Hulk (Bana) vs Hulk (Rufflao)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
When Hulk falls crashes in the building he lands on a sleep Doctor Banner(Bana) which triggers his transformation and the fight is on.

marwash22
Bana Banner Brutally Bangs other Banner

golem370
Its not the Banners fighting its the hulks lol

KingD19
Avengers Hulk had higher feats imo. He'd take Bana down.

steverules_2
Didn't Bana survive a nuke? And hulk Ruffalo got trouble when all the Chitauri fired down upon him?

golem370
imo they had both pretty impressive feats comparable to each other

Impediment
Bana Hulk is the strongest Hulk of any incarnation from movie or tv. Period. He tanked a nuke.

Bana Hulk wins, easily.

golem370
The Nuke turned Hulk iback to banner. Also who knows how powerful the blasts were combined.

golem370
Originally posted by Impediment
Bana Hulk is the strongest Hulk of any incarnation from movie or tv. Period. He tanked a nuke.

Bana Hulk wins, easily.

Rufflao's Hulk stop a giant alien space ship dead a massive ship. He also survived a fall from 50,000 feet.

steverules_2
He was pretty bad ass

KingD19
People keep saying that wasn't a nuke, it was gamma radiation.

Impediment
Gamma radiation is electromagnetic radiation. Same principal.

Lestov16
Bana Hulk exceeds in the durability, but don't count Ruffalo out. Twice he took down two of those massive Chitauri Fish monsters single-handedly, one simply by punching it so hard in the face that it broke in half, and remember, these things are the size of buildings

KingD19
Gamma radiation is electromagnetic radiation. Same principal.

Yeah, but Gamma Radiation is what fuels Hulk. That'd be like throwing fire on a flame. Or water in the ocean.

marwash22
for the ten thousandth time, it wasn't a nuke... Bana still wins tho.

Impediment
Gamma radiation is still a form of electromagnetic radiation A nuclear bomb releases gamma rays.

KingD19
But a nuke that releases gamma waves doesn't = a gamma explosion. And Gamma Radiation is what made Hulk, what he exhudes, what powers him.

Robtard
You silly gheys. Hulk didn't "tank a nuke or a nuke-like blast", that gamma-bomb did not have the same destructive power of a nuke(heat and kinetic force), you'll notice that after the blast the trees around the lake are fine. I used to think this too, so your ignorance is forgiven.

Having said that, both Hulks are about the same and the Avengers Hulk is supposed to be the same Hulk in the 2008 film. ie Ruffalo's comment about the last time he visited New York and breaking Brooklyn (or was it the Bronx).

2012 Hulk crashed into the ground from about 30k feet. 2003 Hulk crashed in the SF Bay from about 50k feet. Probably a tie.

Avenger's does have one possible greater power-feat, the one-punching a Leviathan ship.

Impediment
A gamma bomb is still a form of nuclear fission, you ass clown.

heartbeat

Zack Fair
Avengers Hulk > Bana Hulk IMHO.

Robtard
A gamma bomb is still a form of nuclear fission, you ass clown.

heartbeat

I'm taking about the destructive power of said gamma-bomb, you colon-jockey.

http://ic.s.tsatic-cdn.net/354/640_360/cb959_354065.jpg

KingD19
He broke Harlem I believe.

Robtard
Originally posted by KingD19
He broke Harlem I believe.

Ah, thanks, I knew it was some black neighborhood; couldn't remember which one exactly.

KingD19
Yeah. As for the Hulks. Ruffalo's has arguably the best strength feat, which is of course punching the dragon ship, and steering one through sheer force.

marwash22
Bana Hulk was created by Ang Lee... which makes it Asian and there is no level higher than Asian.

/thread.

golem370
I mentioned Hulk(Rufflao) dropped my 50,000 feet but then I remembered (Bana) Hulk dropping from higher then that.

the ninjak
BanaHulk is strongest there is. BanaHulk crush puny Ruffalo.

marwash22
Originally posted by golem370
I mentioned Hulk(Rufflao) dropped my 50,000 feet but then I remembered (Bana) Hulk dropping from higher then that. when did Bana Hulk fall?

I only remember falls from Norton (Incredible Hulk) and Ruffalo (Avengers), and those are the same character.

golem370
Bigger yes maybe even more durable but The Hulk stopping that horde ship equals to anything Bana Hulk did

the ninjak
Bana Hulk jumped higher.
Ran at Mach speeds along vertical climbs.
Copped a mini nuke.
Fell from a greater hight than Ruffalo Hulk.

golem370
He was on a jet and Ross told the pilot to take for a ride at the top of the world so the pilot took him so high the viewers could see stars Hulk was having trouble breathing and let go of the jet and fell to the San Fransico bay

golem370
Like I said that Ship that Hulk stopped compares to anything Bana Hulk did imo.

KingD19
Wasn't a nuke, Ninjak. It was a gamma explosion.

marwash22
He was on a jet and Ross told the pilot to take for a ride at the top of the world so the pilot took him so high the viewers could see stars Hulk was having trouble breathing and let go of the jet and fell to the San Fransico bay thumb up

i remember now.

the ninjak
Wasn't a nuke, Ninjak. It was a gamma explosion.

It made a big BOOM!.....good enough.

Esau Cairn
Everyone's forgetting that Ang Lee's Bana's Hulk had the ability to grow bigger in size & strength the angrier he got.

He would quite easily tear Rufflao's Hulk limb to limb if provoked enough.

Placidity
Originally posted by the ninjak
It made a big BOOM!.....good enough.

You know what, it didn't even really make a noise. Lots of green lights, that was about it.

janus77
Bana Hulk was more dynamic, seriously powerful when angry. Ruffalo Hulk was more intelligent and more effective in battle.

Don't know if Ruffalo Hulk could take the kind of punishment Bana Hulk can, so ... Hulk smash ... Hulk!

Psychotron
Did Avengers Hulk have a healing factor? Because Bana Hulk did and Norton Hulk didn't.

DARTH POWER
Not only did Bana Hulk clearly show he had an instantaneous healing factor.

Not only could he run at mach speeds and leap hundreds of miles in the air.

But he is also the only big screen Hulk who has been specifically mentioned to get stronger as he gets madder.

So Bana Hulk stomps.

Robtard
Avenger's Hulk was never physically damaged.

Bana-Hulk did not run at even Mach 1, it's stated somewhere by Ang Lee that he was running about about 300mph.

Norton-Hulk had the' angrier/more stress = stronger' factor, it was clearly shown in the last fight. Avenger's Hulk was strong enough a couple seconds after transforming to one-shot a dragon-ship; seems his base-strength is well above. Though as stated, Norton and Ruffalo Hulks are supposed to be from the same continuity.

the ninjak
I like to think of them as all being the same Hulk.

Hulk's feats and stats change all the time based on Banner's mindset and Hulk's increasing awareness in the comics. Or are they one and the same.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Robtard

Bana-Hulk did not run at even Mach 1, it's stated somewhere by Ang Lee that he was running about about 300mph.

Where was this stated? He's still a lot faster than Avengers Hulk.

Norton-Hulk had the' angrier/more stress = stronger' factor, it was clearly shown in the last fight.

When was that shown? Norton Hulk was having trouble standing when he got hit by Abom. He certainly wasn't getting stronger.

