Ridley vs. Rayquaza

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nemesis X
http://i325.photobucket.com/albums/k376/MrsRidleyAnne/l_24921b491fae422eaffcdd7e015e2d1a.jpgVs.http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii266/TheGreenTerror/Pokemon/rayq1.jpg

It's space dragon versus poke-dragon. Ridley, leader of the space pirates from the Metroid-verse, battles Rayquaza, one of Pokemon's most legendary and fearsome beasts.

Round 1: Rayquaza fights Organic Ridley

Round 2: Ridley in his Meta form seen in Metroid Prime 1-3

These fights take place near a volcano.

Who wins?

CosmicComet
nice fight, i think?

at least its new.

The Scenario
Hm.

I'm not sure what to make of this one, given how difficult it's going to be determining Rayquaza's abilities. It has one scene in Emerald where it calms down Kyogre and Groudon, but is otherwise featless. Meanwhile Kyogre and Groudon have the potential to flood the planet or cause extended droughts, respectively, putting Rayquaza roughly on that level of power with the ability to calm the weather instead. I haven't seen the anime or read the manga where it appears, so I've got nothing there.

Ridley, on the other hand, can survive ship self-destructs and regenerate by eating meat, which I'm assuming aren't available. Defensively, even his adolescent form is immune to bullets and is only seems to be fazed by plasma, while his adult form can temporarily shrug off plasma attacks, but not larger explosives. He breathes fire, which Rayquaza's Dragon typing has resistance to, but Ridley also wrecks a mountain in the Metroid manga. Otherwise, Ridley has few other notable attacks aside from claws and his tail. He has a chameleon-like ability to disguise himself and be almost invisible, and his screeching sends animals into a frenzied bloodrage; not sure how exactly that will work, but could be advantageous .

Meta-Ridley is a bit different, with plasma breath, bombs, missiles, a lot more armor and in Omega form, Phazon powers. Not too many feats aside from destroying statues and bending metal bars, but he's definitely more powerful than standard Ridley. Phazon in particular gives him a good edge.

As for the battlefield, Ridley isn't too bothered by being near magma and Rayquaza seems to deal with Groudon well enough. The volcano shouldn't affect either of them too adversely.

NemeBro
So anyway Rayquaza stomps.

Rayquaza is more powerful than a couple of legendaries who have reformatting the structure of the planet as their day job.

ares834
I'm not all that familiar with Ridley but Rayquaza slaps around beings who can destroy/create continents or that can flood the Earth.

So I'm going with Rayquaza.

Edit: Seems I was ninjad... Twice.

The Scenario
Bah, making rain and droughts that eventually pose a danger aren't combat applicable.

TheAuraAngel
Originally posted by The Scenario
Bah, making rain and droughts that eventually pose a danger aren't combat applicable.

Rayquaza can destroy a planet busting meteor/shooting star with a single Hyper beam. Is that combat applicable? stick out tongue

The Scenario
Sure, I'll accept that if you tell me which movie it was in, because I want to watch it now.

ares834
Originally posted by The Scenario
Sure, I'll accept that if you tell me which movie it was in, because I want to watch it now.
I assume he is talking about this.

Y3-AVP4Pd7I

The Scenario
'k, Rayquaza wins.

And I'm watching Destiny Deoxys anyway.

Ridley_Prime
From what I recall in Emerald, Rayquaza merely calmed down the two using Hyper Voice, then they went back to their respective lairs, but in an actual battle Kyogre's Ice Beam alone would OHKO Rayquaza.

As for the movie, Ray merely got one lucky shot in when Deoxys' defenses were down and was getting tossed around like a ragdoll before that, but based on the Mystery Dungeon thing, I guess he does pretty much win here still. Huh.

Nemesis X
From how thin that hyper beam looks when it hit that meteor, what's to say Ridley can't dodge it? Anyone remember what happened in Other M when Anthony fired his plasma gun at him? This would probably be no different.

BloodRain
6ft thick and likely hypersonic+. It takes a second to charge so Ridley may be able to aim-dodge, if he's lucky.

prestogiant02
Ridley, He's powerful... yes, but Rayquaza is no slouch either... my opinion, there evenly matched.

Zack Fair
So what is the most powerful Pokemon?

Ridley_Prime
Arceus.

TheAuraAngel
Originally posted by Zack Fair

God.

BloodRain
The Almighty One.

The Scenario
The meteor feat puts Mystery Dungeon Rayquaza above Movie Arceus. Funny, that.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by TheAuraAngel
God.

What who? The God of the pokeverse is a pokemon too?

TheAuraAngel
What who? The God of the pokeverse is a pokemon too?

Yep. A MLP type God at that.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.