Team Marvel vs Team DC

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

"Id"
Thor
Silver Surfer
Quasar
Nova Prime
Shaman X-Man

vs

Orion
Professor Zoom
Sinestro
Cyborg Superman
Maxima

guy222
hey id

marvel

abhilegend
Team 1.

Galan007
Good battle. thumb up

Marvel's only real answer to Zoom would be for Nate to preform the 'step in between time' maneuver he used against Ares. However, Nate didn't really use that as an offensive tactic, iirc--he used it to get away from Ares (which didn't work anyway.) Regardless whether or not it's offensive or defensive, it certainly isn't Nate's first-line tactic; that much I'm confident about. I'm also confident that Maxima can telepathically hold off Nate from mind-raping long enough for Zoom to dish out some pain to the Marvel team. She wouldn't have to hold off Nate for long, mind you--a few seconds (if that) should suffice. Remember, this is the same Zoom that easily owned every single member of the Flash Family (inc. Johns' wanked-out/overpowered version of Barry Allen) simultaneously. He's LOT] faster than anyone else on the field--blitzing them with strikes fueled by Negative Speed Force energy wouldn't be an issue, imo.

Dunno who wins, but it'd be a fun battle to watch. big grin

Glorificus
Team 1 wins.

guy222
yes

Prep-Man
Team 2, mainly because of Zoom.

Don Corleone
Originally posted by "Id"
Thor
Silver Surfer
Quasar
Nova Prime
Shaman X-Man

vs

Orion
Professor Zoom
Sinestro
Cyborg Superman
Maxima

Shaman tips the scale in favor of team 1.

Arabus
Without going into all the things that Cyborg Superman could do to Team 2, unless someone can cite a reference for Hank being screwed with telepathically (which he hasn't to my knowledge) it's going to be very hard for Team 2 to win. Don't forget that his consciousness isn't exactly conventional either because it's connected to machines. Hank can't be killed. If you destroy his body, he just reconstitutes himself. The only thing on Team 2's side that might be able to stop Hank is some plot devicey Mjolnir magic, but in this fight, the wielder is far too slow.

carver9
Originally posted by abhilegend
Team 1.

Shocked.

"Id"
Hank astral body was heavily wounded by Boodikka, who isn't even a psi character. Someone like X-Man spells back news...more so when is able to discorporate his astral body or drain psionically drain them.

golem370
SS can travel in time as well

"Id"
Hank astral body was heavily wounded by Boodikka, who isn't even a psi character. Someone like X-Man spells bad news...more so when he is able to discorporate his astral body or drain psionically drain them.

I also want to add, that both Surfer, and Thor are able shift themselfs into astral form at will. Hanks ability to survive, due to his Astral Body feels jaded when you have characters that can do something about it.

As far as the match goes, it was my best effort to keep it balance.

abhilegend
Originally posted by carver9
Shocked.
Why?

Estacado
Team 1.

Arabus
I also want to add, that both Surfer, and Thor are able shift themselfs into astral form at will.

Yes, but if Hank sucks all of Norrin's power cosmic out of him, how does he come back? As for Thor, he's way too slow to do anything before actual speedsters (Zoom, Maxima, and Hank) kill him. He's a glass cannon.

Boodikka who isn't a psi character was able to wound Hank's non-corporeal consciousness, therefore X-man, a psi character...can? Not following.

JakeTheBank
....how would Hank go about siphoning all of the Power Cosmic from Norrin before he defended himself? Also not seeing how Maxima, Hank, or Zoom kill Thor before he does anything of note.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by JakeTheBank ....how would Hank go about siphoning all of the Power Cosmic from Norrin before he defended himself? Also not seeing how Maxima, Hank, or Zoom kill Thor before he does anything of note.

some of the jla, including superman wasnt able to stop professor zoom. he could de age most of the lineup.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Prep-Man
some of the jla, including superman wasnt able to stop professor zoom. he could de age most of the lineup.

