Avengers Movie, Hulk Vs The Avengers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Colossus-Big C
who wins here?

marwash22
stalemate.

from what was shown, Thor and Hulk are evenly matched. An argument can be made that Thor was holding back and that Thor could possibly beat Hulk if he used all his powers.

KingD19
It'll really come down to Thor vs Hulk at the end.

ares834
Let's not kid ourselves here, Hulk was overpowering Thor at the end. Still it's possible if he fought like a ***** he might be able to put down Hulk, but I don't see him just flying around spamming lightning.

Still, Ironman will be able to tip the battle into the Avenger's favor.

DARTH POWER
The result of Thor vs Hulk was left unanswered. Yes Hulk was winning, but the fight was on the SHIELD Hellicarrier, so it's not like Thor was going to Unleash Lightning and Hurricanes.

The fight was just a brawl and the fact that Thor gave Hulk such a good brawl speaks volumes for him.

I don't see Thor's Lightning finishing Hulk off after seeing all the laser blasts he took from the alien fleet. Of course the Lightning blasts would just add to the power he already displayed in their brawl.

But what would happen if Thor sucked Hulk up in a Hurricane like he did to The Destroyer in the Thor movie?

As for this thread though, I'm sure Hulk and IM together would be a match for movie Thor.

marwash22
not sure if we should use spoiler tags here, but I'll do it anyway...

Thor did bust loose from that cell which was meant to contain Hulk... it's unknown if the cell would have actually done it's job in holding hulk, but it's a good showing from Thor that he managed to break free from it.

i definitely think Thor could temp-ko Hulk if he used his hammer spin to fly into Hulk face.

Also Hulk was apparently ko'd from falling out of the sky which reverted him to Banner... so maybe Thor (or Iron Man) could drop him from a really high distsance.

ares834
Well the cell wasn't so much intended to hold Hulk but rather if he tried to escape it would drop him.

marwash22
oh yeah, my bad.

Psychotron
Meh, Bana Hulk would destroy Thor.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by ares834
Let's not kid ourselves here, Hulk was overpowering Thor at the end. Still it's possible if he fought like a ***** he might be able to put down Hulk, but I don't see him just flying around spamming lightning.

He was throwing Thor around like a ragdoll but Thor wasn't harmed at all, and he was fighting Hulk without the hammer most of the fight.

Tony better let goldielocks handle Hulk firsthand. He will get owned and probably hold Thor back. But I agree Tony can make it a win.

To be honest I do see Thor spamming lightning to put Hulk down if the situation called for it. Thor can always drop the hammer on top of Hulk and end it if all else fails.

The team should win.

I think Avengers Hulk is near Bana Hulk's league.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Me

As for this thread though, I'm sure Hulk and IM together would be a match for movie Thor.

I messed up here. I was thinking this was Thor vs Avengers.

Hulk loses against IM + Thor.

Thor vs IM+Hulk would make more sense to me.

ares834
Originally posted by Zack Fair
He was throwing Thor around like a ragdoll but Thor wasn't harmed at all, and he was fighting Hulk without the hammer most of the fight.

Thor had a bloody nose from Hulk's first hit. Sure, he wasn't badly injured but then Hulk wasn't either. And the reason he didn't have the hammer for the second portion of the fight was because Hulk knocked it out of his grasp and then didn't give Thor time to summon it.

I can't recall once where Thor spams lightning. Sure he occasionally uses it but never spams it. And a hammer drop won't be some easy feat to pull off. Thor's best bet is a tornado like he used against Destroyer.

Placidity

I can't recall once where Thor spams lightning. Sure he occasionally uses it but never spams it. And a hammer drop won't be some easy feat to pull off. Thor's best bet is a tornado like he used against Destroyer.

He uses it on Iron Man, and also to greater effect against the aliens and serpent ships coming through the portal.

Lightning charged strike like he did to the ground in his own movie is the best bet.

ares834
I'm not saying he doesn't use it, in fact I even stated he does use it occasionally, but he never spams it.

Darth Martin
Thor would win. He has better feats in his solo film than Hulk had in this one. Besides, Iron Man and Hawkeye are more than capable of tipping the scale.

marwash22
the hell is Hawkeye gonna do to Hulk?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor should solo but I wouldn't be surprised if the comic effect where the Odinson becomes nothing more than a brick when he faces the Hulk comes into play.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor should solo but I wouldn't be surprised if the comic effect where the Odinson becomes nothing more than a brick when he faces the Hulk comes into play.

The comic effect is exactly what happens in the movie. Thor will always brawl against the Hulk

Rage.Of.Olympus
Yea, Thor's effectiveness took a dive in this movie compared to his own.

janus77
Hulk murders them. Hulk does to Thor what he did to Loki.

The rest of The Avengers cannot contain or contend with Hulk. That was the whole point of Loki trying to get Hulk on-board the Helicarrier, so that he could engineer a way of destroying them from within.

Thor definitely does not have the power to KO Hulk, nothing like enough power. Practically half the invading alien armada focussed in on Hulk and fired off an extended - concentrated - volley at him. All it did was piss him off. Thor was barely effective after a blade to the gut, from Loki...

Hulk >>> Loki/Thor/puny gods.

Zack Fair
You call slowing down the army and destroying 2 leviathans barely effective? If it wasn't for Thor having a not perfect landing before the Avengers assembled i would not have known he was injured by the silly dagger.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by janus77

Funny because Hulk and Thor did fight, and I don't remember it happening like that at all.

Oh and that while Thor outright said "I don't want to fight you Banner" and without unleashing any of his more exotic powers.

PunyGod
To be fair, the movie does strongly imply that the Hulk is much more cognizant than would suggest by his conduct. He seems to recognize and protect his allies in the final battle, not to mention his willingness to take orders from the Captain. I would submit that the Hulk unleashed rather unprecedented aggression towards Loki, the source of strife for him and his friends and the world itself, that he did not direct towards Thor.

Zack Fair
I was surprised with how much control Banner got after the helicarier incident. I didn't really mind it because it gave us great scenes, but I was left confused and wondering how Banner did it. Perhaps because he willingly transformed during the invasion whereas his previous transformation was forced.

Robtard
Hulk > Thor by Avengers movie feats.

Hulk punched Thor with all his might = Thor was knocked back and got a bloody nose. Thor hit Hulk with Mjolnir with all his might = Knocked back; no noticeable damage.

Hulk one-shot a living ship with a punch, I don't recall Thor being able to do this (did it happen?).

Hulk did not get KO'd when he crashed landed, the old security guard said he was still awake when he landed. By Thor's desperation to free himself from the cell, it seemed to imply that a fall from that height could potentially kill or severely harm him, though it's inconclusive.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Robtard

Hulk one-shot a living ship with a punch, I don't recall Thor being able to do this (did it happen?).

He did with a lightning strike. Remember we're talking overall power in an all out fight, not just whose better in a punch up.

Hulk did not get KO'd when he crashed landed, the old security guard said he was still awake when he landed. By Thor's desperation to free himself from the cell, it seemed to imply that a fall from that height could potentially kill or severely harm him, though it's inconclusive.

Loki's words "The mortals think we're immortal. I'd like to test that theory" would suggest that even he wasn't sure what the drop would do to Thor in terms of permanent damage. So like you said it's inconclusive.

Placidity
I was surprised with how much control Banner got after the helicarier incident. I didn't really mind it because it gave us great scenes, but I was left confused and wondering how Banner did it. Perhaps because he willingly transformed during the invasion whereas his previous transformation was forced.

I think that is the most popular explanation. Although I don't think anyone has mentioned that Hulk along with the rest of the team were being magically affected due to their proximity to the scepter. Also, Bruce actually held it which probably meant he was affected the most. That could be a major factor into why he couldn't control himself the first time.

As we saw with Hawkeye, after being knocked out, it "re-calibrated" his psyche and returned to his normal self. I believe the same thing happened to Bruce - after he went unconscious, Loki/Scepter's influence left him.

Robtard
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
He did with a lightning strike. Remember we're talking overall power in an all out fight, not just whose better in a punch up.

I don't see that lightning doing anything to Hulk considering it didn't do much to Ironman and Hulk was bombarded by what looked like to be at least 20 ships and it didn't harm him at all.

