Who in DC could lift Mjolnir

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ledgic
Who in the DC Universe do you think would be able to lift Thor's hammer? For starters, I'd think Superman could.

Zack Fair
Diana should be able to lift the hammer.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Ledgic
Who in the DC Universe do you think would be able to lift Thor's hammer? For starters, I'd think Superman could. He already failed outside a really harry situation. Diana most likely could lift it not Superman.

Ledgic
Alright. Who else? Aquaman? I mean he is a king and all.

JakeTheBank
Diana would probably be the most likely choice.

Silent Master
Wonder Woman

Superman and Aquaman have zero chance of lifting it.

Prep-Man
could billy do it?

JakeTheBank
I don't think so.

Just being a good person in of itself isn't enough to wield Mjolnir.

Q99
Yea, Billy's very much not a warrior at heart. I think he'd be like Superman- could do it temporarily in an emergency, but he wouldn't normally be able to.

Existere
What are the requirements for lifting Mjolnir?

I remember various people doing it here and there, and Thor spouting about nobody being 'worthy', but I don't remember what criteria falls under 'worthiness'.

Q99
Originally posted by Existere

I remember various people doing it here and there, and Thor spouting about nobody being 'worthy', but I don't remember what criteria falls under 'worthiness'.

It's generally accepted that you need to be good and steadfast, a warrior at heart, and that sort of thing. An attitude similar to Thor's helps.

The ones who have qualified are Captain America, Beta Ray Bill, Eric Masterson, and that type.

SuperiorTech

This I have not seen anyone even from Marvel agree what it conclusively takes to lift that hammer.

marwash22
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Diana should be able to lift the hammer. mjolnir is a hammer, not a frying pan. 313

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Q99
It's generally accepted that you need to be good and steadfast, a warrior at heart, and that sort of thing. An attitude similar to Thor's helps.

The ones who have qualified are Captain America, Beta Ray Bill, Eric Masterson, and that type.

thumb up

Someone like Silver Surfer, a noble being who is a pacifist at heart cannot lift the hammer. Ben Grimm, a human being with one of the greatest hearts in comicdom (albeit flawed) also can't lift the hammer.

Flyattractor
Superman should be able too,cause he is a GOOD PERSON. Heck that jerk Thor can lift it,
And as for Diana/Wonder Woman. Would depend on which version of her.
The more BITCHY kinds I would say no.

abhilegend
Every robot can.no expression

CosmicComet
Anyone who can manipulate gravity pretty much.

Proven at least twice with Iron Man and Rulk.

vin

Flyattractor
Ma and Pa kent.

Q99
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Superman should be able too,cause he is a GOOD PERSON. Heck that jerk Thor can lift it,

It's not purely a goodness thing.

Di really isn't 'bitchy' in any of the main versions's runs.

Though if you mean maybe Odyssey Diana or Flashpoint, yea, I'd agree.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Q99
It's not purely a goodness thing.

Di really isn't 'bitchy' in any of the main versions.

Though if you mean maybe Odyssey Diana or Flashpoint, yea, I'd agree. Then what kind of a "thing" is it?
Some douchy "warrior" schtick?
Being a egotistical glory hogging show off?
And yes. The more PC PREACHY versions of Di shouldn't be able to.

JakeTheBank
Then what kind of a "thing" is it?
Being a egotistical glory hogging show off?
And yes. The more PC PREACHY versions of Di shouldn't be able to.

Being a selfless noble warrior who values and honors peace but knows the importance of being able to wage war.

Ie. Thor, Captain America, Beta Ray Bill, etc.

abhilegend
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Being a selfless noble warrior who values and honors peace but knows the importance of being able to wage war.

Ie. Thor, Captain America, Beta Ray Bill, etc.
Or a robot.

Q99

Yes?

I mean, it was made for a Norse *warrior* god to fight frost giants with.

You mean the flanderized versions that don't, technically speaking, exist?