In Ang Lee's Hulk not only was it clearly shown but also specifically stated.

KingD19

Hulk's feats and stats change all the time based on Banner's mindset and Hulk's increasing awareness in the comics. Or are they one and the same.

Bana Hulk and Norton/Ruffalo Hulk are made by different companies, so they're different Hulks. Bana Hulk essentially doesn't "count" anymore since Ruffalo Hulk is the one used by Marvel. Norton and Ruffalo Hulk are the same, just different actors because of that fiasco with Norton. That being said....Avenger's Hulk wins.

Originally posted by DARTH POWER

When was that shown? Norton Hulk was having trouble standing when he got hit by Abom. He certainly wasn't getting stronger.

In the final battle with Abom, Blonsky clearly had the upper hand. Then Betty almost got killed by the fire and Hulk got pissed. He put it out, then almost killed Abom in a few seconds until Betty stopped him. It was obvious that he was angry and got a lot stronger.

DARTH POWER
Abom was beating him silly. He was fazed, having trouble standing and never got stronger.

He won in the end using tactics. He smashed the floor then tied Abom up in the chain, and started pulling out and stabbing him with his own claws, all while he was strangling him the the chain.

Considering that and the fact that any superhero would get pissed and fight with more/better determination when their girl is in danger, you'll need better proof than that to say "it was clearly shown he gets stronger when he gets madder."

jalek moye
Abom was beating him silly. He was fazed, having trouble standing and never got stronger.

He won in the end using tactics. He smashed the floor then tied Abom up in the chain, and started pulling out and stabbing him with his own claws, all while he was strangling him the the chain.

Considering that and the fact that any superhero would get pissed and fight with more/better determination when their girl is in danger, you'll need better proof than that to say "it was clearly shown he gets stronger when he gets madder."

It was shown in how he was able to pull abom ( a foe shown to be stronger then him) off of him once he saw Betty in danger. He physically was able to free himself enough to mount an offensive and then dominate him in combat.

Robtard
Where was this stated? He's still a lot faster than Avengers Hulk.

Was an article around the time the film came out. Yes, he can definitely run a lot faster than Norton/Ruffalo hulk.

Abomination had him pinned against the wall and Hulk couldn't break free, Hulk saw Betty in danger, he growled; his eyes glowed greener and then he overpowered Abomination and put a massive beat-down on him. Clearly, anger/stress = more power.

Yes, this is true; it doesn't take away what the 2008 film showed though. Watch the final fight scene again, you'll see.

edit: I see Jalek basically covered the scene already.

Edit: Couldn't find the article, but did find this: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0286716/trivia

"According to the animators at Industrial Light & Magic, the Hulk weighs 3452 lbs, and can exert 14 tons of pressure/inch2. His skin is 10 times as strong as Kevlar. His chest measures 208 inches, his waist 130 inches, his foot 51 inches and his neck 81 inches. If he wore shoes, they would be size 87. He can move at a top speed of 300 mph and cross 3-4 miles in a single jump."

Robtard

It is the same Hulk, despite the changes. Marvel had originally offered the reprisal role to Norton, but it didn't pan out. Rumors that it was a monetary issue and Norton being known for not playing well with others.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by jalek moye
It was shown in how he was able to pull abom ( a foe shown to be stronger then him) off of him once he saw Betty in danger. He physically was able to free himself enough to mount an offensive and then dominate him in combat.

Was an article around the time the film came out. Yes, he can definitely run a lot faster than Norton/Ruffalo hulk.

Abomination had him pinned against the wall and Hulk couldn't break free, Hulk saw Betty in danger, he growled; his eyes glowed greener and then he overpowered Abomination and put a massive beat-down on him. Clearly, anger/stress = more power.

Yes, this is true; it doesn't take away what the 2008 film showed though. Watch the final fight scene again, you'll see.

That proves nothing. You guys are completely speculating. If we didn't know that Hulk from the comics gets stronger as he gets madder, there would be absolutely nothing in that film to make people start believing that.

Your basically taking a scene from the movie and trying to make it fit his comic power set.

With the Bana Hulk it was specifically shown how he'd get bigger and stronger as the fight goes on, and it was specifically mentioned by Betty.

Again you've both completely ignored my point that ANY Superhero fights better when he see's his girl in danger. Heck any one of us would fight better and with more determination if we saw our loved ones in danger.

So does that mean we all get stronger as we get madder??

No of course not.

His power set should not only be active with Betty around. In the comics and in Ang Lee's movie he gets stronger as the fight goes on, regardless of Betty.

Whilst the Norton Hulk did not show any such power. In fact he was clearly shown to get weaker as Abom landed hits on him.

Until we get clear evidence that Norton/Ruffalo Hulk does get stronger as the fight goes on (which we have not got in 2 movies so far) Bana Hulk stomps.

Edit- Also Healing power was specifically shown. And shown to be very impressive. Plus add his much greater speed, plus his ability to leap much much further, and yeah it's clear Bana Hulk stomps.

Even if Bana Hulk was s***

Robtard
No, the implication was clear in the Norton film with that scene. Abomination is clearly the more powerful at the beginning of the fight, Abomination even states "that's all you got?", later when the stakes are higher, Hulk overpowers him and does so quickly.

Anger/stress = more power. Ignoring it cos it "wasn't directly stated" is deliberately being obtuse to what was shown.

KingD19
I wasn't stated that Hawkeye had superhuman accuracy, yet he no look almost behind the back shot a Chitauri flyer with enough accuracy to blow it up mid-flight.

DARTH POWER
No, the implication was clear in the Norton film with that scene.

No it wasn't at all. Your seeing what you want to see. And implications do not equal proven abilities.

Abomination is clearly the more powerful at the beginning of the fight, Abomination even states "that's all you got?",

And he remained stronger the whole fight? Why didn't Hulk get stronger? Why was he having trouble standing almost being knocked out?

later when the stakes are higher, Hulk overpowers him and does so quickly.

Again you ignoring that in pretty much every movie, every hero fights better when there's more at stake (usually their girl). It's not proving anything.

Besides Hulk beat Abom with tactics. He was losing until he smashed the floor and wrapped Abom in that chain. Nothing showed him getting stronger. A lot of scenes however showed him getting weaker.

Anger/stress = more power. Ignoring it cos it "wasn't directly stated" is deliberately being obtuse to what was shown.

Yeah except he never actually got more powerful. Frankly your just making shit up, and trying to pull your own baseless speculation (or implication as your calling it) off as fact.

That aint gonna roll on KMC boy!

I wasn't stated that Hawkeye had superhuman accuracy, yet he no look almost behind the back shot a Chitauri flyer with enough accuracy to blow it up mid-flight.

They showed his accuracy. They didn't show Hulk gets stronger the longer he fights. They did show when he took a hard hit from Abom, he was in pain and almost brought to his knees. Yet never became more powerful as a result.

DARTH POWER
For you guys claiming it was clearly shown that Hulk got stronger because he pulled off Abom's arm with new determination...

Well I guess Sam Ramai also clearly showed Spiderman gets stronger as he gets madder right?

Because Green Goblin was kicking the crap out of him until he threatened MJ, then suddenly Spidey overpowered him..

So I guess Spidey also gets stronger the madder he gets, because it was clearly shown right??!

Robtard
No it wasn't at all. Your seeing what you want to see. And implications do not equal proven abilities.

