Call of Duty: Black Ops II

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Arachnid1
http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/05/01/call-of-duty-black-ops-2-reveal-trailer

There's the trailer. That actually looks somewhat enjoyable. Future Warfare was a great decision. Hopefully it doesn't suck like MW3 and BO2.

FinalAnswer
I'm getting this for Nazi Zombies and nothing else.

ares834
Originally posted by FinalAnswer

Same.

ArtificialGlory

Is it even worth getting for anything else?

Peach
I am dreading work tomorrow because of this.

Also, wtf is with the horseback riding? So out of place.

Nemesis X
If I didn't know that was a CoD trailer, I would've mistaken that game for either MGS, Syndicate, or Ghost Recon FS.

Horseback riding? In a CoD game? Does not compute.

Darth Vicious
Skipping this one. Trailer did nothing for me.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Peach
I am dreading work tomorrow because of this.

Also, wtf is with the horseback riding? So out of place.

This (if I worked at Gamestop, of course).

Talked to my Gamestop buddy, today, and apparently, the rabid consumption of these types of games are pushing aside better games and/or diminishing diversity in video games. When will this fad stop?

srankmissingnin
Jesus Activision, Hurry up and run this shit into the ground like EA did Rock Band (EDIT: and I guess even more aptly how Activision themselves ran Guitar Hero into the ground lol) already so we don't need to see this trash anymore for a few years. The Fast and the Furious of video games... what an embarrassment.

BackFire
Originally posted by dadudemon

Talked to my Gamestop buddy, today, and apparently, the rabid consumption of these types of games are pushing aside better games and/or diminishing diversity in video games. When will this fad stop?

When every subsequent Call of Duty game stops breaking video game sales records.

It'll end eventually, over-saturation is happening, it's only a matter of time before the genre implodes like with what happened with the Guitar Hero games.

KingD19
I'll probably rent it, beat the single player and give mp a chance before I determine if it's a buy.

As for the horse scene. They were in a desert, possibly a tech free zone and needed some way to get around.

Peach

Originally posted by BackFire
When every subsequent Call of Duty game stops breaking video game sales records.

It'll end eventually, over-saturation is happening, it's only a matter of time before the genre implodes like with what happened with the Guitar Hero games.

It's starting to happen already, thankfully. Like MW3 broke records upon release, but long-term sales haven't been great. I'll be glad when the day comes where shooters no longer hold the market like this.

Zack Fair
now now...I don't want the FPS genre to implode...just CoD.

RE: Blaxican
The shooting genre in general will never die out, imo. The concept of it as a sport is too appealing to people's sense of competition. As far as video games are concerned, there is no other genre that requires such a conglomeration of hand-eye coordination, reflexes, tactics and teamwork to be exemplary at. At the exact same time, it's easy to watch and simple to understand, at least on a basic level. The same isn't true for RTS's and games like WoW.

Point being, I don't see shooters in general becoming less popular any more than a sport like soccer would become less popular. I do see individual game franchises becoming less popular, though. Halo and CoD are being run into the ground.

edit- Anyway, this game looks silly as hell. I'm not interested in the campaign that much, but I'll get it if the MP is good. Black Ops' MP was slow and boring but fair. Modern Warfare's MP has been hectic and fun but retardedly imbalanced. One of the developers needs to make a balance,

Smasandian
I at least like the fact that they are trying to do something different with the SP whether it's good or not remains to be seen.

Barker
COD 4.5.

No thanks.

Robtard
Shooters aren't going anywhere. Only reason I still play Black OPS is cos I can veg out on the couch and knock out 5-10 rounds of multi-player if I'm bored; then troll people via voice-chat or PM if they did better than me, which is 99% of the players.

I highly doubt I'll get this game, most likely going over to Ghost Recon end of this month.

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by Robtard
Shooters aren't going anywhere. Only reason I still play Black OPS is cos I can veg out on the couch and knock out 5-10 rounds of multi-player if I'm bored; then troll people via voice-chat or PM if they did better than me, which is 99% of the players.

I highly doubt I'll get this game, most likely going over to Ghost Recon end of this month.

Do you send death threats to players who kill you?

BackFire
Originally posted by Smasandian
I at least like the fact that they are trying to do something different with the SP whether it's good or not remains to be seen.

Agreed. COD is in dire need of almost any kind of innovation.

Robtard
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
Do you send death threats to players who kill you?

