Movie Hulk(Avengers) vs Movie Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nihilist
No bfr, fight in a empty Mey York.

This time there is nobody to stop the fight short.

who wins?

abhilegend
Hulk.

Starscream M
Originally posted by abhilegend
Hulk.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor.

Hulk had the advantage over Thor in close combat. He'd lose if he fought that way again but as they're not on the Hellicarrier here, he has no reason to fight so idiotically.

Estacado
Thor...he had to hold back on the Helicarrier.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor.

Hulk had the advantage over Thor in close combat. He'd lose if he fought that way again but as they're not on the Hellicarrier here, he has no reason to fight so idiotically. oh gimme a break

hulk, not thor, was their big gun...even against the aliens and loki (hulk had better showings against both than thor)

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Starscream M
oh gimme a break

hulk, not thor, was their big gun...even against the aliens and loki

In physical strength, but not in power. He definitely had more moments but that doesn't mean it trumps the power Thor has displayed or that he'd win in a real battle.

janus77
Hulk murders Thor.

Batman-Prime
I disagree, Thor on the tower killed more Aliens with his lightning and easier at that, then Hulk.

janus77
Thor's lightning wouldn't even faze Hulk. Taking down the little alien ships was nothing impressive at all, Hawkeye did that kinda thing with his arrows.

The best feats all belonged to Hulk, from one-punching a transporter/carrier 'snake' to absolutely annihilating Loki with a casualness bordering on the ridiculous. As Hulk said, "puny god". Thor's no different.

Also, Hulk is the only Avenger to have taken direct energy attacks from dozens of alien ships. The rest had to avoid the attacks, because they couldn't/wouldn't survive them.

The Avengers was just basically Hulk's feat catalogue (volume one).

Estacado
Thor took out about 2-3 of those huge leviathan things with 1 lightning blast.

keiththegreat
Hulk beats Thor in everything besides comics (and there it's debatable). In the movie the Hulk definitely looked better. In the Hulk VS DVD he beat Thor to within an inch of his life, and would have killed him if he didn't decide to hop away. (and that was in Thor's own home turf). In the Avengers cartoon the Hulk is the only one who could take Graviton and Thor couldn't. In fact in that cartoon, the Hulk CONSTANTLY is one-upping Thor. And in comics you have Hulk beating Thor's face in with his own hammer, Thor admitting he could never beat the Hulk, Thor getting beaten up and Hulk running away.... I think it's a safe beat the higher ups at Marvel like the Hulk more than they like Thor.

Estacado
Originally posted by keiththegreat
Hulk beats Thor in everything besides comics (and there it's debatable). In the movie the Hulk definitely looked better. In the Hulk VS DVD he beat Thor to within an inch of his life, and would have killed him if he didn't decide to hop away. (and that was in Thor's own home turf). In the Avengers cartoon the Hulk is the only one who could take Graviton and Thor couldn't. In fact in that cartoon, the Hulk CONSTANTLY is one-upping Thor. And in comics you have Hulk beating Thor's face in with his own hammer, Thor admitting he could never beat the Hulk, Thor getting beaten up and Hulk running away.... I think it's a safe beat the higher ups at Marvel like the Hulk more than they like Thor.
Yet Thor was the one who gave the finishing blow to Graviton.

PillarofOsiris
They definitely make Thor look like a chump in the Avengers cartoon. Kind of like how they make Superman look like one in the JLA cartoon. But Thor definitely gets worse treatment. I've definitely felt for a while that there's some editor at Marvel that doesn't like Thor.

Starscream M
Originally posted by PillarofOsiris
They definitely make Thor look like a chump in the Avengers cartoon. Kind of like how they make Superman look like one in the JLA cartoon. But Thor definitely gets worse treatment. I've definitely felt for a while that there's some editor at Marvel that doesn't like Thor. superman is always the main main in JLA cartoon...not sure what you're watching

and marvel deems hulk more powerful than thor, its not one editor...

biensalsa
Hulk wins

He grabs Thor while He is bragging about of how He is a Demi-god and gives him the beating of his life.

keiththegreat
I've also found Superman portrayed kind of like an idiot, where as Batman always comes up with the way to save the day.

janus77
I don't think Marvel are making Thor look like a chump, when it comes to films, or at least I don't think it's just limited to Thor.

Both Hulk and Thor have to be downplayed significantly, in order to give the other characters something to do and make them look like they contribute.

The Hulk has basically been reduced to comic-Thing level feats, for Hulk's own films (nothing spectacular save for the one feat of surviving a nuke in Ang Lee's Hulk), Thor's been reduced too but not as much.

biensalsa
Originally posted by keiththegreat
I've also found Superman portrayed kind of like an idiot, where as Batman always comes up with the way to save the day.

They do this type of things with the most popular characters and Hulk is very popular.

I think Disney or Marvel are going for Hulk now

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by janus77
I don't think Marvel are making Thor look like a chump, when it comes to films, or at least I don't think it's just limited to Thor.

Both Hulk and Thor have to be downplayed significantly, in order to give the other characters something to do and make them look like they contribute.

The Hulk has basically been reduced to comic-Thing level feats, for Hulk's own films (nothing spectacular save for the one feat of surviving a nuke in Ang Lee's Hulk), Thor's been reduced too but not as much.

It's more of how they are compared to each other. Hulk always comes out looking better in the movies/cartoons/dvds. I disagree with the comics for the most part, but there have been some writers who are really pro-Hulk. Don't believe me? Watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yC1UqipoIOE

And in an amazing showing of creativity they had virtually the same exact scene when Hulk beat Beta Ray Bill to an inch of his life.

Starscream M
It's more of how they are compared to each other. Hulk always comes out looking better in the movies/cartoons/dvds. I disagree with the comics for the most part, but there have been some writers who are really pro-Hulk. Don't believe me? Watch this:

And in an amazing showing of creativity they had virtually the same exact scene when Hulk beat Beta Ray Bill to an inch of his life. so if hulk is displayed as superior, the writers are being pro-hulk?

so if thor is displayed superior in a comic, are the writers being pro-thor than?

Starscream M
btw in the JLU cartoon, superman was always considered the most important part of the league...even batman admits it

biensalsa
I always feel cheated in movies and cartoons.

I remember watching Ultimate Avengers and telling my son

"Watch this, Thor is going to win" no expression

Then I watched Hulk vs

"Son, look Thor should win this one" no expression

and now that I saw the Avengers my wife finally told me

"Hulk always wins" miffed

To what I responded no expression

I believe Thor should win based on his versatility of powers, I give the Hulk the strength advantage always, but now I have to rethink if Hulk's physical stats compensate for his lack of versatility.

Damn you Marvel!!!

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by biensalsa
I always feel cheated in movies and cartoons.

I remember watching Ultimate Avengers and telling my son

"Watch this, Thor is going to win" no expression

Then I watched Hulk vs

"Son, look Thor should win this one" no expression

I believe Thor should win based on his versatility of powers, I give the Hulk the strength advantage always, but now I have to rethink if Hulk's physical stats compensate for his lack of versatility.

