Thor vs Superman vs Hulk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

keiththegreat
Thor and Superman each stand there and take each attack. They heal between each round. Who gets farther before being KO'ed? Who gets farther without being killed?

1. Each hero shot by 100 shield agents for ten minutes by standard guns.

2. Each hero pounded by the Thing for 10 minutes.

3. Wolverine gets 20 minutes to slash each hero.

4. Hydrogen bomb dropped on each hero's head.

5. Hellicarrier dropped on each hero's head.

6. Current Red Hulk gets to pound each hero as hard as he can for 20 minutes.

7. All the U-Foes blast each hero with everything they've got for 5 minutes.

8. Magneto gets 100 adamantium bullets and gets to attack each hero for 5 minutes.

9.black bolt screams point blank range at each hero.

10. Zeus gets to physcially punch each hero for 10 minutes (fists only)

Greysen93
Well I think Hulk could take the most damage. But between Superman and Thor I think Superman would last longer

juggerman
The standard guns would damage Hulk way more than the others but it wouldnt be too serious

The Thing and Red Hulk would KO Hulk way before Superman if they were to just stand and take it imo. Thor would be somewhere in the middle.

Wolverine slashing would damage Supes and Thor more than Hulk.

Black Bolt might kill Superman due to his super hearing

The rest im not sure

PillarofOsiris
The only one of the three who I see dying at any point is Thor. Logan and magneto would do sone serious damage to hulk but he would survive all of these attacks. Superman weathers this gauntlet the best.

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by juggerman
The standard guns would damage Hulk way more than the others but it wouldnt be too serious

The Thing and Red Hulk would KO Hulk way before Superman if they were to just stand and take it imo. Thor would be somewhere in the middle.

Wolverine slashing would damage Supes and Thor more than Hulk.

The rest im not sure

Are you kidding me? What makes u think Hulk can weather slashing damage better than Supes?

abhilegend
Well, wolverine isn't cutting superman.

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/th_adventuresof602a.jpg http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/th_adventuresof602b.jpg http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/th_adventuresof602c.jpg

That's persuader's axe and later in the same comic cut open a rift in time and space.

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/th_as602p16.jpg

juggerman
Simply because his healing factor seems to be much higher than Supermans. I like Superman alot better but Hulks HF suits him better for this.

Thats assuming Wolverines claws can cut Superman at all which im not 100% sure they can

PillarofOsiris
Simply because his healing factor seems to be much higher than Supermans. I like Superman alot better but Hulks HF suits him better for this.

Thats assuming Wolverines claws can cut Superman at all which im not 100% sure they can

I'm 100% sure that they can't. Hulk's been cut by bone before. And his skin has been pierced by normal darts.

juggerman
I think in this debate we are supposed to assume they can.

Usually i debate that they cant but it wouldnt be in here if keiththegreat didnt think they could

Juntai
If it's not magic in some form, it's not cutting Superman.

juggerman
There have been things not made of magic or Kryptonite that has cut Superman before

abhilegend
There have been things not made of magic or Kryptonite that has cut Superman before
Like?

PillarofOsiris
Doomsday's "bones" come to mind, but doomsday is probably more durable than adamantium, superman was beaten down big time, and doomsday has the strength to cut superman... Wolverine doesnt have the strength to pierce superman. Also superman has been powered up several times since doomsday pierced him.

juggerman
Doomdays bones

juggerman
Plus if we are going but the hype that Wolverines claws can cut thru "anything" then Supes shouldnt be exempt.

I personally dont think the claws do anything to Superman but in this tread im willing to just say they do to be fair to this guantlet

abhilegend
Originally posted by PillarofOsiris
Doomsday's "bones" come to mind, but doomsday is probably more durable than adamantium, superman was beaten down big time, and doomsday has the strength to cut superman... Wolverine doesnt have the strength to pierce superman. Also superman has been powered up several times since doomsday pierced him. Originally posted by juggerman
Doomdays bones
His durability was decreased when he was cut in DOS by exhaustion of his solar reserves.

PillarofOsiris
Plus if we are going but the hype that Wolverines claws can cut thru "anything" then Supes shouldnt be exempt.

