Phoenix (x-men movies) VS Thor (marvel movies)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

RyanAutumns
in a fight between these two powerhouse's, who wins? (Both characters are from the Marvel movies)

Phoenix Jean Grey

VS

Thor

biensalsa
Imo Jean Grey

As a matter of fact I believe overall main mutants were portrayed as more powerful as the heroes in Marvel.

Newjak
I'm going to say Thor.

Jean was essentially a sentient bomb but even in her biggest display of power I didn't see her do anything I don't think Thor would have been able to survive nor match.

While Jean was still as physically fragile as a normal human being.

Lord Feron
Originally posted by biensalsa
Imo Jean Grey

As a matter of fact I believe overall main mutants were portrayed as more powerful as the heroes in Marvel.

Really? I thought the potrayal of heroes in Marvel movies vary greatly from character to character.

NemeBro
IMO Thor is more powerful than Phoenix, but he doesn't really have any defense against her powerset, and I can see her pulling his body apart.

biensalsa
Originally posted by Lord Feron
Really? I thought the potrayal of heroes in Marvel movies vary greatly from character to character.

I have the impression of mutants being really really powerful compared to metas.

Like Professor X being capable of killing everybody in the planet or Jean being even a level 5 mutant even more powerful than Professor X

Though I watched the Thor movie again yesterday and the Avengers Movie didn't give him any love at all.

But I believe mutants were treated as very powerful and very dangerous.

Not saying Thor is not powerful or Jean as Phoenix isn't but I am going for the movies showings.

NemeBro
Professor X requires Cerebro for that feat.

biensalsa
Originally posted by NemeBro
Professor X requires Cerebro for that feat.

Yes You are correct, I forgot about Cerebro.

Now, I am rethinking about Thor and He was treated very unfair in the Avengers movie. Compared to his own Movie where at the beginning He looked pretty good.

I guess Marvel wanted to inject new life into the Hulk franchise, which I guess they did it completely, because everybody is talking about the Hulk and How Hulk was one of the favorites.

it gives me the impression they basically sacrificed Thor for Hulk

byrdgang21
I say Thor only because was very Fragile and I don't think it would take more than 1 hammer strike to do the trick.

Glorificus
Jean couldn't rip apart Wolverine. I don't think she could atomize Thor either then.

I can see Thor blasting her with lightning, which her TK shields will block, and then throwing his hammer at her face, which I'm not sure she'd be able to block.

I'd side with Thor for the majority.

Placidity
Originally posted by Glorificus
Jean couldn't rip apart Wolverine.

She wasn't trying to.

MF DELPH
Phoenix. She could block a hammer toss with TK, and likely disintegrate Thor. She turned buildings, tanks, hummers, jets and people to dust effortlessly (corny scene with Wolverine notwithstanding), blocked Cyclops optic blasts from emitting using her tk, held off a flood while simultaneously blocking Nightcrawler's teleportation attempt and controlling the Blackbird, and as a kid levitated every car on her block. IMO she has the offense and multitasking ability to beat Movie Thor.

Placidity
Originally posted by MF DELPH
held off a flood while simultaneously blocking Nightcrawler's teleportation attempt and controlling the Blackbird

You missed one more - she telepathically took control of Xavier to talk to Scott.

Zack Fair
Thor decapitates Jean with a hammer throw.

The End.

Placidity
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Thor decapitates Jean with a hammer throw.

The End.

Thor can't even move if DP doesn't allow it.

Thor gets disintegrated.

The End.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Placidity
Thor can't even move if DP doesn't allow it.

Thor gets disintegrated.

The End.

Like Wolvie right?

MF DELPH
Jean intentionally didn't kill Wolverine. Prior to that cornball scene she'd dusted Arclight and a bunch of other mutants/soldiers, as well as the Blackbird and the building. She wanted Wolverine to stop her. She could have tk'd him into space or ripped him apart if she wanted.

Zack Fair
Intentionally didn't kill Wolverine? I don't know about that. She still burnt him to his very bones, but she couldn't destroy the adamantium and he healed at a pace that makes Bana Hulk a crybaby.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by biensalsa
Yes You are correct, I forgot about Cerebro.

Now, I am rethinking about Thor and He was treated very unfair in the Avengers movie. Compared to his own Movie where at the beginning He looked pretty good.