Damn you Marvel!!!

Thor SHOULD win. But he constantly fights down to Hulk's level so Marvel can show these uncreative fist fights. And yeah, Thor is going to lose that way almost every time. Look at Thor vs Glory in Chaos War. Hulk would be useless in a situation like that. But Thor won't pull out that stuff against Hulk. Thor has energy drained people before. Why doesn't he do that against the Hulk a la the Silver Surfer did? Why does Thor BFR Hulk into low Earth orbit rather than BFR into the center of the Sun? Why doesn't Thor godblast the Hulk? Why doesn't Thor hit Hulk with one of these?:

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/52044/1351071-thor_vs_sentry_08_super.jpg

The problem is there's some simpletons at Marvel who want to see "Hulk smash". So every hero who fights him will "forget" they have a hundred other powers and just duke it out with him. Kind of like how even Zeus...a freakin' SKYFATHER said, "I could disintegrate this guy with a thought, but it's the HULK!! I've gotta have a fist fight with him!"

janus77

And in an amazing showing of creativity they had virtually the same exact scene when Hulk beat Beta Ray Bill to an inch of his life.
Hulk is stronger than Thor and when it descends into a fist-fight it should always go his way. Anyway, I accept that Thor looked really poor against Hulk there, and that's what I was reminded of when I saw the "fight" between Hulk and Loki in the movie too.

The thing I would say about the above instance though, is that it was Loki 'controlling' Hulk, so the amount of brutality that was displayed is not reflective of what Banner would dish out.

biensalsa
Thor SHOULD win. But he constantly fights down to Hulk's level so Marvel can show these uncreative fist fights. And yeah, Thor is going to lose that way almost every time. Look at Thor vs Glory in Chaos War. Hulk would be useless in a situation like that. But Thor won't pull out that stuff against Hulk. Thor has energy drained people before. Why doesn't he do that against the Hulk a la the Silver Surfer did? Why does Thor BFR Hulk into low Earth orbit rather than BFR into the center of the Sun? Why doesn't Thor godblast the Hulk? Why doesn't Thor hit Hulk with one of these?:

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/52044/1351071-thor_vs_sentry_08_super.jpg

The problem is there's some simpletons at Marvel who want to see "Hulk smash". So every hero who fights him will "forget" they have a hundred other powers and just duke it out with him. Kind of like how even Zeus...a freakin' SKYFATHER said, "I could disintegrate this guy with a thought, but it's the HULK!! I've gotta have a fist fight with him!"

They say that Hulk has the power of making everybody else to forget about their own powers, I agree smile

Btw how about a thread of

Movie Superman vs Movie Avengers evil face

janus77
I think it works both ways there, the writer's primary objective is to maintain an on-going, so the drama and excitement of a confrontation requires that bfr be temporary at best or that characters not go for the kill (spoils them in the eyes of the readership).

You complain that they don't use Thor's versatility, but I could just as validly complain that they don't use Hulk's strength, in the confrontations that they have.

Hulk is written down to Thor's level of strength, from smashing planets and cosmic entities to grappling for hours with Thor, that's a long way down.

Why has Hulk never simply punched Thor's head right off? or punched through Thor's body? it's not as if weapons cannot penetrate Thor's body, it happens all the time. It's just that Hulk would kill Thor, it would damage their sales of Hulk to kids and parents ... Hulk has to retain some level of innocence.

In that regard, I rather like Thor's willingness to kill, like Wolverine, it's what brings him up a level in effectiveness.

Zack Fair
I actually think it might end up as one big stalemate.

PillarofOsiris

Hulk is written down to Thor's level of strength, from smashing planets and cosmic entities to grappling for hours with Thor, that's a long way down.

You're making it seem like Thor has no high end strength feats. In fact, in terms of FEATS, I'd almost give the edge to Thor over the Hulk. (And no, I don't think Thor's stronger than the Hulk, so let's get that out in the open right now). Thor's World Engine feat is equal to nearly anything I've seen from the Hulk. And there's been tons of times weapons (hell even BONES) have penetrated the Hulk, so I can make the same argument as to why Thor couldn't just punch the Hulk's head off.

Starscream M
I think it works both ways there, the writer's primary objective is to maintain an on-going, so the drama and excitement of a confrontation requires that bfr be temporary at best or that characters not go for the kill (spoils them in the eyes of the readership).

You complain that they don't use Thor's versatility, but I could just as validly complain that they don't use Hulk's strength, in the confrontations that they have.

Why has Hulk never simply punched Thor's head right off? or punched through Thor's body? it's not as if weapons cannot penetrate Thor's body, it happens all the time. It's just that Hulk would kill Thor, it would damage their sales of Hulk to kids and parents ... Hulk has to retain some level of innocence.

In that regard, I rather like Thor's willingness to kill, like Wolverine, it's what brings him up a level in effectiveness. good post

Im so sick of the thor fanboys who whine and complain every time hulk is shown superior to thor...its always some excuse, just accept it, hulk is > thor in marvel's opinion. and marvel's opinion is more important than some fanboys opinion....after all, they actually created both characters.

PillarofOsiris
good post

Im so sick of the thor fanboys who whine and complain every time hulk is shown superior to thor...its always some excuse, just accept it, hulk is > thor in marvel's opinion. and marvel's opinion is more important than some fanboys opinion....after all, they actually created both characters.

Actually Stan Lee did, and he said Thor is more powerful, so even by your logic you're wrong.

Zack Fair
Actually Stan Lee did, and he said Thor is more powerful, so even by your logic you're wrong.

Check.

JakeTheBank
lol

According to the movie, Thor held his own against Hulk in close quarters for a bit without even using Mjolnir. And when he did get the hammer, he didn't even really rely on using his lightning/wind powers (which, lol at the idea that Hulk would completely no sell them). So, essentially, the movieverse did exactly what the comics do: Thor fighting down on Hulk's level and doing moderately well under the conditions.

I honestly don't see how anyone can't look at their respective feats and fights and claim otherwise.

And lol at Starscream complaining about "Thor fanboys".

Starscream M
Actually Stan Lee did, and he said Thor is more powerful, so even by your logic you're wrong. stan lee isn't running marvel editorial anymore

so you may be right that marvel used to deem thor more powerful

but my point is currently, hulk is deemed by marvel as who they'd prop to be more powerful

I dont actually care either way...if marvel wants thor to be more powerful, thats fine. I just dont like whining by fans whenever a company doesn't do what they want.

Zack Fair
Thor has a variety of combat feats with MJOLNIR. He can use the tornado/storm he unleashed on the Destroyer. He can do that omnidirectional blast he fired at Loki during their skirmish in the birdge. He can find a way to drop the hammer on Hulk for the autowin. I think Thor flying at Hulk with MJOLNIR at full speed, like he did in the container cell, can mess Hulk up.