Zack Fair
What about Orion?

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by abhilegend
Or a robot.

Which isn't the same as being worthy, but rather an exploitable loophole. And it would have to be a soulless robot as well. Red Tornado, for example, couldn't do it.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Q99

Yes?

I mean, it was made for a Norse *warrior* god to fight frost giants with.

You mean the flanderized versions that don't, technically speaking, exist? Possibly. I mean how many retcons has WW gone thru in just the last few years.

And by that logic. THE GALL DERN BATMAN COULD PIC UP DA HAMMNER!

JakeTheBank
What about Orion?

He's borderline psycho half of the time. stick out tongue

Though, to be fair, so is Fraction-Thor. mmm

CosmicComet
What about Orion?

Orion will f*ck Mjolnir till its forced to accept him as worthy.

JakeTheBank
And by that logic. THE GALL DERN BATMAN COULD PIC UP DA HAMMNER!

That is the day I stop reading comics.

Q99
colorPossibly. I mean how many retcons has WW gone thru in just the last few years.

Three. Odyssey, Flashpoint, and current.

Still, it's like how some people who don't read Superman has a really exaggerated view of his 'boyscoutness'. There's never been an actual "Preachy PC version," in her comic (some weak runs, but not the same thing).

The retcons and alt versions tend to be more 'dark' versions of WW (overlooking that Classic WW is known for declaring war on people or civilizations and then making it stick).

I don't think the sneaky type is really in line with the Norse warrior thing.

Flyattractor
That is the day I stop reading comics. eh....I will wait for the movie.

abhilegend
Which isn't the same as being worthy, but rather an exploitable loophole. And it would have to be a soulless robot as well. Red Tornado, for example, couldn't do it.
The OP didn't say anything about worthiness. Air walker had a soul, right?

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Q99

Three. Odyssey, Flashpoint, and current.

Still, it's like how some people who don't read Superman has a really exaggerated view of his 'boyscoutness'. There's never been an actual "Preachy PC version," in her comic (some weak runs, but not the same thing).

The retcons and alt versions tend to be more 'aggressive' or 'dark' versions of WW (overlooking that Classic WW is known for declaring war on people or civilizations and then making it stick).

I don't think the sneaky type is really in line with the Norse warrior thing.

Pretty much.

I never understood why people think Diana is a hypocrite or overly preachy; having ready hundreds upon hundreds of WW comics, I never got that impression, not as a whole and definitely not on the average. And Superman's boyscout schtick is also exaggerated, as well. He's a good guy, but for the past couple of decades, he's never hesitated to show someone what's what.

abhilegend
That is the day I stop reading comics.
durly

JakeTheBank
durly

Very much so.

The idea of Batman being worthy offends me to the very core. You may as well let Hulk lift the damn thing.

Flyattractor
http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m28rb4jf5t1rqnzpoo1_400.gif

Nietzschean
Originally posted by Q99

The ones who have qualified are Captain America, Beta Ray Bill, Eric Masterson, and that type. Eric Masterson was given a free pass with the hammer due to being close to Thor but he wasnt worthy to lift it without Thor or Odin allowing it.

Hyperion Prime
Originally posted by SuperiorTech
This I have not seen anyone even from Marvel agree what it conclusively takes to lift that hammer.

this

Nietzschean
Originally posted by Hyperion Prime
this A noble warrior like Thor who shares similar key traits that Thor has in order to lift it.

I am sure people will agree with this. wink

DarkSaint85
Haha can imagine Lobo 'not doing logic' and lifiting it.....

Why wouldn't Aquaman be able to do it? Especially the long-haired, hook handed one.

Nietzschean
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Haha can imagine Lobo 'not doing logic' and lifiting it.....

Why wouldn't Aquaman be able to do it? Especially the long-haired, hook handed one. same reason Namor cant, too much of a d*ck.