So it seems like this fight would come down to a "punch up", which Hulk showed better feats and overall power.

Robtard
Originally posted by Placidity
I think that is the most popular explanation. Although I don't think anyone has mentioned that Hulk along with the rest of the team were being magically affected due to their proximity to the scepter. Also, Bruce actually held it which probably meant he was affected the most. That could be a major factor into why he couldn't control himself the first time.

As we saw with Hawkeye, after being knocked out, it "re-calibrated" his psyche and returned to his normal self. I believe the same thing happened to Bruce - after he went unconscious, Loki/Scepter's influence left him.

From several scenes combined, I got the impression that Banner had finally become in control of when he transforms, barring the Helicarrier scene where as you mentioned, his mind was being influenced by outside powers.

Zack Fair
I don't see that lightning doing anything to Hulk considering it didn't do much to Ironman and Hulk was bombarded by what looked like to be at least 20 ships and it didn't harm him at all.

So it seems like this fight would come down to a "punch up", which Hulk showed better feats and overall power.

Iron Man was backed by PIS...kind of. The whole supercharge was sort of lame lol.

the ninjak
A few more lightning strikes and Ironman would've been toast regardless of supercharges I reckon. You saw the damage burn into the armor.

Blight
So now we have 3 Movie Hulk vs. Thor threads.

DARTH POWER
I don't see that lightning doing anything to Hulk considering it didn't do much to Ironman

Doesn't work like that. Iron man runs on energy, the Lightning just powered him up. It's happened in comics as well.

and Hulk was bombarded by what looked like to be at least 20 ships and it didn't harm him at all.

That's not what it looked like. It looked like it was hurting him, and I still think Thor's lightning would be more powerful considering the damage it caused.

Anyway the point was to show who can output more power. Thor can also whirl Hulk up in a Tornado like he did the Destroyer.

Zack Fair
Agreed. I also doubt Thor hit Hulk with all his might. It was made obvious Thor was holding back against Hulk.

Robtard
Doesn't work like that. Iron man runs on energy, the Lightning just powered him up. It's happened in comics as well.

That's not what it looked like. It looked like it was hurting him, and I still think Thor's lightning would be more powerful considering the damage it caused.

Anyway the point was to show who can output more power. Thor can also whirl Hulk up in a Tornado like he did the Destroyer.

The IM suit is still made of an alloy shell and it was somewhat damaged by the blast.

Hurt as in pain, likely by the way Hulk was grimacing. Harm as in damage, absolutely none was seen. Can't recall a single instance where Hulk showed damage in the film.

And by the Avengers film, Hulk can. What's the tornado going to do to the Hulk, so Thors sucks him up, then what? Thor can't harm the Hulk by this films showings.

Placidity
IMO Thor hasn't done anything new in the Avengers that gives him a better chance than when we were debating pre-avengers. I would say the continuous lightning blast would hold Hulk back but likely would not put him down.

Just as when we were discussing Pre-Avengers Thor, I believe he can KO Hulk if he deals a "lightning charged strike" to the head that shattered the ground in Frosty land.

Overall, Hulk takes the majority.

the ninjak
What's the tornado going to do to the Hulk, so Thors sucks him up, then what? Thor can't harm the Hulk by this films showings.

You reckon Thor can suck Hulk up 25,000 ft into the sky then drop him?
Effectively KOing Hulk into Banner state?

DARTH POWER

Hurt as in pain, likely by the way Hulk was grimacing. Harm as in damage, absolutely none was seen. Can't recall a single instance where Hulk showed damage in the film.

Likewise Hulk gave Thor all his best blows and all we saw was a bit of a nose bleed. And that without Mjolnir, without Flying all around Hulk and without any Weather manipulation powers.

So Thor has proven he can take everything Hulk has to offer. Whilst Hulk has yet to prove he can take the most powerful shots Thor has to offer.

And by the Avengers film, Hulk can. What's the tornado going to do to the Hulk, so Thors sucks him up, then what?

Well aside from tossing him around from as high up as he wants, he could suck all the air from Hulk's Lungs. This Hulk hasn't shown he can survive without air.

janus77
Hulk was overall far more powerful and far stronger. Zero chance of Thor winning this.

Newjak

Thor managed to give Hulk the exact same nose bleed he gave Thor in their melee fight. At least I'm pretty sure he did, you may want to double check on that one.

Hulk was bleeding and looking bruised after that barrage from the aliens.

NemeBro
The alien barrage injured and held Hulk in place.

Thor's lightning spray will do a lot more than that.

Robtard
Likewise Hulk gave Thor all his best blows and all we saw was a bit of a nose bleed. And that without Mjolnir, without Flying all around Hulk and without any Weather manipulation powers.

So Thor has proven he can take everything Hulk has to offer. Whilst Hulk has yet to prove he can take the most powerful shots Thor has to offer.

Well aside from tossing him around from as high up as he wants, he could suck all the air from Hulk's Lungs. This Hulk hasn't shown he can survive without air.

Thor hit Hulk square in the face with Mjolnir and it did no noticeable damage, just knocked him back; this was after Hulk punched Thor and made his nose bleed.

I don't see the lightning being more powerful than an outright blow from Mjolnir. So we have Thor bleeding and Hulk just getting pissed.

"Suck all the air from Hulk's lungs" is pure speculation.

Robtard
Originally posted by NemeBro
The alien barrage injured and held Hulk in place.

Thor's lightning spray will do a lot more than that.

It did no noticeable damage.

That's a guess.

NemeBro
It did no noticeable damage.B] I guess I could see why you would say that.

If you were too busy being skull****ed by a walrus to watch the scene.

Robtard
I guess I could see why you would say that.

If you were too busy being skull****ed by a walrus to watch the scene.

You're confusing possible discomfort and/or pain with damage.

Calm down. I paid attention to the scene, you apparently didn't, is it cos you took a walrus?

NemeBro
He was bleeding from the mouth.

Robtard

I'm going to download a crappy cam-version to verify.

ares834
Looked like a nosebleed.

Robtard
Looked like a nosebleed.

Thor bleed from his nose, not Hulk, he didn't bleed in this film.

Downloaded.

There was no blood, he simply covered up cos 20 or so ships where firing on him, then it cuts back to the helicarrier and we don't see the Hulk again until he rescues Stark from free-fall, his mouth is not bloody there either.

So it seem it was YOU who was "too busy being skull****ed by a walrus to watch the scene", pal.

ares834
It's when Stark is flying the nuke to the portal. We see Hulk crawl up from some rubble and there is green blood which I seem to recall coming from his nose. Unfortunately I can't find any video's with high enough quality to see it clearly now. Still, I doubt Thor can match the output of all those guns with lightning unless there is a skyscraper nearby. Hell, a hand held one put Ironman down for awhile and Hulk was taking multiple blast from dozens of the mounted variety which, IIRC, blew up cars and disintegrated people.

DARTH POWER
Thor hit Hulk square in the face with Mjolnir and it did no noticeable damage, just knocked him back; this was after Hulk punched Thor and made his nose bleed.

And since punches are all Hulk has to offer that proves Thor's has taken Hulk's full power head on with nothing but a slight nose bleed.

I don't see the lightning being more powerful than an outright blow from Mjolnir.

Based on what? You saw how all those lasers were hurting Hulk. You really think Thor's full on Lightning Blast won't make those lasers look like pellet guns??

Also the Mjolnir strike Thor gave Hulk was nothing compared to the full on Lightning amped hit he gave to Cap's shield.

Robtard
It's when Stark is flying the nuke to the portal. We see Hulk crawl up from some rubble and there is green blood which I seem to recall coming from his nose. Unfortunately I can't find any video's with high enough quality to see it clearly now. Still, I doubt Thor can match the output of all those guns with lightning unless there is a skyscraper nearby. Hell, a hand held one put Ironman down for awhile and Hulk was taking multiple blast from dozens of the mounted variety which, IIRC, blew up cars and disintegrated people.

I downloaded a crappy cam-version, I can check, but I don't recall that "rubble" scene.

the ninjak
I downloaded a crappy cam-version, I can check, but I don't recall that "rubble" scene.

It's when Hulk rises up after the barrage. I don't know if was bleeding or not.