Then again Hulk might tank it all, but it does look like Thor would tank Hulk's attacks as well.

Starscream M
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
lol

According to the movie, Thor held his own against Hulk in close quarters for a bit without even using Mjolnir. And when he did get the hammer, he didn't even rely on using his lightning powers (which, lol at the idea that Hulk would completely no sell them). So, essentially, the movieverse did exactly what the comics do: Thor fighting down on Hulk's level and doing moderately well under the conditions.

I honestly don't see how anyone can't look at their respective feats and fights and claim otherwise.

And lol at Starscream complaining about "Thor fanboys". hulk chumped loki, which thor failed to do

janus77
You're making it seem like Thor has no high end strength feats. In fact, in terms of FEATS, I'd almost give the edge to Thor over the Hulk. (And no, I don't think Thor's stronger than the Hulk, so let's get that out in the open right now). Thor's World Engine feat is equal to nearly anything I've seen from the Hulk. And there's been tons of times weapons (hell even BONES) have penetrated the Hulk, so I can make the same argument as to why Thor couldn't just punch the Hulk's head off.
And you're forgetting that Marvel have, from day one, shown Savage Hulk > Thor, in strength and in terms of capacity to overcome obstacles. From opening bunker doors that Thor could not, to beating down Thor in direct conflict (with Mjolnir the only equaliser).

There's a huge difference between having "high end" feats and having that kind of feat be your reason for existing. Hulk exists to overpower everything.

Savage Hulk has feats that contend with CELESTIAL entities (rocking infinite worlds, taking out dimensions, dimensional barriers, elder gods ... those are his "high end" feats); His regular stuff is what would count as Thor's high end (holding up mountain ranges, lifting islands etc etc). And that's my point.

Thor loses the versatility and Hulk loses his strength, thus a fight can be made to be entertaining.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Thor has a variety of combat feats with MJOLNIR. He can use the tornado/storm he unleashed on the Destroyer. He can do that omnidirectional blast he fired at Loki during their skirmish in the birdge. He can find a way to drop the hammer on Hulk for the autowin. I think Thor flying at Hulk with MJOLNIR at full speed, like he did in the container cell, can mess Hulk up.

Then again Hulk might tank it all, but it does look like Thor would tank Hulk's attacks as well. thor has a more versatile powerset

but hulk has a more limitless power level

I'd agree that if you gave thor's powers to Dr. Doom, then he would beat hulk though

JakeTheBank
hulk chumped loki, which thor failed to do

He caught Loki off guard and Thor's entire objective through the film was an attempt to redeem his brother and get him to come back to Asgard quietly. We've already seen Thor best Loki when he's had enough of his bullshit.

It still changes nothing and everything I said earlier is still valid. Almost every single time they fight, in any media, Thor fights down to Hulk's level and keeps the fight in a melee confrontation instead of just spamming attacks from above or using a modicum of his abilities outside of physical strength and striking power with Mjolnir. And generally, Thor does decent if it's just him versus Hulk in that setting.

You can't really dispute that fact.

JakeTheBank
thor has a more versatile powerset

but hulk has a more limitless power level

I'd agree that if you gave thor's powers to Dr. Doom, then he would beat hulk though

Dr. Doom doesn't need Thor's powers to beat Hulk. biscuits

janus77
He caught Loki off guard ...edit
rofl

Hulk just had fun with Loki, he broke him like a baby's rattle. No "off guard", Loki never ever had a chance, he didn't know what he was up against. Too busy speechifying, to realise that he was the ant and Hulk was the true god there.

Starscream M
He caught Loki off guard and Thor's entire objective through the film was an attempt to redeem his brother and get him to come back to Asgard quietly. We've already seen Thor best Loki when he's had enough of his bullshit.

It still changes nothing and everything I said earlier is still valid. Almost every single time they fight, in any media, Thor fights down to Hulk's level and keeps the fight in a melee confrontation instead of just spamming attacks from above or using a modicum of his abilities outside of physical strength and striking power with Mjolnir. And generally, Thor does decent if it's just him versus Hulk in that setting.

You can't really dispute that fact. thor can hold his own against hulk for a bit, but see heres a simple fact you thor fans seem to miss

hulk gets only more powerful the longer the fight is and he gets more enraged

thor doesn't

hence, thor does well in the beginning of fights, but hulk would do well in a longer engagement.

and jake, thor never spams his attacks...so bringing that up is pointless. its like me saying hulk can just open his mouth and bite thor's little head off...while physically possible, hulk just wouldnt do.

so stop crying and take your thumb out of your mouth and enjoy what marvel has done and stop whining about the unfair portrayal of thor you little baby!

Badabing
Originally posted by biensalsa

Heh, your wife owned you. vin

janus77
Dr. Doom doesn't need Thor's powers to beat Hulk. biscuits
And Banner doesn't even need his own powers to pwn Doom.biscuits

Starscream M
rofl

Hulk just had fun with Loki, he broke him like a baby's rattle. No "off guard", Loki never ever had a chance, he didn't know what he was up against. Too busy speechifying, to realise that he was the ant and Hulk was the true god there. lol jakeypoo always has to rationalize why hulk did better...there always has to be a reason or excuse

Zack Fair
facepalm Please don't mention Hulk biting people's heads off. The thread was bad enough as it is.

JakeTheBank
rofl

Hulk just had fun with Loki, he broke him like a baby's rattle. No "off guard", Loki never ever had a chance, he didn't know what he was up against. Too busy speechifying, to realise that he was the ant and Hulk was the true god there.

Yeah, he caught him off guard. thumb up

Not saying it wasn't Loki's own fault for monologuing, but it's clear he wasn't expecting Hulk's ragestomping.

Zack Fair
Loki is one tough ****er to have survived that rampage lol.

PillarofOsiris
And you're forgetting that Marvel have, from day one, shown Savage Hulk > Thor, in strength and in terms of capacity to overcome obstacles. From opening bunker doors that Thor could not, to beating down Thor in direct conflict (with Mjolnir the only equaliser).

There's a huge difference between having "high end" feats and having that kind of feat be your reason for existing. Hulk exists to overpower everything.

Savage Hulk has feats that contend with CELESTIAL entities (rocking infinite worlds, taking out dimensions, dimensional barriers, elder gods ... those are his "high end" feats); His regular stuff is what would count as Thor's high end (holding up mountain ranges, lifting islands etc etc). And that's my point.

Thor loses the versatility and Hulk loses his strength, thus a fight can be made to be entertaining.

Again, I admitted Hulk was stronger. I was just bringing up high end strength feats as a sidebar. But Savage Hulk and Thor stalemated for hours in a test of strength, no hammer involved. And please don't start saying the Hulk is matching a Celestial in strength in feats or otherwise. A SKYFATHER completely owned him in strength, and any Celestial could squash Zeus with one finger while stepping on 20 other skyfathers.

Rage.Of.Olympus
hulk chumped loki, which thor failed to do

True, Hulk punked Loki but I'm unclear as to how that's evidence of him being able to beat Thor in a fight.