I guess Marvel wanted to inject new life into the Hulk franchise, which I guess they did it completely, because everybody is talking about the Hulk and How Hulk was one of the favorites.

it gives me the impression they basically sacrificed Thor for Hulk the church of gamma is taking in a lot of new followers smile

Zack Fair
Originally posted by psycho gundam
the church of gamma is taking in a lot of new followers smile

*Bornagain Hulkster*

MF DELPH
Intentionally didn't kill Wolverine? I don't know about that. She still burnt him to his very bones, but she couldn't destroy the adamantium and he healed at a pace that makes Bana Hulk a crybaby.

She could have tossed him away or simply levitated him and flayed all the flesh from his body while he was floating helplessly. She is a high end tk after all. He walked up on her and got caught in waves of disintegration which he pushed through, but she didn't just focus an all out assault on him. She stood there in the middle of all the chaos she was causing and let Wolverine kill her to end it because she'd lost control.

sO8sJ1SoUsE

Watch from 1:30.

Placidity

The myth that DP tried to kill Wolverine and couldn't is a myth that has been debunked over and over especially in the Movie Vs forums.

She wasn't trying to kill him at all, she only gave Wolverine a few small waves of her disintegrating power to his chest.

Like Wolvie right?

Don't be an idiot. Never mind disintegration, you think Wolverine can just walk through a telekinetic hold on him if she chose not to let him move?

Zack Fair
Still going with hammer to the face strategy.

I think he can overpower her TK hold on him and tank her desintegration wave. If he can't then he is screwed.

JakeTheBank
Who or what did Jean waste with disintegration to justify her doing it to Thor? Serious question.

We've already seen Thor tank blasts capable of disintegration in the form of Gungnir and Mjolnir was capable of deflecting the Destroyer's own disintegration beams.

Jean's telepathy is a safer bet to argue for, but her telepathy wasn't as potent as Xavier's and her TK was what was put over the most in the films.

Placidity
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Who or what did Jean waste with disintegration to justify her doing it to Thor? Serious question.

Pretty much everything she wanted to disintegrate, she did. I also don't see Thor having any really high end durability feats. Honestly, I think he would lose to Colossus in a fist fight. At the very least, his eyeballs get disintegrated.

Like I said earlier, baring disintegration, she can still smack him around or completely immobilize him so he can't even lift his arm to hurl Mjolnir.

Jean's telepathy is a safer bet to argue for, but her telepathy wasn't as potent as Xavier's and her TK was what was put over the most in the films.

She is on par with Xavier, or not very far behind. She took control of Xavier at the end of X2, and she fought Xavier to a stalemate in X3.

JakeTheBank
Pretty much everything she wanted to disintegrate, she did. I also don't see Thor having any really high end durability feats. Honestly, I think he would lose to Colossus in a fist fight. At the very least, his eyeballs get disintegrated.

Like I said earlier, baring disintegration, she can still smack him around or completely immobilize him so he can't even lift his arm to hurl Mjolnir.

She is on par with Xavier, or not very far behind. She took control of Xavier at the end of X2, and she fought Xavier to a stalemate in X3.

But what did she disintegrate that leads you to believe she could do the same to Thor? She wasted humans and mutants without any kind of durability feats to speak of, not really the same as wiping away a guy who has proven durability feats including attacks with specific disintegration qualities. Not sure what feats or showings you'd use to argue him losing to a fist fight to Colossus with, either.

Placidity
But what did she disintegrate that leads you to believe she could do the same to Thor? She wasted humans and mutants without any kind of durability feats to speak of

Not just mutants and people. Cars, buildings etc. Also one of the very thick metal vault doors in the underground X-Mansion - you know the type Striker couldn't hope to get through with all the explosives at his disposal and thus needed the retinal device. And she does it all without even trying.

Let me ask you - do you think she wouldn't have been able to disintegrate Colossus just as effortlessly as anyone else?

not really the same as wiping away a guy who has proven durability feats including attacks with specific disintegration qualities.

I think you are pointing out one instance out of all his showings, but based on the vast majority of showings, his durability is not really that impressive. Also about Loki's staff, that's powered by magic, so it could be argued its Thor's magic resistance/armor that saved him. Not only that, the damage caused by the blast is largely inconsistent - It has shown to be a concussive blast in one instance, but turns a Frost Giant into sparks in another.

Not sure what feats or showings you'd use to argue him losing to a fist fight to Colossus with, either.

In Avengers, Thor did not want to get hit by bullets, Colossus has no such problems.

JakeTheBank
Not just mutants and people. Cars, buildings etc. Also one of the very thick metal vault doors in the underground X-Mansion - you know the type Striker couldn't hope to get through with all the explosives at his disposal and thus needed the retinal device. And she does it all without even trying.

Let me ask you - do you think she wouldn't have been able to disintegrate Colossus just as effortlessly as anyone else?