And he remained stronger the whole fight? Why didn't Hulk get stronger? Why was he having trouble standing almost being knocked out?

Again you ignoring that in pretty much every movie, every hero fights better when there's more at stake (usually their girl). It's not proving anything.

Besides Hulk beat Abom with tactics. He was losing until he smashed the floor and wrapped Abom in that chain. Nothing showed him getting stronger. A lot of scenes however showed him getting weaker.

Yeah except he never actually got more powerful

What I'm seeing is what was clearly shown. His eyes even glowed greener as an indicator for the audience.

Huh? Hulk did get stronger at the end of the fight. This is what I am saying.

This wasn't just a "fights better", Hulk was clearly pinned and out-muscled, then the rage/stress kicked in and he used nothing but pure physical strength to overpower. It was even in the classic hand-clashed-together feat of strength.

Again, no. Hulk first overpowered the Abomination with nothing but strength (see above), the ass-beating tactics came after that scene.

Except for the scene where he clearly did (see above). I'd post it, but can't find it on youtube.

edit: Found it. Start from around 4:50. Hulk is clearly the noticeably weaker of the two, then anger/stress (5:16) kicks in; eyes glow (5:18) and he overpowers with nothing except physical strength: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=944Uqb5xWh8

It's clear what the director was telling us.

0mega Spawn
For you guys claiming it was clearly shown that Hulk got stronger because he pulled off Abom's arm with new determination...

Well I guess Sam Ramai also clearly showed Spiderman gets stronger as he gets madder right?

Because Green Goblin was kicking the crap out of him until he threatened MJ, then suddenly Spidey overpowered him..

So I guess Spidey also gets stronger the madder he gets, because it was clearly shown right??! laughing that also applies to damn near every action movie

Robtard

So I guess Spidey also gets stronger the madder he gets, because it was clearly shown right??!

You're being deliberately obtuse again.

GG had the advantage of his glider and that Spider-Man was trying to save people in the beginning of the fight, so he was able to trounce SM with gear/weapons, then he stopped to gloat, threatened MJ and SM pulled his act together. Anger can cause people to become stronger in general due to adrenaline.

But it's an apple to oranges comparing these two fights. Was GG never shown to be well above and beyond SM in terms of strength, as Abomination was clearly shown to be over the Hulk? IIRC, they were always close in the film.

Just watch the damned clip I posted.

ares834
Not to mention Hulk is based on a comic character who get stronger as he get angrier...

Newjak
Hulk clearly could get stronger the angrier he got.

He it happened twice in TIH. Once with Abom. The other time when he was getting hit by those sonic cannons.

Both times he was being beaten then he sees something happen. His eyes glow green and then he overcomes said beating.

I think both times showed him getting stronger.

Robtard
Originally posted by Newjak
Hulk clearly could get stronger the angrier he got.

He it happened twice in TIH. Once with Abom. The other time when he was getting hit by those sonic cannons.

Both times he was being beaten then he sees something happen. His eyes glow green and then he overcomes said beating.

I think both times showed him getting stronger.

You're absolutely right, I just watched that scene and his eyes do the glow right before he overcomes the sonic-waves.

Good call.

0mega Spawn
not taking sides but how does one eyes turning green signify increase in strength?

you could actually see bana hulk size increase.

Robtard
Originally posted by 0mega Spawn
not taking sides but how does one eyes turning green signify increase in strength?

you could actually see bana hulk size increase.

It wasn't that alone, when you piece together that both times prior the the eyes Hulk was being overpowered, then he growled, his eyes glowed and then was suddenly able to overcome what had been beating him. Do you think it's more likely just something they threw in for the hell of it and it's a coincidence it happened the two times Hulk was being beaten?

IMO, it was just a visual for the audience to illustrate the power-set. 2003 did it was the size increase for the visual.

KingD19
Glowing green eyes = more gamma energy exhuded = stronger/angrier

dadudemon
I do agree with Robtard that Hulk got angrier/stronger when he overpowered and beat Abomination. I do not think it should be debated as it is very obvious: something that should be a given.

However, one thing that IS debateable is 08's regeneration rate: it is certainly faster than a humans but much slower than Ang Lee's Hulk.

Here's how I weigh in on this (I have not seen this movie and, therefore, my opinion means nothing concerning the new Hulk): Bana's Hulk was very strong, fast, durable, and agile. Much more so than 08's hulk. His Healing Factor was much greater than 08's Hulk.

Until I see the movie (which I will see this weekend with my son ....good times smile ), I will hold out my opinion.

Glowing green eyes = more gamma energy exhuded = stronger/angrier

exuded*

DARTH POWER
You're being deliberately obtuse again.

GG had the advantage of his glider and that Spider-Man was trying to save people in the beginning of the fight, so he was able to trounce SM with gear/weapons, then he stopped to gloat, threatened MJ and SM pulled his act together. Anger can cause people to become stronger in general due to adrenaline.

But it's an apple to oranges comparing these two fights. Was GG never shown to be well above and beyond SM in terms of strength, as Abomination was clearly shown to be over the Hulk? IIRC, they were always close in the film.

Just watch the damned clip I posted.

Lol I've got the damn film.

Again your attaching your own meaning to it.

Hulk did not get stronger when Abom punched him around. So he doesn't have that power set. All your arguing is when Betty was threatened he fought better.

Which basically means squat, because it happens in pretty much every super hero movie.

Spiderman was getting beaten down when Goblin was off his glider. He was beating the crap out of him. Then Goblin threatens Mary Jane and suddenly Spiderman seemingly gets stronger..

So I guess he gets stronger as he gets madder too?

Originally posted by ares834
Not to mention Hulk is based on a comic character who get stronger as he get angrier...

That doesn't prove anything. He's also based on a character who can leap hundreds of miles in the air and smash planets in one punch. Yet Norton Hulk clearly could not do any of that.

And the whole fight with Abom he clearly wasn't getting stronger, but weaker.

So these guys are clearly wrong. How can his power set only activate when Betty is around?

And if it does, then unless Betty's around he will lose to Bana Hulk.

Bana Hulk stomps anyway. Healin ability, speed, Agility, Strength shown to clearly and easily increase throughout a fight (without being dependent on Betty being there Lol).

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by dadudemon
I do agree with Robtard that Hulk got angrier/stronger when he overpowered and beat Abomination. I do not think it should be debated as it is very obvious: something that should be a given.

That's not obvious at all.

He beat him by strangling him in that chain.

The whole fight he was he didn't get stronger, so even if we're to believe this notion that he got stronger right at the end, his strength clearly doesn't grow at the rate and with the ease Bana Hulk does.

So Bana Hulk is faster, stronger, and has proven regeneration.

He stomps.

laughing that also applies to damn near every action movie

Exactly! Using that as proof is ridiculous laughing out loud

Especially when he didn't get stronger the whole rest of the fight.

Newjak

However, one thing that IS debateable is 08's regeneration rate: it is certainly faster than a humans but much slower than Ang Lee's Hulk.

Here's how I weigh in on this (I have not seen this movie and, therefore, my opinion means nothing concerning the new Hulk): Bana's Hulk was very strong, fast, durable, and agile. Much more so than 08's hulk. His Healing Factor was much greater than 08's Hulk.

