'Van Helsing' Reboot

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Patient_Leech
Oh lawd... 'Van Helsing' Reboot

Should be better than the previous attempt, but I'm not sure they can top Kate Beckinsale in hotness, though. I like Interview With The Vampire quite a lot, so Tom Cruise seems a good choice to me. Brad Pitt would be better, though.

Nephthys
Nice to see Hollywood desperately milking any amount of brand appeal they can. Classy.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Nephthys
Nice to see Hollywood desperately milking any amount of brand appeal they can. Classy.

lol

I believe they have been doing that since the 30s???

Robtard
Good, the character has a lot of potential in the action/supernatural genres, I'd not mind seeing a decent film of him.

Nephthys
Originally posted by dadudemon
lol

I believe they have been doing that since the 30s???

I missed out a 'still' in there.

Mindship
Cruise as Van Helsing?

facepalm2

marwash22
Tom phucking Cruise?

http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/disgusted/grand/tumb.gif

Nephthys
Its funny because Ryan Reynolds was also horribly miscast as a superhero (which Van Helsing kinda is?).

Robtard
Originally posted by marwash22
Tom phucking Cruise?

http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/disgusted/grand/tumb.gif

Cruise's personal nonsense and idiocy aside, he's a talented actor and he's done action before.

marwash22
not debating that, love him in the MI series, but i just plain don't like the idea of him in that role.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Mindship
Cruise as Van Helsing?

facepalm2

its obvious the studio wants a big name for this.. i've only liked cruise in a few things.. he might shock everyone and turn out to be good

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Robtard
Good, the character has a lot of potential in the action/supernatural genres, I'd not mind seeing a decent film of him. Originally posted by Robtard
Cruise's personal nonsense and idiocy aside, he's a talented actor and he's done action before.

For once I agree completely with the Great and Mighty Film Prophet.

Impediment
Van Helsing sucked Robtard balls.

Manchub
Hugh Jackman was awesome in Van Helsing.. it just needed a better script

But it's definitely on the list of movies I wouldn't expect to be remade/rebooted

NemeBro
Originally posted by Robtard
Cruise's personal nonsense and idiocy aside, he's a talented actor and he's done action before. He's also a ****ing dwarf though.

That said, I agree with you, the Van Helsing character has a lot of potential to make an awesome movie.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by NemeBro

That said, I agree with you, the Van Helsing character has a lot of potential to make an awesome movie.

Yes, but I'm assuming you're imagining Jackman's Helsing & his arsenal of machine-gun cross-bows & missile propelled stakes...

Helsing would be less of an interesting hero armed only with garlic, holy water & wooden stakes.

siriuswriter
The original Van Helsing is an elderly man from "Dracula" who has studied vampires his whole life and so is like the ultimate vampire slayer, except with no pigtails and no jumping around and very, very little sex appeal.

For god's sakes, Anthony Hopkins played him in Bram Stoker's Dracula!

As interesting as it may be to see an origins van Helsing, is this movie is indeed true to the origins of the character, there's going to be a whole lot of scholarly work and reading in dim rooms.

Is this meant to be action/fantasy? Because I sense a little bit of epic fail in regards to the plot line. But then, good writers tend to have really good impacts on plot.

We won't know until we get some footage, I say.

Ridley_Prime
I didn't think Hugh Jackman's Helsing was as bad as most made it out to be, but it certainly wasn't anything special, memorable, etc. for me either. Hoping Cruise does the character more justice. And yeah, Jackman could've done a better job if there had been a better script.

NemeBro
Originally posted by siriuswriter
The original Van Helsing is an elderly man from "Dracula" who has studied vampires his whole life and so is like the ultimate vampire slayer, except with no pigtails and no jumping around and very, very little sex appeal.

For god's sakes, Anthony Hopkins played him in Bram Stoker's Dracula!

As interesting as it may be to see an origins van Helsing, is this movie is indeed true to the origins of the character, there's going to be a whole lot of scholarly work and reading in dim rooms.

Is this meant to be action/fantasy? Because I sense a little bit of epic fail in regards to the plot line. But then, good writers tend to have really good impacts on plot.

We won't know until we get some footage, I say. Old Abe also took a very hands-on approach to hunting vampires alongside his younger companions, though. One could ably take that fact and expand upon it to make him more action-capable, which I am fine with, but would indeed still prefer the scholarly aspects to his character be retained.

Think an older Sherlock Holmes (Books and recent Downey Jr. movies), only without also being autistic.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
I didn't think Hugh Jackman's Helsing was as bad as most made it out to be, but it certainly wasn't anything special, memorable, etc. for me either. Hoping Cruise does the character more justice. And yeah, Jackman could've done a better job if there had been a better script.

Just like the pod-race in Phantom Menace, everything about Jackman's Helsing just screamed Playstation Tie-In.

siriuswriter
Originally posted by NemeBro
Old Abe also took a very hands-on approach to hunting vampires alongside his younger companions, though. One could ably take that fact and expand upon it to make him more action-capable, which I am fine with, but would indeed still prefer the scholarly aspects to his character be retained.

Think an older Sherlock Holmes (Books and recent Downey Jr. movies), only without also being autistic.

That's exactly what I was thinking about when I was thinking of a good way this good play out.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.