Medichlorian counts

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ledgic
What are their medichlorian counts? Just say over X

1. Obi-Wan Kenobi
2. Yoda
3. Qui-Gon Jinn
4. Galen Marek
5. Darth Maul
6. Emperor Palpatine
7. Count Dooku
8. Princess Leis
9. Ect...

Q99
We never get any numerical expression of them given.

Anakin obviously has the highest ever, followed by Luke and probably Leia.

Palps has at least as many as Yoda.

Dooku, Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, Maul, etc. are down a bit.

Ledgic
I know non were stated but what's everyones opinions on it? And also that's why I didn't put Anakin or Luke because they were stated to both be over 20,000

Lord Lucien
Where was it stated for Luke?

Q99
The thing it we really don't have a baseline. Is a normal person 5 or 100?

Is a normal Jedi 500 or 2,000? Are most of the strong Sith Lords and Jedi Masters 9,000 or 15,000? We really can't judge a scale much with the only examples being "the best ever are over 20k."

Ledgic
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Where was it stated for Luke?

George Lucas said Anakin and Luke had the same number of medichlorians and Force potential, therefore he is also over 20,000

Zampanó
um...
wat?

Q99

Zampanó
Originally posted by Q99
They were equals when they were both at peak/Yoda having more experience. Seems pretty straitforward to me.
I understand the sentiment but I refuse to draw a straight line between power level and midichlorian count.

I can't say you're wrong, though, so I'll cede the point.

Q99
While I wouldn't say it's a strait line in most cases, I'd say that when people have more-or-less maxed out in skill (baring stuff like becoming a wound in the force, returning from the dead, gaining artifacts, etc.), then a power similarity is likely because of a similar count, and a power difference is likely because one simply has more potential.

MewlingQuim
The avg. midi-chlorian count per cell in a sentient life form is 2,500 according to Imperial medical records (Death Star). Imperial stormtrooper Nova Stihl has double that count and is slightly Force sensitive, in that he experiences rudimentary prescience and is psychically affected by the destruction of Alderaan.

In the Tenebrous Way, Tenebrous speculates that the Chosen One prophecy would require a midi-chlorian count "far beyond his own" and speculates that "the 'savior' might have a midi-chlorian count as high as fifteen thousand!" This implies that such a count is unheard of.

Obi-Wan's remark in The Phantom Menace suggests that Yoda possesses the highest known midi-chlorian count either at the time or in recorded history prior to Anakin.

Thus it is difficult to pinpoint exact figures, but the likes of Yoda and Sidious probably trail behind Anakin by an order of several thousand.

Q99
Ah, that 2,500 and 'doubled is a bit force sensitive' gives us some nice figures.

If 5,000 is only a bit force sensitive, then that says most Jedi are probably clustered together. Like 6-7k might be minimum, and 10k+ is what particularly strong members of the Jedi council may have.

Maybe Yoda/Sids in the 13~k range.

Pwned
Originally posted by Q99
........"the best ever ....... 20k." IT'S OVER 9000!!!!11!111!111!

Sorry, obligatory internet-ness.

SmileyPredator
Originally posted by Q99
Anakin obviously has the highest ever, followed by Luke and probably Leia.
I thought Anakin had the most ever at the time his count was measured

Luke could've had more?

Why?

Q99
Originally posted by SmileyPredator
I thought Anakin had the most ever at the time his count was measured

Luke could've had more?

Probably somewhat less, but in a pretty close league.

Answered above, "They were equals when they were both at peak/Yoda having more experience."

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by MewlingQuim
The avg. midi-chlorian count per cell in a sentient life form is 2,500 according to Imperial medical records (Death Star). Imperial stormtrooper Nova Stihl has double that count and is slightly Force sensitive, in that he experiences rudimentary prescience and is psychically affected by the destruction of Alderaan.

In the Tenebrous Way, Tenebrous speculates that the Chosen One prophecy would require a midi-chlorian count "far beyond his own" and speculates that "the 'savior' might have a midi-chlorian count as high as fifteen thousand!" This implies that such a count is unheard of.

Obi-Wan's remark in The Phantom Menace suggests that Yoda possesses the highest known midi-chlorian count either at the time or in recorded history prior to Anakin.

Thus it is difficult to pinpoint exact figures, but the likes of Yoda and Sidious probably trail behind Anakin by an order of several thousand.
So 15000 and above is rare....

But then how many individuals have been tested for midichlorian count in the whole history of Star Wars?

Midichlorian counts of even Yoda and Sidious are unknown. Yoda had been tested for midichlorian count for sure but exact figure has not been revealed yet. And was Sidious ever tested?

Some old individuals possibly had very high midichlorian counts too but no concrete data is available. Revan is decent example. He was noted for his great affinity with the Force.