Until I see the movie (which I will see this weekend with my son ....good times smile ), I will hold out my opinion.

exuded* I actually don't remember TIH, or even Avengers Hulk having any notable HF.

In fact at the end of his ABom fight it still looks like he has all the wounds from the fight and none of them are shown healing from what I remember.

golem370
Yeah The Hulk two was still injured from the fight with Abom. I think only the Hulk from the first movie showed a healing factor after that bomb in the desert he also seem immune to that sleeping gas as well which might be from a healing factor too.

juggerman
I do believe that Norton Hulk was getting stronger the madder he got but it was MUCH SLOWER than Ang Lee Hulk plus Ang Hulk had so many other advantages that he would obliterate Norton Hulk AND Rufflao Hulk at the same time (yes i know they are supposed to be the same Hulk)

Robtard
Lol I've got the damn film.

Again your attaching your own meaning to it.

Hulk did not get stronger when Abom punched him around. So he doesn't have that power set. All your arguing is when Betty was threatened he fought better.

Which basically means squat, because it happens in pretty much every super hero movie.

Spiderman was getting beaten down when Goblin was off his glider. He was beating the crap out of him. Then Goblin threatens Mary Jane and suddenly Spiderman seemingly gets stronger..

So I guess he gets stronger as he gets madder too?

Again, I'm not, it's clear to me (and others).

Again, he did. Also happened in the park and Betty was not in danger at that time, he was in danger.

Except here it was clear they were showing a known Hulk power-set.

I addressed your Spider-Man comparison.

We'll just have to agree to disagree. I see the eyes glowing and Hulk suddenly being able to over-powered lift-threatening issues (to himself and others) where he previously lacked the strength as an indicator of the known power. You don't. Cheers.

DARTH POWER

We'll just have to agree to disagree. I see the eyes glowing and Hulk suddenly being able to over-powered lift-threatening issues (to himself and others) where he previously lacked the strength as an indicator of the known power. You don't. Cheers.

But you haven't addressed Abom beating him to a pulp but Hulk not getting stronger.

So even if your right Robtard he clearly doesn't grow stronger as easily and consistently as Bana Hulk.

Add that to all the other advantages Bana Hulk has - Healing, Speed, Leaping miles in a single bound, and it's quite obvious to me who wins.

Robtard
But you haven't addressed Abom beating him to a pulp but Hulk not getting stronger.

So even if your right Robtard he clearly doesn't grow stronger as easily and consistently as Bana Hulk.

Add that to all the other advantages Bana Hulk has - Healing, Speed, Leaping miles in a single bound, and it's quite obvious to me who wins.

LoL. I have several times now. Beginning of the fight, Abomination kicked his ass, end of the fight when Hulk was stabbed, bleeding and pushed against the wall and Betty was in danger, his eyes glowed and he used pure physical strength to overpower the guy who had been clearly stomping him before. If you add up the above and the park scene, it's clear, at least to me. You disagree; I'm fine with that.

Correct, Norton was was more subtle with Hulk's powers, the visual wasn't as in your face as Bana-Hulk growing to be 18 feet tall nor was it outright said.

I've never argued that 03 Hulk would lose to 08 Hulk, that's a clear stomp in 03's favor. This fight is about 03 Hulk and 2012 Hulk. While 2012 is supposed to be the same character as 08 Hulk, he's clearly been improved in the Avengers film.

Patient_Leech
Does no one else realize how stupid this shit is?

0mega Spawn
I do realise that eye color changes do not signify strength increase.

going by what I saw he'd get slightly smarter since against those sonic weapons he decided to use a shield after said eye color change.

or when he fought abom he was getting his ass whooped majority of the fight the up & decided he'd use a weapon. & get abom in a position where he couldn't fight back.

the ninjak
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Does no one else realize how stupid this shit is?

This fight is metaphorically Hulk beating himself off.

Psychotron
I think Bana Hulk's HF is going to be a massive advantage even if Avengers Hulk is stronger.

golem370
Norton's Hulk seemed reluctant to fight.

KingD19
This is Ruffalo Hulk though, who had no problem fighting whatsoever.

Lestov16
Yeah. That's the thing. Hulk was shown breaking those Fish monsters in half with one punch, and those Fish monsters looked to be a lot bigger than an Abrams Tank.

And didn't Bruce go on a speel about specifically about his regen, about when he tried to shoot himself in the head and the Hulk spit back out the bullet? Not to mention how easy he is able to leap on and through buildings, not to mention crash through them from great distances.

DARTH POWER
LoL. I have several times now. Beginning of the fight, Abomination kicked his ass, end of the fight when Hulk was stabbed, bleeding and pushed against the wall and Betty was in danger, his eyes glowed and he used pure physical strength to overpower the guy who had been clearly stomping him before.

Nooo your still ignoring the point. I know your saying he got stronger right at the end of the fight. I get that.

What I'm saying is Where was the Strength Increase the Rest of the Bloody fight when he was getting his Ass Whooped! You keep ignoring that point.

Correct, Norton was was more subtle with Hulk's powers, the visual wasn't as in your face as Bana-Hulk growing to be 18 feet tall nor was it outright said.

Assuming that strength increase did exist with Norton's Hulk, then it was very very subtle.

But my point is it wasn't consistent either (only happened right at the very end of the Abom fight), so can't be relied upon.

I've never argued that 03 Hulk would lose to 08 Hulk, that's a clear stomp in 03's favor. This fight is about 03 Hulk and 2012 Hulk. While 2012 is supposed to be the same character as 08 Hulk, he's clearly been improved in the Avengers film.

Yeah and I think Bana Hulk still wins. (Though this at least would be a fight).

At base strength Ruffalo Hulk starts out stronger (seemingly). But Bana Hulk increases strength too quickly. Plus there's the proven healing factor. And the speed. So Bana Hulk is still superior by a fair bit.

DARTH POWER
I do realise that eye color changes do not signify strength increase.

going by what I saw he'd get slightly smarter since against those sonic weapons he decided to use a shield after said eye color change.

or when he fought abom he was getting his ass whooped majority of the fight the up & decided he'd use a weapon. & get abom in a position where he couldn't fight back.

LOL

dadudemon
At base strength Ruffalo Hulk starts out stronger (seemingly). But Bana Hulk increases strength too quickly. Plus there's the proven healing factor. And the speed. So Bana Hulk is still superior by a fair bit.

I disagree with all of your other points but I think you may be right on this one.

I see this shit tomorrow! I am TIRED OF TEH WAITINGZ! mad mad mad

golem370
When Abom had him pinned against the wall he couldn't break free he saw Betty and got madder and showed imo a strength increase being able to grab aboms arms from against his neck even Abom seemed alittle suprised that he was being overpowered.

DARTH POWER
When Abom had him pinned against the wall he couldn't break free he saw Betty and got madder and showed imo a strength increase being able to grab aboms arms from against his neck even Abom seemed alittle suprised that he was being overpowered.

Yeah but even if your right, where was the strength increase the rest of the fight?

It's obviously not a consistent power that can be relied upon. Whilst Bana Hulk's strength increase is larger, more consistent and more reliable.

janus77
Norton Hulk was reluctant to attack anything, he was characterised by fear and distrust of his powers.

Bana Hulk was initially scared but he admitted he enjoyed the feeling immensely. That might have played a significant part in their relative performances against the military.

