Superman vs Avengers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dr Will Hatch
Christopher Reeve Superman vs Live Action Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, Captain America, Hawkeye, and Black Widow.

Avengers have an hour to prepare.

Impediment
Superman reversed the rotation of the Earth. He pushed the moon out of orbit to cause an eclipse. He flies at faster than light speed.

Superman wins.

Zack Fair
So it comes down to Thor and Hulk. My money is on Superman.

Demonic Phoenix
Superman tosses them into the Sun.

marwash22
Reeves Superman is PC. lol this is a no-contest.

DARTH POWER
^ He had some lower feats too though.

He had to dodge rockets in Superman 3, and got knocked out by a missile.

Didn't he also get knocked out by a flying bus in Superman 2?

playa1258
Smallville Superman would also stomp.

playa1258
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
^ He had some lower feats too though.

He had to dodge rockets in Superman 3, and got knocked out by a missile.

Didn't he also get knocked out by a flying bus in Superman 2?

Yes. But he also has those ridiculous feats.

Psychotron
It's a good thing Black Widow, Hawkeye and Captain America are here. It might have been unfair otherwise.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by playa1258
Yes. But he also has those ridiculous feats.
Like rebuilding the Great Wall of China just by looking at it. Reeves' Supes was the definition of Gary Stu.

Zack Fair
If only we knew if he was weak to magic or not. Thor might make a number on him if that was the case, but yeah team gets destroyed.

By the way the bus was thrown by 2 kryptonians. it may not have looked like it because of outdated effects, but it probably packed a lot of force. just saying.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Zack Fair
If only we knew if he was weak to magic or not. Thor might make a number on him if that was the case, but yeah team gets destroyed.

I think the magic weakness of Kryptonians was shown in Supergirl. But I can't remember it too well so can't confirm that. I think the villain in it wielded magic.

By the way the bus was thrown by 2 kryptonians. it may not have looked like it because of outdated effects, but it probably packed a lot of force. just saying.

Yeah but thing is everyone in the bus survived so it couldn't have been thrown that hard. I prefer to think he was faking being knocked out.

But then there's the rockets and Missile in Superman 3. Not that this puts him down to the Avenger's league, but just shows he's not necessarily unhurtable.

Ridley_Prime

I didn't think the 'outdated effects' were that bad for the movie's time, but I think we can all agree (especially Nemesis stick out tongue) that the dumbest part of Superman II was when a taxi cab crashed into Clark near the beginning, and no one outside suspected he was Superman when he was perfectly unharmed and the front of the car was all busted. Ah, movies those days.

Zack Fair
They survived because of Superman though, and yeah I agree. I always thought Superman faked the whole thing to lead the trio in a false sense of victory and make them chase after him while he was "injured' and so be able to fight them without worrying about the civilians. Plus the whole red light chamber thing.

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
I didn't think the 'outdated effects' were that bad for the movie's time, but I think we can all agree (especially Nemesis stick out tongue) that the dumbest part of Superman II was when a taxi cab crashed into Clark near the beginning, and no one outside suspected he was Superman when he was perfectly unharmed and the front of the car was all busted. Ah, movies those days.

Agreed. I always loved that part. If that scene played out in the 2000s I bet they would have added a line about suing Clark lol.

the ninjak
SHut It DOwn/.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.