USS Promethues vs Executor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Truculent
Hopefully the moderator will allow this:

Can the SSD Executor defeat the most powerful Federation warship?

*USS Promethues is armed with:
Multi-vector Assault
Ablative Armor (Borg tech)
Regenerative Shields (Borg tech)
360 degree arc phaser batteries
Quantum torpedoes

Q99
Executor- so big that you could fit literally thousands of Prometheuses inside of it.

Lengths- 414 meters vs 19,000 meters.

45 times the length, likely similar difference in height. Probably even greater difference in width.

Stealth Moose
So full on ramming, or just obliterate with superior firepower? The average ISD contains enough power for a small star, let alone the Executor.

Lord Lucien
The Executor's shield withstood the obliteration of three ISD's ramming in to at Hyperpsace velocity, with nary more than a angry outburst from Vader.

Q99
The only 'Star Treks' that can beat the Executor are the Star Fleet Battles/Star Fleet Command versions.

Zampanó
ooohh! Buzz Lightyear Vs. Darth Vader!

Lord Lucien
Relevant. I shamelessly use Borbarad's info from time to time.

UltimateAnomaly
'Reapers' from Mass Effect are pretty hardcore. They'd have a good fight with the Empire.

Padawan Obi-Wan
Can;t say I lovr the sig UA. Rulke of Two would go beter with two siths thta are master and apprentivce, in yours you have the dame person twice.

Stealth Moose
Big Reapers can carve holes in ME class starships, but they rely entirely on ablative armor and counter attack lasers. SW tech actually has shields. I don't think Reapers would last long against anything other than -maybe- a solitary ISD.

UltimateAnomaly
The ME Kinetic shielding? I mean, look how much it took to take down Sovereign when his shielding was down.
Hell. Unless the Empire has Superweapons capable of firing Red, Blue or Green waves of stupidness, Its gonna be a tough fight.

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by UltimateAnomaly
The ME Kinetic shielding? I mean, look how much it took to take down Sovereign when his shielding was down.
Hell. Unless the Empire has Superweapons capable of firing Red, Blue or Green waves of stupidness, Its gonna be a tough fight.

From the Codex:

Kinetic barriers are repulsive mass effect fields projected from tiny emitters. These shields safely deflect small objects traveling at rapid velocities. This affords protection from bullets and other dangerous projectiles, but still allows the user to sit down without knocking away their chair.

The shielding afforded by kinetic barriers does not protect against extremes of temperature, toxins, or radiation.

In short, the high energy multi-kiloton laser cannons of an ISD would chew right through ME kinetic barriers, because the latter are meant to stop ballistic projectiles, not energy weapons. That's pretty much why Sovereign nearly solo'd the Citadel fleet.

Also, we have no real measurement of the destructive power of the Reaper lasers. If they have higher or lower settings, I'm uncertain, because some of their shots on earth only destroy buildings. They don't glass planets.

... Hm. Thinking about Klendagon though. The trench from the weapon that was fired at the derelict Reaper. That's a lot of kinetic power to simply disable a Reaper. I don't think that invalidates superior Imp firepower, but the Reaper fleet (what is it, 2k?) could prove a problem.

Q99

RE: Blaxican
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
The Executor's shield withstood the obliteration of three ISD's ramming in to at Hyperpsace velocity, with nary more than a angry outburst from Vader. When/Where did this happen?

Lord Lucien
I believe it's the comic strip Race for Survival. It's about the Rebel's escape from Yavin and Vader's attempt to destroy their fleet.

Hmmm. Sounds like there's a canon contradiction, there.

In the Empire comic series, there's an issue that details what happened to Vader after the Yavin battle. After he regains control of his TIE he crash lands on the nearest Imperial held planet (some backwater hick place) and wanders the wilderness for a couple days, then makes it to the Imperial garrison there and uses their shuttle to fly back to Coruscant.

In that scenario, I doubt Vader would have even been around to chase the rebels away from Yavin, unless they spent a week after the battle sitting on their asses while Vader found his way back to civilization.

I've never read Race though, so I can''t really comment.

Lord Lucien
Me neither, I'm just inferring from Wookiee.

It seems to be about the last stages of evacuation from Yavin, where the Executor is destroying the Rebel fleet. An imperial admiral Griff is there with a couple of ships, and he's trying to beat Vader to the punch. He f*cks up a micro-jump through hyperspace and his three ISDs are obliterated on the Executor's shields while Vader curses his name. This allows the last part of the Rebel fleet to escape.

Q99
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican

In that scenario, I doubt Vader would have even been around to chase the rebels away from Yavin, unless they spent a week after the battle sitting on their asses while Vader found his way back to civilization.

Yavin wasn't abandoned after the battle- while they moved out the important stuff out right away, General Dodonna kept it active as a base for several months as a symbol to the galaxy.

The Imperials had a blockade (which wasn't very effective), but they waited for Vader before they moved to finally shut the base down so they could do it in a grand gesture.

Lord Lucien
The first mission for the Imperial storyline of Galactic Battlegrounds had Vader leading the final sweep of the Rebel base and capturing Dodonna.

Gotta wonder why the Rebels didn't bug out ASAP once the Death Star was destroyed. Screw celebrations, get the f*ck outta there.

Q99
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
The first mission for the Imperial storyline of Galactic Battlegrounds had Vader leading the final sweep of the Rebel base and capturing Dodonna.

Gotta wonder why the Rebels didn't bug out ASAP once the Death Star was destroyed. Screw celebrations, get the f*ck outta there.

Check out the new Guide to Warfare book that covers it.

Basically as long as it was standing, it was a big middle finger to the empire, "You tried to blow up this planet and we're still here." So they stripped it of the command staff and such, but Dodonna ran it as a skeleton base for awhile, and he was the only high staff still there. He was planning on bugging out before getting captured too, he just didn't do so in time.

Kind of makes you wonder why the imps "blockaded it" instead of just wiping the base off the face of the planet via orbitsl bombardment.

Q99
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
Kind of makes you wonder why the imps "blockaded it" instead of just wiping the base off the face of the planet via orbitsl bombardment.

Part of it was they simply didn't expect the rebels to stick around (the idea was the blockade would simply be to catch the fleeing ships and then go home), and then once they realized that Dodonna was staying, Vader wanted to make it's crushing into a grand gesture which took more time.

Basically everyone on both sides turned Yavin into a symbol and thus were choosing actions based on propaganda.

Aye, plot induced stupidity it is. It is star wars, though. Can't say that's especially surprising.

Q99
The Warfare Guide does it's best to try and come up with rational explanations, but it is a pretty tall task smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.