DE Sidious Versus LotF Luke (Mind War)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Battlemaster
http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/ww231/Thallah/Sidious-1.jpg
Versus
http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/ww231/Thallah/Luke-2.jpg

Setting:http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/ww231/Thallah/Meditation.png

Luke and Sidious sit opposite one another in a quiet meditation-room. They are to engage in a war of Force Mind-Rapery, to the death.

Who has the greater Mental/Illusion/Mind-Rapery Feats?

(Maybe I should have waited for Gideon on this one) wink

Stealth Moose
Speak thee not of sockery, for the righteous iron fist shall smite thee.

That is some nice artwork though.

Battlemaster
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
Speak thee not of sockery, for the righteous iron fist shall smite thee.

That is some nice artwork though.

Aye.

Thanks.

Trocity
I'm just curious, since in previous threads you've stated how unimpressive DE Sidious is and also created many threads with Luke, only to bash him, which are you rooting for in your newest spite thread?????

Stealth Moose
Clearly, Luke in that badass Obi-Wan robe. I mean, he just looks like the Jedi he was always meant to be there.

Trocity
Luke does look unbelievably badass there XD

Stealth Moose
If post-OT media had been postponed until the character of Obi-Wan Kenobi had been better fleshed out in the PT, I think Luke's development would be drastically different.

Trocity
Agreed. He was more like the typical old man mentor in the OT. You get to see a joke crackin' much less wise master in the PT and I don't really like it as much. He would be a much different mentor if he had the same personality as that of the PT. It's pretty cool to watch them like, 4,5,2,3,6 and forget phantom menace cuz its gay, but wouldnt that be a cool way to watch the movies? Luke gets mentored by Obi wan, he dies, then he goes to learn from yoda, finds out Vadey's his papi, then you go back to AOTC, then his betrayal, then ROTJ.

PunyGod
Basic math says Sidious wins.

Nephthys
On the one hand Sidious mentally dominated billions on Coruscant iirc and on the other Luke resisted the mental powers of the powered-by-billions Unuthul.

I dunno.

Battlemaster
Originally posted by Nephthys
On the one hand Sidious mentally dominated billions on Coruscant iirc and on the other Luke resisted the mental powers of the powered-by-billions Unuthul.

I dunno.

I know - it's a funny toss-up.

I made this thread after a discussion with a friend about who could mind-rape more people simultaneously/pull off bigger illusions, etc.

I might say Luke, but I'm not sure.

Sidious did mind-rape billions on Byss, too.

That's why I thought I'd take it here, and see what the experts think.

truejedi
your picture tells me Luke. Luke mentally resisted abeloth... and I know he hasn't done it yet by this iteration, but i dont' see an extreme difference in his lOTF and FOTJ selves that convinces me he wouldn't be able to.

Battlemaster
Originally posted by truejedi
your picture tells me Luke. Luke mentally resisted abeloth... and I know he hasn't done it yet by this iteration, but i dont' see an extreme difference in his lOTF and FOTJ selves that convinces me he wouldn't be able to.

I thought the same.

Who could potentially mind-rape more people/cast better illusions based upon Feats, though?

Arhael
Originally posted by Battlemaster
I know - it's a funny toss-up.

I made this thread after a discussion with a friend about who could mind-rape more people simultaneously/pull off bigger illusions, etc.

I might say Luke, but I'm not sure.

Sidious did mind-rape billions on Byss, too.

That's why I thought I'd take it here, and see what the experts think.
In terms of feats obviously Palpatine is better as he has access to greater power.

Luke as Jedi couldn't/wouldn't mind rape anyone at all. But at illusions he is probably better as he used that technique to enormous extends and generally practiced it a alot, while don't know, if Palpatine was practicing any illusions at all.

If they just seat at front of each other, then it would be draw but Luke would be on full defense all the time. Maybe he could mind rape Palpatine's mind by projecting memories of the happiest moments of his life. xD

If they go to beyond shadows realm, then I go for Luke.

MewlingQuim
While it didn't meet with initial success, Skywalker was not only able to resist UnuThul's Force-empowered demands, but was also able to manipulate UnuThul into pacification. {At least initially.}

It stands to reason that it is highly unlikely Sidious would be able to cajole Luke with the Force at this stage in Skywalker's life. Moreover, it's very possible that Skywalker could subdue Sidious.

I'm going with Luke here.

Arhael
While I can't agree with that because Luke uses only his own potential, while Palpatine empowers himself draining life energy from Byss and other sources, I agree that Luke could still win.
Mental battle is far more complicated, than it seems, we can only guess how it would go and what emotions both of them would use and experience. Power is not the only deciding factor.

As example, Luke is more powerful, than Verger, yet, during their mental duel she easily dodged all his mental attacks and as result Luke took valuable lesson from her.

Another example heavily playing in favor of Luke is Abeloth. She was described as multiple times more powerful than him, yet, she couldn't take over his body without his wiliness.
Also, when she wrapped around him, he managed to muster his determination, called on all positive emotions including love for his son and as the result light emanated from him that weakened Abeloth enough for him to finish her.

Zampanó
UnuThul empowered himself with the raw Force potential of billions of Killiks.

Luke tanked several (charged) shots; a couple of volts from Palps will be no problem.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.