbing with the Zom fight. Hulk healing factor kept him in the game and his dynamic strength increase gave him the win. Thor doesn't have this luxury (strength increase and healing factor). The last time Zom was shown, he was even more powerful than he was when he fought WWH. Hell, Hulk even stated that Zom was stronger than him.

tkitna
Originally posted by carver9
I didn't see any jobbing with the Zom fight. Hulk healing factor kept him in the game and his dynamic strength increase gave him the win. Thor doesn't have this luxury (strength increase and healing factor). The last time Zom was shown, he was even more powerful than he was when he fought WWH. Hell, Hulk even stated that Zom was stronger than him.

I see where your headed, but when a character is involved that is so powerful that the Living Tribunal needs to step in, I have trouble with the story. Pak could have allowed Strange to grab numerous mystic beings, but no, he chose Zom just so he could wank WWH even more. You can argue that Strange was holding Zom back all you want, but even an ounce of his power should be more than enough to destroy a character as irrelevant as the Hulk. Seriously, it makes me think of stepping on an ant hill and one of those ants is the Hulk, and thats even with the handicap Strange laid on him. It was all just a bunch of humongous Hulk wanking.

carver9
Originally posted by tkitna
I see where your headed, but when a character is involved that is so powerful that the Living Tribunal needs to step in, I have trouble with the story. Pak could have allowed Strange to grab numerous mystic beings, but no, he chose Zom just so he could wank WWH even more. You can argue that Strange was holding Zom back all you want, but even an ounce of his power should be more than enough to destroy a character as irrelevant as the Hulk. Seriously, it makes me think of stepping on an ant hill and one of those ants is the Hulk, and thats even with the handicap Strange laid on him. It was all just a bunch of humongous Hulk wanking.

I understand that but that still doesn't discredit the ft, especially what Hulk endured. That ft was a testament of Hulks durability AND strength (he basically two pieced him). Did they throw everything and their grandmoma at Hulk to present him as a Marvel, threat? Yes. Did the writers even hype him up as one of the most powerful monsters to walk the planet? Yes. But even with all of this, we can't discredit what happened on panel. Zom stomps by the way.

SamZED
Can we all agree that Hulk's strength and durability was shown accurately but at the same time it was plot that prevented Zom from flicking Hulk out of existence?

carver9
Originally posted by SamZED
Can we all agree that Hulk's strength and durability was shown accurately but at the same time it was plot that prevented Zom from flicking Hulk out of existence?

I agree with this.

Horrificus
Originally posted by Damborgson
Good thing Thor has more abilities to rely on that would prevent that from happening...and arguably better durability. Thor is one of the most durable characters in comics. And, probably THE most versatile.

Thor ftw.

Damborgson
Originally posted by Horrificus
Thor is one of the most durable characters in comics. And, probably THE most versatile.

Thor ftw.

Hulk heavily relies on his HF. Thors got higher durability and other more usefull abilities to prevent a situation like hulks from happening.

Your right he's either the most versitile or 2nd to surfer. Either way though...

PillarofOsiris
Thor used to be one of the most versatile. Nowadays amping his lightning is about as versatile as he gets. He barely even uses his shields anymore. I'd be curious to see if he still even possesses a lot of the more esoteric powers he's displayed in the past (i.e. controlling magnetism, shrinking people, heat, etc.). It's a shame, JMS was setting him up to be so awesome (especially when he started controlling the earth itself, not due to the OF, but his heritage as son of Gaea). It seems like after the Rulk fight, all the great work JMS did on Thor went down the toilet.

Dampyre
Thor will try to physically mix it up with ZomStrange and get flattened. If Thor had a brain and fought smart he could possibly win but he won't.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.