Dante vs Relius Clover

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stingerrain
Well we all know now that Hazama stomps Dante hard, but how would Dante fair against Blazblue's OTHER antagonist; Relius Clover?

Dante has all his abilities from DMC3, his only weapons are Rebellion and Ebony and Ivory.

Standard version of Relius.

No prep.

Full knowledge for both.

Winner by Death.

Fight takes place at The Adventus Altar.

They start out 50 feet away from each other.

Go.

danteiscool
okay, I don't really know much about Blazblue, but I'm pretty damn sure that Relius is around Hazama's level if not just a bit higher if I recall what I've read correctly. I'd understand if this were DMC4 Dante; he'd put up a much better fight. but DMC3? I'm going to have to say Dante loses this fight.

chuck inglish
Dante's speed with quicksilver is Mach 12,000. So I'm pretty sure he wins this

Phanteros
Originally posted by chuck inglish
Dante's speed with quicksilver is Mach 12,000. So I'm pretty sure he wins this Proof?

chuck inglish
Originally posted by Phanteros
Proof?
QS slows time down to 1/1,000th of its normal speed.

chuck inglish
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65s3dMKzMqc
The rocks in that scene were initially moving at 10m/s minimum based on gravity. A newer terminal velocity calc makes this speed slightly higher, about 12m/s+, but a lowball 10m/s is easier to work with. Post-QS makes the rocks fall at 1cm/s, or 0.01m/s.

-Edit: The 1cm/s was measured from its distance/speed with distance measurements from comparing to Dante-

10 / 0.01 = 1,000.

Meaning QS slows time down to 1/1,000th of its normal speed. -blood rain

NemeBro
The funny part is that that still isn't anywhere near as fast as Relius Clover is.

chuck inglish
Originally posted by NemeBro
The funny part is that that still isn't anywhere near as fast as Relius Clover is.
how fast is he?

BloodRain
Apparently he made his robot/doll crush Hazama's throat in 0.00000208333 seconds or something, which would put him at 480,000m/s or Mach 1,411.

Problem; There's nothing to even suggests that Relius needed speed for this. People say that he timed his attack in this split second, when all that had to happen was for Hazama to die so that he could time his transition to that room. No reason to think that Relius had to do it in that moment, and even if he did, all it took was great timing. Reactions maybe, but speed isnt needed.
However whether his speed is superhuman, lightning or Ma1,411.. its all going to be heavily crippled by QS.

Though even if Dante can control the balance of speed theres still the issue of damage. Relius may be physically weaker than Dante3, but he's still a Large Building buster with City-Block durability. While this would be no problem for any other version of Dante, DMC3 Dante only has Small Building busting force with Large Building durability. It could be argued that he could go DT to close up the DC and Dura gap to a more equal level, I mean technically all he would have to do is match Ragna's DC to be able to pull a win.

chuck inglish
Originally posted by BloodRain
Apparently he made his robot/doll crush Hazama's throat in 0.00000208333 seconds or something, which would put him at 480,000m/s or .]

I still don't believe Hazama to be a lightning timer though. Since he never actually dodged actual lightning (people manipulating lightning doesn't count since its speed is unquantible and its not natural lightning.same thing can be said about lasers)

BloodRain
Oh no, those numbers aren't from a lightning feat. It was stated in the game that Hazama shifted to this dimension place in 1/480,000th of a second . But for Hazama its only a reaction feat, not a speed feat.

I can't remember the scene but the way people talk it sounds like a low-end lightning feat /shrugs/

chuck inglish
Originally posted by BloodRain
Oh no, those numbers aren't from a lightning feat. It was stated in the game that Hazama shifted to this dimension place in 1/480,000th of a second . But for Hazama its only a reaction feat, not a speed feat.

I can't remember the scene but the way people talk it sounds like a low-end lightning feat /shrugs/

Oh well that sucks for him then cause with QS activated he might be able to see Dante but his body won't be fast enough to move from his attacks

BloodRain
Even so, base DMC3 Dante may not be able to to much damage. In 3 his strength is nearly 4e6 joules, while Relius' durability is over 4e10 joules. Thats 10,000 times the difference. Like I said, any other Dante is well above 4e10, but this his weakest self. Hed need to burn QS and DT just to able to damage him.

Stingerrain
Just to clairfy: I didn't necessarily mean to say that this was DMC3 Dante I was using, I only meant he got all his abilities from DMC3.

I guess for the sake of fairness, i'll use DMC1 Dante.

chuck inglish
Originally posted by Stingerrain
Just to clairfy: I didn't necessarily mean to say that this was DMC3 Dante I was using, I only meant he got all his abilities from DMC3.

I guess for the sake of fairness, i'll use DMC1 Dante.

Well, that helps out alot. Oh and DMC1 Dante doesn't have rebellion. End game Dante has alastor and ebony and ivory

BloodRain
Oh, ok then.

That gives him an extra speed boost and the City-Block level strength needed to beat Relius.

chuck inglish

BloodRain
Yep. I believe standard equipment is any ability a character has that isnt situational or only happened for a single moment.

chuck inglish
Alastor and quicksilver would make Dante unstoppable all he needs now is higher destructive capabilities

BloodRain
Sparda > Alastor. BoT > QS.

And not necessary. DMC1 Devil Trigger can one-shot Abigail, a demon who had City-Block durability. The same durability as Relius here.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.