Robtard
And since punches are all Hulk has to offer that proves Thor's has taken Hulk's full power head on with nothing but a slight nose bleed.

Based on what? You saw how all those lasers were hurting Hulk. You really think Thor's full on Lightning Blast won't make those lasers look like pellet guns??

Also the Mjolnir strike Thor gave Hulk was nothing compared to the full on Lightning amped hit he gave to Cap's shield.

Considering one punch from Hulk caused Thor a nose-bleed and one hammer-hit from Thor did nothing to Hullk, it's clearly in Hulk's favor who would win a slug-fest.

That the Hulk was never damaged in this film (unless Ares is right about his rubble scene), even then, a large barrage of energy only caused a nose bleed. Pain is different than damage. Getting hit with a BB-Gun causes some pain, it's not taking you down though, ever.

There's nothing in the films that suggest lightning is taking out this Hulk. Tony's armor-plating took it with little more than some light burning marks.

Rage.Of.Olympus

I don't see the lightning being more powerful than an outright blow from Mjolnir. So we have Thor bleeding and Hulk just getting pissed.

"Suck all the air from Hulk's lungs" is pure speculation.

Thor's lightning can significantly increase Mjolnir's damage out put (Frost Giant planet hammer smash, killing the Leviathan with Hulk and the blow that hit the shield). If a hammer blow could rock him, getting hit with that would definitely hurt.

A legit lightning barrage though obviously packs a much bigger punch. According to some the building top helped him store energy in a way amplifying the blast, but even without it he summoned a huge bolt of lightning. Not in Hulk's best interest to tank that. As we saw, sufficient fire power can overwhelm and hurt him.

Lestov16
Originally posted by the ninjak
It's when Hulk rises up after the barrage. I don't know if was bleeding or not.

embarrasment The scene you are talking about does not exist....

Robtard
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor's lightning can significantly increase Mjolnir's damage out put (Frost Giant planet hammer smash, killing the Leviathan with Hulk and the blow that hit the shield). If a hammer blow could rock him, getting hit with that would definitely hurt.

A legit lightning barrage though obviously packs a much bigger punch. According to some the building top helped him store energy in a way amplifying the blast, but even without it he summoned a huge bolt of lightning. Not in Hulk's best interest to tank that. As we saw, sufficient fire power can overwhelm and hurt him.

Again, I don't believe the Hulk was ever harmed in the film, the 20 or so ships firing on him might have caused him pain; not damage.

I'll be looking for this "nose bleeding from rubble" scene when I get home, it may or may not exist. I don't recall it personally,

While we have Thor bleeding from a punch and being damaged by Loki's dagger. Hulk >>>>> what Loki can do damage-wise.

the ninjak
Originally posted by Lestov16

yeah it happens. I'm a projectionist....I know these things.

DARTH POWER
Considering one punch from Hulk caused Thor a nose-bleed and one hammer-hit from Thor did nothing to Hullk, it's clearly in Hulk's favor who would win a slug-fest.

Saying Thor's hit did nothing is exaggerating. It knocked Hulk back, and clearly caused some pain.

Thor's first hit also sent Hulk through a wall, his punch also effected Hulk. Thor was able to block Hulk's first punch, and dodge/evade other hits of his.

The most damage Hulk inflicted on Thor was that nose bleed. That doesn't bear well for Hulk considering the way Hulk fought is all Hulk has to dish out. He punched, he raged, he ripped up planes and chucked things at Thor.

Whilst we all know Thor has A LOT more to offer in terms of Power Output.

Add that to the fact that Hulk had trouble even landing a full on hit on Thor, what would be his chances of Hitting Thor in an open space when Thor can fly?!

That the Hulk was never damaged in this film (unless Ares is right about his rubble scene), even then, a large barrage of energy only caused a nose bleed. Pain is different than damage. Getting hit with a BB-Gun causes some pain, it's not taking you down though, ever.

Actually pain is the body signalling that it is getting damaged.

And those lasers Hulk took with obvious pain were pale in comparison to Thor's full Lightning output. Not to mention his Hurricanes which can whirl Hulk all over the place and drop him from 50,000 feet in the air.

Add that to a full on Lightning blast during his fall, and I'm pretty sure that would be it for Hulk.

There's nothing in the films that suggest lightning is taking out this Hulk. Tony's armor-plating took it with little more than some light burning marks.

Because Tony's suit absorbed most the blast as an energy source to power it. He's done the same in comics. But he wouldn't be able to absorb the same Force if it came from a Physical blow. That becomes obvious when Thor is crushing IM's arms (despite the fact IM was powered up 4 times).

Robtard
Hurt as in pain? Sure, likely. Damage, none was seen. So if getting hit in the face with Mjolnir caused Hulk damage, it was minimal at best.

Yes, a BB would cause damage in the form of a tiny welt and why it hurts. It's not putting you down though. Hulk was never physically damaged from Thor's hits or the aliens, as far as we see.

Hulk fell from at least 30k feet in this film and wasn't even KO'd. Saying that a 50K foot fall would harm him is just a guess. As is the lightning strikes taking the Hulk out. While we know for a fact the Hulk can make Thor bleed with a single punch.

The energy still had to pass through the armor-plating and then into the various motors and whatnots of the suit that use energy directly. The plating wasn't damaged all that much by the lightning and we know Hulk's skin/body > Tony's armor-plating.

I'm actually surprised that with the damage we see Hulk surviving, people think lightning is bringing him down.

ares834
No it does. I just saw it on a bootleg.

Anyway, I'm in agreement with Rob. I don't see lightning putting Hulk down.

Lestov16
When? The last scene with Hulk before he saves Tony is the Alien Horde all firing on him.

Robtard
Yeah, my copy as I said last page is Hulk being barraged and then he's saving IM, no blood shown and no rubble scene in between.

Ares, can you take a screen-cap of it and post it? Seems there could be two versions out and that scene was cut from US (and other?) releases? That or people are insane.

ares834
Here is a quick pic a took.

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii296/Valoo834/Hulk.jpg

As I said the quality is shit so you can't see the blood, but I seem to recall seeing green blood coming from his nose.

lilshogun
no no no, Thor was careful not to let loose cus there would be some F5 Tornados ripping the states. Hulk has the brute force category but Thor is enough to give Green eyes a good physical fight without using his full Mystical bag of tricks. Originally posted by ares834

Zack Fair
Team wins.

Lestov16
I found the scene Ares. It occurs for a brief second while Tony is riding the nuke into the portal

Zack Fair
http://bestmoviesevernews.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/avengers-incredible-hulk-images-ggnoads.jpg

janus77
Is that it? all of that talk about something that wouldn't even strain a single sheet of kleenex??

Zack Fair
Just posting a HQ version. Now go tear each other apart....

xSLlZh9yelk

DARTH POWER
http://bestmoviesevernews.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/avengers-incredible-hulk-images-ggnoads.jpg

There's definitely blood there. So he can be damaged.

Newjak
Is that it? all of that talk about something that wouldn't even strain a single sheet of kleenex?? It's about the same damage as Hulk did to Thor stick out tongue

NemeBro
I think there is one very important detail people are missing when discussing Hulk vs. Thor.

Not only was the fight not even one-sided, but Thor was at less than full power.

Think back. Remember the scene after Thor's crash landing, where he raises Mjolnir to the sky, lightning pours down, and the rest of his trademark godly armour and shit fills in, covering him?

Remember Thor, when Odin rendered Thor mortal? Part of Thor's power was explicitly linked to his clothing, Odin had to undress Thor (lol) to depower him.

The Avengers win, there is serious debate that Thor could do this himself.

ares834
erm

Nephthys
I agree that Thor is Hulks equal if not superior.

ares834
Perhaps, but the clothes argument is reaching.

NemeBro
erm Does the truth pain you so much that you have to vulgarly contort your face?

Thor (The movie) made what I am saying clear. The godhood of Asgardians being tied to their armour is also seemingly visually referenced by Loki in Avengers, who goes all horned and shiny when serious, and undeniably done so by Thor when he raises Mjolnir and the rest of his armour grows in (Seriously, why else would that scene be there?).

