Gamora W/Godslayer vs Wolverine

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tony Stark
Who of these two assassins is truly "The best at what they do"?
All PIS/CIS turned off.

Stoic
Godslayer's full potential and list of feats are needed, or it's simply a cool sounding blade.

One
Wolverine has a huge advantage over her, because his weapons are incapable of being jarred from his grasp unlike Gamora's blade.

Two
Wolverine's healing factor is several times greater than Gamora's

I would give Gamora a slight edge over Wolverine in terms of sheer fighting skill, but I just don't see this edge great enough for her to turn this into a non contest. Again if Wolverine tags her a few times she's going down from the wounds, while Wolverine has taken abuse capable of ripping his face off, and flaying large portions of flesh from his body.

Wolverine wins this if he decides to give in and go berserk on her.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Gamora... By being better in virtually every area that matters...

Hyperion Prime
gamora

srankmissingnin
Wolverine wins via having better speed, skill, durability and healing factor feats. Simple. Gamora is neither fast nor skilled enough to engage Wolverine in melee combat without getting hit, and her healing factor isn't good enough to take a hit from Wolverine and keep her in the fight. That's it. There aren't alternative opinions to this question, if you don't agree with that assessment then you haven't read enough comics featuring either of these characters to formulate a valid opinion and as such what you think doesn't matter.

God Slayer is a non issue, the only thing it has ever done is break on Thanos.

MF DELPH
Gamora for the reason's Srank listed.

KuRuPT Thanosi
More speed.. you jest? more skill... you jest even more... Srank I can't take you serious when you say stuff like this...

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
More speed.. you jest? more skill... you jest even more... Srank I can't take you serious when you say stuff like this...

Gamora doesn't have a single speed feat of any note to her name. Literally. The closet thing she has to a speed feat was when she jumped at Ronan and there was some action lines trailing her... awesome? Skill? Again... Gamora has only fought one skilled character, it was Wolverine, and she didn't win. She pressure pointed The Thing... and then stated she couldn't have done it in a real fight if Sasquatch wasn't restraining him... and she agreed with Cyclop's assessment that she wasn't skilled enough to implement pressure points against him in combat either. Wolverine has wins over top ten martial arts, Gamora does not. Wolverine has successfully used pressure points in combat, against top 10 martial artists. I can back up why Wolverine (and every top 10 street level martial artists), all you can do is pretend like the notion is absurd... and hope that nobody notices there isn't any evidence that supports your claims. Other than you having a boner for Thanos, what makes Gamora faster or more skilled than Wolverine... because anyone who reads comics knows its not feats.

Read a comic.

Endless Mike
Gamora destroys him

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Gamora doesn't have a single speed feat of any note to her name. Literally. The closet thing she has to a speed feat was when she jumped at Ronan and there was some action lines trailing her... awesome? Skill? Again... Gamora has only fought one skilled character, it was Wolverine, and she didn't win. She pressure pointed The Thing... and then stated she couldn't have done it in a real fight if Sasquatch wasn't restraining him... and she agreed with Cyclop's assessment that she wasn't skilled enough to implement pressure points against him in combat either. Wolverine has wins over top ten martial arts, Gamora does not. Wolverine has successfully used pressure points in combat, against top 10 martial artists. I can back up why Wolverine (and every top 10 street level martial artists), all you can do is pretend like the notion is absurd... and hope that nobody notices there isn't any evidence that supports your claims. Other than you having a boner for Thanos, what makes Gamora faster or more skilled than Wolverine... because anyone who reads comics knows its not feats.

Read a comic.

Let me guess... you view the narration about her to be total hyperbole and not the CANON narration that it is? Or are you some where in the middle when it comes to her skill? I need to know before we can proceed.

srankmissingnin
Let me guess... you view the narration about her to be total hyperbole and not the CANON narration that it is? Or are you some where in the middle when it comes to her skill? I need to know before we can proceed.

"The most dangerous women in the Universe" tagline is about as relevant and germane to this conversation as Wolverine being "the best there is at what he does." She hasn't done anything that would allow for the possibility of her beating Wolverine. Words are just words, and words aren't worth shit with out something concrete to back them up. Based on feats Gamora can not beat Wolverine. It's that simple.

KuRuPT Thanosi
So you still didn't answer and just simply avoided the question.... What do you feel her skill level is... do you think it's a joke.. pretty good.. good... excellent.. WHERE EXACTLY DO YOU FALL?

srankmissingnin
Middle of the road.

