Fantastic Four (2015)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

C-3POTheClever
I've heard News that they're re-booting Fantastic 4, but I really don't understand why. Why is it being re-booted?

Gecko4lif
Becuase the fantastic four movie are terrible

Greysen93
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
Becuase the fantastic four movie are terrible laughing

Patient_Leech
Because there is a comic book craze in Hollywood right now and they want to make money. Same reason they just remade Spiderman.. same reason they've redone Batman a million times, etc..

C-3POTheClever
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
Becuase the fantastic four movie are terrible I actually quite liked them. I thought they were fine films! But they weren't very dark compeared to most superhero films these days.

marwash22
they were good for what they were... complete shit to those who wanna dissect movies based on people getting superpowers from cosmic rays.

Gecko4lif
It it was good for a poorly acted, directed, and written movie

Only good thing to come out of it was Chris evans

marwash22
u like his body, bro?

Robtard
Nah, has to be his spectacular acting.

marwash22
lawl. i used to get him and Ryan Reynolds mixed up.

Robtard
Originally posted by marwash22
lawl. i used to get him and Ryan Reynolds mixed up when masturbating.

Fixed.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Robtard
Fixed.

no expression

laughing

no expression

marwash22
Fixed. wrong. I'm more of an Orlando Bloom kinda guy.

Robtard
That can't hardly be called gay, probably not even bisexual with how girly that dude is.

marwash22
I'm taking it slow (pause) not quite ready to fully commit. Orlando is a nice transition.

Gecko4lif
Marwash I will never let your gay ass live this down.

Never

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

marwash22
my ass isn't gay, just my penis. you should know this.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by C-3POTheClever
I've heard News that they're re-booting Fantastic 4, but I really don't understand why. Why is it being re-booted?

Because if FOX doesn't make Fantastic Four movies, the movie rights revert to Marvel. It's the same reason there is a Daredevil reboot coming. They need to perpetually make movies for theses franchises every couple of years or Marvel can take them back.

Robtard
Fox should buy this and release it.

r_X5C6e3ZeY

Diamond in the rough, yo. Diamond. In. The. Rough.

Impediment
The Fantastic Four films are absolute shit, and deserve a reboot. X-men, especially.

Doctor Doom is one of the greatest villains in all of comic book lore, and they turned him into a cheesy one liner spewing throwaway dork. Silver Surfer was also gimped beyond forgiveness.

the ninjak
Those films were every reason Marvel had to make their own studio.

Greysen93
Ha, yeah they do need to redo these, I didn't think they were awful, but they definitely could've been better.

Robtard
Heard Adrien "The Nose" Brody is in talks to play Reed Richards.

Impediment
I felt that everyone was cast perfectly, especially the Thing, with the exception of Jessica Alba. She just seemed so effing out of place, in my opinion.

roughrider
They should probably go the Ultimate route and make them all younger. That would be a better way to hook the younger fans.

the ninjak
Originally posted by roughrider
They should probably go the Ultimate route and make them all younger. That would be a better way to hook the younger fans.

Good idea. The comic angle has been playing that path for a while now.
Making Ben and Johnny the elders of the group would help in character development.

marwash22
Originally posted by Impediment
I felt that everyone was cast perfectly, especially the Thing, with the exception of Jessica Alba. She just seemed so effing out of place, in my opinion. Sue Storm ain't Mexican last i checked.

C-3POTheClever
Originally posted by the ninjak
Those films were every reason Marvel had to make their own studio. Didn't they already have there own studio? Weren't spiderman & X-Men Marvel studio? And they were made before Fantastic 4 were they not?

marwash22
I believe Iron Man was the first solo film from Marvel Studios. Marvel Studios... everything else was a co-production with Fox and such.

Esau Cairn
Sue Storm ain't Mexican last i checked.

And The KingPin wasn't black either but Michael Duncan Clarke didn't have a problem pulling off the role in Daredevil.

darthmaul1
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
And The KingPin wasn't black either but Michael Duncan Clarke didn't have a problem pulling off the role in Daredevil.

Yup and Harvey Dent wasn't black either but Billy Dee Williams played him in Batman.

For me a persons skin color does not matter, but it depends on the role they are playing.
Like Pete Ross on Smallville he wasn't Black but they got a black guy to play him. that is fine.