Not to mention, when Thor got mad he's owned Loki. In his movie he took him down with a lighting blast and in the Avengers, he manhandled and tossed Loki.

Also, after Loki was blown up by the arrow, Hulk sucker punched Loki through the wall and grabbed him by the cape by surprise as well.

I get that it was done for comedic value but I'm a bit disappointed that Loki didn't use an illusion for that scene. It seemed like something he'd do.

JakeTheBank
thor can hold his own against hulk for a bit, but see heres a simple fact you thor fans seem to miss

hulk gets only more powerful the longer the fight is and he gets more enraged

thor doesn't

hence, thor does well in the beginning of fights, but hulk would do well in a longer engagement.

and jake, thor never spams his attacks...so bringing that up is pointless. its like me saying hulk can just open his mouth and bite thor's little head off...while physically possible, hulk just wouldnt do.

so stop crying and take your thumb out of your mouth and enjoy what marvel has done and stop whining about the unfair portrayal of thor you little baby!

Cool story bro.

Yeah, and Thor has, on panel, matched Hulk's strength as he was getting angrier, and presumably, stronger! eek

Thor has a huge reserve of energy/stamina/strength/power, the same kind that enables him to stagger, effect, and harm beings such as Galactus, Celestials, Chaos King, Glory, Dark Gods, Surtur, Ymir, Thanos, etc.

Thor's summoned down lightning before, tossed Mjolnir at speeds beyond that of light, summoned hurricane winds, and stopped Savage Hulk with freakin' rain. All that stuff he's done in character and against a wide assortment of foes....except Hulk. At this point I'm willing to accept that Thor will probably always fight down to Hulk's level for the sake of plot, but don't pretend like he doesn't.

lft4ded
I'd give this fight to Thor. Yeah, Thor kept trying to talk to Loki instead of out and out destroy him. And in the final battle Thor came out looking better than Hulk, from the number of giant ships destroyed to the final stand. Hulk was pinned down and helpless. Ironman was heading that way before he jetted. Only Thor was still actively attacking and wrecking the Chitauri in the streets.

Starscream M
and stopped Savage Hulk with freakin' rain. the fact that you still even bring that up should completely dismiss any credibility you have on the matter of hulk vs thor

Rage.Of.Olympus
I think the main problem here is that Hulk's scenes had something extra (Comedy, build up etc.) which make them stand out more.

Like, the Hulk's first punch against the Leviathan while really awesome is a lot less impressive than Thor's lightning blast (Greatest feat of power in the entire movie actually) but because it didn't have that dramatic build up, it doesn't stand out as much.

People have completely forgotten about Thor slamming down that piece of metal that Hulk stuck into the monster with more force but remember the sucker punch and so on.

Starscream M
I think the main problem here is that Hulk's scenes had something extra (Comedy, build up etc.) which make them stand out more.

Like, the Hulk's first punch against the Leviathan while awesome is a lot less impressive than Thor's lightning blast (Greatest feat of power in the entire movie actually) but because it didn't have that dramatic build up, it doesn't stand out as much. why do thor fans have this unexplainable need to overanalyze and rationalize every thing regarding thor vs hulk? some things are just simple, marvel deems hulk > thor (for whatever reason, financial perhaps) eek!

Rage.Of.Olympus
why do thor fans have this unexplainable need to overanalyze and rationalize every thing regarding thor vs hulk? some things are just simple, marvel deems hulk > thor (for whatever reason, financial perhaps) eek!

It seems to be the most likely explanation to me.

Like I said, Thor had the greatest feat of power in the movie and people seem to forget about it for the most part.

Uhuh.

Starscream M
yeah, I dont remember thor's lightning

Rage.Of.Olympus
Exactly.

If you were to break down and analyze the movie -from a battle board perspective anyway- Thor has the best showings of overall power -especially if you count his movie- but Hulk smashes Loki for comedic effect, and it's like Thor has no chance.

The extra effect and build up makes certain scenes stand out more.

Zack Fair
The lightning was ****ing huge. He sounded like he was jizzing when he unleashed it.

DickBlazer
Clearly Hulk being the most powerful in this movie has disturbed Thor's army. Settle down Thorians. He gets another movie soon

Zack Fair
LoL what?

biensalsa
Originally posted by Badabing
Heh, your wife owned you. vin

confused crutch

iceman24567
Didn't Loki stab Thor and run away laughing

Colossus-Big C
lol hulk beats thor and the entire avengers combined.

The Sorrow
Just watched Avenger's was a fun movie. I don't see movie Thor beating Hulk, in melee he has no chance, with all powers he would fare much better but I can definitely see Hulk resisting his lightning.

Ban Mido
I'm a Thor fan through and through, I mean I was a bit ticked they made the Thor vs Iron Man fight so even and how the lightning super charged him when I don't think that's what happened when they fought before, or how I recall Thor denting Caps shield which didn't happen in the movie...although I'm aware that wasn't Thor in a normal mindset with the Denting shield incident lmao...but when it came down to it I was satisfied they didn't make Thor appear all that weak....even though they did call him a Demi-God....although Captain Americas line "There's only one god mam, and he doesn't dress like that" had me rolling lol...I also was hoping for a Spider-Man cameo or Wolverine but I was satisfied stick out tongue

So for the fight...I agree it would be in Thors best interest to keep his distance, like it was stated Thor can hold his own h2h for a good while he's no push over..but that's the Hulks power...is getting stronger...like that's what he does...so it obviously is a bad idea to try some CQC with this guy for extended periods of time, so his best bet would be spamming his speed and versatility I could see him winning...just he has to put the Hulk down before he gets too pissed.

I'm really wondering how they'll take down Thanos (You know from the credits) XD....I don't think all of them combined would be able to do much so let's hope they get some more fire power..maybe from Odin or something lol

cdtm
Iron Man has, in fact, super charged himself off Thor's lightning in some older comics.

Hulk stole the show, but considering how short their fight was, I think Thor did allright. Stopped his hand, traded some punches and survived some. In a serious, drawn out fight, Hulk isn't stomping him like he did to Loki.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by abhilegend
Hulk.

Badabing
Hulk beats Thor like he beat Loki. biscuits

cdtm
Hulk beats Thor like he beat Loki. biscuits

Does not. stick out tongue

There's some off camera fighting, and their fight gets interrupted. What Hulk did to Thor during the finale was hilarious though.. ^_^

savage hulk
Loki "I have an army", Iron man "we have the hulk". owned

lft4ded
The Iron Man/Thor fight really showed how far beneath Thor Iron Man is. 400% Iron Man couldn't put Thor down!

eaebiakuya
Thor wins. He can summon the storm he used in first move and use lighting blasts.

Badabing
Originally posted by cdtm
Does not. stick out tongue

There's some off camera fighting, and their fight gets interrupted. What Hulk did to Thor during the finale was hilarious though.. ^_^ I know. It's just fun teasing Rage.

