Superman & Green Lantern Vs Iron Man & Thor (movies)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prep-Man
all movie versions.

JakeTheBank
Superman probably solos depending on how you want to apply his feats in a combat scenario.

Uriel005
Superman and GL... Kilowog was able to generate a localized singularity.... I have seen nothing to suggest that Thor or Iron Man could survive such an event and there is no reason Hal couldn't replicate it having seen it. He knows its possible.

ColossusGrundy
Team 1.

quanchi112
Thor solos.

abhilegend
Superman solos.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by abhilegend
Superman solos.

Slaanesh
team 1..overall more powerful..

Odekahn
Supes solos, and GL might be able to solo

Greysen93
Team 1 definitely wins. I think Superman and Thor would be a good fight, but Green Lantern would beat Iron Man

SuperiorTech
Originally posted by quanchi112
Thor solos.

Would your answer change is Thor was from Dc Superman was from Marvel.

Lord Feron
Superman, they made him crazy strong and durable. Enough that fight ability basically doesn't matter. I do believe reapeated hits to the head for the hammer would take him out but Superman would end it in a few punches imo.

Newjak
Superman wins based on feats.

But GL could lose.

quanchi112
Originally posted by SuperiorTech
Would your answer change is Thor was from Dc Superman was from Marvel. No. I always debate based on combat related feats. Thor was just more impressive than Superman is.

biensalsa
No. I always debate based on combat related feats. Thor was just more impressive than Superman is.

Then debate this Einstein

Thor had problems with Hulk, Thor struggled vs Loki.
Hulk had fun with Loki

Hulk has never been shown to be able to move a whole building.

Now swallow this

Superman moved a Moon and turned earth's rotation with the dragging force of his flight.

He faced 3 guys who can do the same wait make that 4 with the nuclear mullet dude.

Just because the kryptonians did't show a fancy move it does not means they can't pop thor's or Hulk's head off.

The power level disparity is so insane that any fighting skill is as irrelevant as your debating skills.

Have a great day Quancake.

quanchi112
Originally posted by biensalsa
Then debate this Einstein

Thor had problems with Hulk, Thor struggled vs Loki.
Hulk had fun with Loki

Hulk has never been shown to be able to move a whole building.

Now swallow this

Superman moved a Moon and turned earth's rotation with the dragging force of his flight.

He faced 3 guys who can do the same wait make that 4 with the nuclear mullet dude.

Just because the kryptonians did't show a fancy move it does not means they can't pop thor's or Hulk's head off.

The power level disparity is so insane that any fighting skill is as irrelevant as your debating skills.

Have a great day Quancake. Thor did have problems with the Hulk but then again he didn't want to defeat the Hulk. Thor restrained himself on the ship because he's smart while you didn't even grasp the scene.

Thor also was trying to redeem Loki and talk things out mid fight. Thor also destroyed Loki in his own movie with Odin's spear iirc. In this movie Thor wasn't all out against him. Hulk also took on Loki who was caught off guard and without weapon iirc.

In your world who cares, right ? Not in mine.

Superman's also been hurt by a manhole cover and stuggled with stopping a busload of people.

Superman didn't beat any of the guys he faced. He needed to outsmart them.

The power advantage wasn't insane by any means. I gave examples. Superman taking bullets to the eye isn't as impressive as the Hulk taking multiple gunfire like it was nothing. Superman gets punched or hit by the hammer. He goes down. Simple.

abhilegend
Thor did have problems with the Hulk but then again he didn't want to defeat the Hulk. Thor restrained himself on the ship because he's smart while you didn't even grasp the scene.

Thor also was trying to redeem Loki and talk things out mid fight. Thor also destroyed Loki in his own movie with Odin's spear iirc. In this movie Thor wasn't all out against him. Hulk also took on Loki who was caught off guard and without weapon iirc.

Superman's also been hurt by a manhole cover and stuggled with stopping a busload of people.

The power advantage wasn't insane by any means. I gave examples. Superman taking bullets to the eye isn't as impressive as the Hulk taking multiple gunfire like it was nothing. Superman gets punched or hit by the hammer. He goes down. Simple.
Hulk was knocked out by getting thrown through builidings. Superman beats both hulk and thor at the same time.

quanchi112
Hulk was knocked out by getting thrown through builidings. Superman beats both hulk and thor at the same time. When ? Just like Solaris was at full power when he was beaten in the dc one million arc. Context is never your friend.

biensalsa
Thor did have problems with the Hulk but then again he didn't want to defeat the Hulk. Thor restrained himself on the ship because he's smart while you didn't even grasp the scene.

