X-Men vs. The Avengers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Impediment
Setting: Downtown London.

Weather: Rain, 70 degrees Fahrenheit, 12 noon.

X-Men:

-Cyclops
-Wolverine
-Iceman
-Storm
-Colossus
-Nightcrawler
-Rogue

versus

The Avengers:

-Captain America
-Iron Man
-Hulk
-Thor
-Hawkeye
-Black Widow

Victory by submission or knock out. People can be physically hurt, cut, shot, broken bones, etc, but no killing.

Who takes this?

the ninjak
Xmen-

-NightCrawler is the best bet on the team. He might KO BlackWidow and Hawkeye. But that's about it. He won't be able to BFR Stark, Thor or Hulk. Their absence won't mean a win, and they'll just return.
-Iceman was a joke. Just a kid in an ice shell who can spray cold. Bobby gets shot pretty quickly. Though he could create a wall for the team. Though walls won't stop the heavy hitters.
-Cyclops can blast at the weaklings or try to repel Hulk or Thor. But he'll get tagged quickly by either repulsor blast or thunderclap.
-Logan is gonna get stomped. He can try to use terrain to sneak up on someone but otherwise he's gonna get KO'd quickly.
-Storm will challenge Thor and fall quickly.
-Colossus with no feats gets beaten like Loki did by Hulk.
-Rogue ain't touching anyone. She gets an arrow in the leg.

Avengers- Stomp city.

-Cap defends and gives orders.
-Hawkeye and Black Widow aim for leg shots ect against as many as they can.
-Hulk obliterates anyone or everyone on the team....without killing them. Only NC is a problem.
-Thor and Ironman take out Storm and follows Hulk.

Thor creating a hurricane around the Xmen whilst Hulk Thunderclaps em should shake em up pretty well.

The Avengers should win this with ease. There are ways I can imagine the Xmen possibly spreading the team apart via Night Crawler and Scott just taking his visor off but Hulk and Thor are just too powerful.

Impediment
What if Iceman froze the wet ground to make it slippery and froze the rain to make it, literally, a falling projectile?

Nightcrawler could teleport Rogue onto the Hulk to drain him while NC keeps Hulk occupied.

the ninjak
Originally posted by Impediment
What if Iceman froze the wet ground to make it slippery and froze the rain to make it, literally, a falling projectile?

Nightcrawler could teleport Rogue onto the Hulk to drain him while NC keeps Hulk occupied.

Did Bobby ever perform this feat? His spray freeze attack always seemed limited to the area of influence of his spray. Comic Bobby can just will stuff to freeze, film Bobby wasn't very evolved from what I remember. Freezing the ground won't work too well against Hulk, Thor or Ironman. Barton shoots an arrow into his leg.

Cap, Stark, BW or Barton can smack/injure Rogue off his body.... if Hulk flailing around doesn't just send her flying. She won't last long with this tactic because Hulk has taken extreme damage before and has a HF. Rogue touched Logans face I believe once and it made Wolverine spaz out. But once she is removed Hulk will just shake any damage off. The real question is how Gamma Radiation will effect Rogue.

If Kurt decides to BAMF around Hulk a thunderclap should send him into a phased state. It all depends if Kurt tries to BAMF Hulk elsewhere. How far could Kurt teleport in film? I don't think it was too far.

0mega Spawn
Iceman goes iceform freezes hulk & headbutts everyone everyone.

the ninjak
I doubt Bobby became pure ice. More like the early version he was for years, a boy encased in ice. A bullet, arrow or any other attack and he goes down.

And his headbutt won't do crap to most of the team.

Impediment
I don't think you're giving Cyclops enough credit. His eyes are literally his aim and he's a dead shot. Scott could fire a few optic blasts at Hawkeye and either knock him out or disarm him of his bow. Granted, Hawkeye is fast at the draw but so is Cyke. The same can be said for Widow, too.

the ninjak
A quick thunderclap from Hulk at the start of battle will wobble the Xmen. Giving BW and HE enough time to find cover and start sniping. Thor will spot the blaster quickly jump in and smack Scott out.

If Iceman creates a wall then this disables Scott. Giving BW and HE a better chance later game of straffing the battlefield and taking Scott out. He wasn't very stealthy. Plus I see Scott focusing more on the big guys on the playing field early on.

Regardless if Scott starts blasting early game. Thor will see it and take Scott out via flying into him deflecting the beams with Mjolnir then smashing his head in. then proceeding to fly up and smack out Storm.

