One Above All vs. The presence

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Hulkbuster1
Ever since humans invented the concept of Gods, we have had wars to see which one was more worthy of praise and to hold the title of true Lord. We all have our personal beliefs on whether divine beings or a being exist and usually the ones with personal belifes gathers others trying to convert them into their belifes till it becomes a cult than a church/temple and the more popular one is held as the true power,messiah and path. So in this modern era of story retailings who would be the most powerful God based on our ''worship'' (popularity) to come out as the true lord and savior.
Battle location: Earth 2012 apocalypse Now!
Battle conditions: No stalemates The god with the most popularity wins. (example currently based on popularity Jesus christ is stronger than Jehova,god,krishna,beatles,tupac,satan, and buddha.)

Jynocidus
on KMC the presence stomps

Cogito
The most popular one is easily TOAA, but this is stupid.

Jynocidus
why is this stupid?

is it because there are two omnipotent beings facing each other?

DarkSaint85
Wolverione soloes

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Jynocidus
why is this stupid?

is it because there are two omnipotent beings facing each other?

Its becaused its based on something as nebulous as popularity, and no only that, these two are the be-all and end-all of the two universes - infinity vs infinity, if you will.

Igniz
This thread is tempting me to make a Carnivore Capability Thread mad .Carnivore isn't my most hated nor is he my favorite.But If more threads like this appears, I may not be able to resist the urge for making said thread.If anyone is asking me who Carnivore is, I wont answer.I'm shutup ing up now.

PS.Don't take what I said too seriously big grin

Hulkbuster1
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Its becaused its based on something as nebulous as popularity, and no only that, these two are the be-all and end-all of the two universes - infinity vs infinity, if you will. You're absolutely right but debating over fictional characters in itself can be consider 'stupid' as its a waste of time but it's not we argue because its more than a hobbie to us its something we passionately dedicate time to. like I said irl believers argue about which god is the real one or why ones better, which that to an atheist is humorous because like you said supposly its infinite vs. infinty but well sometimes wars and lives are lost to abstract concepts.

DarkSaint85
Ok. How would you go about debating this one then?

CortSether
IIRC, wasn't the Presence said to be created by "external forces"? If that really is the case, then TOAA would be superior.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by CortSether
IIRC, wasn't the Presence said to be created by "external forces"? If that really is the case, then TOAA would be superior.

Thought the battle was based on popularity?

In any case, your statement could mean that the Presence was created by external forces i.e. comic book writers. Making the Presence superior, because it is at least aware that it is a comic book concept.

Jynocidus
based on popularity the presence wins. presence created characters that have more fanboys (no offense)

Hulkbuster1
Ok. How would you go about debating this one then? popularity example which comic is read more and which ones more recognisable to to give the mythical character more power and recognition.

Hulkbuster1
based on popularity the presence wins. presence created characters that have more fanboys (no offense) you seem to have gotten the concept here virtual beer buddy beer

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Hulkbuster1
popularity example which comic is read more and which ones more recognisable to to give the mythical character more power and recognition.

In which case, TOAA wins, as of MArch 2012 they had a higher market share than DC (35.92% vs 29.47%).

There we go. Sorted.

Cogito
In which case, TOAA wins, as of MArch 2012 they had a higher market share than DC (35.92% vs 29.47%).

There we go. Sorted.

thumb up

Jynocidus

There we go. Sorted.

does that include all merchandise, or just comics?

not to mention, the presence is portrayed as...JD God. The one the Arch Angels serve, the one Lucifer went against. Presence has church followings ontop of fanboys

DarkSaint85
Just comics. Taking into account merchandising, and Marvel would stomp even harder - apparently, there's a film called The Avengers out which has taken $170 million worldwide. Before it has even been released in the States.

Jynocidus
all of that money goes right back to the government though, and they worship God. On the back of the all mighty dollar bill, it says "In God We Trust"

that same government helped create the lie detector or something, and that person had something to do with the creation of wonder woman or her lasso of truth or something

Hulkbuster1
Just comics. Taking into account merchandising, and Marvel would stomp even harder - apparently, there's a film called The Avengers out which has taken $170 million worldwide. Before it has even been released in the States. True it seems marvel's movies are faring better thats not to say dc doesn't have great titles like batman dark knight.