--------------------------

It should be kept in mind that midichlorian count alone does not determines the power of an individual. Power can be enhanced through unnatural means. Vitiate is decent example. Though Vitiate was possibly greatly attuned to the Force as well - keeping his legend in mind.

Darth Ray Park
8. Princess Leis - son of chosen one
3. Qui-Gon Jinn - one of the oens on mortis
4. Galen Marek - really powerful at 20 years of age
5. Darth Maul - really powerful at 18 years od age, but not as good as tsa
6. Emperor Palpatine - more powerful than yoda and younger
2. Yoda - had a midichlorian account over 20,000
1. Obi-Wan Kenobi - one of the greatest jedis ever has ebaten darth maul, asajji ventress, the chosen one, general grievous, durge, daryh krayt
7. Count Dooku - not very good was very old and barely better than mace windu

9. Ect...

Major Valerian
Originally posted by Q99
They were equals when they were both at peak/Yoda having more experience. Seems pretty straitforward to me.

If 'at peak' you mean ROTS, then yes. But the thing is, ROTS is not Palpatine's peak...

Darth Ray Park
IT's not all about MD accounts anywya. Some poepple like Niihlus and Qui-Gon become powerful due to circumstance more than force strength. For Qui-Gon it was his training with the Wheels, becomeing one with the force and joining the family of the Ones on Mortis. For Darth Nihilus it was his hunger, and being stripper of his body and becoming a wound in the force. With Zonama and her mother it is because of how big they are, and The Keeper has control over entire planet.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Darth Ray Park
For Darth Nihilus it was his hunger, and being stripper

Q99
IT's not all about MD accounts anywya. Some poepple like Niihlus and Qui-Gon become powerful due to circumstance more than force strength. For Qui-Gon it was his training with the Wheels, becomeing one with the force and joining the family of the Ones on Mortis. For Darth Nihilus it was his hunger, and being stripper of his body and becoming a wound in the force. With Zonama and her mother it is because of how big they are, and The Keeper has control over entire planet.

Also, anyone who died, and then came back, seem to get a boost.

Both Sidious and Krayt benefited from this.

Arhael
Originally posted by Q99
Also, anyone who died, and then came back, seem to get a boost.

Both Sidious and Krayt benefited from this.
Krayt yes but Sidious don't think so. Sidious learned new power (Force Storm) and got his fitness back but in terms of power I believe in RotJ he was over the top already considering immense explosion caused by his death. So really his boost was his younger body and new Force ability but not the power itself.

Lord Lucien
Meh, Kazdan Paratus exploded pretty bigly too.

Major Valerian
A few years back we, teh people of teh forums, considered DE Sidious as the most powerful Sith Lord ever.

Lord Lucien
Weren't those the days.

Jinsoku Takai
For Qui-Gon it was... becomeing one with the force and joining the family of the Ones on Mortis.

Good God man!!!!!! Stop w/ the retarded bullshit. QGJ didn't join the Ones on Mortis.

Q99
Originally posted by Arhael
Krayt yes but Sidious don't think so. Sidious learned new power (Force Storm) and got his fitness back but in terms of power I believe in RotJ he was over the top already considering immense explosion caused by his death. So really his boost was his younger body and new Force ability but not the power itself.

I think passing through death is what gave him the insight needed for new powers, though.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Major Valerian
A few years back we, teh people of teh forums, considered DE Sidious as the most powerful Sith Lord ever.

He still largely is. Nihilus or Traya may be able to defeat him in a fight (may), but only due to their completely broken Drain. That isn't a representation of power. Other than that there really aren't many who legitimately challenge him. At least imo.

The most powerful Sith are:

Sidious
Nihilus
Bane
Vitiate
Zannah

And possibly the Sith Inquisitor after the end of his storyline and Darth Krayt, though I'm still unsure how powerful that guy actually is. Also I'm not counting those with speculative levels of power like Marka Ragnos.

Out of those, who do you think can challenge DE Sidious for supremacy?

Major Valerian
Originally posted by Nephthys
He still largely is. Nihilus or Traya may be able to defeat him in a fight (may), but only due to their completely broken Drain. That isn't a representation of power. Other than that there really aren't many who legitimately challenge him. At least imo.

The most powerful Sith are:

Sidious
Nihilus
Bane
Vitiate
Zannah

And possibly the Sith Inquisitor after the end of his storyline and Darth Krayt, though I'm still unsure how powerful that guy actually is. Also I'm not counting those with speculative levels of power like Marka Ragnos.

Out of those, who do you think can challenge DE Sidious for supremacy?

I never said he wasn't still considered supremely powerful and one of the best (if not the best), but a few years back we all thought nobody could even come close to challenge him. Now, some of those you named can at least give him a run for his money.

I'd say Vitiate and Nihilus would be the toughest challengers.

Edit - I have to read DoE. I want to get a grasp at Zannah's power.