Thor's Jotunheim feat in Thor and his lightning barrage feat in The Avengers (lol at the notion that Hulk would no-sell this, he had a bloody nose from that relatively weak alien barrage, and most notably, a wound on his chest during it) are the best feats in the Marvel movies (Short of Odin's offscreen Dark Energy manipulation).

ares834
Does the truth pain you so much that you have to vulgarly contort your face?

Harde har har.

Because it's bad ass and he want his armor? Hell, he didn't seem an less powerful when he didn't have his chain mail. Furthermore, Loki shows superhuman characteristics during his attack on SHIELD and yet he isn't wearing his "god" armor then. Also IIRC, he displays super strength when he takes that one guy's eyes and during that sequence his clothing is certainly non-asgardian.

As for in Thor, it never seems anything more than symbolic. If you wish to prove otherwise you'll need more than circumstantial proof.

NemeBro
Because it's bad ass and he want his armor? Hell, he didn't seem an less powerful when he didn't have his chain mail. Furthermore, Loki shows superhuman characteristics during his attack on SHIELD and yet he isn't wearing his "god" armor then. Also IIRC, he displays super strength when he takes that one guy's eyes and during that sequence his clothing is certainly non-asgardian.

As for in Thor, it never seems anything more than symbolic. If you wish to prove otherwise you'll need more than circumstantial proof. I never said that they relied totally on it silly willy.

Thor's best feats are done in full armour though.

Loki bested a bunch of humans, but... Well they're just normal humans.

I'd post a video, but can't find one. Of the Thor movie I mean.

Zack Fair
He is right about Odin removing Thor's armor. Once Odin takes one of the orbs/circle/whateverdafuqtheyare things in Thor's chest his armor disappears.

DARTH POWER
Thor amoring up did seem kind of magical. So it could be a full power mode.

But more proof would be required of 1. That he did power up when he summoned his full armor, and 2. How much of a power up are we talking here?

But then again if we're using the logic that's been used in this thread, like Hulk gets stronger when he gets madder because we saw his eyes glow..... then Thor magically armoring up is more than enough proof of a power up!

Zack Fair

But more proof would be required of 1. That he did power up when he summoned his full armor, and 2. How much of a power up are we talking here?

But then again if we're using the logic that's been used in this thread, like Hulk gets stronger when he gets madder because we saw his eyes glow..... then Thor magically armoring up is more than enough proof of a power up!

Agreed. It seems reasonable but we can't really say its a fact.

janus77

You presume that it is "powering up", yet no real difference could be detected in effect afterwards. It's much more likely that Thor was getting protection for his body (which is what armour does) as well as getting fully dressed for battle.

Unlike Hulk, who is defined by his "madder/stronger" dynamic and who has that dynamic express itself visually through such devices as his eyes glowing (initial transformation from Bruce always involves the eyes glowing) to imply a surge of power, Thor doesn't have any such relation to his costume. Instead he has explicit equipment that does amp him (belt of strength etc).

So no, I don't think I buy your equivalence here.

DARTH POWER
You presume that it is "powering up", yet no real difference could be detected in effect afterwards. It's much more likely that Thor was getting protection for his body (which is what armour does) as well as getting fully dressed for battle.

Read again I didn't presume anything. But it's not unreasonable to imply there's probably at least some advantage to him armoring up, that's why he did it. If nothing else he'll at least be capable of taking more punishment in full armor.

Unlike Hulk, who is defined by his "madder/stronger" dynamic and who has that dynamic express itself visually through such devices as his eyes glowing (initial transformation from Bruce always involves the eyes glowing) to imply a surge of power, Thor doesn't have any such relation to his costume. Instead he has explicit equipment that does amp him (belt of strength etc).

Hulk is defined by the madder/stronger dynamic in comics. The movie versions power set are very different. So glowing eyes may not mean anything more than Hulk is madder and more determined to fight.

It's not enough proof to say he gets stronger in the comics therefore he must in the movie as well. Especially with contradictory evidence with Hulk getting his ass kicked the whole rest of the fight and never once getting stronger.

Same goes for Thor. In comics like you mentioned there is belt of strength and special gauntlets and other clothing which increase his power.

But again this isn't the comics. The movie version may have just stuck to his full armor being Thor's full power mode. Maybe.

Edit- It may be Hulk does get stronger in the movies. But the proof presented so far is not proof at all.

janus77
Unless you have proof that the movie version does not conform to Hulk's core characteristics, you are simply making shit up.

It's Hulk, big, green, angry, smashes a lot, stronger than anyone else... Norton's Hulk even showed that he grew stronger in times of stress (when Betty was endangered, he overpowered Abomination, something he could not do at all earlier).

You are trying childish 'debating' tricks here, you cast doubt upon a core element of the make up of Hulk and at the same time wank stuff about it possibly being true that Thor amps from a costume change.

So you basically try and draw an equivalence between something that is essential to the very definition of one character , that has been shown in movie depictions and in all Marvel media depictions (cartoons, animations, comics...) and something that you think might be added to boost another character, which is neither depicted within comics nor hinted at within the movie we are discussing.

This is nothing but your bias struggling to justify the unjustifiable wanking that you are attempting to pass as objective assessment. With the end goal being to give Thor a boost and try and support the ridiculous idea that Thor somehow overall might be as powerful as Hulk.

Placidity
Actually, we have come across issues like this before, and unfortunately, however frustrating, I believe it was discussed all claims must have feats in the film and not based on other media.

I don't personally believe it should be a hard and fast rule, but either way, whether Hulk amps is vague IMO.

janus77
Originally posted by Placidity
Actually, we have come across issues like this before, and unfortunately, however frustrating, I believe it was discussed all claims must have feats in the film and not based on other media.

I don't personally believe it should be a hard and fast rule, but either way, whether Hulk amps is vague IMO.
It's not about whether Hulk amps or not but about whether he IS the Hulk that Marvel created or not. The Hulk of the comics translated to film.

I could be similarly obtuse and say that Thor can't use lightning in-doors because he gets the power from the clouds, that Mjolnir is only a mystical conductor of lightning from those clouds.

It isn't like Surfer whether they explicitly made stupid weaknesses so that the plot could move in the direction they wanted (separation from board = loss of power), this is a Marvel studio production that has avoided any glaring differences in characterisation.

DARTH POWER
Unless you have proof that the movie version does not conform to Hulk's core characteristics, you are simply making shit up.

It's Hulk, big, green, angry, smashes a lot, stronger than anyone else... Norton's Hulk even showed that he grew stronger in times of stress (when Betty was endangered, he overpowered Abomination, something he could not do at all earlier).

You are trying childish 'debating' tricks here, you cast doubt upon a core element of the make up of Hulk and at the same time wank stuff about it possibly being true that Thor amps from a costume change.

So you basically try and draw an equivalence between something that is essential to the very definition of one character , that has been shown in movie depictions and in all Marvel media depictions (cartoons, animations, comics...) and something that you think might be added to boost another character, which is neither depicted within comics nor hinted at within the movie we are discussing.

This is nothing but your bias struggling to justify the unjustifiable wanking that you are attempting to pass as objective assessment. With the end goal being to give Thor a boost and try and support the ridiculous idea that Thor somehow overall might be as powerful as Hulk.

A lot of big words with nothing to back it up but Hulk Wankery.

I already said it's possible, but from what They've shown so far there is no proof of it whatsoever. In fact evidence to the contrary exists since for 99% of the fight Abom was beating Hulk senseless and Hulk clearly only got weaker, not stronger.

Thor armoring up is actually a lot more clear, and would obviously give some advantage.

It's not about whether Hulk amps or not but about whether he IS the Hulk that Marvel created or not. The Hulk of the comics translated to film.

You mean the Hulk from the comics who can leap into orbit?! Or one shot an asteroid twice the size of Earth? Was that in any way shape or form translated on screen?

Nope.

Thanks for playing.

janus77
A lot of big words with nothing to back it up but Hulk Wankery.

I already said it's possible, but from what They've shown so far there is no proof of it whatsoever. In fact evidence to the contrary exists since for 99% of the fight Abom was beating Hulk senseless and Hulk clearly only got weaker, not stronger.

Thor armoring up is actually a lot more clear, and would obviously give some advantage.