No, I'm never the eTough type. I just troll.

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by Robtard
No, I'm never the eTough type. I just troll.

And what's your method of trolling?

Probably something along the lines of gramatically lazy statements like:

"put the commando down ***"

and

"id get that many kills if I had no life too"

FinalAnswer
http://www.psu.com/Why-Call-of-Duty--Black-Ops-2-is-the-FPS-to-beat-this-year--a015265-p0.php

Nazi Zombies is now getting its own campaign mode.

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/224/974/90330f59_justin-timberlake-jizz-in-my-pants-12.jpg

Nemesis X
And apparently the writer for one of the best movies ever (Dark Knight) is writing Black Ops 2's story. The more I resist, the more they surprise me.

I refuse to be drawn into the hype.

The hype looks good, though.

Hopefully the MP will be better than the last games though. BlOps1's mp was slow and bland, and the famas and silencers were op as hell.

Kazenji
http://www.psu.com/Why-Call-of-Duty--Black-Ops-2-is-the-FPS-to-beat-this-year--a015265-p0.php

About time they did something more with it.

Arachnid1

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/224/974/90330f59_justin-timberlake-jizz-in-my-pants-12.jpg Thats cool, just as long as the original mode is there too.

Smasandian
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
I refuse to be drawn into the hype.

The hype looks good, though.

Hopefully the MP will be better than the last games though. BlOps1's mp was slow and bland, and the famas and silencers were op as hell.

I feel the same way.

I'll probably still buy it because I do like the games and I felt Black Ops SP was pretty damn good.

FinalAnswer
http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/9/26/3410102/call-of-duty-black-ops-2-zombies-trailer-first-details-tranzit-grief

New characters

Meh...

Blue eyes means Richtofen's still in control, so old group should still play a part, assuming they're not in the original game mode or something.

Kazenji
I've noticed when playing Black Ops 1 multiplayer everyone seems to stick to one area

Originally posted by Nemesis X
And apparently the writer for one of the best movies ever (Dark Knight) is writing Black Ops 2's story. The more I resist, the more they surprise me.

Well one of the writers...

KingD19
Depending on the size of the map, I'm about 70% run and gun.

When I snipe, I do stick to certain areas, but I still move around so people don't just gang up on me.

Kazenji
I've done matches where i haven't even got 1 kill...... no expression

Zack Fair
sbN7RSXxqo0

mmm IF I choose to buy it its because of the zombies mode. Thats a big if though. Looks interesting and much better. Never liked the original zombies/Blops zombies that much. Always found it too repetitive and boring...but this might be worth of a try.

Kazenji
Black ops 2 prestige is not a start over system

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-12973-Black-Ops-II-Prestige-is-Not-a-Start-Over-System.html

Impediment
Who else is playing this?

I really couldn't care less about the multiplayer, but the actual campaign story is nothing short of brilliance. I was pleasantly surprised at how much depth is in the story.

Also, the graphics and gameplay are flawless.

KingD19
I loved the campaign.

I plan on playing through it again to get a different ending.

Casper Whitey
Originally posted by Impediment
Who else is playing this?

I really couldn't care less about the multiplayer, but the actual campaign story is nothing short of brilliance. I was pleasantly surprised at how much depth is in the story.

Also, the graphics and gameplay are flawless. Thumbs down on the multiplayer, gonna start the campaign later today.

Kento
I kinda dislike the zombie mode on this game. And the zombie maps just aren't that fun.

FistOfThe North
yea, zombies isn't zombies anymore. but cod blops 2 mp is good, especially with 4xfxaa enabled. (pc player here). but it's nothing compared to bf3. i haven't started campaign mode by will, someday, maybe..

and i'm done with prestiging. it's not really worth it.

Zack Fair
thumb up

BF3 for life.

omgchos
Be advised, Be advised BF3 is awesome.

Arachnid1
BF3>COD

Tzeentch._
Nah, cod is way better.

Kazenji
They're both bad.

Casper Whitey
The multiplayer is not that bad after all now that I know the maps. The pistols, however, are ridiculously overpowered.

FistOfThe North
knives and snipers have become super amazing too. the most nerfed weapons in the game, imo.

dadudemon
They patched the shields. There were too many complaints about the shields being OP so now high-damage weapons with the FMJ perk can shoot through the shields. Also, it now takes two hits with a shield bash to kill someone, instead of one.