DarkSaint85
Really? I always saw Namor with his Imperius Sex as more of a dick, maybe my dick tolerating levels (snigger) are higher than others.

What made people here think of him as a dick? There WAS the whole 'Atlantis is more important than you surface dwelllers' thing, but the rest of the JLA admitted that they agreed with him on this.

Q99
Yea, it's people who look at the series from a distance and get the wrong impression.

I mean, in the past I've seen Captain America get some of that too.

I think it's something that strikes any character who's something of an icon and who's schtick is partially to inspire others. Just because they're actually doing it by example and treat pretty much everyone as equals, doesn't change some people want to see them as out-of-touch idealists or preachers who tell people what to do.

Originally posted by DarkSaint85

What made people here think of him as a dick? There WAS the whole 'Atlantis is more important than you surface dwelllers' thing, but the rest of the JLA admitted that they agreed with him on this.

Or rather more, "The whole of the oceans is very important!".

Honestly I could see Aquaman doing it.

Bare minimum in a Eric Masterson situation.

Hulkbuster1
Superman couldn't lift it and everybody else in dc is to weak or a clone of superman. The only person that might have a chance is Batman with prep. time.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Hulkbuster1
Superman couldn't lift it and everybody else in dc is to weak or a clone of superman. The only person that might have a chance is Batman with prep. time.
facepalm

Existere
thumb up

Someone like Silver Surfer, a noble being who is a pacifist at heart cannot lift the hammer. Ben Grimm, a human being with one of the greatest hearts in comicdom (albeit flawed) also can't lift the hammer. Yeah, see, I can name lots of people who can't lift the hammer.

I'd rather see the Venn diagram of the common traits shared by those who can lift it.

Sounds like Hawkman might be able to lift it.

Q99
Yeah, see, I can name lots of people who can't lift the hammer.

I'd rather see the Venn diagram of the common traits shared by those who can lift it.

Well, those who have lifted it is a very short list, and most of them are very similar to Thor in many respects.

And some of them can for reasons other than worthiness (I.e. Odin can override the enchantment that determines who's worthy).

Hulkbuster1
facepalm Well in the cross over he couldn't isn't superman the strongest dc has? it can't be uncle sam because america right now worships outsourcing and japanese coulture so he'd be weak. batman has overcome obstacles with prep time...im sure something in his belt could help or maybe BATMITE hands him a Marvel instruction manual?

Existere
Originally posted by Q99
Well, those who have lifted it is a very short list, and most of them are very similar to Thor in many respects.

And some of them can for reasons other than worthiness (I.e. Odin can override the enchantment that determines who's worthy). I know, I know, I just don't think listing who fails to be worthy for reasons X, Y or Z helps narrow down the list of who actually could pull it off.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Hulkbuster1
Well in the cross over he couldn't isn't superman the strongest dc has? it can't be uncle sam because america right now worships outsourcing and japanese coulture so he'd be weak. batman has overcome obstacles with prep time...im sure something in his belt could help or maybe BATMITE hands him a Marvel instruction manual? Originally posted by abhilegend
facepalm

Q99
I know, I know, I just don't think listing who fails to be worthy for reasons X, Y or Z helps narrow down the list of who actually could pull it off.

One way to take it is maybe we have covered all the people who can.

Cogito
Superman is a warrior. He'll fight a war when he needs to. Look a the DC One Million storyline where he left Earth and fought wars on the edge of space/time for who knows how many centuries...or the dozens of other similar examples.

Silent Master
Originally posted by Cogito
Superman is a warrior. He'll fight a war when he needs to. Look a the DC One Million storyline where he left Earth and fought wars on the edge of space/time for who knows how many centuries...or the dozens of other similar examples.

And yet, he isn't worthy.

-K-M-
Obvious answer....DC's version of Thor, and yes there is one

quanchi112
Superman is a warrior. He'll fight a war when he needs to. Look a the DC One Million storyline where he left Earth and fought wars on the edge of space/time for who knows how many centuries...or the dozens of other similar examples. He's not the warrior Thor is.

