Magneto vs Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

keiththegreat
Magneto has 100 adamantium bullets. Fight in Australian outback. No BFR. Who wins?

Starscream M
Magneto

PillarofOsiris
Thor

Damborgson
Thor

abhilegend
Thor barely.

The Sorrow
Magneto

Hulkbuster1
Magneto stomps this is spite thread. Mags can use thors hammer and pound him showing whose the new worthy daddy. he can use is helmet and crush his head heck thor is based of nordic gods known for using metal gear,weapons and such. Mags can also use thors godly iron in his body and crush him from within. Thors just to overpowered mags sheild can block lightning and if mags can grab thors hammer and speed blitz him in the head

Raptor22
Thor

Godly iron?

Hulkbuster1
Originally posted by Raptor22

well humans have iron
thor is a god with a human form ,similar to our lord Jesus christ, so based on reason and clever deduction skills my dear watson, one can assume he has iron in his body and amplified by his god status and electrical current making him a walking super magnet for magneto. its basic science and stan lee writes scintific stuff on his comics.
Thor

Godly iron?

Raptor22
But Thor isn't a God in human form. He's an Asgardian God in Asgardian form. And to be honest I dont really know if Asgardians have iron in their blood, but if they do i doubt it will be easier to manipulate in thor than in humans. If anything id assume it would be harder.

Hulkbuster1
Originally posted by Raptor22
But Thor isn't a God in human form. He's an Asgardian God in Asgardian form. And to be honest I dont really know if Asgardians have iron in their blood, but if they do i doubt it will be easier to manipulate in thor than in humans. If anything id assume it would be harder. True but I assume he does because he has other human aesthetic like hair,nails,blood cells etc and lighting and iron create magnetism so he would be at an even bigger disadvantage if he were to use his bolts to strike or amp up

ozz81
Thor

Batman-Prime
Mags if he is evil. Thor if Eric is a hero.

PillarofOsiris
Remember Thor can control magnetism too... On a planetary scale.

abhilegend
I changed my mind. Magnus wins.

Estacado
Originally posted by PillarofOsiris
Remember Thor can control magnetism too... On a planetary scale.
And Erik can control magnetism on a solar systemic scale...shifty

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by Estacado
And Erik can control magnetism on a solar systemic scale...shifty

And Thor has about 1,000 others powers besides just magnetism.

AsbestosFlaygon
Originally posted by PillarofOsiris
And Thor has about 1,000 others powers besides just magnetism.
And Magneto has other powers besides just magnetism.

basilisk
Thor.

Digi
The OP stips basically acknowledge that Thor wins in a regular fight, which is true. So the question becomes whether or not the adamantium bullets do the trick.

I think they could. Not sure though.

D-Block
Thor wins but he better cut lose.

Endless Mike
Thor sends the bullets to another dimension and bashes Mags' head in with Mjolnir

iceman24567
Thor

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Thor sends the bullets to another dimension and bashes Mags' head in with Mjolnir

thumb up

ozz81
Didnt thor allready defeat magneto in the 80s comic forgot the issue though etc..

Mindset
Originally posted by ozz81
Didnt thor allready defeat magneto in the 80s comic forgot the issue though etc.. How is that even relevant to this thread?

ozz81
Originally posted by Mindset
How is that even relevant to this thread?

Sorry champ dont want to argue coz it relates to the topic etc i was thinking that if Thor defeated Mags before he'd have the edge to a certain extent over mags etc...

Damborgson
Originally posted by Mindset
How is that even relevant to this thread?

because it is

Mindset
Sorry champ dont want to argue coz it relates to the topic etc i was thinking that if Thor defeated Mags before he'd have the edge to a certain extent over mags etc... You are forgiven, sport.

Uriel005
Originally posted by Estacado
And Erik can control magnetism on a solar systemic scale...shifty beyond that if his last fight with Iron man is anything to go by.

PillarofOsiris
Didnt thor allready defeat magneto in the 80s comic forgot the issue though etc..

yes. in fact he overpowered his magnetic shields.

red sabre
thor can easily deflect those bullets by creating a huricane with mjolnir , if the adamantium bullets still able to tag him i guess he wont be killed since lets face it he was hurt many times and didnt die, thor was penetrated many times and didnt die he is not a human, therefor even in the worst case he will survive the bullets and kill magneto

PillarofOsiris
Like someone said earlier, Thor can just teleport the bullets into another dimension. then the fight is all but over. Hopefully Thor doesn't just go in swinging off the bat.

Odekahn
I really don't see what the bullets being adamantium have to do with anything. I would think if it really empowered Mags that much, he'd always walk around with a bag of adamantium marbles. And as far as I know, adamantium is indestructible.... that doesn't mean it can penetrate things easier, it just means that nothing can break or penetrate it. So in my mind the question is if Mags can launch them at a velocity that could wound Thor. I believe he can, but I also believe that he could do that with regular bullets.