I remember when shields were first unlocked, week 1, the people behind them were unstoppable and it was hilariously frustrating. They could go 40-2 on a map when everyone else was going 15-x (this was when no one knew the maps, by the way).

I think the shields were nerfed too far, actually. I am okay with the two hits to kill but being able ot shoot through a shield defeats the entire purpose of a shield.

And I have been playing Hardcore almost exclusively now and my KDR has dropped from 1.05 to .95...it was that much of a jump in skill level. The players in Hardcore just seem better, on average, than Core. The teams, never having met, will coordinate as though they have been playing ages. They will lock down an entire map in less than 5 minutes and you literally cannot walk anywhere in the open without dying. That happens only 1 out of 10 games, however. But it is frustrating that people have mastered the game so quickly. I guess that is to be expected from people that have prestiged 4 and 5 times already: where do they get the time to play this game so much?

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Tzeentch._
Nah, cod is way better. http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs7/2511861_o.gif

General G
You have a gif for absolutely everything.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Zack Fair
thumb up

BF3 for life.

yeah, BF3's my babe. but i haven't played it as much since blops 2's release. which i consider my mistress. when i wanna get wild i go to her. ha. but when i need that balance and seriousness, i always go back home to BF3.

it's crazy how it was BF3 vs MW3 last year now it's BF3 vs blops 2 and BF3 still comes out on top. imo.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
yeah, BF3's my babe. but i haven't played it as much since blops 2's release. which i consider my mistress. when i wanna get wild i go to her. ha. but when i need that balance and seriousness, i always go back home to BF3.

Fine by me. It is understandable since Blops2 is the new kid on the block. Same happened to me with Halo 4. BF3 is getting some well-deserved rest
Originally posted by FistOfThe North

it's crazy how it was BF3 vs MW3 last year now it's BF3 vs blops 2 and BF3 still comes out on top. imo.

Isn't it obvious? CoD is the same shit. Now I am not hating or anything because shit can be fun, but its still shit.

biscuits

Casper Whitey
They patched the shields. There were too many complaints about the shields being OP so now high-damage weapons with the FMJ perk can shoot through the shields. Also, it now takes two hits with a shield bash to kill someone, instead of one.

I remember when shields were first unlocked, week 1, the people behind them were unstoppable and it was hilariously frustrating. They could go 40-2 on a map when everyone else was going 15-x (this was when no one knew the maps, by the way).

I think the shields were nerfed too far, actually. I am okay with the two hits to kill but being able ot shoot through a shield defeats the entire purpose of a shield.

And I have been playing Hardcore almost exclusively now and my KDR has dropped from 1.05 to .95...it was that much of a jump in skill level. The players in Hardcore just seem better, on average, than Core. The teams, never having met, will coordinate as though they have been playing ages. They will lock down an entire map in less than 5 minutes and you literally cannot walk anywhere in the open without dying. That happens only 1 out of 10 games, however. But it is frustrating that people have mastered the game so quickly. I guess that is to be expected from people that have prestiged 4 and 5 times already: where do they get the time to play this game so much?

The shields are easily dealt with. Throw a concussion then hip fire around them.

The players in HC are not better, they just camp twice as much. HC is not harder as far as skill goes, in fact it's easier. Why? Because it takes only one bullet to kill instead of 3-4. Also there is no radar, this makes the camping that much easier. I usually go 2.0ish on TDM. On HC? I played with some beast players earlier and went 20-1. Do the math.

They prestige so quickly because they know which game modes to play to obtain the most xp. And when thee is a double xp event, they plan their lives around it.

General G
I'm running through this campaign on veteran on my first playthrough and the levels are not an issue, but I got to the whole base defence part and the first three times I tried it, I didn't make it past the 7 minute mark (and that's 7 minutes left, not 7 minutes in). The best I've done is 2 minutes remaining, which is terribly frustrating.

I was wondering if anybody had any tips or advice on how to do this? I could really use it.

Darth Vicious
I finally got around to try this game and the amount of camping I've found is monumental! I've seen campers before but they take it to a new level on this game. It's like they play headquarters in every playlist but without an actual headquarter!

dadudemon
Originally posted by Casper Whitey
The shields are easily dealt with. Throw a concussion then hip fire around them.

That's if you have a concussion grenade equipped at the time and if you die, if you have a concussion grenade class even made.