Cogito
Battle conditions: No stalemates The god with the most popularity wins. (example currently based on popularity Jesus christ is stronger than Jehova,god,krishna,beatles,tupac,satan, and buddha.) Originally posted by Jynocidus
based on popularity the presence wins. presence created characters that have more fanboys (no offense) Originally posted by Jynocidus
not to mention, the presence is portrayed as...JD God. The one the Arch Angels serve, the one Lucifer went against. Presence has church followings ontop of fanboys

Obvious bait thread is obvious.

It's too bad nobody's pushing this down the religious lines you were hoping for erm

But I'll play along with the thread.

In terms of popularity, TOAA wins by virtue of Marvel having a bigger share of the comic book, movie, and merchandising scene. Which is to say that Marvel has more fans. This has been the case for many years, and is highly unlikely to change in the near future. Marvel's success with films is quite apparent, while DC has really only had success with one franchise recently (Batman) and relatively smaller success with a lot of small titles (Watchmen and the like).

The future of the comics industry is headed towards film (as evidenced by the hundreds of millions to near billion dollar revenue every film brings in), and Marvel's raking in both the cash and the fans.

Igniz
all of that money goes right back to the government though, and they worship God. On the back of the all mighty dollar bill, it says "In God We Trust"

that same government helped create the lie detector or something, and that person had something to do with the creation of wonder woman or her lasso of truth or something

What the f**k?

Cogito
Originally posted by Igniz
What the f**k?
Don't worry
Originally posted by Cogito

Jynocidus
lol, i defend DC and i'm still the bad guy

Jynocidus

It's too bad nobody's pushing this down the religious lines you were hoping for erm

In terms of popularity, TOAA wins by virtue of Marvel having a bigger share of the comic book, movie, and merchandising scene. Which is to say that Marvel has more fans. This has been the case for many years, and is highly unlikely to change in the near future. Marvel's success with films is quite apparent, while DC has really only had success with one franchise recently (Batman) and relatively smaller success with a lot of small titles (Watchmen and the like).

The future of the comics industry is headed towards film (as evidenced by the hundreds of millions to near billion dollar revenue every film brings in), and Marvel's raking in both the cash and the fans.

so money is everything? there's probably more poor people in the world than fortunate, and superman is global...even hungry kids in third world countries know about boy blue

DarkSaint85
lol, i defend DC and i'm still the bad guy

Yes, you are. Because I like to think we don't defend Marvel/DC because they're Marvel/DC, but because there're actual facts to back up the reasonings. To do so without evidence, is being a fanboy.

Ok. Back it up like a Tonka truck.

Jynocidus
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Moulton_Marston

Cogito
so money is everything?

Well, yes. no expression

there's probably more poor people in the world than fortunate, and superman is global...even hungry kids in third world countries know about boy blue

We're talking about companies as a whole, not individual characters/titles. Superman and Batman are more popular and well known than just about any other comic book characters worldwide, but they don't make up for the void left by their peers.

Marvel sells more comic books issues than DC.
Marvel sells more movie tickets than DC.
Marvel sells more action figures and merchandise than DC.

In terms of numbers and dollars, Marvel's ahead on every count.

Hulkbuster1

The future of the comics industry is headed towards film (as evidenced by the hundreds of millions to near billion dollar revenue every film brings in), and Marvel's raking in both the cash and the fans. not bait I have a sense of humor am not so serious but it was an example to give an idea of the stipulation. not to argue but whether you like it or not it's true jesus is more popular than said mentions as he is more widely known and the new testament is distributed widley he is even more known than jehova from o.t. smh and according to some it's the same person. some ppl held beatles as gods even john lennon joked at the time they were more popular than jesus. tupac believe it or not by some cultist is revered as a god and that he imaged himself as a messiah agaisn't illumanite even his 7 day theory album confirms this but thats another story.

DarkSaint85
tupac believe it or not by some cultist is revered as a god and that he imaged himself as a messiah agaisn't illumanite even his 7 day theory album confirms this but thats another story.