I think this is a close fight depending on the situation. I'm going to have to agree with what someone said earlier... If Mags is a villain, he wins after a hard fought battle. If he's a hero, he gets obliterated.

juggerman
The Master of Magnetism

Existere
Originally posted by red sabre
thor was penetrated many times and didnt die he is not a human, Ha. ermmnone

Mshinu
Can Thor recall the hammer if Mags throws it trough a wormhole?

the Darkone
Originally posted by Mshinu
Can Thor recall the hammer if Mags throws it trough a wormhole?

Yes! It can cross time, dimensions if need be too come back to Thor!!

juggerman
Would Mags have any influence over Mjlonir at all? Like maybe Thor throws it and Magneto atlers its direction?

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by juggerman
Would Mags have any influence over Mjlonir at all? Like maybe Thor throws it and Magneto atlers its direction?

Yes, I imagine he would, at least for a time.

It would basically be putting Thor's willpower/Odin's enchantment versus Magneto's magnetic manipulation. At the end of the day, I'd say Thor would win that struggle.

Galan007
Tbh, I think Mags could stop a hammer-throw nearly as easily as Thanos did. /shrug

keiththegreat
Didn't Magneto control the hammer before?

Igniz
Originally posted by Galan007
Tbh, I think Mags could stop a hammer-throw nearly as easily as Thanos did. /shrug

http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc412/igniz6/Surtur/SurturSpeedReflexes/SurturBackhandsThor/Thor_V1351_p20.jpg

big grin

zopzop
Compare this :
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/11/117905/2376347-thor_jim109.jpg

To this :
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/12/121168/2366416-2365328_2031212_journeyintomystery10910lw1_super.jpg
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/12/121168/2376188- 2366414_2031015_486287_magneto87_super_super_super
.jpg
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/4/47816/1127050-magfiresstonesshield7jj.jpg

Still think Thor wins though.

Damborgson
Thor already proved he can cancel his force fields fortunately. And his own shields are nothing to laugh at either.

Igniz
Originally posted by Damborgson
Thor already proved he can cancel his force fields fortunately. And his own shields are nothing to laugh at either.

thumb up

Thor has never unleashed an attack on Magneto the way he did on Surtur.We all know what happens when Magnets are heated anyways.

abhilegend
Thor 6-7/10.

-Pr-
Thor.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Igniz
We all know what happens when Magnets are heated anyways.

Mags survived getting shot by Reavers' plasma gun and its projectiles were hotter than sun...

Starscream M
ppl on kmc love to underestimate Mags (cuz he's squishy) and overrate thor (cuz he's a 'god')

ODG
^ Shut up?

Starscream M
Originally posted by ODG
^ Shut up? that's uncalled for dood erm

ODG
^ Yeah, it pretty much is.

Starscream M
didn't figure you for a thorbag...

ODG
^ Figured you for a Thor hater who makes randomly unnecessary comments about being exasperated that people overrate Thor just "cuz he's a god" when that isn't even happening in the thread.

keiththegreat
I think the 100 adamantium bullets Mags gets here would rip Thor to shreds.

keiththegreat
Originally posted by ODG
^ Figured you for a Thor hater who makes randomly unnecessary comments about being exasperated that people overrate Thor just "cuz he's a god" when that isn't even happening in the thread.

I'm totally shocked that ur involved in ANOTHER flame war with ANOTHER poster.

Starscream M
Originally posted by ODG
^ Figured you for a Thor hater who makes randomly unnecessary comments about being exasperated that people overrate Thor just "cuz he's a god" when that isn't even happening in the thread. if you think thor has a chance given that magneto adamantium ammo, then I don't know what to say

magneto is a match for thor without adamantium...with it, its onesided to be frank

ODG
^ If you think I had even taken a position on this matchup in the first place, then I don't know what to say.

Pay attention or don't. And if you are paying attention, your deflection didn't work, btw. Originally posted by keiththegreat
I'm totally shocked that ur involved in ANOTHER flame war with ANOTHER poster. I'm totally shocked you are totally shocked that you're an idiot? Who are you again?

Besides, "flame war," is an understatement. I was clearly engaging in all-out intarnet genocides on Starscream M. Someone get Hague on the phone here. Phucking war e-crimes going on up in this shiznit.

Starscream M
Originally posted by ODG
^ If you think I had even taken a position on this matchup in the first place, then I don't know what to say.
well, if you don't have the conviction to take a stand, then don't bother coming in to this thread with your nonsense

ODG
Originally posted by Starscream M
well, if you don't have the conviction to take a stand, then don't bother coming in to this thread with your nonsense My not giving you my position has little to do with my conviction. If has a lot to do with you blundering about searching for something to criticize to deflect from your unintentional absentmindedness. It has everything to do with you being unhappy with getting your random and worthless comment thrown back in your face.

Don't be a tool and you won't get treated like one. And this is the internet, so you should expect to be treated like one anyway. So don't be so insulted when you bring it upon yourself.