The players in HC are not better, they just camp twice as much.

I disagree. Not only are they better, they are much much better. And they do not camp twice as much: probably half as much.

HC is not harder as far as skill goes, in fact it's easier. Why? Because it takes only one bullet to kill instead of 3-4.

You have that wrong. It takes 2-4 bullets to kill in HC.

Also there is no radar, this makes the camping that much easier.

Maybe that is what you do in Hardcore but hardly any players camp in Hardcore when I play it.

I usually go 2.0ish on TDM. On HC? I played with some beast players earlier and went 20-1. Do the math.

And this is not true because you've told me otherwise.

They prestige so quickly because they know which game modes to play to obtain the most xp. And when thee is a double xp event, they plan their lives around it.

I agree, partially, but not fully. They prestige so quickly because they literally play 8-10 hours a day.

BackFire
It seems pretty difficult to really camp in this game. There are usually so many avenues leading into various chokepoints/rooms that camping in the same spot for long periods of time seems to end up being self defeating in the long run. People get wise to you sitting in the same spot and just start walking into a room knowing you'll be there.

I think people need to start defining what exactly they mean by 'camping'. Does camping these days simply mean holding a position for a few minutes before moving on? Or does it mean sitting in the same spot for the entire game (this is the meaning that I always think of)? It seems like COD players get pissed at anyone who doesn't sprint around the map like a headless chicken at all times.

Zack Fair
Nowadays people think you're camping when you're holding an area. It doesn't matter if you're not doing it for the entire match. If you kill them 2 or 3 times in the same building you're camping. CoD players, and shooter players, in general get pissed at whoever kills them. They will then start hating on whatever gun or method used to kill them.

Same can be said about fighters though "X char is OP because I can't beat him" but the nature of fighters is completely different so I can understand how they can easily develop hatred towards certain chars and or tactics.

Darth Vicious
In my case in one particular game, at least 3 people from the other team kept going to the same room/building during the whole game. We found them there, kill them, move on and a few seconds later they would go back to the same room/building. That's camping.

dadudemon
It seems pretty difficult to really camp in this game. There are usually so many avenues leading into various chokepoints/rooms that camping in the same spot for long periods of time seems to end up being self defeating in the long run. People get wise to you sitting in the same spot and just start walking into a room knowing you'll be there.

It is pretty much near impossible to camp as a single person. If you have 2 or 3 players camping the same area/room, it is near impossible to take them down without things like airstrikes or other killstreaks.

I think people need to start defining what exactly they mean by 'camping'. Does camping these days simply mean holding a position for a few minutes before moving on? Or does it mean sitting in the same spot for the entire game (this is the meaning that I always think of)? It seems like COD players get pissed at anyone who doesn't sprint around the map like a headless chicken at all times.

I think camping is sitting in the same spot, not moving, waiting for people to pass and killing them. I camp almost every match, by that definition. But if you were to add a timeframe...I would say it has to be more than 20 seconds to count as camping.

But people generally mean people who hold down a position form minutes on end or even the whole match.

KingD19
As a COD player whose not a hardcore douchebag, but is still pretty good, most of what DDM has said is true.

The "true" definition of camping is a person waiting in an area and killing unaware people when they pass by, and basically staying there until they get found. I've found people in houses, not watching out the windows to shoot people outside, but watching both floor level entrances to shoot anyone else coming in.

But a lot of these guys are rage machines and call camping on anybody who gets the drop on them. I've gone 30-5 on Standoff with the M1216 shotgun, and I got called on camping when I was doing nothing but literally running around the map. I'd wait at a corner if I heard somebody because I run awareness(makes all footsteps louder, and differentiates between ally/enemy) on all my classes, and I'd shoot them as they came around the corner. BOOM, I'm a camper because I heard you, and didn't charge you like a dumbass.

I've been sniping from an area, and killed people when they came in, then been stuck in there as multiple guys from the other team keep coming back and trying to kill me.

It's a love/hate relationship I have, but in HC you've got a lot of campers, but a lot more people run around or at least play strategically and maybe hold one side of the map or a small area for a bit before moving on instead of staying in a corner the whole time.

Most often the true campers are the guys with the really low but still positive K/D:R. Like if a guy goes 7-0, chances are he camped and only got a few chances to kill somebody. If a guy goes really high, either he's just that good, or he played smart. It's damn near impossible to permanently camp one area and get a super lopsided K/D unless you're cheating or just have absolutely no life and know the game better than you should.