Dream Stuff
Gamora has super speed, a healing factor, super strength, sufficient striking power to routinely send class 100+ bricks flying, sufficient skill to pressure point Thing unconscious (yes, he was held, but I'm referring more to the point of it bypassing durability), and sufficient durability to be completely unaffected by any of Wolvie's non-clawed attacks.

So, yeah, she takes it at least 8/10.

Bouboumaster
Gamora wins this.
She fought toe-to-toe with Maxam and Ronan, one being a brick in the realm of Hercules, Drax, etc, but have actually skills, and the other being powerful as hell, and having the hability to launch ranged attacks.

She's way more stronger that Wolverine, probably more skilled too (didn't she beaten Mantis?), aguarbly faster too.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Dream Stuff
Gamora has super speed, a healing factor, super strength, sufficient striking power to routinely send class 100+ bricks flying, sufficient skill to pressure point Thing unconscious (yes, he was held, but I'm referring more to the point of it bypassing durability), and sufficient durability to be completely unaffected by any of Wolvie's non-clawed attacks.

So, yeah, she takes it at least 8/10.

Cite a single Gamora speed feat. Just one.

Gamora is a moderately skilled, class 70... she lacks the skill or speed to engage Wolverine in melee combat without getting hit, and here healing factor and durablity aren't good enough for her to take a hit form Wolverine without being her effectiveness being significantly diminished.

Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Gamora wins this.
She fought toe-to-toe with Maxam and Ronan, one being a brick in the realm of Hercules, Drax, etc, but have actually skills, and the other being powerful as hell, and having the hability to launch ranged attacks.

She's way more stronger that Wolverine, probably more skilled too (didn't she beaten Mantis?), aguarbly faster too.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Because - you know - Wolverine has never fought Hulk, Thor, or Herc level opponents before...

Gamora has never beaten Mantis.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Middle of the road.

Is it your claim that a middle of the road combatant with class 70 strength (CONSIDERABLY MORE) than Wolverine... couldn't KO him? Is it your claim that class 70 strength isn't sufficient to put wolverine done for the count? I hope not considering he has been put down by less.

Bouboumaster
Cite a single Gamora speed feat. Just one.

Gamora is a moderately skilled, class 70... she lacks the skill or speed to engage Wolverine in melee combat without getting hit, and here healing factor and durablity aren't good enough for her to take a hit form Wolverine without being her effectiveness being significantly diminished.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Because - you know - Wolverine has never fought Hulk, Thor, or Herc level opponents before...

Gamora has never beaten Mantis.

Wolverine fought them, but he run into them, and relied on his healing factor, most of the time, to continue to fight.

On the other hands, Gamora fought his opponents, using mostly her skills. Big difference there. Her last, soundly defeats, came at the hands of Magus, which isn't a low showing at all.

Flyattractor
Wolvie will win due to HF ONLY.
His skill is the most overrated in comics.

Nihilist
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Wolvie will win due to HF ONLY.
His skill is the most overrated in comics. Didnt Wolverine admit her HF was as good as his after he hit her with a sucker shotr?

Kid Kurdy
Wolverine wins.

Gamora is all hype but few feats.

"The most dangerous woman of the universe !" Yeah right, she's not even in the top 10.

"Godslayer." Just a cool name for a sharp knife, that's it.

Wolverine wins.

abhilegend
Logan wins.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Nihilist
Didnt Wolverine admit her HF was as good as his after he hit her with a sucker shotr? No clue. I can't keep up with the near infinite amout of Wolvie books and appearances thruout the Marvel Multiverse.

the ninjak
GotG didn't have the page space to really showcase the team's abilities.
An absolute shame, GotG was my fav comic of its era but it just needed to detail its fights better. Considering many of there fighters were melee warriors.

Logan wins this fight. Galactic heroes need more screen time.

srankmissingnin
Is it your claim that a middle of the road combatant with class 70 strength (CONSIDERABLY MORE) than Wolverine... couldn't KO him? Is it your claim that class 70 strength isn't sufficient to put wolverine done for the count? I hope not considering he has been put down by less.

And Thor's been koed by the falling mast of a ship, Hulk's been choked out by a python and Silver Surfer has been knocked out by Mexican farmers. It takes class 100 to put Wolverine down, anything else is PIS.

Nihilist
Originally posted by Flyattractor
No clue. I can't keep up with the near infinite amout of Wolvie books and appearances thruout the Marvel Multiverse. It was during Infinity Crusade

srankmissingnin
Didnt Wolverine admit her HF was as good as his after he hit her with a sucker shotr?