Look "fair and balanced" laughing out loud

When you have movie Thor or Hulk moving moon give me a call, otherwise your ANALysis is laughing at

quanchi112
Look "fair and balanced" laughing out loud

When you have movie Thor or Hulk moving moon give me a call, otherwise your ANALysis is laughing at Far less hurt Superman. You don't just debate based on feats alone you look at how their powers work while factoring in durability and how they fight.

abhilegend
When ? Just like Solaris was at full power when he was beaten in the dc one million arc. Context is never your friend.
When blonsky threw him away in TIH.
lolwut? When did I say that? Coming from you its ****ing laughable.Originally posted by quanchi112
Far less hurt Superman. You don't just debate based on feats alone you look at how their powers work while factoring in durability and how they fight.
laughing out loud. Back to trolling quan, huh?

biensalsa
Far less hurt Superman. You don't just debate based on feats alone you look at how their powers work while factoring in durability and how they fight.

Lets see Quancake

You rather be punched by an expert 5 year old martial artist

or by Brian Shaw???

quanchi112
When blonsky threw him away in TIH.
lolwut? When did I say that? Coming from you its ****ing laughable.
laughing out loud. Back to trolling quan, huh? Yes, and Hulk's power/rage was significantly above that in the avengers movie.

I never debate based on feats alone. Just continue to run from me. You lack courage which disgusts me. I don't believe anything you say. 'm a doer and won't waste my time with talkers.

Lets see Quancake

You rather be punched by an expert 5 year old martial artist

or by Brian Shaw??? I'd rather be punched by neither but the point is you are ignoring their powers and abilities and think feats determine the matchup alone. That's isn't looking at the big picture. I do.

abhilegend
Yes, and Hulk's power/rage was significantly above that in the avengers movie.

I never debate based on feats alone. Just continue to run from me. You lack courage which disgusts me. I don't believe anything you say. 'm a doer and won't waste my time with talkers.

I'd rather be punched by neither but the point is you are ignoring their powers and abilities and think feats determine the matchup alone. That's isn't looking at the big picture. I do.
Nope, he was more angry in TIH. Well your trolling continues it seems.

Diesldude

The power advantage wasn't insane by any means. I gave examples. Superman taking bullets to the eye isn't as impressive as the Hulk taking multiple gunfire like it was nothing. Superman gets punched or hit by the hammer. He goes down. Simple. The bias in this post alone is sick..

quanchi112
Nope, he was more angry in TIH. Well your trolling continues it seems. So you believe Hulk was equal to Avengers Hulk ? And yet you have the audacity to accuse me of trolling ? Keep running from me.

biensalsa
Yes, and Hulk's power/rage was significantly above that in the avengers movie.

I'd rather be punched by neither but the point is you are ignoring their powers and abilities and think feats determine the matchup alone. That's isn't looking at the big picture. I do.

He can change the rotation of earth by the dragging force of his flight.

He can move a moon

He can go toe to toe vs guys who can do the same and while they do not seem very skilled at H2H, I imagine that getting punched by a guy who can move a moon it will split someone's skull in half.

Don't you agree?

Oh and you just dodged a question

quanchi112
He can change the rotation of earth by the dragging force of his flight.

He can move a moon

He can go toe to toe vs guys who can do the same and while they do not seem very skilled at H2H, I imagine that getting punched by a guy who can move a moon it will split someone's skull in half.

Don't you agree?

Oh and you just dodged a question So flight has to be factored in. Does Hulk have flight ? Has Hulk ever tried ?

All human beings aren't equal so why should we assume all k-nians are equal. I mean come on. You can't just say we're a race of Mike Tysons since he stands out.

No, I don't as I saw them in combat. Superman didn't best any of them and had ample time to do so. He needed to outsmart them. A fight with 4 of them also didn't cause that much damage at all. Drop Hulk down and he'd wreck the place far worse.

abhilegend
So you believe Hulk was equal to Avengers Hulk ? And yet you have the audacity to accuse me of trolling ? Keep running from me.
Yeah, he was the same hulk. In fact he was angriest when he overpowered blonsky. Obviously you didn't see the movie.

abhilegend
So flight has to be factored in. Does Hulk have flight ? Has Hulk ever tried ?

All human beings aren't equal so why should we assume all k-nians are equal. I mean come on. You can't just say we're a race of Mike Tysons since he stands out.

No, I don't as I saw them in combat. Superman didn't best any of them and had ample time to do so. He needed to outsmart them. A fight with 4 of them also didn't cause that much damage at all. Drop Hulk down and he'd wreck the place far worse.
Hulk needed several punches to wreck a car.

biensalsa
So flight has to be factored in. Does Hulk have flight ? Has Hulk ever tried ?

There is an AVERAGE for humans and judging by your post You don't reach those average levels. There is your answer as to not all equal.

As a matter of fact Nom was stronger than Superman while Ursa was the weakest of them all because she was the woman.