Cogito
Originally posted by -K-M-
Obvious answer....DC's version of Thor, and yes there is one

http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb378/CogitoXP/th_DCThor.jpg

-K-M-
Originally posted by quanchi112
He's not the warrior Thor is.

and yet he has fought in Asgard (Superman) for over a 1000 years. ie. Action Comics #761

quanchi112
and yet he has fought in Asgard (Superman) for over a 1000 years. ie. Action Comics #761 Dc's asgard. Do you believe dc's asgard is equal to marvel's ?

-K-M-
Dc's asgard. Do you believe dc's asgard is equal to marvel's ?

No, but I wasn't comparing the two now was I?

but Superman has beat the warrior Thor in the Avengers/JLA crossover so guess he is a warrior ;p

quanchi112
No, but I wasn't comparing the two now was I?

but Superman has beat the warrior Thor in the Avengers/JLA crossover so guess he is a warrior ;p 1,000 years is also a drop in a pond to Thor. airwalker also ko'd Thor that doesn't make him a better warrior. If Thor went all out it'd be over quickly. Also points at how he went from being ko'd by Airwalker to killing him with one attack as an example.

Like I said Thor is a better warrior. Superman's a very good warrior just not up to Thor's standards imo.

-K-M-
1,000 years is also a drop in a pond to Thor. airwalker also ko'd Thor that doesn't make him a better warrior. If Thor went all out it'd be over quickly. Also points at how he went from being ko'd by Airwalker to killing him with one attack as an example.

Like I said Thor is a better warrior. Superman's a very good warrior just not up to Thor's standards imo.

That was a tongue and cheek comment hence the "wink", also most of the Asgards don't remember their previous lives after the various Ragnarok's (unless that's changed) and as far as I know this version of Thor is roughly 2,000 years old?

Thor definetly is, but just saying Superman is right up there

Nietzschean
Superman isnt a Warrior. going to asgard and fighting for a 1000 yrs is a good start but unless he is willing to actually kill in War he isnt one.

Cogito
Superman has killed before, albeit very begrudgingly.

Nietzschean
Superman has killed before, albeit very begrudgingly. why do u guys try so hard to make Superman fit all boxes. he isnt a warrior he doesnt have the mentality or attitude.

being a warrior is a profession not something u are because u decided to finally kill someone once in a great moon

Cogito
Nobody's trying to paint a different picture.

Just pointing out the facts. Superman has fought wars for thousands of years and Superman has purposefully killed before. If that doesn't make him a warrior, then shit son, I don't know what could.

Nietzschean
Nobody's trying to paint a different picture.

Just pointing out the facts. Superman has fought wars for thousands of years and Superman has purposefully killed before. If that doesn't make him a warrior, then shit son, I don't know what could. It doesnt. just like there is a clear difference between a warrior and a soldier. no expression

I also have to point out that even asgardian noble warriors cant lift his hammer solely based on being asgardian, noble, a warrior and having fought battles for millenniums to boot

Q99
Superman has killed before, albeit very begrudgingly.

Yea, the 'very begrudgingly' part isn't a very norse attitude.

byrdgang21
Could someone w/ really powerful TK lift the hammer? Has anything like that ever been shown?

janus77
Batman, but he doesn't have a spot on his utility belt for it. It's either mjolnir or the battarangs, and he's made his choice.

Nietzschean
Originally posted by janus77
Batman, but he doesn't have a spot on his utility belt for it. It's either mjolnir or the battarangs, and he's made his choice. laughing

quanchi112
That was a tongue and cheek comment hence the "wink", also most of the Asgards don't remember their previous lives after the various Ragnarok's (unless that's changed) and as far as I know this version of Thor is roughly 2,000 years old?