She was koed by a single stab to the stomach. Does that sound as good as Wolverine's healing factor? That isn't even as good as Captain America or Spider-man's healing factor...

abhilegend
Originally posted by the ninjak
GotG didn't have the page space to really showcase the team's abilities.
An absolute shame, GotG was my fav comic of its era but it just needed to detail its fights better. Considering many of there fighters were melee warriors.

Logan wins this fight. Galactic heroes need more screen time.
Totally agree. GOtG were awesome, especially rocket racoon.

abhilegend
She was koed by a single stab to the stomach. Does that sound as good as Wolverine's healing factor? That isn't even as good as Captain America or Spider-man's healing factor...
Its almost equal to sabretooth's HF.
ha-som
And Thor's been koed by the falling mast of a ship, Hulk's been choked out by a python and Silver Surfer has been knocked out by Mexican farmers. It takes class 100 to put Wolverine down, anything else is PIS.
I don't know whether to pity you or dur you. Well, here it is
dur

Nihilist
She was koed by a single stab to the stomach. Does that sound as good as Wolverine's healing factor? That isn't even as good as Captain America or Spider-man's healing factor... He admitted himself, and it was clear he could only get the edge with a sneak attack

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by abhilegend
ha-som

dur

Yeah your right, we should probably hold Wolverine to different standards then every other character.

Moron.

He admitted himself, and it was clear he could only get the edge with a sneak attack

He might have said it, but we know how fast Wolverine's healing factor works, and we know how fast Gamora's works... so we know that what he said isn't the case at all. A stab to the gut drops Gamora and koes her. That's all Wolverine needs to do to get a hit.

If Gamora hadn't been distracted the fight would have played on the exact same it just would have lasted a bit longer.

abhilegend
Yeah your right, we should probably hold Wolverine to different standards then every other character.

Moron.

Yeah totally, when all he has is jackass fanboys like you. Like I said its another "gem" from you.

srankmissingnin
Yeah totally, when all he has is jackass fanboys like you. Like I said its another "gem" from you.

Dude you are just another uninformed fanboy stroking his confirmation bias, pretending like the only Wolverine feats that are valid are Wolverine getting kicked in the face by a deer and Punisher hitting him the balls with a baseball bat. It's nice that you admit you are holding Wolverine to a different standard, where PIS is valid for him and only him though. If monogoloids like you made an effort to be impartial I wouldn't need to come in here and correct you so often.

Nihilist

Moron.

He might have said it, but we know how fast Wolverine's healing factor works, and we know how fast Gamora's works... so we know that what he said isn't the case at all. A stab to the gut drops Gamora and koes her. That's all Wolverine needs to do to get a hit.

If Gamora hadn't been distracted the fight would have played on the exact same it just would have lasted a bit longer. So Logans was lying then? Gotcha!!

The rest is just fanboy speculation from you.

JakeTheBank
Dude you are just another uninformed fanboy stroking his confirmation bias, pretending like the only Wolverine feats that are valid are Wolverine getting kicked in the face by a deer and Punisher hitting him the balls with a baseball bat. It's nice that you admit you are holding Wolverine to a different standard, where PIS is valid for him and only him though. If monogoloids like you made an effort to be impartial I wouldn't need to come in here and correct you so often.

2Oy6DwHAi70

srankmissingnin
So Logans was lying then? Gotcha!!

The rest is just fanboy speculation from you.

More likely he was trying to stroke Gamora's ego, but regardless of the reasoning it was said, it wasn't even remotely accurate.

I think you must be confused, because fanboy speculation isn't a synonym for deductive reasoning. Based on all the information at hand, the attributes of both characters and all their respective feats and accomplishments, that outcome is far and away the most logical and likely resolution.

Cogito
ha-som

I see what you did there shifty

Nihilist
More likely he was trying to stroke Gamora's ego, but regardless of the reasoning it was said, it wasn't even remotely accurate.

I think you must be confused, because fanboy speculation isn't a synonym for deductive reasoning. Based on all the information at hand, the attributes of both characters and all their respective feats and accomplishments, that outcome is far and away the most logical and likely resolution. So youre saying he was stroking her ego after trying to kill her lol.

More speculation again.

srankmissingnin
So youre saying he was stroking her ego after trying to kill her lol.

More speculation again.

It's not like there was any animosity between them when he said it. Dude was probably hoping to get laid by a hot green chick.