Casper Whitey
That's if you have a concussion grenade equipped at the time and if you die, if you have a concussion grenade class even made. Why would anyone run around with not at least one concussion or flash? Stupid.

Not from what I see. I always do better in HC. Why? Dunno, guess some people are better when there is no permanent radar involved.

Lol wut? The FAL takes two shots to kill in core. SMG's take 3-4 to kill in Core. The B23R kills with a three round burst in Core.

Hardcore? Look:

id92BKo0rrc

Dude is using a suppressed PDW and at 1:01 he gets a one shot kill. Right after, he gets a two shot kill at farther range. You can tell by the hit markers. First kill has one hit marker, second kill has two hit markers.

It makes camping easier, dude. You can't tell where campers are with no radar.

No, that's exactly what I told you earlier, to the letter.

And when there is an XPx2 event, they play twice as much.

Casper Whitey

Camping: Sitting in one spot waiting for people to pass by, usually a dark corner.

Just ask DDM. He camps with an LMG w/target finder (ultimate noob attachment.)

Casper Whitey
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
In my case in one particular game, at least 3 people from the other team kept going to the same room/building during the whole game. We found them there, kill them, move on and a few seconds later they would go back to the same room/building. That's camping. There was a guy camping in the washateria on Slums the other day. He got me twice, then I finally got him. As I exited the room, he killed me from behind. ****er had laid a tac insert in the corner. So I go back to the room, flash it, kill him, then go outside and aim through the door waiting for him to pop up again. He did, laid a tac insert, I killed him. He did this like 6 times in a row and I killed him every time, lol.

Thought I'd share that.

General G
Originally posted by General G
I'm running through this campaign on veteran on my first playthrough and the levels are not an issue, but I got to the whole base defence part and the first three times I tried it, I didn't make it past the 7 minute mark (and that's 7 minutes left, not 7 minutes in). The best I've done is 2 minutes remaining, which is terribly frustrating.

I was wondering if anybody had any tips or advice on how to do this? I could really use it.

Casper Whitey
Try on an easier level first, maybe?

dadudemon
Why would anyone run around with not at least one concussion or flash? Stupid.

Why would anyone run around with a wasted slot on concussion grenades? Stupid.

Not from what I see. I always do better in HC. Why? Dunno, guess some people are better when there is no permanent radar involved.

Again, these are lies. You've told me otherwise.

Lol wut? The FAL takes two shots to kill in core. SMG's take 3-4 to kill in Core. The B23R kills with a three round burst in Core.

Hardcore? Look:

id92BKo0rrc

Dude is using a suppressed PDW and at 1:01 he gets a one shot kill. Right after, he gets a two shot kill at farther range. You can tell by the hit markers. First kill has one hit marker, second kill has two hit markers.

Couple of things:

On average, it takes 2-4 shots to kill someone in hardcore, depending on the gun. You can get weapons that have really high damage that will kill someone in 1 shot like a sniper rifle or shotgun. Any LMG or SMG will not 1-hit kill, period, in HC unless you make a headshot. Here is how the damage works: limbs talk half as much damage as torso shots. So if you shoot someone in the arm 4 times with, say, the MSMC, it will take 4 shots. With the HAMR, with FMJ, it will take 2 shots.

Also, in your video, it took 2 shots. smile Also, if you believe it took only 1 shot, then we can assume that person had taken damage already rather than the fail idea that a PDW can one hit kill, non-headshots, in HC. smile

It makes camping easier, dude. You can't tell where campers are with no radar.

Yeah, who ever heard of watching what was on the screen and listening to direction of sounds.

No, that's exactly what I told you earlier, to the letter.

Sure, later, after you contradicted yourself, you then started singing a different tune. Doesn't matter what you say: you've already said you got your ass handed to you many games and you said you could not run and gun like you usually do so you hated playing HC. No matter how many times you lie about it, now, you're stuck with admitting that to me in the past.

And when there is an XPx2 event, they play twice as much.

Uh huh...no. They don't. They play just the same.

dadudemon
Just ask DDM. He camps with an LMG w/target finder (ultimate noob attachment.)

You left out a very important detail: on Yemen.

I use that setup on Yemen.

Most maps I use the Vector K10 with the following attachments:

FMJ, Laser Sight, Reflex Sight.