And the fight didn't cause that much damage, really? that is your reasoning? um... He decided to stop the fight because He realized how hopeless it will be to fight 3 guys like him and how many people will die from it, come on Quancake.

Drop down the Hulk in there and Zod will make him to kneel before him. oh and wrecking the place is a feat! Einstein.

quanchi112
Hulk needed several punches to wreck a car. Not when sufficiently angry in the avengers. Again dynamic strength. With lives on the line Superman struggled with a bus full of people.Originally posted by biensalsa
There is an AVERAGE for humans and judging by your post You don't reach those average levels. There is your answer as to not all equal.

As a matter of fact Nom was stronger than Superman while Ursa was the weakest of them all because she was the woman.

And the fight didn't cause that much damage, really? that is your reasoning? um... He decided to stop the fight because He realized how hopeless it will be to fight 3 guys like him and how many people will die from it, come on Quancake.

Drop down the Hulk in there and Zod will make him to kneel before him. oh and wrecking the place is a feat! Einstein. So you believe Superman is equal to Zod and his peers. That's fine. You basically say forget Superman it's just the power level those people are at. You demean Superman but go right on ahead.

Yes, Superman was weaker than Nom so it isn't just the powerset just like with human beings it varies.

Well, you want to argue his awesome strength which he doesn't apparently use since times square didn't go down in the rabble.

Hulk would scare the pigment out of Zod. He'd crush the puny k-nian.

abhilegend
Not when sufficiently angry in the avengers. Again dynamic strength. With lives on the line Superman struggled with a bus full of people. So you believe Superman is equal to Zod and his peers. That's fine. You basically say forget Superman it's just the power level those people are at. You demean Superman but go right on ahead.

Yes, Superman was weaker than Nom so it isn't just the powerset just like with human beings it varies.

Well, you want to argue his awesome strength which he doesn't apparently use since times square didn't go down in the rabble.

laughing out loud @continued trolling. The same superman lifted a whole island but obviously you only take lowest showings.

quanchi112
laughing out loud @continued trolling. The same superman lifted a whole island but obviously you only take lowest showings. Did he use the sun for an amp ? You also ran from our battlezone. That means I own you. I bet your laptop is mysteriously fixed this week.

janus77
Superman solos. More movies and more importantly, movies with comic-book feats.

Thor has nothing approaching Superman's feat catalogue. And IM isn't even a serious consideration here.

I think even GL might beat Thor, going by their respective movies.

abhilegend
Did he use the sun for an amp ? You also ran from our battlezone. That means I own you. I bet your laptop is mysteriously fixed this week.
No, he didn't. My laptop was broken by my little sister and would be delivered to me tomorrow.

quanchi112
No, he didn't. My laptop was broken by my little sister and would be delivered to me tomorrow. I figured once you got out of it that it would mysteriously start working again.

En Sabah Nur X
supes and green win.

abhilegend
I figured once you got out of it that it would mysteriously start working again.
I'm still ready for that BZ and I said that earlier.

quanchi112
I'm still ready for that BZ and I said that earlier. No. You accepted another one and took months. You lied. I'm over it. I told you to hurry up whereas you felt it ok to accept another one ahead of mine. Next battlezone I do the person will do so.

abhilegend
No. You accepted another one and took months. You lied. I'm over it. I told you to hurry up whereas you felt it ok to accept another one ahead of mine. Next battlezone I do the person will do so.
Its been only weeks. Don't be a coward quan.

Don Corleone
Can we sub in movie Silver Surfer for Ironman ? stick out tongue

biensalsa
Not when sufficiently angry in the avengers. Again dynamic strength. With lives on the line Superman struggled with a bus full of people. So you believe Superman is equal to Zod and his peers. That's fine. You basically say forget Superman it's just the power level those people are at. You demean Superman but go right on ahead.

OMG! Quancake

Superman has a concern for the people around unlike other heroes. So he is not going to tear the place out to kill 3 kryptonians.

Actually if You see the movie, 'cuz I doubt you have.

The people around metropolis were causing more problems for Superman as He had to be saving them all the time while the fight is taking place.

quanchi112
Its been only weeks. Don't be a coward quan. You backed down. It's been a month at least. I'll find someone else whose laptop won't conveniently break every time he needs to man up.Originally posted by biensalsa
OMG! Quancake

Superman has a concern for the people around unlike other heroes. So he is not going to tear the place out to kill 3 kryptonians.

Actually if You see the movie, 'cuz I doubt you have.

The people around metropolis were causing more problems for Superman as He had to be saving them all the time while the fight is taking place. And what the avengers were just killing people themselves, right ? They are all heroes who don't take innocents lives lightly. I mean just try and be objective mild salsa.

biensalsa
You backed down. It's been a month at least. I'll find someone else whose laptop won't conveniently break every time he needs to man up. And what the avengers were just killing people themselves, right ? They are all heroes who don't take innocents lives lightly. I mean just try and be objective mild salsa.