It might be baseless speculation when you do it, but I've read enough comics for my opinion to be based on something. cool

abhilegend
Nice rant which you've shared with pretty much everyone else. While its none of your business to know, I've read all 4 volumes of wolverine and almost every appearane of his in Uncanny as well as god know how many other titles. You're not the only one who reads comics here. Your trolling is very bland and un-original. Everyone hates your god and master, cry me a river. As for rest for your rant, I could care less what you think about me. You are just a sad, little, unsecure boy lashing on anybody who is actually just fooling around. I wasn't totally serious there, you dunderhead.

srankmissingnin
Nice rant which you've shared with pretty much everyone else. While its none of your business to know, I've read all 4 volumes of wolverine and almost every appearane of his in Uncanny as well as god know how many other titles. You're not the only one who reads comics here. Your trolling is very bland and un-original. Everyone hates your god and master, cry me a river. As for rest for your rant, I could care less what you think about me.

If you've read as much as you claim that you should have a decent understanding of the power level of the character, which it is quite clear that you in fact, do not. Are you lying about the amount of comics you've read? Do you have terrible reading comprehension? Maybe you're simple mind get's distracted by the colourful pictures and you never actually get around to reading the dialogue or captions? Who knows? Regardless, you are attempting to low ball the character and as such I will give you the same variation of the speech I give to everyone who tries to take that approach. The KMC forum rules are quiet specific on what PIS is, and how we judge the abilities of a character, if you don't wish to fallow those rules I welcome you to leave. I hear comicvine is great place for people like you.

Nihilist
It's not like there was any animosity between them when he said it. Dude was probably hoping to get laid by a hot green chick.Poor excuse.

Why dont you try putting that so called knowledge of yours into your post then? instead of the fanboy shite you always post.

srankmissingnin
Poor excuse.

It's not an excuse it's the context of the conversation the line was delivered in. They were all standing around talking buddy buddy with smiles on their face.

Why dont you try putting that so called knowledge of yours into your post then? instead of the fanboy shite you always post.

I already have... I'm still waiting on someone to attempt to dispute anything I've brought up with some actual feats or occurrences.

Nihilist
It's not an excuse it's the context of the conversation the line was delivered in. They were all standing around talking buddy buddy with smiles on their face. Yeah cos Logons know for his outward warming personality towards others!!

They have but all youve done is basically shout "WOLVERINE! WOLVERINE IS THE BEST AT WHAT HE DOES" back

abhilegend
If you've read as much as you claim that you should have a decent understanding of the power level of the character, which it is quite clear that you in fact, do not. Are you lying about the amount of comics you've read? Do you have terrible reading comprehension? Maybe you're simple mind get's distracted by the colourful pictures and you never actually get around to reading the dialogue or captions? Who knows? Regardless, you are attempting to low ball the character and as such I will give you the same variation of the speech I give to everyone who tries to take that approach. The KMC forum rules are quiet specific on what PIS is, and how we judge the abilities of a character, if you don't wish to fallow those rules I welcome you to leave. I hear comicvine is great place for people like you.
Oh yeah, I know about the power level of wolverine. Quite a lot actually since I often give him wins where others don't like in this very thread. Don't mistake your simple mind with others. You should adhere to that rule for yourself. What did I say about wolverine in this thread that was lowballing? In fact what did I said about wolverine at all? Your opinion isn't rule, get over it. I can proclaim all of superman's low and average showings as PIS, doesn't makes a damn of a difference. You are not welcome on KMC yourself, you little boy. Ah, getting your ass kicked by little boys on comicvine and crying for it in front of elders, we would keep you safe, boy. Don't be afraid.

srankmissingnin
Yeah cos Logons know for his outward warming personality towards others!!

Wolverine loves women. cool

They have but all youve done is basically shout "WOLVERINE! WOLVERINE IS THE BEST AT WHAT HE DOES" back

I've barely even mentioned Wolverine. This fight is less about Wolverine winning it, and more about Gamora losing it. She lacks feats plane and simple, something I've mentioned several times and a welcome anyone to prove me wrong. Gamora has 200 some odd issues under her belt, it's neither a difficult nor overtly time consuming task to go over them all.

srankmissingnin
Oh yeah, I know about the power level of wolverine. Quite a lot actually since I often give him wins where others don't like in this very thread. Don't mistake your simple mind with others. You should adhere to that rule for yourself. What did I say about wolverine in this thread that was lowballing? In fact what did I said about wolverine at all? Your opinion isn't rule, get over it. I can proclaim all of superman's low and average showings as PIS, doesn't makes a damn of a difference. You are not welcome on KMC yourself, you little boy.