One that we eagerly await.

Estacado
Going by feats The One Above All.

Hulkbuster1
One that we eagerly awa laughing laughing it.

Cogito
not bait I have a sense of humor am not so serious but it was an example to give an idea of the stipulation. not to argue but whether you like it or not it's true jesus is more popular than said mentions as he is more widely known and the new testament is distributed widley he is even more known that jehova from o.t. smh and according to some it's the same person.

The DC God (The Presence) is - and I'm going to say this as clearly as I can - modeled after the Judeo-Christian God.

He is not, nor would anyone in their right mind claim him to be, the God that billions around the world worship.

In fact, I'm pretty sure every religion on earth would consider the Presence to be blasphemy and heretical.

Sundipped
Battle conditions: No stalemates The god with the most popularity wins. (example currently based on popularity Jesus christ is stronger than Jehova,god,krishna,beatles,tupac,satan, and buddha.)

LOL at the Beatles & Tupac.

Jynocidus
you "experts" and this omnipotent thing crack me up. and you've got some nerve accusing me of trying to bait you. since you want to take it there, here you go...

if anything, i'm trying to get you to realize that nobody in creation is omnipotent. this thread proves that. omnipotent means all everything -- most powerful, most popular. for two beings to be comparable in any aspect goes against their omnipotence.

DarkSaint85
you "experts" and this omnipotent thing crack me up. and you've got some nerve accusing me of trying to bait you. since you want to take it there, here you go...

if anything, i'm trying to get you to realize that nobody in creation is omnipotent. this thread proves that. omnipotent means all everything -- most powerful, most popular. for two beings to be comparable in any aspect goes against their omnipotence.

Except we have already moved on from that, and said that TOAA wins. So....please stay on topic :-) if you find it difficult to argue for the Presence, you could always leave the thread and leave us 'experts' to it....

Cogito

kinda

Nobody has claimed any comic book character to the omnipotent in the real world, so get off your high horse.

These characters exist in a fictional setting, and that's the only setting they're used/compared in. Your failure to comprehend the usage of the word "omnipotent" in this context is nobody's problem but your own.

Hulkbuster1
.........That's why this battle is confined within the comic community. embarrasment embarrasment shocking I know laughing
The DC God (The Presence) is - and I'm going to say this as clearly as I can - modeled after the Judeo-Christian God.

He is not, nor would anyone in their right mind claim him to be, the God that billions around the world worship.

In fact, I'm pretty sure every religion on earth would consider the Presence to be blasphemy and heretical.

Jynocidus
Except we have already moved on from that, and said that TOAA wins. So....please stay on topic :-) if you find it difficult to argue for the Presence, you could always leave the thread and leave us 'experts' to it....

it's not concrete that TOAA wins. and it's funny, I like TOAA more but a disagree that he's more popular. For some threads to emphasize on his omnipotence just for a victory, this is the same scenario only with money. Just because people agree with you for a few posts doesn't solidify a victory.....

Presence accounts for a being "modeled after" JD God. Christianity is one of the biggest influences in the world, not...Marvel fans

Cogito
Presence accounts for a being "modeled after" JD God. Christianity is one of the biggest influences in the world, not...Marvel fans

The Bible/Torah/Koran would recognize The Presence as a false Idol akin to Satan or pagan gods.

DarkSaint85
So you're saying...

That if you took a Hellblazer comic to your local church, and ask them if the contents and mythology contained within is what they believe in, they woukd agree with you?

Because if they DON't believe in the Presence as depicted in DC and Vertigo, then....that kinda removes a mjor part of your support.

Cogito
http://kontraband.se/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/panda.jpg

Hulkbuster1
The Bible/Torah/Koran would recognize The Presence as a false Idol akin to Satan or pagan gods. ironically enough some think jesus is the devil using the same scriptures smart

Cogito
ironically enough some think jesus is the devil using the same scriptures smart

Those could by any number of non-Christians. There happen to be about 4-5 billion of them on this planet.

But that's really getting sidetracked.

Hulkbuster1
Those could by any number of non-Christians. There happen to be about 4-5 billion of them on this planet.

But that's really getting sidetracked. yeah.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.