In sum, "Shut up?"

Starscream M
if my comment was so random and worthless, why did you respond to it?

also, you're prob too dense to realize it, but my comment was very insightful in that one sentence I captured the entire dynamic of this thread

Badabing
ODG, I don't know why you started up in this thread, but if it continues you will receive a warning.

Edit: Guys, when you see someone trolling or flame baiting, please ignore them and report the post or PM a mod. Thank you.

ODG
if my comment was so random and worthless, why did you respond to it?

also, you're prob too dense to realize it, but my comment was very insightful in that one sentence I captured the entire dynamic of this thread Because I care about you.

Your comment had literally no relevance to this thread or its state. But thanks for suggesting declaring that we have you to rely on for such astutely cutting editorials on KMC discussion dynamics.

laff

Badabing
ODG, enjoy your warning.

ODG
^ Yes, sir.

h1a8
Thor can't block bullets from all angles at the same time, especially in the back of him (he's always falling for Surfer's board from behind trick). Mags wins by making the bullets come from all angles to Thor (some from behind him).

Philosophía
Magneto wins.

didn't figure you for a thorbag... lol

ODG
^ That surprised me too.

I still don't quite understand if I should take that as a compliment or not. ermm

rotiart
Magneto at his peak:
His shields have tanked class 100 bricks.
Storms lightning and weather
And here comes the Thor an amalgam of that?

What necessarily am I missing. This isn't an argument of good versus na mags its more peak vs weak mags.

And don't bring up the soul suck argument unless you can show it was used on humans.

The teleporting projectile trick I'm unclear with so I'd have to wonder... If mags could lift all of asteroid m... Into space... What what level of strength do you think he could employ those bullets at if he really wanted.?

I'm going with Erik

rotiart
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a140/MightilyOats/Magneto87.jpg

btw my comment about the projectiles is... i wonder if thor could teleport omething that was moving incredibly fast... not so much that he can't teleport cause know he can... just instant teleportation of objects all around him coming at him at high rates.

Philosophía
Originally posted by ODG
^ That surprised me too.

I still don't quite understand if I should take that as a compliment or not. ermm Your thorbagness pales in comparison with Rage's. You need to step that shit up.

cdtm
Mags has taken control of Thor's hammer before, right?

Yet, Thor's also absorbed Mag's magnetism. And, he can remote command the hammer.

He should be able to just create a null em spectrum area around the fight, and beat Mags down, or just send the hammer charging at him, if nothing else.

carver9
Magneto wins this. He has taken on the entire Avengers "including Thor" and was winning. Magneto wins 7/10.

ODG
^ So has a Doombot.

carver9
Originally posted by ODG
^ So has a Doombot.

It was the way Mags did it though. He took control of Thor hammer and used it against the team "including Thor".

ODG
^ Doombot just batted it away.

carver9
Originally posted by ODG
^ Doombot just batted it away.

Lol...I see where you are going with this ODG. Mags has fought the Avengers more than once and held his own. If Magneto can take control of Thors hammer, what options does Thor have at winning this? Let's not pretend that controlling Thor weapon will not be Mags first options because overall, it is.

ODG
^ I'm just posting random thoughts at this point. But AFAIK, Magneto has controlled Mjolnir as often as Thor has drained his electromagnetic field leaving him helpless.

carver9
I just read the OP and Magneto have a hundred adamantium bullets. WTF. Why is this still open?

keiththegreat
Could Thor survive one adamantium bullet through his brain? I tend to doubt it.

carver9
Originally posted by ODG
^ I'm just posting random thoughts at this point. But AFAIK, Magneto has controlled Mjolnir as often as Thor has drained his electromagnetic field leaving him helpless.

I understand that but I think it would be a more common thing for Erik to control Mjlonir than vice verse. Can't see how you'll disagree with this.

If Thor decides to drain him (which I don't see happening) then Thor could win this but that was Classic Mags who isn't as close in power as his current self.

cdtm
Originally posted by carver9
I understand that but I think it would be a more common thing for Erik to control Mjlonir than vice verse. Can't see how you'll disagree with this.

If Thor decides to drain him (which I don't see happening) then Thor could win this but that was Classic Mags who isn't as close in power as his current self.

If you only look at Mags vs Avengers, instead of Thor's entire history, it might seem less likely for Thor to use energy drain/manipulation powers.

But throughout his history, he's used it enough times on a range of characters from Celestials to Juggernaut to make it a viable tactic..

carver9
Originally posted by cdtm
If you only look at Mags vs Avengers, instead of Thor's entire history, it might seem less likely for Thor to use energy drain/manipulation powers.

But throughout his history, he's used it enough times on a range of characters from Celestials to Juggernaut to make it a viable tactic..

How many times out of 10 will he use it?

ODG
^ Exactly 15.2 times.

carver9
Lol...with that said, I concede.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.