Here is the thing, PIS is not subjective. It's not open to interpretation, the forum rules clearly state what PIS is. If a character is portrayed noticeably less effectively than their history and powers have shown them to be then it is PIS. Simple. That isn't my opinion, my opinion on the subject is unnecessarily, it's the forum rule. If you know of an incident where Superman's powers are written below what he typically capable of (struggling with the Daily Planet Globe, getting koed by lightening) then it is PIS; you don't need to rule it as PIS the forum rules have already done that for you.

Ah, getting your ass kicked by little boys on comicvine and crying for it in front of elders, we would keep you safe, boy. Don't be afraid.

Please, I tore up Buckshots ass when I was posting on comicvine. Hell I still get PMs from time to time on KMC from 'Viners who want me to go back to comicvine and educate the mooks on Wildstorm characters.

Prep-Man
Hey, Srank! When did Wolverine hid in plain sight against Nightcrawler? I always was trying to find that issue.

KuRuPT Thanosi

LMAO... Anything less is PIS.. REALLY??? Sorry bud it doesn't work that way... As many times as it has happened in his career. it's not CONSISTENT for his character to be KO'd by less. That isn't called PIS, that is called consistency

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Hey, Srank! When did Wolverine hid in plain sight against Nightcrawler? I always was trying to find that issue.

Dave Cockrum's second run on Uncanny X-Men, issue 148.

KuRuPT Thanosi

Moron.

If Gamora hadn't been distracted the fight would have played on the exact same it just would have lasted a bit longer.

This is hilarious.... Statement don't count (even when maybe by Wolverine fighting the damn person we are debating him against).. yet feats matter more than statements... yet feats that show wolverine CONSISTENTLY KO'd by less than class 70 strength don't count... Feats count more than statement... but only feats you like... Your logic and double standard is plain atrocious.

srankmissingnin
LMAO... Anything less is PIS.. REALLY??? Sorry bud it doesn't work that way... As many times as it has happened in his career. it's not CONSISTENT for his character to be KO'd by less. That isn't called PIS, that is called consistency

I'm going to assume you meant to say "it is CONSISTENT for his character to be KO'd by less," because what you actually wrote suggest that you agrees with me. It's a shame that your rare moment of incite was actually typo on your part, but humorous none the less.

Wolverine routinely engages in brawls with Class 100 bricks, and in those brawls he routinely shrugs off multiple class 100 attacks. That is what is consistent for the character. That's the Wolverine base line. He has fought Hulk more than he has fought Punisher, Daredevil, Captain America and Spider-man combined. That's the level Wolverine is consistently portrayed at.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Wrong... Him being KO'd by less is consistent with his character wink he surviving against class 100 bricks.. is actually PIS for the bricks.. SEE HOW THAT WORKS... You have the PIS in the wrong place, it's okay buddy, you have wolverine's balls too far down your throat to notice.

srankmissingnin
This is hilarious.... Statement don't count (even when maybe by Wolverine fighting the damn person we are debating him against).. yet feats matter more than statements... yet feats that show wolverine CONSISTENTLY KO'd by less than class 70 strength don't count... Feats count more than statement... but only feats you like... Your logic and double standard is plain atrocious.

Except that isn't true and you are talking out of your ass. Wolverine hasn't been consistently koed by anyone of any strength class, and the times he has been knocked out are few (and far between) and most of them can be explained with in the context of the story. It's not a double standard because what you are saying is wrong, in fact it is so wrong that it is a blatant lie. You sir, are a liar.

abhilegend
Here is the thing, PIS is not subjective. It's not open to interpretation, the forum rules clearly state what PIS is. If a character is portrayed noticeably less effectively than their history and powers have shown them to be then it is PIS. Simple. That isn't my opinion, my opinion on the subject is unnecessarily, it's the forum rule. If you know of an incident where Superman's powers are written below what he typically capable of (struggling with the Daily Planet Globe, getting koed by lightening) then it is PIS; you don't need to rule it as PIS the forum rules have already done that for you.

Please, I tore up Buckshots ass when I was posting on comicvine. Hell I still get PMs from time to time on KMC from 'Viners who want me to go back to comicvine and educate the mooks on Wildstorm characters.
Yeah, it is subjective when you try to declare a large chunk of a character's history as PIS because you think that its the right power level for one character. You can declare one, two, three or a dozen instances PIS but when you try to generalise a character's such as wolverine who has got thousands of appearances that he can't be taken out by anything less than class 100 while shouting "DURRRR, you hate wolverine" to everyone else, it makes you look like a simpleton which you are IMO. You saw a humorus post from me and pounced upon an oppertunity to declare me a "wolverine hater". This is why KMCers laugh at you. I would like to say that you keep reading wolverine and jerking upon it, superman and more complex characters might overload your simple brain.