You mean the Hulk from the comics who can leap into orbit?! Or one shot an asteroid twice the size of Earth? Was that in any way shape or form translated on screen?

Nope.

Thanks for playing.
How surprising that you produce an utterly facetious reply. Power levels in comics and power-levels in films not tallying is both a straw-man argument (being irrelevant to the matter at hand) and a further demonstration of your disingenuous agenda here.

Hulk amps due to stress/anger, it is an essential element of the character, to deny or cast doubt upon the presence of that dynamic requires evidence, since Marvel are pretty clear that this is The Hulk and since he retains every other outward element of his character. Further to deny that he amps when Marvel give you visual cues - eyes glowing and a sudden increase in strength sufficient to prise free of a superior opponent - is to be wilfully obtuse and ... disingenuous.

So, it comes as no surprise that you still cling to the delusional idea that a previously never seen in comics, non-existent power-amping chain-mail suit is a possibility for Thor of equal likelihood to a core character trait of madder/stronger for Hulk.

You have neither evidence to support your delusion, whether it be within this film or within the broader Marvel portrayal of the character yet you think it of similar likelihood to the on-screen visually indicated strength-amping that Hulk is known for and has always been known for.

In that case, Hulk is just as likely to have gained the power of flight from those pants he received from the old man as Thor is to have been weakened by the weight of the chain-mail armour he had to wear in order to protect himself in battle.

What? you say Hulk never flew? He was flying all the time, his leaps were just uncoordinated efforts at flight, he'll get that under control soon.

Lestov16
Based on what the alien barrage did to Hulk, how would he fair against Thor's Jotunheim blast?

Zack Fair
To be honest the alien laser barrage did halt Hulk. He did not "no sell it" at all.

DARTH POWER
How surprising that you produce an utterly facetious reply. Power levels in comics and power-levels in films not tallying is both a straw-man argument (being irrelevant to the matter at hand) and a further demonstration of your disingenuous agenda here.

Hulk amps due to stress/anger, it is an essential element of the character, to deny or cast doubt upon the presence of that dynamic requires evidence, since Marvel are pretty clear that this is The Hulk and since he retains every other outward element of his character. Further to deny that he amps when Marvel give you visual cues - eyes glowing and a sudden increase in strength sufficient to prise free of a superior opponent - is to be wilfully obtuse and ... disingenuous.

So, it comes as no surprise that you still cling to the delusional idea that a previously never seen in comics, non-existent power-amping chain-mail suit is a possibility for Thor of equal likelihood to a core character trait of madder/stronger for Hulk.

You have neither evidence to support your delusion, whether it be within this film or within the broader Marvel portrayal of the character yet you think it of similar likelihood to the on-screen visually indicated strength-amping that Hulk is known for and has always been known for.

In that case, Hulk is just as likely to have gained the power of flight from those pants he received from the old man as Thor is to have been weakened by the weight of the chain-mail armour he had to wear in order to protect himself in battle.

What? you say Hulk never flew? He was flying all the time, his leaps were just uncoordinated efforts at flight, he'll get that under control soon.

Most of your post is not even worth replying to.

But if you insist on characters having every one of their core foundational powers from the comics without any proof of the movie version having the specific core ability in question, then fine this is easy...

Thor has a Godblast which disintegrates Hulk.

As for your continuing baseless claims, Movie versions often have abilities not shown in the comics. Sometimes they lack core abilities their comic counterparts have.

Spiderman required no web shooters to fire webbing in his movie.

Storm did not have the ability to fly in the first 2 X-Men movies, despite that being a core ability of hers in the comics.

Captain America's shield has no adamantium. He has healing powers never mentioned in the comics as far as I remember.

The list goes on.

So for you to assume Hulk gets stronger as the fight goes on, when he was clearly getting weaker for 99% of his fight with Abom is based on nothing factual, but just your fan boy wishes.

To also deny that Thor's armor (which was specifically shown to transform on him magically through his lightning) does absolutely nothing to help him, is also a pretty biased assumption.

Even if it's just regular armor (doubtful) it would at the very least increase his durability.

Lestov16
To be honest the alien laser barrage did halt Hulk. He did not "no sell it" at all.

Exactly. If the barrage halted Hulk that much, then what would a blast from Thor like the one he used against Jotunheim do to him?

DARTH POWER
Exactly. If the barrage halted Hulk that much, then what would a blast from Thor like the one he used against Jotunheim do to him?

Apart from just halting him, it left him visibly damaged (nose bleed) and buried for a while under rubble.

Zack Fair
I don't really care about the silly nosebleed. What does matter to me is how the laser barrage put a stop to Hulk's rampage.

DARTH POWER
I don't really care about the silly nosebleed. What does matter to me is how the laser barrage put a stop to Hulk's rampage.

Yes I would think that as better evidence as well. But trust me without the nose bleed the whole Hulk camp were going to try and claim he was completely indestructible to damage! In fact they were doing just that until Ares posted the nose bleed pic.

As for your continuing baseless claims, Movie versions often have abilities not shown in the comics. Sometimes they lack core abilities their comic counterparts have.

Storm did not have the ability to fly in the first 2 X-Men movies, despite that being a core ability of hers in the comics.

Captain America's shield has no adamantium. He has healing powers never mentioned in the comics as far as I remember.

Just remembered another important one. Magneto in the movies has no magnetic shields.

That's a pretty core ability of his in the comics!

Heck he even lacked the majority of his core energy manipulation abilities!

NemeBro
With the end goal being to give Thor a boost and try and support the ridiculous idea that Thor somehow overall might be as powerful as Hulk. Thor isn't overall as powerful as Hulk. He's more powerful.

Hulk is physically stronger, but Thor's raw, demonstrated power output blows Hulk out of the water.

janus77
Most of your post is not even worth replying to.

But if you insist on characters having every one of their core foundational powers from the comics without any proof of the movie version having the specific core ability in question, then fine this is easy...

Thor has a Godblast which disintegrates Hulk.
As I noted, you are disingenuous but still, you are also bad at this business of spinning bs.
1) Hulk's amping was visually indicated in his battle with Abomination; and
2) Even if we accept that the GB is a "core" aspect of Thor (it having nothing like as many instances of use or even acknowledgement as Hulk's madder/stronger) there's nothing about its effectiveness that you can demonstrate (and we know that comic power-levels do not translate to film) so you're just arguing disingenuously (yet again).

So yes, Hulk simply tanks the "GB" as easily as he walked through the alien lasers and then he snaps Thor's neck smile

The list goes on.

So for you to assume Hulk gets stronger as the fight goes on, when he was clearly getting weaker for 99% of his fight with Abom is based on nothing factual, but just your fan boy wishes.

To also deny that Thor's armor (which was specifically shown to transform on him magically through his lightning) does absolutely nothing to help him, is also a pretty biased assumption.

Even if it's just regular armor (doubtful) it would at the very least increase his durability.
Now you're really losing it here, simply throwing out lies to bulk up your post?

Thor's armour does NOTHING TO AMP HIM, that's what I said, it doesn't increase his power, no basis to assert such an amp. No evidence whatsoever. period.

You are squirming and trying to get out of what you were saying, you were suggesting that it made him stronger, not that it made him more durable (which is what I said is the obvious result of said armouring up).

Hulk was "getting weaker 99% of his fight" with Abomination?
1) How on earth do you even judge "99% of his fight"; and
2) How do you know he was getting weaker, what base level do you use?

Your "point" isn't at all coherent, were you just rewinding through the battle? because that's the only way you could explain him being overpowered for most of the fight and then eventually out-muscling Abomination as "growing weaker".

Your lies are now just plain. As such, there's nothing to do but dismiss your 'contributions' for the biased and dishonest crap that they are.

DARTH POWER

Now you're really losing it here, simply throwing out lies to bulk up your post?

Thor's armour does NOTHING TO AMP HIM, that's what I said, it doesn't increase his power, no basis to assert such an amp. No evidence whatsoever. period.

First you don't know that. The way they presented the scene certainly suggested that it MIGHT be his full power mode. Which is all I was saying.

It's certainly more logical than: "Oh right at the end of the Abom vs Hulk fight when Betty was in danger Hulk fought with more determination and pulled Abom's arm off him, which obviously means he got stronger."

