Movie Loki vs. Movie Superman ( Superman Returns)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Don Corleone
Who wins ? Fights in N.Y.C. populated.

Also, could those energy daggers Loki wields hurt Superman?

Greysen93
Superman destroys

janus77
Superman, pretty easily too imo.

HV slices Loki in half. The end.

bbrem123
the only thing in the avengers movie that can take out superman(amped) was the cosmic cube

quanchi112
Loki wins.

Lord Feron
If Loki fought smart and not like a jackass he would beat Superman.

Idk but Why doesn't loki use his intangbility and clones more?

Also If magic does hurt Superman (movie) then the staff should hurt or take him over.

Newjak
Originally posted by Don Corleone
Who wins ? Fights in N.Y.C. populated.

Also, could those energy daggers Loki wields hurt Superman? I think Loki would definitely lose, but I could see his daggers hurting Superman.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Lord Feron

Also If magic does hurt Superman (movie) then the staff should hurt or take him over. Yeah, he's too clever for Superman. His weapons would hurt him and he'd have Superman at his mercy like Luthor has multiple times.

janus77

Also If magic does hurt Superman (movie) then the staff should hurt or take him over.
Loki doesn't have the offensive might to hurt Superman (absent K-nite).

clones/intangibility would buy Loki time, at best, but Superman could just flash-freeze the battlefield to end Loki.

quanchi112
Originally posted by janus77
Loki doesn't have the offensive might to hurt Superman (absent K-nite).

clones/intangibility would buy Loki time, at best, but Superman could just flash-freeze the battlefield to end Loki. When does he do so in the movies ?

janus77
Originally posted by quanchi112
When does he do so in the movies ?
Right after Loki goes intangible and pops up multiple clones all over the place.

you didn't see that? hmm, must be watching a pirate download no.

quanchi112
Right after Loki goes intangible and pops up multiple clones all over the place.

you didn't see that? hmm, must be watching a pirate download no. When has Superman used said tactic ? This isn't a powerset debate.

janus77
When has Superman used said tactic ? This isn't a powerset debate.
Like with most instances on KMC, Quan you read neither context nor subtext.

It's amazing how you gravitated towards comics and not some religious book...

quanchi112
Like with most instances on KMC, Quan you read neither context nor subtext.

It's amazing how you gravitated towards comics and not some religious book... He hasn't. You expect Superman to suddenly try to kill from the onset and for Loki to be caught dead in one attack. Not going to happen.

CosmicComet

How can he possibly fight smart with a guy who is mentally and physically far faster than him, and millions of times stronger?

janus77
He hasn't. You expect Superman to suddenly try to kill from the onset and for Loki to be caught dead in one attack. Not going to happen.
If Superman wanted to kill Loki, then yes, HV/Freeze Breath would be one of the quicker, more efficient ways to do it. Minimal collateral damage.

Of course he could just punch Loki into a coma, hell Hulk's too fast for Loki, Superman would be impossible for Loki see.

quanchi112
If Superman wanted to kill Loki, then yes, HV/Freeze Breath would be one of the quicker, more efficient ways to do it. Minimal collateral damage.

Of course he could just punch Loki into a coma, hell Hulk's too fast for Loki, Superman would be impossible for Loki see. Loki was caught off guard. He yelled at him and left himself exposed due to frustration. Superman doesn't kill out of the gate and then there's his intangibility and the fact he's more clever.

janus77
Loki doesn't do that stuff in an instant, it takes Loki time and effort to get his illusions off (as shown in the various movies). That's the silly thing about your inane argument. You create a Loki that we haven't seen in either movie and play him off against a Superman that you want to be even more restrained than he was in the movies.

It's dishonest "debate" and utterly idiotic for anyone to put up with it or take it as genuine.

Loki gets cut in half. The End (of Loki).

quanchi112
Loki doesn't do that stuff in an instant, it takes Loki time and effort to get his illusions off (as shown in the various movies). That's the silly thing about your inane argument. You create a Loki that we haven't seen in either movie and play him off against a Superman that you want to be even more restrained than he was in the movies.

It's dishonest "debate" and utterly idiotic for anyone to put up with it or take it as genuine.

Loki gets cut in half. The End (of Loki). Superman doesn't kill right out of the gate. How often does Superman kill ? Prove it takes time too.

janus77
Superman doesn't kill right out of the gate. How often does Superman kill ? Prove it takes time too.
Superman kills ANY character that Quanchii dishonestly sets up against him. smile.

quanchi112
Superman kills ANY character that Quanchii dishonestly sets up against him. smile. So nothing.

janus77
So nothing.
based on?

quanchi112
based on? You not giving me one single example.

janus77
You not giving me one single example.
of what, your dishonesty? you've provided the examples there smile.

So, Superman wins, right?

quanchi112
of what, your dishonesty? you've provided the examples there smile.

So, Superman wins, right? If you can't back up your Superman tactic then you have no choice but to rescind it.

janus77
If you can't back up your Superman tactic then you have no choice but to rescind it.
It's not my tactic, it's Superman's yes.

What's Loki gonna do again? clones and illusions? yeah I think I saw him do that all the time against Hulk, IronMan and Cap...

quanchi112
It's not my tactic, it's Superman's yes.