Thor definetly is, but just saying Superman is right up there Thor's a lot older than 2,000 years. Superman is a few tiers down. Superman isn't the warrior Wonderwoman is. She's closer to Thor in terms of being a great warrior than Superman is.

beast1234
Orion and Majestic.

Diesldude
How can someone lift half of infinity but can't lift an enchantment. The only explanation is that superman has a weakness to magic. Remove this bs weakness and superman lifts it regardless if he is worthy or not. Superman also fought the entire green lantern corp for 50 years. This probably included the guardians

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Diesldude
How can someone lift half of infinity but can't lift an enchantment. The only explanation is that superman has a weakness to magic. Remove this bs weakness and superman lifts it regardless if he is worthy or not. Superman also fought the entire green lantern corp for 50 years. This probably included the guardians

....what?

Diesldude
Yeah, superman fought the entire green lantern corp for 50 years. I'll get the scan when I am near my PC but that's a crazy feat.

JakeTheBank
I'm aware of that. But I'm not sure how lifting half of infinity translates into him overriding Mjolnir's enchantment. It doesn't really have anything to do with his weakness/disadvantage to magic, either.

Blight
Seems Jakethebank has this down.

Do you think Hawkman would be worthy? He certainly seems to value the notion of War but I wonder if he's too aggressive.

JakeTheBank
I think Carter has a decent shot at it. Majestic, too. Orion...depends on the characterization. Guy has rage issues that'd make Hulk proud.

Blight
Would Azrael be too peaceful?

What about Atom?

Galan007
Superman, Captain Marvel (Billy), and Alan for sure.

Don't see Majestic lifting it, though. The fella isn't the most mentally stable.

Diesldude
I'm aware of that. But I'm not sure how lifting half of infinity translates into him overriding Mjolnir's enchantment. It doesn't really have anything to do with his weakness/disadvantage to magic, either. . What's holding the hammer down? Its not infinite power. Superman has lifted/held up/ pushed back infinite weight. He should be able to counter whatever it is that's holding the hammer down but since its magic based he fails.

Silent Master
Superman isn't worthy.

JakeTheBank
. What's holding the hammer down? Its not infinite power. Superman has lifted/held up/ pushed back infinite weight. He should be able to counter whatever it is that's holding the hammer down but since its magic based he fails.

So do you think Earth-5 Captain Marvel could lift it as he lifted half of infinity and has no such magic weakness?

the Darkone
I believe Wonder Woman, Orion, and maybe captain marvel

roughrider
. What's holding the hammer down? Its not infinite power. Superman has lifted/held up/ pushed back infinite weight. He should be able to counter whatever it is that's holding the hammer down but since its magic based he fails.

It's magic, measuring your worth. It helps to have the spirit of a warrior born, who will do whatever is necessary. Superman is too much the peacemaker type to be that. Wonder Woman and Captain Marvel are the two who have picked it up in crossovers, and I believe that is for a good reason.

biensalsa
Red Tornado, Amazo, Diana, Metal men, Maybe Black Adam?

Infinite man, Superboy Prime lifts the Hammer with the Hammer still attached to the planet.

namorsubby
Diana, Superman, Bruce Wayne.......basically anyone.

Silent Master
Superman and Batman aren't worthy.

JayDaDon
Diana.

JayDaDon
Originally posted by namorsubby

Ok you like DC very much we get it. stick out tongue

Stoic
Probably Orion, Captain Marvel (Billy), Wonder Woman. None of them would be able to forcibly lift it though.

biensalsa
Originally posted by Silent Master
Superman and Batman aren't worthy.

Are You Odin to know who can and can't?