Nephthys
Zannah is stated to be as powerful as Bane in the Force, but she is much, much weaker in terms of combat than Bane or the others on that list.

Which is sexist bullshit imo.

crisis_ryitua
With the addition of the Ones/Force Wielders/Anchorites of Mortis and Abeloth, EU!Sidious is by no means the dominant power in the mythos.

Nephthys
I'm just talking Sith Lords. Lets not go crazy and suggest he could take Abeloth or anything.

crisis_ryitua
Abeloth is bewildering, to be honest. Luke says she's approximately twelve times his superior in the Force, but he and Vol, leader of the Lost Tribe, on separate occasions fvcked her shit all up.

Nephthys
I think its just really ****ing awful writing.

Its just that thing where they try to blow up a threat to make it seems 'like, really totally unstoppable you guys!' It almost seems juvanile imo. SHE'S TWELVE TIMES AS STRONG AS LUKE ZOMG!!1111! But then they can't even begin to cash the check they wrote and just had the main characters take her out with laughable ease considering how powerful they made her.

crisis_ryitua
Very true.

Darth Ray Park
What is more powerful family of The Chosen One or family of The Ones?

Or even, who is more powerful between Abeloth and FP Anakin?

Major Valerian
Abeloth, forcewise. I believe it is stated that FP Luke would be equally as powerful as FP Anakin...?

Darth Ray Park
So Abeltoh more powertful than FP Anakin?

Major Valerian
If that's the case, then yes. Forcewise. That clearly doesn't mean invincible by any means, looking at how Luke fared against her.

Arhael
Darth Krayt, though I'm still unsure how powerful that guy actually is

Get humiliated by ancient Sith. Force draining both Luke and Abeloth for considerable time and still get fvcked up only for Luke to finish her up.
Having Vong armor on and still unable to defeat Cade Skywalker with ease. Lost to Kenobi, not sure because Kenobi became uber confident after defeating Anakin or Krayt just sucked. At least his resurrection saves the day and makes him all powerful.

Battlemaster

Darth Ray Park
Man Qui-Gon and Anakin would have made a really awsome team. The Chosen One being raised by the last of The Ones on Mortis... powerful pair.

Nephthys
Qui-Gon is not a One on Mortis you turd. He appears as a Force Ghost in the Mortis episodes and thats it.

Darth Ray Park
You'r the turd you prick i think ive tolerated enough of your namecalling.

Darth Ray Park
Pay attention the next time you watch the cartoon please. Idiot.

ares834
lol at Qui-Gon being a One.

Nephthys
Pay attention the next time you watch the cartoon please. Idiot.

Pay attention to what? He appears as a Force Ghost and shoots the shit with Obi-Wan. Is Future Ahsoka a One too?

Jinsoku Takai
Qui-Gon is not a One on Mortis you turd. He appears as a Force Ghost in the Mortis episodes and thats it. Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

Q99
Pay attention to what? He appears as a Force Ghost and shoots the shit with Obi-Wan. Is Future Ahsoka a One too?

I'm gonna say 'yes'.

Not because I believe it, mind, but just because it's fun.

Arhael
I guess Shmi Skywalker is The Mother. big grin

Pwned
And I bet that Chewbacca is actually the Grandfather. Malla is the Grandmother.

Oh, and don't forget that Han Solo is the First-Cousin-Twice-Removed-On-The-Mothers-Side-From-Corellia.

Major Valerian
And I am God.

http://www.anomalousmaterial.com/movies/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Morgan-Freeman-God.jpg

Nephthys
I'm the Creepy Uncle.

Lord Lucien
tqY3VHubd_g

Q99
Ashoka probably has a really high count- while quite inexperienced, she's really powerful for her age.

Lord Lucien
Which is bullshit.

Nephthys
12 year old Zannah would still disintergrate her arms though. estahuh

By accident.

Major Valerian
Or break her neck.

Q99
Which is bullshit.

It is?

I mean, I got the impression the reason she was assigned to Anakin was she's also something of a prodigy, so who better than another prodigy to teach her?

Lord Lucien
14 year old kid showing the skills and powers of experienced masters.

Yeah, it's bullshit.

Battlemaster

Yeah, it's bullshit.

Look at the demographic the show is geared towards. stick out tongue

Lord Lucien
That's kinda the problem.

Q99

Yeah, it's bullshit.

She's still a good deal less powerful than the strong masters IMO.

It's not like being young and strong is unprecedented in SW.

Lord Lucien
A 14 year old with the strength and skills of a master. Unprecedented or not, it's total bullshit. The whole "not as powerful" thing flies out the window with the CGI show. Everyone does everything the same, I'm hard pressed to discern between skills. Everything's plot-driven, including wins/losses/retreats.

Q99
Eh, the actual masters strike me as doing clearly better against Grevious/Ventress/etc..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.