Avengers Vs Superman (smallville)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

abhilegend
Who wins?

Nephthys
Smallville by a country-mile.

DARTH POWER
Even if we say Thor and Hulk jump Clark, to somewhat negate his speed, he still wins.

He's thrown planet like 5 times the size of Earth.

Even if that was one seriously disappointing ending to Smallville.

The only one who has a chance is Stark (with Prep). He has the intellect to deduce Clark's weakness and the resources to get hold of it.

the ninjak
How come people keep trying to compare Superman to the new film Avengers?

We all know how it turns out. Movie Marvel doesn't even compare to Comic Marvel.

Placidity
Originally posted by the ninjak
Marvel doesn't even compare to DC.

Fixed big grin

the ninjak
I love both.

DARTH POWER
I love both.

thumb up

Unfortunately DC are disappointing us on the big screen.

Placidity
I love both.

I like both too - look at my sig! but you were talking about differences in power levels.

marwash22
EoS Clark on Smallville had ridiculous Speed feats.

abhilegend
Originally posted by marwash22
EoS Clark on Smallville had ridiculous Speed feats.
You're talking about speed, he threw a planet out of solar system in the finale.eek!

marwash22
just saying that his speed puts him well above any of the Avengers, and that coupled with his strength makes this a no-contest.

Robtard
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
thumb up

Unfortunately DC are disappointing us on the big screen.

http://cdn04.cdn.justjared.com/wp-content/uploads/headlines/2011/10/henry-cavill-superman-set.jpg

marwash22
that's what you're into, Rob?

Robtard
Not into man-love. Cavill does look promising as Kent/Superman though. He was a pretty good actor in The Tudors.

marwash22
my expectations for Man of Steel aren't very high.

Robtard
I'm not liking the costume too much so far, but still hoping it's a decent film.

Mairuzu
Originally posted by DARTH POWER

He's thrown planet like 5 times the size of Earth.

I wasn't even bigger than earth stick out tongue

If anything I'd say it was about 1/4 the size of earth but thats still huge.

Robtard
That planet was the size of Saturn according to the the Smallville wiki

marwash22
lol, even if it was the size of Pluto, that's still a better feat than any of the Avengers have.

Impediment
The Avengers will be bleeding from their collective asses.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Placidity
I like both too - look at my sig! but you were talking about differences in power levels. Actually Marvel is more powerful than DC.

While DC's average book superhero star is indeed stronger than Marvel's (I am speaking of the popular ones), when you reach the cosmic level Marvel simply has too many powerful cosmic threats, and is seriously hampered by the very real possibility that the Presence isn't actually omnipotent.

I prefer DC overall though.

Placidity
Originally posted by NemeBro

While DC's average book superhero star is indeed stronger than Marvel's (I am speaking of the popular ones)

That's what I had in mind when I said it.

Originally posted by NemeBro
When you reach the cosmic level Marvel simply has too many powerful cosmic threats

I don't know, when you get to the highest levels, its all the same IMO, both have their ultimate omnipotent "God". TOAA and the Presence are basically the maximally powerful beings in each universe respectively. I don't know about the doubts you have about the Presence, but based on ALL feats and statements and the fact it is based on the Judeo-Christian God (especially in the Vertigo imprints), the evidence overwhelmingly supports that he is supreme.

NemeBro
Only here is the thing: He had an equal in the Great Evil Beast, and only became possibly omnipotent after absorbing it. HOWEVER, the existence of the Primal Monitor also casts his supremity in doubt, since the DC Multiverse created by the Presence is apparently a germ in comparison to it (Though the PM and the Presence may be synonymous, Final Crisis was weird). Marvel is also simply bigger, being a couple tiers larger than DC's verse.

0mega Spawn
I love both. DC has too much spandex

the ninjak
Originally posted by 0mega Spawn
DC has too much spandex

It goes with the more condensed power levels and egos.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.