But i don't think you could pull off a Black superman & black Batman
but the lesser characters sure.

I didn't mind the Fantastic 4 movies but i don't own them. but it would be good to see a little more serious take on it. Same with Spiderman i hated the Tobey Mcguire ones. but the new one looks promising.

marwash22
And The KingPin wasn't black either but Michael Duncan Clarke didn't have a problem pulling off the role in Daredevil. different situation. There were plenty of white actresses to choose from who would have fit the role... not many (if none at all) giant white male actors who could fit the role.

Also, my comment was meant to be taken as seriously as you seemed to have taken it... i don't really care about her being Mexican, twas a joke. That said though, i would actually prefer for actors to be as close as possible to the character's physical traits.

C-3POTheClever
Originally posted by darthmaul1
Yup and Harvey Dent wasn't black either but Billy Dee Williams played him in Batman.

For me a persons skin color does not matter, but it depends on the role they are playing.
Like Pete Ross on Smallville he wasn't Black but they got a black guy to play him. that is fine.

But i don't think you could pull off a Black superman & black Batman
but the lesser characters sure.

I didn't mind the Fantastic 4 movies but i don't own them. but it would be good to see a little more serious take on it. Same with Spiderman i hated the Tobey Mcguire ones. but the new one looks promising.
Are the Tobey Mcguire ones the originals? You know, spider man 1, 2 & 3? I thought they were good, even spiderman 3, though not as good as the first 2.

Bouboumaster
Doctor Doom alone is a reason why it need a reboot. He sucked hard in the movies series.

Also, Galactus.

Esau Cairn

Also, my comment was meant to be taken as seriously as you seemed to have taken it... i don't really care about her being Mexican, twas a joke. That said though, i would actually prefer for actors to be as close as possible to the character's physical traits.

As much as I disliked the F4 movies & as little as I know about the characters from comics, I think Alba did the best she could.
Christ, she played eye-candy & played it well.

DARTH POWER
The first one was actually Ok, and quite profitable. The second was appalling. Who ever destroyed the story of Silver Surfer and Galactus like that ought to be shot!

I actually like Daredevil. I think a reboot is pointless there. It's not going to be any more financially successful in a reboot.

I wish these studios would just give up and let Marvel take the rights back. But as long as they can even make $100mill profit, that's not going to happen.

jinXed by JaNx
thought the first movie was ok, but the sequel is one of the worst comic flicks

Dr Will Hatch
Fox should buy this and release it.

r_X5C6e3ZeY

Diamond in the rough, yo. Diamond. In. The. Rough.

LOL at Doom using a revolver. I heard he only straights up shoots people when he thinks they're too pathetic to try and put in a death trap.

Kazenji
FANTASTIC FOUR to share the same universe as X-men

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/movienewsandreviews/news/?a=85630

Esau Cairn
I personally think the re-boot should be focussed & marketed to a children's audience. Kids too young to appreciate or understand MOS & the Batman/Nolan verse...or for that matter parents who think the superhero franchise is getting too dark to what they remember from their own childhood.

I mean I personally think Reed Richards' elongating powers to be too ridiculous to take seriously in a movie marketed to adults.

Kazenji
Well the Fantastic Four is suppose to be fun & exciting like 'The Incredibles'....which clearly rip off it.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Kazenji
Well the Fantastic Four is suppose to be fun & exciting like 'The Incredibles'....which clearly rip off it.

And yet FF had to redo some of their scenes because The Incredibles outshone FF when it came to action sequences using elongating bodies.

Kazenji
I'm hoping if they use Galactus again, We don't get a goddamn cloud.

BruceSkywalker
I'm hoping if they use Galactus again, We don't get a goddamn cloud.

if he did return keep him away until the sequel.. the first film should involve a better version of Doom

juggerman
I mean I personally think Reed Richards' elongating powers to be too ridiculous to take seriously in a movie marketed to adults.

I think plenty of films marketed to adults could benefit from such a power.......

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by juggerman
I think plenty of films marketed to adults could benefit from such a power.......

Keep your fisting fantasies to yourself. mad

Supra
Merging X-men with F4 sounds like a fantastic disaster..

Kazenji
Of course with Fox onboard....

He needs to have that presence like Darth Vader and they better include his origin with him going to a Tibetan monastery.