Which also obviousLy mean Spider man gets stronger as he gets madder. Because the Green Goblin was kicking his ass in S1 until he threatened MJ, then Pete kicked his ass!

So clearly Both Hulk and Spider man getting Stronger the madder they get. Their fight scenes obviously proved it, since they fought better every time their loved ones were in danger! Woop! Go Spidey!

You are squirming and trying to get out of what you were saying, you were suggesting that it made him stronger, not that it made him more durable (which is what I said is the obvious result of said armouring up).

I'm saying just basic common sense would tell anyone that Fully armored Thor would at the very least be more durable.

The fact that he magically armored up through his Lightning in the same fashion that healed all his wounds in the first movie, suggests there MAY be more to his full armor mode.

Hulk was "getting weaker 99% of his fight" with Abomination?
1) How on earth do you even judge "99% of his fight"; and
2) How do you know he was getting weaker, what base level do you use?

Clearly you completely missed the part where Abom knocked him around senseless, and Hulk was looking dizzy and having trouble standing. Does that sound like he was getting stronger or weaker to you?

Your "point" isn't at all coherent, were you just rewinding through the battle? because that's the only way you could explain him being overpowered for most of the fight and then eventually out-muscling Abomination as "growing weaker".

Your lies are now just plain. As such, there's nothing to do but dismiss your 'contributions' for the biased and dishonest crap that they are.

Blah Blah I'm a Hulk fan boy and I will make shit up like the weak Norton version of the Hulk gets stronger as the fight goes on, even though this was never mentioned or suggested in the movie.

I will cling to baseless speculation like:

"Because Hulk saw Betty and pulled Abom off him" and pretend that's clear evidence Hulk gets stronger as the fight goes on. Even though Spider man and every hero does this at some point, I don't care, it's Hulk, and I love Hulk.. Hulk Smash! Hulk only get stronger!

I will show you clear proof from the Avengers movie that Hulk is clearly much more powerful than Thor NO CONTEST AT ALL!

How do I know this?! Because Hulk Smashed! He gave Thor a Bloody Nose! No one stronger than Hulk!

I know Thor didn't want to fight Hulk, dodged most his punches, and was only trying to restrain him. I know Thor didn't unleash any of his exotic powers on Hulk, but that doesn't matter! Hulk smashed, gave Thor a bloody nose!

And Hulk smashed the Levithian ship in one punch!! One punch! Hulk is the most powerful, it's sooooo damn obvious.

I know Thor also one shot those ships with his Lightning, but he was standing on a building! So obviously the building did most of that. That's so obvious!

And Hulk tanked all those laser blasts! I know they didn't look as powerful as Thor's Jhotenheim Landscape destroying Blast, and I know they stopped Hulk's rampage, and buried him in rubble, but it doesn't matter because he's Hulk, and he smashed and can take anything Thor can throw at him!

It's so obvious how much more powerful he is is than Thor! So what if he probably couldn't even hit Thor when he's flying all over the place in an open area! Hulk will Thunderclap and Thor will fall to the floor.

So what if Thor could whip him up in a tornado like he did the Destroyer! Hulk will Thunderclap TWICE and the Tornado will disappear!

Do you people not all see How Powerful Hulk is now! And how hopelessly outmatched Thor is! Isn't it just sooooo Damn Obvious!!!

HULK SMASH!

Zack Fair
First you don't know that. The way they presented the scene certainly suggested that it MIGHT be his full power mode. Which is all I was saying.

It's certainly more logical than: "Oh right at the end of the Abom vs Hulk fight when Betty was in danger Hulk fought with more determination and pulled Abom's arm off him, which obviously means he got stronger."

Which also obviousLy mean Spider man gets stronger as he gets madder. Because the Green Goblin was kicking his ass in S1 until he threatened MJ, then Pete kicked his ass!

So clearly Both Hulk and Spider man getting Stronger the madder they get. Their fight scenes obviously proved it, since they fought better every time their loved ones were in danger! Woop! Go Spidey!

I'm saying just basic common sense would tell anyone that Fully armored Thor would at the very least be more durable.

The fact that he magically armored up through his Lightning in the same fashion that healed all his wounds in the first movie, suggests there MAY be more to his full armor mode.

Clearly you completely missed the part where Abom knocked him around senseless, and Hulk was looking dizzy and having trouble standing. Does that sound like he was getting stronger or weaker to you?

Blah Blah I'm a Hulk fan boy and I will make shit up like the weak Norton version of the Hulk gets stronger as the fight goes on, even though this was never mentioned or suggested in the movie.

I will cling to baseless speculation like:

"Because Hulk saw Betty and pulled Abom off him" and pretend that's clear evidence Hulk gets stronger as the fight goes on. Even though Spider man and every hero does this at some point, I don't care, it's Hulk, and I love Hulk.. Hulk Smash! Hulk only get stronger!

I will show you clear proof from the Avengers movie that Hulk is clearly much more powerful than Thor NO CONTEST AT ALL!

How do I know this?! Because Hulk Smashed! He gave Thor a Bloody Nose! No one stronger than Hulk!

I know Thor didn't want to fight Hulk, dodged most his punches, and was only trying to restrain him. I know Thor didn't unleash any of his exotic powers on Hulk, but that doesn't matter! Hulk smashed, gave Thor a bloody nose!

And Hulk smashed the Levithian ship in one punch!! One punch! Hulk is the most powerful, it's sooooo damn obvious.

I know Thor also one shot those ships with his Lightning, but he was standing on a building! So obviously the building did most of that. That's so obvious!

And Hulk tanked all those laser blasts! I know they didn't look as powerful as Thor's Jhotenheim Landscape destroying Blast, and I know they stopped Hulk's rampage, and buried him in rubble, but it doesn't matter because he's Hulk, and he smashed and can take anything Thor can throw at him!

It's so obvious how much more powerful he is is than Thor! So what if he probably couldn't even hit Thor when he's flying all over the place in an open area! Hulk will Thunderclap and Thor will fall to the floor.

So what if Thor could whip him up in a tornado like he did the Destroyer! Hulk will Thunderclap TWICE and the Tornado will disappear!

Do you people not all see How Powerful Hulk is now! And how hopelessly outmatched Thor is! Isn't it just sooooo Damn Obvious!!!

HULK SMASH!

http://airstre.am/dopamine72/Nicolas%20Cage%20Laugh.gif

Robtard
What's the point of arguing if Thor's armor makes him more powerful or not? He's as powerful at his max as seen here.

IMO, I don't think that Armor = More Power; I don't see where these conclusions come from either, if anything the armor is what gives Thor his power(Thor), though I personally don't believe that much either.

Of note, he was most harmed while in full gear.

Lestov16
The main thing I think should be addressed here is if Hulk can tank Thor's Jotunheim blast

Robtard
I doubt it, Hulk survived a 30k foot free fall, alien barrage and took a hit from Mjolnir to the face, can't see that shock-wave wiping him out.

dadudemon
I doubt it, Hulk survived a 30k foot free fall,

You sure?

I thought it was closer to 18,000 feet.

Also, you can just as easily say he survived a 2000 foot fall and it means the same as far as forces go: terminal velocity.

Robtard
Originally posted by dadudemon
You sure?

I thought it was closer to 18,000 feet.

Also, you can just as easily say he survived a 2000 foot fall and it means the same as far as forces go: terminal velocity.

Fury said "30k foot fall", iirc.

/edge

NemeBro
The Jotunheim smash is much more powerful than anything Hulk tanked, as is Thor's multi-Leviathan one-shot lightning spray.

Also, lol at the notion that Hulk will walk through all of Thor's attacks and just snap his neck. We saw them fight. It wasn't nearly that one-sided. Janus is buttmad.

Lestov16
Not to mention that Thor speedblitzed him when he rescued Black Widow from him

DARTH POWER
What's the point of arguing if Thor's armor makes him more powerful or not? He's as powerful at his max as seen here.

Wasn't really arguing that. Just an observation, that could be his full power mode. I never said it was a fact, and even said myself proof would be required.

But I doubt anyone would argue that it should make him more durable at least.

I doubt it, Hulk survived a 30k foot free fall,

Thor basically survived the Same fall. He escaped the prison last second and just went flying to the floor anyway.