And the following Perks:

Slot 1: Ghost
Slot 2: Cold Blooded.
Slot 3: Dexterity

Lethal: Bouncy Betty or Semtex grenade.

Casper Whitey
Why would anyone run around with a wasted slot on concussion grenades? Stupid. To stun enemies? For room entry? I carry at least one concussion on each of my classes and it always pays off.

Sure I did.

Not 4. Where do you get this info? 1-2 most of the time.

The vid I posted is full of the guy getting 2 hit kills with an SMG, babe. And not all of them are headshots. What we see>>>>>What you think.

Is that right, Treyarch? Link to prove this.

First kill was one shot and there was no one near the guy, he was at full health. Second was a two shot kill, same thing.

You do know that if someone is camping, staying still in Blackops 2, that they show up on radar? Even if wearing Ghost?

I told you that my play is inconsistent. I'll go 20-1, then turn around and go 6-10. Then a 30-10, then a few games later 10-17.

On HC, I told you that once I realized there is more camping, I slowed down my playstyle and did better. The "ass handing" was when I ran around like an idiot.

Oh God, stop talking. You know nothing of Blackops. Hell, you don't even know the names of the maps or the weapons. You didn't even know what a wild card was last time we talked.

dadudemon
To stun enemies? For room entry? I carry at least one concussion on each of my classes and it always pays off.

What a waste: all the space and you could have used it for something more useful.

Sure I did.

I accept your concession.

Not 4. Where do you get this info? 1-2 most of the time.

Try it. Get someone from your clan to allow you to shoot them in the arms or legs. Grab an average sub-machine gun (not one with high attack). Be sure to put it on select fire. Then watch as it takes 4 shots to kill the person. Enjoy being wrong. smile

The vid I posted is full of the guy getting 2 hit kills with an SMG, babe. And not all of them are headshots. What we see>>>>>What you think.

I only have experience which is obviously correct and yours wrong.

I said 2-4 shots. You agree. Concession accepted.

I said 2-4 shots.

You said:

"HC is not harder as far as skill goes, in fact it's easier. Why? Because it takes only one bullet to kill instead of 3-4."

To which I replied:

"It takes 2-4 bullets to kill in HC."

Is that right, Treyarch? Link to prove this.

No you: I have experience and your video proves me right and you wrong. You already proved yourself wrong. No need for me to do anything else. smile

First kill was one shot and there was no one near the guy, he was at full health. Second was a two shot kill, same thing.

Prove that the guy had no damage. Oh, wait, you can't.

You do know that if someone is camping, staying still in Blackops 2, that they show up on radar? Even if wearing Ghost?

You do know that when I use ghost, I run around the map, constantly, so that Ghost works, right? Oh, right, you did know that. But you're pretending I said I do something I don't and you pretend I camp the whole time I play because I have a better Kill to Death ratio than you. Jealous and mad, bro? smile Don't worry about making yourself feel better: I'm just a better player...pretending I camp doesn't change that.

I told you that my play is inconsistent. I'll go 20-1, then turn around and go 6-10. Then a 30-10, then a few games later 10-17.

No, you told me that you consistently got your ass handed to you in HC and whined about the radar. Then you changed your tune when I reminded you that you were getting your ass handed to you. Magically, you improved vastly and hardly ever dropped below 1.0.

Now you're saying you vary wildly. So which is it? That you owned, got your ass handed to you, owned again, or varying all over the place? You have 4 different versions, now.

On HC, I told you that once I realized there is more camping, I slowed down my playstyle and did better. The "ass handing" was when I ran around like an idiot.

Yeah, you told me that after I told you to stop running around like an idiot. You tried to pass it off as your own idea. Don't remember raging at me because I said I camp like a mo-fo on Yemen? Yes, yes you do remember because you brought it up in the thread earlier by saying I camp with a target finder.

And we are back to another version: you now admit that you got your ass handed to you.

Oh God, stop talking. You know nothing of Blackops. Hell, you don't even know the names of the maps or the weapons. You didn't even know what a wild card was last time we talked.

Just because I have a mental handicap (name blindness is a real condition) does not mean I know nothing. Now I am an expert. I accidentally committed the proper names to memory and I can be considered an expert.

Go ahead: test me. You'll find that you won't be able to stump me on the weapons, maps, or perks.