Darth Martin
Hopefully, because they realize Doom is the best villain in all of comics and needs to be done properly.

Tzeentch._
Dr. Doom.

... if there was ever a role made for Michael Fassbender.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Hopefully, because they realize Doom is the best villain in all of comics and needs to be done properly.

I'm not an FF fan...what makes Doom the best villain?

Kazenji
Apparently a black actress was going for the role of Sue Storm, She address's those rumors

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=89112

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
if he did return keep him away until the sequel.. the first film should involve a better version of Doom

Galactus would be a great vehicle to bring the Avengers and FF together.

Impediment
Apparently, Michael B. Jordan, a black actor, has been confirmed as Johnny Storm.

Thoughts? I can see the raging fanboy comments coming from the Internet.

-Pr-
He has to be adopted, unless Sue is gonna be black too.

Or maybe they'll use some genetic mumbo jumbo excuse.

I sincerely hope they haven't forgotten that Johnny and Sue are siblings.

Kazenji
I'm not an FF fan...what makes Doom the best villain?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v484/Ash_ED/Comic%20Scans/Comic%20covers/doom___victor_by_tylerwalpole_super_zpse701d6ae.jpg~original

Lestov16
Apparently, Michael B. Jordan, a black actor, has been confirmed as Johnny Storm.

Thoughts? I can see the raging fanboy comments coming from the Internet.

No issue with the race, but isn't he kinda young? I always imagined Johnny to be in his late 30's at best. Jordan still looks like he just graduated high school.

the ninjak
Originally posted by Lestov16
No issue with the race, but isn't he kinda young? I always imagined Johnny to be in his late 30's at best. Jordan still looks like he just graduated high school.

I always thought Johnny was supposed to be younger than Sue?
And the new FF origin should have a younger crew. Just entering University.
Building up to the fateful journey into space. Focusing more on the rivalry between Doom and Richards. That's how I'd write it.

FF would make a better TV series than a film personally. With the team not having powers until much later into the story.

Mindset
No issue with the race, but isn't he kinda young? I always imagined Johnny to be in his late 30's at best. Jordan still looks like he just graduated high school. Late 30's?

Do you read FF comics?

Spiderman and Johnny are like the same age.

Lestov16
No I do not.

That's a shock to me. IIRC, he was an USAF pilot before the space trip. You have to be a grown adult to do that.

Unless I'm thinking of Ben?

the ninjak
No I do not.

That's a shock to me. IIRC, he was an USAF pilot before the space trip. You have to be a grown adult to do that.

Unless I'm thinking of Ben?

From memory Ben piloted the ship. Johnny was an expert car driver with a troubled past.
Surprised he was even allowed on the ship. But he was definitely the youngest of the four.

And as Mindset stated he's the around the same age as Peter Parker. Who was a high schooler at the time of his transformation.

Lestov16
Is he really that young? He's younger than me.

Mindset
No I do not.

Unless I'm thinking of Ben? Johnny was a teenager when he got his powers.

Ben was a pilot/astronaut.

the ninjak
Is he really that young? He's younger than me.
Well he has obviously aged throughout the years. 50 yrs of Marvel comics.

But an important comicbook fact is comic characters don't age as fast as throughout the years as we do.

The original X-Men were teenagers as well. Now they are as far as I'm concerned in their 30s. Spidey and Johnny are as well.

Though characters have their ages manipulated at major stages in both the Marvel and DC universes.

roughrider
They'd delayed the release date from March 2015 to June 2015. I think there's a lot of infighting behind the scenes, regarding casting. Potentially casting black actors as Sue & Johnny, smacks too much of political correctness.

Lestov16
Being a black person, I have to admit it reeks of PC. It's just like James Bond. If people want cool black characters, start writing fiction with cool black characters instead of trying to change established ones.

Mindset
James Bond is black, you racist.

Mindship
If people want cool black characters, start writing fiction with cool black characters instead of trying to change established ones. Generally I agree, but I did like the transformation of Nick Fury into Samuel L. Jackson. Imo, he fits, as well as, say, Downey Bob jr fits Tony Stark.

the ninjak
Racism is the only reason why this film is put back on the shelf.

But why did race need to be brought up in the first place?

Charismatic actors fit certain roles. Race shouldn't be an issue.