Robtard
Wasn't really arguing that. Just an observation, that could be his full power mode. I never said it was a fact, and even said myself proof would be required.

But I doubt anyone would argue that it should make him more durable at least.

Thor basically survived the Same fall. He escaped the prison last second and just went flying to the floor anyway.

Adding protection is the point of armor, so that's the most likely. But as noted, he was most harmed while in full gear.

Pretty sure he flew out of the cage of his own power and then did a mild(by comparison) crash into the grassy field near by. That wouldn't be the same as a free-fall and crash.

jinXed by JaNx
Thunder dick will drop, Hulk

Silent Master
There's definitely blood there. So he can be damaged.

It's also a good bit more blood than what we saw when Thor got a bloody nose. So it's safe to say that the attack did more damage to the Hulk than Hulk's attack did to Thor.

FrothByte
There was barely any blood on Thor's nose anyway. Just a few specks of red.

As for Hulk trashing Loki, Loki wasn't even trying to fight back. He was taken by surprise. Had Loki been ready to fight the fight would have lasted longer and Loki would probably have been able to escape as well.

Hulk was also knocked out by his fall from the hellicarrier far longer than Thor was knocked out by his fall.

Robtard
Originally posted by FrothByte

Hulk was also knocked out by his fall from the hellicarrier far longer than Thor was knocked out by his fall.

Thor didn't crash into the ground from a free-fall like the Hulk, he managed to break out and fly at the last second. If he could have tanked the fall like the Hulk, he would have probably been smiling the whole way down and not panicking like a *****.

Zack Fair
Thor didn't crash into the ground from a free-fall like the Hulk, he managed to break out and fly at the last second. If he could have tanked the fall like the Hulk, he would have probably been smiling the whole way down and not panicking like a *****. LoL What? Eventhough they fell from the same height their situations were different.

Robtard
LoL What? Eventhough they fell from the same height their situations were different.

Yes, what I said.

DARTH POWER
Thor didn't crash into the ground from a free-fall like the Hulk, he managed to break out and fly at the last second. If he could have tanked the fall like the Hulk, he would have probably been smiling the whole way down and not panicking like a *****.

Notice how Thor didn't actually land. He crashed to the ground.

The only thing escaping the prison did was stop the cage crashing down on him.

Newjak
Thor didn't crash into the ground from a free-fall like the Hulk, he managed to break out and fly at the last second. If he could have tanked the fall like the Hulk, he would have probably been smiling the whole way down and not panicking like a *****. There's actually nothing indicating he flew out of it. He simply used his leg power to push him self out of it. If he had decided to fly out he wouldn't have needed to brace himself against the cage's walls.

Also if he was flying at his max speed to get out, which we've seen in Thor's film that the Hammer can break the sound barrier, I would say he hit with more force than what Hulk would have.

Also I don't believe the armor powers him up. I believe it was just Thor visibly showing he was taking the kid gloves off.

Also I'm willing to bet a Thor lightning barrage/Lightning Hammer strike is greater than Alien laser barrage based on demonstrated feats.

Robtard

Notice how Thor flew outward first and then crash landed.

Nope. His flying negated any momentum the fall gave him.

Originally posted by Newjak
There's actually nothing indicating he flew out of it. He simply used his leg power to push him self out of it. If he had decided to fly out he wouldn't have needed to brace himself against the cage's walls.

Also if he was flying at his max speed to get out, which we've seen in Thor's film that the Hammer can break the sound barrier, I would say he hit with more force than what Hulk would have.

Also I don't believe the armor powers him up. I believe it was just Thor visibly showing he was taking the kid gloves off.

Also I'm willing to bet a Thor lightning barrage/Lightning Hammer strike is greater than Alien laser barrage based on demonstrated feats.

Except for him flying threw the glass and flying out sloppily.

Silent Master

Hulk fanboys don't want to admit that Thor tanked the landing better than the Hulk did, because you'll notice that Thor's fall happened on good bit after the Hulk's and yet Thor was shown as up and moving before Banner...in fact, Banner woke up still in the crater, to me that indicates that the Hulk was ko'd in the fall.

Robtard
LoL, some people didn't pay attention. Thor flew out.

Silent Master
You'll note that Thor tanked the impact far better than the Hulk did.

Newjak
LoL, some people didn't pay attention. Thor flew out. Even if he did that means he flew out with enough force to break a containment unit designed to keep the Hulk at bay long enough to drop him.

So obviously if he flew out than he traded one extreme force, dropping thousands of feet, for another, flying into the ground.

If he did in fact fly out.

Robtard
Originally posted by Silent Master
You'll note that Thor tanked the impact far better than the Hulk did.

You'll note that Thor's crash landing was somewhat controlled as he flew out and left a long groove on the ground indicating that he didn't just smack straight down. Apples to oranges comparison.

He flew out (which negates the momentum from the fall) and then crash-landed from his own power, likely cos he spent a good minute being bounced around in a box.

People have been going balls-deep over Thor since his film, it's funny to watch.

Robtard
Even if he did that means he flew out with enough force to break a containment unit designed to keep the Hulk at bay long enough to drop him.

So obviously if he flew out than he traded one extreme force, dropping thousands of feet, for another, flying into the ground.

If he did in fact fly out.

Yes, Thor's hits are incredibly strong, especially with Mjolnir. No one denies this.

Apples to oranges.

He did. Guess I've have to download a crappy cam-copy again and post pics. This isn't the first time Thor-boys have done this.

Newjak
Yes, Thor's incredibly strong. No one denies this.

Apples to oranges.

He did. Guess I've have to download a crappy Cam-copy and post pics. This isn't the first time Thor-boys have done this. How is it Apples to Oranges.

Thor's flight speed can break the sound barrier he left a large divet in the ground.

He obviously hit it with extreme force.

You could through Math decide how much force it would have taken for Thor to cause that much damage and compare it with the force of someone falling from the sky and hitting the ground like Hulk did.

But one thing is for certain Thor hit the ground with a ton of force. And to use it to somehow make Thor seem less than Hulk is kind of lame imo.

Once again that's if he flew.

I've seen the movie 4 times I know the sequence. He pushes of the side of the Cage.

You could make the argument he flew I don't deny that but he could have just easily been pushing himself out using his massive leg strength.

Silent Master
Fact 1) Thor's fall started well after the Hulk's
Fact 2) Thor was shown moving around before the Hulk
Fact 3) You have no way of proving that Thor hit the ground at a noticeably different velocity than the Hulk

Robtard
How is it Apples to Oranges.

Thor's flight speed can break the sound barrier he left a large divet in the ground.

He obviously hit it with extreme force.

You could through Math decide how much force it would have taken for Thor to cause that much damage and compare it with the force of someone falling from the sky and hitting the ground like Hulk did.

But one thing is for certain Thor hit the ground with a ton of force. And to use it to somehow make Thor seem less than Hulk is kind of lame imo.

Once again that's if he flew.

I've seen the movie 4 times I know the sequence. He pushes of the side of the Cage.

You could make the argument he flew I don't deny that but he could have just easily been pushing himself out using his massive leg strength.

You see him fly up and out, so unless Thor then sped up to terminal velocity from his own power and crashed into the ground, it's an apples to oranges comparison.

lilshogun
Thor is pretty much in Hulk's range in strength and durability, but when it comes to the Asgardian tools such as his mystical hammer. The advantage is that.

Robtard
Originally posted by Silent Master
Fact 1) Thor's fall started well after the Hulk's
Fact 2) Thor was shown moving around before the Hulk
Fact 3) You have no way of proving that Thor hit the ground at a noticeably different velocity than the Hulk

So? We're talking terminal velocity.

Cos he didn't smack straight into the ground at terminal speeds.

Except for the fact where we see Thor fly up and out.

Thorboys are the best.

Silent Master
At no point in that scene do we see Thor fly up, stop lying.

Newjak
You see him fly up and out, so unless Thor then sped up to terminal velocity from his own power and crashed into the ground, it's an apples to oranges comparison. Correction you see him press his feet against the the side of the cage in a squatting position than he pushed off.

Admittedly he could have flown past that point, or admittedly his leg strength was enough to push him up and out of the Cage. Also I don't remember Thor going up, only straight out.