What's Loki gonna do again? clones and illusions? yeah I think I saw him do that all the time against Hulk, IronMan and Cap... Then reference where he does to and to who.

janus77
Then reference where he does to and to who.
To what ends? to counter your dishonest, slanted setup?
Surely you're not that naive to believe I would buy your bs, are you?

quanchi112
To what ends? to counter your dishonest, slanted setup?
Surely you're not that naive to believe I would buy your bs, are you? If you can't 'give one single example of your claim then it's just in your head.

janus77
If you can't 'give one single example of your claim then it's just in your head.
What was it that Loki was gonna do to Superman? clones and illusions?

Loki stands no chance at all, it'd be more effective having Captain America fight Superman, at least then Superman's morality would prevent him from punching too hard.

quanchi112
What was it that Loki was gonna do to Superman? clones and illusions?

Loki stands no chance at all, it'd be more effective having Captain America fight Superman, at least then Superman's morality would prevent him from punching too hard. Kill him with the staff.

Zack Fair
Superman.

janus77
Kill him with the staff.
Yep, that worked well against IronMan.

Oh wait, yes of course, IM is way more durable than Superman! yes

biensalsa
Superman doesn't kill right out of the gate. How often does Superman kill ? Prove it takes time too.

Um... He killed the Kryptonians when He tossed a powerless Zod into the artic sea laughing

Oh shit this is Superman Returns but is canon for Superman 2 big grin

quanchi112
Yep, that worked well against IronMan.

Oh wait, yes of course, IM is way more durable than Superman! yes He toyed with ironman. We know Ironman wasn't going to die. We know despite Luthor having Superman at his mercy he isn't going to die.

NemeBro
Superman puts Loki in a time-out the same way I would a toddler.

janus77
He toyed with ironman. We know Ironman wasn't going to die. We know despite Luthor having Superman at his mercy he isn't going to die.
He got beat upon by IM, fact.
You can interpret (spin/dissemble) however you like, but Cap and IM actually tossed him about a little... Hulk ragdolled him, ofcourse and that is nearer to what Superman would do to Loki, only quicker and without let-up.

Can't you ever talk straight?
Did the seed of Thanos bury it self so deeply in your psyche that you have been utterly supplanted by his warped persona?

playa1258
Superman one shots him.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by NemeBro
Superman puts Loki in a time-out the same way I would a toddler. superman takes loki in a closet and molests him?

Estacado
Originally posted by playa1258
Superman one shots him.

Lord Feron
Superman - "Hey buddy stop hurting all these people"
Loki - "**** off Mortal"
Superman - "Alright im gonna have to stop you NOW!"
Swings at a illusion, and Loki come from behind and taps him with his brainwashing spear.
End

Not saying Superman is not more powerful than Loki but he just is kind of a dummy. Loki As arrogant as he is knows how to fight and use his powers, cleverly.

abhilegend
Superman - "Hey buddy stop hurting all these people"
Loki - "**** off Mortal"
Superman - "Alright im gonna have to stop you NOW!"
Swings at a illusion, and Loki come from behind and taps him with his brainwashing spear.
End

Not saying Superman is not more powerful than Loki but he just is kind of a dummy. Loki As arrogant as he is knows how to fight and use his powers, cleverly.
It didn't work on anybody else who isn't human IIRC and with the speed of superman loki would be long dead before that.

Lord Feron
Originally posted by abhilegend
It didn't work on anybody else who isn't human IIRC and with the speed of superman loki would be long dead before that.

But he only tried it on humans...

In superman recent movie (can't remember it all) I don't believe he just sped toward his opponent. Even the guy with the big ass chain gun had time to turn around crank up the gun and shoot superman, then take out another gun and shoot superman in the eye. fact is he doesn't use his speed like he should most of the time.

Im not disputing the fact that he is faster just the fact that he doesn't use it on his enemies so much.

abhilegend
But he only tried it on humans...

In superman recent movie (can't remember it all) I don't believe he just sped toward his opponent. Even the guy with the big ass chain gun had time to turn around crank up the gun and shoot superman, then take out another gun and shoot superman in the eye. fact is he doesn't use his speed like he should most of the time.

Im not disputing the fact that he is faster just the fact that he doesn't use it on his enemies so much.
Because then the movie would be over in a short time. A guy who can move fast enough to rotate earth backwards would certainly have the reflexes to catch loki's staff. Not to mention that his indestructible costume would come handy in stopping his staff.

NemeBro
Originally posted by psycho gundam
superman takes loki in a closet and molests him? Please sir, you insult me.

I use a cellar.

Sr J-Bieb
Cellophane S ftw

quanchi112
He got beat upon by IM, fact.
You can interpret (spin/dissemble) however you like, but Cap and IM actually tossed him about a little... Hulk ragdolled him, ofcourse and that is nearer to what Superman would do to Loki, only quicker and without let-up.

Can't you ever talk straight?
Did the seed of Thanos bury it self so deeply in your psyche that you have been utterly supplanted by his warped persona? He let Iron Man take him. He was never defeated by Iron Man unless he wanted to be. He wanted to be captured. That was obvious. I think they even said it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.