Also, Norton Banner though denying any presence during the Hulk moments was show to be (at least) misremembering things, when Liv's Betty said that she felt Hulk both recognised and responded to her.

Basically Norton was too busy showing just how much he didn't want to be The Hulk. He was in denial of his true capacity to engage with it, whereas Bana got over that fear quite quickly and came to enjoy and revel in it.

Lestov16
I love how you guys are arguing about 08 Hulk when the thread title specifies Ruffalo Hulk

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Lestov16
I love how you guys are arguing about 08 Hulk when the thread title specifies Ruffalo Hulk

Both Hulk's are from the same continuity.

Patient_Leech
This fight is metaphorically Hulk beating himself off.

Exactly, which is why this "VS" is even stupider than usual. C'mon, guys. There's more interesting things to discuss... we're not 12 years old.. or maybe some of you are... i dunno.

*kills self* death

DARTH POWER
^ Well it is Versus forum. What do you expect us to talk about here?

Lestov16
Gay walrus porn. What else?

Patient_Leech
^ Well it is Versus forum. What do you expect us to talk about here?

I expect these stupid forums to die, because it's a topic for juveniles with brain injuries.

Gay walrus porn. What else?

That's a perfect alternative. laughing

Robtard
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
I expect these stupid forums to die, because it's a topic for juveniles with brain injuries.

Yet here you are both reading and posting. Odd.

KingD19

They are technically the same HUlk, but Ruffalo is a lot more powerful going by feats, and a lot more willing to fight.

Patient_Leech
Yet here you are both reading and posting. Odd.

Nice try, dick. I have not once contributed to this inane topic. I've simply berated it.

Robtard
Edgy.

Nephthys
http://www.memecreator.org/static/images/memes/13759.jpg

Lestov16
They are technically the same HUlk, but Ruffalo is a lot more powerful going by feats, and a lot more willing to fight.

Yeah that's what I mean. Nobody's talking about Hulk's feats in The Avengers, like when he broke that Chitauri fish in half (right after his transformation). They're just talking about his limits in 08', which have been rendered moot since Hulk was less experienced then.

KingD19
Exactly. He also steered the other one.

Lestov16
I'm still gonna say Bana Hulk, because he has (unless I'm proven wrong) a durability/regen and speed/leaping advantage

Zack Fair
If the vs forums vanished KMC would be dead.

Robtard
Norton and therefore Ruffalo Hulk can leap just as well as the Bana Hulk. If leaping really far is some advantage in this fight.

Lestov16
Well I know Buffalo outdoes Banana in strength, considering the former was able to break a building-sized Chitauri Fish in half with one punch (immediately after transforming), which pretty much outdoes every strength feat the latter had in his film

KingD19
And Hulk didn't use his running speed in any real fights. Like against the Gamma Dogs.

Lestov16
So what advantages does Banana Hulk have over Buffalo Hulk?

KingD19
He didn't really take any damage Ruffalo Hulk couldn't take.

He can run faster.

Maybe he can jump farther. Although neither of those are a factor in what's sure to be a slugfest.

Lestov16
Ugh. I don't know. I may have to call stalemate, due to the fact that they both have a healing factor and Banana Hulk has been specifically stated to have strength exponential to his anger

KingD19
True, but the strength levels the two of them start out at are so staggeringly different, Bana may not have time to amp sufficiently to hang with Ruffalo.

He didn't really do much, and the only thing Ruffalo couldn't easily replicate was the thing against his dad.

Lestov16
That's my main problem. If Buffalo starts out by immediately decking Banana with one of his Chitauri-Fish punches, will Banana withstand, or will he fall (I'm assuming K.O also counts as win here?)

KingD19
When he did amp, it took a while. Like when the Gamma dogs were pushing his shit in and he finally grew a foot and some change and snapped the poodle's jaw. And if Bana gets hit with one of those, if he's not out, he'll be close.

Lestov16
Now that I ponder about it, didn't Buffalo shrug off a barrage from the Chitauri Horde. A single one of those blasts was decimating cars, and they fired on him en masse, and it didn't seem to affect him in the least bit. If he can withstand that, he can withstand anything Banana throws at him

KingD19
He got a bloody nose and couldn't mount an offensive, but he was okay afterwards.

lilshogun
Ang Lee's Hulk is sooooo Big wasn't he raging up to 25 feet tall?

Lestov16
Wasn't the Leviathan the size of a building, and look what happened to it

KingD19
25? What? He never got that big.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Zack Fair
If the vs forums vanished KMC would be dead.

Sad, but probably true.

Robtard
Hulk after the alien barrage, no blood; he wasn't damaged.

http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/5936/avenhulk.jpg

ares834
You can see it in this HQ pic.

http://bestmoviesevernews.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/avengers-incredible-hulk-images-ggnoads.jpg

Robtard
Good call, I have a craptastic Dutch cam-copy. I was paying attention to the mouth, as that's were I was told previously he was bleeding from.

He's completely fine and not showing blood the next time we see him, which is the IM rescue seen. So I guess they did include a healing-factor.

Nephthys
Or he wiped his nose.

Lestov16
Originally posted by Nephthys
Or he wiped his nose.

With Loki's cape big grin

But even if he had a bloody nose, the fact that he sustained only a bloody nose after a massive barrage like that, plus the fact that the next time we see him, it's healed, should suggest his level of durability

DARTH POWER

He's completely fine and not showing blood the next time we see him, which is the IM rescue seen. So I guess they did include a healing-factor.

A healing factor wouldn't get rid of the blood that's already dripped.

You jump to conclusions way too quickly and with too little evidence.

But even if he had a bloody nose, the fact that he sustained only a bloody nose after a massive barrage like that, plus the fact that the next time we see him, it's healed, should suggest his level of durability

Point being he's not completely invulnerable like some people were trying to claim.

With enough power output he can be damaged.

Robtard
A healing factor wouldn't get rid of the blood that's already dripped.

You jump to conclusions way too quickly and with too little evidence.

But it would stop the blood from continuing and if you noticed he was clearly in pain(as you claimed before pain always = damage) in that rubble scene, so it's a logical conclusion. Hulk's power-set is having a healing factor, assuming he doesn't have one unless specifically stated or shown he doesn't is silly.

You try to downplay who you want to see lose too much.

Lestov16

Point being he's not completely invulnerable like some people were trying to claim.

With enough power output he can be damaged.

Well, I don't see Banana Hulk hitting Buffalo with a hit with the power of the en-masse alien horde blasts. And even if he can potentially reach that level of strength, he doesn't start out with it, which sucks since Buffalo has been proven to start out with Chitauri-fish-crushing hits, so when they first start, Buffalo's gonna have a huge advantage over him, and if he can put Banana down before he can reach an appropriate strength level, he should take the win

dadudemon
I saw avengers yesterday.

Ang Lee's version of Hulk is definitely much stronger. Like....a lot stronger. He also seems to be the one who would win this confrontation based on several factors.

However, their durability is definitely in question.