BruceSkywalker
Avengers Assemble!!!!!!!

Cap took Mjolnir and Thior went flying backwards so Cyke's optic blasts aren;t gonna do much..

Logan can be KO'd by the Hulk or even Thor for that matter..

Thor takes out Ororro

Rogue is dead by either Barton or Natasha

Piotr was a joke so one punch by Hulk and down goes Piotr..

Wagner has a slight chance but he isn't getting by Stark or Thor

as for Bobby..

Originally posted by 0mega Spawn
Iceman goes iceform freezes hulk & headbutts everyone everyone.

Cap's shield took Mjolnir so blocking the ice won;t be a problem

Placidity
Meh, another battle where people can make their own script of who takes who on and what happens.

I can do that to give X-men the win too.

- Rogue takes Nightcrawler's powers, ports in behind Hulk and drains him, taking his powers as well. Then she takes on Thor.

- Nightcrawler ports Wolverine next to Capt, Hawkeye and Black Widow, he goes back and ports in Colossus as well.

- Nightcrawler, Storm, Iceman and Cyclops take on Iron Man.

BruceSkywalker
this thread reminds of this..

http://thumbnails76.imagebam.com/18887/ba1113188863137.jpg

marwash22
Originally posted by Placidity
Meh, another battle where people can make their own script of who takes who on and what happens.

- Rogue takes Nightcrawler's powers, ports in behind Hulk and drains him, taking his powers as well. Then she takes on Thor.

- Nightcrawler ports Wolverine next to Capt, Hawkeye and Black Widow, he goes back and ports in Colossus as well.

- Nightcrawler, Storm, Iceman and Cyclops take on Iron Man. thumb up

Placidity
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
this thread reminds of this..

http://thumbnails76.imagebam.com/18887/ba1113188863137.jpg

Wolverine won that. stick out tongue

Zack Fair
Hulk solos.

marwash22
Iron Man: We have a Hulk.
Rogue: so do we.

Hulk ain't soloing a damn thing.

Zack Fair
Yeah he does.

RE: Blaxican
Originally posted by marwash22
Iron Man: We have a Hulk.
Rogue: so do we.

Hulk ain't soloing a damn thing. In the time it would take for Rogue to actually absorb his powers, she'd already be a splatter on the ground.

Furthermore, we've already seen what happens when you try to absorb Hulk's powers: you explode. The Hulk is basically a walking conduit of infinite gamma energy. As '03 Hulk showed us, a mutant with vastly superior absorbtion powers couldn't even handle it all.

So naw, I don't know if Hulk solos or not, but Rogue is a non-factor.

Placidity
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
In the time it would take for Rogue to actually absorb his powers, she'd already be a splatter on the ground.

She can do it very quickly, backed up with another power, like Nightcrawler's evasive abilities, I don't see it being a problem.

Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
Furthermore, we've already seen what happens when you try to absorb Hulk's powers: you explode. The Hulk is basically a walking conduit of infinite gamma energy. As '03 Hulk showed us, a mutant with vastly superior absorbtion powers couldn't even handle it all.

Absorbing Man was taking his gamma radiation and got overloaded, not his powers.

Zack Fair
Hulk is being seriously lowballed. Did you guys not watch how fast and intense he was? He wouldn't give the team a chance. Only people to survive his initial onslaught are Nightcrawler and Storm if they use their teleportation/flight to get the **** out of Hulk's way.

marwash22
Rogue's leaching is damn near immediate so even if hulk slapped her away, in the 2 seconds she would have been touching him, she would have absorbed enough of his power to survive the blow.

Also, unlike the Avengers, the X-Men actually have experience working as a team; i seriously doubt they'd just let Rogue confront Hulk without first distracting Hulk or arming her with one of their powers first.

Dr Will Hatch
If the X-Men win, Thor's daddy comes down to Earth and whoops all the mutated mortals into M. Bison's Tuesday.

the ninjak

Rogue has no experience with NightCrawler's powers, it took years for Kurt to muster the skill to not zap into walls. That tactic is playing with fire.

Rogue stealing Hulks power means she'll become Gamma Irradiated. And that won't turn out so good for all parties involved. Rogue was pretty timid as well she would probably just lose it or die of radiation poisoning. Bana and the dogs from hulk were treated with Gamma radiation from early age.

--As I stated earlier Kurt is the only hope for this team. Teleportation is a *****.