And that late scene with Thor and Hulk was awesome. It was for no good reason except Hulk felt like it. laughing out loud

cdtm
I know. It's just fun teasing Rage.

Good point, but Thor was only flash KOed! Three times, granted. And technically, Hulk ripped up the ground beneath the hammer before he beat Thor into the ground with it meaning it was still considered grounded, as you can see some pavement attached to it, so he didn't overpower the enchantment. confused

carver9
Lately, Marvel is boosting Hulks power. He is literally just overall more powerful than Thor. That doesn't mean that Thor is a weakling or anything, he just is a couple of steps below a pissed Hulk and again, Marvel isn't hiding this either. Even in the latest Avenger comic the enemy was more worried about facing Hulk than the combine team and they bfred him. Hulk is by far one of the most powerful being on the planet.

quanchi112
Could go either way.Originally posted by carver9
Lately, Marvel is boosting Hulks power. He is literally just overall more powerful than Thor. That doesn't mean that Thor is a weakling or anything, he just is a couple of steps below a pissed Hulk and again, Marvel isn't hiding this either. Even in the latest Avenger comic the enemy was more worried about facing Hulk than the combine team and they bfred him. Hulk is by far one of the most powerful being on the planet. No, he isn't. He's stronger but not overall more powerful.

playa1258
Hulk is stronger and more durable, but Thor has a vastly superior arsenal.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by playa1258
Hulk is stronger and more durable, but Thor has a vastly superior arsenal. which doesnt mean anything since they cant put down hulk.

Silent Master
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
which doesnt mean anything since they cant put down hulk.

Really, when did movie Hulk withstand that level of attack?

quanchi112
which doesnt mean anything since they cant put down hulk. They didn't get into an extended fight.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I still don't understand what Thor was trying to do when he threw Mjolnir at Hulk. Was he trying to hit him only for Hulk to dodge and grab the hammer? Getting hit earlier wasn't fun for him I'd wager, but at the same time, I remember it being thrown very awkwardly compared to his movie where it flew through enemies like a very fast battering ram.

I need to watch that scene carefully on the big screen. Getting Hulk into a hold also wasn't very intelligent either imo, he should have pressed the advantage and unloaded on him with the hammer after he stunned him with his knee cap. I guess the no-prize answer is that he was trying to calm Banner down more than anything but still.

The Sorrow
Originally posted by quanchi112
They didn't get into an extended fight.
That would have been worse for Thor not better.

carver9
Originally posted by The Sorrow
Just watched Avenger's was a fun movie. I don't see movie Thor beating Hulk, in melee he has no chance, with all powers he would fare much better but I can definitely see Hulk resisting his lightning.

This.

gogogadgetgo
oh gimme a break

hulk, not thor, was their big gun...even against the aliens and loki (hulk had better showings against both than thor)

i guess you either haven't seen the movie or missed the part where Thor destroyed 2 fishy ships plus a ton of little chariot ships.

either way, go have your eye checked...

oh wait, its starscream....i suggest you go get some brains instead.

gogogadgetgo
I still don't understand what Thor was trying to do when he threw Mjolnir at Hulk. Was he trying to hit him only for Hulk to dodge and grab the hammer? Getting hit earlier wasn't fun for him I'd wager, but at the same time, I remember it being thrown very awkwardly compared to his movie where it flew through enemies like a very fast battering ram.

I need to watch that scene carefully on the big screen. Getting Hulk into a hold also wasn't very intelligent either imo, he should have pressed the advantage and unloaded on him with the hammer after he stunned him with his knee cap. I guess the no-prize answer is that he was trying to calm Banner down more than anything but still.

the answer is very simple, Thor wasn't trying to beat the shit out of Hulk, he was just trying to subdue him.

Go watch it again, Thor says something like, hey hulk keep cool buddy.

gogogadgetgo
If we all try and think back to Thor's movie, he busted through a giant monster beast thingy.

no reason he can't do the same to the Hulk.

carver9
Lol...he isn't busting through Hulk and Hulk was controlled during the time him and Thor fought. If Ironman can give Thor a challenge, imagine what Hulk would have done. Hulk just appeared as superior overall. Thor did destroy some ships with his lightning but the way Hulk did it was insane which again shows he was physically far above Thor. He took the thing out at a "not so angry state" with a single punch.

Ironman even refrenced Hulk as the top gun.

Estacado
Originally posted by carver9
Lol...he isn't busting through Hulk and Hulk was controlled during the time him and Thor fought. If Ironman can give Thor a challenge, imagine what Hulk would have done. Hulk just appeared as superior overall. Thor did destroy some ships with his lightning but the way Hulk did it was insane which again shows he was physically far above Thor. He took the thing out at a "not so angry state" with a single punch.

Ironman even refrenced Hulk as the top gun.
Thor one shoted 2-3 of those ships with 1 lightning...jugg666erm
Also IM was amped 4 times and Thor was crushing his armor.

carver9
Originally posted by Estacado
Thor one shoted 2-3 of those ships with 1 lightning...jugg666erm

I know his LIGHTNING did. Never disputed that.

Estacado
Originally posted by carver9
I know his LIGHTNING did. Never disputed that.
Which he can use here...No one doubts that Hulk is stronger....

Newjak
Watched the movie last and honestly I was pretty cool with how they showed Thor.

Obviously you need the Hulk to be useful, so I'm always ok with him being stronger and having possibly more durability in movies.

Still Thor managed to go H2H with the Hulk and do extremely well.

I would also say based off the fact that Hulk was getting hammered and hurt by a barrage of those aliens' lasers that Thor could most likely injure the Hulk with his lightning.

Overall I would say Thor and the Hulk came off looking the best in the movie.

TheHulk
Hulk!

Plus He Was The Highlight Of The Avengers

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by Newjak
Watched the movie last and honestly I was pretty cool with how they showed Thor.

Obviously you need the Hulk to be useful, so I'm always ok with him being stronger and having possibly more durability in movies.

Still Thor managed to go H2H with the Hulk and do extremely well.

I would also say based off the fact that Hulk was getting hammered and hurt by a barrage of those aliens' lasers that Thor could most likely injure the Hulk with his lightning.

Overall I would say Thor and the Hulk came off looking the best in the movie.

thumb up Thor and Hulk seemed to be equals. Thor blocked Hulks punch and Hulk couldn't push him down. I think that Hulk was supposed to be stronger, but not by much and with Mjolnir Thor was at least his equal in power or even his superior.

Colossus-Big C
Lulz, hulk was obviously shown to be phsically superior by a noticeable amount,
Sure thor block a punch with both his hands and was being pushed into the ground, but one punch from hulk knocked him through a few walls and toss mljonir so far it took a long time for it to return, a hit from thor and his hammer didnt even phase hulk. If the fight continued hulk would of 3 pieced thor like he did loki or worst.