But Johnny Storm , brother of Sue Storm was gonna cause controversy no matter what.

Mindset
Originally posted by Mindship
Generally I agree, but I did like the transformation of Nick Fury into Samuel L. Jackson. Imo, he fits, as well as, say, Downey Bob jr fits Tony Stark. Also MCD as Kingpin.

Stealth Moose
Being a black person, I have to admit it reeks of PC. It's just like James Bond. If people want cool black characters, start writing fiction with cool black characters instead of trying to change established ones.

Dolemyte.

Kazenji
Generally I agree, but I did like the transformation of Nick Fury into Samuel L. Jackson. Imo, he fits, as well as, say, Downey Bob jr fits Tony Stark.

That's because there is a Black Nick Fury with the Ultimate universe

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultimate_Nick_Fury

not sure who would've played the other Nick Fury if they went down that path......maybe Stephen Lang.

marwash22
Originally posted by Tzeentch._
Dr. Doom.

... if there was ever a role made for Michael Fassbender.

I've said it before, and i mean it, I'd cast Fassbender in multiple roles in the same movie, he's great!

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120329202617/jamesbond/images/1/12/Mads-mikkelsen.jpeg

Mads Mikkelsen, though, would be perfect as Doom.

Mindset
I will be playing Doom.

Mindship
Originally posted by Mindset
Also MCD as Kingpin. Aye. RIP big guy.

That's because there is a Black Nick Fury with the Ultimate universeI was aware of that, but didn't connect it to SLJ until I'd read somewhere that SLJ was in mind when they converted Fury even in the comics.

not sure who would've played the other Nick Fury if they went down that path......maybe Stephen Lang. Good choice.

the ninjak
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120329202617/jamesbond/images/1/12/Mads-mikkelsen.jpeg

Mads Mikkelsen, though, would be perfect as Doom.

Agreed. Mads would be perfect for the role.

TheOneFirestorm
Originally posted by C-3POTheClever

Because the movies sucked, and there was a damn complete freakin garbage abomination of Galactus as a damn cloud. That crappy captain America at least they freakin got the visual appearance of the red skull right.
How damn egregious was that the lions going 0-16 freakin egregious.

Kazenji
Originally posted by TheOneFirestorm
That crappy captain America at least they freakin got the visual appearance of the red skull right.
How damn egregious was that the lions going 0-16 freakin egregious.

With Red Skull would've liked him to be wearing that Red Skull mask like he does in the comics rather then an after effect from a experiment with the Super Soldier serum & hints of Hitler grooming him to a symbol

but oh well, It was still an okay portrayal of him.

TheOneFirestorm
With Red Skull would've liked him to be wearing that Red Skull mask like he does in the comics rather then an after effect from a experiment with the Super Soldier serum & hints of Hitler grooming him to a symbol

but oh well, It was still an okay portrayal of him.

Oh mistake captain America. Yes it was the cheap ass material but still can't deny it freakin resembled captain America's costume.

The cowboys continue to underachieve that's how I would describe the pathetic ff movies.

Firefly218
Originally posted by TheOneFirestorm

The cowboys continue to underachieve that's how I would describe the pathetic ff movies.

thumb up cowboys and ff movies both pis me off

Impediment
The new cast has been revealed.

Mindship
The new cast has been revealed. They're basing it on the Ultimate FF series. Great (not).

I like the Ultimate FF as a comic. But I want to see the original done right first in the movies. That means using mature adults for at least Reed and Ben. Not under-30 kids.

ares834
The new cast has been revealed.

laughing out loud

BruceSkywalker
shit casting

'nuff said

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
shit casting

'nuff said

thumb up

I like Kate. The others are nobodies and they don't really look the part.

Firefly218
Reed Richards: Matthew Morrison
Sue Storm: Kate Mara (why not)
Johnny Storm: Chris Pine

Fox should hire me

wakkawakkawakka
I'm not feeling this cast much at all but I do like the Ultimate FF route they appear to be going on.

Tzeentch
I can dig michael B Jordan as Johnny assuming the story for that works.

The other two dudes are lulz

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by Tzeentch
I can dig michael B Jordan as Johnny assuming the story for that works.

The other two dudes are lulz

Racist.