Sr J-Bieb
Thor could lift it IMO

namorsubby
Originally posted by JayDaDon
Ok you like DC very much we get it. stick out tongue DC characters generally have more integrity. Marvel characters are generally blatant imitations of DC characters.lol

Nietzschean
DC characters generally have more integrity. Marvel characters are generally blatant imitations of DC characters.lol like who?
the same can be said for various characters in the DCU

Sr J-Bieb
Namorshubby is just mad that Jim Hammond and Namor turned out to be total busts in their universe

Hulkbuster1
dr. polaris nuff said

roughrider
DC characters generally have more integrity. Marvel characters are generally blatant imitations of DC characters.lol

DC would love to imitate Marvel's greater success in publishing and in movies. stick out tongue

Silent Master
DC characters generally have more integrity. Marvel characters are generally blatant imitations of DC characters.lol

Neither Superman or Batman are worthy.

Mindset
Kyle Rayner.

Lunacyde
Not a DC character, but Snake-Eyes is most certainly worthy.

roughrider

roll eyes (sarcastic)

namorsubby
Bruce has more nobility in his left bat ear than thor has in his whole mythical body.lol

namorsubby
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
Namorshubby is just mad that Jim Hammond and Namor turned out to be total busts in their universe You take that back!!!!! mad laughing

Colossus-Big C
Does lifting it with telepathy count?

Silent Master
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
Does lifting it with telepathy count?

How do you lift something with telepathy?

Mindset
Very carefully.

namorsubby
Originally posted by Silent Master
How do you lift something with telepathy? Some comic characters do that.

quanchi112
Diana, Superman, Bruce Wayne.......basically anyone. Superman already failed to do so.

JakeTheBank
lol @ Batman lifting Mjolnir. He's less likely to lift it than either Wonder Woman or Superman.

Horrificus
Hal Jordan

Existere
DC characters generally have more integrity. Marvel characters are generally blatant imitations of DC characters.lol lol wut

Q99
Captain America, Spider-man, the Hulk, Fantastic Four, X-men... there's a share of original characters there.

Originally posted by byrdgang21
Could someone w/ really powerful TK lift the hammer? Has anything like that ever been shown?

I think so, but it'd just be moving the hammer. It wouldn't be wielding it with all that entails.

----

Hm, I'm trying to think of who else might qualify. Starfire'd have the warrior heart side of things at least.

deathlife
Pre-Nu52 Billy Batson (current one is a douche).

BullwinkleMoose
Anyone in DC that is above Odin could lift it simply by being above Odin's Enchantment or they could just remove the enchantment itself.

rougeredmage
i would say i think will all confidence that DC thor can hold and wield it

JayDaDon

The most classic characters marvel has are some of the most original heroes in comics. As for the first part of your post, sure Batman is just the image of integrity when everything he does stems from a very dark and ugly place.

BTW dc has ripped off marvel characters too, no big deal.

Galan007
DC characters generally have more integrity. Marvel characters are generally blatant imitations of DC characters.lol Truth. thumb up

JayDaDon
Also if batman could lift it, doom should have been able to lift the s#it out of it.

Q99
Originally posted by BullwinkleMoose
Anyone in DC that is above Odin could lift it simply by being above Odin's Enchantment or they could just remove the enchantment itself.

Of course, Black Alice can goink any enchantment ^^

Hm, that gets me thinking about magic types. The members of the Shadowpacts are pretty selfless and awesome.

Zauriel is a warrior angel. I can see him being worthy.

Nietzschean
Batman was a Blatant rip off of Zorro.
Superman was a modernized version of Samson.
Blue Beetle is a rip off Spiderman to an extent
Lobo was a satire depiction of Wolverine the Anti-Hero taken to an extreme.
Wonder Woman is a rip off of Superman and The WW2 era working feminine movement poster.

Gunfire is a rip off of Gambit
Argus is a Rip off of Daredevil
Guardian is a rip off of Captain America
Loose Cannon rip off of Hulk as is Doomsday

need I go on?