Hulk>>>Thor/Loki/Asgard

Newjak
Lulz, hulk was obviously shown to be phsically superior by a noticeable amount,
Sure thor block a punch with both his hands and was being pushed into the ground, but one punch from hulk knocked him through a few walls and toss mljonir so far it took a long time for it to return, a hit from thor and his hammer didnt even phase hulk. If the fight continued hulk would of 3 pieced thor like he did loki or worst.

Hulk>>>Thor/Loki/Asgard He actually only used one arm to block the attack then used both to lock Hulk's arm in place. Hulk then used his other one to hit Thor.

And Hulk didn't toss mljonir. Thor didn't have it with him until he summoned it.

And based on how their fight was going, no I don't believe Hulk would have 3 pieced him. Thor took a fair amount of Hulk's punches and was still going. The only visible damage being a bloody nose, which Thor gave Hulk in return.

janus77
Hulk wasn't "injured" by anything the Chitahuri did, half their armada focused on him and fired off a prolongued, concentrated barrage. It did NOTHING to him.

It's funny how Hulk was the only Avenger to neither be hurt nor tire, even though he was the only one who they attacked in such a concentrated way. They more or less ignored the rest, even Thor, leaving individual soldiers to attack them, but The Hulk they attacked with their armada.

Anyway, back on topic, it is still an inevitable win for Hulk.

JakeTheBank
Thor took on an amped Iron Man (power increased to 400%) and in close quarter combat, no sold a repulsor ray to the face. That was pretty freaking impressive considering how powerful Iron Man's weapons are portrayed in the movieverse.

janus77
IronMan is a cool character but even at "400%" amp, he's not in the league of Hulk (nor even Thor's league), so I don't find that impressive at all.

Newjak
Hulk wasn't "injured" by anything the Chitahuri did, half their armada focused on him and fired off a prolongued, concentrated barrage. It did NOTHING to him.

It's funny how Hulk was the only Avenger to neither be hurt nor tire, even though he was the only one who they attacked in such a concentrated way. They more or less ignored the rest, even Thor, leaving individual soldiers to attack them, but The Hulk they attacked with their armada.

Anyway, back on topic, it is still an inevitable win for Hulk. Half their Armada? Are you serious they at best show maybe a dozen or so of those flyers start shooting him, and he was obviously being hurt by it.

Thor by comparison only seemed to be injured because he took a knife to the stomach from Loki.

And Thor was all over the place battling with just about everyone. I would say Thor actually had the biggest body count in the entire fight, except for Iron Man when he used the nuke to take out the mother ship
Thor took on an amped Iron Man (power increased to 400%) and in close quarter combat, no sold a repulsor ray to the face. That was pretty freaking impressive considering how powerful Iron Man's weapons are portrayed in the movieverse. And Tony got amped from Thor's lightning bolt. stick out tongue

JakeTheBank
Looking at what Iron Man's weapons did to the Chitauri and the light he was portrayed in the MCU, no selling a point blank shot to the domepiece amped at 400% is still impressive.

janus77
IM also almost got chopped to pieces by the helicarrier's turbine fan, remember. He's not a "big gun" and he acknowledges that, so even at 400%, it's nothing much.

JakeTheBank
His armor's durability =/= power of his repulsors.

janus77
It's an indication of his power, as IM uses the same tech to produce his shields.

Newjak
It's an indication of his power, as IM uses the same tech to produce his shields. He doesn't have shields in the movies. He simply relies on the armor's ability to absorb damage for his durability

JakeTheBank
Him nearly being crushed by a turbine doesn't somehow make his energy weapons look weak in comparison, though. Even counting shields, which I can't seem to recall being used in the Avengers.

Tbh, I don't see how you can look at that feat and say it's not impressive for Thor.

Rage.Of.Olympus

Anyway, back on topic, it is still an inevitable win for Hulk.

no expression

Do you want me to send you a link to the movie? Obviously you need to re-watch it. Hulk got a large power boost in this movie, and kicked ass, why on Earth you feel you need to bullshit so much I don't understand.

It didn't do anything to the Hulk? He was seriously rocked by that assault and IIRC was left bleeding in a crater for the remainder of the battle.

It would not be good for the Hulk's health to get hit by Thor's lightning.

Rage.Of.Olympus
IM also almost got chopped to pieces by the helicarrier's turbine fan, remember. He's not a "big gun" and he acknowledges that, so even at 400%, it's nothing much.

Actually, I'm pretty sure Iron Man was got in the turbines and was just fine.

It was 475% percent, Jarvis said 400% but it kept rising IIRC.

JakeTheBank
Actually, I'm pretty sure Iron Man was got in the turbines and was just fine.

It was 475% percent, Jarvis said 400% but it kept rising IIRC.

I can't remember if Tony's power level kept rising, but even so, no selling a 400% power repulsor ray to the face is a good feat. Hell, it would be a good feat in the comics, let alone the movie.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I remember seeing a screenshot of the hub display and it was 475%.

I still don't get Janus. Hulk got a huge power boost from his own movie, got the most focus next to Iron Man in the final battle and is going to get a third chance at a solo movie. The need to further bullshit about his showings is just confusing, is it not enough?

JakeTheBank
I remember seeing a screenshot of the hub display and it was 475%.

You're right. Just watched the clip of the fight online. thumb up

janus77
It didn't do anything to the Hulk? He was seriously rocked by that assault and IIRC was left bleeding in a crater for the remainder of the battle.
If I recall correctly, the smoke cleared and he just roared back at them, then carried on the fight. Not affected at all.

Look up the scene, if you can find it online, I'm sure it was the way I described it.

Rage.Of.Olympus
You're right. Just watched the clip of the fight online. thumb up

I remember in that Avengers photo book that was leaked way back, it said 500%. Maybe it kept rising, I should re-check the Hub display throughout the battle.

It's a shame the scene where Thor rips the Quinjet's doors off it's hinges wasn't included.

Rage.Of.Olympus
If I recall correctly, the smoke cleared and he just roared back at them, then carried on the fight. Not affected at all.

Look up the scene, if you can find it online, I'm sure it was the way I described it.

He got blasted, roared and was overwhelmed. We then see him near the end when Iron Man flies up, getting up from a crater bleeding.

Newjak
I remember in that Avengers photo book that was leaked way back, it said 500%. Maybe it kept rising, I should re-check the Hub display throughout the battle.

It's a shame the scene where Thor rips the Quinjet's door off it's hinges wasn't included. That would have been cool to see.

I don't know if it would have been really necessary but it would have been cool.

janus77
He got blasted, roared and was overwhelmed. We then see him near the end when Iron Man flies up, getting up from a crater bleeding.
He got blasted by the armada, the smoke cleared up, he roared and kept on smashing.

I don't recall anything of him being down in a crater or of him being affected in any meaningful way.

Hulk was smashing through the Chitahuri, continuously, including leaping into and smashing right through an office tower (on the way to saving IM, iirc).

Rage.Of.Olympus
I sent you a link to the movie. Watch it yourself.