Robtard
The token black guy from Chronicle could work as Johnny.

Kate Mara is hot and isn't a horrible actress, so that's fine.

Bell is a crapish actor and I don't know a thing about the other guy.

marwash22
the other guy (Miles Teller) is the best actor of the bunch. Personality-wise he would have been a good Johnny.

Kazenji
Nothing been confirmed for the cast just seems to be Fox getting all excited.

Firefly218
Miles Teller has an extremely punchable face

Kazenji
They're basing it on the Ultimate FF series. Great (not).

That means Reed will be the villain eventually.

Mindset
Originally posted by Firefly218
Reed Richards: Matthew Morrison
Sue Storm: Kate Mara (why not)
Johnny Storm: Chris Pine

Fox should hire me Chris Pine is too old.

Or at least, he looks too old.

Firefly218
Alex Pettyfer or Josh Duhamel would work if pine looks to old.

If the movie went for an older reed Richards then James Badge Dale from the Departed and 24 would be an amazing fit.

Kazenji
The Colour barrier

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=51068

marwash22
Alex Pettyfer or Josh Duhamel would work if pine looks to old.

If the movie went for an older reed Richards then James Badge Dale from the Departed and 24 would be an amazing fit. Alex would be a good Iron Fist.

Firefly218
Alex would be a good Iron Fist.

thumb up

Fox could have screwed marvel over by hiring him for human torch. Now I think he'll be cast as iron fist.

BlackZero30x
The Colour barrier

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=51068 The article talks a bit about The Ultimate comics. Thing is Marvel had a chance to make any character in the UMU any race but they mostly stayed with white. They could have done this without much worry also because if fans didn't like the UMU they still had the 616. But like I said they didn't do it. Why do it now? Because it controversial. I don't think Johnny's color should have changed. I know people will disagree with me but I just simply don't like the changing of the race of a character.

Anyways I also have to dispute the "ownership" of the characters comments in the article. Yes Marvel owns the characters and they CAN do anything they want but only to an extent. In a way the consumer does in fact own the rights to the product because if you do something that pi$$es them off enough you stop getting their money. Once the money stops rolling in you either change things to what the fans want or you lose your company that simple. So they can have the "creative rights" but that doesn't mean that the consumer can't dictate what can and can't be done.

Firefly218
Originally posted by BlackZero30x
The article talks a bit about The Ultimate comics. Thing is Marvel had a chance to make any character in the UMU any race but they mostly stayed with white. They could have done this without much worry also because if fans didn't like the UMU they still had the 616. But like I said they didn't do it. Why do it now? Because it controversial. I don't think Johnny's color should have changed. I know people will disagree with me but I just simply don't like the changing of the race of a character.

Anyways I also have to dispute the "ownership" of the characters comments in the article. Yes Marvel owns the characters and they CAN do anything they want but only to an extent. In a way the consumer does in fact own the rights to the product because if you do something that pi$$es them off enough you stop getting their money. Once the money stops rolling in you either change things to what the fans want or you lose your company that simple. So they can have the "creative rights" but that doesn't mean that the consumer can't dictate what can and can't be done.

thumb up

FF is owned by fox, not marvel. If marvel owned ff, Johnny would most definitely be white.

Robtard
I'm more concerned with the studio casting a good actor who can fit the personality of the character than them casting a dunce with the "correct" skintone.

A Black Johnny Storm isn't a problem, imo. The biggest hurdle would be how he ties in to a white sister; which they can easily explain by saying he's adopted or that their mother had a fling with a black-guy and they're half-siblings, as two examples.

marwash22
your first scenario is a tragic perversion of the story, and the second is not plausible at all considering neither actor looks remotely biracial.

so yeah, i'd say Black Johnny Storm is a big phucking problem.

Robtard
An 'adoption' explanation is hardly a "tragic perversion of the story", it's so minor that it wouldn't affect much of anything.

There are biracial people who look distinctly black, but the 'mother had a fling' was more of a joke than an actual plausible idea to use.

It would probably be no more a problem than a "Black Heimdall" turned out to be.

marwash22
okay, it's a minor perversion. Point is, the shit is perverted, Rob.

like who?

Robtard
okay, it's a minor perversion. Point is, the shit is perverted, Rob.

like who?

Fair enough.