I think you are pointing out one instance out of all his showings, but based on the vast majority of showings, his durability is not really that impressive. Also about Loki's staff, that's powered by magic, so it could be argued its Thor's magic resistance/armor that saved him. Not only that, the damage caused by the blast is largely inconsistent - It has shown to be a concussive blast in one instance, but turns a Frost Giant into sparks in another.

In Avengers, Thor did not want to get hit by bullets, Colossus has no such problems.

Thor's taken damage that would wreck cars and buildings and the like and was no worse for the wear. That doesn't mean Jean could disintegrate him or Mjolnir or anything. Iron Man's repulsors at normal power would blow a lot of that stuff up, let alone amplied to something over 400%, and Thor took a point blank shot to the face and wasn't even hurt. It says a lot about his default durabilty.

Depends, tbh. I can see her having issues or dismissing him easily, but it's a moot point as I don't see movie Colossus being on the same level as Thor at all.

How is his durability not that impressive as a whole? He has plenty of good durability feats in both his own movie and the Avengers, clearly enough of both to get a good sense of where he stands. Gungnir being magic composed doesn't detract anything from Thor, and assuming that's why he was able to endure the multiple blasts from it certainly doesn't make it any less potent. We saw first hand what Gungnir was able to do to Laufey, King of the Frost Giants and a peer to Odin if the movie was any indicator. The first blast injured him grievously, and the second one disintegrated him. There's no reason to assume that Loki wasn't attempting to do the same to Thor. He also survives the backlash explosion of the Bifrost and its energies being unleashed, and we saw first hand what the concentrated energy of the Bifrost was capable of.

Loki was completely unaffected by bullets in the Avengers. Considering Thor has already endured damage far greater than that of gunfire, him not wanting to be caught by it doesn't somehow mean he's weak or less durable to that avenue of attack. And it certainly doesn't mean Colossus is > Thor, either.

So, in short, I really don't see her easily disintegrating Thor, not based off of what kind of damage he took. Telepathy is something else entirely.

Placidity
Thor's taken damage that would wreck cars and buildings and the like and was no worse for the wear. That doesn't mean Jean could disintegrate him or Mjolnir or anything. Iron Man's repulsors at normal power would blow a lot of that stuff up, let alone amplied to something over 400%, and Thor took a point blank shot to the face and wasn't even hurt. It says a lot about his default durabilty.

Blowing stuff up and the way DP disintegrates something cannot even be compared. DP completely... whats the word... disintegrates objects, that means it rips them apart at the molecular structure... completely and instantly. If someone survives a blast that can blow up a car, it doesn't follow that they would survive being disintegrated by TK that can disintegrate a car completely and instantly. The later is an extremely more powerful attack, and completely different in nature.

I guess we could talk about it all day about how we don't KNOW if she could disintegrate him, but going by her display of destructive power and implied unstoppable force, I feel the onus is on the other side to support that Thor wouldn't be disintegrated along with everything else. Of course you disagree with that but that's okay.

Let me ask you though, do you think Thor's eyeball's are durable enough to withstand disintegration?

Also, do you think Colossus would've survived being blasted by Iron Man or similar attacks?

How is his durability not that impressive as a whole? He has plenty of good durability feats in both his own movie and the Avengers, clearly enough of both to get a good sense of where he stands. Gungnir being magic composed doesn't detract anything from Thor, and assuming that's why he was able to endure the multiple blasts from it certainly doesn't make it any less potent. We saw first hand what Gungnir was able to do to Laufey, King of the Frost Giants and a peer to Odin if the movie was any indicator. The first blast injured him grievously, and the second one disintegrated him. There's no reason to assume that Loki wasn't attempting to do the same to Thor. He also survives the backlash explosion of the Bifrost and its energies being unleashed, and we saw first hand what the concentrated energy of the Bifrost was capable of.

Ignoring Loki's staff discussion, I really don't see (recall) any impressive quantifiable durability feats for Thor. And by impressive, I don't mean surviving random explosions.

Loki was completely unaffected by bullets in the Avengers. Considering Thor has already endured damage far greater than that of gunfire, him not wanting to be caught by it doesn't somehow mean he's weak or less durable to that avenue of attack.

Loki being unaffected I felt was really inconsistent to me. His levels go up and down throughout IMO, but I'd have to watch the film again to comment further. Even Hulk was affected by gunfire in both movies, and I don't see Thor/Loki being that far above him.

And it certainly doesn't mean Colossus is > Thor, either.

You mean in terms of durability right?