Hulk gets blasted and overcome. We see him 5 minutes later rising up out of a crater -bleeding- as Iron Man flew by.

He was monstrous in this movie but he had limits to his strength and durability.

janus77
I sent you a link to the movie. Watch it yourself.

Hulk gets blasted and overcome. We see him 5 minutes later rising up out of a crater -bleeding- as Iron Man flew by.

He was monstrous in this movie but he had limits to his strength and durability. just got the pm.

it's a download? thought it might have been a stream or something.

Rage.Of.Olympus
PM. Refresh your mailbox.

Badabing
Hulk wins...just like he did in the movie. He won the fight, then one shot Thor toward the end for good measure. biscuits

Philosophía
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
thumb up Thor and Hulk seemed to be equals. Thor blocked Hulks punch and Hulk couldn't push him down. They seemed anything but equals. As soon as Thor caught Hulk's forearm/wrist, he followed it almost immediately with the other arm, because he was losing the struggle. That's not even going into how force distribution, and how Thor catching Hulk's forearm/wrist (which Surfer recently did to Thor in their fight) isn't the same as straight up blocking the point of his strike.

--

Thor was more affected by Hulk's punches than otherwise. Even his best shot in the entire fight, the Mjolnir to the face, did nothing more than get Hulk even angrier. By the end of their fight, before the interruption kicked it, Hulk was ragdolling Thor around, and it seemed to be heading towards a Loki situation.

Speaking of which, not that it was needed, but Hulk treating Loki as I would a toddler, and leaving him on the floor "aaaaa"ing incontrollably in a few slams, again, makes it obvious that Hulk is significantly more formidable. I got a chuckle out of Jake saying that this was a "sucker attack", as if Loki wasn't standing right in front of him, after Hulk had just punched hm across the room. I also love the implications of "brotherly love" somehow stopping Thor from replicating that performance. I know you like Thor a lot, but get a grip on reality.

We can go on about how Thor would have died from falling basically the same height Hulk had. How Hulk was blatantly treated as the most powerful one. How Thor vs Iron Man was competitive before and after Iron Man was amped, and I don't think there's anybody here who thinks that if Hulk had been in Thor's stead, Iron Man wouldn't have been a pinata.

Hulk is not a building-sized, slow moving obvious target, against which Thor has time to climb up on a strategic place and summon his lightning attack. That's if Thor would even be able to have his hold on the hammer long enough for him to complete the process, as he seemed to lose it against both Hulk (twice) and Iron Man, once it got physical.

I know frustration is at an all-time high, with Hulk outshining Thor in virtually every medium but it is what it is. Hulk wins.

JakeTheBank

Rage.Of.Olympus
http://readingwritingliving.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/2stirring-iron-pot.jpg

Starscream M
oh jeez philosophia, that post is going to give the thorbags eplileptic seizures as they twist themselves into pretzels trying to make more excuses for thor's poor showing

JakeTheBank
oh jeez philosophia, that post is going to give the thorbags eplileptic seizures as they twist themselves into pretzels trying to make more excuses for thor's poor showing

I think you got something on your nose there, Brucey.

Possibly shit.

carver9

Starscream M
Originally posted by iceman24567
Didn't Loki stab Thor forgot about that

I remember when I used to get mocked when I said thor's pierce durability was shit

Newjak
You people keep acting like Thor couldn't survive the fall Hulk did, yet that is exactly what he did. Just because he kicked himself out of the container doesn't mean he still didn't the hit the ground with the same force Hulk.

Which he was up from and ready to keep fighting not to soon after that.

JakeTheBank
forgot about that

I remember when I used to get mocked when I said thor's pierce durability was shit

You get mocked for your general lack of comic book knowledge - due to not really reading them - and some of your opinions which are completely based on garbage. You are the same guy that claimed that Thor was restricted to natural weather phenomena and couldn't create storms far more potent than anything possible in reality, after all.

Thor's piercing durability is fine, certainly better than Hulk's and significantly worse than Superman's. And Loki stabbing Thor with an Asgardian weapon (the same daggers that did a number on the Frost Giants in the first Thor movie) is a low feat...how, again?

iceman24567
Thor was more powerful

Starscream M
I think you got something on your nose there, Brucey.

Possibly shit. that's uncalled for, jake erm be a little more mature, will ya?

fact is, Philo makes some very good points, albeit in a colorful manner.

Thor and hulk both faced loki...and hulk did far better against loki than thor. In their h2h, hulk fared better. In the fight against aliens, hulk fared better. So this argument about who is superior is purely academic, as reality shows that movie hulk is clearly superior to movie thor.

Starscream M

Thor's piercing durability is fine, certainly better than Hulk's and significantly worse than Superman's. And Loki stabbing Thor with an Asgardian weapon (the same daggers that did a number on the Frost Giants in the first Thor movie) is a low feat...how, again?

werent you one of the clowns I used to debate who said thor's pierce durability was better than colossus? well, colossus would not have been stabbed by that blade.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor and hulk both faced loki...and hulk did far better against loki than thor. In their h2h, hulk fared better.

That is true but no one is disputing that Hulk was stronger than Thor in the Avengers movie.

Also, I'd like to point out that Thor owned Loki with a lightning blast when he was stabbed in his movie and manhandled him when he was stabbed in the Avengers. Basically, the moment Thor gets mad, Loki gets stomped.

Taking into account the sucker shot with the information above, Loki is not evidence of Hulk's superiority over Thor. Although I think he's stronger.

In the fight against aliens, hulk fared better.

Incorrect.

So this argument about who is superior is purely academic, as reality shows that movie hulk is clearly superior to movie thor.

I get it, you don't like Thor very much, never have, but at least give him some credit. The Hulk's physically stronger but you're low balling if you don't think the advantage becomes very questionable once we take into account Mjolnir and Thor being the God of Thunder.

JakeTheBank
that's uncalled for, jake erm be a little more mature, will ya?

Thor and hulk both faced loki...and hulk did far better against loki than thor. In their h2h, hulk fared better. In the fight against aliens, hulk fared better. So this argument about who is superior is purely academic, as reality shows that movie hulk is clearly superior to movie thor.

lol irony much?

Yeah, because that post was the standard of maturity. Lol, never cease to amaze.

Yeah, Hulk grabbed Loki mid-sentence and beat the shit out of him. Whether or not it's Loki's own fault for being an arrogant douche (for the record it is), he still obviously wasn't expecting Hulk to grab him. How this can even be argued is beyond me. Yeah, it's to be expected that Hulk would fare better in melee than Thor. Their fights against the aliens were different due to the tactics behind them. Thor's general purpose was to bottleneck the invading ships. Cap just gave Hulk free reign to smash. Not really the same thing.

Yeah, Thor fighting down to Hulk's level is fighting at a disadvantage. I already said this and have said this multiple times.

Rage.Of.Olympus
werent you one of the clowns I used to debate who said thor's pierce durability was better than colossus? well, colossus would not have been stabbed by that blade.