Top of my head, Jennifer Beals has a black father and and white mother; she looks caucasian though. It happens.

marwash22
nah, she doesn't look completely white... you can definitely tell she's partly black, or at least you'd question her ethnicity upon first seeing her. Kate Mara is whitest looking white woman there is, and there's not one person who would question whether Michael B Jordan is anything but black.

Your half-sibling scenario would be plausible if they had cast the likes of Jesse Williams and Rashida Jones.

Robtard
Most people wouldn't guess she's mixed, but there are other people who are mixed but look strictly like a single.

Adoption works better if they're doing with Mara and a black Johnny, imo.

marwash22
Rob, stop being a racist. erm

i agree that adoption is the better option. I still don't care for it tho.

Robtard
Oh, you, with the clever reversal of blame.

Just take deep breaths, a Black Johnny Storm isn't the end of the world; them making abother FF4 of the same shit-caliber as the first two, might be though.

DARTH POWER

Just take deep breaths, a Black Johnny Storm isn't the end of the world; them making abother FF4 of the same shit-caliber as the first two, might be though.

thumb up

Impediment
Who is that in your avatar, Rob?

Firefly218

Its his high school yearbook picture laughing

Just kidding

BlackZero30x
I'm more concerned with the studio casting a good actor who can fit the personality of the character than them casting a dunce with the "correct" skintone.

A Black Johnny Storm isn't a problem, imo. The biggest hurdle would be how he ties in to a white sister; which they can easily explain by saying he's adopted or that their mother had a fling with a black-guy and they're half-siblings, as two examples.

A lot of people say the same thing but my question is...Are we under the impression that there are no white actors that can play the role?

EDIT: I agree that I would prefer the better actor to the correct skin tone but I highly doubt there are no white actors that could play him.

thumb up

FF is owned by fox, not marvel. If marvel owned ff, Johnny would most definitely be white.

Indeed. Fox has such a rich line of characters and possible plots...why they keep focusing on Wolverine is beyond me. They need to get their heads out of their asses and do some quality superhero work.

jinXed by JaNx
Not being able to find a white actor to play johnny storm would just be an empty excuse

Robtard

Jeremy Clarkson (host of Top Gear UK) as a child. He looks like a young Hodor.

Robtard
Originally posted by BlackZero30x
A lot of people say the same thing but my question is...Are we under the impression that there are no white actors that can play the role?

EDIT: I agree that I would prefer the better actor to the correct skin tone but I highly doubt there are no white actors that could play him.

There probably are. But if this guy nailed it in the adution, why keep looking just because he's black, when the character's skintone doesn't have much to do with anything.

It's not like they cast Idris Elba as Joseph Goebbels in a WW2 film or Jeremy Renner as Martin Luther King Jr.

marwash22
from what i hear, the director was gonna cast Michael in the role no matter what, due to friendship; his and all other auditions were irrelevant.

Robtard
from what i hear, the director was gonna cast Michael in the role no matter what because of friendship, his audition was irrelevant.

That's both a poor and stupid way to go about casting. Only leads me to believe this will be another turd.

marwash22
Jeremy Clarkson (host of Top Gear UK) as a child. He looks like a young Hodor. laughing out loud

he really does look like young Hodor.

Mindset
That's both a poor and stupid way to go about casting. Only leads me to believe this will be another turd. marwash is making that up.

He just hates Michael because he's black.

Robtard
That ****ing Mouthwash, I should have known better.

marwash22
Rob, don't listen to whiteset.

Robtard

Mindset

Marsh Foster
The Fantastic Four have potential to become the next major blockbuster, especially considering X-Men crossover possibilities. I sure hope Fox knows what it's doing. smile

KCJ506
You know even if the cast was well received, this film has other things going against it. It's a reboot of a franchise most people consider to be meh and it's set to come out in a summer that's jammed pack with movies. Comes out about a month after Avengers 2. Comes out the same day as Pixar's Inside Out. So that's gonna cost them the family audience. And Terminator 5 and Jurassic World are also coming out around that time as well.

The Incredible Hulk underperformed at the box office for pretty much this reason. Being a reboot of a movie most people still had a bad taste in their mouths from. Coming out in between Iron Man and The Dark Knight. And movies such as Hancock, Wall-e, and Wanted coming out during the following weeks.