Oh and once again, you are not smart enough to differ humor from simple text but keep trying. You might tell one day if a man is joking or not.

srankmissingnin
Yeah, it is subjective when you try to declare a large chunk of a character's history as PIS because you think that its the right power level for one character. You can declare one, two, three or a dozen instances PIS but when you try to generalise a character's such as wolverine who has got thousands of appearances that he can't be taken out by anything less than class 100 while shouting "DURRRR, you hate wolverine" to everyone else, it makes you look like a simpleton which you are IMO. You saw a humorus post from me and pounced upon an oppertunity to declare me a "wolverine hater". This is why KMCers laugh at you. I would like to say that you keep reading wolverine and jerking upon it, superman and more complex characters might overload your simple brain.

Oh and once again, you are not smart enough to differ humor from simple text but keep trying. You might tell one day if a man is joking or not.

I don't think you understand what the term subjective means, because I'm not picking and choosing what I want to matter. If something doesn't conform with majority representation of the character then it is PIS. We take the average showings of a character and we ignore the uncharacteristically high (unless that character is Iron Fist) and and the uncharacteristically low. We do this to establish a baseline internal consistency for the characters on this forum because DC and Marvel often have lapses in their editorial mandates. If we pretend like every thing is valid then we end up with Power Puff Girls or Silver Age Superman where the insanity of the incredibly high feats are only equaled by the stupidity of the low ones... which isn't exactly conducive to promoting a consistent idea of a characters powers or abilities. You are also SEVERELY over rating the amount of history that you feat is being ignored... because there isn't that much.

Maybe I would appreciate your jokes more if they were more "lol u r stupid and a fanboy jackass!"? What part of the joke am I not smart enough to get exactly? It seems pretty ****ing succinct. confused

KuRuPT Thanosi
Wrong... Him being KO'd by less is consistent with his character wink he surviving against class 100 bricks.. is actually PIS for the bricks.. SEE HOW THAT WORKS... You have the PIS in the wrong place, it's okay buddy, you have wolverine's balls too far down your throat to notice.

srankmissingnin

None of which is remotely true. I understand that the only Wolverine issue you have is the Pizza Hut promotion from when your special needs group went out for dinner fifteen years ago, but maybe if you ask your Assisted Living Care Profressional if they can read you some Wolverine issues they will help you out? I think they are big on promoting literacy and things like that so it shouldn't be a problem.

Dream Stuff
Oh, so many things:

On the healing factor: Yes, Wolvie said her HF is as good as his. Wolvie has also been known to flirt, on occasion. It's just an off-hand comment that shouldn't count as evidence (please extend Gamora the same courtesy when she tells Sasquatch she couldn't have KOed Thing without his help).

Anyway, that whole fight lasted all of, what, a few seconds? Yes, getting stabbed by three claws put Gamora on the ground for those few seconds. Wolverine was left in the same condition after getting smacked in the head by a shield. They got up around the same time. Whatever.

Gamora's speed: She's not that popular a character and so rarely gets to show off in one-on-one, on-panel fights. Her fight against Ronan is the most telling example of her current abilities.In it, she seems to be using a low level of superspeed the entire time. How fast she is is difficult to gage, but even before her powerup, the fact that she was hard for anyone to lay a hand on comes up consistently. She's fast enough to hit Wolverine.

On Wolverine's durability: Possibly the least consistent in all of comics.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Dream.. it is though.. Srank cleared it all up... Being KO'd by anything less than 100 class strength is PIS.. all other stuff is ok...

lilshogun
Gamora will even win without the Godslayer.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Dream Stuff
Oh, so many things:

On the healing factor: Yes, Wolvie said her HF is as good as his. Wolvie has also been known to flirt, on occasion. It's just an off-hand comment that shouldn't count as evidence (please extend Gamora the same courtesy when she tells Sasquatch she couldn't have KOed Thing without his help).

Anyway, that whole fight lasted all of, what, a few seconds? Yes, getting stabbed by three claws put Gamora on the ground for those few seconds. Wolverine was left in the same condition after getting smacked in the head by a shield. They got up around the same time. Whatever.

Gamora's speed: She's not that popular a character and so rarely gets to show off in one-on-one, on-panel fights. Her fight against Ronan is the most telling example of her current abilities.In it, she seems to be using a low level of superspeed the entire time. How fast she is is difficult to gage, but even before her powerup, the fact that she was hard for anyone to lay a hand on comes up consistently. She's fast enough to hit Wolverine.