I do not know how much it would take to knock out Bana Hulk but I do know how much it would take to knock out Ruffalo's Hulk: a fall from altitude. What was it, 18,000 feet? Bana's Hulk had an even higher fall and was not knocked out. Also, Bana's Hulk showed more intelligence/tactics. At one point, he kicked the little train trolley when being fired upon by all of the soldiers, around when he first escaped his cell. He also knew where the command center was and threw the "vault" cover into it. That's pretty smart. He also seemed to have more emotions than this other Hulk as he visited his childhood "dorms" on the old base. That's when he survived the low-yield nuke (and got his only injury). At worst, it was a vacuum bomb which is on the same level as a low-yield nuke. He also used the turret from a tank as a shield from another shell round because he had taken two shell rounds prior (once in the sand approaching them from a distance and once while charging them).

No healing factor was seen from Ruffalo's, despite what others are saying. His durability is quite good, as well. He also seems dumber than Bana's Hulk.

The movie (Hulk) can be watched here, in 720P, for free (after it starts to play, allow it to buffer for a few minutes by pausing it):

http://www.gsmovies.com/movie.php?id=14517

It has a time limit so be ready to adjust your IP address. smile

KingD19
I saw avengers yesterday.

Ang Lee's version of Hulk is definitely much stronger. Like....a lot stronger. He also seems to be the one who would win this confrontation based on several factors.

However, their durability is definitely in question.

I do not know how much it would take to knock out Bana Hulk but I do know how much it would take to knock out Ruffalo's Hulk: a fall from altitude. What was it, 18,000 feet? Bana's Hulk had an even higher fall and was not knocked out. Also, Bana's Hulk showed more intelligence/tactics. At one point, he kicked the little train trolley when being fired upon by all of the soldiers, around when he first escaped his cell. He also knew where the command center was and threw the "vault" cover into it. That's pretty smart. He also seemed to have more emotions than this other Hulk as he visited his childhood "dorms" on the old base. That's when he survived the low-yield nuke (and got his only injury). At worst, it was a vacuum bomb which is on the same level as a low-yield nuke. He also used the turret from a tank as a shield from another shell round because he had taken two shell rounds prior (once in the sand approaching them from a distance and once while charging them).

No healing factor was seen from Ruffalo's, despite what others are saying. His durability is quite good, as well. He also seems dumber than Bana's Hulk.

The movie (Hulk) can be watched here, in 720P, for free (after it starts to play, allow it to buffer for a few minutes by pausing it):

http://www.gsmovies.com/movie.php?id=14517

It has a time limit so be ready to adjust your IP address. smile

What did Bana Hulk do that surpassed Ruffalo Hulk's Chitauri behemoth punch? Or steering one with strength alone?

He fell from 30,000 feet, and he wasn't knocked out. The guy who found him said he was still green raging until he turned back into Banner. It was Banner who was knocked out. If that fall didn't ko Thor, it definitely wouldn't ko Hulk.

That wasn't a nuke. It was a gamma bomb.

If anything, Ruffalo Hulk showed more intelligence as he could follow orders fairly well, could speak when it suited him, and knew how to hold a grudge. Bana might have shown my intuitive nature, but he needed it. Ruffalo Hulk just smashed through everything. He was also smart enough to cut the second chitauri behemoth off and take a shortcut through the office building to get to him, then steered him away from the building. Ruffalo Hulk was even smart enough to keep Banner from dying because he knew he'd die as well. When Banner said he shot himself and Hulk spit the bullet out.

As for emotions. Bana showed what, angry and sad? And him going home was a result of his "homing instinct" wasn't it? Ruffalo showed anger, humor, pettiness, etc...

janus77
Hulk wasn't unconscious as a result of the fall, the old man said he was still awake after the fall.

It's probably just the transformation to Banner, that required Hulk fall asleep (as in the tv series too, iirc).

Zack Fair
Don't really see how Bana Hulk is stronger.

KingD19

He was having trouble with the gamma dogs and couldn't even fully smash an Abrams tank.

janus77
Those gamma poodles were ferocious (even if they ruined the film for me) and David Banner was pretty insanely powerful.

The stuff with the tanks seems more akin to him holding back and attempting to put the vehicles out of commission without putting the soldiers out of commission too.

He also took a bazooka to the eyeball, iirc.

Overall, I still don't think Ruffalo Hulk has feats of the same calibre. Only the one-punch death blow to the giant robo-fish-carrier thing was good, the rest is not really worthy of comparison with Bana Hulk.

Mindship
I've watched Bana Hulk in action multiple times; Ruffalo Hulk I've only seen once. My first thought is to give it to B-Hulk, but the more I think about it (trying to remember), R-Hulk may have the edge. Not sure yet. R-Hulk one-shotting the leviathan was pretty damn cool; B-Hulk having to use a piece of tank to tank a tank shot was a bit disappointing.

Lestov16
He also took a bazooka to the eyeball, iirc. So what? Buffalo took an alien hordes en mass attack, which at the most gave him a bloody nose which he seemingly heals from since it doesnt appear moments later

Overall, I still don't think Ruffalo Hulk has feats of the same calibre. Only the one-punch death blow to the giant robo-fish-carrier thing was good, the rest is not really worthy of comparison with Bana Hulk. Thats al he needs to prove himself. Based on that buffalo can replicate any of bananas feats but nothing shows that banana can replicate buffalos feat and like i said maybe he can reach that stage of strentgh eventually but buffalo starts out with it so he can put bana down before bana can gain the strentgh to defend himself

golem370
The bomb in the desert at the base where bana was held was that the first look at that Stark Bomb before the Iron Man movie?

dadudemon
What did Bana Hulk do that surpassed Ruffalo Hulk's Chitauri behemoth punch? Or steering one with strength alone?

You mean when the behemoth pushed Hulk back quite a bit while he held his fist in place and the momentum of the behemoth caused it to continue to move forward?

Let's not blow feats out of proportion. no expression

And steering one by moving the plates on it's back? Again, let's not blow things out of proportion.

What did Hulk do that surpassed Hulk's punch? He threw a fully armed Abrams Tank several hundred meters. That tank weighed 68-75 tons (depending on the armament and model). If we assume the Chitauri weigh about as much as a adolescent blue whale (they are not nearly as big as an adult blue whale but they have metal plates which would increase their mass...so I estimate their weight to be around 40-60 tons), Bana's Hulk vastly outclasses Ruffalo's and not even by a little: by a lot.

He fell from 30,000 feet, and he wasn't knocked out. The guy who found him said he was still green raging until he turned back into Banner. It was Banner who was knocked out. If that fall didn't ko Thor, it definitely wouldn't ko Hulk.

No, it was much lower than that. They mentioned that they were around 20,000 feet. That Hulk was on a jet that lost quite a bit of altitude at a couple of points not to mention the altitude they experience due to the loss of one engine.

That wasn't a nuke. It was a gamma bomb.

Gamma bomb is still a nuke and it had the nuke effects, but that wasn't what I was talking about.

If anything, Ruffalo Hulk showed more intelligence as he could follow orders fairly well,

He could not. Stop wanking.

could speak when it suited him,

Bana's Hulk could speak as well...but in much more complete sentences. Or did you miss the part where that alter-ego of his spoke to Bana when Hulk's rage completely took over Bana's personality? (Which is part of the reason that version of Hulk was better than the '08 and Avengers versions).

and knew how to hold a grudge.

Holding a grudge is hardly comparable to biting off the warhead of a missile and spitting it at the tail of a helicopter. smile

Bana might have shown my intuitive nature, but he needed it.

No, he showed clear forward thinking on level with any military person. He was quite tactical which was surprising to me. I had forgotten about those until I watched the film again, today.