Darth Vicious
There was a guy camping in the washateria on Slums the other day. He got me twice, then I finally got him. As I exited the room, he killed me from behind. ****er had laid a tac insert in the corner. So I go back to the room, flash it, kill him, then go outside and aim through the door waiting for him to pop up again. He did, laid a tac insert, I killed him. He did this like 6 times in a row and I killed him every time, lol.

Thought I'd share that.

Nice. Nothing better than to ruin campers.

Anyways, after playing the game some more, I've stayed away from FFA and TDM. It seems campers are more prevalent there (at least for me). Sticking with objective playlists for now. While there are still campers here and there, is not as bad.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
Nice. Nothing better than to ruin campers.

Anyways, after playing the game some more, I've stayed away from FFA and TDM. It seems campers are more prevalent there (at least for me). Sticking with objective playlists for now. While there are still campers here and there, is not as bad.

I love Free For All. I do the best, there. I don't camp, either.

My aim really sucks because using a joystick to aim is ultra unnatural for me. But the only advantage I have is getting the drop and reflexes...so I do better in FFA than all other game modes.

Debate time: is it cheating to use a keyboard and mouse? I was thinking about getting the XIM or whatever thing because my aim sucks so bad with a controller. I am primarily a PC gamer. Some say that you should use whatever is the most natural for you. Some say you should use the tool that game was designed to use. Personally, I feel my aim sucks so bad that it would not give me an unfair advantage over the other players. Instead of 12-16, I would be 16-12. At least I think that's the case. I notice I lose almost all gun duels (where both players see each other at the same time...roughly...and start firing). This tells me I am a disadvantage because I am used to aiming with a mouse. I played a lot of Skyrim, Fallout 3/NV, and Borderlands. Many many many hours on those 3 games on PC. My aim...just does not work unless I have a mouse.

Zack Fair
Play the game at your best. That means use the mouse and keyboard. Screw dem people that think its cheating.

KingD19
It's just as much a "cheat" as me using a joystick for Star Wars: The Old Republic because I'm more comfortable with a controller than a mouse and keyboard.

ArtificialGlory
Play the game at your best. That means use the mouse and keyboard. Screw dem people that think its cheating.

This.

BackFire
I love Free For All. I do the best, there. I don't camp, either.

My aim really sucks because using a joystick to aim is ultra unnatural for me. But the only advantage I have is getting the drop and reflexes...so I do better in FFA than all other game modes.

Debate time: is it cheating to use a keyboard and mouse? I was thinking about getting the XIM or whatever thing because my aim sucks so bad with a controller. I am primarily a PC gamer. Some say that you should use whatever is the most natural for you. Some say you should use the tool that game was designed to use. Personally, I feel my aim sucks so bad that it would not give me an unfair advantage over the other players. Instead of 12-16, I would be 16-12. At least I think that's the case. I notice I lose almost all gun duels (where both players see each other at the same time...roughly...and start firing). This tells me I am a disadvantage because I am used to aiming with a mouse. I played a lot of Skyrim, Fallout 3/NV, and Borderlands. Many many many hours on those 3 games on PC. My aim...just does not work unless I have a mouse.

It's absolutely not cheating. Anyone who gives you shit about doing that is just a poor sport making excuses. They have the same options of using a keyboard and mouse as you do.

Tzeentch._
I really wish I could do the same thing with PC's tbh, I would if I could.

I'm way better with a controller than I am with a mouse on shooters, so I'd like to use one of those PC 360 controllers when I play Planetside 2 and stuff. The problem though is that, from what I understand, controllers only work on the console because of the aim assist- turn it off and your reticule's going all over the place. So since PC versions of games don't have aim assist, I wouldn't gain much of an advantage. Conversely though, you can turn off aim-assist on most console games, so if you're better with a mouse I say go for it.

edit- Not really relevant, but my Dad has the same problem- he sucks with a controller, lol. The problem is that he sucks with a mouse too, he prefers to play with joysticks, and that's so outdated that he ends up just not playing games much anymore. LOL

Kazenji
Controller or Keyboard and mouse doesn't really bother me which one really

i'm fairly good on both.

dadudemon
Originally posted by KingD19
It's just as much a "cheat" as me using a joystick for Star Wars: The Old Republic because I'm more comfortable with a controller than a mouse and keyboard.

That was my justification, as well. Some people play PC games with Xbox 360 and Dual Shock controllers. They feel more comfortable using those and they do better on the PC games with those.