I personally dont think the claws do anything to Superman but in this tread im willing to just say they do to be fair to this guantlet

A knife can cut through cardboard, but if I only lightly press into the cardboard it won't go through. Just because something can cut through something in theory, it won't matter if I don't follow through with enough force to pierce it. In the same way, even IF adamantium could cut superman, wolverine won't be able to exert enough force to pierce him. And if u want to make the gauntlet "fair" by artificially weakening superman what's the point of having him in the thread in the first place?

juggerman
I not weakening anyone im simply saying that there is a chance that they could cut him and for this thread only i wont argue against it.

Unless you have a scan of Wolverine trying to cut Superman and failing you cant actually be 100% of it. You can not believe it but thats as far as it goes

abhilegend
I not weakening anyone im simply saying that there is a chance that they could cut him and for this thread only i wont argue against it.

Unless you have a scan of Wolverine trying to cut Superman and failing you cant actually be 100% of it. You can not believe it but thats as far as it goes
Or maybe a weapon superior to wolverine's claws failing to cut superman's skin like persuader's axe would be suffice, right?

Cogito
Wolverine lacks the ability to cut Colossus. This has come up before. He's just not strong enough to cut highly durable opponents. He sure as shit isn't cutting Superman.

Black Bolt's scream is not sound based. Superman's hearing shouldn't have any extra impact, barring a 'tard writer.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Cogito
Wolverine lacks the ability to cut Colossus. This has come up before. He's just not strong enough to cut highly durable opponents. He sure as shit isn't cutting Superman.

Black Bolt's scream is not sound based. Superman's hearing shouldn't have any extra impact, barring a 'tard writer.
Shh, wolverine brigade is listening.

juggerman
Ok ill accept being wrong on both accounts.

Like i said before tho i never thought Logan could cut Supes was just tryna play along with the thread

PillarofOsiris
Strange that he can cut Thor and not colossus. Though I'm not sure if that Thor vs wolverine fight was canon... I think it was.

Dream Stuff
A knife can cut through cardboard, but if I only lightly press into the cardboard it won't go through. Just because something can cut through something in theory, it won't matter if I don't follow through with enough force to pierce it.

True, but if the blade is sufficiently hard and sharp, the amount of force required can be very little. For example, if you were to replicate your hypothetical cardboard experiment with a diamond-coated surgical scalpel, the slightest pressure will in fact let the blade slide right through.

Since we know Adamantium is impossibly hard, the question of what Logan can cut with his strength is entirely determined by how sharp his claws are.

carver9
Originally posted by abhilegend
Well, wolverine isn't cutting superman.

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/th_adventuresof602a.jpg http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/th_adventuresof602b.jpg http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/th_adventuresof602c.jpg

That's persuader's axe and later in the same comic cut open a rift in time and space.
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/th_as602p16.jpg

Ummmmm, the Persuaders ax has cut Superman before. He just used it as a club in that scene.

country1000
Originally posted by abhilegend
His durability was decreased when he was cut in DOS by exhaustion of his solar reserves. Really? I thought he absorbs more sunlight when he's under stress. Funny how you now have an excuse and say he got all exhausted when he got cut. lol

country1000
Originally posted by carver9
Ummmmm, the Persuaders ax has cut Superman before. He just used it as a club in that scene. Very true, but you should know by now that he would leave that fact out. Nice catch carver.

-Pr-
Originally posted by country1000
Really? I thought he absorbs more sunlight when he's under stress. Funny how you now have an excuse and say he got all exhausted when he got cut. lol

It's not an excuse, because it's true. Superman's increased solar absorption was only something that came in later in comics, and even if you wanted to retroactively apply it, it would still come down to Doomsday causing so much damage to Superman's body, that Superman simply couldn't recharge fast enough to counteract it.

Cogito
It certainly never said anything about exhausted solar reserves in DOS, so unless it was stated elsewhere after the fact it's mostly speculation.

DD was able to cut Superman because he's really strong, his bones are really hard, and his bones are really sharp.

country1000
Originally posted by -Pr-
It's not an excuse, because it's true. Superman's increased solar absorption was only something that came in later in comics, and even if you wanted to retroactively apply it, it would still come down to Doomsday causing so much damage to Superman's body, that Superman simply couldn't recharge fast enough to counteract it. It has never been shown in any comic, it was a statement made by two people which falls under hyperbole because it has never happened in a comic as far as i know. Also, how do you know he could not recharge fast enough? That seems like an excuse too.