How is it apples to oranges exactly?

Both of them had to hit with a certain amount of force. You could, if you wanted to spend the ridiculousness amount of work involved, in all likely hood come up with numbers to show how hard the Hulk hit the ground and how much force Thor would have hit the ground with.

You can than compare those numbers just fine.

But we can tell that surviving either fall was definitely a task and a good feat for either one. I would say if you can survive one you can survive the other.

Robtard
Correction you see him press his feet against the the side of the cage in a squatting position than he pushed off.

admittedly he could have flown past that point, or admittedly his leg strength was enough to push him up and out of the Cage.

Both of them had to hit with a certain amount of force. You could, if you wanted to spend the ridiculousness amount of work involved, in all likely hood come up with numbers to show how hard the Hulk hit the ground and how much force Thor would have hit the ground with.

But we can tell that surviving either fall was definitely a task and a good feat for either one. I would say if you can survive one you can survive the other.

That was to stop himself from bouncing around, so he then could fly.

Because once he was moving upward/outward by his own flying power, the momentum from his fall is negated. While Hulk just fell, as he can't fly.

I'll DL a cam-copy and post pics. If I happen to be wrong, so be it.

Silent Master
Again, at no point was he shown moving/flying up, stop lying.

lilshogun
One thing for sure both of them can cause their opponents to fly off with their blows. Let's just agree that both of them are in the same league strengthwise, with little room for any other heavy hitter. It could go either way, but only each could hang in a fight with the other and no one else.

I just hope they up the strength feats for both when Thanos is there, because the way I see it, it will be these two who will tag team Thanos if it goes down to a melee.

Correction you see him press his feet against the the side of the cage in a squatting position than he pushed off.

Admittedly he could have flown past that point, or admittedly his leg strength was enough to push him up and out of the Cage. Also I don't remember Thor going up, only straight out.

You can than compare those numbers just fine.

Newjak
That was to stop himself from bouncing around, so he then could fly.

Because once he was moving upward/outward by his own flying power, the momentum from his fall is negated. While Hulk just fell, as he can't fly.

I'll DL a cam-copy and post pics. If I happen to be wrong, so be it. Why does he have to stop himself from bouncing around to fly, could he not just fly?

We clearly see him push off as well. Like I said after that he could have flown or he could have just pushed himself but regardless he still hit the ground with tremendous force.

I understand you're saying his fall was negated, but what I'm saying is he still had to have hit the ground with a certain amount of force to cause the giant crater he made.

You could calculate the amount of force it would have taken Thor to do that, and you can calculate the force Hulk would have hit the ground with and than compare them.

So it's not apples to oranges because you are still calculating the force they hit with and comparing that.

Robtard
Why does he have to stop himself from bouncing around to fly, could he not just fly?

We clearly see him push off as well. Like I said after that he could have flown or he could have just pushed himself but regardless he still hit the ground with tremendous force.

I understand you're saying his fall was negated, but what I'm saying is he still had to have hit the ground with a certain amount of force to cause the giant crater he made.

You could calculate the amount of force it would have taken Thor to do that, and you can calculate the force Hulk would have hit the ground with and than compare them.

So it's not apples to oranges because you are still calculating the force they hit with and comparing that.

That part didn't make much sense, unless he has to be in a prone position before he can use Mjolnir to fly.

Yes, he left a long groove in the ground. I'm not arguing that he landed softly on plush pillows.

I'm saying one would have been a terminal speeds, the other not.

Again, I'll post pics after I DL a copy.

the ninjak
Never seen this one before!

Avengers win.

Thor creates a hurricane over Hulk whilst Hulk cops a Helicarrier arrow to the head from Hawkeye.

Whilst Hulk is hovering in the sky rattled.

Ironman cuts Hulks head off with a heavy laser clip. He showed he had multiple uses of the laser in Avengers compared to his "one off" feat in Ironman 2.

Hulk gets cut into multiple pieces. And those pieces get stomped by Thor's lightning ground stomp strike.

SHIELD scoops the pieces together and put em in a rocket and launches them into space.

FrothByte
That part didn't make much sense, unless he has to be in a prone position before he can use Mjolnir to fly.

Yes, he left a long groove in the ground. I'm not arguing that he landed softly on plush pillows.

I'm saying one would have been a terminal speeds, the other not.

Again, I'll post pics after I DL a copy.

You do know that acceleration due to gravity is constant right? Which means that Hulk and Thor and his cage were all falling at more or less the same velocity BEFORE Thor busted out of his cage.

When he did finally bust out of his cage, Thor flew out at an angle slanting downwards, which means that he even increased his terminal velocity. The only way that Thor could have lessened his velocity is if he flew slightly UPWARDS... which you do NOT see him do. He flies out at a downward angle, which means he hit the ground even faster than hulk did.

Robtard
You do know that acceleration due to gravity is constant right? Which means that Hulk and Thor and his cage were all falling at more or less the same velocity BEFORE Thor busted out of his cage.

When he did finally bust out of his cage, Thor flew out at an angle slanting downwards, which means that he even increased his terminal velocity. The only way that Thor could have lessened his velocity is if he flew slightly UPWARDS... which you do NOT see him do. He flies out at a downward angle, which means he hit the ground even faster than hulk did.

Yes; what I've been saying THIS WHOLE TIME, Thor wasn't terminal once he flew up/outward, ie his flight negated the momentum he gained during the free fall.

Will check later and post pics, I recall him flying up/outward.

the ninjak
Even so that cage was falling from a great height increasing in speed as it fell.

Even if Thor launched himself upwards out of that cage its a huge feat of durability. He still went downwards into the earth.

Though Mjolnir would've arguably simply launched him upward without impedment. Which would've eliminated any downward force/

Silent Master
Yes; what I've been saying THIS WHOLE TIME, Thor wasn't terminal once he flew up/outward, ie his flight negated the momentum he gained during the free fall.

Thor didn't fly up.

lilshogun
LOL!!!!! Thor has art thou power to KO Hulk. Thor could incapacitate him in so many different ways that is not even funny. What's more, Thor could stay longer in a fight than the Hulk. As strong as Hulk is, he cannot carry a solo movie at the box office. Originally posted by janus77

The rest of The Avengers cannot contain or contend with Hulk. That was the whole point of Loki trying to get Hulk on-board the Helicarrier, so that he could engineer a way of destroying them from within.

Thor definitely does not have the power to KO Hulk, nothing like enough power. Practically half the invading alien armada focussed in on Hulk and fired off an extended - concentrated - volley at him. All it did was piss him off. Thor was barely effective after a blade to the gut, from Loki...

Hulk >>> Loki/Thor/puny gods.

FrothByte

I actually just rewatched and checked it now. He didn't fly upward or at an angle upward. He flew out at an angle downward.

Robtard
I actually just checked right now. He didn't fly upward or at an angle upward. He flew out at an angle downward.

Screen shots?

Silent Master
I actually just checked right now. He didn't fly upward or at an angle upward. He flew out at an angle downward.

Robtard was doing a handstand when he watched the scene, so to him it looked like Thor was flying upward.

the ninjak
If he flew downward then that's better for Thor!

FrothByte
Screen shots?

I don't have high quality pics as I just downloaded a cam version of the movie, but here you can clearly see Thor's angle of flight is slanting downwards. I'd also like to note that Thor actually fell from a higher height than Hulk since Hulk traveled his first few hundred meters riding on that falling jet fighter which had a more controlled descent than Thor's uncontrolled plummet.

lilshogun
That's what you called durability.

Robtard
I found a higher(?) rez Italian copy. I was wrong about Thor going upward, there's a scene right before he smashes out that shows him flying upward, but in relation to the inside of the box only. That's what I remembered most clearly.

He does clearly fly outward from his own flying momentum, then slants downward, crashes, transfers his energy upward and then outward.

This would be an apples to oranges comparison to the Hulk's fall which would have been straight down (unless he has some means to control himself during free fall). It's like comparing a plane the crashes straight down nose first and one that comes in at an angle and crashes on it's underside. Both deadly, but one is far more destructive.

http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/6363/54004205.png
link

I generously accept all your concessions.

Mindset
Rob, what's your stance on this fight?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>