On Wolverine's durability: Possibly the least consistent in all of comics.

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3bwx6b7pt1r53h4fo1_500.gif

Gamora didn't use super speed her entire fight with Ronan... she didn't even use it all. Look at the panels. See how she is jumping? See how the action lines are falling the rise and fall of her jump? She didn't sprint in like the Flash, she jumped... that's it. The rest of the fight she was meleeing with Ronan while he jobbed like a temp in the mail room.

I wouldn't say Wolverine's durability is the least consistent thing in all of comes, he has been knocked out by streets less times than Hulk has. evil face

KuRuPT Thanosi
Hey skank.. is it possible that you have it backwards.... Heroes HAVE to save the day and put on a good show for their many fans in comics. How much fun would it be for Wolverine to fight hulk and get KO'd in one punch? None and it doesn't make sense and not how heroes are treated in movies or any genre... They always win. So it's possible that the actual PIS showings are when he's able to hang with people because he's a hero and opposed to the PIS showings being when he's KO'd by weaker things? Wouldn't you agree that in general.. heroes hang with people out of their league all the time for the sake of the story and their fans.. isn't this a consistent thing in comics?

MF DELPH
It's all PIS.

All stories have plots.

This whole forum is futile.

srankmissingnin
Hey skank.. is it possible that you have it backwards.... Heroes HAVE to save the day and put on a good show for their many fans in comics. How much fun would it be for Wolverine to fight hulk and get KO'd in one punch? None and it doesn't make sense and not how heroes are treated in movies or any genre... They always win. So it's possible that the actual PIS showings are when he's able to hang with people because he's a hero and opposed to the PIS showings being when he's KO'd by weaker things? Wouldn't you agree that in general.. heroes hang with people out of their league all the time for the sake of the story and their fans.. isn't this a consistent thing in comics?

I am well aware that you would love to write off 99.99999% of Wolverine's appearances in favor of the one time Daredevil knocked him down in a Garth Ennis penned issue, but you really should ask yourself how ridiculous and arbitrary that sounds. Why is that one example more accurate than the thousands that stand in opposition to it? Can I arbitraily decide that all Superman issues are PIS because "he is the hero" and he really should be a Batman level enemy? Because that's what you are doing. Do you know why Wolverine is routinely written as a an anti brick who tank the best blows a class 100 can through at him? Because that is Marvel's intent. Wolverine started out as a Hulk villain, he survived being punched into outer space before Marvel even had even come up with his powers or a reason for that to happen. If Marvel wanted Wolverine to be a street level threat he would be. He'd have 20 fights with Punisher or Daredevil under his belt instead of 20 fights with the Hulk. He's been nuked. Twice. He's walked around in nuclear reactors burning so hot that his touch melted steel. When he was emo over killing his bastards he climbed to the top of mountains and jumps off them, smashed into the ground, liquified all his or and then it again and again and again and again. His heart was teleported away last week and it didn't even phase him. That's what his power is. That's the level at which it operates.

zopzop
Originally posted by MF DELPH
It's all PIS.

All stories have plots.

This whole forum is futile.
thumb up
+10000000000000000000000000000

tkitna
I've always felt Gamora was better then him. Her strength and skills should be enough to put him down for a short time anyways, but I could be wrong. She did well against Ronan. Much better than Wolverine would have fared in my opinion. Shame she doesnt have more appearances.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by tkitna
I've always felt Gamora was better then him. Her strength and skills should be enough to put him down for a short time anyways, but I could be wrong. She did well against Ronan. Much better than Wolverine would have fared in my opinion. Shame she doesnt have more appearances.

Why would Wolverine do worse against Ronan than Gamora did? Nothing about her abilities in any way or form counter act the abilities of the Universal Weapon... she simple came in to melee with him... and for some reason (the reason is Ronan is a jobber) Ronan decided to play along with it. Ronan could finish Gamora at any time he wanted... hell he put her in a stasis field... and it worked... so being the person he is he then he let her out of it and decided to slug it out again... naturally. He handles the versatility of his weapon even worse than Thor. Sure, Ronan could beat Wolverine at the drop of a hat if he used the UW properly... but if he used it like a hammer and tried to wack Wolverine with in in melee combat (like he did with Gamora)... he would get carved up.

Stoic
Gamora didn't look like her HF was anywhere near Wolverines when she had the flesh burned from her, and it took quite a while for it to grow back.