-Pr-
It has never been shown in any comic, it was a statement made by two people which falls under hyperbole because it has never happened in a comic as far as i know. Also, how do you know he could not recharge fast enough? That seems like an excuse too.

Statements aren't automatically hyperbole, so I don't know where that came from. What never happened in a comic, exactly? Him absorbing more energy? Or him weakening when his reserves were lower? Both have.

It's only an excuse because you want it to be one. Superman's healing factor depends on sunlight absorption. The more sunlight Superman absorbs, the more powerful he gets, and as such, the faster he heals.

It's like trying to fill a jug while said jug is being emptied. If you can't fill it faster than it's being emptied, then you're going to be losing.

--

That all said, Doomsday puncturing Superman is likely just due to how tough Doomsday himself is, given that he and Superman are generally portrayed as physical peers.

country1000
Statements aren't automatically hyperbole, so I don't know where that came from. What never happened in a comic, exactly? Him absorbing more energy? Or him weakening when his reserves were lower? Both have.

It's only an excuse because you want it to be one. Superman's healing factor depends on sunlight absorption. The more sunlight Superman absorbs, the more powerful he gets, and as such, the faster he heals.

It's like trying to fill a jug while said jug is being emptied. If you can't fill it faster than it's being emptied, then you're going to be losing.

--

That all said, Doomsday puncturing Superman is likely just due to how tough Doomsday himself is, given that he and Superman are generally portrayed as physical peers. Superman has to get closer or go into the sun to get more powerful, he cannot will himself stronger nor can he increase his powers in any other way. He cannot control the intensity of the sunlight, if 90 degree heat hits him, thats all he will get. The fact that he has to enter or get near the sun to get stronger proves my case.

-Pr-
Superman has to get closer or go into the sun to get more powerful, he cannot will himself stronger nor can he increase his powers in any other way. He cannot control the intensity of the sunlight, if 90 degree heat hits him, thats all he will get. The fact that he has to enter or get near the sun to get stronger proves my case.

No. Superman, if he's exposed to the sun, only needs his emotional state to change for him to get more powerful.

It's not a fact, actually.

PillarofOsiris
Superman has to get closer or go into the sun to get more powerful, he cannot will himself stronger nor can he increase his powers in any other way. He cannot control the intensity of the sunlight, if 90 degree heat hits him, thats all he will get. The fact that he has to enter or get near the sun to get stronger proves my case.

Except that's not the only way he gets more powerful.and also it's a bad analogy anyway as he's more like a capacitor in the way he stores solar energy. And how is it "making excuses"? Being beaten down by doomsday depletes solar energy from superman so him getting "cut" isn't superman starting at his peak getting cut. It's like saying ok... Wolverine can cut superman... As long as doomsday beats him down for an hour before wolverine tries to cut him.

StiltmanFTW

He's cut many nigh-invulnerable characters, he doesn't need much strength to back up blades made of the "miracle metal".

country1000
No. Superman, if he's exposed to the sun, only needs his emotional state to change for him to get more powerful.

It's not a fact, actually. That is not the case with superman. His emotional state does not decrease or increase his powers. The fact that he HAS to sundip or get closer to the sun is the key. If superman has mental blocks as claimed, what happens to them when he dips? Does the dip override the block? Does he drop the mental blocks himself and if so, why does he needs to sundip then? In other words, the sun controls his powers, not him. He cannot get mad and get stronger, he cannot cut loose and get stronger. His strength is set in stone unless he powers up in the sun.

Cogito
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
He's cut many nigh-invulnerable characters, he doesn't need much strength to back up blades made of the "miracle metal".

Chumps like the Hulk have really bad piercing durability. In the Hulk's case, he just has a superb HF to make up for it.

country1000
Except that's not the only way he gets more powerful.and also it's a bad analogy anyway as he's more like a capacitor in the way he stores solar energy. And how is it "making excuses"? Being beaten down by doomsday depletes solar energy from superman so him getting "cut" isn't superman starting at his peak getting cut. It's like saying ok... Wolverine can cut superman... As long as doomsday beats him down for an hour before wolverine tries to cut him. Superman has been cut at his peak before.

country1000
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
He's cut many nigh-invulnerable characters, he doesn't need much strength to back up blades made of the "miracle metal". True.