It's absolutely not cheating. Anyone who gives you shit about doing that is just a poor sport making excuses. They have the same options of using a keyboard and mouse as you do.

I thought about that. That is probably why they give me shit...they just fear losing the advantage they have over me: tens of thousands of hours in FPS games playing with the Dual Shock or 360 controllers.

Thinking about it...I may very well have thousands of hours logged on PC FPS type games. Also, if you consider all of the 90s...
you have to consider game franchises like Wolfenstein, Doom, Blake Stone, and Hexen.

I did log tons of time on Goldeneye 007 on the N64...

FistOfThe North
Does anyone here play pc blops 2 online. if so, if you want, you can add me.

I have a 1.16 k/d ratio.

KingD19
If you're on Xbox Live, my gamer tag is DAJUGGMAN.

FistOfThe North
yea, i'm only on pc.

BackFire
I've been playing this one a surprising amount. Usually I just play the campaign, and a couple hours of multiplayer and then I'm done, at least since MW2, which I put a bit more time in. But I'm really enjoying Blops 2 MP.

The new pick 10 system is really fun, and all the maps seem very solid for the most part. I've already played this one more than any other COD game. I've never actually prestiged in a COD game before, but I'm going to with this one.

Tzeentch._
What about the game has appealed to you so much that you're drawn to it more than the other cod games? I haven't played bo2 yet, not sure I want too unless it'd a breathe of fresh air for the series.

BackFire
Well, I played COD4 and MW2 till around level 35, then I just got bored. MW2 had that dumb noobtube thing that kinda ruined the game. And with MW3 I couldn't get into because there seemed to be problems with regularly spawning near enemies and dying as a result.

In Blops 2 I feel that the spawning is good, and the maps are all a good balance of allowing slight camping, but not like MW2 where you could camp in the same spot for literally the whole match. All the camp spots have multiple routes to enter them so it's kinda hard to hold them for really long periods of time. Also SMG's are very good guns, so a lot of people use them and as a result they move around and rush a lot. There's just a good balance in most games of people camping a bit, and people rushing. It makes the gameplay feel more dynamic and varied.

Also, like I said, I really like the new pick 10 system. It allows for a level of customization and experimentation that the prior games didn't really give. I also like that kill streaks are now score streaks, and they seem to be a little more difficult to get. I believe before you could get a UAV with 3 kills. Now it takes 4 or 5.

Mostly little things, and a big part of it may be that I haven't really put significant time into Blops 1 and MW3 mp, so it's a bit more fresh than it otherwise would be. But I'm really having fun with it so far.

Scarlet Fox
I enjoy Black Ops II myself but I have had frequent issues with Spawn killing. Like I will spawn after a Spawn flip but there is still enemy players in the area and I get shot right away. Like in Hijacked, The boat map which is my fav one, I will spawn and then get shot by a guy camping in the above cabin.

On a plus side I LOVE Zombies. Props to thge 'Tombstone' perk which allows you to retrieve your stuff, Perks and Weapons, if you die. Of course you need to buy Tombstone again after but at least you dont need to spend 5500+ on Jugg, weapons, ect.

dadudemon
Just bought this game for the PS3 (I had been playing it for the 360).

I must say, everything is better in PS3. The players are better, the Frame Rate never slows down, it is faster to get into games (no constant popping in and out of players like on 360...people sit still, longer, which allows the games to start faster), and far less rage quitting (which causes game delays due to host migrations). Overall, it is a much smoother and less frustrating experience on PS3.

Add in that PSN is free....and I feel really really dumb for getting this game on 360.

BackFire
I've never encountered any frame rate slowdown on the 360 with this game.

dadudemon
I've never encountered any frame rate slowdown on the 360 with this game.

Play some ground war.

BackFire
Maybe I will!

Zack Fair
Just bought this game for the PS3 (I had been playing it for the 360).

I must say, everything is better in PS3. The players are better, the Frame Rate never slows down, it is faster to get into games (no constant popping in and out of players like on 360...people sit still, longer, which allows the games to start faster), and far less rage quitting (which causes game delays due to host migrations). Overall, it is a much smoother and less frustrating experience on PS3.

Add in that PSN is free....and I feel really really dumb for getting this game on 360. How are the players better?

dadudemon
How are the players better?

Because they are not worse or the same?

Scarlet Fox
How are the players better?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.