Placidity
Originally posted by the ninjak
Rogue has no experience with NightCrawler's powers, it took years for Kurt to muster the skill to not zap into walls. That tactic is playing with fire.

Rogue stealing Hulks power means she'll become Gamma Irradiated. And that won't turn out so good for all parties involved. Rogue was pretty timid as well she would probably just lose it or die of radiation poisoning. Bana and the dogs from hulk were treated with Gamma radiation from early age.

--As I stated earlier Kurt is the only hope for this team. Teleportation is a *****.

You have a point about her inexperience with teleporting, but I'm really not following your objections with her taking Hulk's powers, she takes all his powers including his healing factor, not just the radiation...

BTW Rogue has taken She-Hulk's powers before in the comics.

the ninjak
Rogue's absorption powers in comics seemed to be energy based. Like she was stealing there lifeforce. Memories, soul, powers.

But in the movies it looks genetic. The veins rise in the victims faces as she pours their DNA into her. She just takes their genes. Bad move.

So absorbing Gamma radiation will change her into whatever her subconcious choses. They are pretty much sacrificing Rogue to win a fight for even if she survives the fight she dies once the transformation process ceases.

Impediment
Hulk has healing factor. Rogue won't die.

Storm can also fly into the sky and zap Cap, BW, and Barton with lightning.

ares834
I seem to recall it taking awhile for Rogue to steal powers. THis is best seen in the scene where Wolverine stabs her and it takes several seconds before she begins to heal.

Robtard
It takes her a few seconds to abosrb them where she can use them, as seen in X1 with the Wolverine scene and X2 with the Pyro scene.

The person she touches is almost instantly weakened and put out though.

Impediment
If Rogue absorbed Kurt's power, she could latch onto the Hulk and simultaneously teleport and touch him while angry Hulk swats and struggles.

Cyclops could fire blasts at Cap, BW, and Barton.

BruceSkywalker

Storm can also fly into the sky and zap Cap, BW, and Barton with lightning.

remember Cap absorbed mjolnir and thor was sent flying backward so i am sure storm's lightning won;t touch Cap..

X-Men have no defense against Thor's lightning nor when Thor throws mjolnir at them.. Hulk seems too quick fro them as well

Impediment
For the sake of argument, what if Professor X was hovering above in the Blackbird?

Placidity
Originally posted by Robtard
It takes her a few seconds to abosrb them where she can use them, as seen in X1 with the Wolverine scene and X2 with the Pyro scene.

The person she touches is almost instantly weakened and put out though.

Nah Uh! In X-men 3 (Danger Room scene) she takes Colossus' powers and activates it in under one second.

Pwned
It seems people forgot Hawkeye shot down one of those Invader Flying Thingamajiggers that was flying behind him without looking.

I bet that with the pain it seems Rogue causes when she absorbs peoples energy, shes just going to make the Hulk madder.

Zack Fair
Avengers.

the ninjak
Originally posted by the ninjak
So absorbing Gamma radiation will change her into whatever her subconcious choses. They are pretty much sacrificing Rogue to win a fight for even if she survives the fight she dies once the transformation process ceases.

Plus a Hulked out Rogue would most probably attack everyone on the field.

For the sake of argument, what if Professor X was hovering above in the Blackbird?

Stomp in favor of the Xmen. Unless Thor is wearing his helmet. big grin

Utrigita
I have my questions about Rogue having the ability to actually survive a gamma radiation, which is more or less what Hulk has. I honestly don't see Rogue trying to absorb Hulk's power (which is caused by his gamma radiotion) ending well for her.

Avengers win imo.

Robtard

Thor spends the rest of his life as he's secretly always wished, being a 12 year old girl with pretty blonde hair who plays with her dolls all day long.

0mega Spawn

exactly

0mega Spawn
X men win

the ninjak
Originally posted by Robtard
Thor spends the rest of his life as he's secretly always wished, being a 12 year old girl with pretty blonde hair who plays with her dolls all day long.

Filthy f'n lies.

rudester
I love X-men over Avengers any day of the week.

the ninjak
Originally posted by rudester
I love X-men over Avengers any day of the week.

Me too. Comics wise I'll always be Team Xmen.

But the arguments here...I see Avengers winning this. The skill of the Xmen in the films was pitiful regardless of their Danger Room training. It was always one on one fights in the Xmen films. The Xmen NEVER used their powers in unison.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.