Bullet angle was all I had, Colossus doesn't have that many feats.

gogogadgetgo
at the end of the day, jean got stabbed by wolverine and died, and x3 was a sucky movie, no excuses.

thor destroyed the destroyer, lived through a blast from odin's mighty spear, and didnt even flinch and the thor movie walked out with good reviews.

when the big fishy blew up in their faces while everyone else jumped for cover and finally survived being laughed at by million of people around the world due to a sucker punch from hulk thus making the avengers movie awesome.

Thor wins.

psy_blade
Didn't Thor got stabbed too?

Placidity
Originally posted by psy_blade
Didn't Thor got stabbed too?

Yep. But its obvious people are going to say it was a magical blade or something like that.

BTW, kick ass sig.

psy_blade
Harhar. Tnx.

Jean can probably possess Thor like she did Prof X.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Ignoring Loki's staff discussion, I really don't see (recall) any impressive quantifiable durability feats for Thor. And by impressive, I don't mean surviving random explosions.

Thor does have durability feats. Obviously far above normal human durability.

Loki being unaffected I felt was really inconsistent to me. His levels go up and down throughout IMO, but I'd have to watch the film again to comment further. Even Hulk was affected by gunfire in both movies, and I don't see Thor/Loki being that far above him.

How was that inconsistent? He bounced back from being blasted with the big gun from Coulson. Even in the Hulk rag doll scene, he withstood Hawkeye's exploding arrow at point blank range and a massive sucker shot from Hulk. Frankly, the fact that he was conscious from the follow up beating is notable despite the comedy of the scene

Hulk withstood gun fire from an F-22, machine gun bullets would bounce off of him too. That reasoning won't work.

Yep. But its obvious people are going to say it was a magical blade or something like that.

BTW, kick ass sig.

That's hardly an unreasonable argument.

Frankly, it makes far more sense for Loki to stab someone like Thor with a mystical dagger rather than any normal blade.

Hulkbuster1
The myth that DP tried to kill Wolverine and couldn't is a myth that has been debunked over and over especially in the Movie Vs forums.

She wasn't trying to kill him at all, she only gave Wolverine a few small waves of her disintegrating power to his chest.

BASED ON WHAT?

Placidity
^ Sorry, I've repeated my self probably more than 50 times already literally , mainly in Movie VS, hope you understand I CBS. And you also have a recent history of trolling me, so that factors in too. But its fairly obvious unless you are a fanboy. I'll leave it to someone else.

Newjak
Phoenix. She could block a hammer toss with TK, and likely disintegrate Thor. She turned buildings, tanks, hummers, jets and people to dust effortlessly (corny scene with Wolverine notwithstanding), blocked Cyclops optic blasts from emitting using her tk, held off a flood while simultaneously blocking Nightcrawler's teleportation attempt and controlling the Blackbird, and as a kid levitated every car on her block. IMO she has the offense and multitasking ability to beat Movie Thor. I just finished watching this scene again on tv.

Her power was cool but it really only destroyed in a very limited space, only destroyed things that would be considered below Thor's durability, and then she got killed by Wolverine rather easily.

Yes she let him do it, but the point is if Thor lands one blow she is dead.

We don't know if Jean could do the same to Thor. He maybe able to tank it. I mean he did Survive the fall from the Hellicarrier, being shot by Odin's spear, getting hit multiple times by Hulk and only showing a bloody nose.

Hulk's punches were able to stop a creature even Iron Man couldn't do.

That's a good indicator that Thor can take a lot, and could possibly take Phoenix's attacks considering he is tougher than anything else she tried to destroy.

He's also really strong to as shown by being able to go H2H with Hulk for a limited time, so he could possibly resist Jean trying to over power him with TK.

He could also summon a lightning bolt to attack her with as well while she tries to do that.

Hulkbuster1
^ Sorry, I've repeated my self probably more than 50 times already literally , mainly in Movie VS, hope you understand I CBS. And you also have a recent history of trolling me, so that factors in too. But its fairly obvious unless you are a fanboy. I'll leave it to someone else. Trolling you? I don't even recognise your name!
why would she not kill wolverine huh what makes you think that? She freaking killed cyclopse and she was in love with him. No where throught the first 2 x-men did she show any intrest if anything she rejected his advances. dark pheniox liked reinforcing her sexuality she was discovering , remember jean darkness was controled by chareles till it broke out of control. she was just experimenting her repress emotions but with a sick perversion to it as she killed all the men she advanced on like a black widow. In the last scene dark pheniox was trying to destroy him. logan had to talk to her inner psyche while taking the full pheniox force the only reason he managed to kill her was because jean managed to hold control of dark pheniox at THE LAST MINUTE! allowing him to stab her, she recalled ''do it while i still have a hold on her".