Prep-Man
Dave Cockrum's second run on Uncanny X-Men, issue 148.

thanks. Been looking for it.

abhilegend
I don't think you understand what the term subjective means, because I'm not picking and choosing what I want to matter. If something doesn't conform with majority representation of the character then it is PIS. We take the average showings of a character and we ignore the uncharacteristically high (unless that character is Iron Fist) and and the uncharacteristically low. We do this to establish a baseline internal consistency for the characters on this forum because DC and Marvel often have lapses in their editorial mandates. If we pretend like every thing is valid then we end up with Power Puff Girls or Silver Age Superman where the insanity of the incredibly high feats are only equaled by the stupidity of the low ones... which isn't exactly conducive to promoting a consistent idea of a characters powers or abilities. You are also SEVERELY over rating the amount of history that you feat is being ignored... because there isn't that much.

Doesn't makes a large chunk of the history of a character PIS. What's average for logan? We've seen him go toe to toe with hulk and been hurt by far less than hulk too. You are trying to set that wolverine tanking class 100 hits is his average and thus any time he gets knocked out by less than it which happens a lot mind you is PIS. You try to pass it as right quoting the lowest showings of other characters which happen a looooooooot less frequently than wolverine getting knocked out and saying that if its PIS for them then its PIS for logan too to get knocked out by less than his highest showings. You are trying to use a broad generalization for every wolverine showing knowing that he's one of the most in-consistent characters ever and retaliate on everyone else who says otherwise saying "DURRRRRRR, you hate wolverine and love garth ennis". I mean simpleton much?

I only used that tone after this happened

ha-som

dur
I mean can anybody be more obvious than this that he is joking.

Then your fun appreciating jackass side responded with this.

Moron.

Anyway, I'm done with this anyway. You still didn't answered my question though Where in this thread did I lowball wolverine.

Stay as much of a jackass srank.

KuRuPT Thanosi
I am well aware that you would love to write off 99.99999% of Wolverine's appearances in favor of the one time Daredevil knocked him down in a Garth Ennis penned issue, but you really should ask yourself how ridiculous and arbitrary that sounds. Why is that one example more accurate than the thousands that stand in opposition to it? Can I arbitraily decide that all Superman issues are PIS because "he is the hero" and he really should be a Batman level enemy? Because that's what you are doing. Do you know why Wolverine is routinely written as a an anti brick who tank the best blows a class 100 can through at him? Because that is Marvel's intent. Wolverine started out as a Hulk villain, he survived being punched into outer space before Marvel even had even come up with his powers or a reason for that to happen. If Marvel wanted Wolverine to be a street level threat he would be. He'd have 20 fights with Punisher or Daredevil under his belt instead of 20 fights with the Hulk. He's been nuked. Twice. He's walked around in nuclear reactors burning so hot that his touch melted steel. When he was emo over killing his bastards he climbed to the top of mountains and jumps off them, smashed into the ground, liquified all his or and then it again and again and again and again. His heart was teleported away last week and it didn't even phase him. That's what his power is. That's the level at which it operates.

What's the problem here Srank.. is that you can't comprehend the question(s) or you choose not to answer them because of what you will then be admitting. So, let me try again and SEE IF YOU ABOID IT AGAIN... Do heroes, as a general concept in comics.. movies, or any genre fight above their weight class and do good, and most times save the day? Very simple question.

Next question, is it a common practice to have these same heroes last longer than they should against people because... what fun would a coic be if your favorite character got owned in 2 panels each time they go up agaisnt a villian? Nobody is saying Superman shouldn't hang with people in his tier... BA, Marvel etc etc... However, he shouldn't be able to hang with people like Amazo, Darkseid and a host of other villians. He does, because that is what heroes do. Yet, when they aren't in save the world mode... they routinely get KO'd by much less.. gas stations.. bullets, falling trees... you name it. Do you think Marvel brought Wolverine to go fight Thanos with the IG because in reality he would make a lick of difference if thanos was fighting smart and using all his abilities? No, much like all the other heroes.. they had to dumb down Thanos with the IG to make it interesting for the reader. This happening to Wolverine ALL the time doesn't make him ACTUALLY be able to hang with people above him... it's his role as a hero and plot driven writing that does. Wolverine has NO business hanging 2 secs with THor if Thor was fighting smart and ruthless... he doesn't when around Wolverine as how much fun would that be for the epic showdown to be 1 panel.. lol.

For you to deny any of this is just plain retarded and has a terrible stench of fanboyism

KuRuPT Thanosi
Where has skank gone?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.