Ruffalo Hulk just smashed through everything.

Indeed. He was much more of a mindless Hulk than Bana's.

He was also smart enough to cut the second chitauri behemoth off and take a shortcut through the office building to get to him, then steered him away from the building.

That's not smart at all. That's just simply running, head on, at something. That's less forward thinking than hunting spiders...and I do not need to remind you of how small and simple their brains are.

Ruffalo Hulk was even smart enough to keep Banner from dying because he knew he'd die as well.

No, that's not what happened or what was stated. You're making things up, now. What WAS stated, however, was that Banner tried to kill himself by putting a bullet in his mouth and he turned into the Hulk................any type of injuries turn him into the Hulk. You don't turn die immediately from being shot in the mouth.

When Banner said he shot himself and Hulk spit the bullet out.

Indeed. That's not the same as the Hulk thinking ahead, forcing his way out, and saving both of them, like you're injecting into the story.

As for emotions. Bana showed what, angry and sad?

Going down the list:

Happiness, sadness, rage, serenity, spiritual peace (lol...like...for real ...he hippy'ed out for a moment), revenge, kindness, excitation, hate, pain, terror, hope, worry, weariness, curiosity, determination, and man, I'm tired of this.

And him going home was a result of his "homing instinct" wasn't it?

I don't think you can call it "homing instinct" when we are clearly shown flashbacks from his childhood as he reminisced about his past memories. Hardly a "homing instinct".

You could try harder to downplay Bana's version of Hulk because you got a little excited while watching Avengers. But it would be difficult. no expression

Ruffalo showed anger, humor, pettiness, etc...

No, Ruffalo's Hulk showed Anger, Rage, revenge, rage, anger, madness, anger, rage, anger, madness, rage, anger, impatience, anger, rage, rage, rage, rage, rage, rage, etc.

Originally posted by janus77
Hulk wasn't unconscious as a result of the fall, the old man said he was still awake after the fall.

No, the old man did not say that.

Cool. No need for you to see that, though, as I can see well enough for both of us. big grin

He was having trouble with the gamma dogs and couldn't even fully smash an Abrams tank.

lol

Gamma dogs...were like copies of Hulk. Hulk Smashed. smile

And "couldn't even fully smash an Abrams Tank": lol. Downplay, much?

Thats al he needs to prove himself. Based on that buffalo can replicate any of bananas feats but nothing shows that banana can replicate buffalos feat and like i said maybe he can reach that stage of strentgh eventually but buffalo starts out with it so he can put bana down before bana can gain the strentgh to defend himself

No, Ruffalo's Hulk cannot replicate everything Bana's Hulk did.

Also, as the movie progresses, Bana's Hulk can go insta-big size.

What I see a lot in this thread is tons of Avengers movie hype/excitation and no objectivity. Cool. Glad you guys liked the new Avengers film. But stop wanking all over the new version of Hulk.

dadudemon
Forgot about the part where he throws the giant ass rock a hundred or so feet that his father was in. That rock could weigh into the hundreds of tons. Using the volume of a cylinder, I estimate around 250 tonnes (not tons) for the mass of that pillar he threw. Definitely far more strength required to do that than the punch the other Hulk gave.

And for those that say the gamma radiation fuels Hulk: the Gamma Charge bomb that they launched at Hulk and his father (David) destroyed David and caused Hulk to revert into his human form. Seems quite clear that it was a detriment to Hulk and his Father, not a "good" thing. Sure, gamma radiation activated the genetic modification David performed against himself and his son. But a "help" to them, it was not.

jalek moye

to be fair, most people would have a hell of a time taking out a small pack of large dogs. Dog versions of Hulk would prolly be the same

DARTH POWER
But it would stop the blood from continuing and if you noticed he was clearly in pain(as you claimed before pain always = damage) in that rubble scene, so it's a logical conclusion. Hulk's power-set is having a healing factor, assuming he doesn't have one unless specifically stated or shown he doesn't is silly.

You try to downplay who you want to see lose too much.

So I guess Thor has a healing power as well. Since his nose bleed disappeared as well.

Wow Thor really would kill Hulk wink

Well, I don't see Banana Hulk hitting Buffalo with a hit with the power of the en-masse alien horde blasts. And even if he can potentially reach that level of strength, he doesn't start out with it, which sucks since Buffalo has been proven to start out with Chitauri-fish-crushing hits, so when they first start, Buffalo's gonna have a huge advantage over him, and if he can put Banana down before he can reach an appropriate strength level, he should take the win

Very unlikely considering Bana Hulk's Incredible Healing factor, and the rate at which he increases strength.

Mindship
BTW, did anyone notice who that old man was, the one who found Ruffalo when he regained consciousness, the one who asked if he was an "alien"?

Harry Dean Stanton: Bret from "Alien."
Also, I believe Powers Boothe was the head of the Council.

Placidity
Originally posted by Mindship

Also, I believe Powers Boothe was the head of the Council.

I thought so too

Lestov16
bJWBUrf9aQo

8wrNMPRriwc

0mega Spawn
LMAO hulk didn't punch that thing in half he punched its head down(denting it) causing it to roll on its back (due to the way its built) and be shot by iron man

and made the other change direction which bana hulk could do easily.

Robtard
So I guess Thor has a healing power as well. Since his nose bleed disappeared as well.

Wow Thor really would kill Hulk wink

If you noticed, last time we see Thor before the big showdown he's in the field, looking at his hammer, his nose is still bleeding, he's not wearing his armored sleeves and his cape is gone, then he appears later in full armor, wearing his cape and all showered and cleaned/dressed up. So it stands to reason he cleaned/dressed himself up somewhere(maybe went back to the helicarrier?).

It's possible, he'd be the only one in that film to have the chance.

Robtard
LMAO hulk didn't punch that thing in half he punched its head down(denting it) causing it to roll on its back (due to the way its built) and be shot by iron man

and made the other change direction which bana hulk could do easily.

It wasn't in half. He punched it hard enough that it caved in it's head a bit and sent what appeared to be a shock-wave up it's body that broke apart its armored shell. That or those things are build so poorly they break apart when they go vertical.

Lestov16
I also posted that video to show the Leviathan's mass, and to show Hulk withstanding the alien barrage

dadudemon
If you noticed, last time we see Thor before the big showdown he's in the field, looking at his hammer, his nose is still bleeding, he's not wearing his armored sleeves and his cape is gone, then he appears later in full armor, wearing his cape and all showered and cleaned/dressed up. So it stands to reason he cleaned/dressed himself up somewhere(maybe went back to the helicarrier?).

It's possible, he'd be the only one in that film to have the chance.

I agree.

Thor never once fought him in Full Power mode...

Seems Thor has two modes: regular mode and full power mode.

When he puts the armor on is when Thor Is "full power".

Do you agree?

I may not have paid too much attention to their fight on the carrier but I do not think Thor was wearing his armor when he fought Hulk.

It wasn't in half. He punched it hard enough that it caved in it's head a bit and sent what appeared to be a shock-wave up it's body that broke apart its armored shell. That or those things are build so poorly they break apart when they go vertical.

I thought it was the extreme bending that was causing the armor plates to break.

Edit - Lestov, thanks for posting that vid. I hope you don't get into trouble for posting that.