Colossus-Big C
Zeus kills everyone, comics hulk>>any of these guys

-Pr-
That is not the case with superman. His emotional state does not decrease or increase his powers. The fact that he HAS to sundip or get closer to the sun is the key. If superman has mental blocks as claimed, what happens to them when he dips? Does the dip override the block? Does he drop the mental blocks himself and if so, why does he needs to sundip then? In other words, the sun controls his powers, not him. He cannot get mad and get stronger, he cannot cut loose and get stronger. His strength is set in stone unless he powers up in the sun.

Yes it does, and it has been stated in the comics as such, and is backed up by his performances.

You're trying to portray something as a fact when it really isn't.

Also, I don't think you fully grasp how his powers work, no offence.

The sundip is a rapid charge, a super-overload that increases his powers ten-fold, or even beyond that. When Superman is on earth, he's constantly absorbing solar radiation, it just changes how much based on his emotional state or his proximity to the sun.

StiltmanFTW
Chumps like the Hulk have really bad piercing durability. In the Hulk's case, he just has a superb HF to make up for it.

His piercing durability is actually quite good, but I wasn't talking about the Green Goliath.

Thanos with the Power Gem.

Gladiator.

Count Nefaria.

Thor.

Namor.

Thing.

Colossus got damaged, too... regardless of what you may think. I can go on.

juggerman
Go on

StiltmanFTW
Iron Man (w/o the forcefield), Crimson Dynamo, High Evolutionary's armor, fully powered Juggernaut's helmet, Abomination, arguably the most durable Hulk incarnation (Green Scar), Rulk, Rhino, new Apocalypse from the AoA universe, Apocalypse robot, Ragnarok (Thor's cyborg clone), Wrecker and other WC members, Ulik (minor cuts), one-foot thick omnium door, many forcefields, Kuurth (his claws were uru-enhanced at that time though), cut Wendigo's arm off in a single swipe, hurt classic Rogue with a glancing blow...

It's easier to list the characters/objects he failed to cut.

biensalsa
I kind of remember Colussus having the greatest durability out of Thor and Hulk and this was stated in Secret wars 1 IIRC

abhilegend
Ummmmm, the Persuaders ax has cut Superman before. He just used it as a club in that scene.
facepalm
You can see the cut marks on his shield carv.Originally posted by country1000
Really? I thought he absorbs more sunlight when he's under stress. Funny how you now have an excuse and say he got all exhausted when he got cut. lol
Not when DOS occured.Originally posted by country1000
Very true, but you should know by now that he would leave that fact out. Nice catch carver.
laughing out loud

Says the guy with a hundred excuses for gladiator.

abhilegend
Superman has been cut at his peak before.
By who may I ask?

iceman24567
Not sure if you need glasses or if your just trolling erm
Very true, but you should know by now that he would leave that fact out. Nice catch carver. Look at you all excited to see downplaying by carver but he's wrong

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C

facepalm

carver9

This.

iceman24567
Zeus kills everyone, comics hulk>>any of these guys Hmm yup i can see why nobody takes you seriously

carver9
By the way, Wolverine cuts all of them.

iceman24567
Wolverine breaks his claws on Supermans hairy chest

Hulkbuster1
Doomdays bones um you do know doomsday is technically kryptonian since he was made on krypton thus his strength would be strong enough to break supermans solar aurura sheild yes

quanchi112
Originally posted by keiththegreat
Thor and Superman each stand there and take each attack. They heal between each round. Who gets farther before being KO'ed? Who gets farther without being killed?

1. Each hero shot by 100 shield agents for ten minutes by standard guns.

2. Each hero pounded by the Thing for 10 minutes.

3. Wolverine gets 20 minutes to slash each hero.

4. Hydrogen bomb dropped on each hero's head.

5. Hellicarrier dropped on each hero's head.

6. Current Red Hulk gets to pound each hero as hard as he can for 20 minutes.

7. All the U-Foes blast each hero with everything they've got for 5 minutes.

8. Magneto gets 100 adamantium bullets and gets to attack each hero for 5 minutes.

9.black bolt screams point blank range at each hero.

10. Zeus gets to physcially punch each hero for 10 minutes (fists only) Hulk does the best.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.