Lauren2
This is one of the movies that I am really waiting for. It will really give us an idea about the abilities of "Josh Trank" as a director.

Robtard
His ability level is at 7

P-Geyser

A Black Johnny Storm isn't a problem, imo. The biggest hurdle would be how he ties in to a white sister; which they can easily explain by saying he's adopted or that their mother had a fling with a black-guy and they're half-siblings, as two examples. laughing out loud you should see the negative backlash on IMDB. They are up in arms over the casting.

Kate Mara is one of my favorite actressess. She is talented(gorgeous as well)I was tired of seeing her take a back seat, to her younger sis. Though I am not bothered by the casting but what seems interesting is I heard the grapvine, that there was some intent on turning Dr. Doom into a female eek!

zeel
I really liked all the characters in the fantastic 4 movies, unfortunately the actual movies writing and directing sucked ass, especially the last one. All we saw of galactus was a image and he was defeated by silver surfer WTF man. The series has potential but suffers from stupid directors and crap story lines.

P-Geyser
Originally posted by P-Geyser
you should see the negative backlash on IMDB. They are up in arms over the casting.

Wow. I stated that there was negative backlash, but now it's gotten to a very ugly degree. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1502712/board/?ref_=tt_bd_sm

Jesus.

Robtard
Not reading it, cos it's probably just idiots trying to hide their racists views with nonsense points.

P-Geyser
Understand. I was a little shocked especially at a site such as IMDB. People are ripping Michael B Jordan apart as the new Human Torch.

ares834
Fantastic Four may dump director and recast.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/03/14/fox-looking-to-dump-fantastic-four-director-screenplay-and-recast-six-months-before-they-are-due-to-shoot/

Please, please be true. If this happens, Fox has almost no chance to create a F4 movie in time and the right will revert back to Marvel.

COG Veteran
Holy shit. I just clicked the link to the FF imdb comments and its almost unbelievable.

ares834
First time on the IMDB message boards I take it? lol

It's almost always like that.

That said the casting choices are pretty awful. Especially the choice for Mr. Fantastic.

COG Veteran
I'm very familiar with imdb but I never really cared for FF so I never visited the page until today.

P-Geyser
Originally posted by COG Veteran
Holy shit. I just clicked the link to the FF imdb comments and its almost unbelievable. I know. I usually frequent IMDB, but I will not post on the FF forum. People are really going apesh!t.

Time Immemorial
The Fantastic Four films are absolute shit, and deserve a reboot. X-men, especially.

Doctor Doom is one of the greatest villains in all of comic book lore, and they turned him into a cheesy one liner spewing throwaway dork. Silver Surfer was also gimped beyond forgiveness.

They both got the shaft. At least Doom got to take his board though and give it a spin.

Kazenji
Tim Blake Nelson in final Negotations to join the movie to be The Mole Man

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=52523

Firefly218

So Fantastic Four will be a big budget advertisement for environmental organizations. Mole Man is great, but bad for a film adaption

SpaceMonkey

No!!! I was hoping he'd eventually return to the MCU as The Leader.

wakkawakkawakka
This...this is going to suck isn't it?

SpaceMonkey
Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
This...this is going to suck isn't it?

Yes. This is going to suck. Bad.

zeel
the fantastic four movies had great actors unfortunately the stories were complete crap.

Kazenji
Originally posted by zeel
the fantastic four movies had great actors unfortunately the stories were complete crap.

Except for Jessica Alba.

TheOneFirestorm
Originally posted by zeel

And the Depection of Galactus was a Mile High Abomination.
The furthest damn thing that had 0 resemblance to Galactus.

One of the worst depections of a Super Villain in Comic Books Movies History.

Also Doctor Doom was not done justice at all. Really are you freakin kidding me his skin is detoriating from the radiation.

Kazenji
Marvel will be cancelling all the current F4 books in order to try and reclaim the movie rights
Read more at http://www.comicbookmovie.com/news/?a=101026#ZUx8e14y969kUsvl.99

this is just ****en stupid....

i fail to see what comic books have to do with movie rights.

jinXed by JaNx
well Its atleast a way to side with the fans, so I don't see a problem with their decision because the casting certainly doesn't show any kind of fan consideration. Nobody cares about the fantastic four anyway. No real loss

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>