KingD19
I think when Thor summons his full armor, all his injuries are healed. That's what happened after he got his powers back in Thor.

Robtard
I agree.

Thor never once fought him in Full Power mode...

Seems Thor has two modes: regular mode and full power mode.

When he puts the armor on is when Thor Is "full power".

Do you agree?

I may not have paid too much attention to their fight on the carrier but I do not think Thor was wearing his armor when he fought Hulk.

I thought it was the extreme bending that was causing the armor plates to break.

Edit - Lestov, thanks for posting that vid. I hope you don't get into trouble for posting that.

I don't know, at the beginning Thor was fighting the Hulk defensively; after the Hulk gave him a bloody nose he seemed to be "alright, that's how you want it" and then proceeded to hit Hulk in the face with a full-power blow, as it sent Hulk flying back a good 20-30 feet.

In the carrier fight he just had his breast-plate on, he lacked his armoured sleeves (I assume it's a full shirt) and cape.

Bending is possible, though they seem to be coming apart before the creature is fully vertical, but you may very well be correct. Either way, Hulk punched it and stopped something of that mass and he didn't slide back all that far. What would you say one of those things weighs? 200-300 tons?

dadudemon
I don't know, at the beginning Thor was fighting the Hulk defensively; after the Hulk gave him a bloody nose he seemed to be "alright, that's how you want it" and then proceeded to hit Hulk in the face with a full-power blow, as it sent Hulk flying back a good 20-30 feet.

In the carrier fight he just had his breast-plate on, he lacked his armoured sleeves (I assume it's a full shirt) and cape.

Yes, that's what I mean. I do not know what his sleeves mean, but it would appear that it is his "full power" mode. Maybe it's just more protection. I do know that Thor's gauntlets and belt (megingjord), in the comics, are power amps. They could be trying to supplant his gauntlets or belt for the shirt...or something.

Bending is possible, though they seem to be coming apart before the creature is fully vertical, but you may very well be correct. Either way, Hulk punched it and stopped something of that mass and he didn't slide back all that far. What would you say one of those things weighs? 200-300 tons?

I estimated, because they do not appear to be 100 feet, but do appear to be 70-80 feet, to be around 40-70 tons. They are not a large, in dimensions, as blue whales. Blue whales appear to be thicker and as well as longer...yes homo. However, they are wearing armor. So that should bump up their weight to "young adult" blue whales.

However, compare that to the large rock Bana's Hulk threw towards the end of the movie. I estimated, conservatively, that it was a perfect cylinder (despite it clearly being thicker at the top). Comes to about 248.x tons. I rounded up to 250. Hulk throws that rock hundreds of feet after tearing it out of the side of a cliff. There's no doubt that Bana's Hulk is much stronger in orders of magnitude.

I think when Thor summons his full armor, all his injuries are healed. That's what happened after he got his powers back in Thor.

Okay, makes sense.

It could also make him stronger/add more durability, too. When Thor was fighting the frost giants, it appeared to make him invincible.

DARTH POWER

Hulk throws that rock hundreds of feet after tearing it out of the side of a cliff. There's no doubt that Bana's Hulk is much stronger in orders of magnitude.

thumb up

People are just judging from Ruffalo Hulk's Uber punch and not considering different ways of measuring strength.

Like how far you can throw an object. And Bana Hulk was throwing pretty heavy stuff pretty damn far.

We also forget how Large Bana Hulk was so people may underestimate the size of the objects he was throwing.

Plus let's not forget how far Bana Hulk could leap due to the strength of his Leg muscles!

And his durability was insane too. The Jets chasing him blew up that whole mountain range on top of him.

So add that level of strength and durability to Wolverine type healing abilities and to the rate and ease with which Bana Hulk would increase strength, and it's pretty obvious Ruffalo Hulk is kind of outclassed here.

Mindship
I estimated, because they do not appear to be 100 feet, but do appear to be 70-80 feet, to be around 40-70 tons. They are not a large, in dimensions, as blue whales. Blue whales appear to be thicker and as well as longer...yes homo. However, they are wearing armor. So that should bump up their weight to "young adult" blue whales. Gotta disagree with you here, dude. In the attached image at the bottom, look at how big this thing is compared to the buildings (even the one in the foreground). I would estimate at least 4 stories (40 feet) thick, and at least 10x that in length (400'). At 4x the length of a blue whale and at least 2x the thickness (especially at the tail end), we're talking 4e3x or 64x the mass (let's round down to 60). Typical adult blue whale weighs, what? 150 tons? So a leviathan must weigh several thousand tons. Basically, IMO, we're looking at a flying Virginia-class submarine. Also, living in NYC, I've had several occasion to be near the full size blue whale model in the American Museum of Natural History, and I can tell ya, that whale model is no where near the size of a leviathan.

http://img.defencetalk.com/pictures/data/4581/medium/submarine-SSN-774-virginia-class.JPG Virginia-class sub

However, I do agree with your assessment regarding the boulder Bana Hulk threw. When I googled up images for 300 ton boulder, the sizes were comparable (at least as far as I remember).

dadudemon
Originally posted by Mindship
Gotta disagree with you here, dude. In the attached image at the bottom, look at how big this thing is compared to the buildings (even the one in the foreground). I would estimate at least 4 stories (40 feet) thick, and at least 10x that in length (400'). At 4x the length of a blue whale and at least 2x the thickness (especially at the tail end), we're talking 4e3x or 64x the mass (let's round down to 60). Typical adult blue whale weighs, what? 150 tons? So a leviathan must weigh several thousand tons. Basically, IMO, we're looking at a flying Virginia-class submarine. Also, living in NYC, I've had several occasion to be near the full size blue whale model in the American Museum of Natural History, and I can tell ya, that whale model is no where near the size of a leviathan.

http://img.defencetalk.com/pictures/data/4581/medium/submarine-SSN-774-virginia-class.JPG Virginia-class sub

However, I do agree with your assessment regarding the boulder Bana Hulk threw. When I googled up images for 300 ton boulder, the sizes were comparable (at least as far as I remember).

I disagree, of course.

http://www.madmermaids.com/Blue%20whale.gif

Additionally, the behemoths were rather thin from a "face on" perspective. Much thinner than blue whales. They are smaller than adult blue whales. So they have two different dimensions in which they are smaller than blue whales. A blue whale does weigh as much as 200 tons. Throw in that plated armor, which is not very thick, and that probably adds quite a bit of tonnage to their weight. So I bump them up to, at most, 70 tons. There's no way they are 200 tons, like a full grown blue whale, because they are smaller in length and thickness. Also, that sub is larger than the behemoths. It is also much much denser.

Mindship
I disagree, of course.

http://www.madmermaids.com/Blue%20whale.gif

Additionally, the behemoths were rather thin from a "face on" perspective. Much thinner than blue whales. They are smaller than adult blue whales. So they have two different dimensions in which they are smaller than blue whales. A blue whale does weigh as much as 200 tons. Throw in that plated armor, which is not very thick, and that probably adds quite a bit of tonnage to their weight. So I bump them up to, at most, 70 tons. There's no way they are 200 tons, like a full grown blue whale, because they are smaller in length and thickness. Also, that sub is larger than the behemoths. It is also much much denser. I don't agree with what you say, sir, but I will defend with my life your right to say it. At the very least, I would yell at someone.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>