Placidity
Originally posted by Hulkbuster1
Trolling you? I don't even recognise your name!

Irrelevant.

Here, I really wanted to shut you up so I found some of my past posts for you. Now read it, feel embarrassed, log out and never return vile troll.

Look at the video of Phoenix vs Xavier.

1aHB-gPpyA0
(sorry embed disabled)

3:20 Xavier starts to experience her disintegration powers, but clearly not full power.

3:41 Clearly you can see he is getting layers peeled off him, the cloudy dust effect surrounds him.

4:37 Phoenix uses her full power on him. He vaporizes instantly, from head to toe, his whole body, not just his chest and parts of his face (like what happened to Logan).

Its quite easy to see Phoenix wasn't using her full power on Wolverine. The difference on screen is as distinctive between Cyclop's narrow beams and his uncontrolled, full power blast. Anyone who believes Logan received an attack that has the rate of disintegration that is of equal power to what happened to Xavier as shown in the video, or what happened to the other mutants is delusional. A comparison of the scenes shows it clearly.

eNjidu0pE8s

More importantly, even after Phoenix launched a few waves of attacks on Logan, his suit was still there. It took a few waves, and at least 30 seconds for her to completely disintegrate the suit? Oops, I think I just completely destroyed that idea. His pants are also on the whole time, but I'll let that one fly, although its already a moot point.

It's also shown on the video, that his whole body is not receiving disintegration, only certain parts of the anterior of his body. Not EVEN CLOSE to full power. We also see his back for a few shots when he is getting the treatment, nothing is happening to it. Heck his hair doesn't even mess up through the whole thing.

Furthermore, as I pointed out before why would Phoenix ask Logan if "would die for them" if she wasn't capable of killing him?

As seen earlier, Wolverine got smashed by DP at the Mansion. He can't move an inch if DP didn't allow it.

Newjak
Something else I would like to point out is that Jean was unable to effect Wolverine's Adamantium skeleton.

I think it was shown to be to durable for her to destroy. So there was something that could survive her attack based solely on durability.

Placidity
Originally posted by Newjak
Something else I would like to point out is that Jean was unable to effect Wolverine's Adamantium skeleton.

I think it was shown to be to durable for her to destroy. So there was something that could survive her attack based solely on durability.

Well, we don't know for certain that she tried to disintegrate it but failed, but I would be inclined to believe she couldn't.

gogogadgetgo
Well, we don't know for certain that she tried to disintegrate it but failed, but I would be inclined to believe she couldn't.

jean couldn't. if she could, then should would have, but didnt, meaning she couldn't.

Newjak
Well, we don't know for certain that she tried to disintegrate it but failed, but I would be inclined to believe she couldn't. My kind of personal take on the scene was that DP was trying to halt, maim, possibly kill Wolverine, but Jean was keeping it enough in check to keep it from completely obliterating him.

During this though we see Wolverine have entire chunks and pieces of skin and flesh removed. The only that survived in those areas was Wolverine's skeleton.

That's the only real reason I say I don't think she could have. I think it was shown being able to stand up to the attacks. It's not definitive though.

MF DELPH
She could have just removed all the flesh and tissue from his skeleton and left just the metal. She was instantly disintegrating hummers, cars, buildings, people, and jets. All of Wolverine's flesh would have been child's play at that point. The climax of the scene made it clear what happened. Jean allowed him to stop her because she was completely losing control.

Newjak
She could have just removed all the flesh and tissue from his skeleton and left just the metal. She was instantly disintegrating hummers, cars, buildings, people, and jets. All of Wolverine's flesh would have been child's play at that point. The climax of the scene made it clear what happened. Jean allowed him to stop her because she was completely losing control. Did I say that she couldn't have. I just said I think Jean was holding back the DP from doing that.

Otherwise yes the DP would have completely destroyed him except for the skeleton.

Dream Stuff

I agree. You need to watch the film again.

Loki's durability is not inconsistent at all. He is bullet-proof. He tanks hits from Cap's shield. He shrugs off hits from Iron Man. He takes hits from Thor. He takes a hit from Hulk and survives even the vicious beating at the end. He takes a grenade-like blast going off inches from his face. His durability is well-measured.

Thor fares better against nearly identical attacks and more in the same film.

As for Hulk, it's misleading to say he is affected by gunfire. It seems to very mildly annoy him. And that was from one of these: or something comparable

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.