Superman was also able to hit Zoom before. Hal Jordan was also able to momentarily tag him with constructs. I don't think Thor would conventionally be able to land a flush strike normally on Zoom or the other speedsters, but he still has the means to attack and defend and neither Maxima nor Hank would be able to KO or kill Thor before he was able to react.

Prep-Man
that was zoom, not professor zoom. professor zoom ran circles around superman when he was in boosters book. his control of time and speed is what gives his team the edge, imo.

JakeTheBank
that was zoom, not professor zoom. professor zoom ran circles around superman when he was in boosters book. his control of time and speed is what gives his team the edge, imo.

Ah okay.

I will agree that Zoom is the MVP for his team in any case. I still think the idea that Henshaw or Maxima beating Thor before he reacted is pretty far fetched to say the least.

Prep-Man
thor would be fighting orion, imo. could go either way with that one.

Arabus
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Ah okay.

I will agree that Zoom is the MVP for his team in any case. I still think the idea that Henshaw or Maxima beating Thor before he reacted is pretty far fetched to say the least.

Maxima has dropped Orion with an Almeracian mind-bolt before he could react. Not even J'onn could do something like that.

Cyborg Superman has one-shotted Hal Jordan. He can kill Guardians with ease. Even if Thor had a really good roll of the dice, and was able to take the first hit, the second, third, fourth, and fifth hits are coming in right behind at superspeed.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Arabus
As for Thor, he's way too slow to do anything before actual speedsters (Zoom, Maxima, and Hank) kill him. He's a glass cannon.

Zoom yes. Hank most prolly. But Maxima a speedster? Did I miss something?

"Kill him" before he can do anything is a STRONG statement. Remember this is a team battle.

quanchi112
Team 1 wins.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Zoom yes. Hank most prolly. But Maxima a speedster? Did I miss something?

"Kill him" before he can do anything is a STRONG statement. Remember this is a team battle.

She surprised Superman with her speed. She's pretty fast, but not Superman fast.

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Also not seeing how Maxima, Hank, or Zoom kill Thor before he does anything of note.

I think Orion and Thor would end up going at it. That fight is pretty much a wash IMO. Whoever wins isn't going to be in much shape to help their team out afterwards.

But I agree with you, no one is beating Thor quickly here...unless Hulk shows up and he decides to become a jobber...

celeyhyga17
She surprised Superman with her speed. She's pretty fast, but not Superman fast.

Yeah. Just wanted to know what basis Arabus had for classifying her as a "speedster".

"Id"
Yes, but if Hank sucks all of Norrin's power cosmic out of him, how does he come back? As for Thor, he's way too slow to do anything before actual speedsters (Zoom, Maxima, and Hank) kill him. He's a glass cannon.

Seems to me your drawing match ups, and potential scenerios that favor team dc.

And you completely lost me with Thor being a Class Cannon.

Boodikka who isn't a psi character was able to wound Hank's non-corporeal consciousness, therefore X-man, a psi character...can? Not following.
Exactly X-Man who is a psi character can. Since astral manipulation is his back yard.

Your talking to the man that can boot him out astral plane.
Discorprate his astral form.
Or drain him of all his astral energy.

Not to overlook that both Thor, and Surfer can shift themselves into the astral plane. So in reality X-Man isn't the only one that could effect Hank beyond his metaphysical being.

celeyhyga17
Seems to me your drawing match ups, and potential scenerios that favor team dc.

And you completely lost me with Thor being a Class Cannon.

Exactly X-Man who is a psi character can. Since astral manipulation is his back yard.

Your talking to the man that can boot him out astral plane.
Discorprate his astral form.
Or drain him of all his astral energy.

Not to overlook that both Thor, and Surfer can shift themselves into the astral plane. So in reality X-Man isn't the only one that could effect Hank beyond his metaphysical being.

Hey Id. About Thor shifting himself into the astral plane... You talking about Thor Heaven and Earth #2? If that's shifting himself to the astral plane, are there other examples?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.