How do you know that? Did Colossus guest star in your special edition of the Avengers? Or is this one of those times you pretend movies directly translate into comics despite power levels varying wildly.

Estacado
Bringing up Loki is a bad example since IM rocked him with 1 repulsor blast...

Newjak
that's uncalled for, jake erm be a little more mature, will ya?

Thor and hulk both faced loki...and hulk did far better against loki than thor. In their h2h, hulk fared better. In the fight against aliens, hulk fared better. So this argument about who is superior is purely academic, as reality shows that movie hulk is clearly superior to movie thor. Philo's points weren't that good.

Thor was fighting his brother trying to save him. He has already stomped Loki when they get serious. Plus Loki still had the scepter when he fought Thor.

Thor did survive the giant fall, cause after he broke out of the container he still hit the ground.

Thor fared pretty well in HTH with Hulk, even though he would have lost he still did well.

And it's completely false that Hulk fared better against the Aliens.

Mindset
You people keep acting like Thor couldn't survive the fall Hulk did, yet that is exactly what he did. Just because he kicked himself out of the container doesn't mean he still didn't the hit the ground with the same force Hulk.

Which he was up from and ready to keep fighting not to soon after that. He didn't hit with the same force, that was the whole point of him escaping from the container, or else he would have died.

Starscream M

I get it, you don't like Thor very much, never have but at least give Thor some credit. The Hulk's physically stronger but you're low balling if you don't think the advantage becomes very questionable once we take into account Mjolnir and Thor being the God of Thunder. first of all, I do like thor, he's one of my fav marvel characters...just becuz I don't see him being greater than hulk doesnt mean I dont like him

two, sure mjolnir evens things out a bit...but I just don't buy the notion that it turns to thor's favor with mjolnir

guys like you and jake like to project what you think thor should do, and when he does, that he'd best hulk

unfortunately, thor never does those things. can he unleash lightning on hulk, maybe...but I doubt it'd put hulk down, and furthermore, very likely enrage hulk even further to the point where it becomes even more lopsided in hulks favor

if movie hulk and movie thor were to fight full on, I think its pretty clear from the movies that hulk would be victorious even if thor went all out. they depict thor less a god than a very powerful hero...they depict hulk as an unstoppable force of nature.

SuperiorTech
I thought it was common knowledge you hate Thor just as much as Carver hates Superman. confused

Starscream M
Originally posted by SuperiorTech
I thought it was common knowledge you hate Thor just as much as Carver hates Superman. confused no, I dont hate any comic book character...least of all thor

but the fact is there is a lot of misinformation and wanking regarding thor on the board so I appear to oppose him

Newjak
Originally posted by Mindset
He didn't hit with the same force, that was the whole point of him escaping from the container, or else he would have died. How would he have not hit with the same force as the Hulk when he landed?

It's doesn't make logical sense. You can only fall so fast and so hard.

I could say that Thor had added force because he had the force of the free fall mixed in with the force of what it took him to escape the container.

Rage.Of.Olympus
first of all, I do like thor, he's one of my fav marvel characters...just becuz I don't see him being greater than hulk doesnt mean I dont like him

two, sure mjolnir evens things out a bit...but I just don't buy the notion that it turns to thor's favor with mjolnir

guys like you and jake like to project what you think thor should do, and when he does, that he'd best hulk

unfortunately, thor never does those things. can he unleash lightning on hulk, maybe...but I doubt it'd put hulk down, and furthermore, very likely enrage hulk even further to the point where it becomes even more lopsided in hulks favor

if movie hulk and movie thor were to fight full on, I think its pretty clear from the movies that hulk would be victorious even if thor went all out. they depict thor less a god than a very powerful hero...they depict hulk as an unstoppable force of nature.

Thor's one of your favorite marvel characters?

laughing out loud

Alright then, agree to disagree. I think Hulk would win in a hand to hand fight but Thor would be my pick in all out battle unless the comic book effect of the Odinson brawling every time with the Hulk comes into play.

Thor's ability to control the lightning and weather, coupled with flight and Mjolnir are advantages Hulk can't overcome. I think a large blast will be at least as effective against the Hulk as the alien blast barrage near the end of the movie.

JakeTheBank
first of all, I do like thor, he's one of my fav marvel characters...just becuz I don't see him being greater than hulk doesnt mean I dont like him

Lol.

Lol x2.

It's not what Thor should do as much as stuff he actually has done in fights before...just not against Hulk for whatever reason. If you really liked Thor and read comics like you claim to, you'd know that in battles against people such as Firelord, Silver Surfer, Gladiator, Surtur, Loki, Etc. Thor can and has used his powers outside of raw strength and clubbing things with Mjolnir. The in character reason for why Thor fights down on Hulk's level is because of his warrior's pride and the sense of fair play.

Funny, because Thor has knocked out Hulk with lightning before. And when he amped a Mjolnir strike with lightning, one-shot BFRed Nul-Hulk into orbit. That, my friend, was an amped Green Scar. WTF do you think that would have done to Savage Hulk? Unless you follow Carverithmatics and think an Asgardian hammer amp actually weakens somehow.

Which is based on nothing. I certainly didn't see anything to suggest that Hulk could no sell a barrage of lightning or hammer throws.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by SuperiorTech
I thought it was common knowledge you hate Thor just as much as Carver hates Superman. confused

lol

Starscream M

Alright then, agree to disagree. I think Hulk would win in a hand to hand fight but Thor would be my pick in all out battle unless the comic book effect of the Odinson brawling every time with the Hulk comes into play. you call it 'comic book effect'...I call it 'thor being thor'.

Mindset
How would he have not hit with the same force as the Hulk when he landed?

It's doesn't make logical sense. You can only fall so fast and so hard.

I could say that Thor had added force because he had the force of the free fall mixed in with the force of what it took him to escape the container. It doesn't have to make logical sense.

Obviously, they were trying to portray him needing to escape the container to save his live.

Zack Fair
i dont see how the movies make it obvious that Hulk wins. Sure Hulk was throwing Thor around like a ragdoll, but he still tanked it all. I still think a blast like the one Thor used to slow the alien invasion would rock Hulk's world.

iceman24567
Thor was pleading with Loki and pretty much got tricked by him i highly doubt a serious going for the kill Thor would have too much trouble killing Loki

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Zack Fair
i dont see how the movies make it obvious that Hulk wins. Sure Hulk was throwing Thor around like a ragdoll, but he still tanked it all. I still think a blast like the one Thor used to slow the alien invasion would rock Hulk's world.

thumb up Anyone who thinks Hulk would no sell Thor's lightning is deluded. Concentrated fire from Chitauri was enough to halt him in his tracks, probably dealing superficial damage if anything. A prolonged lightning strike is something else entirely.

Originally posted by iceman24567
Thor was pleading with Loki and pretty much got tricked by him i highly doubt a serious going for the kill Thor would have too much trouble killing Loki

thumb up Thor was still trying to redeem Loki and bring him without much of a fuss.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>