Galan007
Originally posted by Nietzschean
Wonder Woman is a rip off of Wonder Woman confused

Nietzschean
Originally posted by Galan007
confused I meant Superman. I always get those two confused for some reason. confused

Colossus-Big C
Black Adam definitely lifts it

Hyperion Prime
Orion, Wonder Woman, Captain marvel and I also beleive Black Adam

Q99

Ah, but Wolverine was in turn inspired by Timber Wolf of the Legion of Superheroes.

Silent Master

Only if the enchantment is removed.

Nietzschean
Originally posted by Q99
Ah, but Wolverine was in turn inspired by Timber Wolf of the Legion of Superheroes. are you sure, could it not simply be a simple coincidence?

even if it wasnt Timberwolf is a blatant rip off of mythological werewolf.

Q99
are you sure, could it not simply be a simple coincidence?

Brooding loner of the team with feral animal powers like claws, strength, and fast healing.

Not very likely.

Not really, mythological werewolves transformed, lost control of themselves, and attack anyone as their human self is lost in wolf form.

The modern werewolf where they still retain a mind came, like, in the 80s, way down the road after these characters.

And Timber Wolf doesn't transform.

abhilegend
Wonder Woman is a rip off of Superman and The WW2 era working feminine movement poster.

need I go on?
How is ANY version of blue beetle rip off of spidey?

roughrider

Debatable...but a case could be made, since he is favoured by the Egyptian Gods.

Q99
How is ANY version of blue beetle rip off of spidey?

Teenage, quips a lot, gets power he doesn't ask for then becomes a hero with it because it's the right thing to do, lives with his family despite heroing, bug motif (even if Jaime's originated from a line going back way before Spidey).

I mean, they've got a whole lot of differences but Jaime is definitely from the Peter Parker school of superheroics.

JakeTheBank
It's debatable Batson could lift Mjolnir. Teth isn't doing it, not with the amount of innocent blood on his hands.

Nietzschean
How is ANY version of blue beetle rip off of spidey? Do you know who the co-creator of spiderman is?
do u know who created blue beetle?

Do you not see a similarity of the insect motif?
the new BB is also a young inexperience teenager who acquired super powers.

guess who this guy was inspired by.

http://c0113302.cdn.cloudfiles.rackspacecloud.com/d0f04d58dba0df8d2946971047f8c895_l.jpg

namorsubby

need I go on? those are at the very last partially incorrect. Also I thought we were doing imitations between the the two companies, but whatever.

Hulk - solomon grundy
Sentry/gladiator-Superman
Daredevil-original daredevil (not from dc)
Moonknight-batman
deadpool-deathstroke
Thanos-darkseid

Need I go on? Lol

JakeTheBank
Hulk is inspired by Frankenstein and Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Q99
Teenage, quips a lot, gets power he doesn't ask for then becomes a hero with it because it's the right thing to do, lives with his family despite heroing, bug motif (even if Jaime's originated from a line going back way before Spidey).

I mean, they've got a whole lot of differences but Jaime is definitely from the Peter Parker school of superheroics.
That's called inspiration for a character, not a rip-off. I can name several heroes in marvel who are inspired by superman but aren't a rip-off.

namorsubby
Hulk is inspired by Frankenstein and Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. partially.....physically speaking he is modeled after solomon grundy. He was at first grey.

Nietzschean
those are at the very last partially incorrect.

Hulk - solomon grundy
Sentry/gladiator-Superman
Daredevil-original daredevil (not from dc)
Moonknight-batman
deadpool-deathstroke
Thanos-darkseid

Need I go on? Lol keep going.

The New Gods are based off of Erick Von Daniken theory and book Chariot of the Gods and their artistic depiction is meso american art motif using squares and jagged edge patterns.

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070918233312/marvel_dc/images/b/be/Barda_kirby.jpg

abhilegend
Do you know who the co-creator of spiderman is?
do u know who created blue beetle?