No, basically Hulk did not give a shit about the safety of others, he was smashing?

Didn't you see him running like crazy inside a building? wow talk about concern for the innocent bystanders.

And the others were more focused into defeating the armies.

Cap and Thor were more concerned about the safety of others.

quanchi112
No, basically Hulk did not give a shit about the safety of others, he was smashing?

Didn't you see him running like crazy inside a building? wow talk about concern for the innocent bystanders.

And the others were more focused into defeating the armies.

Cap and Thor were more concerned about the safety of others. He sure saved Iron Man didn't he ?
How many innocents died iyo ?

They were a team. If you missed Cap's plan and their Cap's orders well that's you.

biensalsa
He sure saved Iron Man didn't he ?
How many innocents died iyo ?

They were a team. If you missed Cap's plan and their Cap's orders well that's you.

IMO does not really matter in here, people died that is for sure.

Just think about this (if possible) when the leviathan looking things felt into the buildings, you think the buildings were evacuated?

Did it said anywhere the buildings around were evacuated?

Placidity
Superman taking bullets to the eye isn't as impressive as the Hulk taking multiple gunfire like it was nothing

That statement defies logic, but you already knew that. So:

Firstly, congrats:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-IHmZeGAA2pw/Tw9HHzmr2RI/AAAAAAAAB6I/wcW9a5I8Wk0/s1600/troll%2Bface.jpg

Secondly:

http://i50.tinypic.com/2m29szr.jpg
http://i45.tinypic.com/mt2m29.jpg

I think this type of trolling should not be tolerated. It's really not merely a difference of opinion, this guy is genuinely trolling. That is, continuously lying and posting bullshit, which he is aware is bullshit, to provoke a response.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Placidity

Firstly, congrats:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-IHmZeGAA2pw/Tw9HHzmr2RI/AAAAAAAAB6I/wcW9a5I8Wk0/s1600/troll%2Bface.jpg

Secondly:

I think this type of trolling should not be tolerated. It's really not merely a difference of opinion, this guy is genuinely trolling. That is, continuously lying and posting bullshit, which he is aware is bullshit, to provoke a response. I was talking about the avengers hulk. He wasn't even bothered by bullets at all. His rage was much higher than in his own movie. Originally posted by biensalsa
IMO does not really matter in here, people died that is for sure.

Just think about this (if possible) when the leviathan looking things felt into the buildings, you think the buildings were evacuated?

Did it said anywhere the buildings around were evacuated? First off there was a galactic army invading earth with like 6 or 7 people trying to prevent and halt the attack as best they could. I mean that's a lot easier than one guy accounting for 3 villains who initially are focusing on you.

They did the best they could. They didn't throw caution to the win. They are heroes. Quit acting like Superman is cares more about innocent lives than marvel's heroes do.

abhilegend
You backed down. It's been a month at least. I'll find someone else whose laptop won't conveniently break every time he needs to man up. And what the avengers were just killing people themselves, right ? They are all heroes who don't take innocents lives lightly. I mean just try and be objective mild salsa.
laughing out loud
So you are backing down like a *****. Not surprising at all.

Placidity
I was talking about the avengers hulk. He wasn't even bothered by bullets at all. His rage was much higher than in his own movie.

Yes he was. When the F22 started firing, he raised his arm to shield his face, just like he did in TIH.

Hulk was not injured by bullets, but he was clearly affected, and he was bothered as he shielded himself in both movies. The fact that he possibly later walked through them because of his rage doesn't increase his durability - it was basically like Wolverine's berserker mode.

Superman was completely invulnerable to a gatling gun and a bullet to the eye. The bullets were ricocheting off his body at high speeds. Tell me how that doesn't show Superman's vastly superior durability without sounding like a troll or retarded fanboy.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Placidity

Firstly, congrats:

Secondly:

I think this type of trolling should not be tolerated. It's really not merely a difference of opinion, this guy is genuinely trolling. That is, continuously lying and posting bullshit, which he is aware is bullshit, to provoke a response.

QFT

biensalsa
First off there was a galactic army invading earth with like 6 or 7 people trying to prevent and halt the attack as best they could. I mean that's a lot easier than one guy accounting for 3 villains who initially are focusing on you.

They did the best they could. They didn't throw caution to the win. They are heroes. Quit acting like Superman is cares more about innocent lives than marvel's heroes do.

I love the Avengers, I specially like Captain America and I know they are heroes and they try to protect the innocent the best they can.

More heroic than Captain America? Nah. CA is a flea compared to SM and still he will stand up to fight
Less selfish than Tony Stark? Sure
Less arrogant than Thor? Sure
More caring than Hulk? Sure

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.