Do you not see a similarity of the insect motif?
the new BB is also a young inexperience teenager who acquired super powers.

guess who this guy was inspired by.

http://c0113302.cdn.cloudfiles.rackspacecloud.com/d0f04d58dba0df8d2946971047f8c895_l.jpg
Yeah, Steve Ditko.
Holy exaggeration batman, spidey has a red blue costume with a symbol on his chest, is a nerd and loser in his secret identity and work at a newspaper called DAILY BUGLE. He is a rip-off of superman, right? Other than having a bug motiff in common, the original BB has little in commo with spidey.

So was kyle rayner and a number of other heroes.

An inspiration, certainly possible. A rip-off, no. Not anymore than Thor is a rip-off of superman.

namorsubby
My point was that dc characters are often the direct influence behind marvel characters. I wasn't trying to disprove that comic characters in general are influenced by various and random subjects. You seem to have lost sight of that lol

Nietzschean
Wolfen obvious rip off of Wolverine and possibly Beast
Viking a blatant rip off of Thor

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/8119/406145-178444-wolfen_large.jpg

Nietzschean
My point was that dc characters are often the direct influence behind marvel characters. I wasn't trying to disprove that comic characters in general are influenced by various and random subjects. You seem to have lost sight of that lol nah, i didnt.

I was also trying to make a similar point to those people crying about character theft and lack of originality.

abhilegend
Wolfen obvious rip off of Wolverine and possibly Beast
Viking a blatant rip off of Thor

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/8119/406145-178444-wolfen_large.jpg
They were designed for that purpose.
Superman rip-offs in marvel, Gladiator, Count nefaria, Hyperion, Ethan Edwards, and many others. Quasar and nova are rip-off of GL, Dr. Strange is a rip-off of Dr. Fate, Fantastic four are rip-off of Chalangers of The Unknown, X-men are rip-off of Doom patrol, etc.

JakeTheBank
They were designed for that purpose.
Superman rip-offs in marvel, Gladiator, Count nefaria, Hyperion, Ethan Edwards, and many others. Quasar and nova are rip-off of GL, Dr. Strange is a rip-off of Dr. Fate, Fantastic four are rip-off of Chalangers of The Unknown, X-men are rip-off of Doom patrol, etc.

I'll give you Glads, Hyperion, Ethan Edwards, Sentry, and others, but really, outside of the flying brick powerset, I don't see Nefaria being a Superman rip-off. The source of his powers, origins, and conceptional creation are completely different, imho.

Nietzschean
Doom Patrol was a Rip off of The Munsters and Addams Family. angel

Cogito
Originally posted by Q99

Hold up.

You're using the wrong Blue Beetle.

The original DC Blue Beetle (http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Daniel_Garrett_(Earth-Four)) was created in 1964 and had powers nothing like Spiderman. He was then succeeded by Ted Kord in 1986, who had no powers whatsoever. Jaime didn't come about until 2006.

But then, all of those were based on an original Blue Beetle that wasn't technically DC (http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Daniel_Garret_(Earth-Four)) who was created in 1939.

abhilegend
I'll give you Glads, Hyperion, Ethan Edwards, Sentry, and others, but really, outside of the flying brick powerset, I don't see Nefaria being a Superman rip-off. The source of his powers, origins, and conceptional creation are completely different, imho.
The rest don't match to superman either other than power sets. Nefaria was a rip-off of golden age superman who couldn't fly, just jump high.

rotiart
This's one of those: who is writing moments... It really depends...

I could see arguments made for superman, Hal, and probably another half dozen heros ..etc...

JayDaDon
Yeah, Steve Ditko.
Holy exaggeration batman, spidey has a red blue costume with a symbol on his chest, is a nerd and loser in his secret identity and work at a newspaper called DAILY BUGLE. He is a rip-off of superman, right? Other than having a bug motiff in common, the original BB has little in commo with spidey.

So was kyle rayner and a number of other heroes.

An inspiration, certainly possible. A rip-off, no. Not anymore than Thor is a rip-off of superman.

How is Thor inspired by supes? Just because he's strong? confused

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>